Genomes and Genes
myelin associated glycoprotein
Gene Symbol: myelin associated glycoprotein
Description: myelin associated glycoprotein
Alias: GMA, S-MAG, SIGLEC-4A, SIGLEC4A, SPG75, myelin-associated glycoprotein, sialic acid binding Ig-like lectin 4A, sialic acid-binding immunoglobulin-like lectin 4A
Products: myelin associated glycoprotein
Publications139 found, 100 shown here
- Wang R, Zhao H, Li J, Duan Y, Fan Z, Tao Z, et al. Erythropoietin attenuates axonal injury after middle cerebral artery occlusion in mice. Neurol Res. 2017;39:545-551 pubmed publisher..05). EPO treatment attenuates axonal injury and improves neurological function after cerebral ischemia in adult mice. ..
- El Rahman H, Salama M, Gad El Hak S, El Harouny M, ElKafrawy P, Abou Donia M. A Panel of Autoantibodies Against Neural Proteins as Peripheral Biomarker for Pesticide-Induced Neurotoxicity. Neurotox Res. 2018;33:316-336 pubmed publisher..These autoantibodies can be used as future diagnostic/therapeutic target for OP-induced neurotoxicity. ..
- Mariotto S, Ferrari S, Monaco S. HCV-related central and peripheral nervous system demyelinating disorders. Inflamm Allergy Drug Targets. 2014;13:299-304 pubmed..The prompt recognition of these atypical and underestimated complications of HCV infection is of crucial importance in deciding which treatment option a patient should be offered. ..
- Tong M, Yu R, Silbermann E, Zabala V, Deochand C, de la Monte S. Differential Contributions of Alcohol and Nicotine-Derived Nitrosamine Ketone (NNK) to White Matter Pathology in the Adolescent Rat Brain. Alcohol Alcohol. 2015;50:680-9 pubmed publisher..Alcohol and tobacco exposures promote ARBD by impairing myelin synthesis, maturation and integrity via distinct but overlapping mechanisms. Public health measures to reduce ARBD should target both alcohol and tobacco abuses. ..
- Momcilovic M, Stamenkovic V, Jovanović M, Andjus P, Jakovcevski I, Schachner M, et al. Tenascin-C deficiency protects mice from experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. J Neuroimmunol. 2017;302:1-6 pubmed publisher..interleukin-17 were observed in spleens of TnC-/- mice challenged by immunization with the myelin associated glycoprotein (MOG) when compared to TnC+/+ mice...
- Wang L, Kennedy T, Almazan G. A novel function of TBK1 as a target of Cdon in oligodendrocyte differentiation and myelination. J Neurochem. 2017;140:451-462 pubmed publisher..Reduced Cdon or TBK1 expression also decreased Akt phosphorylation at Threonine 308 in OLG. Our findings provide evidence that a Cdon-TBK1 complex is associated with Akt phosphorylation and early OLG differentiation. ..
- Cantacorps L, Alfonso Loeches S, Moscoso Castro M, Cuitavi J, Gracia Rubio I, LÃ³pez Arnau R, et al. Maternal alcohol binge drinking induces persistent neuroinflammation associated with myelin damage and behavioural dysfunctions in offspring mice. Neuropharmacology. 2017;123:368-384 pubmed publisher
- Yang L, Guo Y, Huang M, Wu X, Li X, Chen G, et al. Thioredoxin-1 Protects Spinal Cord from Demyelination Induced by Methamphetamine through Suppressing Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress and Inflammation. Front Neurol. 2018;9:49 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that Trx-1 may play a critical role in resisting the METH-mediated demyelination in spinal cord through regulating endoplasmic reticulum stress and inflammation pathways. ..
- Morise J, Takematsu H, Oka S. The role of human natural killer-1 (HNK-1) carbohydrate in neuronal plasticity and disease. Biochim Biophys Acta Gen Subj. 2017;1861:2455-2461 pubmed publisher..The HNK-1 epitope is indispensable for the acquisition of normal neuronal function and can be a good target for the establishment of diagnostic criteria for anti-MAG neuropathy. ..
- Willison H. Glycoconjugates and neuroimmunological diseases. Adv Neurobiol. 2014;9:543-66 pubmed publisher..This chapter describes the immunological, pathological and clinical features of these disorders in the context of our broader knowledge of the glycobiology underpinning this neuroimmunological field. ..
