Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: myeloperoxidase
Publications233 found, 100 shown here
- [Disturbed neutrophil activation in pneumonia during medicinal immunosuppression]J Braun
Medizinische Klinik II,
Pneumologie 51:1037-42. 1997..In addition to the cell differential the BALF concentrations of the neutrophil degranulation products myeloperoxidase (MPO) and lactoferrin were determined using immunoluminometric assays...
- Role of mitogen-activated protein kinases in activation of human neutrophils by antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibodiesR Kettritz
Franz Volhard Clinic and Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine, Medical Faculty of the Charite, Humboldt University of Berlin, Germany
J Am Soc Nephrol 12:37-46. 2001..TNF-alpha-primed neutrophils were stimulated with monoclonal antibodies (MAb) to human myeloperoxidase (MPO) and proteinase 3 (PR3), and with preparations of human ANCA (three patients with PR3-ANCA and two ..
- Immunohistochemical detection of hypochlorite-modified proteins in glomeruli of human membranous glomerulonephritisHermann Josef Grone
Department of Cellular and Molecular Pathology, German Cancer Research Center DKFZ, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Lab Invest 82:5-14. 2002..the nature of the in vivo oxidants has not been clearly identified, increasing evidence suggested the myeloperoxidase (MPO)-H(2)O(2)-halide system to be responsible for the damage observed in leukocyte-dependent ..
- Myeloperoxidase G-463A polymorphism and Alzheimer's disease in the ApoEurope studyBrigitte Leininger-Muller
INSERM Unite 525, Centre de Médecine Préventive and Faculté de Pharmacie, Nancy, France
Neurosci Lett 349:95-8. 2003..A polymorphism in the myeloperoxidase gene (MPO) has previously been associated with AD susceptibility...
- The effects of high-intensity exercise on skeletal muscle neutrophil myeloperoxidase in untrained and trained ratsVladimir I Morozov
Department of Biochemistry, Research Institute of Physical Culture, Dynamo Ave 2, St Petersburg 197110, Russia
Eur J Appl Physiol 97:716-22. 2006..Neutrophil enzyme myeloperoxidase (MPO) was determined as a measure of neutrophil migration into muscles and blood neutrophil degranulation...
- The MPO -463G>A polymorphism and cancer risk: a meta-analysis based on 43 case-control studiesHaiyan Chu
Key Laboratory of Reproductive Medicine, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China
Mutagenesis 25:389-95. 2010b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO) is an endogenous oxidant enzyme that generates reactive oxygen species and plays an important role in the aetiology of cancer...
- Elevated plasma free fatty acids increase cardiovascular risk by inducing plasma biomarkers of endothelial activation, myeloperoxidase and PAI-1 in healthy subjectsManoj Mathew
Diabetes Division, Department of Medicine, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, Texas 78229, USA
Cardiovasc Diabetol 9:9. 2010..We examined the contribution of FFA to these abnormalities following a 48-hour physiological increase in plasma FFA to levels of obesity and diabetes in a group of healthy subjects...
- Oxidative stress and myeloperoxidase activity during bacterial meningitis: effects of febrile episodes and the BBB permeabilityDijana Miric
Institute of Biochemistry, Medical Faculty Pristina Kosovska Mirtovica, Anri Dinana bb, 38220, Kosovska Mitrovica, Serbia
Clin Biochem 43:246-52. 2010To investigate participation of extracellular myeloperoxidase (MPO) in oxidative stress during different courses of the bacterial meningitis (BM).
- Polymorphisms in genes involved in xenobiotic metabolism and lung cancer risk under the age of 60 years. A pooled study of lung cancer patients in Denmark and NorwayHalla Skuladottir
Institute of Cancer Epidemiology, Danish Cancer Society, Strandboulevarden 49, 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Lung Cancer 48:187-99. 2005..The effect modification was generally strongest at lower levels of smoking...
- Myeloperoxidase inactivates TIMP-1 by oxidizing its N-terminal cysteine residue: an oxidative mechanism for regulating proteolysis during inflammationYi Wang
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Biol Chem 282:31826-34. 2007..the interaction of TIMPs with MMPs might involve hypochlorous acid (HOCl), a potent oxidant produced by the myeloperoxidase (MPO) system of phagocytes...
- A comprehensive analysis of phase I and phase II metabolism gene polymorphisms and risk of non-small cell lung cancer in smokersShanbeh Zienolddiny
Section of Toxicology, Department of Biological and Chemical Work Environment, National Institute of Occupational Health N 0033, Oslo, Norway
Carcinogenesis 29:1164-9. 2008..However, only four of the previously reported associations with polymorphisms in the GSTP1 (Ala14Val), SOD2 (Val16Ala), EPHX1 (His139Arg) genes and the NAT1 fast acetylator phenotype remained significantly associated with lung cancer...
- Increased hepatic myeloperoxidase activity in obese subjects with nonalcoholic steatohepatitisSander S Rensen
Department of Surgery, Maastricht University Medical Centre, PO Box 616, Maastricht 6200 MD, The Netherlands
Am J Pathol 175:1473-82. 2009..b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO) is an important neutrophil enzyme that can generate aggressive oxidants; therefore, we studied the ..
- A myeloperoxidase polymorphism associated with reduced risk of lung cancerMatthew B Schabath
Department of Epidemiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Box 189, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Lung Cancer 37:35-40. 2002b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO) is a metabolic/oxidative enzyme found in neutrophils and monocytes that contributes to pulmonary carcinogenesis through activation of specific procarcinogens including benzo[a]pyrene intermediates, 4-aminobiphenyl ..
- Myeloperoxidase mediates cell adhesion via the alpha M beta 2 integrin (Mac-1, CD11b/CD18)M W Johansson
Department of Physiological Botany, University of Uppsala, Villavagen 6, Sweden
J Cell Sci 110:1133-9. 1997b>Myeloperoxidase is a leukocyte component able to generate potent microbicidal substances. A homologous invertebrate blood cell protein, peroxinectin, is not only a peroxidase but also a cell adhesion ligand...
- A prospective study of genetic polymorphism in MPO, antioxidant status, and breast cancer riskChunyan He
Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 113:585-94. 2009Oxidative stress may be involved in breast carcinogenesis. Myeloperoxidase (MPO) is an endogenous oxidant enzyme that generates reactive oxygen species (ROS)...
