Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MYL4
Description: myosin, light chain 4, alkali; atrial, embryonic
Alias: ALC1, AMLC, GT1, myosin light chain 1, embryonic muscle/atrial isoform, myosin light chain 4, myosin light chain alkali GT-1 isoform, myosin, atrial/fetal muscle, light chain, myosin, light polypeptide 4, alkali; atrial, embryonic
Publications134 found, 100 shown here
- Characterization of gonadotropin-releasing hormone gene transcripts in a mouse hypothalamic neuronal GT1 cell lineT T Yeo
Fishberg Research Center for Neurobiology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 42:255-62. 1996..RNA transcripts derived from the gonadotropin releasing hormone (GnRH) gene in a mouse hypothalamic neuronal GT1 cell line...
- Altered interaction and expression of proteins involved in neurosecretion in scrapie-infected GT1-1 cellsMalin K Sandberg
Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, Retzius Väg 8 B2 5, Stockholm, S 171 77, Sweden
J Biol Chem 280:1264-71. 2005..and synaptic functions after prion infection, gonadotropin-releasing hormone neuronal cell line subclone (GT1-1) was infected with the RML scrapie strain and analyzed by Western blotting, real time PCR, and ..
- Functional characterization of the human atrial essential myosin light chain (hALC-1) in a transgenic rat modelAhmed Ihab Abdelaziz
Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine MDC, Molecular Muscle Physiology, Robert Rossle Strasse 10, 13125 Berlin, Germany
J Mol Med (Berl) 82:265-74. 2004..2 to 1,364 +/- 137.4 mmHg/s in the relaxation rate in the WKY and the TGR groups respectively. Characterizing the functional effects of hALC-1 at the whole organ level represents a step towards gene therapy of heart failure...
- Minigenes encoding N-terminal domains of human cardiac myosin light chain-1 improve heart function of transgenic ratsHannelore Haase
Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, Berlin, Germany
FASEB J 20:865-73. 2006..The positive inotropic effect of MLC-1 peptides occurred in the absence of a hypertrophic response. Thus, expression of N-terminal domains of MLC-1 represent a valuable tool for the treatment of the failing heart...
- Proteomic analysis of pharmacologically preconditioned cardiomyocytes reveals novel phosphorylation of myosin light chain 1D K Arrell
Department of Physiology, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Circ Res 89:480-7. 2001..This proteomic analysis of preconditioned myocardium has revealed a previously unsuspected in vivo posttranslational modification to MLC1...
- Human atrial myosin light chain 1 expression attenuates heart failureAhmed Ihab Abdelaziz
Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, Robert Rossle Str 10, 13125 Berlin, Germany
Adv Exp Med Biol 565:283-92; discussion 92, 405-15. 2005..These results demonstrate that the expression of hALC-1 could have a beneficial effect on the overloaded hypertrophied heart...
- Transcriptional regulation of P450scc gene expression in neural and steroidogenic cells: implications for regulation of neurosteroidogenesisP Zhang
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, University of California, San Francisco 94143, USA
Mol Endocrinol 9:1571-82. 1995..gene was assessed in mouse adrenocortical Y-1, mouse Leydig MA-10, rat C6 glioma, rat GC somatotrope, and mouse GT1-7 neurosecretory cell lines...
- Transcription factors Oct-1 and C/EBPbeta (CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein-beta) are involved in the glutamate/nitric oxide/cyclic-guanosine 5'-monophosphate-mediated repression of mediated repression of gonadotropin-releasing hormone gene expressionD D Belsham
Department of Reproductive Medicine, The Center for Molecular Genetics, University of Califonia, La Jolla 92093, USA
Mol Endocrinol 14:212-28. 2000..transduction pathway through cGMP-dependent protein kinase in the hypothalamic GnRH-secreting neuronal cell line GT1-7. This repression localized within a previously characterized 300-bp neuron-specific enhancer...
- Modulation of contractility in human cardiac hypertrophy by myosin essential light chain isoformsM C Schaub
Institute of Pharmacology, University of Zurich, Switzerland
Cardiovasc Res 37:381-404. 1998..beta-myosin heavy chains remain unchanged, but the ectopic expression of the atrial myosin essential light chain (ALC1) partially replaces the endogenous ventricular isoform (VLC1)...
- Differences between two real-time PCR-based hepatitis C virus (HCV) assays (RealTime HCV and Cobas AmpliPrep/Cobas TaqMan) and one signal amplification assay (Versant HCV RNA 3.0) for RNA detection and quantificationJohannes Vermehren
Zentrum der Inneren Medizin, Medizinische Klinik 1, Klinikum der JW Goethe Universität, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
J Clin Microbiol 46:3880-91. 2008..Commercially available HCV RNA assays are calibrated to the HCV genotype 1 (gt1)-based WHO standard. Significant differences between assays have been reported...
- A novel mechanism for endocrine-disrupting effects of polychlorinated biphenyls: direct effects on gonadotropin-releasing hormone neuronesA C Gore
Kastor Neurobiology of Aging Laboratories, Fishberg Research Center for Neurobiology, and Brookdale Department of Geriatrics and Adult Development, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Neuroendocrinol 14:814-23. 2002..The effects of two PCB mixtures, Aroclor 1221 and Aroclor 1254, were tested on the hypothalamic GT1-7 cells, which synthesize and secrete the key hypothalamic hormone, gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH)...
- Specific gene targeting in Spiroplasma citri: improved vectors and production of unmarked mutations using site-specific recombinationSybille Duret
UMR 1090 Génomique Développement et Pouvoir Pathogène, INRA, Universite de Bordeaux 2, Centre INRA de Bordeaux, Villenave D Ornon, France
Microbiology 151:2793-803. 2005..In contrast to the wild-type strain GII-3, the crr-disrupted mutant GII3-gt1 used neither glucose nor trehalose, indicating that in S...
- A virus-induced gene silencing screen identifies a role for Thylakoid Formation1 in Pseudomonas syringae pv tomato symptom development in tomato and ArabidopsisTamding Wangdi
Plant Biology Division, Samuel Roberts Noble Foundation, Ardmore, Oklahoma 73401, USA
Plant Physiol 152:281-92. 2010..These were designated as ALC (for altered COR response) genes. When silenced, one of the identified genes, ALC1, produced a hypersensitive/necrosis-like phenotype upon COR application in a Coronatine-Insensitive1 (COI1)-..
