Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MYL2
Description: myosin, light chain 2, regulatory, cardiac, slow
Alias: CMH10, MLC2, MLC-2, MLC-2v, RLC of myosin, cardiac ventricular myosin light chain 2, myosin light chain 2, myosin regulatory light chain 2, ventricular/cardiac muscle isoform, myosin, light polypeptide 2, regulatory, cardiac, slow, regulatory light chain of myosin, slow cardiac myosin regulatory light chain 2
Publications133 found, 100 shown here
- Localization of the gene coding for ventricular myosin regulatory light chain (MYL2) to human chromosome 12q23-q24.3M J Macera
Division of Genetics, Long Island College Hospital, Brooklyn, New York 11201
Genomics 13:829-31. 1992Human myosin light chain-2 (MYL2) is an important protein involved in the regulation of myosin ATPase activity in smooth muscle...
- Rho-kinase contributes to diphosphorylation of myosin II regulatory light chain in nonmuscle cellsKozue Ueda
Department of Biological Science, Graduate School of Science, Hiroshima University, Higashi Hiroshima, 739 8526, Japan
Oncogene 21:5852-60. 2002..Taken together, it is suggested that Rho-kinase contributes to MRLC diphosphorylation and reorganization of actin filaments in nonmuscle cells...
- Phosphorylation of a novel myosin binding subunit of protein phosphatase 1 reveals a conserved mechanism in the regulation of actin cytoskeletonI Tan
Glaxo IMCB Group, Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, 30 Medical Dr, Singapore 117609, Singapore and Institute of Neurology, University College London, London WC1N 1PJ, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 276:21209-16. 2001....
- Endosomes generate localized Rho-ROCK-MLC2-based contractile signals via Endo180 to promote adhesion disassemblyJustin Sturge
Breakthrough Breast Cancer Research Centre, The Institute of Cancer Research, London SW3 6JB, England, UK
J Cell Biol 175:337-47. 2006..Pivotal in this process is phosphorylation of myosin light chain-2 (MLC2) by Rho kinase (ROCK) downstream of Rho activation, which generates the contractile force necessary to drive ..
- Nerve influence on myosin light chain phosphorylation in slow and fast skeletal musclesCyril Bozzo
Department of Anatomy and Physiology, University of Padova, Italy
FEBS J 272:5771-85. 2005..of myosin, we analysed the phosphorylation of alkali myosin light chains (MLC1) and regulatory myosin light chains (MLC2) in rat slow (soleus) and fast (extensor digitorum longus EDL) muscles using 2D-gel electrophoresis and mass ..
- Two distinct factor-binding DNA elements in cardiac myosin light chain 2 gene are essential for repression of its expression in skeletal muscle. Isolation of a cDNA clone for repressor protein NishedM Dhar
Center for Cardiovascular and Muscle Research, Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, State University of New York, Brooklyn, New York 11203, USA
J Biol Chem 272:18490-7. 1997The expression of the cardiac myosin light chain 2 (MLC2) gene is repressed in skeletal muscle as a result of the negative regulation of its transcription...
- Identification of myosin light chains in Rana pipiens skeletal muscle and their expression patterns along single fibresG J Lutz
Department of Orthopaedics, University of California San Diego School of Medicine, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 3350 La Jolla Village Drive, San Diego, CA 92161, USA
J Exp Biol 204:4237-48. 2001..A total of seven MLCs were identified, including four types of MLC1, two of MLC2 and a single MLC3...
- The expression of the regulatory myosin light chain 2 gene during mouse embryogenesisA Faerman
Institute of Animal Science, ARO, Volcani Center, Bet Dagan, Israel
Development 118:919-29. 1993The fast skeletal muscle myosin light chain 2 (MLC2) gene is expressed specifically in skeletal muscles of newborn and adult mice, and has no detectable sequence homology with any of the other MLC genes including the slow cardiac MLC2 ..
- Clinical features and outcome of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy associated with triple sarcomere protein gene mutationsFrancesca Girolami
Unit for Genetic Diagnosis, Careggi University Hospital, Florence, Italy
J Am Coll Cardiol 55:1444-53. 2010..The aim of this study was to describe the clinical profile associated with triple sarcomere gene mutations in a large hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM) cohort...
- Molecular cloning and sequence of Sparus aurata skeletal myosin light chains expressed in white muscle: developmental expression and thyroid regulationK A Moutou
Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, University of Thessaly, 26 Ploutonos Street, 41221 Larissa, Greece
J Exp Biol 204:3009-18. 2001Two full-length cDNA clones encoding the skeletal myosin light chain 2 (MLC2; 1452bp) and myosin light chain 3 (MLC3; 972bp) were isolated from a cDNA library prepared from gilthead sea bream Sparus aurata larvae...
- Cloning of rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) alpha-actin, myosin regulatory light chain genes and the 5'-flanking region of alpha-tropomyosin. Functional assessment of promotersAleksei Krasnov
Institute of Applied Biotechnology, University of Kuopio, POB 1627, FIN Kuopio 70211, Finland
J Exp Biol 206:601-8. 2003..The coding part of OnmyMLC2 consisted of seven exons whose length was typical for vertebrate MLC2 genes...
