Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MYO5A
Description: myosin VA
Alias: GS1, MYH12, MYO5, MYR12, unconventional myosin-Va, dilute myosin heavy chain, non-muscle, myosin V, myosin VA (heavy chain 12, myoxin), myosin, heavy polypeptide kinase, myosin-12, myosin-Va, myoxin
Publications123 found, 100 shown here
- Desnos C, Huet S, Darchen F. 'Should I stay or should I go?': myosin V function in organelle trafficking. Biol Cell. 2007;99:411-23 pubmed..b>Myosin Va is recruited on to diverse organelles, such as melanosomes and secretory vesicles, by a mechanism involving Rab ..
- Wollert T, Patel A, Lee Y, Provance D, Vought V, Cosgrove M, et al. Myosin5a tail associates directly with Rab3A-containing compartments in neurons. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:14352-61 pubmed publisherMyosin-Va (Myo5a) is a motor protein associated with synaptic vesicles (SVs) but the mechanism by which it interacts has not yet been identified...
- Lambert J, Naeyaert J, Callens T, De Paepe A, Messiaen L. Human myosin V gene produces different transcripts in a cell type-specific manner. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1998;252:329-33 pubmedIn mice, tissue-specific alternative splicing of the myosin V gene in the C-terminal tail domain is well documented with exclusion of exon F from brain transcripts, but present in skin, particularly in melanocytes...
- Strom M, Hume A, Tarafder A, Barkagianni E, Seabra M. A family of Rab27-binding proteins. Melanophilin links Rab27a and myosin Va function in melanosome transport. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:25423-30 pubmed..We also show that melanophilin associates with Rab27a and myosin Va on melanosomes in melanocytes, and present evidence that a domain within the carboxyl-terminal region of ..
- Fukuda M, Kuroda T. Missense mutations in the globular tail of myosin-Va in dilute mice partially impair binding of Slac2-a/melanophilin. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:583-91 pubmed..On the basis of our findings, we propose that myosin-Va interacts with Slac2-a.Rab27A complex on the melanosome via two distinct domains, both of which are essential for melanosome transport in melanocytes. ..
- Lu Z, Shen M, Cao Y, Zhang H, Yao L, Li X. Calmodulin bound to the first IQ motif is responsible for calcium-dependent regulation of myosin 5a. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:16530-40 pubmed publisher..We propose that Ca(2+) induces a conformational change of the C-lobe of CaM in IQ1 and prevents interaction between the head and the tail, thus activating motor function...
- Yamaguchi Y, Hearing V. Physiological factors that regulate skin pigmentation. Biofactors. 2009;35:193-9 pubmed publisher..Microtubules, dynein, kinesin, actin filaments, Rab27a, melanophilin, myosin Va, and Slp2-a are involved in melanosome transport...
- Cailleaux A, Mahieu F, Heinrichs C, Adams B, Ismaili K, Brachet C. [Nephrogenic syndrome of inappropriate antidiuresis: Early diagnosis avoids severe hyponatremia complications]. Arch Pediatr. 2017;24:630-633 pubmed publisher..Genetic analysis of the AVPR2 sequence on the X chromosome will confirm the diagnosis and, given the wide variability of clinical expression, sequencing of the family members should be done. ..
- Westbroek W, Tuchman M, Tinloy B, De Wever O, Vilboux T, Hertz J, et al. A novel missense mutation (G43S) in the switch I region of Rab27A causing Griscelli syndrome. Mol Genet Metab. 2008;94:248-54 pubmed publisher..Once attached, Rab27A recruits the downstream effector Melanophilin (Mlph) and the actin-dependent motor protein Myosin Va (MyoVa)...
- Kudo M, Kobayashi Nakamura K, Tsuji Naito K. Bifunctional effects of O-methylated flavones from Scutellaria baicalensis Georgi on melanocytes: Inhibition of melanin production and intracellular melanosome transport. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0171513 pubmed publisher..Other actin-based melanosome transport-related molecules, i.e., Rab27A and myosin Va, were not affected by wogonin...
