Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MYF6
Description: myogenic factor 6 (herculin)
Alias: CNM3, MRF4, bHLHc4, myf-6, class C basic helix-loop-helix protein 4, muscle-specific regulatory factor 4, myogenic factor 6
Publications120 found, 100 shown here
- The effects of age and hindlimb supension on the levels of expression of the myogenic regulatory factors MyoD and myogenin in rat fast and slow skeletal musclesS E Alway
Division of Exercise Physiology, Robert C Byrd Health Science Center, West Virginia School of Medicine, Morgantown, WV 26506 9227, USA
Exp Physiol 86:509-17. 2001..05), but MyoD protein and mRNA levels were not changed. MRF4 levels were not affected by ageing in either muscle...
- Expression of myogenic regulatory factors in the muscle-derived electric organ of Sternopygus macrurusJung A Kim
Department of Biology, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, NM 88003, USA
J Exp Biol 211:2172-84. 2008..macrurus genome and our Southern blot analyses revealed a single MyoD, myogenin, myf5 and MRF4 gene. Quantitative RT-PCR showed that muscle and EO transcribe all MRF genes...
- Effect of genetic selection on MyoD and myogenin expression in turkeys with different growth ratesC Liu
Department of Animal Sciences, Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center, The Ohio State University, Wooster, Ohio 44691, USA
Poult Sci 84:376-84. 2005..requires the ordered expression of specific myogenic regulatory factors, which include MyoD, Myf5, myogenin, and MRF4. The MyoD and Mrf5 factors are required for the determination of myoblasts, whereas myogenin and MRF4 play a ..
- MyoD expression marks the onset of skeletal myogenesis in Myf-5 mutant miceT Braun
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, University of Braunschweig, FRG
Development 120:3083-92. 1994..In contrast to somites in wild-type embryos, no expression of myogenin and Myf-6 (MRF4), or any other myotomal markers was detected in mutant animals at E9.0 and E10...
- Identification of a critical control element directing expression of the muscle-specific transcription factor MRF4 in the mouse embryoMarina Fomin
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Technical University of Braunschweig, 38106 Braunschweig, Germany
Dev Biol 272:498-509. 2004..muscle development in the vertebrate embryo critically depends on the myogenic regulatory factors (MRFs) including MRF4 and Myf5...
- Differential binding of quadruplex structures of muscle-specific genes regulatory sequences by MyoD, MRF4 and myogeninAnat Yafe
Department of Biochemistry, Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, POB 9649 Bat Galim, Haifa 31096, Israel
Nucleic Acids Res 36:3916-25. 2008Four myogenic regulatory factors (MRFs); MyoD, Myf-5, MRF4 and Myogenin direct muscle tissue differentiation...
- Expression of myogenic regulatory factors during the development of mouse tongue striated muscleA Yamane
Department of Pharmacology, School of Dental Medicine, Tsurumi University, Yokohama, Japan
Arch Oral Biol 45:71-8. 2000..Expression of MRF4 mRNA appeared earlier in the tongue (E13) than in the hind-limb muscle (E15) and increased in both muscles after ..
- S. macrurus myogenic regulatory factors (MRFs) induce mammalian skeletal muscle differentiation; evidence for functional conservation of MRFsHyun Jung Kim
Department of Biology, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, 88003, USA
Int J Dev Biol 53:993-1002. 2009..Electrocytes express the myogenic regulatory factors (MRFs) MyoD, myogenin, Myf5 and MRF4 despite their incomplete muscle phenotype. Although S...
- Differential trans-activation of muscle-specific regulatory elements including the mysosin light chain box by chicken MyoD, myogenin, and MRF4A Fujisawa-Sehara
Division of Molecular Genetics, National Institute of Neuroscience, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, Tokyo, Japan
J Biol Chem 267:10031-8. 1992We have isolated cDNAs encoding a chicken homologue of MRF4 (cMRF4) in addition to chicken MyoD (CMD1) and myogenin (c-myogenin) described previously...
- The expression of Myf5 in the developing mouse embryo is controlled by discrete and dispersed enhancers specific for particular populations of skeletal muscle precursorsD Summerbell
Division of Eukaryotic Molecular Genetics, MRC National Institute for Medical Research, The Ridgeway, Mill Hill, London, NW7 1AA, UK
Development 127:3745-57. 2000..is controlled by a transcriptional cascade that includes the four myogenic regulatory factors Myf5, Myogenin, MRF4 and MyoD...
- Mox2 is a component of the genetic hierarchy controlling limb muscle developmentB S Mankoo
Division of Developmental Neurobiology, MRC National Institute for Medical Research, London, UK
Nature 400:69-73. 1999..are those encoding the basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) myogenic regulatory factors (MRFs; MyoD, Myf5, myogenin and MRF4) and Pax3, a paired-type homeobox gene that is critical for the development of limb musculature...
- Eya1 and Eya2 proteins are required for hypaxial somitic myogenesis in the mouse embryoRaphaelle Grifone
département génétique et développement, Institut Cochin Paris, INSERM, U567, Paris, F 75014 France
Dev Biol 302:602-16. 2007..between Six and Eya genes, but corresponding proteins activate key muscle determination genes (Myod, Myogenin and Mrf4)...
- Overlapping functions of the myogenic bHLH genes MRF4 and MyoD revealed in double mutant miceA Rawls
Department of Molecular Biology and Oncology, Department of Pathology, UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, Texas 75235, USA
Development 125:2349-58. 1998The myogenic basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) genes - MyoD, Myf5, myogenin and MRF4 - exhibit distinct, but overlapping expression patterns during development of the skeletal muscle lineage and loss-of-function mutations in these genes ..
