Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MUT
Description: methylmalonyl CoA mutase
Alias: MCM, methylmalonyl Coenzyme A mutase, methylmalonyl-CoA isomerase, methylmalonyl-CoA mutase, mitochondrial
Publications162 found, 100 shown here
- Minichromosome maintenance protein expression in benign nevi, dysplastic nevi, melanoma, and cutaneous melanoma metastasesAlan S Boyd
Department of Medicine Dermatology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 58:750-4. 2008Minichromosome maintenance (MCM) proteins are a recently elucidated group of polypeptides intimately involved in DNA replication and appreciable only in cycling cells...
- Protein kinase C-zeta mediates NF-kappa B activation in human immunodeficiency virus-infected monocytesL Folgueira
Department of Immunology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Virol 70:223-31. 1996..In addition, cotransfection of a negative dominant molecule of PKC-zeta (PKC-zeta mut) with NF-kappa B-dependent reporter genes selectively inhibits the HIV- but not phorbol myristate acetate- or ..
- Liver-directed recombinant adeno-associated viral gene delivery rescues a lethal mouse model of methylmalonic acidemia and provides long-term phenotypic correctionNuria Carrillo-Carrasco
Organic Acid Research Section, Genetics and Molecular Biology Branch, National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Hum Gene Ther 21:1147-54. 2010..disorder caused by a deficiency of the ubiquitously expressed mitochondrial enzyme, methylmalonyl-CoA mutase (MUT)...
- Regulation of glutathione S-transferase enzymes in primary cultures of rat hepatocytes maintained under various matrix configurationsE L LeCluyse
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Therapeutics, Center for Environmental and Occupational Health, Kansas University Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas, USA
Toxicol In Vitro 14:101-15. 2000..Hepatocytes cultured in serum-free Dulbecco's modified Eagle's medium (DMEM) or modified Chee's medium (MCM) maintained similar levels of total GST protein regardless of the matrix configuration or corresponding cell ..
- Cobalamin deficiency results in an abnormal increase in L-methylmalonyl-co-enzyme-A mutase expression in rat liver and COS-7 cellsMotoyuki Nakao
Department of Applied Biological Chemistry, Osaka Prefecture University, Sakai, Osaka 599 8531, Japan
Br J Nutr 101:492-8. 2009..study was to examine the effects of cobalamin (Cbl) on the activity and expression of L-methylmalonyl-CoA mutase (MCM) in rat liver and cultured COS-7 cells...
- Molecular analysis and heterologous expression of the gene encoding methylmalonyl-coenzyme A mutase from rifamycin SV-producing strain Amycolatopsis mediterranei U32W Zhang
Department of Microbiology, Shanghai Institute of Plant Physiology, Academia Sinica, P R China
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 82:209-25. 1999..A (CoA) into methylmalonyl-CoA, catalyzed by adenosylcobalamin-dependent methylmalonyl-CoA mutase (MCM), represents an important source of building blocks for rifamycin SV biosynthesis...
- Primary structure and activity of mouse methylmalonyl-CoA mutaseM F Wilkemeyer
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Cell Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030
Biochem J 271:449-55. 1990..Genetic deficiency of this enzyme in man causes an often fatal disorder of organic acid metabolism termed mut methylmalonicacidaemia...
- Effect of fetuin, a TGFbeta antagonist and pentoxifylline, a cytokine antagonist on hepatic stellate cell function and fibrotic parameters in fibrosisMonica Verma-Gandhu
Department of Pharmacology Faculty of Medicine Dalhousie University, Canada
Eur J Pharmacol 572:220-7. 2007We have previously shown that monocyte conditioned medium (MCM) from patients with liver fibrosis stimulated proliferation of hepatic stellate cells (HSCs), the major cell involved in hepatic fibrosis...
- Initiating DNA synthesis: from recruiting to activating the MCM complexM Lei
Dept of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
J Cell Sci 114:1447-54. 2001..A key component of the pre-RC is the hexameric MCM complex, which is also the presumed helicase of the growing forks...