- Castelnovo L, Magnaghi V, Thomas P. Expression of membrane progesterone receptors (mPRs) in rat peripheral glial cell membranes and their potential role in the modulation of cell migration and protein expression. Steroids. 2019;142:6-13 pubmed publisher..In contrast, long-term mPR activation led to increased expression levels of myelin associated glycoprotein (MAG)...
- Kurihara Y, Saito Y, Takei K. Blockade of chondroitin sulfate proteoglycans-induced axonal growth inhibition by LOTUS. Neuroscience. 2017;356:265-274 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that LOTUS suppresses CSPG-induced axon growth inhibition, suggesting that LOTUS may represent a promising therapeutic agent for promoting axon regeneration. ..
- Hashimoto M, Murata K, Ishida J, Kanou A, Kasuya Y, Fukamizu A. Severe Hypomyelination and Developmental Defects Are Caused in Mice Lacking Protein Arginine Methyltransferase 1 (PRMT1) in the Central Nervous System. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:2237-45 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide evidence that PRMT1 is required for CNS development, especially for oligodendrocyte maturation processes. ..
- Juricek L, Carcaud J, Pelhaitre A, Riday T, Chevallier A, Lanzini J, et al. AhR-deficiency as a cause of demyelinating disease and inflammation. Sci Rep. 2017;7:9794 pubmed publisher..It identifies a mechanism by which environmental pollutants might influence CNS myelination and suggest AhR as a relevant drug target for demyelinating diseases. ..
- Kawakami Y, Saito Y, Nakagawa R, Kurihara Y, Takei K. The soluble form of LOTUS inhibits Nogo receptor type 1-mediated signaling induced by B lymphocyte stimulator and chondroitin sulfate proteoglycans. Neurosci Lett. 2018;683:61-68 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that s-LOTUS is a potent therapeutic agent for neuronal regeneration in the CNS injuries. ..
- Li Q, Cheng Y, Bi M, Kang H, Qu Y, Lin H, et al. Effects of N-Butylphthalide on the expressions of Nogo/NgR in rat brain tissue after carbon monoxide poisoning. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2015;39:953-61 pubmed publisher..NBP might inhibit neuronal apoptosis and the EAR, down-regulate the expressions of Nogo and NgR1 proteins (but not MAG), and play a neuro-protective role in brain damage after acute CO poisoning. ..
- Nobile Orazio E, Bianco M, Nozza A. Advances in the Treatment of Paraproteinemic Neuropathy. Curr Treat Options Neurol. 2017;19:43 pubmed publisher..In most instances, however, their efficacy needs to be confirmed in controlled trials. ..
- Goodfellow J, Willison H. Gangliosides and Autoimmune Peripheral Nerve Diseases. Prog Mol Biol Transl Sci. 2018;156:355-382 pubmed publisher..This review will describe the immunological, pathological, and clinical features of these disorders in the context of our broader knowledge of the ganglioside glycobiology of the peripheral nervous system. ..
- Kan Q, Zhang H, Zhang Y, Li X, Xu Y, Thomé R, et al. Matrine Treatment Blocks NogoA-Induced Neural Inhibitory Signaling Pathway in Ongoing Experimental Autoimmune Encephalomyelitis. Mol Neurobiol. 2017;54:8404-8418 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings demonstrate that the beneficial effects of MAT on EAE can be attributed not only to its capacity for immunomodulation, but also to its directly promoting regeneration of the injured CNS. ..
- Ledeen R, Kopitz J, Abad Rodriguez J, Gabius H. Glycan Chains of Gangliosides: Functional Ligands for Tissue Lectins (Siglecs/Galectins). Prog Mol Biol Transl Sci. 2018;156:289-324 pubmed publisher..Thus glycans of gangliosides such as GD1a and GM1 are functional counterreceptors by a pairing with tissue lectins, an emerging aspect of ganglioside and lectin functionality. ..
- StÃ¼bgen J. Autoantibody-Mediated Sensory Polyneuropathy Associated with Indolent B-Cell Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma: A Report of Two Cases. J Clin Neurol. 2015;11:283-6 pubmed publisher..The principle of treating the illness underlying neuropathy may not be always indicated or necessary if risk-benefit and cost-benefit analyses are taken into account. ..
- Mk H, Prince S, Mohan A, Krishnan K, Devi A. Association of Notch4 with metastasis in human oral squamous cell carcinoma. Life Sci. 2016;156:38-46 pubmed publisher..This study therefore investigates (1) the expression of Notch4 and its downstream target, myelin associated glycoprotein (MAG) in tissue samples representative of different stages of OSCC with varied clinicopathological ..