- OtrÄ™ba M, Buszman E, MiliÅ„ski M, WrzeÅ›niok D. [Hypomelanoses transmitted from generation to generation]. Postepy Hig Med Dosw (Online). 2014;68:1081-90 pubmed..and phenylketonuria, and are caused by different mutations of the following genes: TYR, P, TRP1, MATP, HPS, CHS, MYO5A, RAB27A, MLPH, ATP7A and PAH...
- Peters A, Rindos N, Guido R, Donnellan N. Uterine-sparing Laparoscopic Resection of Accessory Cavitated Uterine Masses. J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2018;25:24-25 pubmed publisher..Uterine and fertility sparing laparoscopic resection is possible but challenging due to poorly defined planes. ..
- Demyanenko S, Uzdensky A. Profiling of Signaling Proteins in Penumbra After Focal Photothrombotic Infarct in the Rat Brain Cortex. Mol Neurobiol. 2017;54:6839-6856 pubmed publisher..proteins regulating actin cytoskeleton were over-expressed: cofilin, actopaxin, p120CTN, ?-catenin, p35, myosin Va, and pFAK were up-regulated, whereas ezrin, tropomyosin, spectrin (? + ?), ?IV-tubulin and ..
- Mack M, Kowalski E, Grahn R, Bras D, Penedo M, Bellone R. Two Variants in SLC24A5 Are Associated with "Tiger-Eye" Iris Pigmentation in Puerto Rican Paso Fino Horses. G3 (Bethesda). 2017;7:2799-2806 pubmed publisher..Further, unlike OCA6 in humans, the Tiger-eye 1 mutation in its homozygous state or as a compound heterozygote (Tiger-eye 1/Tiger-eye 2) does not appear to cause ocular anomalies or a change in coat color in the PRPF horse. ..
- Paffett M, Zychowski K, Sheppard L, Robertson S, Weaver J, Lucas S, et al. Ozone Inhalation Impairs Coronary Artery Dilation via Intracellular Oxidative Stress: Evidence for Serum-Borne Factors as Drivers of Systemic Toxicity. Toxicol Sci. 2015;146:244-53 pubmed publisher..Thus, bioactivity from inhalation exposures may be due to compositional changes of the circulation. These studies shed light on possible mechanisms of action that may explain O3-associated cardiac morbidity and mortality in humans. ..
- Wauters A, Vicenzi M, De Becker B, Riga J, Esmaeilzadeh F, Faoro V, et al. At high cardiac output, diesel exhaust exposure increases pulmonary vascular resistance and decreases distensibility of pulmonary resistive vessels. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2015;309:H2137-44 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, acute exposure to DE increased pulmonary vasomotor tone by decreasing the distensibility of pulmonary resistive vessels at high cardiac output. ..
- Ames P, Merashli M, Chis Ster I, D Andrea G, Iannaccone L, Marottoli V, et al. Survival in primary antiphospholipid syndrome. A single-centre cohort study. Thromb Haemost. 2016;115:1200-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, plasma DRVVTr and FNG are strongly associated with the risk of vascular death in PAPS; while FNG lowering agents exist further research should be directed at therapeutic strategies able to dampen aPL production. ..
- Imbriano L, Mattana J, Drakakis J, Maesaka J. Identifying Different Causes of Hyponatremia With Fractional Excretion of Uric Acid. Am J Med Sci. 2016;352:385-390 pubmed publisher..A volume-depleted hyponatremic patient with Addison?s disease had a low FEurate of 1.4%. These illustrative cases suggest that an approach to hyponatremia using FEurate may be a useful alternative to traditional volume-based approaches. ..
- Yao K, Zhang L, Zhou H, Tang N, Li D. Plasma Antiphospholipid Antibodies Effects on Activated Partial Thromboplastin Time Assays. Am J Med Sci. 2017;354:22-26 pubmed publisher..05). When abnormal aPTT values are obtained, the influence of aPLs should be considered, especially in the presence of a moderate to strong dRVVT or SCT. ..
- Gerhardsson J, Sundelin B, Zickert A, Padyukov L, Svenungsson E, Gunnarsson I. Histological antiphospholipid-associated nephropathy versus lupus nephritis in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus: an observational cross-sectional study with longitudinal follow-up. Arthritis Res Ther. 2015;17:109 pubmed publisher..We have demonstrated an increased risk for development of renal impairment and a genetic predisposition in hAPLN patients compared to lupus nephritis patients. ..