- [An experimental study of the role of myosin light chain in myogenesis in vitro]Suzhen Zhang
School of Life Science, Sichuan University, Chengdu Sichuan, 610041, P R China
Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi 22:753-8. 2008..To investigate the role of myosin light chain (Myl) in myogenesis in vitro...
- Single molecule kinetics in the familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy D166V mutant mouse heartPriya Muthu
Department of Molecular Biology and Immunology and Center for Commercialization of Fluorescence Technologies, University of North Texas, Health Science Center, 3500 Camp Bowie Blvd, Fort Worth, TX 76107, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 48:989-98. 2010..FHC) is the D166V point mutation in the ventricular myosin regulatory light chain (RLC) encoded by the MYL2 gene...
- Frequency-dependent myofilament Ca2+ desensitization in failing rat myocardiumRegis R Lamberts
Department of Anesthesiology, Institute for Cardiovascular Research ICaR VU, VU University Medical Center VUmc, 1081 BT Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Physiol 582:695-709. 2007..Troponin I (TnI) and myosin light chain 2 (MLC2) phosphorylation remained constant in control hearts but both increased with frequency in failing ..
- A proteomic assessment of muscle contractile alterations during unloading and reloadingYounguk Seo
Department of Life Science, College of Liberal Arts and Science, Yonsei University, Wonju 220 710, Republic of Korea
J Biochem 139:71-80. 2006..2- to 9.0-fold increases in the protein levels of fast-type MLC2, glycolytic enzymes, and creatine kinase, and 0.2- to 0.3-fold decreases in slow-type troponins T1 and T2...
- Extraction and reconstitution of calponin and consequent contractile ability in permeabilized smooth muscle fibersPawel T Szymanski
Physiology Program, Department of Environmental Health, Harvard School of Public Health, 665 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Anal Biochem 321:8-21. 2003....
- Thrombin-induced endothelial barrier disruption in intact microvessels: role of RhoA/Rho kinase-myosin phosphatase axisG P van Nieuw Amerongen
Laboratory for Physiology, Institute for Cardiovascular Research, Vrije Universiteit University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 294:C1234-41. 2008Endothelial hyperpermeability is regulated by a myosin light chain-2 (MLC2) phosphorylation-dependent contractile mechanism...
- Key role of myosin light chain (MLC) kinase-mediated MLC2a phosphorylation in the alpha 1-adrenergic positive inotropic effect in human atriumMichael Grimm
Institute of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology, University Hospital Eppendorf, Martinistrasse 52, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Cardiovasc Res 65:211-20. 2005..but recent evidence in rat papillary muscle suggests an important role of regulatory myosin light chain (MLC2) phosphorylation...
- The calcineurin-NFAT pathway and muscle fiber-type gene expressionS J Swoap
Department of Biology, Williams College, Williamstown, Massachusetts 01267, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 279:C915-24. 2000..Slow myosin light chain 2 (MLC2) and fast sarco(endo)plasmic reticulum Ca(2+)-ATPase (SERCA1) reporter genes injected into rat soleus ..
- Myosin regulatory light chain expression in trout muscleMegan E Donato
Department of Biology, Widener University, Chester, Pennsylvania 19013, USA
J Exp Zool A Ecol Genet Physiol 309:64-72. 2008..This study explores the role of the regulatory myosin light chain (MLC2) in modulating contractile properties in rainbow trout myotomal muscle...
- Protein kinase C mediates phosphorylation of the regulatory light chain of myosin-II during mitosisO Varlamova
Department of Biochemistry, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
J Muscle Res Cell Motil 22:243-50. 2001..Apparent steady-state kinetic studies indicate that several PKC isoforms display high specificity for myosin-II. These results suggest that current models describing Ser-1/2 phosphorylation during mitosis need to be re-evaluated...
- Mapping of two genetic loci, Ten-1 and Ten-2, associated with thymus enlargement in BUF/Mna ratsY Murakumo
Department of Pathology, Nagoya University School of Medicine, 65 Tsurumai Cho, Showa Ku, Nagoya 466, Japan
Mamm Genome 7:505-8. 1996..Ten-1 was located between myosin light chain, muscle 2 (MYL2) and D1Mgh11 loci on Chr 1, and Ten-2 was located between synaptotagmin II (SYT2) and D13N2 loci on Chr 13.
- Alterations in contractile properties and expression of myofibrillar proteins in wobbler mouse musclesT Toursel
Laboratoire de Plasticite Neuromusculaire, Universite des Sciences et Technologies de Lille, Bat SN4, Villeneuve d Ascq Cedex, F 59655, France
Exp Neurol 162:311-20. 2000..revealed, for the SCM muscles, the appearance of the slow isoforms at 5 weeks and an increase in the regulatory MLC2 content at 7 weeks...
- The Charles River "hairless" rat mutation maps to chromosome 1: allelic with fuzzy and a likely orthologue of mouse frizzyK Ahearn
Department of Biological Sciences, Central Connecticut State University, 1615 Stanley Street, New Britain, CT 06050, USA
J Hered 93:210-3. 2002..Analysis of this panel has located the CR hairless rat's hypotrichosis-generating mutation on chromosome 1, near Myl2, where only the fuzzy mutation in rat (fz) and the frizzy mutation in mouse (fr) have been previously localized...