- Response of myogenic determination factors to cessation and resumption of electrical activity in skeletal muscle: a possible role for myogenin in denervation supersensitivityC M Neville
Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, State University of New York, Stony Brook 11794
Cell Mol Neurobiol 12:511-27. 1992....
- Developmental patterns in the expression of Myf5, MyoD, myogenin, and MRF4 during myogenesisD Montarras
Institut Pasteur, Departement de Biologie Moleculaire, CNRS, Paris, France
New Biol 3:592-600. 1991..we have studied the expression of genes encoding the myogenic regulatory factors Myf5, MyoD, Myogenin, and MRF4 (Myf6, herculin) in cultured mouse muscle cells (inducible and permissive C2 cells and Sol8 cells)...
- Myogenin can substitute for Myf5 in promoting myogenesis but less efficientlyY Wang
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge 02142, USA
Development 124:2507-13. 1997The myogenic basic Helix-Loop-Helix transcription factors, including Myf5, MyoD, myogenin (myg) and MRF4, play important roles in skeletal muscle development...
- Acceleration of somitic myogenesis in embryos of myogenin promoter-MRF4 transgenic miceN E Block
Neuromuscular Laboratory, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown 02129, USA
Dev Dyn 207:382-94. 1996..To examine MRF function and regulation in somites, we generated myogenin promoter-MRF4 transgenic mice in which MRF4 was expressed in rostral somites about a half day earlier than normal...
- [Influences of PAX3-FKHR transfection on expression of MRF4 and differentiation of cultured human rhabdomyosarcoma RD cells]Guang hui Li
Military Center of Tumor Treatment, Xinqiao Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, 400037, P R China
Ai Zheng 22:30-4. 2003..This study was designed to observe the effects of fusion gene PAX3-FKHR transfection on expression of MRF4 and differentiation of cultured human rhabdomyosarcoma RD cells.
- Six and Eya expression during human somitogenesis and MyoD gene family activationFrancoise Fougerousse
URA CNRS 1923, Genethon, 1 rue de l Internationale, BP60, 91002 Evry, France
J Muscle Res Cell Motil 23:255-64. 2002..MyoD appears to be activated well after Myf5, myogenin and MRF4 in the early myotome, whereas, in limb bud muscles, the presence of all four of these mRNAs is concomitant from 6 ..
- Induced expression of myoD, myogenin and desmin during myoblast differentiation in embryonic mouse tongue developmentA Yamane
Department of Pharmacology, School of Dental Medicine, Tsurumi University, Yokohama, Japan
Arch Oral Biol 43:407-16. 1998..embryonic mouse tongue through the induction of myogenic regulatory factors such as myoD, myf5, myogenin and MRF4/myf6/herculin...
- Loss of myogenin in postnatal life leads to normal skeletal muscle but reduced body sizeJennifer R Knapp
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Development 133:601-10. 2006..development had normal skeletal muscle, except for modest alterations in the levels of transcripts encoding Mrf4 (Myf6) and Myod1 (MyoD)...
- Gene expression profiling of alveolar soft-part sarcoma (ASPS)Luke H Stockwin
Screening Technologies Branch, Developmental Therapeutics Program, National Cancer Institute at Frederick, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
BMC Cancer 9:22. 2009..In an attempt to gain insight into the pathobiology of this enigmatic tumor, we performed the first genome-wide gene expression profiling study...
- Modifications of gene expression in myotonic murine skeletal muscle are associated with abnormal expression of myogenic regulatory factorsC Goblet
Department of Molecular Biology, Pasteur Institute, Paris, France
Dev Biol 170:262-73. 1995..These observations suggest that specific myogenic factors may be linked to the expression of individual MyHC genes and that abnormal expression of some of the factors may be associated with myotonic muscle pathology...
- Alveolar rhabdomyosarcomas in conditional Pax3:Fkhr mice: cooperativity of Ink4a/ARF and Trp53 loss of functionCharles Keller
Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology and Department of Pediatrics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112, USA
Genes Dev 18:2614-26. 2004..knock-in allele whose activation in late embryogenesis and postnatally is targeted to terminally differentiating Myf6-expressing skeletal muscle...
- Inhibition of muscle differentiation by the adenovirus E1a protein: repression of the transcriptional activating function of the HLH protein Myf-5T Braun
Department of Toxicology, Medical School, University of Hamburg, Germany
Genes Dev 6:888-902. 1992..The same inhibition by E1a can be shown for the other myogenic HLH proteins, MyoD, myogenin, and MRF4/Myf-6, that have been expressed in 10T1/2 fibroblasts...
- A BAC transgenic analysis of the Mrf4/Myf5 locus reveals interdigitated elements that control activation and maintenance of gene expression during muscle developmentJ J Carvajal
Division of Eukaryotic Molecular Genetics, MRC National Institute for Medical Research, The Ridgeway, Mill Hill, London NW7 1AA, UK
Development 128:1857-68. 2001The muscle-specific transcription factors Myf5 and Mrf4 are two of the four myogenic regulatory factors involved in the transcriptional cascade responsible for skeletal myogenesis in the vertebrate embryo...
- The alpha-like RNA polymerase II core subunit 3 (RPB3) is involved in tissue-specific transcription and muscle differentiation via interaction with the myogenic factor myogeninNicoletta Corbi
Istituto di Tecnologie Biomediche, CNR, 00137 Rome, Italy
FASEB J 16:1639-41. 2002..helix-loop-helix (HLH) region of myogenin, it does not bind other HLH myogenic factors such as MyoD, Myf5, and MRF4. Coimmunoprecipitation experiments indicate that myogenin contacts the pol II complex and that the RPB3 subunit is ..