- Genetic variants of myeloperoxidase and catechol-O-methyltransferase and breast cancer riskS C Lin
School of Public Health, National Defense Medical Center, No 161, Section 6 Min Chuan East Road, Taipei 114, Taiwan, Republic of China
Eur J Cancer Prev 14:257-61. 2005This nested case-control study evaluated the role of polymorphisms in the myeloperoxidase (MPO) and catechol-O-methyltransferase (COMT) genes that modulate oxidative stress in breast cancer risk in a Chinese population...
- Pathogenic role of myeloperoxidase in acute pancreatitisSerge Chooklin
Department of Surgery, Medical University, Lviv, Ukraine
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 8:627-31. 2009b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO) has been implicated in promoting tissue damage in various inflammatory diseases. However, MPO blood levels in relation to the severity of acute pancreatitis (AP) and its time-course have not been studied...
- Variation in the promoter region of the myeloperoxidase gene is not directly related to lung cancer risk among male smokers in FinlandR R Misra
Cancer Prevention Studies Branch, Division of Clinical Sciences, National Cancer Institute, 6006 Executive Boulevard, Suite 321, Bethesda, MD 20892 7058, USA
Cancer Lett 164:161-7. 2001In order to examine whether a polymorphism in the promoter region of the myeloperoxidase (MPO) gene is associated with lung cancer among male smokers, we conducted a case-control study nested within a Finnish clinical trial cohort...
- Myeloperoxidase genotypes and enhanced efficacy of chemotherapy for early-stage breast cancer in SWOG-8897Christine B Ambrosone
Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Department of Cancer Prevention and Control, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:4973-9. 2009b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO) generates reactive oxygen species and also activates xenobiotics...
- Oxidative stress-related genotypes, fruit and vegetable consumption and breast cancer riskYulin Li
Department of Cancer Prevention and Control, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Elm and Carlton Streets, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Carcinogenesis 30:777-84. 2009..Genetic variations in catalase (CAT) (C-262T), myeloperoxidase (MPO) (G-463A), endothelial nitric oxide synthase (NOS3) (G894T) and heme oxygenase-1 (HO-1) [(GT)(n) ..
- Point: myeloperoxidase -463G --> a polymorphism and lung cancer riskAnne Feyler
Unit of Cancer Epidemiology INSERM U521, Gustave Roussy Institute, 94805 Villejuif, France
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 11:1550-4. 2002b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO) is released from neutrophils in lung tissue in response to exposure to various pulmonary insults, including tobacco smoking...
- CYP1B1, CYP1A1, MPO, and GSTP1 polymorphisms and lung cancer risk in never-smoking Korean womenKyong Ah Yoon
Research Institute and Hospital, National Cancer Center, Goyang, Gyeonggi, South Korea
Lung Cancer 60:40-6. 2008....
- Polymorphisms in DNA repair genes, chromosome aberrations, and lung cancerCarsten Harms
Center of Environmental Research and Technology, Laboratory of Bioanalytic, UFT, University of Bremen, Bremen, Germany
Environ Mol Mutagen 44:74-82. 2004..The observation that patients had significantly increased CA frequencies compared with controls, irrespective of genotype, suggests that patients have additional factors that contribute to the development of lung cancer...
- Myeloperoxidase -463 (G-->A) polymorphism associated with lower risk of lung cancerOrhun H Kantarci
Department of Neurology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn 55905, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 77:17-22. 2002To study the association of the myeloperoxidase (MPO) -463 (G-->A) polymorphism with lung cancer risk.
- Myeloperoxidase G-463A polymorphism and risk of lung and prostate cancer in a Turkish populationSerdal Arslan
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Faculty of Science, Cumhuriyet University, 58140 Sivas, Turkey
Mol Med Rep 4:87-92. 2011b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO) is a phase I enzyme that can bioactivate many specific procarcinogens, including polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and aromatic amines...
- Myeloperoxidase -463G>A polymorphism and risk of primary lung cancer in a Korean populationJae Hyung Park
Department of Internal Medicine, Kyungpook National University Hospital, Samduk 2Ga 50, Daegu 700 412, South Korea
Cancer Detect Prev 30:257-61. 2006b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO) contributes to pulmonary carcinogenesis through activation of a wide range of tobacco smoke procarcinogens, including benzo[a]pyrene and aromatic amines...
- Increased myeloperoxidase and lipid peroxide-modified protein in gynecological malignanciesM Song
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Emory University, School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Antioxid Redox Signal 3:1139-46. 2001..In this study, we measured the levels of myeloperoxidase (MPO), an enzyme associated with oxidation and autoantibodies to lipid peroxide-modified protein (LOOH-RSA), ..
- [A meta analysis on the relationship between myeloperoxidase G-463A genetic polymorphisms and lung cancer susceptibility]Feng Hua
Tianjin Key Laboratory of Lung Cancer Metastasis and Tumor Microenviroment, Tianjin Lung Cancer Institute, Tianjin Medical University General Hospital, Tianjin 300052, China
Zhongguo Fei Ai Za Zhi 13:122-7. 2010The relationship between myeloperoxidase G-463A genetic polymorphisms and lung cancer susceptibility has been studied extensively. However, the outcomes are not consistent...
- Functional polymorphism of the myeloperoxidase gene in hypertensive nephrosclerosis dialysis patientsKent Doi
Department of Nephrology and Endocrinology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Hypertens Res 30:1193-8. 2007b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO) may play an important role not only in host defense reactions but also in local inflammations, especially in atherosclerotic diseases such as hypertensive nephrosclerosis (HN)...
- Chromosomal gene structure of human myeloperoxidase and regulation of its expression by granulocyte colony-stimulating factorK Morishita
Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Japan
J Biol Chem 262:15208-13. 1987By using the full-length cDNA as a probe, the chromosomal gene for human myeloperoxidase was isolated from a human gene library...
- Myeloperoxidase and paraoxonase-1 in type 2 diabetic patientsF R Jornayvaz
Service of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Nutrition, Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Geneva University, Geneva, Switzerland
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 19:613-9. 2009Reduced high density lipoproteins (HDL) and increased oxidative stress are features of type 2 diabetes. Myeloperoxidase is an oxidative enzyme partly associated with HDL and causing HDL dysfunction...