- Neuropeptide-induced transactivation of a neuronal epidermal growth factor receptor is mediated by metalloprotease-dependent formation of heparin-binding epidermal growth factorBukhtiar H Shah
Endocrinology and Reproduction Research Branch, NICHD, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4510, USA
J Biol Chem 279:414-20. 2004..In immortalized hypothalamic neurons (GT1-7 cells), agonist binding to the gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor (GnRH-R) causes phosphorylation of MAPKs ..
- Effects of glucose and insulin on glucokinase activity in rat hypothalamusCarmen Sanz
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Medicine, Complutense University, Madrid, Spain
J Endocrinol 193:259-67. 2007..and on the activity of this enzyme in the hypothalamus, we used two kinds of biological models: hypothalamic GT1-7 cells and rat hypothalamic slices...
- Transforming growth factor beta1 may directly influence gonadotropin-releasing hormone gene expression in the rat hypothalamusSebastien Bouret
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unité 422, Lille, France
Endocrinology 145:1794-801. 2004In vitro studies using immortalized GT1 cells suggest that hypothalamic astrocytes employ TGFbeta(1) to directly regulate the secretion of GnRH, the neurohormone that controls sexual maturation and adult reproductive function...
- Potentiation, activation and blockade of GABAA receptors of clonal murine hypothalamic GT1-7 neurones by propofolS Adodra
Department of Anesthesiology, UCLA Medical Center 90024, USA
Br J Pharmacol 115:953-60. 1995..and the intravenous general anaesthetic propofol (2,6-diisopropylphenol) on GABAA receptors of self-replicating GT1-7 hypothalamic neurones were investigated by the patch clamp technique. 2...
- Substrate specificity and inhibitor studies of a membrane-bound ganglioside sialidase isolated from human brain tissueChristian Oehler
Institute of Pathochemistry and Neurochemistry, University of Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 220 221, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Biol Chem 383:1735-42. 2002..The sialidase removed terminal sialic acids from gangliosides GM3, GM4, GD3, GD2, GD1 a, GD1 b, GT1 b and GQ1 b, but was inactive toward gangliosides with sialic acid in a branching position (as in GM1 and GM2)...
- Promoter usage and estrogen regulation of prolactin receptor gene in the brain of the female ratXiujun Pi
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, Kansas University Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160 7401, USA
Neuroendocrinology 77:187-97. 2003..The expression of PRL-R mRNA was up-regulated by estrogen treatment in the rat brain tissue and in the GT1-7 cell culture...
- Characterization of chloride efflux from GT1-7 neurons: lack of effect of ethanol on GABAA responseM A Javors
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio 78284, USA
Brain Res 780:183-9. 1998The purpose of this study of GT1-7 neurons was to partially characterize basal Cl- transport and GABAA mediated Cl- efflux and to test the effect of ethanol on a GABAA receptor that lacks a gamma subunit...
- Physical and linkage mapping of human chromosome 17 loci to dog chromosomes 9 and 5P Werner
Center for Comparative Medical Genetics, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104 6010, USA
Genomics 42:74-82. 1997..centromeric two-thirds of dog chromosome 9 (CFA9), an acrocentric chromosome of medium size: P4HB, GALK1, TK1, GH1, MYL4, BRCA1, RARA, THRA1, MPO, NF1, and CRYBA1. Eight of these were also positioned on a linkage map spanning 38.6 cM...
- Structure-function analysis of the UDP-N-acetyl-D-galactosamine:polypeptide N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase. Essential residues lie in a predicted active site cleft resembling a lactose repressor foldF K Hagen
Center for Oral Biology, Rochester Institute of Biomedical Sciences, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Biol Chem 274:6797-803. 1999..The 112-amino acid glycosyltransferase 1 (GT1) motif represents the first half of the catalytic unit and contains a short aspartate-any residue-histidine (DXH) ..
- A glutamine transport gene, glnQ, is required for fibronectin adherence and virulence of group B streptococciGlen S Tamura
Children s Hospital and Regional Medical Center and the University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98105, USA
Infect Immun 70:2877-85. 2002..GBS adhere to fibronectin when it is attached to a solid phase. We isolated a Tn917 transposon mutant, COH1-GT1, which shows decreased adherence to fibronectin...
- Concentration-dependent effects of muscimol to enhance pulsatile GnRH release from GT1-7 neurons in vitroT S King
Department of Cellular and Structural Biology, The University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX 78284 7762, USA
Brain Res 824:56-62. 1999Immortalized GT1-7 neurons were used to characterize the effect of muscimol, a GABAA receptor agonist, to enhance pulsatile gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) release...
- Structure of the human gene and two rat cDNAs encoding the alpha chain of GTP-binding regulatory protein Go: two different mRNAs are generated by alternative splicingT Tsukamoto
Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 88:2974-8. 1991..Matsuoka, M. & Kaziro, Y. (1988) J. Biol. Chem. 263, 6656-6664] and also transducin G protein alpha subunit Gt1 alpha [Raport, C. J., Dere, B. & Hurley, J. (1989) J. Biol. Chem. 264, 7122-7128]...
- Scavenging of hydrogen peroxide and inhibition of ultraviolet light-induced oxidative DNA damage by aqueous extracts from green and black teasH Wei
Department of Dermatology, Mount Sinai NYU Medical Center, New York, NY 10029, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 26:1427-35. 1999..been extracted by serial chloroform, ethyl acetate and n-butanol, and divided into four subfractions designated as GT1-4 for green tea and BT1-4 for black tea, respectively...
- Cross-talk signals in the CNS: role of neurotrophic and hormonal factors, adhesion molecules and intercellular signaling agents in luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone (LHRH)-astroglial interactive networkB Marchetti
Department of Pharmacology, Medical School, University of Catania, 95125 Catania, Italy
Front Biosci 2:d88-125. 1997..Different experimental paradigms such as co-culture and mixed culture models between the GT1-1 neurons and astroglial cells in primary culture, disclosed the presence of a bi-directional flow of informational ..