- Switching to fast growth: the insulin-like growth factor (IGF) system in skeletal muscle of Atlantic salmonNeil I Bower
Gatty Marine Laboratory, School of Biology, University of St Andrews, St Andrews, Fife KY16 8LB, UK
J Exp Biol 211:3859-70. 2008..Expression of the myogenic marker genes myogenin, MHC and MLC2 were higher with feed restriction, and decreased as an early response to feeding, before increasing to a peak at 14 ..
- The slow force response to stretch in atrial and ventricular myocardium from human heart: functional relevance and subcellular mechanismsJens Kockskamper
Department of Cardiology, Medical University of Graz, Auenbruggerplatz 15, Graz, Austria
Prog Biophys Mol Biol 97:250-67. 2008..Furthermore, stretch increased phosphorylation of atrial myosin light chain 2 (MLC2) and inhibition of myosin light chain kinase (MLCK) attenuated the SFR in atrium and ventricle...
- A plasmid collection for PCR-based gene targeting in the filamentous ascomycete Ashbya gossypiiAndreas Kaufmann
Biozentrum der Universitat Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Fungal Genet Biol 46:595-603. 2009..by monitoring their brightness, detectability, and photostability when fused to the myosin light-chain protein Mlc2. Furthermore, the thiamine-repressible S...
- Remodeling the mammalian heart using transgenesisJ Palermo
Division of Molecular Cardiovascular Biology, Children s Hospital Research Foundation, Cincinnati, OH 45267, USA
Cell Mol Biol Res 41:501-9. 1995..we attempted to remodel the mouse myocardium by ectopically expressing a ventricular form of the myosin light chain 2 (MLC2v) in the atrium...
- Phasing of muscle gene expression with fasting-induced recovery growth in Atlantic salmonNeil I Bower
Gatty Marine Laboratory, School of Biology, University of St Andrews, St Andrews, Fife, KY16 8LB, UK
Front Zool 6:18. 2009..abstract:..
- Cdc42-MRCK and Rho-ROCK signalling cooperate in myosin phosphorylation and cell invasionSimon Wilkinson
Cancer Research UK Centre for Cell and Molecular Biology, Institute of Cancer Research, 237 Fulham Road, London SW3 6JB, UK
Nat Cell Biol 7:255-61. 2005..small GTPase Rho increases contractility through Rho-kinase (ROCK)-mediated regulation of myosin-II light chain (MLC2) phosphorylation. Cdc42 signalling has been shown to control cell polarity...
- Dosimetric performance of the new high-definition multileaf collimator for intracranial stereotactic radiosurgeryAnees Dhabaan
Emory University, Department of Radiation Oncology, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Appl Clin Med Phys 11:3040. 2010The objective was to evaluate the performance of a high-definition multileaf collimator (MLC) of 2.5 mm leaf width (MLC2.5) and compare to standard 5 mm leaf width MLC (MLC5) for the treatment of intracranial lesions using dynamic ..
- Embryonic essential myosin light chain regulates fetal lung development in ratsMarta Santos
Life and Health Sciences Research Institute ICVS, School of Health Sciences, University of Minho, Braga, Portugal
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 37:330-8. 2007..Embryonic essential MLC1a and regulatory myosin light chain 2 (MLC2) were characterized throughout normal and abnormal lung development by immunohistochemistry and ..
- Familial and sporadic hypertrophic myopathy: differences and similarities in a genotyped population. A long follow-up studyDulce Brito
Clínica Universitária de Cardiologia, Faculdade de Medicina de Lisboa, Portugal
Rev Port Cardiol 27:147-73. 2008..A mutation is identified in two-thirds of cases, and more frequently in familial forms. Doubts remain concerning the true identity of the sporadic form...
- Role of nitric oxide signaling components in differentiation of embryonic stem cells into myocardial cellsKalpana Mujoo
Brown Foundation Institute of Molecular Medicine for the Prevention of Human Diseases, University of Texas Health Science Center, 1825 Pressler Street, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:18924-9. 2008..Our results with mouse and human ES cells demonstrate an increase in Nkx2.5 and myosin light chain (MLC2) mRNA expression on exposure of cells to NO donors and a decrease in mRNA expression of both cardiac-specific genes ..
- DOCK10-mediated Cdc42 activation is necessary for amoeboid invasion of melanoma cellsGilles Gadea
Cancer Research UK Centre for Cell and Molecular Biology, Institute of Cancer Research, London, United Kingdom
Curr Biol 18:1456-65. 2008....
- A DNA resequencing array for pathogenic mutation detection in hypertrophic cardiomyopathySiv Fokstuen
Genetic Medicine, University Hospitals of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Hum Mutat 29:879-85. 2008..and 5'UTR regions of 12 genes that have been clearly implicated in HCM (MYH7, MYBPC3, TNNT2, TPM1, TNNI3, MYL3, MYL2, CSRP3, PLN, ACTC, TNNC1, and PRKAG2)...
- Energy-dependent regulation of cell structure by AMP-activated protein kinaseJun Hee Lee
National Creative Research Initiatives Center for Cell Growth Regulation, Department of Biological Sciences, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, 373 1 Kusong Dong, Yusong gu, Taejon 305 701, Korea
Nature 447:1017-20. 2007..Interestingly, the regulatory site of non-muscle myosin regulatory light chain (MRLC; also known as MLC2) was directly phosphorylated by AMPK...