- Enzyme levels and G-463A polymorphism of myeloperoxidase in chronic lymphocytic leukemia and multiple myelomaEyup Ilker Saygili
Vocational School of Higher Education for Health Services, Faculty of Medicine, Gaziantep University, Gaziantep, Turkey
Leuk Lymphoma 50:2030-7. 2009The aim of this study was to investigate how myeloperoxidase (MPO) G-463A gene polymorphism and enzyme levels varied among patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) and multiple myeloma (MM) and to find the relationship between ..
- Myeloperoxidase genotype, fruit and vegetable consumption, and breast cancer riskJiyoung Ahn
Department of Epidemiology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York, USA
Cancer Res 64:7634-9. 2004b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO), an antimicrobial enzyme in the breast, generates reactive oxygen species (ROS) endogenously...
- Relationships between polymorphisms in NOS3 and MPO genes, cigarette smoking and risk of post-menopausal breast cancerJun Yang
Department of Cancer Prevention and Control, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Carcinogenesis 28:1247-53. 2007NOS3 and MPO genes encode endothelial nitric oxide synthase and myeloperoxidase (MPO), respectively, which generate nitric oxide and reactive oxygen species...
- Elevated levels of myeloperoxidase, white blood cell count and 3-chlorotyrosine in Taiwanese patients with acute myocardial infarctionMei Ling Cheng
Graduate Institute of Medical Biotechnology and Department of Medical Biotechnology and Laboratory Science, Chang Gung University, Kwei San, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
Clin Biochem 41:554-60. 2008..risk factor for acute myocardial infarction (AMI), is associated with leukocytic activation, secretion of myeloperoxidase (MPO) and generation of the oxidative damage marker, 3-chlorotyrosine (3-Cl-Tyr)...
- Myeloperoxidase-dependent caspase-3 activation and apoptosis in HL-60 cells: protection by the antioxidants ascorbate and (dihydro)lipoic acidMelinda C Myzak
Linus Pauling Institute, Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon 97331 6512, USA
Redox Rep 7:47-53. 2002The heme enzyme myeloperoxidase (MPO) has recently been implicated in hydrogen peroxide H(2)O(2)-induced apoptosis of HL-60 human leukemia cells...
- X-ray crystal structure of canine myeloperoxidase at 3 A resolutionJ Zeng
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Miami Medical School, FL 33101
J Mol Biol 226:185-207. 1992The three-dimensional structure of the enzyme myeloperoxidase has been determined by X-ray crystallography to 3 A resolution...
- Myeloperoxidase: new polymorphisms and relation with lung cancer riskIsabelle Chevrier
UMRS INSERM 490, Molecular Toxicology, Faculté des Saints Pères, Paris, France
Pharmacogenetics 13:729-39. 2003b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO) is an haemoprotein that metabolizes tobacco smoke procarcinogens such as benzo(a)pyrene and aromatic amines into highly reactive intermediates...
- Unique autolytic cleavage of human myeloperoxidase. Implications for the involvement of active site MET409K L Taylor
Department of Biochemistry, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322 3050
J Biol Chem 267:25282-8. 1992b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO) is a functionally important component of the normal human neutrophil host defense system...
- Glycosylation pattern of mature dimeric leukocyte and recombinant monomeric myeloperoxidase: glycosylation is required for optimal enzymatic activityPierre Van Antwerpen
Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Chemistry and the Analytical Platform of Institute of Pharmacy, UniversitéLibre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
J Biol Chem 285:16351-9. 2010The involvement of myeloperoxidase (MPO) in various inflammatory conditions has been the scope of many recent studies...
- Killing activity of neutrophils is mediated through activation of proteases by K+ fluxEmer P Reeves
Centre for Molecular Medicine, University College London, 5 University Street, London WC1E 6JJ, UK
Nature 416:291-7. 2002..by subjecting them to high concentrations of highly toxic reactive oxygen species (ROS) and bringing about myeloperoxidase-catalysed halogenation...
- Arterial stiffness, carotid artery intima-media thickness and plasma myeloperoxidase level in children with type 1 diabetesKaire Heilman
Department of Paediatrics, University of Tartu, Tartu, Estonia
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 84:168-73. 2009The present study investigated the functional-structural changes of the arteries along with a new biochemical marker of atherosclerosis, plasma myeloperoxidase level, in children with type 1 diabetes (T1DM).
- Human myeloperoxidase: structure of a cyanide complex and its interaction with bromide and thiocyanate substrates at 1.9 A resolutionM Blair-Johnson
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33101, USA
Biochemistry 40:13990-7. 2001The 1.9 A X-ray crystal structure of human myeloperoxidase complexed with cyanide (R = 0.175, R(free) = 0...
- Myeloperoxidase genetic polymorphisms modulate human neutrophil enzyme activity: genetic determinants for atherosclerosis?Isabelle Chevrier
Universite Paris Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, INSERM UMRS 490, 45 Rue des Saints Peres, 75270 Paris Cedex 06, France
Atherosclerosis 188:150-4. 2006b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO), an abundant leukocyte hemoprotein has been linked to atherosclerosis and cardiovascular disease. We previously found new genetic polymorphisms in MPO gene...
- X-ray crystal structure and characterization of halide-binding sites of human myeloperoxidase at 1.8 A resolutionT J Fiedler
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Miami Medical School, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
J Biol Chem 275:11964-71. 2000The x-ray crystal structure of human myeloperoxidase has been extended to 1.8 A resolution, using x-ray data recorded at -180 degrees C (r = 0.197, free r = 0.239)...
- Myeloperoxidase and superoxide dismutase 2 polymorphisms comodulate the risk of hepatocellular carcinoma and death in alcoholic cirrhosisPierre Nahon
Service d Hepatologie, Hopital Jean Verdier, AP HP, Bondy, France
Hepatology 50:1484-93. 2009..formation in hepatocyte mitochondria and by reduced nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate oxidases and myeloperoxidase (MPO) in Kupffer cells and liver-infiltrating neutrophils...
- Myeloperoxidase enhances nitric oxide catabolism during myocardial ischemia and reperfusionStephan Baldus
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Free Radic Biol Med 37:902-11. 2004..Whereas myeloperoxidase (MPO), a highly abundant, PMN-derived heme protein facilitates oxidative NO consumption and impairs vascular ..