- Second messenger regulation of mouse gonadotropin-releasing hormone gene expression in immortalized mouse hypothalamic GT1-3 cellsK L Yu
Dr Arthur M Fishberg Research Center for Neurobiology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029
Mol Cell Endocrinol 102:85-92. 1994Using a transgenic mouse derived GnRH expressing neuronal cell line, GT1-3, we studied the effects of activation of cAMP, Ca2+ and protein kinase C pathways by forskolin, ionomycin and the phorbol ester phorbol 12-myristate 13-acetate (..
- Linkage analysis and comparative mapping of canine progressive rod-cone degeneration (prcd) establishes potential locus homology with retinitis pigmentosa (RP17) in humansG M Acland
James A Baker Institute for Animal Health, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca NY 14853, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:3048-53. 1998..Identification of a linkage group flanking prcd ([TK1, GALK1, prcd]-[MYL4, C09.173, C09.2263]-RARA-C09.250-C09...
- Connexin 26 expression and extensive gap junctional coupling in cultures of GT1-7 cells secreting gonadotropin-releasing hormoneL Hu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Reproductive Endocrinology Center, San Francisco, Calif, USA
Neuroendocrinology 70:221-7. 1999..A previous study using GnRH-secreting GT1-7 cells reported that connexin 26 was the major GJ subunit present, and that about 20% of the cultured cells ..
- Contrasting strategies to cope with chilling stress among clones of a tropical tree, Hevea brasiliensisJing Mai
Clermont Universite, Universite Blaise Pascal, UMR PIAF, BP 10448, F 63000 Clermont Ferrand Cedex, France
Tree Physiol 30:1391-402. 2010Eight Hevea brasiliensis Muell. Arg. clones (GT1, YUNYAN77-4, IRCA707, IRCA317, PB217, PB260, PR107 and RRIM600) were compared for their tolerance towards chilling stress...
- Cetrorelix, a gonadotropin-releasing hormone antagonist, induces the expression of melatonin receptor 1a in the gonadotropin-releasing hormone neuronal cell line GT1-7Hirotaka Ishii
Department of Physiology, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
Neuroendocrinology 90:251-9. 2009..Using immortalized GnRH neurons (GT1-7 cells), the present study investigated the mechanism by which the expression of melatonin receptors is regulated ..
- [An experimental study of the role of myosin light chain in myogenesis in vitro]Suzhen Zhang
School of Life Science, Sichuan University, Chengdu Sichuan, 610041, P R China
Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi 22:753-8. 2008..To investigate the role of myosin light chain (Myl) in myogenesis in vitro...
- Precise cell patterning using cytophobic self-assembled monolayer deposited on top of semi-transparent goldGaoshan Jing
Sherman Fairchild Center, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, USA
Biomed Microdevices 12:935-48. 2010..the patterning of four different kinds of cells using this technique: immortalized mouse hypothalamic neurons (GT1-7), mouse osteoblast cells (MC3T3), mouse fibroblast cells (NIH3T3) and primary rat hippocampal neurons...
- There is no regulatory role for induced nitric oxide in the regulation of the in vitro proliferative response of bovine mononuclear cells to mitogens, alloantigens or superantigensH J Schuberth
Immunology Unit, School of Veterinary Medicine, Hannover, Germany
Immunobiology 198:439-50. 1998..to investigate whether it modulates their proliferative response following allogeneic (mixed leukocyte cultures, aMLC), mitogenic (PWM, Con A) or superantigenic (SEA, SEB) stimulation...
- Identifying candidate genes affecting developmental time in Drosophila melanogaster: pervasive pleiotropy and gene-by-environment interactionJulián Mensch
Departamento de Ecologia, Genetica y Evolucion, Facultad de Ciencias Exactas y Naturales, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Argentina
BMC Dev Biol 8:78. 2008..The present work is one of the first systematic studies of the genetic basis of developmental time, in which we also evaluate the impact of environmental variation on the expression of the trait...
- Roles of Src and epidermal growth factor receptor transactivation in transient and sustained ERK1/2 responses to gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor activationBukhtiar H Shah
Endocrinology and Reproduction Research Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4510, USA
J Biol Chem 278:19118-26. 2003..is relatively sustained in alpha T3-1 pituitary gonadotropes and HEK293 cells but is transient in immortalized GT1-7 neurons...
- Depolarizing shift in the GABA-induced current reversal potential by lidocaine hydrochlorideYoshihisa Nakahata
Department of Developmental Physiology, National Institute for Physiological Sciences, Okazaki, Japan
Brain Res 1345:19-27. 2010..Furthermore, LC-HCl caused a depolarizing shift of E(GABA) in cultured GT1-7 cells expressing KCC2 but failed to change E(GABA) in GT1-7 cells without expression of KCC2...
- Neuroprotective effects of nicergoline in immortalized neuronsM A Sortino
Institute of Pharmacology, University of Catania School of Medicine, Italy
Eur J Pharmacol 368:285-90. 1999We studied the potential neuroprotective action of nicergoline in immortalized hypothalamic GT1-7 cells exposed to agents which deplete levels of reduced glutathione, thus causing oxidative stress and cell death...
- A contactin-receptor-like protein tyrosine phosphatase beta complex mediates adhesive communication between astroglial cells and gonadotrophin-releasing hormone neuronesA S Parent
Division of Neuroscience, Oregon National Primate Research Center, Beaverton, OR 97006, USA
J Neuroendocrinol 19:847-59. 2007..b>GT1-7 immortalised GnRH neurones adhere to the CAH domain of RPTPbeta, and this adhesiveness is blocked when contactin ..
- Regulation of GNRH production by estrogen and bone morphogenetic proteins in GT1-7 hypothalamic cellsHiroyuki Otani
Department of Medicine and Clinical Science, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2 5 1 Shikata cho, Kitaku, Okayama City 700 8558, Japan
J Endocrinol 203:87-97. 2009..We here investigated the effects of BMPs on GNRH production controlled by estrogen using murine GT1-7 hypothalamic neuron cells...
- Inhibitors of the mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase 1/2 signaling pathway clear prion-infected cells from PrPScElin K Nordström
Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, SE 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
J Neurosci 25:8451-6. 2005..factor (BDNF), stimulates the formation of PrPSc in a gonadotropin-releasing hormone-secreting neuronal cell line (GT1-1 cells) infected with the Rocky Mountain Laboratory (RML) strain of scrapie as determined by Western blot analysis...