- Le Floch J, Kessler L. Glucose Variability: Comparison of Different Indices During Continuous Glucose Monitoring in Diabetic Patients. J Diabetes Sci Technol. 2016;10:885-91 pubmed publisher..The pairs MAG+MAG/m and GFI+GCF appear to be the most reliable markers of glucose variability in diabetic patients. ..
- Barrantes González A, Jiménez Rocha A, Romero Zúñiga J, Dolz G. Serology, molecular detection and risk factors of Ehrlichia canis infection in dogs in Costa Rica. Ticks Tick Borne Dis. 2016;7:1245-1251 pubmed publisher..canis. Higher prevalences were found outside the Greater Metropolitan Area (GMA). Risk factors associated with E. canis seropositivity were age, between 2 and 7 years (RR: 1.6, 95% CI: 1.2-2...
- Ma S, Xu Q, Deng B, Zheng Y, Tian H, Wang L, et al. Granulocyte and monocyte adsorptive apheresis ameliorates sepsis in rats. Intensive Care Med Exp. 2017;5:18 pubmed publisher..Granulocyte and monocyte adsorptive apheresis (GMA) is an extracorporeal leukocyte apheresis device filled with cellulose acetate beads and selectively adsorbs ..
- Gao S, Gao S, Xu B, Yu H. Effects of Different pH-Values on the Nanomechanical Surface Properties of PEEK and CFR-PEEK Compared to Dental Resin-Based Materials. Materials (Basel). 2015;8:4751-4767 pubmed publisher..PEEK) and a carbon fiber-reinforced PEEK (CFR-PEEK) with 30% short carbon fibers, a dental composite based on Bis-GMA and polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA) under the influence of different pH-values of the oral environment in vitro..
- Fernandez E, Vidal L, Canals A. Hydrophilic magnetic ionic liquid for magnetic headspace single-drop microextraction of chlorobenzenes prior to thermal desorption-gas chromatography-mass spectrometry. Anal Bioanal Chem. 2018;410:4679-4687 pubmed publisher..Relative recoveries varied between 82 and 114% showing negligible matrix effects. Graphical abstract Magnetic headspace single-drop microextraction followed by thermal desorption-gas chromatography-mass spectrometry. ..
- Kovatchev B, Umpierrez G, Digenio A, Zhou R, Inzucchi S. Sensitivity of Traditional and Risk-Based Glycemic Variability Measures to the Effect of Glucose-Lowering Treatment in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. J Diabetes Sci Technol. 2015;9:1227-35 pubmed publisher..During glucose-lowering therapy in T2DM, HBGI and LBGI offer insights into hyperglycemia and trends toward hypoglycemia, respectively; ADRR may be the optimal GV measure responsive to hypo- and hyperglycemic treatment effects. ..
- Gabriel K, Kuechly H, Falchi F, Wosniok W, Hölker F. Resources of dark skies in German climatic health resorts. Int J Biometeorol. 2017;61:11-22 pubmed publisher..In combination with daytime requirements, the resorts provide conditions for a more distinct day-and-night-cycle than non-classified communities. ..
- Lozeron P, Ribrag V, Adams D, Brisset M, Vignon M, Baron M, et al. Is distal motor and/or sensory demyelination a distinctive feature of anti-MAG neuropathy?. J Neurol. 2016;263:1761-70 pubmed publisher..In anti-MAG neuropathy it is mainly found in the median nerve suggesting a frequent nerve compression at wrist. ..
- Rachana K, Manu M, Advirao G. Insulin influenced expression of myelin proteins in diabetic peripheral neuropathy. Neurosci Lett. 2016;629:110-115 pubmed publisher..hormonal variation affects the expression of myelin proteins such as myelin basic protein (MBP) and myelin associated glycoprotein (MAG) in the peripheral nerve...
- Sanossian N, Apibunyopas K, Liebeskind D, Starkman S, Burgos A, Conwit R, et al. Characteristics and Outcomes of Very Elderly Enrolled in a Prehospital Stroke Research Study. Stroke. 2016;47:2737-2741 pubmed..URL: http://www.clinicaltrials.gov. Unique identifier: NCT00059332. ..
- Sokoloff A, Yang Z, Sargolzaei S, Strait K, Krasnopeyev A, Easley K, et al. Magnetic implants in the tongue for assistive technologies: Tests of migration; oromotor function; and tissue response in miniature pigs. Arch Oral Biol. 2017;81:81-89 pubmed publisher..Explantation produced localized fibrosis and limited muscle remodeling. These findings suggest the safety of Ti-mag anterior tongue implants for assistive technologies in humans. ..