- Genomic structure of murine methylmalonyl-CoA mutase: evidence for genetic and epigenetic mechanisms determining enzyme activityM F Wilkemeyer
Department of Cell Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030
Biochem J 296:663-70. 1993Methylmalonyl-CoA mutase (MCM) is a nuclear-encoded mitochondrial matrix enzyme...
- Adenoviral-mediated correction of methylmalonyl-CoA mutase deficiency in murine fibroblasts and human hepatocytesRandy J Chandler
National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
BMC Med Genet 8:24. 2007..by deficiency of the mitochondrial localized, 5'deoxyadenosylcobalamin dependent enzyme, methylmalonyl-CoA mutase (MUT)...
- Mutation and haplotype analyses of the MUT gene in Japanese patients with methylmalonic acidemiaOsamu Sakamoto
Department of Pediatrics, Tohoku University School of Medicine, 1 1 Seiryo machi, Aoba ku, Sendai, 980 8574, Japan
J Hum Genet 52:48-55. 2007..Apoenzyme-deficient MMA (mut MMA) results from mutations in the nuclear gene MUT...
- Adenovirus-mediated gene delivery rescues a neonatal lethal murine model of mut(0) methylmalonic acidemiaRandy J Chandler
Genetic Diseases Research Branch, National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Hum Gene Ther 19:53-60. 2008..MMA), an autosomal recessive metabolic disorder, is most often caused by mutations in methylmalonyl-CoA mutase (MUT)...
- Identification of the human and bovine ATP:Cob(I)alamin adenosyltransferase cDNAs based on complementation of a bacterial mutantNicole A Leal
Department of Microbiology and Cell Science, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32611, USA
J Biol Chem 278:9227-34. 2003In humans, deficiencies in coenzyme B12-dependent methylmalonyl-CoA mutase (MCM) lead to methylmalonyl aciduria, a rare disease that is often fatal in newborns...
- Cloning, expression and sequence analysis of the genes encoding the heterodimeric methylmalonyl-CoA mutase of Porphyromonas gingivalis W50C A Jackson
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Unit, School of Dental Science, University of Melbourne, Australia
Gene 167:127-32. 1995Two genes that encode methylmalonyl-CoA mutase (MCM) have been characterised in Porphyromonas gingivalis W50 (Pg)...
- Theoretical analysis of the diradical nature of adenosylcobalamin cofactor-tyrosine complex in B12-dependent mutases: inspiring PCET-driven enzymatic catalysisPawel M Kozlowski
Department of Chemistry, University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky 40292, USA
J Phys Chem B 114:5928-39. 2010..In particular, methylmalonyl-CoA mutase (MCM) and glutamate mutase (GLM) enzymes have been studied; in the case of MCM, the significance of the Y89 residue has ..
- Experimental study on mechanism and rarity of metastases in skeletal muscleChenghua Luo
Department of General Surgery, 301 Hospital, Beijing 100853, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 115:1645-9. 2002..To investigate the reasons for the rarity of metastases in skeletal muscle...
- Association of germline mutations in the fumarate hydratase gene and uterine fibroids in women with hereditary leiomyomatosis and renal cell cancerLaveta Stewart
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, Genetic Epidemiology Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Rockville, MD 20892 7231, USA
Arch Dermatol 144:1584-92. 2008..To investigate the risk of uterine fibroids and other reproductive risk factors in women with hereditary leiomyomatosis and renal cell cancer (HLRCC)...
- Comparing the General Practice Research Database and the UK Epilepsy and Pregnancy Register as tools for postmarketing teratogen surveillance: anticonvulsants and the risk of major congenital malformationsRachel A Charlton
Department of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, University of Bath, Bath, UK
Drug Saf 34:157-71. 2011....
- [Couples' knowledge and attitudes regarding the practice of family planning in the jungle of Peru]Doris de la Cruz-Peñarán
Instituto Nacional de Salud Pública INSP, Avenida Universidad 655, colonia Santa María, Ahuacatitlán 62508 Cuernavaca, Morelos, Mexico
Salud Publica Mex 45:461-71. 2003..To assess the association of knowledge and attitudes about family planning (FP) with its practice in couples of the Peruvian jungle region...