- The early epaxial enhancer is essential for the initial expression of the skeletal muscle determination gene Myf5 but not for subsequent, multiple phases of somitic myogenesisLydia Teboul
Division of Eukaryotic Molecular Genetics, MRC National Institute for Medical Research, The Ridgeway, Mill Hill, London NW7 1AA, UK
Development 129:4571-80. 2002..myogenesis is controlled by four transcription factors known as the myogenic regulatory factors (MRFs): Myf5, Mrf4, myogenin and MyoD...
- Genetic and epigenetic control of muscle development in vertebratesB Brand-Saberi
Anatomisches Institut II, Universitat Freiburg, Albertstrasse 17, D 79104 Freiburg, Germany
Cell Tissue Res 296:199-212. 1999..Markers of myogenic specification are myf5, myoD, mrf4 and myogenin, which encode transcription factors of the basic helix-loop-helix family...
- The formation of skeletal muscle: from somite to limbMargaret Buckingham
Department of Developmental Biology, CNRS URA 1947, Pasteur Institute, Paris, France
J Anat 202:59-68. 2003..well as the myogenic determination factors Myf5 and MyoD and factors required for differentiation such as Myogenin, Mrf4 and Mef2 isoforms...
- Gene expression of myogenic regulatory factors, nicotinic acetylcholine receptor subunits, and GAP-43 in skeletal muscle following denervation in a rat modelJianjun Ma
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Wake Forest University Health Sciences, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157, USA
J Orthop Res 25:1498-505. 2007..05). MRF4, Myogenin, and MyoD expression paralleled that of alpha, gamma, and epsilon nAChR subunits (P < 0.05)...
- Prolonged passive stretch of rat soleus muscle provokes an increase in the mRNA levels of the muscle regulatory factors distributed along the entire length of the fibersE Zador
Inst Biochem, Albert Szent Gyorgyi Med Univ, Szeged, Hungary
J Muscle Res Cell Motil 20:395-402. 1999..SERCA1a and SERCA1b, respectively) and those of the muscle regulatory factors (MRFs: myoD, myf-5, myogenin, MRF4) have been assessed by RT PCR in rat soleus muscles immobilized for 3 days in an extended position (passive stretch)..
- Increased p70s6k phosphorylation during intake of a protein-carbohydrate drink following resistance exercise in the fasted stateLouise Deldicque
Department of Biomedical Kinesiology, Research Center for Exercise and Health, FABER, K U Leuven, Tervuursevest 101, 3001 Leuven Heverlee, Belgium
Eur J Appl Physiol 108:791-800. 2010..vastus lateralis were obtained before (Rest), and 1 h (+1h) and 4 h (+4h) after exercise. Myogenin, MRF4, and MyoD1 mRNA contents were determined by RT-PCR...
- Resistance exercise alters MRF and IGF-I mRNA content in human skeletal muscleNiklas Psilander
August Krogh Institute, Copenhagen Muscle Research Centre, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
J Appl Physiol 95:1038-44. 2003..Myogenin, MRF4, MyoD, IGF-IEabc (isoforms a, b, and c) and IGF-IEbc (isoform b and c) mRNA levels were determined in the vastus ..
- Opposite roles of MRF4 and MyoD in cell proliferation and myogenic differentiationXun Jin
Division of Biotechnology, College of Life Sciences and Biotechnology, Korea University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 364:476-82. 2007..Among the myogenic regulatory factors (MRFs), MRF4 shows a biphasic expression pattern during the formation of myotomes, although its function remains unclear...
- In situ hybridization analysis for expression of myogenic regulatory factors in regenerating muscle of mdx mouseS Bhagavati
State University of New York Health Sciences Center, Department of Neurology, Brooklyn 11203, USA
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 55:509-14. 1996..Myogenin, Myf5, and Myf6 were expressed weakly in some immature fibers and none of the MRF's could be detected in mature muscle...
- Gene expression of myostatin during development and regeneration of skeletal muscle in Japanese Black CattleM Shibata
National Agricultural Research Center for Western Region, Ohda Shi, Shimane ken, 694 0013, Japan
J Anim Sci 84:2983-9. 2006..e., Myf5, MyoD, myogenin and MRF4, showed contrasting responses. Myostatin mRNA dramatically declined by 68.1 and 82...
- Myf5 expression in satellite cells and spindles in adult muscle is controlled by separate genetic elementsPeter S Zammit
Muscle Cell Biology Group, Medical Research Council Clinical Sciences Centre, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College, London, W12 0NN, UK
Dev Biol 273:454-65. 2004..we analysed reporter gene expression in a transgenic bacterial artificial chromosome (BAC) deletion series of the Mrf4/Myf5 locus...
- Effect of mechanical stretching on expressions of muscle specific transcription factors MyoD, Myf-5, myogenin and MRF4 in proliferated myoblastsS Abe
Department of Anatomy, Tokyo Dental College, Mihama ku, Chiba City, Chiba, Japan
Anat Histol Embryol 38:305-10. 2009..Myf-5 expressed only at early stage of the stretch group. Although mRNA and protein expressions of myogenin and MRF4 were detected both in the stretch and in the control group at 12 h after the stretching, their expressions were ..
- Identification and characterization of the cell type-specific and developmentally regulated alpha7 integrin gene promoterB L Ziober
Department of Stomatology, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 0512, USA
J Biol Chem 271:22915-22. 1996..alpha7 promoter was trans-activated by the myogenic basic helix-loop-helix proteins myogenin and MyoD but not by MRF4 and myf5...
- Myogenin-dependent nAChR clustering in aneural myotubesPeter C D Macpherson
Molecular and Behavioral Neurosciences Institute and Department of Biological Chemistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Mol Cell Neurosci 31:649-60. 2006..is essential for robust nAChR clustering and cannot be compensated by the muscle regulatory factors MyoD, myf5, and MRF4. In addition, we show that clustering cannot be rescued in myogenin-depleted myotubes by simply overexpressing the ..