- A tumor suppressor role for srGAP3 in mammary epithelial cellsA Lahoz
Cell Biology Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
Oncogene 32:4854-60. 2013..this is accompanied by an increase in phosphorylation of the ezrin/radixin/moesin (ERM) family proteins and myosin light chain 2 (MLC2)...
- Myosin II regulatory light chain is required for trafficking of bile salt export protein to the apical membrane in Madin-Darby canine kidney cellsWayne Chan
Department of Physiology, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
J Biol Chem 280:23741-7. 2005..A yeast two-hybrid screen of a rat liver cDNA library identified the myosin II regulatory light chain, MLC2, as a binding partner for BSEP, MDR1, and MDR2...
- Identification and validation of differentially expressed genes from pig skeletal muscleL L Verardo
Department of Animal Science, Universidade Federal de Viçosa UFV, Vicosa, MG, Brazil
J Anim Breed Genet 130:372-81. 2013..profile of 13 genes was measured, to confirm their relationship with myogenesis like ANKRD2, MYBPC1, NEB and MYL2. These genes showed a prenatal high expression in this study...
- Orientation and motion of myosin light chain and troponin in reconstituted muscle fibers as detected by ESR with a new bifunctional spin labelToshiaki Arata
Department of Biology, Graduate School of Science, Osaka University, Toyonaka, Osaka 560 0043, Japan
Adv Exp Med Biol 538:279-83; discussion 284. 2003....
- Protein phosphatase activity is necessary for myofibrillogenesisMonica Terry
Division of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, School of Biological Sciences, 5007 Rockhill Road, University of Missouri, Kansas City, MO 64110, USA
Cell Biochem Biophys 45:265-78. 2006..The combined pharmacological and molecular results suggest a dynamic equilibrium between MLCK and PP1M activities is required for proper myofibrillogenesis...
- Mimicking white matter tract topography using core-shell electrospun nanofibers to examine migration of malignant brain tumorsShreyas S Rao
William G Lowrie Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Biomaterials 34:5181-90. 2013..mechanics, with single cell morphology (Feret diameter), migration speed, focal adhesion kinase (FAK) and myosin light chain 2 (MLC2) expression all showing a strong dependence on nanofiber modulus...
- Detailed mapping, mutation analysis, and intragenic polymorphism identification in candidate Noonan syndrome genes MYL2, DCN, EPS8, and RPL6A Ion
J Med Genet 37:884-6. 2000
- Deleted in liver cancer 1 (DLC1) negatively regulates Rho/ROCK/MLC pathway in hepatocellular carcinomaCarmen Chak Lui Wong
Department of Pathology, SH Ho Foundation Research Laboratory and Jockey Club Clinical Research Centre, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
PLoS ONE 3:e2779. 2008..In the present study, we aimed to investigate the effects of DLC1 on Rho/ROCK signaling pathway in hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Isolation and characterization of the gene for myosin light chain two of Drosophila melanogasterJ Toffenetti
J Cell Biol 104:19-28. 1987..The Drosophila MLC2 gene is located in region 99E1-3 on the right arm of chromosome 3, several bands removed from the site reported for ..
- Multi-directional function of the protein phosphatase 1 regulatory subunit TIMAPMicheal J Shopik
Department of Biochemistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 435:567-73. 2013..TIMAP-bound PP1cβ effectively dephosphorylated MLC2 and TIMAP itself...
- DEK depletion negatively regulates Rho/ROCK/MLC pathway in non-small cell lung cancerJunying Wang
Department of Pathology, The First Afﬁliated Hospital and College of Basic Medical Sciences of China Medical University, Shenyang, Liaoning, China
J Histochem Cytochem 61:510-21. 2013..expression was markedly reduced; in conjunction, active RhoA-GTP levels and the downstream effector phosphorylated MLC2 were also reduced...
- High-throughput single-strand conformation polymorphism analysis on a microfabricated capillary array electrophoresis deviceHuijun Tian
Department of Chemistry, University of California Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Electrophoresis 26:1834-42. 2005..0 x 10(6). Using 5% PDMA containing 10% glycerol and 15% urea, 21 single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) from HFE, MYL2, MYL3, and MYH7 genes associated with hereditary hemochromatosis (HHC) and hereditary hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (..
- Intact lipid rafts regulate HIV-1 Tat protein-induced activation of the Rho signaling and upregulation of P-glycoprotein in brain endothelial cellsYu Zhong
Department of Neurosurgery, Molecular Neuroscience and Vascular Biology Laboratory, University of Kentucky Medical Center, Lexington, Kentucky 40536, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 30:522-33. 2010..The present data indicate the critical function of intact lipid rafts and the Rho signaling in HIV-1-mediated upregulation of P-gp and potential development of drug resistance in brain endothelial cells...
- Gene duplication and conversion events shaped three homologous, differentially expressed myosin regulatory light chain (MLC2) genesLieke Gerrits
Department of Cell Biology, Nijmegen Centre for Molecular Life Sciences, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Eur J Cell Biol 91:629-39. 2012..Little is known about the evolutionary origin, expression pattern and function of myosin regulatory light chain (MLC2) isoforms...
