Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MYB
Description: v-myb avian myeloblastosis viral oncogene homolog
Alias: Cmyb, c-myb, c-myb_CDS, efg, c-myb protein (140 AA), c-myb10A_CDS, c-myb13A_CDS, c-myb14A_CDS, c-myb8B_CDS, proto-oncogene c-Myb, transcriptional activator Myb
Publications194 found, 100 shown here
- Wnt-1 signal induces phosphorylation and degradation of c-Myb protein via TAK1, HIPK2, and NLKChie Kanei-Ishii
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, RIKEN Tsukuba Institute, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 0074, Japan
Genes Dev 18:816-29. 2004The c-myb proto-oncogene product (c-Myb) regulates both the proliferation and apoptosis of hematopoietic cells by inducing the transcription of a group of target genes...
- Recurrent fusion of MYB and NFIB transcription factor genes in carcinomas of the breast and head and neckMarta Persson
Department of Pathology, Lundberg Laboratory for Cancer Research, the Sahlgrenska Academy at University of Gothenburg, SE 413 45 Gothenburg, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:18740-4. 2009The transcription factor gene MYB was identified recently as an oncogene that is rearranged/duplicated in some human leukemias. Here we describe a new mechanism of activation of MYB in human cancer involving gene fusion...
- TGFβ-induced c-Myb affects the expression of EMT-associated genes and promotes invasion of ER+ breast cancer cellsVincenzo Cesi
ENEA Research Center Casaccia, Laboratory of Radiation Biology and Biomedicine, Casaccia, Rome, Italy
Cell Cycle 10:4149-61. 2011..We show here that the expression of c-Myb increases in TGFβ-treated ER (+) breast cancer cells by protein stabilization, transcription activation and ..
- c-Myb binds MLL through menin in human leukemia cells and is an important driver of MLL-associated leukemogenesisShenghao Jin
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Clin Invest 120:593-606. 2010..Recent data suggest that the MYB proto-oncogene, which is an important regulator of hematopoietic cell development, has a role in leukemogenesis ..
- Expression of Slug is regulated by c-Myb and is required for invasion and bone marrow homing of cancer cells of different originBarbara Tanno
Italian National Agency for New Technologies, Energy and Sustainable Economic Development ENEA, Research Center Casaccia, Laboratory of Radiation Biology and Biomedicine, 00123 Rome, Italy
J Biol Chem 285:29434-45. 2010..myeloid leukemia-blast crisis, and in neuroblastoma cells, expression of Slug is transcriptionally regulated by c-Myb via Myb binding sites in the 5'-flanking region and in the first intron of the slug gene...
- MYB suppresses differentiation and apoptosis of human breast cancer cellsYvette Drabsch
University of Queensland Diamantina Institute, University of Queensland, Ipswich Road, Brisbane, Queensland, 4102, Australia
Breast Cancer Res 12:R55. 2010b>MYB is highly expressed in estrogen receptor positive (ER + ve) breast tumours and tumour cell lines...
- c-Myb contributes to G2/M cell cycle transition in human hematopoietic cells by direct regulation of cyclin B1 expressionYuji Nakata
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:2048-58. 2007b>Myb family proteins are ubiquitously expressed transcription factors...
- c-myb mediates inflammatory reaction against oxidative stress in human breast cancer cell line, MCF-7Govinda Bhattarai
Department of Oral Biochemistry, Institute of Oral Bio Science and BK21 Program, School of Dentistry, Chonbuk National University, Joenju, Korea
Cell Biochem Funct 29:686-93. 2011..This study examined the contribution of proto-oncogene c-myb to inflammation in MCF-7 breast cancer cells...
- Mitochondrial Hep27 is a c-Myb target gene that inhibits Mdm2 and stabilizes p53Chad Deisenroth
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Mol Cell Biol 30:3981-93. 2010..In addition, Hep27 is regulated at the transcriptional level by the proto-oncogene c-Myb and is required for c-Myb-induced p53 stabilization...
- Transcription factor c-Myb promotes the invasion of hepatocellular carcinoma cells via increasing osteopontin expressionRong xin Chen
Liver Cancer Institute and Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 29:172. 2010..Osteopontin (OPN) is a phosphoprotein that mediates hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) progression and metastasis. However, the mechanism of OPN up-regulation in HCC metastasis remains to be clarified...
- The Wnt-NLK signaling pathway inhibits A-Myb activity by inhibiting the association with coactivator CBP and methylating histone H3Toshihiro Kurahashi
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, RIKEN Tsukuba Institute, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 0074, Japan
Mol Biol Cell 16:4705-13. 2005The c-myb proto-oncogene product (c-Myb) regulates proliferation and differentiation of hematopoietic cells...
- Loss of androgen receptor in aging and oxidative stress through Myb protooncoprotein-regulated reciprocal chromatin dynamics of p53 and poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase PARP-1Liheng Shi
Department of Molecular Medicine Institute of Biotechnology, The University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas 78245, USA
J Biol Chem 283:36474-85. 2008..The coregulator switch is mediated by B-Myb and c-Myb, which bind to the ADF element and physically associate with PARP-1 and the tumor suppressor p53...
- Proper levels of c-Myb are discretely defined at distinct steps of hematopoietic cell developmentHiroshi Sakamoto
Department of Cell Differentiation, Institute of Molecular Embryology and Genetics, Kumamoto University, 2 2 1 Honjo, Kumamoto 860 0811, Japan
Blood 108:896-903. 2006..c-Myb is a transcription factor that is essential for the development of definitive hematopoiesis...
- Fbxw7 acts as an E3 ubiquitin ligase that targets c-Myb for nemo-like kinase (NLK)-induced degradationChie Kanei-Ishii
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, RIKEN Tsukuba Institute, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 0074, Japan
J Biol Chem 283:30540-8. 2008The c-myb proto-oncogene product (c-Myb) is degraded in response to Wnt-1 signaling via a pathway involving TAK1 (transforming growth factor-beta-activated kinase 1), HIPK2 (homeodomain-interacting protein kinase 2), and NLK (Nemo-like ..