- Development of cloned embryos from porcine neural stem cells and amniotic fluid-derived stem cells transfected with enhanced green fluorescence protein geneYue Mao Zheng
College of Veterinary Medicine, Institute of Biotechnology, Northwest A and F University, 1 06, Research Building, Yangling, Shaanxi 712100, People s Republic of China
Reproduction 137:793-801. 2009..neuron (NF+, ENO2+, and MAP2+), adipocyte (LPL+ and PPARG-D+), osteoblast (osteonectin+ and osteocalcin+), myocyte (MYF6+ and MYOD+), and endothelium (PECAM1+, CD34+, CDH5+, and NOS3+) respectively...
- Different MRF4 knockout alleles differentially disrupt Myf-5 expression: cis-regulatory interactions at the MRF4/Myf-5 locusJ K Yoon
Division of Biology, 156 29, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California, 91125, USA
Dev Biol 188:349-62. 1997Three different null alleles of the myogenic bHLH gene MRF4/herculin/Myf-6 were created recently...
- A conserved MRF4 promoter drives transgenic expression in Xenopus embryonic somites and adult muscleTimothy J Hinterberger
Biomedical Program, University of Alaska Anchorage, Anchorage, AK 99508, USA
Int J Dev Biol 54:617-25. 2010The muscle regulatory factor MRF4 is expressed in both embryonic and adult vertebrate skeletal muscle cells...
- Identification of MRF4: a new member of the muscle regulatory factor gene familyS J Rhodes
Department of Biological Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907
Genes Dev 3:2050-61. 1989We have identified a rat cDNA encoding MRF4, a new member of the muscle regulatory factor gene family that includes MyoD1, myogenin, and Myf-5...
- Treadmill running upregulates the expression of acetylcholine receptor in rat gastrocnemius following botulinum toxin A injectionSen Wei Tsai
Department of Life Sciences, Agricultural Biotechnology Center, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung, Taiwan
J Orthop Res 31:125-31. 2013..Muscle strength and gene expression of AChR subunit (α, β, δ, γ, and ε), MyoD, Myf-5, MRF4, myogenin, p21, IGF-1, GAP43, were analyzed...
- The obestatin/GPR39 system is up-regulated by muscle injury and functions as an autocrine regenerative systemUxía Gurriarán-Rodríguez
Area de Endocrinología Molecular y Celular, Instituto de Investigación Sanitaria de Santiago IDIS, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
J Biol Chem 287:38379-89. 2012..The relevance of the actions of obestatin was confirmed in vivo by the up-regulation of Pax-7, MyoD, Myf5, Myf6, myogenin, and myosin heavy chain (MHC) in obestatin-infused rats when compared with saline-infused rats...
- The translational repressor 4E-BP mediates hypoxia-induced defects in myotome cellsMagdalena Hidalgo
Université Paris13, EA2363, UFR SMBH, Laboratoire Réponses Cellulaires et Fonctionnelles à l Hypoxie, 93017 Bobigny Cedex, France
J Cell Sci 125:3989-4000. 2012..cells and muscle-specific protein accumulation in somites, without interfering with the expression of MyoD and MRF4 transcription factors...
- Differential expression of B-crystallin and Hsp27 in skeletal muscle during continuous contractile activity. Relationship to myogenic regulatory factorsP D Neufer
Department of Internal Medicine, Molecular Cardiology Research Laboratories, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75235 8573, USA
J Biol Chem 271:24089-95. 1996..Transcript levels of all four myogenic regulatory factors (MyoD, myogenin, myf-5, and MRF4) also increased with stimulation in a pattern temporally similar with alphaBC, suggesting that expression of ..
- Postprandial expression of growth-related genes in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.) juveniles fasted for 1 week and fed a single meal to satiationLuísa M P Valente
CIMAR CIIMAR Centro Interdisciplinar de Investigação Marinha e Ambiental and ICBAS Instituto de Ciências Biomédicas de Abel Salazar, Universidade de Porto, Rua dos Bragas, 289, 4050 123 Porto, Portugal
Br J Nutr 108:2148-57. 2012..The gut was fullest 1-6 h after feeding and emptied within 48-96 h. IGF-I, MyoD1c, MRF4 and myf5 transcripts were sharply up-regulated within 1 h of refeeding and are promising candidate genes involved ..
- Downregulation of H19 improves the differentiation potential of mouse parthenogenetic embryonic stem cellsNeli P Ragina
Department of Animal Science, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Stem Cells Dev 21:1134-44. 2012..This phenomenon coincided with upregulation of mesoderm-specific genes such as Myf5, Myf6, and MyoD...
- Effect of sex differences on human MEF2 regulation during endurance exerciseKristian Vissing
Department of Sports Science, University of Aarhus, Dalgas Avenue 4, Aarhus C, Denmark
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 294:E408-15. 2008..mRNA for transcription factors MyoD, myogenin, MRF4, MEF2A, MEF2C, MEF2D, and peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma coactivator 1alpha (PGC1alpha) were ..
- Calcineurin signaling and PGC-1alpha expression are suppressed during muscle atrophy due to diabetesTiffany K Roberts-Wilson
Renal Division, School of Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1803:960-7. 2010..Therefore, we examined MEF2 and NFATc activity in muscles from STZ-rats. Target genes MRF4 and MCIP1.4 mRNAs were both significantly reduced, consistent with reduced Cn signaling...