- [Effects of nitriles and amides on the growth and the nitrile hydratase activity of the Rhodococcus sp. strain gt1]A Iu Maksimov
Institute of Ecology and Genetics of Microorganisms, Ural Division, Russian Academy of Sciences, ul Pushkina 1 57, Perm, 614081 Russia
Prikl Biokhim Mikrobiol 39:63-8. 2003..2.1.84) activity of the Rhodococcus sp. strain gt1 isolated from soil were studied...
- Gastro-oesophageal and bile reflux--simultaneous quantitative assessment with gastric and gallbladder emptying evaluation: clinical applicability of a new computerized gammagraphic methodP M da Costa
Cirurgia I Propedêutica Cirúrgica, Faculdade de Medicina de Lisboa, Portugal
Nucl Med Commun 13:817-23. 1992..001). Patients with oesophagitis have a tendency for slower gastric emptying patterns (gastric emptying T1/2, GT1/2 P < 0.05). The calculated specificity for gallbladder emptying parameters was 77...
- Astrocyte protection of neurons: role of transforming growth factor-beta signaling via a c-Jun-AP-1 protective pathwayKrishnan M Dhandapani
Institute of Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Program in Neurobiology, and Department of Neurology, School of Medicine, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30912, USA
J Biol Chem 278:43329-39. 2003..The results of the study show that soluble factors in astrocyte-conditioned media (ACM) protect murine GT1-7 neurons from serum deprivation-induced cell death and that this neuroprotection is correlated with enhanced ..
- Effect of Bcl-2 overexpression on mitochondrial structure and functionAlicia J Kowaltowski
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Quimica, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, 05508 900, Brazil
J Biol Chem 277:42802-7. 2002..respiration, membrane potential, deltapH, and intramitochondrial [K+] in digitonin-permeabilized PC12 and GT1-7 neural cells that either do not express human Bcl-2 (control transfectants) or that were transfected with and ..
- Genomic cloning of ribonucleases in Nicotiana glutinosa leaves, as induced in response to wounding or to TMV-infection, and characterization of their promotersTakeshi Hayashi
Laboratory of Biochemistry, Department of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Faculty of Agriculture, Graduate School, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 67:2574-83. 2003..cis-regulating elements, such as the elicitor responsiveness element: the W-box, a TMV responsive element: GT1, and the WUN-motif at positions between -401 and -174...
- Expression of three gene families encoding cell-cell communication molecules in the prepubertal nonhuman primate hypothalamusA E Mungenast
Division of Neuroscience, Oregon National Primate Research Center, Oregon Health and Sciences University, Beaverton, OR, USA
J Neuroendocrinol 17:208-19. 2005..Examination of LHRH neurones, using the LHRH-secreting cell line GT1-7, showed that these cells contain transcripts encoding NRXs and one of their ligands (NRL1), at least one ..
- Expression and signal transduction pathways of endothelin receptors in neuroendocrine cellsS S Stojilkovic
Endocrinology and Reproduction Research Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Front Neuroendocrinol 17:327-69. 1996..parathyroid glands, pancreas, ovary, uterus, placenta, and prostate, while only ETA receptors are expressed in GT1 neurons, anterior pituitary cells, alpha T3-1 immortalized gonadotropes, parathyroid-derived cells, thyrocytes, ..
- Determination of ganglioside composition and structure in human brain hemangioma by chip-based nanoelectrospray ionization tandem mass spectrometryCatalin Schiopu
Mass Spectrometry Laboratory, National Institute for Research and Development in Electrochemistry and Condensed Matter, Str Plautius Andronescu Nr 1, 300224, Timisoara, Romania
Anal Bioanal Chem 395:2465-77. 2009..In HFC, only GT1 (d18:1/20:0), and GT3 (d18:1/25:1) polysialylated species were detected...
- Genomic structure and transcriptional regulation of the human growth hormone secretagogue receptorS Petersenn
IHF Institute for Hormone and Fertility Research, University of Hamburg, Germany
Endocrinology 142:2649-59. 2001..was detected in monkey kidney COS-7 cells, human endometrium Skut-1B cells, mouse hypothalamic LHRH neuronal GT1-7 cells, or mouse corticotroph pituitary AtT20 cells...
- Stimulation of luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone (LHRH) gene expression in GT1-7 cells by its metabolite, LHRH-(1-5)T J Wu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland 20814, USA
Endocrinology 146:280-6. 2005..The present study supports the hypothesis that the physiological metabolite of LHRH, LHRH-(1-5), is functionally capable of regulating the reproductive neuroendocrine system...
- Expression of the fusion glycoprotein of Newcastle disease virus in transgenic rice and its immunogenicity in miceZhen Quan Yang
College of Bioscience and Biotechnology and Jiangsu Key Laboratory of Crop Genetics and Physiology, Yangzhou University, 12 East Wenhui Road, Yangzhou, Jiangsu 225009, PR China
Vaccine 25:591-8. 2007..gene of Newcastle disease virus (NDV F) under the control of maize ubiquitin (Ubi) promoter or rice glutelin (Gt1) promoter, respectively, were constructed, and introduced into rice (Oryzy sativa L...
- Exonic splicing enhancer-dependent splicing of the gonadotropin-releasing hormone premessenger ribonucleic acid is mediated by tra2alpha, a 40-kilodalton serine/arginine-rich proteinJae Young Seong
Hormone Research Center, Chonnam National University, Kwangju 500 757, Korea
Mol Endocrinol 16:2426-38. 2002..In the presence of an ESE in exon 4 (ESE4), an addition of GT1 NE further increased the excision rate of intron A, whereas the addition of KK1 (a non-GnRH-producing cell) NE ..
- The promoter of the TLC1.1 retrotransposon from Solanum chilense is activated by multiple stress-related signaling moleculesMarcela Salazar
Instituto de Biologia Vegetal y Biotecnologia, Universidad de Talca, Casilla 747, Talca, Chile
Plant Cell Rep 26:1861-8. 2007..Three putative cis-acting elements MRE, GCN4 and GT1/TCA identified in the P270 promoter may be involved in the PERE box-independent activation pathway...
- Activation of the melanocortin-4 receptor mobilizes intracellular free calcium in immortalized hypothalamic neuronsErika A Newman
Section of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0346, USA
J Surg Res 132:201-7. 2006..To further understand its function, we hypothesized that the melanocortin-4 receptor activates the Galphaq/phospholipase C signaling pathway, resulting in alterations of cytoplasmic calcium in immortalized hypothalamic (GT1-1) neurons.