- Lu J, About I, Stephan G, Van Landuyt P, Dejou J, Fiocchi M, et al. Histological and biomechanical studies of two bone colonizable cements in rabbits. Bone. 1999;25:41S-45S pubmed..two colonizable bone cements: the first is a partially resorbable bisphenol-alpha-glycidyl methacrylate (Bis-GMA)-based cement (PRC) and the second is a calcium phosphate cement (CPC)...
- Pan J, Zhong L, Li M, Luo Y, Li G. Microwave-Assisted Solvothermal Synthesis of VO2 Hollow Spheres and Their Conversion into V2O5 Hollow Spheres with Improved Lithium Storage Capability. Chemistry. 2016;22:1461-6 pubmed publisher..5â€…mAhg(-1) at a current density of 50 mAg(-1) , and are better than the corresponding solid spheres and nanorod assemblies. ..
- Lyapina M, Dencheva M, Krasteva Panova A, Tzekova Yaneva M, Deliverska M, Kisselova Yaneva A. Concomitant sensitization to glutaraldehyde and methacrylic monomers among dentists and their patients. Med Pr. 2016;67:311-20 pubmed publisher..TEGDMA), ethyleneglycol dimethacrylate (EGDMA), 2,2-bis-[4-(2-hydroxy-3-methacrylo-xypropoxy)phenyl]-propane (Bis-GMA), 2-hydroxy-ethyl methacrylate (2-HEMA) and tetrahydrofurfuryl methacrylate (THFMA)) and glutaraldehyde in students ..
- Azar S, Leventoux N, Ripoll C, Rigau V, Goze C, Lorcy F, et al. Cellular and molecular characterization of IDH1-mutated diffuse low grade gliomas reveals tumor heterogeneity and absence of EGFR/PDGFR? activation. Glia. 2017;: pubmed publisher..The slow proliferation of these tumors may be associated with the absence of activation of PDGFR?/EGFR receptors...
- Giesler M, Karsten G, Ochsendorf F, Breckwoldt J. Conditions for excellence in teaching in medical education: The Frankfurt Model to ensure quality in teaching and learning. GMS J Med Educ. 2017;34:Doc46 pubmed publisher..deductive approach with an experience based, "best evidence" one during the course of two workshops held by the GMA Committee on Personnel and Organizational Development in Academic Teaching (POiL) in Munich (2013) and Frankfurt (..
- Yoshimura N, Yokoyama Y, Matsuoka K, Takahashi H, Iwakiri R, Yamamoto T, et al. An open-label prospective randomized multicenter study of intensive versus weekly granulocyte and monocyte apheresis in active crohn's disease. BMC Gastroenterol. 2015;15:163 pubmed publisherGranulocyte and monocyte adsorptive apheresis (GMA) has shown efficacy in patients with active Crohn's disease (CD). However, with routine weekly therapy, it may take several weeks to achieve remission...
- Adde L, Thomas N, John H, Oommen S, Vågen R, Fjørtoft T, et al. Early motor repertoire in very low birth weight infants in India is associated with motor development at one year. Eur J Paediatr Neurol. 2016;20:918-924 pubmed publisherMost studies on Prechtl's method of assessing General Movements (GMA) in young infants originate in Europe...
- Zhu X, Li K, Guo X, Wang J, Xiang Y. Schwann cell proliferation and differentiation that is induced by ferulic acid through MEK1/ERK1/2 signalling promotes peripheral nerve remyelination following crush injury in rats. Exp Ther Med. 2016;12:1915-1921 pubmed..In conclusion, the current results demonstrate that Schwann cell proliferation and differentiation is induced by FA through MEK1/ERK1/2 signalling and that FA may accelerate injured peripheral nerve remyelination. ..
- Morin C, Rodriguez E, Blier P, Fortin S. Potential Application of Eicosapentaenoic Acid Monoacylglyceride in the Management of Colorectal Cancer. Mar Drugs. 2017;15: pubmed publisher..MAG-EPA may promote apoptosis and inhibit growth of tumors by suppressing EGFR and VEGFR activation pathways. Altogether, these data provide new evidence regarding the mode of action of MAG-EPA in colorectal cancer cells. ..