- Polymorphisms in genes related to oxidative stress (MPO, MnSOD, CAT) and survival after treatment for breast cancerChristine B Ambrosone
Department of Epidemiology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Elm and Carlton Streets, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Cancer Res 65:1105-11. 2005..dismutase catalyzes conversion of superoxide radicals to H(2)O(2), with catalase neutralizing H(2)O(2) and myeloperoxidase converting H(2)O(2) to highly reactive hypochlorous acid, we hypothesized that gene variants could impact the ..
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma ligands regulate myeloperoxidase expression in macrophages by an estrogen-dependent mechanism involving the -463GA promoter polymorphismAlan P Kumar
Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center, San Diego, California 92121, USA
J Biol Chem 279:8300-15. 2004A functional myeloperoxidase (MPO) promoter polymorphism, -463GA, has been associated with incidence or severity of inflammatory diseases, including atherosclerosis and Alzheimer's disease, and some cancers...
- A genotypic association implicates myeloperoxidase in the progression of hepatic fibrosis in chronic hepatitis C virus infectionW F Reynolds
Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Genes Immun 3:345-9. 2002..cells heavily represented in the inflammatory cell response, contain the oxidant generating enzyme myeloperoxidase (MPO)...
- Counterpoint: the myeloperoxidase -463G-->a polymorphism does not decrease lung cancer susceptibility in CaucasiansLi Lian Xu
Occupational Health Program, Department of Environmental Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 11:1555-9. 2002The myeloperoxidase (MPO) G-to-A substitution polymorphism in the promoter region of the MPO gene has been associated with a 40-70% reduction in lung cancer risk in several studies, although a recent nested case-control study disputes ..
- Association between asbestos exposure, cigarette smoking, myeloperoxidase (MPO) genotypes, and lung cancer riskMatthew B Schabath
Department of Epidemiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Holcombe Blvd, Houston, Texas 77303, USA
Am J Ind Med 42:29-37. 2002As observed in tobacco-associated carcinogenesis, genetic factors such as the polymorphic metabolic/oxidative enzyme myeloperoxidase (MPO) could modulate individual susceptibility to asbestos-associated carcinogenesis.
- Myeloperoxidase (MPO) genotype and lung cancer histologic types: the MPO -463 A allele is associated with reduced risk for small cell lung cancer in smokersHeike Dally
Division of Toxicology and Cancer Risk Factors, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Int J Cancer 102:530-5. 2002..We confirm that the MPO -463 A variant affords a protective effect against lung cancer risk in smokers, which was strongest for SCLC patients...
- Myeloperoxidase serum levels predict risk in patients with acute coronary syndromesStephan Baldus
University of Hamburg, Department of Cardiology, Martinistrasse 52, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Circulation 108:1440-5. 2003..b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO), a hemoprotein abundantly expressed by PMNs and secreted during activation, possesses potent ..
- Genetic variants in SOD2, MPO, and NQO1, and risk of ovarian cancerS H Olson
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Gynecol Oncol 93:615-20. 2004..Since the genes superoxide dismutase (SOD2), myeloperoxidase (MPO), and NAD(P)H:quinone oxidoreductase 1 (NQO1) are involved in inflammation and oxidative stress, we ..
- Myeloperoxidase (MPO) -463G->A reduces MPO activity and DNA adduct levels in bronchoalveolar lavages of smokersFrederik J Van Schooten
Department of Health Risk Analysis and Toxicology, Maastricht University, P O Box 616, 6200 MD, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 13:828-33. 2004The myeloperoxidase (MPO) -463G-->A genetic polymorphism is associated with a reduced risk for lung cancer, but the underlying mechanism is not yet elucidated...
- Gender and smoking-related risk reduction of periodontal disease with variant myeloperoxidase allelesP Meisel
Department of Pharmacology, Ernst Moritz Arndt University Greifswald, Germany
Genes Immun 3:102-6. 2002b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO) is an oxidative enzyme expressed in polymorphonuclear leukocytes. It is involved in the defence against periodontal bacteria, and is also able to mediate inflammatory tissue destruction in periodontal disease...
- Increased risk for Alzheimer disease with the interaction of MPO and A2M polymorphismsMario Zappia
Institute of Neurology, University Magna Graecia, Catanzaro, Italy
Arch Neurol 61:341-4. 2004The genes encoding myeloperoxidase (MPO) and alpha(2)-macroglobulin (A2M) are involved in molecular pathways leading to beta-amyloid deposition...
- MPO and APOEepsilon4 polymorphisms interact to increase risk for AD in Finnish malesW F Reynolds
Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Neurology 55:1284-90. 2000b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO) is present in senile plaques and surrounding reactive microglia, but not in normal brain parenchyma. MPO in plaques is highest in APOE epsilon4 carriers, suggesting a functional interaction...
- Myeloperoxidase polymorphism related to cardiovascular events in coronary artery diseaseFolkert W Asselbergs
Am J Med 116:429-30. 2004
- Genetic polymorphisms of MPO, COMT, MnSOD, NQO1, interactions with environmental exposures and bladder cancer riskRayjean J Hung
International Agency of Research on Cancer, Lyon 69008, France
Carcinogenesis 25:973-8. 2004..Several enzymes, which play key roles in oxidative stress are polymorphic in humans. Myeloperoxidase (MPO) produces a strong oxidant for microbicidal activity, and activates carcinogens in tobacco smoke...
- Aberrant expression of myeloperoxidase in astrocytes promotes phospholipid oxidation and memory deficits in a mouse model of Alzheimer diseaseRichard A Maki
Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
J Biol Chem 284:3158-69. 2009b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO) is expressed in Alzheimer disease (AD) but not normal aged brain. A functional -463G/A MPO promoter polymorphism has been associated with AD risk through as yet unidentified mechanisms...
- MPO and SOD2 polymorphisms, gender, and the risk of non-small cell lung carcinomaGeoffrey Liu
Occupational Health Program, Department of Environmental Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Lett 214:69-79. 2004Manganese superoxide dismutase (SOD2) and myeloperoxidase (MPO) are polymorphic enzymes involved in reactive oxidative species metabolism...