- Epidemiology and pathogenicity of African bat lyssavirusesW Markotter
Department of Microbiology and Plant Pathology, Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences, University of Pretoria, South Africa
Dev Biol (Basel) 131:317-25. 2008..over the past four years from Epomophorus fruit bats and from incidental terrestrial animals and (4) Rabies virus (gt1) - with two virus biotypes endemic in mongoose and in canid species (mostly domestic dogs, jackals and bat-eared ..
- Leptin infusion and obesity in mouse cause alterations in the hypothalamic melanocortin systemJohann Gout
INSERM U855, Lyon, France
Obesity (Silver Spring) 16:1763-9. 2008..This hypothesis was reinforced after in vitro studies, using the mouse hypothalamic GT1-7 cell line, since both leptin and Norleucine(4), D-Phenylalanine(7)-alpha-MSH (NDP-alpha-MSH) treatments increased ..
- Globular adiponectin regulates energy homeostasis through AMP-activated protein kinase-acetyl-CoA carboxylase (AMPK/ACC) pathway in the hypothalamusJun Ping Wen
Department of Endocrinology, Fujian Provincial Hospital, Fujian Medical University, Fuzhou, China
Mol Cell Biochem 344:109-15. 2010..We investigated the possible mechanisms involved in appetite regulation by adiponectin in vitro with GT1-7 cells, a mouse immortalized hypothalamic neuron...
- Intact lipid rafts regulate HIV-1 Tat protein-induced activation of the Rho signaling and upregulation of P-glycoprotein in brain endothelial cellsYu Zhong
Department of Neurosurgery, Molecular Neuroscience and Vascular Biology Laboratory, University of Kentucky Medical Center, Lexington, Kentucky 40536, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 30:522-33. 2010..The present data indicate the critical function of intact lipid rafts and the Rho signaling in HIV-1-mediated upregulation of P-gp and potential development of drug resistance in brain endothelial cells...
- Estrogen-astrocyte-luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone signaling: a role for transforming growth factor-beta(1)C D Buchanan
Department of Physiology and Endocrinology, School of Medicine, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30912 3000, USA
Biol Reprod 62:1710-21. 2000..Exposure of LHRH-secreting (GT1-7) cells to conditioned media (CM) from C6 glial cells and hypothalamic astrocytes (HA) stimulated LHRH release...
- Metabolic capacity and myosin expression in single muscle fibres of the garter snakeR S Wilkinson
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110
J Physiol 440:113-29. 1991..5. Based on whole-muscle analysis, two myosin alkali light chains, denoted ALC1 and ALC2, and one myosin regulatory light chain were present...
- Spectral characterization of the voltage-sensitive dye di-4-ANEPPDHQ applied to probing live primary and immortalized neuronsYu Wang
Center for Optical Technologies, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA 18015, USA
Opt Express 17:984-90. 2009..and bound to the plasma membrane of primary rat hippocampal neurons and immortalized mouse hypothalamic neurons (GT1-7) in vitro. Their dependence on the local chemical and electrical environment of dye molecules was determined...
- Lagos bat virus virulence in mice inoculated by the peripheral routeW Markotter
Department of Microbiology and Plant Pathology, University of Pretoria, South Africa
Epidemiol Infect 137:1155-62. 2009Lagos bat virus (LBV) constitutes genotype (gt) 2 in the Lyssavirus genus. In contrast to the gt1 lyssavirus, rabies virus (RABV), LBV was reported to have markedly reduced levels of peripheral pathogenicity...
- A rapid accurate culture assay for infectivity in Transmissible EncephalopathiesYing Liu
Section of Neuropathology, Yale Medical School, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
J Neurovirol 14:352-61. 2008..Because we found GT1 hypothalamic cells, unlike neuroblastoma N2a clones, were highly susceptible to a variety of TSE agents, and could ..
- Neurogenetic networks for startle-induced locomotion in Drosophila melanogasterAkihiko Yamamoto
Department of Zoology, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27695, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:12393-8. 2008..In a screen of 720 lines of D. melanogaster, carrying single P[GT1] transposon insertions, we found 267 lines that showed significant changes in startle-induced locomotor behavior...
- Human chromosome 17 comparative anchor loci are conserved on bovine chromosome 19Y P Yang
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, Texas A and M University, College Station 77843, USA
Genomics 27:293-7. 1995Eight comparative anchor loci on human chromosome 17, TP53, CHRNB1, THRA1, CRYB1, NF1, MPO, MYL4, and P4HB, were mapped to bovine chromosome 19 using bovine x hamster and bovine x mouse hybrid somatic cell lines...
- Beta 1-adrenergic and dopamine (D1)-receptors coupled to adenylyl cyclase activation in GT1 gonadotropin-releasing hormone neurosecretory cellsP R Findell
Institute of Immunology and Biological Sciences, Syntex Research, Palo Alto, California 94304
Endocrinology 132:682-8. 1993..dopamine (DA) receptor radioligand (+)-[125I]SCH 23982 were identified on immortalized hypothalamic GnRH neurons (GT1-7 cell lines)...
- Antiprion properties of prion protein-derived cell-penetrating peptidesKajsa Löfgren
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, The Arrhenius Laboratories, Stockholm University, SE 106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
FASEB J 22:2177-84. 2008..Healthy (GT1-1) and scrapie-infected (ScGT1-1) mouse neuronal hypothalamic cells were treated with various CPPs, including the ..
- Pharmacological analysis of human D1 AND D2 dopamine receptor missense variantsMunya A Al-Fulaij
Sackler School of Graduate Biomedical Sciences, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Mol Neurosci 34:211-23. 2008..After expression in either HEK293 or neuronal GT1 cells, basal and ligand-induced signaling of each of these receptors was determined and compared to wild type...
- Gene expression profile of quinacrine-cured prion-infected mouse neuronal cellsCarlo Fasano
Unité de Trafic Membranaire et Pathogénèse, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
J Neurochem 105:239-50. 2008..to avoid the complexities of shifting gene expression in a heterogeneous cell population, we used a single clone of GT1 cells that was de novo infected with mouse prion-infected brain homogenate and then treated with quinacrine to ..