- Begum N, Anwary S, Alfazzaman M, Mahzabin Z, Deeba F, Mostafa M, et al. Correlation between Seropositivity of Chlamydia Trachomatis and Tubal and/or Pelvic Pathology Detected by Diagnostic Laparoscopy in Subfertile Women. Mymensingh Med J. 2017;26:840-845 pubmed..This indicates strong correlation between seropositivity of chlamydia trachomatis and/or pelvic pathology detected by diagnostic laparoscopy...
- Jimenez B, Maya C, Velasquez G, Torner F, Arambula F, Barrios J, et al. Identification and quantification of pathogenic helminth eggs using a digital image system. Exp Parasitol. 2016;166:164-72 pubmed publisher..The time required to analyze each image is less than a minute. This system could be used in central analytical laboratories providing a remote analysis service. ..
- Le R, Das P, Mahan K, Anderson S, Wells T, Yuan J, et al. Utilization of simultaneous saccharification and fermentation residues as feedstock for lipid accumulation in Rhodococcus opacus. AMB Express. 2017;7:185 pubmed publisher..Though the DAP-SSF substrate resulted in low FAME titers, novel analysis of solid-state fermentations was investigated, which determined that DAP-SSF residues could be a viable feedstock for lipid generation...
- Chen B, Li J, Borgens R. Neuroprotection by chitosan nanoparticles in oxidative stress-mediated injury. BMC Res Notes. 2018;11:49 pubmed publisher..Consistent with this hypothesis is the observation that apoptotic cells did not exhibit early stage membrane damage. These in vitro results elucidate mechanisms by which membrane fusogens may provide therapeutic benefit. ..
- Fathi M, Mohebbi M, Koocheki A, Hesarinejad M. Dilute solution properties of Prunus armeniaca gum exudates: Influence of temperature, salt, and sugar. Int J Biol Macromol. 2017;96:501-506 pubmed publisher..The data obtained in the present study and results thereof can be useful when considering the effect of additives generally used in food products and/or processing parameters like temperature in food systems. ..
- Hou S, Dong X, Zhu J, Zheng J, Bi W, Li S, et al. Preparation and characterization of an antibacterial ultrafiltration membrane with N-chloramine functional groups. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2017;496:391-400 pubmed publisher..coli solution and incubation on LB nutrient agar plate, indicating that the PEK-N-Cl membrane enhibits antifouling. Furthermore, the PEK-N-Cl membrane is recyclable via subsequent exposure to a sodium hypochlorite solution. ..
- Fujita J, Hiyama T, Hirukawa A, Kondo T, Nakamura J, Ito S, et al. Near room temperature chemical vapor deposition of graphene with diluted methane and molten gallium catalyst. Sci Rep. 2017;7:12371 pubmed publisher..Our results represent a significant progress in reducing graphene synthesis temperature and understanding its mechanism. ..
- Samuel D, Steinhauser C, Smith J, Kaufman A, Radin M, Naruse J, et al. Ion Pairing and Diffusion in Magnesium Electrolytes Based on Magnesium Borohydride. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2017;: pubmed publisher..These data are consistent with the solubility limitations observed experimentally for Mg(BH4)2-based electrolytes, and highlight the need for strategies that minimize salt agglomeration in electrolytes containing divalent cations...
- McCaffrey M, Lindsay A. Roles for myosin Va in RNA transport and turnover. Biochem Soc Trans. 2012;40:1416-20 pubmed publisherMammals express three class V myosins. Myosin Va is widely expressed, but enriched in the brain, testes and melanocytes, myosin Vb is expressed ubiquitously, and myosin Vc is believed to be epithelium-specific...
- StÃ¸rdal I, Olsen A, Jenssen B, Netzer R, Hansen B, Altin D, et al. Concentrations of viable oil-degrading microorganisms are increased in feces from Calanus finmarchicus feeding in petroleum oil dispersions. Mar Pollut Bull. 2015;98:69-77 pubmed publisher..Zooplankton may therefore contribute to weathering of oil by excreting feces with microbial communities already adapted to degradation of oil. ..