- Heparins increase endothelial nitric oxide bioavailability by liberating vessel-immobilized myeloperoxidaseStephan Baldus
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Circulation 113:1871-8. 2006Neutrophils and monocytes are centrally linked to vascular inflammatory disease, and leukocyte-derived myeloperoxidase (MPO) has emerged as an important mechanistic participant in impaired vasomotor function...
- Myeloperoxidase, a leukocyte-derived vascular NO oxidaseJason P Eiserich
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Nephrology, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Science 296:2391-4. 2002b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO) is an abundant mammalian phagocyte hemoprotein thought to primarily mediate host defense reactions...
- Association of the polymorphisms of MTHFR C677T, VDR C352T, and MPO G463A with risk for esophageal squamous cell dysplasia and carcinomaDaqing Li
Qilu Hospital, Shandong University, Jinan, China
Arch Med Res 39:594-600. 2008..samples to evaluate the association of polymorphisms of methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) C677T, vitamin D receptor (VDR) C352T, and myeloperoxidase (MPO) G463A genotypes with esophageal squamous cell dysplasia and carcinoma.
- Association between Alzheimer's disease and a functional polymorphism in the Myeloperoxidase geneF C Crawford
Roskamp Institute and the University of South Florida Memory Disorder Clinic, 3515 East Fletcher Avenue, Tampa, Florida 33613, USA
Exp Neurol 167:456-9. 2001A polymorphism in the Myeloperoxidase gene (MPO) has previously been demonstrated to be associated with gender-specific risk in an Alzheimer's Disease (AD) autopsy sample...
- Association of apolipoprotein E and myeloperoxidase genotypes to clinical course of familial and sporadic multiple sclerosisB Zakrzewska-Pniewska
Department of Neurology, The Medical University of Warsaw, 02 097 Warsaw, Banacha 1a, Str, Poland
Mult Scler 10:266-71. 2004The importance of apolipoprotein E (ApoE) and myeloperoxidase (MPO) genotypes in the clinical characteristics of multiple sclerosis (MS) has been recently emphasized...
- Interrogation of heme pocket environment of mammalian peroxidases with diatomic ligandsH M Abu-Soud
Department of Cell Biology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Biochemistry 40:10747-55. 2001Recent studies demonstrate that myeloperoxidase (MPO), eosinophil peroxidase (EPO), and lactoperoxidase (LPO), homologous members of the mammalian peroxidase superfamily, can all serve as catalysts for generating nitric oxide- (nitrogen ..
- Subcellular distribution of urokinase and urokinase receptor in human neutrophils determined by immunoelectron microscopyT L Pedersen
Department of Pathology, Herlev Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Ultrastruct Pathol 24:175-82. 2000..matrix metalloproteinase type-9 (MMP-9) for gelatinase granules, lactoferrin (LF) for specific granules, and myeloperoxidase (MPO) and neutrophil elastase (NE) for primary granules...
- Biochemical and physiological alterations in canine neutrophils separated by lysis or Percoll gradient isolation technologiesD F Gruber
Experimental Hematology Department, Armed Forces Radiobiology, Research Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20814-5145
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 12:93-104. 1990..Cellular isolation methods did not significantly alter cellular myeloperoxidase (MPO) levels based on comparisons of cellular totals...
- Improved survival and reversal of endothelial dysfunction by the 21-aminosteroid, U-74389G in splanchnic ischaemia-reperfusion injury in the ratF Squadrito
Institute of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of Messina, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 115:395-400. 1995..TNF-alpha), white blood cell (WBC) count, mean arterial blood pressure (MAP), plasma malonyladehyde (MAL); myeloperoxidase activity (MPO) and the responsiveness to acetylcholine (ACh 10 nM-10 microM) of aortic rings were ..
- Ameliorative effects of sodium ferulate on experimental colitis and their mechanisms in ratsWei Guo Dong
Department of Gastroenterology, Renmin Hospital of Wuhan University, 238 Jiefang Road, Wuhan 430060, Hubei Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 9:2533-8. 2003..To investigate the ameliorative effects of sodium ferulate (SF) on acetic acid-induced colitis and their mechanisms in rats...
- Andalusol, a diterpenoid with anti-inflammatory activity from Siderits foetens ClemenA Navarro
, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain
Z Naturforsch C 52:844-9. 1997..Quantitation of the neutrophil specific marker, myeloperoxidase (MPO), demonstrated that its topical anti-inflammatory effect was associated with reduction in neutrophil ..
- [Myeloperoxidase, lactoferrin and elastase in bronchoalveolar lavage and plasma in pneumonia]J Braun
Pneumologie 46:141-7. 1992..bronchoalveolar lavage (BALF) and in plasma, the concentration of the locally produced granulocyte products myeloperoxidase (MPO), lactoferrin (LF) and elastase-alpha 1 proteinase complex (ELA) as well as of the alpha 1 proteinase ..
- Myelopoietin, a chimeric agonist of human interleukin 3 and granulocyte colony-stimulating factor receptors, mobilizes CD34+ cells that rapidly engraft lethally x-irradiated nonhuman primatesT J MacVittie
Greenebaum Cancer Center, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Exp Hematol 27:1557-68. 1999....
- Study of the topical anti-inflammatory activity of Achillea ageratum on chronic and acute inflammation modelsM A Gomez
Departamento de Farmacologia, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad de Sevilla, Spain
Z Naturforsch C 54:937-41. 1999....
- 15-epi-lipoxin A4 inhibits myeloperoxidase signaling and enhances resolution of acute lung injuryDriss El Kebir
Research Center, Maisonneuve Rosemont Hospital, Montreal, Quebec
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 180:311-9. 2009..b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO), abundantly expressed in neutrophils, not only generates cytotoxic oxidants but also signals through ..
- Nitrite enhances neutrophil-induced DNA strand breakage in pulmonary epithelial cells by inhibition of myeloperoxidaseAd M Knaapen
Department of Health Risk Analysis and Toxicology, University of Maastricht, PO Box 616, 6200 MD Maastricht, The Netherlands
Carcinogenesis 26:1642-8. 2005..that nitrite may affect the toxicity of neutrophils, involving an interaction with neutrophil-derived myeloperoxidase (MPO)...