- Proteomics of post-traumatic proliferative vitreoretinopathy in rabbit retina reveals alterations to a variety of functional proteinsQingyun Zhou
The First Affiliated Hospital of Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing Key Laboratory of Ophthalmology, Chongqing, PR China
Curr Eye Res 37:318-26. 2012..The purpose of this study was to investigate the protein profiles and pathogenesis in rabbit retinas from normal and post-traumatic proliferative vitreoretinopathy (PVR)...
- Prevalence and distribution of sarcomeric gene mutations in Japanese patients with familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathyHaruna Otsuka
Department of Molecular Pathogenesis, Medical Research Institute, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Japan
Circ J 76:453-61. 2012..Although there are several reports on the systematic screening of mutations in the disease-causing genes in European and American populations, only limited information is available for Asian populations, including Japanese...
- A genome-wide association study for quantitative trait loci of show-jumping in Hanoverian warmblood horsesW Schroder
Institute for Animal Breeding and Genetics, University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover, Germany
Anim Genet 43:392-400. 2012..Within six QTL regions, we identified human performance-related genes including PAPSS2 on ECA1, MYL2 on ECA8, TRHR on ECA9 and GABPA on ECA26 and within the putative QTL regions NRAP on ECA1, and TBX4 on ECA11...
- Dual promoter expression system with insulator ensures a stringent tissue-specific regulation of two reporter genes in the transgenic fishAtsushi Shimizu
Department of Molecular Biology, Keio University School of Medicine, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo, 160 8582, Japan
Transgenic Res 22:435-44. 2013..muscle-specific promoter (cmlc2) and medaka skeletal muscle-specific promoter (myl2) derived from the myosin light chain 2 genes, and they are placed in a head-to-head orientation...
- AMPK regulates mitotic spindle orientation through phosphorylation of myosin regulatory light chainJose T Thaiparambil
Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Winship Cancer Institute of Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Mol Cell Biol 32:3203-17. 2012..Taken together, these data indicate that AMPK mediates spindle pole-associated pMRLC(ser19) to control spindle orientation via regulation of actin cortex-astral microtubule attachments...
- Salvianolic acid B lowers portal pressure in cirrhotic rats and attenuates contraction of rat hepatic stellate cells by inhibiting RhoA signaling pathwayHong Xu
Institute of Liver Diseases, Shuguang Hospital Affiliated to Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shanghai, China
Lab Invest 92:1738-48. 2012..Glycerol-urea gel electrophoresis was performed to determine the phosphorylation of myosin light chain 2 (MLC2). F-actin stress fiber polymerization was detected by fluorescein isothiocyanate-labeled phalloidin...
- Rho kinase signaling pathways during stretch in primary alveolar epitheliaBrian C DiPaolo
Department of Bioengineering, University of Pennsylvania, 210 South 33rd St, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6321, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 302:L992-1002. 2012..we hypothesize that RhoA activity, Rho kinase (ROCK) activity, and phosphorylation of myosin light chain II (MLC2) increase in stretched type I-like AECs in a manner that is dependent on stretch magnitude, and that RhoA, ROCK, or ..
- Modulation of HSP27 alters hypoxia-induced endothelial permeability and related signaling pathwaysTiegang Liu
Tufts Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
J Cell Physiol 220:600-10. 2009..Hypoxia causes gap formation between RPMEC and increases MLC2 phosphorylation. The phosphorylation of MYPT1, which inhibits MLC2 phosphatase, is also increased in hypoxia...
- The anaphase-promoting complex promotes actomyosin-ring disassembly during cytokinesis in yeastGregory H Tully
Department of Physiology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Mol Biol Cell 20:1201-12. 2009..Deletion of CDH1 also exacerbates actomyosin-ring disassembly defects in cells with mutations in the myosin light-chain Mlc2, suggesting that Mlc2 and the APC employ independent mechanisms to promote ring disassembly during cytokinesis.
- MR-1 modulates proliferation and migration of human hepatoma HepG2 cells through myosin light chains-2 (MLC2)/focal adhesion kinase (FAK)/Akt signaling pathwayKaihuan Ren
Department of Oncology, Institute of Medicinal Biotechnology, Peking Union Medical College, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing, China
J Biol Chem 283:35598-605. 2008The key of cell migration process on solid substrates is phosphorylation of myosin light chain-2 (MLC2), which is implicated in a variety of intracellular functions...
- Histologic characterization of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy with and without myofilament mutationsChristopher J McLeod
Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Am Heart J 158:799-805. 2009..The presence of cardiac myofilament and mutations and RAAS polymorphisms will have a strong association with the severity of histologic features of HC and characteristic septal shape...
- Repression of the cardiac myosin light chain-2 gene in skeletal muscle requires site-specific association of antithetic regulator, Nished, and HDACsSumy Mathew
Center for Cardiovascular and Muscle Research and Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, State University of New York Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY 11203, USA
J Cell Mol Med 13:1952-61. 2009..and in Nished expressing stable skeletal muscle cell line demonstrate that Nished down-regulates the cardiac MLC2 gene expression when its association is restricted to CSS alone...
- MicroRNA-200c represses migration and invasion of breast cancer cells by targeting actin-regulatory proteins FHOD1 and PPM1FSarah Jurmeister
Division of Molecular Genome Analysis, German Cancer Research Center DKFZ, Heidelberg, Germany
Mol Cell Biol 32:633-51. 2012..This finally led to downregulation of the expression and phosphorylation of the SRF target myosin light chain 2 (MLC2) gene, required for stress fiber formation and contractility...