- Differential sensitivity of v-Myb and c-Myb to Wnt-1-induced protein degradationChie Kanei-Ishii
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, RIKEN Tsukuba Institute, 3 1 1 Koyadai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 0074, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:44582-9. 2004Recently we have shown that the c-myb proto-oncogene product (c-Myb) is degraded in response to Wnt-1 signaling via the pathway involving TAK1 (transforming growth factor-beta-activated kinase), HIPK2 (homeodomain-interacting protein ..
- Identification and regulation of c-Myb target genes in MCF-7 cellsAnita M Quintana
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, NM 87131 0001, USA
BMC Cancer 11:30. 2011The c-Myb transcription factor regulates differentiation and proliferation in hematopoietic cells, stem cells and epithelial cells...
- c-myb supports erythropoiesis through the transactivation of KLF1 and LMO2 expressionElisa Bianchi
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Biological Chemistry Section, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Modena, Italy
Blood 116:e99-110. 2010The c-myb transcription factor is highly expressed in immature hematopoietic cells and down-regulated during differentiation...
- Sequence variants in three loci influence monocyte counts and erythrocyte volumeManuel A R Ferreira
Queensland Institute of Medical Research QIMR, Brisbane, QLD 4029, Australia
Am J Hum Genet 85:745-9. 2009..001, 9.9x10(-5), and 7x10(-5), respectively). The identification of these QTL provides new opportunities for furthering our understanding of the mechanisms regulating hemopoietic cell fate...
- c-Myb regulates matrix metalloproteinases 1/9, and cathepsin D: implications for matrix-dependent breast cancer cell invasion and metastasisLucia Knopfova
Department of Experimental Biology, Faculty of Science, Masaryk University, and International Clinical Research Center, CBCE, St Anne s University Hospital, Brno, Czech Republic
Mol Cancer 11:15. 2012The c-Myb transcription factor is essential for the maintenance of stem-progenitor cells in bone marrow, colon epithelia, and neurogenic niches. c-Myb malfunction contributes to several types of malignancies including breast cancer...
- DNA polymorphisms at the BCL11A, HBS1L-MYB, and beta-globin loci associate with fetal hemoglobin levels and pain crises in sickle cell diseaseGuillaume Lettre
Program in Medical and Population Genetics, Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:11869-74. 2008..Common single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) at the BCL11A and HBS1L-MYB loci have been implicated previously in HbF level variation in nonanemic European populations...
- Identification of alternatively spliced transcripts for human c-myb: molecular cloning and sequence analysis of human c-myb exon 9A sequencesP Dasgupta
Wistar Institute, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104
Oncogene 4:1419-23. 1989The murine c-myb gene has been recently shown to code for two protein products of 75kd and 89kd...
- c-Myb and p300 regulate hematopoietic stem cell proliferation and differentiationMark L Sandberg
Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation, San Diego, California 92121, USA
Dev Cell 8:153-66. 2005..a mouse line that harbors a point mutation in the transactivation (TA) domain of the transcription factor c-Myb (M303V), which reduces c-Myb-dependent TA by disrupting its interaction with the transcriptional coactivator p300...
- MicroRNA-15a and -16-1 act via MYB to elevate fetal hemoglobin expression in human trisomy 13Vijay G Sankaran
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:1519-24. 2011..Moreover, we show that a direct target of these microRNAs, MYB, plays an important role in silencing the fetal and embryonic hemoglobin genes...
- c-Myb acetylation at the carboxyl-terminal conserved domain by transcriptional co-activator p300A Tomita
First Department of Internal Medicine, Nagoya University School of Medicine, Japan
Oncogene 19:444-51. 2000Transcription factor c-Myb plays important roles in cell survival and differentiation in immature hematopoietic cells...
- The c-myb proto-oncogene and microRNA-15a comprise an active autoregulatory feedback loop in human hematopoietic cellsHuiwu Zhao
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Blood 113:505-16. 2009The c-myb proto-oncogene encodes an obligate hematopoietic cell transcription factor important for lineage commitment, proliferation, and differentiation...
- Transactivation properties of c-Myb are critically dependent on two SUMO-1 acceptor sites that are conjugated in a PIASy enhanced mannerØyvind Dahle
Department of Biochemistry, University of Oslo, Norway
Eur J Biochem 270:1338-48. 2003The transcription factor v-Myb is a potent inducer of myeloid leukemias, and its cellular homologue c-Myb plays a crucial role in the regulation of hematopoiesis. Recently, Bies and coworkers (Bies, J., Markus, J. & Wolff, L...
- Increased affinity of c-Myb for CREB-binding protein (CBP) after CBP-induced acetylationY Sano
Laborartory of Molecular Genetics, RIKEN Tsukuba Institute and the CREST Core Research for Evolutional Science and Technology Research Project of JST Japan Science and Technology Corporation, 3 1 1 Koyadai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 0074, Japan
J Biol Chem 276:3674-82. 2001The c-myb proto-oncogene product (c-Myb) is a sequence-specific DNA-binding protein that functions as a transcriptional activator...
- c-Myb is an evolutionary conserved miR-150 target and miR-150/c-Myb interaction is important for embryonic developmentYou Chin Lin
Genomics Research Center, Academia Sinica Taipei, Taiwan
Mol Biol Evol 25:2189-98. 2008Human c-Myb proto-oncogene is highly expressed in hematopoietic progenitors as well as leukemia and certain solid tumor. However, the regulatory mechanisms of its expression and biological functions remain largely unclear...
- Genome annotation of a 1.5 Mb region of human chromosome 6q23 encompassing a quantitative trait locus for fetal hemoglobin expression in adultsJames Close
Department of Haematological Medicine, GKT School of Medicine, London, SE5 9PJ, UK
BMC Genomics 5:33. 2004....