- Hyperglycaemic hyperosmolar nonketotic state as a cause of low gonadotrophin levels in postmenopausal diabetic women: a role for severe hypernatraemiaJ Lado-Abeal
Unidade de Enfermedades Tiroideas e Metabolicas, Departamento de Medicina, Complejo Hospitalario Universitario de Santiago de Compostela, Universidad de Santiago de Compostela, Spain
J Neuroendocrinol 19:983-7. 2007..hyperglycaemia, hypernatraemia or both inhibit in vitro gonadotrophin-releasing hormone (GnRH) expression in GT1-7 neurones...
- Retinoic acid- and phorbol ester-induced neuronal differentiation down-regulates caveolin expression in GnRH neuronsCristina D'Orlando
Department of Experimental Medicine, University of Milano Bicocca, Monza, Italy
J Neurochem 104:1577-87. 2008GN11 and GT1-7 are immortalized gonadotropin-releasing hormone-positive murine cell lines exhibiting the features of immature olfactory neurons and differentiated hypothalamic neurons, respectively...
- Gastric GATA-6 DNA-binding protein: proteolysis induced by cAMPR Nakagawa
Laboratory of Biochemistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Osaka University, Suita, Japan
FEBS Lett 408:301-5. 1997The rat gastric GATA DNA-binding protein, GATA-6 (GATA-GT1), was stably expressed in CHO-K1 cells. The GATA-6 protein was localized in the nucleus but not in the cytoplasm...
- Estrogen regulates KiSS1 gene expression through estrogen receptor alpha and SP protein complexesDali Li
Institute of Biosciences and Technology, Texas A and M Health Science Center, 2121 West Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Endocrinology 148:4821-8. 2007..gene was up-regulated with the administration of E(2) in estrogen receptor alpha (ERalpha)-positive hypothalamic GT1-7 cells...
- Structural organization and characterization of the promoter region of the rat gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor geneJ Reinhart
Endocrinology and Reproduction Research Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Mol Cell Endocrinol 130:1-12. 1997..gene and transiently expressed in immortalized pituitary gonadotrophs (alphaT3-1 cells) and hypothalamic neurons (GT1-7 cells), and in nonpituitary (COS-7) cells...
- Cell death mechanisms in GT1-7 GnRH cells exposed to polychlorinated biphenyls PCB74, PCB118, and PCB153Sarah M Dickerson
Division of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 237:237-45. 2009..We used an immortalized hypothalamic GT1-7 cell line, which synthesizes the neuroendocrine peptide gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH), to examine the ..
- Underlying mechanism of actions of tefluthrin, a pyrethroid insecticide, on voltage-gated ion currents and on action currents in pituitary tumor (GH3) cells and GnRH-secreting (GT1-7) neuronsSheng Nan Wu
Department of Physiology, National Cheng Kung University Medical College, Tainan, Taiwan
Toxicology 258:70-7. 2009..Its effects on membrane ion currents in pituitary tumor (GH3) cells and in hypothalamic (GT1-7) neurons were investigated...
- Mutational analysis of the necdin gene in patients with congenital isolated hypogonadotropic hypogonadismDaiane Beneduzzi
Unidade de Endocrinologia do Desenvolvimento, Laboratório de Hormônios e Genética Molecular LIM42, Hospital das Clinicas da Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de Sao Paulo, Avenida Doutor Eneas de Carvalho Aguiar 155, 2 andar, Bloco 6, CEP 05403 900 São Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Eur J Endocrinol 165:145-50. 2011..In humans, necdin plays a potential role in the hypogonadotropic hypogonadism phenotype in patients with Prader-Willi syndrome...
- Dynamic chromatin modifications control GnRH gene expression during neuronal differentiation and protein kinase C signal transductionAnita K Iyer
Department of Reproductive Medicine, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, California 92093 0674, USA
Mol Endocrinol 25:460-73. 2011..Only in GT1-7 mature GnRH neuronal cells did GnRH regulatory elements display high sensitivity to DNase and enrichment of ..
- Regulation of ghrelin signaling by a leptin-induced gene, negative regulatory element-binding protein, in the hypothalamic neuronsTadasuke Komori
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Wakayama Medical University, 811 1 Kimiidera, Wakayama 641 8509, Japan
J Biol Chem 285:37884-94. 2010..reporter assays showed that NREBP repressed GHS-R promoter activity in a hypothalamic neuronal cell line, GT1-7, and its repressive activity was abolished by the replacement of negative regulatory element in GHS-R promoter...
- The human embryonic myosin alkali light chain gene: use of alternative promoters and 3' non-coding regionsM Rotter
Institut fur Genetik, Koln, FRG
Nucleic Acids Res 19:1497-504. 1991..These results explain the known heterogeneity of MLC1emb mRNAs. Finally, we present evidence that the murine MLC1emb gene also contains a functional distal promoter element which has hitherto been undetected...
- Differential fibroblast growth factor 8 (FGF8)-mediated autoregulation of its cognate receptors, Fgfr1 and Fgfr3, in neuronal cell linesNatasha N Mott
Department of Cell and Molecular Physiology, Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood, Illinois, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e10143. 2010..HT-22 cells), and neuroendocrine cells derived from hypothalamic gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) neurons (GT1-7 cells)...
- A role for chloroplast-localized Thylakoid Formation 1 (THF1) in bacterial speck disease developmentTamding Wangdi
Plant Biology Division, The Samuel Roberts Noble Foundation, Ardmore, OK, USA
Plant Signal Behav 5:425-7. 2010..We designated these genes as altered COR response (ALC). When silenced, one gene designated ALC1 produced a hypersensitive/necrosis-like phenotype after COR application in a coronatine insensitive 1 (COI1)-..
- Mouse neuronal cells expressing exogenous bovine PRNP and simultaneous downregulation of endogenous mouse PRNP using siRNAsSang Gyun Kang
Department of Infectious Diseases, College of Veterinary Medicine, KRF Zoonotic Disease Priority Research Institute and BK21 Program for Veterinary Science, Seoul National University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Prion 4:32-7. 2010..To establish a BSE-specific in vitro cell culture model, N2a and GT1 mouse neuronal cell lines were generated to express the bovine prion protein by transfection of the bovine prion ..