- Burger D, Pidoux L, Steck A. Identification of the glycosylated sequons of human myelin-associated glycoprotein. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1993;197:457-64 pubmed..Asn332 which was not recovered in the glycopeptide fractions was probably not glycosylated. Furthermore, preliminary data indicate that all MAG glycosylated sequons might bear the L2/HNK-1 epitope. ..
- Ilgaz N, Aydos O, Karadağ A, Taspinar M, Eryılmaz O, Sunguroglu A. Impact of follicle-stimulating hormone receptor variants in female infertility. J Assist Reprod Genet. 2015;32:1659-68 pubmed publisher..The present study was the first study analyzing gma mutation and the polymorphism of the FSHR core promoter at position -29 alone and in combination with the two ..
- Abbadessa A, Blokzijl M, Mouser V, Marica P, Malda J, Hennink W, et al. A thermo-responsive and photo-polymerizable chondroitin sulfate-based hydrogel for 3D printing applications. Carbohydr Polym. 2016;149:163-74 pubmed publisher..CSMA was synthesized by reaction of chondroitin sulfate with glycidyl methacrylate (GMA) in dimethylsulfoxide at 50°C and its degree of methacrylation was tunable up to 48...
- Guo D, Lou C, Zhang P, Zhang J, Wang N, Wu S, et al. Polystyrene-divinylbenzene-glycidyl methacrylate stationary phase grafted with poly (amidoamine) dendrimers for ion chromatography. J Chromatogr A. 2016;1456:113-22 pubmed publisher..The synthesized PAMAM was then grafted to the polystyrene-divinylbenzene-glycidyl methacrylate (PS-GMA) to form PAMAM-based beads...
- Baron M, Lozeron P, Harel S, Bengoufa D, Vignon M, Asli B, et al. Plasma exchanges for severe acute neurological deterioration in patients with IgM anti-myelin-associated glycoprotein (anti-MAG) neuropathy. J Neurol. 2017;264:1132-1135 pubmed publisher..PE allowed a dramatic and rapid neurological improvement in all patients. PE are safe and may be useful at the initial management of these cases of anti-MAG neuropathy. ..
- Elizalde PeÃ±a E, Quintero Ortega I, ZÃ¡rate TriviÃ±o D, NuÃ±o Licona A, Gough J, Sanchez I, et al. (Chitosan-g-glycidyl methacrylate)-xanthan hydrogel implant in Wistar rats for spinal cord regeneration. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2017;78:892-900 pubmed publisher..results of in vivo assays of an implant composed of the hydrogel Chitosan-g-Glycidyl Methacrylate-Xanthan [(CTS-g-GMA)-X] in Wistar rats. Degradation kinetics of hydrogels was assessed by lysozyme assays...
- Li J, Shi Z, Ma B, Zhang P, Jiang X, Xiao Z, et al. Improving the Reactivity of Zerovalent Iron by Taking Advantage of Its Magnetic Memory: Implications for Arsenite Removal. Environ Sci Technol. 2015;49:10581-8 pubmed publisher..e., the remanence kept by Mag-ZVI. ..
- Drlík M, Flögelová H, Martin K, Jan T, Pavel Z, Oldřich Š, et al. Isolated low initial differential renal function in patients with primary non-refluxing megaureter should not be considered an indication for early surgery: A multicentric study. J Pediatr Urol. 2016;12:231.e1-4 pubmed publisher..Low DRF in asymptomatic and anatomically stable patients with PNMR should not be considered an indication for early surgery. These findings challenge current practice and should be confirmed by a prospective study. ..
- Li S, Kochar N, Elizaga M, Hay C, Wilson G, Cohen K, et al. DNA Priming Increases Frequency of T-Cell Responses to a Vesicular Stomatitis Virus HIV Vaccine with Specific Enhancement of CD8+ T-Cell Responses by Interleukin-12 Plasmid DNA. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2017;24: pubmed publisher..This approach may be advantageous in reshaping the T-cell responses to a variety of chronic infections or tumors. (This study has been registered at ClinicalTrials.gov under registration no. NCT01578889.). ..
- Ganewatta N, El Rassi Z. Monolithic capillary columns consisting of poly(glycidyl methacrylate-co-ethylene glycol dimethacrylate) and their diol derivatives with incorporated hydroxyl functionalized multiwalled carbon nanotubes for reversed-phase capillary electrochromatogra. Analyst. 2017;143:270-279 pubmed publisher..and evaluated, namely, the poly(glycidyl methacrylate-co-ethylene glycol dimethacrylate) monolith, denoted as poly(GMA-co-EDMA), and a diol derivative of the poly(GMA-co-EDMA) monolith...