- Pasquier C, Beaufils S, Bouchoux A, Rigault S, Cabane B, Lund M, et al. Osmotic pressures of lysozyme solutions from gas-like to crystal states. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2016;18:28458-28465 pubmed..We verified that our data points correspond to thermodynamic equilibria, and thus that they consist of the reference experimental counterpart of a thermodynamic equation of state. ..
- Qifeng W, Xiulian R, Jingjing G, Yongxing C. Recovery and separation of sulfuric acid and iron from dilute acidic sulfate effluent and waste sulfuric acid by solvent extraction and stripping. J Hazard Mater. 2016;304:1-9 pubmed publisher..Under the optimal conditions, about 98% of Fe(III) and sulfuric acid were removed from the DASE, and about 99.9% of Fe(III) in the organic phase was stripped with the WSA. ..
- Magyar M, da Costa Sousa L, Jin M, Sarks C, Balan V. Conversion of apple pomace waste to ethanol at industrial relevant conditions. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2016;100:7349-58 pubmed publisher..These results show that apple pomace is an excellent feedstock for producing ethanol that could be either used as biofuel or as beverage. ..
- Byrd C, Main R, Makagon M. Evaluating Pekin duck walking ability using a treadmill performance test. Poult Sci. 2016;95:2244-9 pubmed publisher..5 = labored walk without easily identifiable impediment, n = 56; GS1 = obvious impediment, n = 59) and the amount of time each duck was able to sustain walking on a treadmill at a ..
- Zhang J, Yuan J, Zhang W, Tu F, Jiang Y, Sun C. An anaerobic detoxification fermentation by Rhodospirillum rubrum for rice straw as feed with moderate pretreatment. Prep Biochem Biotechnol. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Other key contents were also improved for use as feed, and some toxic substances (i.e., furfural, hydroxymethylfurfural, acetic acid, phenol, cresol) produced by the pretreatments could be removed at low levels during the fermentations...
- Zhang Q, Wei Y, Han H, Weng C. Enhancing bioethanol production from water hyacinth by new combined pretreatment methods. Bioresour Technol. 2018;251:358-363 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the production of bioethanol could achieve 1.40?g·L-1 after fermentation, which could provide an extremely promising way for utilization of water hyacinth. ..
- Shirane K, Kurimoto K, Yabuta Y, Yamaji M, Satoh J, Ito S, et al. Global Landscape and Regulatory Principles of DNA Methylation Reprogramming for Germ Cell Specification by Mouse Pluripotent Stem Cells. Dev Cell. 2016;39:87-103 pubmed publisher..Our findings illuminate the unique orchestration of DNA methylation and histone modification reprogramming during PGC specification. ..
- Derman B, Jain M, McAninch E, Gashti C. Bendamustine-induced nephrogenic diabetes insipidus?. Clin Nephrol. 2017;87 (2017):47-50 pubmed..We propose that bendamustine, similar to the alkylating agent ifosfamide, is toxic to the glomerulus and proximal tubule cells and is the most likely cause of the patient's nephrogenic DI.?. ..
- Dickmann R, Strasburg G, Romsos D, Wilson L, Lai G, Huang H. Particle Size, Surface Area, and Amorphous Content as Predictors of Solubility and Bioavailability for Five Commercial Sources of Ferric Orthophosphate in Ready-To-Eat Cereal. Nutrients. 2016;8:129 pubmed publisher..This information may prove useful for the production of FePOâ‚„ with the desired RBV. ..
- Samarakoon A, Takahashi M, Zhang D, Yang J, Katayama N, Sinclair R, et al. Scaling of Memories and Crossover in Glassy Magnets. Sci Rep. 2017;7:12053 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our systematic study on dilute magnetic alloys with varying magnetic concentration exhibits crossovers among the two glassy states and spin solid. ..
- Komori Y, Iwane A, Yanagida T. Myosin-V makes two brownian 90 degrees rotations per 36-nm step. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2007;14:968-73 pubmed..The brownian rotation may be advantageous for cargo transport through a crowded actin meshwork and for carrying cargoes reliably via multiple myosin-V molecules in the cell. ..