- Positive and negative regulation of c-Myb by cyclin D1, cyclin-dependent kinases, and p27 Kip1Wanli Lei
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, University of New Mexico, HSC, Albuquerque, NM 87131 0001, USA
Blood 105:3855-61. 2005The c-Myb transcription factor controls differentiation and proliferation in hematopoietic and other cell types and has latent transforming activity, but little is known about its regulation during the cell cycle...
- Stress-induced inactivation of the c-Myb transcription factor through conjugation of SUMO-2/3 proteinsMarek Sramko
Center of Molecular Medicine, Cancer Research Institute, Slovak Academy of Sciences, 833 91 Bratislava, Slovakia
J Biol Chem 281:40065-75. 2006..and SUMOylation, play an important role in regulation of the stability and the transcriptional activity of c-Myb. Conjugation of small ubiquitin-like modifier type 1 (SUMO-1) to lysines in the negative regulatory domain strongly ..
- Estrogen and MYB in breast cancer: potential for new therapiesThomas J Gonda
Professorial Research Fellow, Deputy Director and Head Cancer Biology Program, University of Queensland Diamantina Institute for Cancer, Immunology and Metabolic Medicine, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Woolloongabba, Queensland, Australia
Expert Opin Biol Ther 8:713-7. 2008b>MYB is highly expressed in almost all estrogen receptor (ER)-positive breast tumours and is a direct target of estrogen/ER signalling...
- FLASH acts as a co-activator of the transcription factor c-Myb and localizes to active RNA polymerase II fociA H Alm-Kristiansen
Department of Molecular Biosciences, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Oncogene 27:4644-56. 2008The c-Myb oncoprotein is a DNA-binding transcription factor with a key role in early stages of hematopoiesis...
- Alternative RNA splicing produces multiple forms of c-Myb with unique transcriptional activitiesJOHN P O'ROURKE
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, MSC08 4660, 1 University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131 0001, USA
Mol Cell Biol 28:2091-101. 2008The c-Myb transcription factor regulates the proliferation and differentiation of hematopoietic cells, and activated alleles of c-myb induce leukemias and lymphomas in animals...
- Human T-cell lymphotropic virus type 1 Tax represses c-Myb-dependent transcription through activation of the NF-kappaB pathway and modulation of coactivator usageC Nicot
Section of Animal Models and Retroviral Vaccines, Basic Research Laboratory, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Mol Cell Biol 21:7391-402. 2001The proto-oncogene c-myb is essential for a controlled balance between cell growth and differentiation...
- Duplication of the MYB oncogene in T cell acute lymphoblastic leukemiaIdoya Lahortiga
Human Genome Laboratory, Department of Molecular and Developmental Genetics, Vlaams Instituut voor Biotechnologie VIB, Leuven, Belgium
Nat Genet 39:593-5. 2007We identified a duplication of the MYB oncogene in 8.4% of individuals with T cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia (T-ALL) and in five T-ALL cell lines...
- The C-MYB locus is involved in chromosomal translocation and genomic duplications in human T-cell acute leukemia (T-ALL), the translocation defining a new T-ALL subtype in very young childrenEmmanuelle Clappier
Genome Rearrangements and Cancer Group, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U728 and Institut Universitaire d Hématologie, Paris 7 University, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Blood 110:1251-61. 2007The C-Myb transcription factor is essential for hematopoiesis, including in the T-cell lineage...
- HIPK1 interacts with c-Myb and modulates its activity through phosphorylationVilborg Matre
Department of Molecular Biosciences, University of Oslo, Norway
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 388:150-4. 2009The transcription factor v-Myb is a potent inducer of myeloid leukaemias, and its cellular homologue c-Myb plays a crucial role in the regulation of haematopoiesis...
- Dramatic repositioning of c-Myb to different promoters during the cell cycle observed by combining cell sorting with chromatin immunoprecipitationAnita M Quintana
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e17362. 2011The c-Myb transcription factor is a critical regulator of proliferation and stem cell differentiation, and mutated alleles of c-Myb are oncogenic, but little is known about changes in c-Myb activity during the cell cycle...
- A functional SUMO-interacting motif in the transactivation domain of c-Myb regulates its myeloid transforming abilityT Saether
Department of Molecular Biosciences, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Oncogene 30:212-22. 2011c-Myb is an essential hematopoietic transcription factor that controls proliferation and differentiation of progenitors during blood cell development...
- c-Myb is required for pro-B cell differentiationShawn P Fahl
Department of Microbiology, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
J Immunol 183:5582-92. 2009The c-Myb transcription factor is required for normal adult hematopoiesis. However, the embryonic lethality of Myb-null mutations has been an impediment to identifying roles for c-Myb during lymphocyte development...
- Involvement of MyoD and c-myb in regulation of basal and estrogen-induced transcription activity of the BRCA1 geneWei Jin
Department of Breast Surgery, Breast Cancer Institute, Cancer Hospital Cancer Institute, Department of Oncology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, 270 Dong An Road Road, Shanghai, 200032, People s Republic of China
Breast Cancer Res Treat 125:699-713. 2011..that MyoD expression and BRCA1 expression is correlated in sporadic breast tumors, overexpression of MyoD and c-myb stimulates BRCA1 expression, knockdown of MyoD and c-myb attenuates BRCA1 expression and attenuates the ability of ..
- Activation of c-MYC and c-MYB proto-oncogenes is associated with decreased apoptosis in tumor colon progressionC Greco
Clinical Pathology Service, Regina Elena Cancer Institute, Rome, Italy
Anticancer Res 21:3185-92. 2001..between frequency of spontaneous apoptosis during transition adenoma-to-carcinoma of the colorectal tract and the incidence of activation of c-myc and c-myb proto-oncogenes, involved both in colon tumorigenesis and apoptosis.