- Analysis of genomic instability in Li-Fraumeni fibroblasts with germline p53 mutationsP K Liu
Division of Laboratory Medicine, Department of Tumor Biology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
Oncogene 12:2267-78. 1996..We used p53(wt/mut) and p53(mut/-) LFS fibroblasts, and p53(-/-) non-LFS cells...
- Flavin adenine dinucleotide status and the effects of high-dose riboflavin treatment in short-chain acyl-CoA dehydrogenase deficiencyBianca T van Maldegem
Department of Pediatrics, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Pediatr Res 67:304-8. 2010..in a prospective open-label cohort study involving 16 patients with SCADD, subdivided into mutation/mutation (mut/mut), mutation/variant (mut/var), and variant/variant (var/var) genotype groups...
- Endothelial cell-derived lipase mediates uptake and binding of high-density lipoprotein (HDL) particles and the selective uptake of HDL-associated cholesterol esters independent of its enzymic activityJuliane G Strauss
Institute of Molecular Biology, Biochemistry and Microbiology, University of Graz, Harrachgasse 21, A 8010 Graz, Austria
Biochem J 368:69-79. 2002..by the finding that, in contrast with EDL, the amount of cell-surface-bound enzymically inactive mutant EDL (MUT-EDL) was not reduced in the presence of HDL and foetal calf serum...
- Sorbitol co-feeding reduces metabolic burden caused by the overexpression of a Rhizopus oryzae lipase in Pichia pastorisRamon Ramon
Departament d Enginyeria Quimica, ETSE, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, 08193 Bellaterra, Barcelona, Spain
J Biotechnol 130:39-46. 2007..Remarkably, a different substrate consumption behaviour was observed depending on the host's phenotype (Mut(+) or Mut(s)) in batch cultures: when the methanol assimilation capacity is genetically reduced (Mut(s) phenotype), ..
- Involvement of toll-like receptor 4 in alveolar bone loss and glucose homeostasis in experimental periodontitisK Watanabe
Department of Periodontics, College of Dentistry, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612 7212, USA
J Periodontal Res 46:21-30. 2011..We therefore hypothesized that mice with periodontitis and a TLR4 loss-of-function (LOF) mutation fed a high-fat (HF) diet would develop improved glucose homeostasis compared with wild-type (WT) animals with periodontitis fed a HF diet...
- Long-lasting effects of chronic ozone exposure on rat nasal epitheliumJ R Harkema
Department of Pathology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan 48824, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 20:517-29. 1999..We have recently reported that long-term inhalation exposure to ozone causes mucous-cell metaplasia (MCM) in the surface epithelium lining the nasal airways of F344 rats...
- T-->G or T-->A mutation introduced in the branchpoint consensus sequence of intron 4 of lecithin:cholesterol acyltransferase (LCAT) gene: intron retention causing LCAT deficiencyM Li
Atherosclerosis Specialty Laboratory, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, St Paul s Hospital and University of British Columbia, 1081 Burrard Street, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Biochim Biophys Acta 1391:256-64. 1998..e., LCAT Int-4 MUT-1 (T-->G) and LCAT Int-4 MUT-2 (T-->A)...
- The nuclear envelope prevents reinitiation of replication by regulating the binding of MCM3 to chromatin in Xenopus egg extractsM A Madine
Wellcome CRC Institute, Cambridge, UK
Curr Biol 5:1270-9. 1995A complex of MCM proteins is implicated in ensuring that DNA replicates only once in each cell cycle, by 'replication licensing'...
- Physical and functional interaction between the mini-chromosome maintenance-like DNA helicase and the single-stranded DNA binding protein from the crenarchaeon Sulfolobus solfataricusFloriana Carpentieri
Istituto di Biochimica delle Proteine, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Via P Castellino 111, Napoli 80131, Italy
J Biol Chem 277:12118-27. 2002Mini-chromosome Maintenance (MCM) proteins play an essential role in both initiation and elongation phases of DNA replication in Eukarya...