- The A17 enhancer directs expression of Myf5 to muscle satellite cells but Mrf4 to myonucleiTed Hung Tse Chang
Departement de Biologie du Developpement, CNRS URA 2578, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Dev Dyn 236:3419-26. 2007The myogenic regulatory factors, Myf5 and Mrf4, play key roles in the specification and differentiation of skeletal muscle, respectively...
- Mrf4 (myf6) is dynamically expressed in differentiated zebrafish skeletal muscleYaniv Hinits
MRC Centre for Developmental Neurobiology and Randall Division of Cell and Molecular Biophysics, 4th Floor South, New Hunt s House, Guy s Campus, King s College London, London SE1 1UL, UK
Gene Expr Patterns 7:738-45. 2007Mrf4 (Myf6) is a member of the basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) myogenic regulatory transcription factor (MRF) family, which also contains Myod, Myf5 and myogenin...
- Influence of hormone replacement therapy on eccentric exercise induced myogenic gene expression in postmenopausal womenChristina M Dieli-Conwright
Division of Biokinesiology and Physical Therapy, Clinical Exercise Research Center, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Appl Physiol 107:1381-8. 2009..differentiation factor (MyoD), myogenin, myostatin, myogenic factor 5 (Myf5), and muscle regulatory factor 4 (MRF4). At rest, the HRT group expressed higher levels of MyoD, myogenin, Myf5, MRF4, and follistatin (P < 0.05)...
- The molecular regulation of muscle stem cell functionM A Rudnicki
The Sprott Centre for Stem Cell Research, Regenerative Medicine Program, Ottawa Health Research Institute, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1H 8L6
Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol 73:323-31. 2008..genetic analysis has revealed that Myf5 and MyoD are required for myogenic determination, whereas myogenin and MRF4 have roles in terminal differentiation...
- Laser microdissection-based expression analysis of key genes involved in muscle regeneration in mdx miceMario Marotta
Laboratori de Neurologia Infantil, Institut de Recerca Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Passeig Vall d Hebron 119 129, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
Neuromuscul Disord 17:707-18. 2007..of MyoD, Myf-5 and Myogenin showed a rapid increase in the first two days post-necrosis, which were followed by MRF4 expression, when newly regenerating fibers started to appear (3-5days post-necrosis)...
- ROCK2 and its alternatively spliced isoform ROCK2m positively control the maturation of the myogenic programMichele Pelosi
EMBL Mouse Biology Unit, Campus Buzzati Traverso, Via Ramarini 32, 00016 Monterotondo Scalo, Roma, Italy
Mol Cell Biol 27:6163-76. 2007..caused a significant and selective impairment of the expression of desmin and of the myogenic regulatory factors Mrf4 and MyoD...
- Differential requirements for myogenic regulatory factors distinguish medial and lateral somitic, cranial and fin muscle fibre populationsYaniv Hinits
Randall Division for Cell and Molecular Biophysics and MRC Centre for Developmental Neurobiology, New Hunt s House, Guy s Campus, King s College London, SE1 1UL, UK
Development 136:403-14. 2009..However, the roles of each gene in myogenesis remain unclear, owing partly to genetic linkage at the Myf5/Mrf4 locus and to rapid morphogenetic movements in the amniote somite...
- Cooperative synergy between NFAT and MyoD regulates myogenin expression and myogenesisAnne Sophie Armand
The Hubrecht Institute and Interuniversity Cardiology Institute Netherlands, Royal Netherlands Academy of Sciences, 3584 CT Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 283:29004-10. 2008..The myogenic basic helix-loop-helix transcription factors, MyoD, myogenin, Myf5, and MRF4 specify the myogenic lineage...
- Circadian expression of clock and putative clock-controlled genes in skeletal muscle of the zebrafishIan P G Amaral
Scottish Oceans Institute, School of Biology, University of St Andrews, Fife, Scotland, United Kingdom
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 302:R193-206. 2012..7-fold for the repressor per1a. Out of 32 candidate clock-controlled genes, only myf6, igfbp3, igfbp5b, and hsf2 showed circadian expression patterns...
- Pitx2 defines alternate pathways acting through MyoD during limb and somitic myogenesisAurore L'honoré
Laboratoire de Genetique Moleculaire, Institut de recherches cliniques de Montreal IRCM, QC, Canada
Development 137:3847-56. 2010..Whereas Myf5 and Mrf4 are dispensable for limb muscle progenitor fate, inactivation of Myf5 and Mrf4 in Pitx2 mutants results in a ..
- Muscle protein synthesis and gene expression during recovery from aerobic exercise in the fasted and fed statesMatthew P Harber
Human Performance Laboratory, Ball State Univ, Muncie, IN 47306, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 299:R1254-62. 2010..Myogenic regulatory factor (MRF4) mRNA was also attenuated (P < 0.05) at 2 and 6 h postexercise in EX-FED compared with EX-FAST...
- Circadian regulation of locomotor activity and skeletal muscle gene expression in the horseAnn Marie Martin
School of Agriculture, Food Science and Veterinary Medicine, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin, Ireland
J Appl Physiol 109:1328-36. 2010..05) of six core clock genes (Arntl, Per1, Per2, Nr1d1, Nr1d2, Dbp) and the muscle-specific transcript, Myf6. Additional genes, Ucp3, Nrip1, and Vegfa, demonstrated P values approaching significance...
- Differential gene expression in the perichondrium and cartilage of the neonatal mouse temporomandibular jointR J Hinton
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Baylor College of Dentistry, Texas A and M Health Science Center, Dallas, TX 75246, USA
Orthod Craniofac Res 12:168-77. 2009..Notch and TGF-beta signalling may be important regulators of MCC proliferation and differentiation; the relatively high expression of genes such as Myf6 and VEGF-B and its receptors suggests a degree of unsuspected plasticity in PC cells.