- PÃ©rez Delgado C, GarcÃa CalderÃ³n M, MÃ¡rquez A, Betti M. Reassimilation of Photorespiratory Ammonium in Lotus japonicus Plants Deficient in Plastidic Glutamine Synthetase. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0130438 pubmed publisher..Induction of genes encoding for cytosolic glutamine synthetase (GS1), glutamate dehydrogenase (GDH) and asparagine synthetase (ASN) was observed in the mutant in correspondence with ..
- Nachev V, Stich K, Winter C, Bond A, KAMIL A, Winter Y. Cognition-mediated evolution of low-quality floral nectars. Science. 2017;355:75-78 pubmed publisher..We predict such a pattern to generally occur when decision-makers consider multiple value dimensions simultaneously, and increases of psychological value are not fully proportional to increases in physical magnitude. ..
- Borg D, Kolb E, Lantigua C, Stripp R. Chiral Analysis of Methamphetamine in Oral Fluid Samples: A Method to Distinguish Licit from Illicit Drug Use. J Anal Toxicol. 2017;:1-8 pubmed publisher..Finally, having previously tested positive for MAMP using non-chiral analysis, 256 de-identified authentic oral fluid samples were analyzed using this validated method. 98% of all samples tested positive for d-MAMP at greater than 20%...
- Delaney K, Fredrickson G. Theory of polyelectrolyte complexation-Complex coacervates are self-coacervates. J Chem Phys. 2017;146:224902 pubmed publisher..These represent the first comprehensive, approximation-free phase diagrams for coacervate and self-coacervate systems to appear in the literature...
- Irani M, Razavi S, Abdel Aal E, Hucl P, Patterson C. Dilute solution properties of canary seed (Phalaris canariensis) starch in comparison to wheat starch. Int J Biol Macromol. 2016;87:123-9 pubmed publisher..The molecular weight, coil radius and coil volume of CSSs were smaller than WS. The behavior and molecular characterization of canary seed starch showed its unique properties compared with wheat starch. ..
- Romeo A, Castriciano M, Zagami R, Pollicino G, Monsù Scolaro L, Pasternack R. Effect of zinc cations on the kinetics of supramolecular assembly and the chirality of porphyrin J-aggregates. Chem Sci. 2017;8:961-967 pubmed publisher..The use of this metal derivative as the starting compound for in situ formation of monomeric TPPS is suggested. ..
- Benjamins J, Migliorati F, Dekker K, Wassing R, Moens S, Blanken T, et al. Insomnia heterogeneity: Characteristics to consider for data-driven multivariate subtyping. Sleep Med Rev. 2017;36:71-81 pubmed publisher..sleepregistry.nl), that allows for bottom-up subtyping and fosters cross-cultural comparison and worldwide collaboration on insomnia subtype finding - and beyond. ..
- Glasgow B. Fluorescence lifetime imaging microscopy reveals quenching of fluorescein within corneal epithelium. Exp Eye Res. 2016;147:12-19 pubmed publisher..Intracellular quenching occurs in normal corneal epithelium. Lifetime decay curves suggest complex mechanisms are involved. Quenching is a plausible explanation for the low fluorescence background observed clinically. ..
- Zhong N, Zhao M, Zhong L, Liao Q, Zhu X, Luo B, et al. A high-sensitivity fiber-optic evanescent wave sensor with a three-layer structure composed of Canada balsam doped with GeO2. Biosens Bioelectron. 2016;85:876-882 pubmed publisher..2ng/l and a response time around 320s. The application of this high-sensitivity FOEW sensor can be extended to biodefense, disease diagnosis, biomedical and biochemical analysis. ..
- Münch J, Alizadehrad D, Babu S, Stark H. Taylor line swimming in microchannels and cubic lattices of obstacles. Soft Matter. 2016;12:7350-63 pubmed publisher..When plotting the swimming velocity versus the magnitude of the lattice vector, all our data collapse on a single master curve. Finally, we also report more complex trajectories within the obstacle lattice. ..
- Li Z, Yang T, Zhao Q, Zhang M. Tunable photoluminescence and room temperature ferromagnetism of In2S3:Dy3+,Tb3+ nanoparticles. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2017;19:16758-16764 pubmed publisher..This study provides experimental and theoretical guidance for the design and synthesis of promising candidates for optical, magnetic, and spintronic applications. ..