- Contribution of intercellular adhesion molecule 1 (ICAM-1) to the pathogenesis of splanchnic artery occlusion shock in the ratF Squadrito
Institute of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of Messina, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 113:912-6. 1994..serum tumour necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha), white blood cell (WBC) count, mean arterial blood pressure, myeloperoxidase activity (MPO; studied as a quantitative means to assess leukocyte accumulation) and the responsiveness to ..
- Pancreatic phospholipase A2 induces bacterial translocation in ratsH Hongo
First Department of Medicine, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Japan
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 21:717-26. 1999....
- [A case of fluminant septic shock due to Streptococcus agalactiae in a patient with MPO-ANCA related glomerulonephritis]A Tanaka
Department of Nephrology, Saiseikai Nakatsu Hospital, Osaka, Japan
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 70:1186-9. 1996..S. agalactiae was isolated from the blood. Autopsy revealed bilateral bronchopneumonia and shock liver. To our knowledge, this is the first report of septic shock caused by S. agalactiae...
- Circular permutation of the granulocyte colony-stimulating factor receptor agonist domain of myelopoietinC A McWherter
Searle Discovery Research, Monsanto Company, St Louis, Missouri 63198, USA
Biochemistry 38:4564-71. 1999..It was found that circular permutation of the G-CSF domain can alter the ratio of G-CSFR:IL-3R agonist activities, demonstrating that it is a useful tool in engineering chimeric proteins with therapeutic potential...
- Investigation of mechanism(s) of DNA damage induced by 4-monochlorobiphenyl (PCB3) metabolitesWei Xie
Department of Occupational and Environmental Health, University of Iowa, College of Public Health, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Environ Int 36:950-61. 2010..To examine this hypothesis, we employed two cell lines with different myeloperoxidase (MPO) activities, MPO-rich HL-60 and MPO-deficient Jurkat cells, and measured cytotoxicity, DNA damage (COMET ..
- [Study on pathogenetic role of myeloperoxidase, tumor necrosis factor alpha, interferon gamma in chronic airway infection with Pseudomonas aeruginosa]H Takeda
First Department of Internal Medicine, Kyorin University, School of Medicine
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 72:395-409. 1998..aeruginosa...
- [Effects of N-acetylcysteine on mRNA expression of monocyte chemotactic protein and macrophage inflammatory protein 2 in acute necrotizing pancreatitis: experiment with rats]Chun Fang Xu
Department of Gastroenterology, First Affiliated Hospital of Soochow University, Suzhou 215006, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 88:711-5. 2008....
- Healing process induced by a flavonic fraction of Bidens aurea on chronic gastric lesion in rat. Role of angiogenesis and neutrophil inhibitionM Martin Calero
Laboratorio de Farmacologia, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad de Sevilla, Espana
Z Naturforsch C 51:570-7. 1996..b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO) activity was assayed and used as an index of leucocyte infiltration...
- Endocytosis of microperoxidase in the marginal cells of stria vascularisAkinobu Kakigi
Department of Otolaryngology, Kochi Medical School, Nankoku, Kochi 783 8505, Japan
Auris Nasus Larynx 34:39-43. 2007..We investigated the basic properties of endocytosis in the marginal cells of stria vascularis (SV) to discuss whether marginal cells have a potential to maintain the endolymph homeostasis...
- Analysis of MPO-ANCA subtypes in a patient with propylthiouracil-induced vasculitis with multiple complicationsK Ohta
Department of Pediatrics, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa, Ishikawa, Japan
Clin Nephrol 68:315-21. 2007..We report a 16 year-old girl with propylthiouracil (PTU)-induced antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody (ANCA)-positive glomerulonephritis combined with Henoch-Schönlein purpura nephritis (HSPN) and antiphospholipid syndrome (APS)...
- Could honey have a place in colitis therapy? Effects of honey, prednisolone, and disulfiram on inflammation, nitric oxide, and free radical formationY Bilsel
Department of General Surgery, Istanbul Medical Faculty, Istanbul, Turkey
Dig Surg 19:306-11; discussion 311-2. 2002..Another aspect of the study was to find out whether these substances have any effect on nitric oxide (NO) and free radical production...
- Protection of Veratrum nigrum L. var. ussuriense Nakai alkaloids against ischemia-reperfusion injury of the rat liverZhen Zhen Wang
Department of Pharmacology, Dalian Medical University, Dalian 116027, Liaoning Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 13:564-71. 2007..To investigate the protective effects and possible mechanisms of Veratrum nigrum L.var. ussuriense Nakai alkaloids (VnA) on hepatic ischemia/reperfusion (I/R) injury in rats...
- The effects of chronic exposure to ethanol and cigarette smoke on the formation of peroxynitrite, level of nitric oxide, xanthine oxidase and myeloperoxidase activities in rat kidneyYilmaz Cigremis
Department of Biology, Faculty of Art and Science, Kafkas University, 36100, Kars, Turkey
Mol Cell Biochem 291:127-38. 2006..The animals were killed and the kidneys were removed to determine the activity of xanthine oxidase (XO), myeloperoxidase (MPO) and the levels of nitric oxide (NO)...
- Analytical and diagnostic accuracy of the EliA automated enzyme fluoroimmunoassay for antineutrophil cytoplasmic autoantibody detectionDanilo Villalta
Immunologia Clinica e Virologia, Azienda Ospedaliera Santa Maria degli Angeli, Via Montereale 24, 33170 Pordenone, Italy
Clin Chem Lab Med 42:1161-7. 2004Anti-proteinase 3 antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies (PR3-ANCA) and anti-myeloperoxidase antibodies (MPO-ANCA) are considered important serological markers for several forms of idiopathic systemic vasculitis...
- Clinical significance of a myeloperoxidase gene polymorphism and inducible nitric oxide synthase expression in cirrhotic patients with hepatopulmonary syndromeYanying Wang
Department of Gastroenterology, Heilongjiang Provincial Hospital, Harbin, 150036, China
J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci 30:437-42. 2010The clinical significance of a myeloperoxidase (MPO) gene polymorphism and inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) expression in cirrhotic patients with hepatopulmonary syndrome (HPS) was explored...