- Altered expression of cell cycle and apoptotic proteins in chronic hepatitis C virus infectionSaira Sarfraz
1Department of Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Aga Khan University, Karachi, Pakistan
BMC Microbiol 8:133. 2008..and normal histology (n = 5) were analyzed by immunohistochemistry using antibodies against proliferation marker Mcm-2, G1 phase marker Cyclin D1, S phase marker Cyclin A, cell cycle regulators p21 (CDK inhibitor) and p53 (tumor ..
- Functional localization and competition between the androgen receptor and T-cell factor for nuclear beta-catenin: a means for inhibition of the Tcf signaling axisDavid J Mulholland
The Prostate Centre, Jack Bell Research, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6H 3Z6
Oncogene 22:5602-13. 2003..Transient transfections in SW480 cells (APC(mut/mut)) showed that this mode of repression is functionally independent of APC-mediated beta-catenin ubiquitination...
- [Histologic study of local infiltration of spinal bone giant cell tumor and chordoma]Jie Lan
Department of Orthopedics, Peking University Third Hospital, Beijing 100191, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 46:1808-11. 2008..To study the local infiltration length of spinal bone giant cell tumor and chordoma in various para-tumorous tissues...
- Virulence variation among isolates of western equine encephalitis virus in an outbred mouse modelChristopher H Logue
Division of Vector Borne Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Fort Collins, CO 80521, USA
J Gen Virol 90:1848-58. 2009..f.u. of each virus. Two WEEV strains, McMillan (McM) and Imperial 181 (IMP), were the most divergent of the six in genome sequence; McM caused 100 % mortality by 5 ..
- Accelerated oxidation of epinephrine by silica nanoparticlesZhimin Tao
Department of Chemistry, Syracuse University, Syracuse, New York 13244, USA
Langmuir 25:10183-8. 2009We have measured the influence of mesoporous silica (MCM-41 and SBA-15) nanoparticles and dense silica nanoparticles on epinephrine oxidation, a pH-dependent reaction, whose rate is small in acidic or neutral solutions but much greater ..
- An enzymatically inactivated hemoglobinase from Necator americanus induces neutralizing antibodies against multiple hookworm species and protects dogs against heterologous hookworm infectionMark S Pearson
Division of Infectious Diseases, Queensland Institute of Medical Research and The Australian Centre for Vaccine Development, Brisbane, Australia
FASEB J 23:3007-19. 2009..Toward developing a human hookworm vaccine, we expressed both wild-type (Na-APR-1(wt)) and mutant (Na-APR-1(mut)-mutagenesis of the catalytic aspartic acids) forms of Na-APR-1 from the human hookworm, Necator americanus...
- Modular organization of the Sulfolobus solfataricus mini-chromosome maintenance proteinBiagio Pucci
Istituto di Biochimica delle Proteine, Consiglio Nazionale Ricerche, Via P Castellino, 111, 80131 Napoli, Italy
J Biol Chem 282:12574-82. 2007Mini-chromosome maintenance (MCM) proteins form ring-like hexameric complexes that are commonly believed to act as the replicative DNA helicase at the eukaryotic/archaeal DNA replication fork...
- Methanococcus maripaludis: an archaeon with multiple functional MCM proteins?Alison D Walters
Department of Biology Area 5, PO Box 373, University of York, York YO10 5YW, UK
Biochem Soc Trans 37:1-6. 2009..Key proteins involved in the initiation and elongation phases of DNA replication include the MCM (minchromosome maintenance) proteins, MCM2-MCM7, a family of six related proteins believed to act as the ..
- Glucose-6 phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency decreases the vascular response to angiotensin IIReiko Matsui
Vascular Biology Unit, Whitaker Cardiovascular Institute and Evans Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Mass 02118 2393, USA
Circulation 112:257-63. 2005..We determined the hypertensive and vascular hypertrophic response to Ang II in G6PD-deficient mice...