- Kim S, Kim D, Yang J, Lee J, Kim S. Utilization of hydrolysate from lignocellulosic biomass pretreatment to generate electricity by enzymatic fuel cell system. Enzyme Microb Technol. 2016;85:32-7 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the impurities in the hydrolysate such as phenols and furans slightly affected the charge transfer on the surface of the electrode, but did not affect the power generation of the EFC system in principal. ..
- Dear B, Hung J, Truskett T, Johnston K. Contrasting the Influence of Cationic Amino Acids on the Viscosity and Stability of a Highly Concentrated Monoclonal Antibody. Pharm Res. 2017;34:193-207 pubmed publisher..Shear rate profiles demonstrate that select co-solutes reduce protein network formation. ..
- Faria S, Provete D, Thurman C, McNamara J. Phylogenetic patterns and the adaptive evolution of osmoregulation in fiddler crabs (Brachyura, Uca). PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0171870 pubmed publisher..Thus, during the evolutionary history of fiddler crabs, salinity has driven some of the osmoregulatory transformations that underpin habitat diversification, although others are apparently constrained phylogenetically. ..
- Stone H, See D, Smiley A, Ellingson A, Schimmoeller J, Oudejans L. Surface decontamination for blister agents Lewisite, sulfur mustard and agent yellow, a Lewisite and sulfur mustard mixture. J Hazard Mater. 2016;314:59-66 pubmed publisher..The effectiveness of decontaminants was found to depend on agent, material, and decontaminant. Increased decontaminant reaction time (60min rather than 30min) did not significantly increase effectiveness. ..
- Rezvantalab H, Zhu G, Larson R. The effect of wall depletion and hydrodynamic interactions on stress-gradient-induced polymer migration. Soft Matter. 2016;12:5883-97 pubmed publisher..In general, we demonstrate that the polymer concentrates in drastically different regions of the channel depending on Gd and Wi. ..
- Ishida N, Jo M, Mano T, Sakuma Y, Noda T, Fujita D. Direct visualization of the N impurity state in dilute GaNAs using scanning tunneling microscopy. Nanoscale. 2015;7:16773-80 pubmed publisher..Our experimental findings provide strong insights into a possible role of N impurity states in modifying properties of the host materials. ..
- Zigelman A, Manor O. A model for pattern deposition from an evaporating solution subject to contact angle hysteresis and finite solubility. Soft Matter. 2016;12:5693-707 pubmed publisher..We use our model to explore the relationships between a variety of deposition patterns and the governing parameters, show that the model repeats previous findings, and suggest further insights. ..
- Li M, Zhang X, Quinn T, Lee D, Liu D, Kunkel F, et al. Automated cassette-based production of high specific activity [203/212Pb]peptide-based theranostic radiopharmaceuticals for image-guided radionuclide therapy for cancer. Appl Radiat Isot. 2017;127:52-60 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate that the Pb-203/Pb-212 combination is a promising elementally-matched radionuclide pair for image-guided radionuclide therapy for melanoma, neuroendocrine tumors, and potentially other cancers. ..
- Moore G, Peyrafitte M, Dunois C, Amiral J. Newly developed dilute Russell's viper venom reagents for lupus anticoagulant detection with improved specificity. Lupus. 2018;27:95-104 pubmed publisher..Applying higher cut-offs improved accuracy in Group 4 patients. Conclusion HBM dRVVT exhibited improved specificity, mainly due to less interference by anticoagulation, but reduced sensitivity, compared to the other dRVVTs employed...
- Zhang J, Yuan J, Zhang W, Zhu W, Tu F, Jiang Y, et al. An aerobic detoxification photofermentation by Rhodospirillum rubrum for converting soy sauce residue into feed with moderate pretreatment. World J Microbiol Biotechnol. 2017;33:184 pubmed publisher..The quality of soy sauce residue is improved for use as feed and some toxic substances can be decreased via the R. rubrum fermentation. ..
- Kachur A, Arroyo A, Bryan N, Saylor S, Popov A, Delikatny E. Synthesis of pH indicators for Cerenkov imaging by electrophilic substitution of bromine by fluorine in an aromatic system. J Fluor Chem. 2017;200:146-152 pubmed publisher..Both dibromothymol blue and fluorobromothymol blue revealed intermolecular attenuate Cerenkov radiation selectively near their maximum absorbance in a pH dependent manner...