- Expression and subcellular localization of myogenic regulatory factors during the differentiation of skeletal muscle C2C12 myoblastsPaola Ferri
Dipartimento di Scienze dell Uomo, dell Ambiente e della Natura, University of Urbino Carlo Bo, I 61029 Urbino, Italy
J Cell Biochem 108:1302-17. 2009It is known that the MyoD family members (MyoD, Myf5, myogenin, and MRF4) play a pivotal role in the complex mechanism of skeletal muscle cell differentiation...
- The expression pattern of myogenic regulatory factors MyoD, Myf6 and Pax7 in postnatal porcine skeletal musclesK Ropka-Molik
Department of Animal Genetics and Breeding, National Research Institute of Animal Production, ul Krakowska 1, 32 083 Balice, Poland
Gene Expr Patterns 11:79-83. 2011The MyoD, Myf6 genes, which belong to the family of muscle regulatory factors (MRFs) play a major role in muscle growth and development. Therefore, they are considered as candidate genes for meat production traits in pigs...
- Chronic heart failure-induced skeletal muscle atrophy, necrosis, and changes in myogenic regulatory factorsPaula F Martinez
Department of Internal Medicine, Botucatu Medical School, Sao Paulo State University, UNESP Universidad Estadual Paulista, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Med Sci Monit 16:BR374-83. 2010..In this study we evaluated the expression of myogenic regulatory factors (MRF), myosin heavy chain (MyHC) isoforms, and fiber trophism in the soleus muscle of rats with myocardial infarction-induced heart failure...
- Nampt/visfatin/PBEF affects expression of myogenic regulatory factors and is regulated by interleukin-6 in chicken skeletal muscle cellsSusan M Krzysik-Walker
Department of Poultry Science, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol 159:413-21. 2011..Treatment with recombinant human Nampt was found to decrease myoD and mrf4 expression but to increase myf5 expression in myocytes, while glucose uptake was unaffected...
- Gene expression signature of chronic lymphocytic leukaemia with Trisomy 12E Porpaczy
Department of Internal Medicine I, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Eur J Clin Invest 39:568-75. 2009..The prognosis of chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) patients is largely determined by the karyotype of the malignant clone. We have investigated the gene expression profile associated with trisomy 12 (+12)...
- Sex, fiber-type, and age dependent in vitro proliferation of mouse muscle satellite cellsRaquel Manzano
LAGENBIO I3A, Aragońs Institute of Health Sciences IACS, Universidad de Zaragoza, Zaragoza, Spain
J Cell Biochem 112:2825-36. 2011..Myogenin and Mrf4 transcripts were generally elevated in males of 40 and 60 days of age and in female EDL of juveniles...
- Genetic evidence for pax-3 function in myogenesis in the nematode Pristionchus pacificusBuqing Yi
Department for Evolutionary Biology, Max Planck Institute for Developmental Biology, Spemannstrasse 37, D 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Evol Dev 11:669-79. 2009..Four related basic helix-loop-helix transcription factors, MyoD, Myf5, Mrf4, and Myogenin, are targets of PAX3 and serve as myogenic regulatory factors...
- Cloning and characterization of myogenin from seabream (Sparus aurata) and analysis of promoter muscle specificityMarta Codina
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Biology, University of Barcelona, Spain Center of Marine Biotechnology, University of Maryland Biotechnology Institute, USA
Comp Biochem Physiol Part D Genomics Proteomics 3:128-39. 2008..the transcriptional factors, the members of the myogenic regulatory family, including MyoD, Myf5, Myogenin and MRF4, play important roles regulating skeletal muscle development and growth...
- Molecular mechanism underlying the differential MYF6 expression in postnatal skeletal muscle of Duroc and Pietrain breedsHuitao Fan
Institute of Animal Science, Animal Breeding and Husbandry Group, University of Bonn, Germany
Gene 486:8-14. 2011..b>Myogenic factor 6 (MYF6) is the most abundantly expressed myogenic factor in adult muscle...
- Evidence for a myotomal Hox/Myf cascade governing nonautonomous control of rib specification within global vertebral domainsTânia Vinagre
Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciencia, Rua da Quinta Grande 6, 2780 156 Oeiras, Portugal
Dev Cell 18:655-61. 2010..and rib-less areas is first interpreted in the myotome through the regional-specific control of Myf5 and Myf6 expression...
- Mice with a targeted disruption of the Fgfrl1 gene die at birth due to alterations in the diaphragmStefan Baertschi
ITI Research Institute, University of Bern, Switzerland
FEBS J 274:6241-53. 2007..Fast and slow muscle fibers occur in normal proportions. The myogenic regulatory factors MyoD, Myf5, myogenin and Mrf4 and the myocyte enhancer factors Mef2A, Mef2B, Mef2C and Mef2D are expressed at normal levels...
- Expression of MRF4, a myogenic helix-loop-helix protein, produces multiple changes in the myogenic program of BC3H-1 cellsN E Block
Neuromuscular Laboratory, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown 02129
Mol Cell Biol 12:2484-92. 1992Expression of MRF4, a myogenic regulatory factor of the basic helix-loop-helix type, produced multiple changes in the myogenic program of the BC3H-1 cell line...
- Ras/MEK/ERK Up-regulation of the fibroblast KCa channel FIK is a common mechanism for basic fibroblast growth factor and transforming growth factor-beta suppression of myogenesisT L Peña
Department of Biological Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
J Biol Chem 275:13677-82. 2000The 10T1/2-MRF4 fibroblast/myogenic cell system was used to address the following interrelated questions: whether distinct signaling pathways underlie myogenic inhibition by basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) and transforming growth ..