- Expression of the myosin light chains 1, 2 and 3 in the muscle of blackspot seabream (Pagellus bogaraveo, Brunnich), during developmentP Silva
ICBAS Institute of Biomedical Sciences Abel Salazar, Largo Prof Abel Salazar 2, 4099 003, Porto, Portugal
Fish Physiol Biochem 36:1125-32. 2010..The spatial expression of embryonic MLC 1 (MLC1), 2 (MLC2) and 3 (MLC3) was studied by in situ hybridization...
- Efficacy of catheter ablation for atrial fibrillation in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: impact of age, atrial remodelling, and disease progressionPaolo Di Donna
Division of Cardiology, Cardinal Massaia Hospital of Asti and Faculty of Medicine, University of Turin, Corso Dante, 202, Asti 14100, Italy
Europace 12:347-55. 2010..However, the predictors of RFCA efficacy remain largely unknown. We assessed the outcome of a multicentre HCM cohort following RFCA for symptomatic AF refractory to medical therapy...
- Prevalence of sarcomere protein gene mutations in preadolescent children with hypertrophic cardiomyopathyJuan Pablo Kaski
Inherited Cardiovascular Diseases Unit, Institute of Child Health, University College London, London, United Kingdom
Circ Cardiovasc Genet 2:436-41. 2009..Familial disease caused by mutations in cardiac sarcomere protein genes, which accounts for most cases in adolescents and adults, is believed to be a very rare cause of HCM...
- Neonatal asphyxia induces the nitration of cardiac myosin light chain 2 that is associated with cardiac systolic dysfunctionAdrian Doroszko
Department of Pharmacology, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Shock 34:592-600. 2010..induces peroxynitrite-dependent modifications of the cardiac contractile protein, myosin regulatory light chain 2 (MLC2), and whether this is associated with development of cardiac systolic dysfunction...
- Antagonism of R-type calcium channels significantly improves cerebral blood flow after subarachnoid hemorrhage in ratsFei Wang
Department of Neurosurgery, Renji Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
J Neurotrauma 27:1723-32. 2010..The extent of myosin light chain-2 (MLC2) phosphorylation was determined by urea-glycerol polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis, followed by immunoblotting...
- Examination of FGFRL1 as a candidate gene for diaphragmatic defects at chromosome 4p16.3 shows that Fgfrl1 null mice have reduced expression of Tpm3, sarcomere genes and Lrtm1 in the diaphragmNelson LopezJimenez
Division of Genetics, Department of Pediatrics, University of California, 533 Parnassus St, Room U585P, San Francisco, CA 94143 0748, USA
Hum Genet 127:325-36. 2010..004), Myl2, Lrtm1, Myh4, Myl3, Myh7 and Hephl1...
- Differential phosphorylation of myosin light chain (Thr)18 and (Ser)19 and functional implications in plateletsT M Getz
Department of Physiology, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
J Thromb Haemost 8:2283-93. 2010..Myosin IIA is an essential platelet contractile protein that is regulated by phosphorylation of its regulatory light chain (MLC) on residues (Thr)18 and (Ser)19 via the myosin light chain kinase (MLCK)...
- Identification of a novel TPM1 mutation in a family with left ventricular noncompaction and sudden deathBo Chang
Department of Pediatrics, University of Toyama, 2630 Sugitani, Toyama, Japan
Mol Genet Metab 102:200-6. 2011..and her mother for variants in other sarcomeric protein-encoding candidate genes, MYH7, MYBPC3, TNNT2, TNNI3, ACTC, MYL2, and MYL3, did not identify any other non-synonymous variants or variants in splice donor-acceptor sequences that ..
- Unusual anchor of a motor complex (MyoD-MLC2) to the plasma membrane of Toxoplasma gondiiValerie Polonais
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Medicine, CMU, University of Geneva, 1 rue Michel Servet, CH 1211 Geneva 4, Switzerland
Traffic 12:287-300. 2011..gondii and Plasmodium falciparum. MLC2, only found in coccidians, is associated with myosin D via its calmodulin (CaM)-like domain and anchored to the ..
- Abnormal actomyosin assembly in proliferating and differentiating myoblasts upon expression of a cytosolic DMPK isoformSusan A M Mulders
Department of Cell Biology, Nijmegen Centre for Molecular Life Sciences, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Biochim Biophys Acta 1813:867-77. 2011..Expression of DMPK E led to an increased phosphorylation status of MLC2. We found no such effects with vectors that encode a mutant DMPK E which was rendered enzymatically inactive or any ..
- Characterization and ontogenetic expression analysis of the myosin light chains from the fast white muscle of mandarin fish Siniperca chuatsiW Y Chu
Department of Bioengineering and Environmental Science, Changsha University, Changsha 410003, China
J Fish Biol 78:1225-38. 2011..complementary DNA (cDNA) clones were isolated encoding the skeletal myosin light chain 1 (MLC1; 1237 bp), myosin light chain 2 (MLC2; 1206 bp) and myosin light chain 3 (MLC3; 1079 bp) from the fast white muscle cDNA library of ..