- The glycosylphosphatidylinositol anchor is a major determinant of prion binding and replicationClive Bate
Department of Pathology and Infectious Diseases, Royal Veterinary College, Hawkshead Lane, North Mymms, Herts AL9 7TA, UK
Biochem J 428:95-101. 2010..In the present manuscript we report that soluble PrPSc bound to and replicated within both GT1 neuronal cells and primary cortical neurons...
- On diamond surface properties and interactions with neuronsP Ariano
Nanostructured Surface and Interface Excellence Centre NIS, University of Torino, Torino, Italy
Eur Phys J E Soft Matter 30:149-56. 2009..Different surface terminations were induced through exposure to atomic hydrogen and to intense UV irradiation. GT1-7 cells, a neuronal line of hypothalamic origin, were plated directly onto the diamond surfaces without exogenous ..
- Cloning by recognition site screening of two novel GT box binding proteins: a family of Sp1 related genesG Hagen
Institut fur Molekularbiologie und Tumorforschung, Philipps Universitat Marburg, Germany
Nucleic Acids Res 20:5519-25. 1992Previous analyses of the uteroglobin gene promoter revealed a GT1 box which is also found in the SV40 enhancer...
- Pertussis toxin-sensitive signaling of melanocortin-4 receptors in hypothalamic GT1-7 cells defines agouti-related protein as a biased agonistThomas R H Büch
Walther Straub Institut für Pharmakologie und Toxikologie, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, 80336 Munchen
J Biol Chem 284:26411-20. 2009..Analyzing a hypothalamic cell line (GT1-7 cells), we observed activation of pertussis toxin-sensitive G proteins by the wild-type MC4R as well, reflecting ..
- Suprachiasmatic nucleus neurons display endogenous resistance to excitotoxicityKathleen Bottum
Department of Medicine, Division of Internal Medicine and Psychiatry, Southern Illinois School of Medicine, Springfield, IL 62794 9636, USA
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 235:237-46. 2010..2 than in the control hypothalamic neurons (GT1-7)...
- Enterostatin alters protein trafficking to inhibit insulin secretion in Beta-TC6 cellsMiejung Park
Center for Advanced Nutrition, Utah State University, 4715 Old Main Hill, Logan, UT 84322 4715, USA
Peptides 30:1866-73. 2009..of the genomic response of both a human hepatoma cell line (HepG2 cells) and a mouse hypothalamic cell line (GT1-7 cells) to enterostatin suggested that it might regulate protein trafficking...
- Intracellular oxidative stress and cytotoxicity in rat primary cortical neurons exposed to cholesterol secoaldehydeAchuthan C Raghavamenon
Department of Environmental Toxicology, Southern University and A and M College, Baton Rouge, LA 70813, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 386:170-4. 2009..ChSeco or 3beta-hydroxy-5-oxo-5,6-secocholestan-6-al) has been shown to induce Abeta aggregation and apoptosis in GT1-7 hypothalamic neurons...
- Oral immunization with transgenic rice seeds expressing VP2 protein of infectious bursal disease virus induces protective immune responses in chickensJianxiang Wu
State Key Laboratory of Rice Biology, Institute of Biotechnology, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 31009, China
Plant Biotechnol J 5:570-8. 2007..The VP2 cDNA of IBDV strain ZJ2000 was cloned downstream of the Gt1 promoter of the rice glutelin GluA-2 gene in the binary expression vector, pCambia1301-Gt1...
- A role for hypothalamic astrocytes in dehydroepiandrosterone and estradiol regulation of gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) release by GnRH neuronsIsmail H Zwain
Department of Reproductive Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA, USA
Neuroendocrinology 75:375-83. 2002..Utilizing GT1-7 cells, a GnRH-secreting cell line, the present study demonstrates that astrocytes mediate dehydroepiandrosterone (..
- Synchronized neuronal networks: the GnRH systemJ W Witkin
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
Microsc Res Tech 44:11-8. 1999..and anatomical evidence for gap junctional modifications among an immortalized GnRH-secreting cell line (GT1) has been reported...
- Expression of a leptin receptor in immortalized gonadotropin-releasing hormone-secreting neuronsP Magni
Institute of Endocrinology, University of Milan, Italy
Endocrinology 140:1581-5. 1999..neurons in a direct way has been addressed in the present study, by using the immortalized GnRH-secreting cell line GT1-7...
- Estrogen directly respresses gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) gene expression in estrogen receptor-alpha (ERalpha)- and ERbeta-expressing GT1-7 GnRH neuronsD Roy
Institute for Medical Sciences, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Endocrinology 140:5045-53. 1999..of GnRH messenger RNA (mRNA) levels using the well characterized, GnRH-secreting, hypothalamic cell line, GT1-7. Using RT-PCR, we first investigated estrogen receptor transcript expression in GT1-7 neurons...
- erbB-1 and erbB-4 receptors act in concert to facilitate female sexual development and mature reproductive functionVincent Prevot
Division of Neuroscience, Oregon National Primate Research Center Oregon Health and Sciences Unversity, 505 Northwest 185th Avenue, Beaverton, Oregon 97006, USA
Endocrinology 146:1465-72. 2005..conditioned by Wa-2+/+ or double-mutant astrocytes treated with TGF alpha failed to stimulate LHRH release from GT1-7 cells...
- Activin A regulation of gonadotropin-releasing hormone synthesis and release in vitroL A MacConell
Department of Reproductive Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, Calif, USA
Neuroendocrinology 70:246-54. 1999..Using the GnRH-secreting GT1-7 neuronal cell line as a model system, we demonstrate expression of mRNAs encoding activin receptor types I, IB, ..
- Protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B negatively regulates leptin signaling in a hypothalamic cell lineWiweka Kaszubska
Metabolic Disease Research, Global Pharmaceutical Products Division, Department 47R, Bldg AP10, 100 Abbott Park Road, Abott Park, IL 60064 6099, USA
Mol Cell Endocrinol 195:109-18. 2002..A mouse hypothalamic cell line, GT1-7, was established as a suitable cell model for the study of leptin signaling...
- Autocrine regulation of calcium influx and gonadotropin-releasing hormone secretion in hypothalamic neuronsF Van Goor
Endocrinology and Reproduction Research Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 4510, USA
Biochem Cell Biol 78:359-70. 2000..hypothalamic tissues from adult rats, cultured fetal hypothalamic cells, and immortalized GnRH-secreting neurons (GT1 cells)...