- Mechanism of and requirement for estrogen-regulated MYB expression in estrogen-receptor-positive breast cancer cellsYvette Drabsch
University of Queensland Diamantina Institute for Cancer, Immunology, and Metabolic Medicine, Brisbane, Queensland 4102, Australia
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:13762-7. 2007b>MYB (the human ortholog of c-myb) is expressed in a high proportion of human breast tumors, and that expression correlates strongly with estrogen receptor (ER) positivity...
- Fbw7 promotes ubiquitin-dependent degradation of c-Myb: involvement of GSK3-mediated phosphorylation of Thr-572 in mouse c-MybK Kitagawa
Department of Biochemistry 1, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Higashi ku, Hamamatsu, Shizuoka, Japan
Oncogene 28:2393-405. 2009Expression of oncoprotein c-Myb oscillates during hematopoiesis and hematological malignancies...
- Sequence variants affecting eosinophil numbers associate with asthma and myocardial infarctionDaniel F Gudbjartsson
deCODE Genetics, Sturlugata 8, 101 Reykjavik, Iceland
Nat Genet 41:342-7. 2009..SNPs at WDR36, IL33 and MYB that showed suggestive association with eosinophil counts were also associated with atopic asthma (P = 4...
- Alternative splicing of the human c-myb geneE H Westin
Department of Medicine, Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University
Oncogene 5:1117-24. 1990Two cDNA clones of the human c-myb gene have been isolated from a CCRF-CEM leukemia cell cDNA library and sequenced in their entirety...
- Expression of insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 5 in neuroblastoma cells is regulated at the transcriptional level by c-Myb and B-Myb via direct and indirect mechanismsBarbara Tanno
Ente Nuove Tecnologie Energia Ambiente ENEA, Section of Toxicology and Biomedical Sciences, Via Anguillarese 301, 00060 S Maria di Galeria, Rome, Italy
J Biol Chem 277:23172-80. 2002..Upon conditional expression of c-Myb in a NB cell line, we detected up-regulation of IGF1, IGF1 receptor, and insulin-like growth factor-binding protein ..
- Covalent attachment of the SUMO-1 protein to the negative regulatory domain of the c-Myb transcription factor modifies its stability and transactivation capacityJuraj Bies
Department of Molecular Virology, Cancer Research Institute, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Vlarska 7, 833 91 Bratislava, Slovakia
J Biol Chem 277:8999-9009. 2002The transcription factor c-Myb is subject to several types of post-translational modifications, including phosphorylation, acetylation, and ubiquitination...
- Mutations in the MYB intron I regulatory sequence increase transcription in colon cancersHonor Hugo
Peter MacCallum Cancer Center, East Melbourne and Department of Pathology, The University of Melbourne, Australia
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 45:1143-54. 2006Although MYB overexpression in colorectal cancer (CRC) is known to be a prognostic indicator for poor survival, the basis for this overexpression is unclear...
- Role of c-Myb during prolactin-induced signal transducer and activator of transcription 5a signaling in breast cancer cellsFeng Fang
Department of Pathology, Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Endocrinology 150:1597-606. 2009..These analyses revealed a PRL-inducible association of Stat5a with the transcription factor and protooncogene c-Myb. Confirmatory co-immunoprecipitation studies using lysates from both T47D and MCF7 breast cancer cells revealed a ..
- The myb gene family in cell growth, differentiation and apoptosisI H Oh
Fels Institute for Cancer Research and Molecular Biology, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19140, USA
Oncogene 18:3017-33. 1999The myb gene family consists of three members, named A, B and c-myb which encode nuclear proteins that function as transcriptional transactivators...
- The chromatin remodeling factor Mi-2alpha acts as a novel co-activator for human c-MybThomas Saether
Department of Molecular Biosciences, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
J Biol Chem 282:13994-4005. 2007The c-Myb protein belongs to a group of early hematopoietic transcription factors that are important for progenitor generation and proliferation...
- c-Myb down-regulation is associated with human colon cell differentiation, apoptosis, and decreased Bcl-2 expressionM A Thompson
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, P O Royal Melbourne Hospital, Victoria, Australia
Cancer Res 58:5168-75. 1998c-myb is expressed in human and murine colonic mucosa and elevated expression occurs in premalignant adenomatous polyps and carcinomas...
- Pim-1 kinase and p100 cooperate to enhance c-Myb activityJ D Leverson
Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, and Cell Biology, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois 60208 3500, USA
Mol Cell 2:417-25. 1998..screen, we found that Pim-1 protein binds to p100, a transcriptional coactivator that interacts with the c-Myb transcription factor...
- Studies of the human c-myb gene and its product in human acute leukemiasD J Slamon
Science 233:347-51. 1986The myb gene is the transforming oncogene of the avian myeloblastosis virus (AMV); its normal cellular homolog, c-myb, is conserved across a broad span of evolution...
- Enhanced proliferative potential of hematopoietic cells expressing degradation-resistant c-Myb mutantsFrancesca Corradini
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
J Biol Chem 280:30254-62. 2005The c-myb gene encodes a transcription factor required for proliferation, differentiation, and survival of hematopoietic cells...
- The EVES motif mediates both intermolecular and intramolecular regulation of c-MybA B Dash
Northwestern University, Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Cell Biology, Evanston, Illinois 60208 3500, USA
Genes Dev 10:1858-69. 1996The c-Myb transcription factor is a proto-oncoprotein whose latent transforming activity can be unmasked by truncation of either terminus...
- Human c-myb protooncogene: nucleotide sequence of cDNA and organization of the genomic locusB Majello
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 83:9636-40. 1986We have isolated cDNA clones of the human c-myb mRNA that contain approximately 3.4 kilobases of the approximately 3.8-kilobase mRNA sequence...
- Effect of ecteinascidin-743 on the interaction between DNA binding proteins and DNAM Bonfanti
Department of Oncology, Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Milan, Italy
Anticancer Drug Des 14:179-86. 1999..We have selected three types of factors: (i) oncogene products such as MYC, c-MYB and Maf; (ii) transcriptional activators regulated during the cell cycle as E2F and SRF; and (iii) general ..