- Differential interactions of Id proteins with basic-helix-loop-helix transcription factorsK Langlands
Section of Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, The, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
J Biol Chem 272:19785-93. 1997..E2-2, and HEB) and two groups of class B proteins, the myogenic regulatory factors (MRFs: MyoD, myogenin, Myf-5 and MRF4/Myf-6), and the hematopoietic factors (Scl/Tal-1, Tal-2, and Lyl-1) were tested in a quantitative yeast 2-hybrid ..
- MRF4 can substitute for myogenin during early stages of myogenesisZ Zhu
Neuromuscular Laboratory, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown 02129, USA
Dev Dyn 209:233-41. 1997b>MRF4, myogenin, MyoD, and Myf-5 are the four members of the basic helix-loop-helix family of muscle-specific regulatory factors (MRFs)...
- Assignment of the human myogenic factors 5 and 6 (MYF5, MYF6) gene cluster to 12q21 by in situ hybridization and physical mapping of the locus between D12S350 and D12S106L Cupelli
Department of Cell Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Cytogenet Cell Genet 72:250-1. 1996
- pRb controls proliferation, differentiation, and death of skeletal muscle cells and other lineages during embryogenesisE Zacksenhaus
Department of Molecular and Medical Genetics, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Genes Dev 10:3051-64. 1996..actively synthesized DNA within the myotubes, and reduction in expression of the late muscle-specific genes MCK and MRF4. Thus, insufficient pRb results in failure of myogenesis in vivo, manifest in two ways...
- Defining the regulatory networks for muscle developmentJ D Molkentin
Hamon Center for Basic Research in Cancer, University of Texas, Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, 75235 9148, USA
Curr Opin Genet Dev 6:445-53. 1996..The myogenic basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) factors - MyoD, myogenin, Myf5, and MRF4 - act at multiple points in the myogenic lineage to establish myoblast identity and to control terminal ..
- Functional redundancy of the muscle-specific transcription factors Myf5 and myogeninY Wang
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Nature 379:823-5. 1996The myogenic basic helix-loop-helix transcription factors, Myf5, MyoD, myogenin and MRF4, play key roles in skeletal muscle development...
- Expression of myogenic factors in denervated chicken breast muscle: isolation of the chicken Myf5 geneO Saitoh
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington 05405
Nucleic Acids Res 21:2503-9. 1993..The chicken Myf5 and MRF4 genes are tandemly located on a single genomic DNA fragment, and the chicken Myf5 gene is organized into at least ..
- Regulation of the mouse desmin gene: transactivated by MyoD, myogenin, MRF4 and Myf5H Li
Department of Cell Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 21:335-43. 1993..Co-transfection of myoD, myogenin, MRF4 and Myf5, with the desmin-CAT construct into 10T-1/2 cells demonstrated that all these factors could transactivate ..
- An E box in the desmin promoter cooperates with the E box and MEF-2 sites of a distal enhancer to direct muscle-specific transcriptionH Li
Department of Cell Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030
EMBO J 13:3580-9. 1994..Its inactivation diminishes the transactivation by these factors; MRF4 and Myf5, however, can still partially function, possibly by using the distal E2 box.
- Inactivation of the myogenic bHLH gene MRF4 results in up-regulation of myogenin and rib anomaliesW Zhang
Department of Biochemistry, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
Genes Dev 9:1388-99. 1995The myogenic basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) proteins MyoD, myf5, myogenin, and MRF4 can initiate myogenesis when expressed in nonmuscle cells...
- Disruption of the mouse MRF4 gene identifies multiple waves of myogenesis in the myotomeA Patapoutian
Division of Biology 156 29, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena 91125, USA
Development 121:3347-58. 1995b>MRF4 (herculin/Myf-6) is one of the four member MyoD family of transcription factors identified by their ability to enforce skeletal muscle differentiation upon a wide variety of nonmuscle cell types...
- Temporal and quantitative analysis of myogenic regulatory and growth factor gene expression in the developing mouse embryoK Hannon
Department of Biotechnology Research, Lilly Research Laboratories, Indianapolis, Indiana 46285
Dev Biol 151:137-44. 1992..chain reaction method, the temporal pattern of expression of the myogenic regulatory genes (myf5, myogenin, MRF4, myo D) was quantitated in developing mouse muscle (whole embryo: 6.5 to 12...
- Myogenin is in an evolutionarily conserved linkage group on human chromosome 1q31-q41 and unlinked to other mapped muscle regulatory factor genesE Olson
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030
Genomics 8:427-34. 1990..The results verify the nonlinkage of MYOG to MYOD1, MYF5, and MYF6 genes and indicate that events associated with the duplication of MYOG with respect to MYOD1, MYF5, or MYF6 loci ..
- The four human muscle regulatory helix-loop-helix proteins Myf3-Myf6 exhibit similar hetero-dimerization and DNA binding propertiesT Braun
Department of Toxicology, Medical School, University of Hamburg, FRG
Nucleic Acids Res 19:5645-51. 1991The muscle regulatory proteins Myf3, Myf4, Myf5, and Myf6 share a highly conserved DNA binding and dimerization domain consisting of a cluster of basic amino acids and a potential helix-loop-helix structure...
- Expression of the muscle regulatory factor MRF4 during somite and skeletal myofiber developmentT J Hinterberger
Department of Biological Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907
Dev Biol 147:144-56. 1991The muscle regulatory factors MRF4, myogenin, myf-5, and MyoD constitute a family of proteins that can function as muscle-specific transcriptional activators...
- Thoracic skeletal defects in myogenin- and MRF4-deficient mice correlate with early defects in myotome and intercostal musculatureJ L Vivian
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and Graduate Program in Genes and Development, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77050, USA
Dev Biol 224:29-41. 2000Myogenin and MRF4 are skeletal muscle-specific bHLH transcription factors critical for muscle development...