- Belali S, Emandi G, Cafolla A, O Connell B, Haffner B, MÃ¶bius M, et al. Water-soluble, neutral 3,5-diformyl-BODIPY with extended fluorescence lifetime in a self-healable chitosan hydrogel. Photochem Photobiol Sci. 2017;16:1700-1708 pubmed publisher..Improvements in mechanical and photochemical properties and the acceptable values of BODIPY fluorescence lifetime in the hydrogel matrix indicate the utility of the newly synthesized hydrogels for biomedical applications. ..
- Taoka M, Fujii M, Tsuchiya M, Uekita T, Ichimura T. A Sensitive Microbead-Based Organic Media-Assisted Method for Proteomics Sample Preparation from Dilute and Denaturing Solutions. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2017;: pubmed publisher..The simplicity and availability of the present BOPs make it especially attractive for next-stage proteomics of rare and sample-limited systems...
- Anu A, Dhabbe K, Kulkarni P, Mehilal M. Studies on conversion of waste Nitramine and Fuel Rich based Propellants into Liquid fertilizer. Environ Technol. 2017;:1-25 pubmed publisher..Further, the final product, i.e., number of pods of cluster bean and length in each pod was found to be more for liquid fertilizer of nitramine propellant compared to fuel rich propellant based liquid fertilizer...
- Liu J, Song J, Huang K, Michel D, Fang J. HPLC-MS/FMS analysis of anthocyanins in human plasma and urine using protein precipitation and dilute-and-shoot sample preparation methods, respectively. Biomed Chromatogr. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Cyanidin-3-galactoside, cyanidin-3-glucoside, cyanidin-3-arabinoside, cyanidin-3-xyloside, and quercetin-3-galactoside, the five major flavonoids components in saskatoon berries, were identified in plasma and urine samples...
- Seabra M, Coudrier E. Rab GTPases and myosin motors in organelle motility. Traffic. 2004;5:393-9 pubmed..is the case of the melanosome where Rab27a recruits a specific effector called melanophilin, which in turn binds myosin Va. The presence of a linker protein between a Rab and a myosin may represent a general mechanism...
- Rositano J, Harpas P, Kostakis C, Scott T. Supported liquid extraction (SLE) for the analysis of methylamphetamine, methylenedioxymethylamphetamine and delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol in oral fluid and blood of drivers. Forensic Sci Int. 2016;265:125-30 pubmed publisher..Linearity was achieved up to 1250ng/mL for MA and MDMA, and 112ng/mL for THC (r(2)>0.999 for all analytes). The method is designed for easy transfer to an automated liquid handling platform. ..
- Dominguez Medina S, Chen S, Blankenburg J, Swanglap P, Landes C, Link S. Measuring the Hydrodynamic Size of Nanoparticles Using Fluctuation Correlation Spectroscopy. Annu Rev Phys Chem. 2016;67:489-514 pubmed publisher..In particular, we show examples of the use of FCS to measure the size of gold nanoparticles, monitor the rotational dynamics of gold nanorods, and investigate the formation of protein coronas on nanoparticles. ..
- Jiang W, Zhou I, Wen L, Zhou X, Sun P. A theoretical analysis of chemical exchange saturation transfer echo planar imaging (CEST-EPI) steady state solution and the CEST sensitivity efficiency-based optimization approach. Contrast Media Mol Imaging. 2016;11:415-423 pubmed publisher..The sensitivity efficiency-based optimization approach could simplify and guide imaging of CEST agents, including glycogen, glucose, creatine, gamma-aminobutyric acid and glutamate. Copyright © 2016 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. ..
- Clark B, Sundaram S, Misture S. Polymorphic Transitions in Cerium-Substituted Zirconolite (CaZrTi2O7). Sci Rep. 2017;7:5920 pubmed publisher..Our results show that a transition from 2M- to 4M-zirconolite occurs with increasing Ce content and can be controlled by adjusting the PO2 and the heat treatment temperature. ..