- Plasma myeloperoxidase, NT-proBNP, and troponin-I in patients on CAPD compared with those on regular hemodialysisAbdulla Al-Hweish
Department of Internal Medicine, King Fahd University Hospital, Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Hemodial Int 14:308-15. 2010b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO) is a hemoprotein that is released during inflammation and may lead to irreversible protein and lipid modification, increasing levels of oxidized low density lipoprotein, and promoting athrogenesis...
- Procainamide, but not N-acetylprocainamide, induces protein free radical formation on myeloperoxidase: a potential mechanism of agranulocytosisArno G Siraki
Laboratory of Pharmacology and Chemistry, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, 111 Alexander Dr, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Chem Res Toxicol 21:1143-53. 2008..Here, we have investigated the metabolism of PA by myeloperoxidase (MPO) and the formation of an MPO protein free radical...
- Aminoglutethimide-induced protein free radical formation on myeloperoxidase: a potential mechanism of agranulocytosisArno G Siraki
Laboratory of Pharmacology and Chemistry, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, 111 Alexander Drive, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Chem Res Toxicol 20:1038-45. 2007..We have investigated the metabolism of AG by myeloperoxidase (MPO) and the formation of an MPO protein free radical...
- Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase controls antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies-induced respiratory burst in human neutrophilsRalph Kettritz
HELIOS Klinikum Berlin, Franz Volhard Clinic, Medical Faculty of the Charite, Humboldt University of Berlin, Wiltbergstrasse 50, 13122 Berlin, Germany
J Am Soc Nephrol 13:1740-9. 2002..TNF-alpha-primed PMN were stimulated with a monoclonal antibody to myeloperoxidase (MPO) and with PR3- and MPO-ANCA, respectively. Akt activation was assessed with phospho-specific antibodies...
- Pulmonary fibrosis in myeloperoxidase antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody-associated vasculitidesSakae Homma
Division of Respiratory Diseases, Toranomon Hospital and Okinaka Memorial Institute for Medical Research, Tokyo, Japan
Respirology 9:190-6. 2004The association of pulmonary fibrosis (PF) with myeloperoxidase antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody (MPO-ANCA)-associated vasculitides has not been well documented...
- Prolonged infections associated with antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies specific to proteinase 3 and myeloperoxidase: diagnostic and therapeutic challengeBranka Bonaci-Nikolic
Institute of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Clinical Center of Serbia, Belgrade, Serbia
Clin Rheumatol 29:893-904. 2010..markers may help in the diagnosis and the prognosis of infections associated with proteinase 3 (PR3) and myeloperoxidase (MPO)-ANCA. In this study (1993-2008)--with an average follow-up of 5...
- A novel peroxidase in vascular endothelium and the development of atherosclerosisGuangjie Cheng; Fiscal Year: 2012..While generally attributed to the phagocyte-specific enzyme myeloperoxidase (MPO), it is unclear whether a peroxidase other than MPO in vascular wall plays a role in atherogenesis...
- Dual Function of VPO1 in Pathogen Recognition and KillingGuangjie Cheng; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Mechanisms and Prevention of Etoposide-Induced LeukemiaJack C Yalowich; Fiscal Year: 2011..Our central hypothesis is that redox cycling of VP-16 initiated by myeloperoxidase (MPO) found prominently in myeloid precursors amplifies the genotoxicity and carcinogenicity of this ..
- Molecular imaging of vascular pathologyJohn W Chen; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Human neutrophils, phospholipase A2 and S.aureus: microbial targets and responsesWilliam M Nauseef; Fiscal Year: 2013..Importantly, hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) produced by PMN is amplified by the PMN granule protein myeloperoxidase (MPO) to generate HOCl (bleach)...
- CFTR Expression and Function in Human NeutrophilsGuoshun Wang; Fiscal Year: 2010..main phagocytes responsible for elimination of pathogens and cell debris, synthesize and maintain abundant myeloperoxidase (MPO)...
- Novel Peptide MPO Inhibitors for Treating AtherosclerosisKirkwood A Pritchard; Fiscal Year: 2012..Summary The long-term goal of this application is to optimize the design of novel, non-toxic inhibitors of myeloperoxidase (MPO) to inhibit atherosclerosis...
- MPO oxidants in synucleinopathiesWanda F Reynolds; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our studies suggest that myeloperoxidase (MPO) is a significant source of oxidants that promote misfolding and aggregation of a-syn, as well as ..
- Angiotensin II, oxidative stress and aneurysm formationNeal L Weintraub; Fiscal Year: 2013..are capable of inducing vascular oxidant stress and potentially contributing to AAA, we hypothesis that myeloperoxidase (MPO) is instrumental in this process...
- Novel mechanisms of niacin to improve HDL function: Role of myeloperoxidaseMoti L Kashyap; Fiscal Year: 2013..to understanding the mechanisms for formation of dysfunctional HDL, evidence points to a role for neutrophils myeloperoxidase (MPO)-generated oxidants as participants in rendering HDL dysfunctional...
- Comparison of Diesel and Biodiesel Emissions and Health Effects in Underground MiJefferey L Burgess; Fiscal Year: 2013..Inflammatory markers and markers of oxidative stress, including interleukin (IL)-6, -8 and -10, myeloperoxidase (MPO), and matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9) will be analyzed in induced sputum...
- Plasmalogen-derived bioactive lipids in atherosclerosisDavid A Ford; Fiscal Year: 2013..Levels of myeloperoxidase (MPO) and MPO-derived products have been shown to be elevated in atherosclerotic tissue and potentially ..
- Prevention of UV-induced carcinogenesis by cyanidin-3-glucosideXianglin Shi; Fiscal Year: 2013..These inflammatory mediators include infiltrating leukocytes and myeloperoxidase (MPO), COX-2, PGE2, and several pro-inflammatory cytokines, TNF-1, IL-2, and IL-6. Specific Aim 4...
- Asthma Increases Vaso-occlusion in Sickle Cell DiseaseKirkwood A Pritchard; Fiscal Year: 2013..of HDL and therefore HDL function and if targeting oxidative stress induced by 1) xanthine oxidase (XO);2) myeloperoxidase (MPO);3) cell free hemoglobin (Hb);and, 4) oxidized lipids prevents oxidation of HDL and other lipoproteins ..
- The role of neutrophil recruitment in arterial diseasesYuqing Huo; Fiscal Year: 2013..mice, mice in which the expression of Cre recombinase and EGFP are driven by the regulatory region of the myeloperoxidase (MPO) gene (MPO-Cre mice)...