- NEUROSECRETORY GENE EXPRESSION IN THE HYPOTHALAMUSPAMELA MELLON; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will utilize two major model systems: our immortalized GnRH-secreting hypothalamic cells (GT1) and genetically manipulated mice...
- NEUROSECRETORY GENE EXPRESSION IN THE HYPOTHALAMUSPamela L Mellon; Fiscal Year: 2011..We will utilize two major model systems: our immortalized GnRH-secreting hypothalamic cells (GT1) and genetically manipu- lated mice...
- NEUROSECRETORY GENE EXPRESSION IN THE HYPOTHALAMUSPAMELA MELLON; Fiscal Year: 1993..We plan a systematic analysis of the responses to known modulatory agents in the GnRH neuronal cen line, GT1. Our second goal is to unravel the genetic control mechanisms which specify GnRH expression to an exclusive ..
- Circadian Regulation of Gonadotropin-Releasing HormonePatrick E Chappell; Fiscal Year: 2010..Studies in the previous funding period, using GnRH-secreting GT1-7 cell lines and transgenic mouse models, demonstrated that perturbations in GnRH-specific clocks can modulate ..
- B-Synuclein as a Treatment for Lewy Body DiseaseEliezer Masliah; Fiscal Year: 2005..To test this hypothesis, alpha-synuclein- overexpressing GT1-7 and B103 neuronal cells will be co- transfected with beta-synuclein GT1-7 cells will be evaluated for cell ..
- MOLECULAR MECHANISM OF PHOTORECEPTOR G PROTEIN SIGNALINGNikolai O Artemyev; Fiscal Year: 2010..The properties and regulation of rod transducin Gt1 during phototransduction are understood to a far greater extent than those of cone transducin Gt2...
- CELLULAR PROTEIN MATURATION AND DEGRADATIONDaniel Hebert; Fiscal Year: 2009..The UDP-glucose: glycoprotein glucosyltransferase (GT1) is currently the only known protein that can modify the glycan structure dependent upon the properties of the ..
- Functional Characterization of Leishmania TransportersScott M Landfear; Fiscal Year: 2010..The second aim will investigate the specific functions of the 3 glucose transporter isoforms GT1, GT2, and GT3...
- CELLULAR PROTEIN MATURATION AND DEGRADATIONDaniel N Hebert; Fiscal Year: 2010..The UDP-glucose: glycoprotein glucosyltransferase (GT1) is currently the only known protein that can modify the glycan structure dependent upon the properties of the ..
- Functional Characterization of Leishmania TransportersScott Landfear; Fiscal Year: 2007..The second aim will investigate the specific functions of the 3 glucose transporter isoforms GT1, GT2, and GT3...
- BIOCHEMISTRY OF EUKARYOTIC MESSENGER RNA SYNTHESISRONALD C contact CONAWAY; Fiscal Year: 2010..ATP-dependent chromatin remodelers referred to as the human INO80 complex and the SNF2 family member and oncogene ALC1 (Activated in Liver Cancer 1)...
- NEUROSECRETORY GENE EXPRESSION IN THE HYPOTHALAMUSPAMELA MELLON; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will utilize two model systems: our immortalized GnRH-secreting hypothalamic cell line (GT1) and genetically manipulated mice...
- ONTOGENY AND EXPRESSION OF THE CFTR IN BRAINANDREW MULBERG; Fiscal Year: 2003..Control mechanisms of neurosecretion will be examined in the fetal brain, and GT1-7, a GnRH-expressing hypothalamic neuronal cell line...
- Multiple circadian oscillators: Regulation of a neuroendocrine rhythmMARILYN DUNCAN; Fiscal Year: 2009..Furthermore, immortalized GnRH neurons, GT1-7 cells, exhibit circadian rhythms of clock gene expression in vitro...
- Multiple circadian oscillators: Regulation of a neuroendocrine rhythmMARILYN J contact DUNCAN; Fiscal Year: 2011..Furthermore, immortalized GnRH neurons, GT1-7 cells, exhibit circadian rhythms of clock gene expression in vitro...
- Multiple circadian oscillators: Regulation of a neuroendocrine rhythmSandra J Legan; Fiscal Year: 2010..Furthermore, immortalized GnRH neurons, GT1-7 cells, exhibit circadian rhythms of clock gene expression in vitro...
- DEVELOPMENTAL CONTROL OF GNRH EXPRESSION BY POU PROTEINSMargaret Wierman; Fiscal Year: 2002..The POU-domain family members, SCIP and Brn-4 were cloned from GT1-7 neuronal cells...
- A Molecular Dynamics Approach to GnRH PulsatilityFREDRIC BOOCKFOR; Fiscal Year: 2006..Recent development of GT1 clonal neuronal cultures that release GnRH in a pulsatile manner provided an excellent model system to study this ..
- NOVEL FACTORS THAT REGULATE GNRH NEURONAL DEVELOPMENTMargaret Wierman; Fiscal Year: 2002..ability to study the regulation of GnRH synthesis was advanced with the development of GnRH producing cell lines: GT1-7 cells derived from postmigratory GnRH neurons in the forebrain that make abundant GnRH, and Gn10 cells derived ..
- Circadian Regulation of Gonadotropin-Releasing HormonePATRICK CHAPPELL; Fiscal Year: 2005..in this laboratory demonstrates that not only are all molecular clock components expressed in the GnRH-secreting GT1-7 cell line, but that transcripts oscillate in these cultured cells with a circadian period...
- Circadian Regulation of Gonadotropin-Releasing HormonePATRICK CHAPPELL; Fiscal Year: 2007..in this laboratory demonstrates that not only are all molecular clock components expressed in the GnRH-secreting GT1-7 cell line, but that transcripts oscillate in these cultured cells with a circadian period...
- Circadian Clock Regulation of Pulsatile GnRH SecretionPATRICK CHAPPELL; Fiscal Year: 2005..that not only are all molecular clock components, such as mPer1, mPer2, and clock present in the GnRH-secreting GT1-7 cell line, but that transcripts of mPer1 and mPer2 oscillate in these cultured cells with a circadian period...
- APOPROTEIN E AND NEURITE OUTGROWTHGODFREY GETZ; Fiscal Year: 2001..The goal of this proposal is to examine the influence of apoE4 on neurite outgrowth using GT1-1 trk-9 cells exposed to exogenous apoE or stably expressing apoE in the cells...