- Martim G, Kupfer V, Moisés M, Dos Santos A, Buzzetti P, Rinaldi A, et al. Physical-chemical properties of dental composites and adhesives containing silane-modified SBA-15. J Mech Behav Biomed Mater. 2018;80:277-284 pubmed publisher..The SBA-15 and SBA-15/MPS were characterized by FTIR, BET and X-Ray and combined with TEGDMA, bis-GMA and commercial spherical silica to produce dental composites...
- Li Y, Jia S, Du S, Wang Y, Lv L, Zhang J. Improved properties of recycled polypropylene by introducing the long chain branched structure through reactive extrusion. Waste Manag. 2018;76:172-179 pubmed publisher..PP under the assistance of chemical reaction between maleic anhydride (MAH) monomer and glycidyl methacrylate (GMA) grafts...
- Swanson B, McDermott K, Singh P, Eggers J, Crocker P, Hollingsworth M. MUC1 is a counter-receptor for myelin-associated glycoprotein (Siglec-4a) and their interaction contributes to adhesion in pancreatic cancer perineural invasion. Cancer Res. 2007;67:10222-9 pubmed..These results support the hypothesis that the adhesive interactions between MUC1 and MAG are of biological significance in pancreatic cancer perineural invasion. ..
- Li W, Wang T, Zhang Y, Li Y. Overexpression of soybean miR172c confers tolerance to water deficit and salt stress, but increases ABA sensitivity in transgenic Arabidopsis thaliana. J Exp Bot. 2016;67:175-94 pubmed publisher..b>gma-miR172c was induced by abscisic acid (ABA) treatments and abiotic stresses, including salt and water deficit...
- Demianenko P, Minisini B, Ortelli G, Lamrani M, Poncin Epaillard F. Computing thermomechanical properties of dry homopolymers used as raw materials for formulation of biomedical hydrogels. J Mol Model. 2016;22:159 pubmed publisher..poly(2-hydroxyethylacrylate) (HEA), poly(2-hydroxyethylmethacrylate) (HEMA), poly(glycidylmethacrylate) (GMA), polyethylene glycol (PEG), and poly(2,2,2-trifluoroethylmethacrylate) (TFEM)...
- Desport J, Mantione D, Moreno M, Sardon H, Barandiaran M, Mecerreyes D. Synthesis of three different galactose-based methacrylate monomers for the production of sugar-based polymers. Carbohydr Res. 2016;432:50-4 pubmed publisher..Glycidyl methacrylate (GMA) is an important building block for the synthesis of sugar based methacrylate monomers and polymers...
- Suenaga T, Matsumoto M, Arisawa F, Kohyama M, Hirayasu K, Mori Y, et al. Sialic Acids on Varicella-Zoster Virus Glycoprotein B Are Required for Cell-Cell Fusion. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:19833-43 pubmed publisher..Fusion between the viral envelope and cellular membrane is essential for host cell entry by herpesviruses. Therefore, these results suggest that SAs on gB play important roles in MAG-mediated VZV infection. ..
- Spittle A, Walsh J, Olsen J, Mcinnes E, Eeles A, Brown N, et al. Neurobehaviour and neurological development in the first month after birth for infants born between 32-42 weeks' gestation. Early Hum Dev. 2016;96:7-14 pubmed publisher..the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Network Neurobehavioural Scale (NNNS) and Prechtl's General Movements Assessment (GMA) in the first weeks after birth...
- Watanabe K, Uchida Y, Sugawara K, Naiki K, Inao M, Nakayama N, et al. Sequential therapy consisting of glucocorticoid infusions followed by granulocyte-monocyte absorptive apheresis in patients with severe alcoholic hepatitis. J Gastroenterol. 2017;52:830-837 pubmed publisher..the demargination of leukocytes from the hepatic sinusoids, whereas granulocyte-monocyte absorptive apheresis (GMA) removes leukocytes from the circulation...
- Sanossian N, Rosenberg L, Liebeskind D, Starkman S, Eckstein M, Stratton S, et al. A Dedicated Spanish Language Line Increases Enrollment of Hispanics Into Prehospital Clinical Research. Stroke. 2017;48:1389-1391 pubmed publisher..The use of a dedicated Spanish language enrollment line allowed for greater enrollment of Hispanics, a population with significantly different baseline characteristics. URL: http://www.clinicaltrials.gov. Unique identifier: NCT00059332. ..