- DNA Repair Capacity and Risk of Pre-malignant Lesion in Lung EpitheliumHua Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2009..neutrophils, including induction of oxidative DNA damage through release of reactive oxygen species (ROS) and myeloperoxidase (MPO)-related metabolic activation of chemical carcinogens, is a crucial etiological factor in this ..
- Molecular Imaging Probes for Reporting on Vascular Oxidative ResponseAlexei A Bogdanov; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO, one of the components released by PMNs via triggered exocytosis) is a unique catalytically active ..
- The role of neutrophils in SAHJOSE JAVIER PROVENCIO; Fiscal Year: 2011..This proposal and the educational components included form the basis for Dr. Provencio to develop into an independent physician-scientist. ..
- Characterization of Salmonella typhimurium-induced NET formationJosely F Figueiredo; Fiscal Year: 2013..NET formation involves extracellular release of chromatin and associated proteins, such as elastase and myeloperoxidase (MPO), which are released from primary granules...
- PARP Inhibitor and Redox Catalyst for Ventilatory TraumaPrakash Jagtap; Fiscal Year: 2013..ratio, biochemical markers of redox stress (F2[unreadable]-isoprostane, GSH/GSSG ratio), PMN infiltration (myeloperoxidase;"MPO"), pro-inflammatory protein expression, and immunohistochemical evidence of peroxynitrite-induced 3- ..
- Zebrafish Genetics to Identify Genes Involved in HematopoiesisDHVANIT INDRAVADAN SHAH; Fiscal Year: 2013..The appeal and the potential of future outcomes of this project satisfy the objectives of NIDDK sponsored Mentored Scientist Development Award (K01) mechanism. ..
- CRP, Diabetes, AtherothrombosisIshwarlal Jialal; Fiscal Year: 2010..CRP augments oxidative stress and inflammation in the diabetic milieu will eventually lead to therapies targeted at reducing inflammation and oxidative stress in diabetes and resulting in a decrease in vasculopathies ..
- EPIDEMIOLOGY OF INFANT LEUKEMIAJulie Ross; Fiscal Year: 2007..This study will utilize the unique resources available through the Children's Oncology Group, and include ascertainment of cases over a four-year period (Jan 1, 2003-Dec 31, 2006). ..
- MPO and NO signaling in neointima formationChunxiang Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO) is a leukocyte-derived heme protein...
- Biophysics of HDL DysfunctionMary G Sorci-Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2013..anti- and pro-inflammatory enzymes (paraoxonase [PON1], platelet activating factor acetylhydrolase [PAF-AH], myeloperoxidase [MPO] and xanthine oxidase [XO]) to prevent LDL oxidation;2) or ATP binding cassette (ABC) transporter 1 (..
- ALTERATION WITH AGE OF RESISTANCE TO EYE INFECTIONSLinda D Hazlett; Fiscal Year: 2013..RT-PCR, short interfering RNA (siRNA), as well as plate counts, enzyme linked immunosorbant assay (ELISA), myeloperoxidase assay (MPO) for neutrophil (PMN) quantitation, dual antibody immunostaining, histopathology, and Western ..
- Molecular Imaging to Determine the Risk of Rupture of Cerebral AneurysmsAlexei Bogdanov; Fiscal Year: 2009..Recent epidemiological evidence suggests that the elevated presence of myeloperoxidase (MPO) in blood is an important risk factor for coronary disease and atherosclerotic plaque rupture...
- Myeloperoxidase, imaging biomarker and treatment target for multiple sclerosisJohn W Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO) is a highly oxidizing enzyme abundantly secreted by active macrophages/microglial cells and certain ..
- ANTI-INFLAMMATORY ACTIVITY OF DAPSONEPAULA BOZEMAN; Fiscal Year: 1993..b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO), an enzyme found in the granules of neutrophils and monocytes, catalyzes the oxidation of chloride (Cl-)..
- MYLEOPEROXIDASE AND LEUKOCYTE GRANULE COMPONENTSEDWIN THOMAS; Fiscal Year: 1992Stimulation of neutrophilic leukocytes results in secretion of toxic proteins and the enzyme myeloperoxidase (MPO) from cytoplasmic granules and activates neutrophil oxygen (O2) metabolism, which produces toxic oxidants...
- NEUTROPHIL AUTOANTIBODIES IN VASCULITIS AND NEPHRITISRonald Falk; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- Regulation of Myeloperoxidase Catalysis by Nitric OxideHUSAM ABU SOUD; Fiscal Year: 2004b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO) is abundant hemoprotein present in neutrophils and monocytes which plays an essential role in immune surveillance and host defense mechanisms...
- LIPID PEROXIDATION IN COLORECTAL CANCERManuela Gago Dominguez; Fiscal Year: 2009..1. To conduct a family-based case-control association study of oxidative stress-related genes, including myeloperoxidase (MPO), endothelial cell nitric oxide synthase (ecNOS), manganese superoxide dismutase (MnSOD), selenium-..
- Myeloperoxidase and NO signaling in the vasculatureC White; Fiscal Year: 2004DESCRIPTION (provided by the applicant): The heme protein myeloperoxidase (MPO) plays an important role in the host defense response...
- A TRANSCRIPTIONAL PROGRAM REGULATING MYELOPOIESISAlan Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2004..Myelopoiesis at various levels of C/EBP activity and progenitor fate after various times of C/EBP inhibition will be assessed. ..
- MONOCYTE/MACROPHAGE FREE RADICAL BIOLOGY ASSESSED BY EPRBradley Britigan; Fiscal Year: 1993..Even with iron supplementation, PMN lactoferrin and myeloperoxidase (MPO) release inhibited OH generation...
- OXIDATIVE NEUTROPHIL MICROBICIDAL MECHANISMSHenry Rosen; Fiscal Year: 2000..microbicidal mechanisms of human neutrophils (PMN), especially as they relate to the azurophil granule enzyme myeloperoxidase (MPO)...
- Novel MPO-derived plasma lipids as predictors of major adverse coronary eventsDavid Ford; Fiscal Year: 2009..Elevated plasma myeloperoxidase (MPO) levels have been shown to be a predictor of increased risk of coronary events in patients with acute ..