- Improvement of dissolution rate of piroxicam by inclusion into MCM-41 mesoporous silicateV Ambrogi
Dipartimento di Chimica e Tecnologia del Farmaco, Via del Liceo 1, Perugia, Italy
Eur J Pharm Sci 32:216-22. 2007The aim of the present paper was the use of mesoporous silicate MCM-41 to increase the dissolution rate of piroxicam, a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug-class II of the Biopharmaceutic Classification System...
- Cloning and characterization of mouse intestinal MUC3 mucin: 3' sequence contains epidermal-growth-factor-like domainsL L Shekels
Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota and VA Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA
Biochem J 330:1301-8. 1998..We report here the cloning of a mouse caecal mucin (MCM). Amino acid analysis of purified MCM revealed a high content of serine (10.8%) and threonine (25.1%)...
- Study on the indoor volatile organic compound treatment and performance assessment with TiO2/MCM-41 and TiO2/quartz photoreactor under ultraviolet irradiationChia Wei Tsai
Department of Environmental Engineering, National I Lan University, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Air Waste Manag Assoc 58:1266-73. 2008..activated by visible irradiation and packed with TiO2/quartz or TiO2/mobile catalytic material number 41 (MCM-41)...
- Calcicludine binding to the outer pore of L-type calcium channels is allosterically coupled to dihydropyridine bindingXianming Wang
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, The Penn State Milton S Hershey College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Biochemistry 46:7590-8. 2007..segment of repeat III were sequentially changed to alanine in groups of three, resulting in the mutant channels, Mut-A, Mut-B, and Mut-C. Mut-A, whose substitutions are proximal to IIIS5, exhibits a 4...
- Immunohistochemical evaluation of metallothionein, Mcm-2 and Ki-67 antigen expression in tumors of the adrenal cortexArtur Szajerka
Second Department of General and Oncological Surgery, Medical University, M Curie Sklodowska Street 66, Poland
Anticancer Res 28:2959-65. 2008The aim of this study was to assess the metallothionein (MT), maintenance protein 2 (Mcm-2) and Ki-67 expressions in adrenocortical adenomas and carcinomas in comparison to normal tissue and evaluate the correlations between these ..
- Induction of glioma apoptosis by microglia-secreted molecules: The role of nitric oxide and cathepsin BSo Young Hwang
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, and Center for Advanced Medical Education by BK21 Project, Inha University, College of Medicine, Nam Ku, Incheon 402 751, Korea
Biochim Biophys Acta 1793:1656-68. 2009..Microglia conditioned culture medium (MCM) actively stimulated apoptotic death of glioma cells, and the effects of MCM prepared from LPS- or IFN-gamma-..
- The Xenopus origin recognition complex is essential for DNA replication and MCM binding to chromatinP Romanowski
Wellcome CRC Institute, Cambridge
Curr Biol 6:1416-25. 1996The origin recognition complex (ORC) and the minichromosome maintenance (MCM) protein complex were initially discovered in yeast and shown to be essential for DNA replication...
- The influence of flotation solution, sample dilution and the choice of McMaster slide area (volume) on the reliability of the McMaster technique in estimating the faecal egg counts of gastrointestinal strongyles and Dicrocoelium dendriticum in sheepG Cringoli
Dipartimento di Patologia e Sanita Animale, Facolta di Medicina Veterinaria, Universita degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, CREMOPAR Regione Campania, Via Della Veterinaria 1, 80137 Napoli, Italy
Vet Parasitol 123:121-31. 2004..For each McMaster slide, the GI strongyle and D. dendriticum egg counts were performed under one grid (McM 0.15 ml), two grids (McM 0.3 ml), one chamber (McM 0.5 ml), and both chambers (McM 1.0 ml)...
- Determination of very low levels of gold and palladium in wastewater and soil samples by atomic absorption after preconcentration on modified MCM-48 and MCM-41 silicaH Ebrahimzadeh
Department of Chemistry, Shahid Beheshti University, G C, Evin, Tehran, Iran
Talanta 81:1183-8. 2010..Extraction was investigated on adsorbents prepared by grafting aminopropyl on the surface of MCM-41 and MCM-48 mesoporous silica...