- De Silva D, Synnes A, von Dadelszen P, Lee T, Bone J, Magee L. MAGnesium sulphate for fetal neuroprotection to prevent Cerebral Palsy (MAG-CP)-implementation of a national guideline in Canada. Implement Sci. 2018;13:8 pubmed publisher..024) despite rising MgSO4 use for fetal NP (p < 0.001). Multifaceted KT was associated with significant increases in use of MgSO4 for fetal NP, with neither important maternal nor neonatal risks. ..
- Pfob C, Eiber M, Luppa P, Maurer F, Maurer T, Tauber R, et al. Hyperkalemia in patients treated with endoradiotherapy combined with amino acid infusion is associated with severe metabolic acidosis. EJNMMI Res. 2018;8:17 pubmed publisher..This novel finding implies that commercially available bicarbonate solutions might be an easy therapeutic option to correct metabolic acidosis rapidly. ..
- Yang Y, Qin W, Shugart Y, He G, Liu X, Zhou J, et al. Possible association of the MAG locus with schizophrenia in a Chinese Han cohort of family trios. Schizophr Res. 2005;75:11-9 pubmed..For example, the expression level of the myelin associated glycoprotein (MAG) gene has been shown to be significantly lower in schizophrenia patient groups compared to ..
- Weinberger S, Baeder M, Scheurig Muenkler C, Steffen I, Magheli A, Miller K, et al. Optimizing scintigraphic evaluation of split renal function in living kidney donors using the geometric mean method: a preliminary retrospective study. J Nephrol. 2016;29:435-441 pubmed publisher..The geometric mean method could significantly improve future patient assessment in cases of living kidney donation. ..
- GÃ³mez Torres M, GarcÃa E, Guerrero J, Medina S, Izquierdo Rico M, Gil Izquierdo Ã, et al. Metabolites involved in cellular communication among human cumulus-oocyte-complex and sperm during in vitro fertilization. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2015;13:123 pubmed publisher..The identification of new molecules with a paracrine effect on oocytes, cumulus cells and spermatozoa will provide a better understanding of gamete interaction. ..
- Bhaisare M, Gedda G, Khan M, Wu H. Fluorimetric detection of pathogenic bacteria using magnetic carbon dots. Anal Chim Acta. 2016;920:63-71 pubmed publisher..5 × 10(2) cfu mL(-1), respectively. With these encouraging results, it is expected that it would open revenues for promising applications of Mag-CDs nanomaterial. ..
- Hoshikawa S, Ogata T, Fujiwara S, Nakamura K, Tanaka S. A novel function of RING finger protein 10 in transcriptional regulation of the myelin-associated glycoprotein gene and myelin formation in Schwann cells. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e3464 pubmed publisher..When Schwann cells were infected with retrovirus expressing RNF10 siRNA, myelin formation was inhibited. These data suggest that RNF10 regulates MAG expression and is required for myelin formation. ..
- Yaghmur A, Al Hosayni S, Amenitsch H, Salentinig S. Structural Investigation of Bulk and Dispersed Inverse Lyotropic Hexagonal Liquid Crystalline Phases of Eicosapentaenoic Acid Monoglyceride. Langmuir. 2017;: pubmed publisher..The designed nanoparticles hold promise for future drug and functional food delivery applications due to their unique structural properties and the potential health-promoting effects of MAG-EPA...
- Sato S, Fujita N, Kurihara T, Kuwano R, Sakimura K, Takahashi Y, et al. cDNA cloning and amino acid sequence for human myelin-associated glycoprotein. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1989;163:1473-80 pubmed..Although the cDNA library used here was prepared from adult human brain poly(A)+ RNA, all five clones obtained corresponded to the mRNA without exon 12 portion. ..
- Schweigel M, Vormann J, Martens H. Mechanisms of Mg(2+) transport in cultured ruminal epithelial cells. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2000;278:G400-8 pubmed..The coupling between butyrate, CO(2)/HCO(-)(3), and Mg(2+) transport may be mediated by another mechanism, perhaps by cotransport of Mg(2+) and HCO(-)(3)...
- Kang H, Kerstan D, Dai L, Ritchie G, Quamme G. Adenosine modulates Mg(2+) uptake in distal convoluted tubule cells via A(1) and A(2) purinoceptors. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2001;281:F1141-7 pubmed..We conclude that adenosine has dual effects on Mg(2+) uptake in MDCT cells through separate A(1) and A(2) purinoceptor pathways...