- [Effect of antisense oligonucleotides on myo-intimal hyperplasia in a model of abdominal aortic injury in the rat]E Chemla
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 88:381-9. 1995..The proto-oncogene c-myb is a gene with an immediate response which has been implicated in the proliferation and alteration of the phenotype ..
- Protein truncation is required for the activation of the c-myb proto-oncogeneF A Grasser
Institut fur Medizinische Mikrobiologie und Hygiene, Abteilung Virologie, Universitatskliniken des Saarlandes, Homburg, Germany
Mol Cell Biol 11:3987-96. 1991The protein product of the v-myb oncogene of avian myeloblastosis virus, v-Myb, differs from its normal cellular counterpart, c-Myb, by (i) expression under the control of a strong viral long terminal repeat, (ii) truncation of both its ..
- A spontaneous internal deletion of the c-myb protooncogene enhances transcriptional activation in bovine T lymphoma cellsN Ishiguro
Department of Veterinary Public Health, Obihiro University of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine, Japan
J Biol Chem 269:26822-9. 1994..have been established from bovine lymphosarcomas, were examined for expression and molecular function of bovine c-myb genes. BTL-PC3 expressed 4.0- and 3.6-kilobase c-myb transcripts, and BLT2 and Pr2181 expressed a 3...
- p38MAPK delta controls c-Myb degradation in response to stressElisabetta Pani
Institute of Molecular Cancer Research, University of Zurich, Winterthurerstr 190, CH 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Blood Cells Mol Dis 40:388-94. 2008The c-myb gene is the progenitor of the v-myb oncogene, which causes avian myelomonocytic leukemia...
- Expression of the c-myb proto-oncogene in bovine vascular smooth muscle cellsK E Brown
Department of Biochemistry, Boston University School of Medicine, Massachusetts 02118
J Biol Chem 267:4625-30. 1992Previously we have shown that bovine vascular smooth muscle cells (SMCs) express c-myb mRNA (Reilly, C. F., Kindy, M. S., Brown, K. E., Rosenberg, R. D., and Sonenshein, G. E. (1989) J. Biol. Chem. 264, 6990-6995)...
- Melanocyte fate in neural crest is triggered by Myb proteins through activation of c-kitV Karafiat
Department of Molecular Virology, Institute of Molecular Genetics, AS CR v v i, Videnska 1083, Prague 4, 14220, Czech Republic
Cell Mol Life Sci 64:2975-84. 2007The c-myb proto-oncogene and its oncogenic derivative v-mybAMV encode transcriptional regulators engaged in the commitment of hematopoietic cells...
- v-Myb suppresses phorbol ester- and modifies retinoic acid-induced differentiation of human promonocytic U937 cellsL Knopfova
Institute of Experimental Biology, Faculty of Science, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
Neoplasma 55:286-93. 2008The c-myb protooncogene as well as its transforming derivate, the v-myb oncogene code for transcription factors...
- v-Myb represses the transcription of Ets-2D M Wang
Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5324, USA
Oncogene 26:1238-44. 2007The v-Myb oncogene causes monoblastic leukemia and transforms only myelomonocytic cells in culture. The v-Myb protein is nuclear and binds to specific DNA sequences...
- Conifer R2R3-MYB transcription factors: sequence analyses and gene expression in wood-forming tissues of white spruce (Picea glauca)Frank Bedon
Centre d Etude de la Forêt, Universite Laval, Pavillon Charles Eugène Marchand, Sainte Foy G1K7P4, Quebec, Canada
BMC Plant Biol 7:17. 2007Several members of the R2R3-MYB family of transcription factors act as regulators of lignin and phenylpropanoid metabolism during wood formation in angiosperm and gymnosperm plants...
- Modulation of c-Myb-induced transcription activation by a phosphorylation site near the negative regulatory domainN Aziz
Department of Pharmacology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville 22908, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 92:6429-33. 1995The c-myb protooncogene encodes a highly conserved transcription factor that functions as both an activator and a repressor of transcription...
- A-myb is expressed in bovine vascular smooth muscle cells during the late G1-to-S phase transition and cooperates with c-myc to mediate progression to S phaseD J Marhamati
Department of Biochemistry, Boston University School of Medicine, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Mol Cell Biol 17:2448-57. 1997The Myb family of transcription factors is defined by homology within the DNA binding domain and includes c-Myb, A-Myb, and B-Myb. The protein products of the myb genes all bind the Myb-binding site (MBS) [YG(A/G)C(A/C/G)GTT(G/A)]...
- B-Myb repressor function is regulated by cyclin A phosphorylation and sequences within the C-terminal domainConstantinos Petrovas
Department of Biochemistry, Boston University Medical School, MA 02118 2394, USA
Oncogene 22:2011-20. 2003B-Myb is a widely expressed member of the myb oncogene family that has been shown to act as either an activator or repressor of gene transcription in a cell-type-specific fashion...
- Overexpression of v-myb oncogene or c-myb proto-oncogene in insect cells: characterization of newly induced nucleolus-like structures accumulating Myb proteinJitka Stokrova
Department of Biopolymers Micromorphology, Institute of Molecular Genetics, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Flemingovo nam 2, 166 37 Praha 6, Czech Republic
Int J Mol Med 9:547-54. 2002The oncoprotein v-Myb induces myeloid leukemia and its cellular counterpart c-Myb is involved in the regulation of hematopoiesis. Although intensively studied, their precise subcellular localization is not known...
- Overexpression of c-myb in leukaemic and non-leukaemic variants of cutaneous T-cell lymphomaN Poenitz
Department of Dermatology, Venereology and Allergology, University Medical Centre Mannheim, Ruprecht Karl University of Heidelberg, Mannheim, Germany
Dermatology 211:84-92. 2005The c-myb oncogene is a transcription factor that regulates proliferation, differentiation and apoptosis of haematopoietic cells and activated T cells by binding to promoter sequences of such genes as c-myc or bcl-2 that are expressed in ..