- Lineage restricted progenitors for the repopulation of decellularized heartSerina L J Ng
Institute of Bioengineering and Nanotechnology, The Nanos 138669, Singapore
Biomaterials 32:7571-80. 2011..Expression of various cardiac specific markers such as cTnT, Nkx-2.5, Myl2, Myl7, Myh6 and CD31 was elucidated by gene expression, immunostaining and flow cytometry...
- MAL/SRF complex is involved in platelet formation and megakaryocyte migration by regulating MYL9 (MLC2) and MMP9Laure Gilles
INSERM, U790, Villejuif, France
Blood 114:4221-32. 2009..Finally, the use of a shRNA to decrease MYL9 expression showed that MYL9 was involved in proplatelet formation. MAL/SRF complex is thus involved in platelet formation and megakaryocyte migration by regulating MYL9 and MMP9...
- Large-scale genome-wide association studies in East Asians identify new genetic loci influencing metabolic traitsYoung Jin Kim
Center for Genome Science, National Institute of Health, Osong Health Technology Administration Complex, Chungcheongbuk Do, Korea
Nat Genet 43:990-5. 2011..The most compelling associations involved 12q24.11 (near MYL2) and 12q24...
- Drastic increase of myosin light chain MLC-2 in senescent skeletal muscle indicates fast-to-slow fibre transition in sarcopenia of old ageJoan Gannon
Department of Biology, National University of Ireland, Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
Eur J Cell Biol 88:685-700. 2009..The mass spectrometric analysis of the myofibril-enriched fraction identified the MLC2 isoform of the slow-type MLC as the contractile protein with the most drastically changed expression during aging...
- Cell therapy enhances function of remote non-infarcted myocardiumAlicia Moreno-Gonzalez
Department of Bioengineering, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7962, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 47:603-13. 2009..Enhanced calcium sensitivity was associated with decreased phosphorylation of cTnT, tropomyosin and MLC2, but not changes in myosin or troponin isoforms...
- The major protein expression profile and two-dimensional protein database of human heartL I Kovalyov
Research Center of Medical Genetics, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Moscow
Electrophoresis 16:1160-9. 1995..Each protein was characterized according to several parameters, including molecular weight, isoelectric point, name, partial sequence, subcellular localization, and genetic as well as embryonic changes...
- Identification of a novel human ankyrin-repeated protein homologous to CARPM Moriyama
Department of Molecular Biology, Tottori University, 86 Nishimachi, Yonago City, Tottori 683 8503, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 285:715-23. 2001..7% identity) to Carp which is shown to be involved in the regulation of the transcription of the cardiac ventricular myosin light chain 2 gene. Arpp mRNA was found to be expressed in normal skeletal and cardiac muscle...
- Effects of calmodulin and okadaic acid on myofibrillar Ca2+ sensitivity in cardiac myocytesNobuhiro Suematsu
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Basic Res Cardiol 97:137-44. 2002..To elucidate the role of the phosphorylation of cardiac regulatory myosin light chain (MLC2) in the regulation of cardiac muscle contraction, we observed effects of calmodulin and okadaic acid, a protein ..
- Systematic analysis of the regulatory and essential myosin light chain genes: genetic variants and mutations in hypertrophic cardiomyopathyZhyldyz T Kabaeva
Charité Kardiologie, Campus Buch und Virchow Klinikum, Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin, Germany
Eur J Hum Genet 10:741-8. 2002..We analysed 186 unrelated individuals with HCM for the human ventricular myosin regulatory (MYL2) and essential light chain genes (MYL3) using polymerase chain reaction, single strand conformation polymorphism ..
- Identification and characterization of P15RS, a novel P15(INK4b) related gene on G1/S progressionJun Liu
The Key Laboratory of Cell Proliferation and Regulation Biology of Ministry of Education, College of Life Science, Beijing Normal University, Beijing 100875, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 299:880-5. 2002..to compare mRNAs from G(1) synchronized cells of MLIK6, which overexpressed P15(INK4b) gene, and its control MLC2. By using this approach, 15 cDNA fragments that were preferentially expressed in MLIK6 cells, but not in MLC2 cells,..
- Mutations in either the essential or regulatory light chains of myosin are associated with a rare myopathy in human heart and skeletal muscleK Poetter
Inherited Cardiac Diseases Section, NHLBI, NIH Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1650, USA
Nat Genet 13:63-9. 1996....
- Identification of the genotypes causing hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in northern SwedenStellan Morner
Department of Medicine, University Hospital, Umea, Sweden
J Mol Cell Cardiol 35:841-9. 2003....
- Human fast skeletal myosin light chain 2 cDNA: isolation, tissue specific expression of the single copy gene, comparative sequence analysis of isoforms and evolutionary relationshipsSanjay Sachdev
Department of Anatomy and Cellular Biology, Health Sciences Campus, Tufts University, 136, Harrison Avenue, Boston, MA 02111, USA
DNA Seq 14:339-50. 2003..Besides identifying specific targets for functional studies of HSRLC by mutagenesis, the results support the concept of an ancestral gene from which the RLC genes have evolved...
- [Familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: genes, mutations and animal models. A review]Carlos Darío Ramírez
Departamento de Biología Estructural, Instituto Venezolano de Investigaciones Cientificas IVIC, Universidad Central de Venezuela, Caracas, Venezuela
Invest Clin 45:69-99. 2004..myosin binding protein-C (MYBPC3), cardiac troponin (TNNI3), essential and regulatory light chain genes (MYL3 and MYL2, respectively), cardiac alpha-actin gene (ACTC) and titin (TTN)...