- Heller M, von der Ohe M, Kleene R, Mohajeri M, Schachner M. The immunoglobulin-superfamily molecule basigin is a binding protein for oligomannosidic carbohydrates: an anti-idiotypic approach. J Neurochem. 2003;84:557-65 pubmed..To our knowledge this is the first report that anti-idiotypic antibodies can be used to identify binding partners for carbohydrates. ..
- Filbin M. Myelin-associated inhibitors of axonal regeneration in the adult mammalian CNS. Nat Rev Neurosci. 2003;4:703-13 pubmed
- Piccinini M, Buccinnà B, De Marco G, Lupino E, Ramondetti C, Grifoni S, et al. N-CAM dysfunction and unexpected accumulation of PSA-NCAM in brain of adult-onset autosomal-dominant leukodystrophy. Brain Pathol. 2010;20:431-40 pubmed publisher..PSA-NCAM persistence, up-regulated PST mRNA and previously uncovered defective L-MAG may be early pathogenetic events in this ADLD form. ..
- Mostafa G, Al Ayadhi L. The possible relationship between allergic manifestations and elevated serum levels of brain specific auto-antibodies in autistic children. J Neuroimmunol. 2013;261:77-81 pubmed publisher..between allergic manifestations and serum levels of both anti-myelin basic protein (anti-MBP) and anti-myelin associated glycoprotein (anti-MAG) brain-specific auto-antibodies, which were measured by ELISA method, in 42 autistic ..
- Bouzrati Zerelli M, Maier M, Dietlin C, Fabrice M, Fouassier J, Klee J, et al. A novel photoinitiating system producing germyl radicals for the polymerization of representative methacrylate resins: Camphorquinone/R3GeH/iodonium salt. Dent Mater. 2016;32:1226-1234 pubmed publisher..4mm) samples of a bisphenol A-glycidyl methacrylate (Bis-GMA)/triethyleneglycol dimethacrylate (TEGDMA) blend (70%/30% w/w) and of a urethane dimethacrylate (UDMA) upon ..
- Chaudhry N, Bachelin C, Zujovic V, Hilaire M, Baldwin K, Follis R, et al. Myelin-Associated Glycoprotein Inhibits Schwann Cell Migration and Induces Their Death. J Neurosci. 2017;37:5885-5899 pubmed publisher..Blockade of p75 cleavage using a specific inhibitor significantly improves migration and survival of the transplanted Schwann cells in vivo. ..
- Coletti A, Valerio A, Vismara E. Posidonia oceanica as a Renewable Lignocellulosic Biomass for the Synthesis of Cellulose Acetate and Glycidyl Methacrylate Grafted Cellulose. Materials (Basel). 2013;6:2043-2058 pubmed publisher..were enhanced by its transformation into cellulose acetate CA and cellulose derivative GMA-C...
- Marynowska M, Goux X, Sillam DussÃ¨s D, Rouland LefÃ¨vre C, Roisin Y, Delfosse P, et al. Optimization of a metatranscriptomic approach to study the lignocellulolytic potential of the higher termite gut microbiome. BMC Genomics. 2017;18:681 pubmed publisher..The presented methodological approach has great potential to enhance metatranscriptomic studies of the higher termite intestinal flora and to unravel novel carbohydrate-active enzymes. ..
- Li W, Gorantla S, Gendelman H, Poluektova L. Systemic HIV-1 infection produces a unique glial footprint in humanized mouse brains. Dis Model Mech. 2017;10:1489-1502 pubmed publisher..In this manner, this new mouse model of neuroAIDS can facilitate diagnostic, therapeutic and viral eradication strategies for an infected nervous system. ..
- Hirjak D, Northoff G, Thomann P, Kubera K, Wolf R. [Genuine motor phenomena in schizophrenia : Neuronal correlates and pathomechanisms]. Nervenarzt. 2018;89:27-43 pubmed publisher..on motor dysfunction in schizophrenia spectrum disorders, the neuronal correlates of genuine motor abnormalities (GMA) are not fully elucidated at present...
- Shen T, Font M, Jung S, Gabriel M, Stoykovich M, Vernerey F. Remotely Triggered Locomotion of Hydrogel Mag-bots in Confined Spaces. Sci Rep. 2017;7:16178 pubmed publisher..Such a hydrogel system pioneers the study of active motile systems in porous media and has the potential to impact the fields of targeted drug delivery and active actuators. ..