- Independent regulation of c-myc, B-myb, and c-myb gene expression by inducers and inhibitors of proliferation in human B lymphocytesJ Golay
Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Milano, Italy
J Immunol 149:300-8. 1992..The c-myb proto-oncogene, the structurally related B-myb gene, and c-myc probably code for transcription factors, have been ..
- Extension of the DNA binding consensus of the chicken c-Myb and v-Myb proteinsK Weston
Institute of Cancer Research, Chester Beatty Laboratories, London, UK
Nucleic Acids Res 20:3043-9. 1992The chicken c-myb gene and the v-myb oncogene transduced by avian myeloblastosis virus (AMV) encode DNA binding transcription activators...
- Identification of conserved gene structures and carboxy-terminal motifs in the Myb gene family of Arabidopsis and Oryza sativa L. ssp. indicaCizhong Jiang
Department of Genetics, Development and Cell Biology, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
Genome Biol 5:R46. 2004b>Myb proteins contain a conserved DNA-binding domain composed of one to four repeat motifs (referred to as R0R1R2R3); each repeat is approximately 50 amino acids in length, with regularly spaced tryptophan residues...
- Recently duplicated maize R2R3 Myb genes provide evidence for distinct mechanisms of evolutionary divergence after duplicationAnusha P Dias
Plant Genetics Research and Plant Science Units, United States Department of Agriculture Agricultural Research Service, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri 65211, USA
Plant Physiol 131:610-20. 2003R2R3 Myb genes are widely distributed in the higher plants and comprise one of the largest known families of regulatory proteins...
- Deregulated c-myb disrupts interleukin-6- or leukemia inhibitory factor-induced myeloid differentiation prior to c-myc: role in leukemogenesisM Selvakumaran
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104 6059
Mol Cell Biol 12:2493-500. 1992The c-myb proto-oncogene is abundantly expressed in tissues of hematopoietic origin, and changes in endogenous c-myb genes have been implicated in both human and murine hematopoietic tumors...
- A subgroup of MYB transcription factor genes undergoes highly conserved alternative splicing in Arabidopsis and riceJigang Li
Peking Yale Joint Center for Plant Molecular Genetics and Agro Biotechnology, National Laboratory of Protein Engineering and Plant Genetic Engineering, College of Life Sciences, Peking University, Beijing 100871, PR China
J Exp Bot 57:1263-73. 2006b>MYB transcription factor genes play important roles in many developmental processes and in various defence responses of plants. Two Arabidopsis R2R3-type MYB genes, AtMYB59 and AtMYB48, were found to undergo similar alternative splicing...
- Regulation of c-myb oncogene expression in immature and mature murine T cellsJ D Mountz
Division of Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology, University of Alabama, Birmingham
Mol Immunol 30:787-95. 1993The c-myb oncogene encodes a nuclear binding protein which may play a major role in differentiation during early T cell development...
- Protein truncation is not required for c-myb proto-oncogene activity in neuroretina cellsC Garrido
CNRS URA 1160, Institut Pasteur de Lille, France
J Virol 66:6773-6. 1992The v-myb oncogene of avian myeloblastosis virus (AMV) differs from its normal cellular counterpart by a truncation at both its amino and carboxyl termini and by a substitution of 11 amino acid residues...
- c-MYB oncogene-like genes encoding three MYB repeats occur in all major plant lineagesH Kranz
Max Planck Institut fur Zuchtungsforschung, Abteilung Biochemie, Koln, Germany
Plant J 21:231-5. 2000Since the identification of the first plant MYB-like protein, the Zea mays factor C1, the number of MYB-related genes described has greatly increased...
- Presence of regulatory sequences within intron 4 of human and murine c-myb genesT Seib
Human Genetics Department, University of Saarland, Homburg, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1219:285-92. 1994The molecular mechanisms that modulate c-myb mRNA transcription in hematopoietic cells appear to involve intron regulatory sequences...
- c-Myb immunoreactivity, protein and mRNA levels significantly increase in the aged hippocampus proper in gerbilsIn Koo Hwang
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, College of Medicine, Hallym University, Chuncheon, South Korea
Neurochem Res 32:1091-7. 2007b>Myb genes are a family of transcription factors and have been implicated in the control of the proliferation and differentiation of normal and transformed cells. c-Myb is the best characterized member of the myb family...
- Comprehensive analysis of single-repeat R3 MYB proteins in epidermal cell patterning and their transcriptional regulation in ArabidopsisShucai Wang
Department of Botany, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z4, Canada
BMC Plant Biol 8:81. 2008Single-repeat R3 MYB transcription factors are critical components of the lateral inhibition machinery that mediates epidermal cell patterning in plants...
- The c-Myb oncoproteinT J Gonda
Division of Human Immunology, Hanson Centre for Cancer Research, Institute of Medical and Veterinary Science, Adelaide, Australia
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 30:547-51. 1998The c-myb gene is the cellular homologue of the v-myb oncogenes carried by the avian leukaemia viruses AMV and E26...
- Mutation of the Drosophila homologue of the Myb protooncogene causes genomic instabilityJ Robert Manak
Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Room L216, 300 Pasteur Drive, Stanford, CA 94305 5324, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:7438-43. 2002Vertebrates have three related Myb genes. The c-Myb protooncogene is required for definitive hematopoiesis in mice and when mutated causes leukemias and lymphomas in birds and mammals...
- Transformation by carboxyl-deleted Myb reflects increased transactivating capacity and disruption of a negative regulatory domainY L Hu
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Melbourne Tumour Biology Branch, PO Royal Melbourne Hospital, Victoria, Australia
Oncogene 6:1549-53. 1991Carboxyl-truncated forms of the product of the c-myb proto-oncogene (Myb) are encoded by the v-myb oncogene, the rearranged c-myb genes of certain murine cell lines and a transforming recombinant c-myb retrovirus...