- Jiang C, He Y, Chong G, Di J, Tang Y, Ma C. Enzymatic in situ saccharification of sugarcane bagasse pretreated with low loading of alkalic salts Na2SO3/Na3PO4 by autoclaving. J Biotechnol. 2017;259:73-82 pubmed publisher..1% of the theoretical yield. In conclusion, this study provided an effective pretreatment strategy for enhancing SCB's saccharification, which has potential application of other lignocellulosic materials. ..
- Radzihovsky S, Cranfill C, Nguyen Z, Park C, Maclennan J, Glaser M, et al. Two-dimensional island emulsions in ultrathin, freely-suspended smectic liquid crystal films. Soft Matter. 2017;13:6314-6321 pubmed publisher..We observe a rich array of phenomena that includes the formation of chains of islands organized into two-dimensional smectics in the dilute phase, and island deformation and coalescence in the condensed phase. ..
- Gurnev P, Stanley C, Aksoyoglu M, Hong K, Parsegian V, Bezrukov S. Poly(ethylene glycol)s in Semidilute Regime: Radius of Gyration in the Bulk and Partitioning into a Nanopore. Macromolecules. 2017;50:2477-2483 pubmed publisher..These findings advance our conceptual and quantitative understanding of nanopore polymer partitioning; they also support the main assumptions of the recent "polymers-pushing-polymers" model...
- Stein J, Koffarnus M, O Connor R, Hatsukami D, Bickel W. Effects of Filter Ventilation on Behavioral Economic Demand for Cigarettes: A Preliminary Investigation. Nicotine Tob Res. 2017;: pubmed publisher..In the present study, we examined the effects of blocking ventilation holes on behavioral economic demand for cigarettes (i.e., consumption as a function of price)...
- Dong L, Wen C, Junxia Y, Yigang D. Synthesis of carboxyl-introduced chitosan with C2 amine groups protected and its use in copper (II) removal. Water Sci Technol. 2017;76:2095-2105 pubmed publisher..The adsorption mechanism is based on ion exchange and chelating action, and the adsorption process is mainly chemisorption. ..
- Paturej J, Kreer T. Hierarchical excluded volume screening in solutions of bottlebrush polymers. Soft Matter. 2017;13:8534-8541 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide important insights that should enable improved customization of novel materials based on the architectural design of polymer bottlebrushes...
- De Luna V, Mancini F, De Maio F, Bernardi G, Ippolito E, Caterini R. Intraoperative Disinfection by Pulse Irrigation with Povidone-Iodine Solution in Spine Surgery. Adv Orthop. 2017;2017:7218918 pubmed publisher..The objective of this prospective study was to evaluate the efficacy of wound pulse irrigation with a dilute povidone-iodine solution in the prevention of surgical site infection...
- Swift T, Seaton C, Rimmer S. Poly(acrylic acid) interpolymer complexes. Soft Matter. 2017;13:8736-8744 pubmed publisher..Considerations of the molecular structures of the complexing moieties suggest that solvation energies and pKas play an important role in complex formation. ..
- Ganguly S, Conradie J, Bendix J, Gagnon K, McCormick L, Ghosh A. Electronic Structure of Cobalt-Corrole-Pyridine Complexes: Noninnocent Five-Coordinate Co(II) Corrole-Radical States. J Phys Chem A. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Our findings add to the growing body of evidence for noninnocent electronic structures among first-row transition metal corrole derivatives...
- Flynn T, Koval J, Greenwald S, Owens S, Kemner K, Antonopoulos D. Parallelized, Aerobic, Single Carbon-Source Enrichments from Different Natural Environments Contain Divergent Microbial Communities. Front Microbiol. 2017;8:2321 pubmed publisher..Overall, the use of highly parallel substrate arrays offers a promising path forward to study the response of microbial communities to perturbations in a changing environment...
- Ohkawa N, Kokura K, Matsu ura T, Obinata T, Konishi Y, Tamura T. Molecular cloning and characterization of neural activity-related RING finger protein (NARF): a new member of the RBCC family is a candidate for the partner of myosin V. J Neurochem. 2001;78:75-87 pubmed..The C-terminal beta-propeller domain of NARF interacts with myosin V, which is one of the most abundant myosin isoforms in neurons...