- Regulation and functions of myogenic regulatory factors in lower vertebratesP Y Rescan
Scribe INRA, Campus de Beaulieu, 35042, Rennes, France
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 130:1-12. 2001..Four members, MyoD, myogenin, myf5 and MRF4/herculin/myf6, have been identified in higher vertebrates and have been shown to exhibit distinct but overlapping functions...
- Six1 and Six4 homeoproteins are required for Pax3 and Mrf expression during myogenesis in the mouse embryoRaphaelle Grifone
Departement Genetique, Developpement et Pathologie Moleculaire, Institut Cochin INSERM 567, CNRS UMR 8104, Universite Paris V, 24 Rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques 75014 Paris, France
Development 132:2235-49. 2005..myotome, absence of Six1 and Six4 impairs the expression of the myogenic regulatory factors myogenin and Myod1, and Mrf4 expression becomes undetectable...
- Response of human rhabdomyosarcoma cell lines to retinoic acid: relationship with induction of differentiation and retinoic acid sensitivityStéphanie Ricaud
INRA, UMR 866 Différenciation cellulaire et croissance, 34060 Montpellier Cedex 1, France
Exp Cell Res 311:192-204. 2005..Activation of RD cell differentiation by ectopic MRF4 expression enhanced RA-receptor activity and led to RA induction of differentiation...
- Cultured interstitial cells from human heart valves express both specific skeletal muscle and non-muscle markersNigel J Brand
National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London, Heart Science Centre, Harefield UB9 6JH, UK
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 38:30-42. 2006..proteins and the skeletal muscle transcription factor myogenin, but not the related factors MyoD, myf-5 and MRF4, suggesting partial activation of the muscle programme in these cells...
- Genetic and epigenetic control of skeletal muscle developmentBeate Brand-Saberi
Institut für Anatomie und Zellbiologie II, Albert Ludwigs Universitat Freiburg, Albertstrasse 17, 79104 Freiburg, Germany
Ann Anat 187:199-207. 2005..mRNAs for Muscle Regulatory Factors (MRFs) of the bHLH-family of transcription factors: MyoD, Myf5, Myogenin and MRF4. These factors are specific for developing skeletal muscle and their identification belongs to the great ..
- FUNCTIONAL ANALYSIS OF MRF4 ACTIVITY DURING MYOGENESISSTEPHEN KONIECZNY; Fiscal Year: 1993The primary goal of this proposal is to characterize the muscle regulatory factor MRF4 and determine how it functions in establishing and maintaining stable muscle cell lineages...
- BASIS OF PAX3-FKHR ONCOGENESIS IN RHABDOMYOSARCOMAChiayeng Wang; Fiscal Year: 2010..PAX3-FKHR, with an emphasis on the dysregulated Myogenin/MEF2C activity in promoting muscle specific genes such as Myf6. Studies outlined in Aims 2 and 3 will provide a molecular basis for the uncontrolled growth and differentiation ..
- BASIS OF PAX3-FKHR ONCOGENESIS IN RHABDOMYOSARCOMAChiayeng Wang; Fiscal Year: 2009..PAX3-FKHR, with an emphasis on the dysregulated Myogenin/MEF2C activity in promoting muscle specific genes such as Myf6. Studies outlined in Aims 2 and 3 will provide a molecular basis for the uncontrolled growth and differentiation ..
- REGULATION OF SODIUM CHANNEL GENE EXPRESSIONSusan Kraner; Fiscal Year: 2005..Previous work indicates that the myogenic basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) proteins myogenin and MRF4 recruit other novel TFs, including both a transrepressor and a transactivator, in regulating SkM 1 expression...
- Role of CD164 in Skeletal MyogenesisROBERT KRAUSS; Fiscal Year: 2007..These experiments will provide information critical to molecular and genetic understanding of CD164's role in myogenesis. This research should therefore shed light on fundamental processes by which skeletal muscles develop. ..
- Id2 REGULATION OF MUSCLE HYPERTROPHY IN AGINGSTEPHEN ALWAY; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Apoptosis in Laminin alpha2-Deficient Muscle PathologyJANICE DOMINOV; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- THE ROLE OF CDO IN MYOGENIC DIFFERENTIATIONROBERT KRAUSS; Fiscal Year: 2009..This research should shed light on fundamental processes by which skeletal muscles develop and therefore advance potential strategies for improved treatment of skeletal muscle diseases. ..
- Gene-Environment Interaction in Holoprosencephaly: Role of Fetal Alcohol ExposureROBERT KRAUSS; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such information may have important public health impact and could ultimately aid in the counseling of HPE mutation carriers. ..
- Weight-loss, Exercise, and Oxidative Capacity in ObesityMatthew Harber; Fiscal Year: 2005..lean subjects. The obese women will then be reevaluated following 12% weight loss (through diet only or diet plus exercise) to examine the influence of weight-loss with or without exercise on these parameters. ..
- Enhancement of Myoblast Chemotactic MigrationJANICE DOMINOV; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- IDENTIFYING NEWT GENES THAT REGULATE CELLULAR PLASTICITYSHANNON ODELBERG; Fiscal Year: 2004..Using these methods, we expect to identify newt genes that function in regulating cellular plasticity in mammalian cells. Identifying these genes would have important implication for the future of regenerative medicine. ..
- Mice That Lack CDO: A Model for Mild HoloprosencephalyROBERT KRAUSS; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- THE ROLE OF CDO IN MYOGENIC DIFFERENTIATIONROBERT KRAUSS; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed work will provide information critical to a molecular understanding of CDO's role in myogenesis and should therefore shed light on fundamental processes by which skeletal muscles develop. ..