- Dissociation between p93B-myb and p75c-myb expression during the proliferation and differentiation of human myeloid cell linesM Arsura
Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Milano, Italy
Blood 83:1778-90. 1994Direct and indirect evidence strongly indicates that the proto-oncogene c-myb plays an important role in the regulation of both the proliferation and differentiation of hematopoietic cells...
- Effects of c-myb antisense RNA on TGF-beta1 and beta1-I collagen expression in cultured hepatic stellate cellsHui Hui Ma
Department of Infectious Diseases, The 3rd Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510630, Guangdong Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 10:3662-5. 2004To investigate the effects of c-myb antisense RNA on cell proliferation and the expression of c-myb, TGF-beta1 and beta1-I collagen in cultured hepatic stellate cells (HSC) from rats.
- Diverse developing mouse lineages exhibit high-level c-Myb expression in immature cells and loss of expression upon differentiationK C Ess
Division of Molecular and Developmental Biology Children s Hospital Research Foundation, University of Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
Oncogene 18:1103-11. 1999The c-myb gene encodes a sequence specific transactivator that is required for fetal hematopoiesis, but its potential role in other tissues is less clear because of the early fetal demise of mice with targeted deletions of the c-myb gene ..
- Inactivation of a c-Myb/estrogen receptor fusion protein in transformed primary cells leads to granulocyte/macrophage differentiation and down regulation of c-kit but not c-myc or cdc2A Hogg
Hanson Centre for Cancer Research, Institute of Medical and Veterinary Science, Adelaide, South Australia
Oncogene 15:2885-98. 1997..protein consisting of the ligand-binding domain of the estrogen receptor and a carboxyl-terminally truncated c-Myb protein (ERMYB)...
- [Effect of c-myb on hCG-induced testosterone secretion in isolated rat Leydig cells]Ai Jiao Xiao
Department of Physiology, Jiangxi Medical College, Nanchang 330006, China
Sheng Li Xue Bao 56:353-6. 2004The present study was carried out to investigate the effect of antisense c-myb oligodeoxynucleotides (ODN) on hCG-induced testosterone secretion in isolated rat Leydig cells...
- Cloning of the novel human myeloid-cell-specific C/EBP-epsilon transcription factorA M Chumakov
Department of Medicine, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA
Mol Cell Biol 17:1375-86. 1997Chicken NF-M transcription factor, in cooperation with either c-Myb or v-Myb, is active in the combinatorial activation of myeloid-cell-specific genes in heterologous cell types, such as embryonic fibroblasts...
- Myb-induced transformationL Wolff
Laboratory of Cellular Oncology, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892 4255, USA
Crit Rev Oncog 7:245-60. 1996The c-myb protooncogene has been implicated in the development of avian and murine hematopoietic neoplasms of the myeloid and lymphoid lineages...
- [Effects of an anti-c-myb antisense oligonucleotide on myo-intimal proliferation. Specificity of action and consequences on vasoreactivity]Y Castier
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 89:889-96. 1996Several reports have shown that an 18-mere antisense oligonucleotide directed against c-myb (AS 18) inhibits the proliferation of smooth muscle...
- RFX2 is a candidate downstream amplifier of A-MYB regulation in mouse spermatogenesisGary C Horvath
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC 29208, USA
BMC Dev Biol 9:63. 2009..Focusing on meiotic prophase, some tissue-specific transcription factors are known (A-MYB) or suspected (RFX2) to play important roles in modulating gene expression in pachytene spermatocytes...
- Characterization and expression of the Xenopus c-Myb homologL Amaravadi
Department of Life Sciences, Indiana State University, Terre Haute 47809
Oncogene 9:971-4. 1994The c-Myb protein is a sequence specific DNA-binding transcriptional regulator that is critically involved in the regulation of hematopoietic differentiation...
- Increased c-myb mRNA expression in Barrett's esophagus and Barrett's-associated adenocarcinomaJ Brabender
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, 1441 Eastlake Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
J Surg Res 99:301-6. 2001..The genetic basis of this process is increasingly well understood, but no studies have examined the role of the transcription factor c-myb in this disease.
- Estrogen prevents sustained COLO-205 human colon cancer cell growth by inducing apoptosis, decreasing c-myb protein, and decreasing transcription of the anti-apoptotic protein bcl-2Heather R Wilkins
Department of Natural Sciences, Assumption College, 500 Salisbury Street, Worcester, MA 01609, USA
Tumour Biol 31:16-22. 2010The proto-oncogene c-myb is overexpressed in human colon cancer cells. c-myb is known to be affected by estrogen in some breast cancers and leukemias...
- ONCOGENIC ACTIVATION OF MYB FAMILY PROTEINSJoseph Lipsick; Fiscal Year: 2003The Myb gene family was first discovered because the v-Myb oncogene of the avian myeloblastosis virus (AMV) causes a rapidly fatal leukemia in chickens...
- STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION OF MYB ONCOGENE IN NEURONAL CELLSRichard Press; Fiscal Year: 1993..in vitro, neuronal differentiation is accompanied by a significant decrease in the expression of the c-myb oncogene...
- Mutations and target genes in Adenoid Cystic CarcinomaScott A Ness; Fiscal Year: 2013..ACC tumors are frequently characterized by a recurrent translocation t(6:9), which fuses the MYB (c-Myb) proto-oncogene on chromosome 6q to the NFIB gene on chromosome 9p, resulting in the expression of novel Myb-..
- Gene Regulation by Myb ProteinsJoseph Lipsick; Fiscal Year: 2005DESCRIPTION (PROVIDE BY APPLICANT): The v-Myb oncogene causes acute monoblastic leukemia in chickens and induces the leukemic transformation of myelomonocytic cells in culture...