- Cardiac isoform of alpha-2 macroglobin, a novel serum protein, may induce cardiac hypertrophy in ratsC Rajamanickam
Department of Biochemistry, School of Biological Sciences, Centre for Advanced Studies in Functional Genomics, Madurai Kamaraj University, India
Basic Res Cardiol 96:23-33. 2001..development of cardiac hypertrophy and this is accompanied by an induction of muscle specific genes such as that of MLC2 and beta-MHC characteristic of pressure overloaded heart...
- Familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy mutations in the regulatory light chains of myosin affect their structure, Ca2+ binding, and phosphorylationD Szczesna
Department of Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
J Biol Chem 276:7086-92. 2001....
- Fine mapping of thymus enlargement gene 1 (Ten1) in BUF/Mna ratsC Ye
Department of Pathology, Fujita Health University School of Medicine, Toyoake, Japan
Pathol Int 50:185-90. 2000..Previously, we mapped Ten1 on chromosome (Chr) 1 to a 20 cM region between Myl2 and D1Mgh11, and Ten2 on Chr 13...
- Maximum velocity of shortening in relation to myosin isoform composition in single fibres from human skeletal musclesL Larsson
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53706
J Physiol 472:595-614. 1993..3. Alkali (MLC1 and MLC3) and dithio nitrobenzoic acid (DTNB) (MLC2) myosin light chains were observed in all type II fibres in variable proportions...
- Ectopic expression of MyoD1 in mice causes prenatal lethalitiesA Faerman
Institute of Animal Science, ARO, Volcani Center, Bet Dagan, Israel
Dev Dyn 196:165-73. 1993..Forced expression of MyoD1 was associated with the activation of myogenin and MLC2 (but not myf5 or MRF4) genes in non-muscle cell types, demonstrating the dominant regulatory function of MyoD1 ..
- Positional specification of ventricular myosin light chain 2 expression in the primitive murine heart tubeT X O'Brien
Department of Medicine, Veterans Administration Medical Center, La Jolla, CA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 90:5157-61. 1993..process of ventricular specification during cardiogenesis, we examined the in situ expression of cardiac ventricular myosin light chain 2 (MLC-2v) mRNA during murine embryogenesis...
- Genetic maps of polymorphic DNA loci on rat chromosome 1Y P Ding
Arthritis and Rheumatism Branch, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, 20892, USA
Genomics 36:320-7. 1996..Thirteen gene loci (Myl2, Aldoa, Tnt, Igf2, Prkcg, Cgm4, Calm3, Cgm3, Psbp1, Sa, Hbb, Ins1, and Tcp1) were previously mapped...
- Dilated cardiomyopathy-associated proteins and their presentation in a WWW-accessible two-dimensional gel protein databaseK P Pleissner
Department of Internal Medicine Cardiology, Virchow Klinikum of the Humboldt University and German Heart Institute Berlin
Electrophoresis 18:802-8. 1997..Fifty-two spots differed significantly in average intensity between the DCM and the control groups. Myosin light chain 2, ventricular (MLC2) and heat shock protein HSP 27 were identified by protein microsequencing and gel map ..
- Phosphorylation-dependent power output of transgenic flies: an integrated studyM H Dickinson
Department of Integrative Biology, University of California, Berkeley 94720, USA
Biophys J 73:3122-34. 1997..flight system of Drosophila melanogaster are affected by phosphorylation of the myosin regulatory light chain (MLC2)...
- Isolation and nucleotide sequence of the cDNA encoding human ventricular myosin light chain 2L Dalla Libera
Research Institute, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada
Nucleic Acids Res 17:2360. 1989
- NEURAL AND MECHANICAL REGULATION OF SLOW MYOSINKaryn Esser; Fiscal Year: 1999..gene that is necessary for slow muscle specific expression in vivo: 2) To determine cis-acting sequences of the MLC 2 slow gene that are necessary for induction in response to slow innervation...
- Molecular Mechanisms of Nonmuscle Myosin II RegulationAnne Bresnick; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- REGULATORY FACTORS IN CARDIAC ADAPTATIONM Siddiqui; Fiscal Year: 1993..factors are responsible for activation (or repression) of a candidate gene, such as, for myosin light chain (MLC2), which appears to biochemically characterize the cardiac hypertrophic process; second, to investigate the ..
- MLC2V AND 2A IN CARDIAC DEVELOPMENT AND DISEASEJu Chen; Fiscal Year: 2003..The overall goals of the proposal are to understand the functional differences between two cardiac MLC2 isoforms, MLC2v and MLC2a and the functional role of MLC2v phosphorylation...
- Testosterone in TNFR1 Signaling During Acute Myocardial InjuryMeijing Wang; Fiscal Year: 2008..End of Abstract) [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- REGULATION OF CARDIAC FUNCTION BY PKC ISOZYMENATHAN JIDEAMA; Fiscal Year: 2002..It is anticipated that data collected from this study will provide new insights in the regulation of heart function by PKC, PKA and PPI. It will also enhance our understanding of the functions of cardiac contractile apparatus. ..