- Biology of the Myb-MuvB Oncoprotein Tumor Suppressor Protein ComplexJOSEPH STEVEN LIPSICK; Fiscal Year: 2013..This project focuses on the Myb oncoprotein and its interactions with a four-protein tumor suppressor complex called the MuvB core...
- Regulation of the v-Myb and c-Myb OncoproteinsScott A Ness; Fiscal Year: 2010The c-Myb transcription factor is a key regulator of hematopoietic cell differentiation, proliferation and apoptosis and expression of the c-myb gene is essential for normal hematopoiesis...
- ROLE OF C-MYB IN T-LYMPHOCYTES PROLIFERATIONBruno Calabretta; Fiscal Year: 1991Our recent experiments demonstrated that the human c-myb gene plays a critical role in the control of the proliferation of hematopoietic cells of both myeloid and lymphoid lineages...
- Myb protein specificity in human hematopoietic cellsScott Ness; Fiscal Year: 2009This revised application proposes to compare the activities of the wild type and variant versions of c-Myb expressed by normal cells and leukemias, and to determine their relevance to human disease...
- MicroRNAs and hematopoietic differentiationHarvey F Lodish; Fiscal Year: 2013..Work by others identified three transcription factors that regulate 3 globin gene expression, MYB, BCL11A, and KLF1...
- MLL in Hematopoiesis and Leukemia in the Zebrafish ModelCarolyn A Felix; Fiscal Year: 2013..While overexpressed genes in the precursor/myeloid compartment featured lmo2, scl, cmyb, ikaros, rag2 and gata1, reduced expression of gata1 and other red cell genes was detected in the erythroid ..
- REGULATORY INTERACTIONS BETWEEN TUMOR VIRUSES AND CELLSMichael R Botchan; Fiscal Year: 2013..binding activities including an MJ hook in the core protein Mip 130 and specific DNA binding functions in Mip 120, Myb and E2f2/DP/Rb proteins...
- Regulation of Replication Origin Usage in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeBik Kwoon Tye; Fiscal Year: 2009..regulators that coordinate DMA replication and gene expression during cell proliferation include E2F-RB and Myb-130...
- PROTO-ONCOGENES AND CELL CYCLE REGULATION IN DROSOPHILAAlisa Katzen; Fiscal Year: 2002..The research described in this proposal addresses the function of the proto-oncogene myb. An understanding of its normal activities should help to illuminate how the activated gene contributes to the ..
- ROLE OF PROTO-ONCOGENES IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF C. ELEGANSMario Capecchi; Fiscal Year: 1990..Using viral oncogenes as probes we have isolated and characterized homologs of the vertebrate c-abl, c-src and c-myb genes. We are in the process of characterizing candidates for the c-erbB gene...
- NEUROTROPHIC FACTOR DEPRIVATION AND NEURONAL CELL DEATHLloyd A Greene; Fiscal Year: 2013..Dissociation of Rb-E2F repressor complexes leads to derepression and induction of Myb transcription factors that bind to and activate the promoter for apoptotic proteins including Bim...
- Glucose Signaling in PlantsJen Sheen; Fiscal Year: 2013..with specific defects in the glucose sensor HXK1, HXK1 signaling partners HUP1, novel transcription factors (MYB, SCL3, ZFP) and ATPases (HUP2/RPT5, RPT2 and RPT6)...
- TRANSFORMATION BY THE MYB ONCOGENEJoseph Lipsick; Fiscal Year: 1993I propose to continue our studies of the myb oncogene and its role in carcinogenesis...
- VIRUS INDUCED MYELOID LEUKEMIADavid Boettiger; Fiscal Year: 1990The objective of this research is to investigate the function of the v-myb oncogne in the transformation of hematopoietic cells and to determine the relationship of the transforming function of v-myb to the normal function of its ..
- PROTO-ONCOGENES AND CELL CYCLE REGULATION IN DROSOPHILAAlisa Katzen; Fiscal Year: 2006..This research proposal addresses the function of the proto-oncogene Myb. An understanding of its normal activities should help to illuminate how the activated gene contributes to the ..
- MYB GENE FAMILY AND BREAST CANCERE Reddy; Fiscal Year: 2003..The myb gene family currently consists of three members, named A, B and c-myb all of which code for nuclear proteins which ..
- REGULATION OF EXPRESSION OF C-MYB IN LEUKEMIASLINDA BOXER; Fiscal Year: 2000DESCRIPTION: (adapted from the investigator's abstract) The c-myb oncogene is expressed at high levels in immature hematopoietic cells and in many leukemias...
- Mip/LIN9 and Cell ProliferationOscar R Colamonici; Fiscal Year: 2012..from the p107,p130/E2F4 repressor complex and that this step is critical for the association of Mip/LIN-9 with B-Myb is S-phase where both proteins function as transcriptional activators of the G2/M genes...
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS--ACTIVATING MYELOID-B ONCOGENEE Reddy; Fiscal Year: 1990Our earlier work with chicken and mouse model systems indicate that the activation of the myb oncogene involves specific deletions in the coding regions of the proto-oncogene...
- c-Myb fusion proteins in Adenoid Cystic CarcinomaTimothy P Bender; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The Myb locus encodes the c-Myb transcription factor, which functions as both a transcription activator and repressor...
- TRANSCRIPTION FACTOR REGULATION BY THE BCR/ABL ONCOGENEBruno Calabretta; Fiscal Year: 2012..will investigate the BCR/ABL-dependent pathways leading to changes in the expression of the transcription factor c-Myb and assess the role of c-Myb and c-Myb targets in the regulation of proliferation, survival, and differentiation of ..
- Ginger Extract: Bioavailability Study and Lung Cancer Preventive EffectShengmin Sang; Fiscal Year: 2010..2. To determine the inhibitory activities of GEHS and extract from fresh ginger (EFG) as well as - shogaol and -gingerol in a 4-(Methylnitrosamino)-1-(3-pyridyl)-1-butanone (NNK)-induced lung ..