- Kinetics and thermodynamics of the adsorption of some dyestuffs and p-nitrophenol by chitosan and MCM-chitosan from aqueous solutionIlhan Uzun
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Education, Dicle University, 21280 Diyarbakir, Turkey
J Colloid Interface Sci 274:398-412. 2004..Sigma C-3646) and the effect of temperature on the adsorption of O-II and CV by monocarboxymethylated chitosan (MCM-chitosan) were investigated...
- A genome-wide screen identifies genes required for formation of the wobble nucleoside 5-methoxycarbonylmethyl-2-thiouridine in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeBo Huang
Department of Molecular Biology, Umea University, 901 87 Umea, Sweden
RNA 14:2183-94. 2008..tRNA(mcm5s2UUU Lys), and tRNA(mcm5s2UUG Gln) 3' of the wobble nucleoside 5-methoxycarbonylmethyl-2-thiouridine (mcm(5)s(2)U)...
- Specific targeting to B cells by lipid-based nanoparticles conjugated with a novel CD22-ScFvKristin Loomis
Center for Cancer Research Nanobiology Program, National Cancer Institute at Frederick, National Institutes of Health, Frederick, MD 21702 1201, USA
Exp Mol Pathol 88:238-49. 2010..Therefore, we generated a mutant of the targeting segment of HA22 (a CD22 scFv) to increase its soluble expression (mut-HA22), and conjugated it to the surface of sonicated liposomes to generate immunoliposomes (mut-HA22-liposomes)...
- Photophysical Properties of Lanthanide Hybrids Covalently Bonded To Functionalized MCM-41 by Modified Aromatic Carboxylic AcidsYing Li
Department of Chemistry, Tongji University, Shanghai, 200092, People s Republic of China
J Fluoresc 19:191-201. 2009b>MCM-41 mesoporous silica has been functionalized with aromatic carboxylic acids salicylic acid (Sal) and 2-hydroxyl-3-methylbenzoic acid (HMBA) through co-condensation approach of tetraethoxysilane (TEOS) in the presence of the ..
- Omeprazole treatment of Korean patients: effects on gastric pH and gastrin release in relation to CYP2C19 geno- and phenotypesHyung Keun Roh
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Karolinska Institutet, Huddinge University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 95:112-9. 2004..patients with acid related disease were genotyped for CYP2C19 by allele specific PCR (wt/wt, CYP2C19*1/*1; wt/mut, CYP2C19*1/*2 or *1/*3; mut/mut, CYP2C19*2/*2, *2/*3 or *3/*3)...
- Novel and existing mutations in the tyrosine kinase domain of the epidermal growth factor receptor are predictors of optimal resectability in malignant peritoneal mesotheliomaJason M Foster
Division of Surgical Oncology, Creighton University Medical Center, Creighton University, Omaha, NE 68131, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 16:152-8. 2009..and their tumors were probed for point mutations in the catalytic TK domain of epidermal growth factor receptor (mut+)...
- The Nrf2-inducible antioxidant defense in astrocytes can be both up- and down-regulated by activated microglia:Involvement of p38 MAPKFernando Correa
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Institute of Biomedicine, University of Gothenburg, Sweden
Glia 59:785-99. 2011The effects of microglia-conditioned medium (MCM) on the inducible Nrf2 system in astrocyte-rich cultures were investigated by determination of glutathione (GSH) levels, γglutamylcysteine ligase (γGCL) activity, the protein levels of ..
- Effects of lipophilic components on the compatibility of lipid-based formulations with hard gelatin capsulesFeng Jing Chen
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals Inc, 900 Ridgebury Road, Ridgefield, Connecticut 06877, USA
J Pharm Sci 99:128-41. 2010..1) and an additional lipophilic excipient (Capmul MCM) significantly affected the activity of PG in the fills and the equilibrium of PG between capsule shells and fills...
- Immunohistochemical estimation of cell cycle phase in laryngeal neoplasiaP Chatrath
MRC Cancer Cell Unit, Hutchison MRC Research Centre, Cambridge CB2 2XZ, UK
Br J Cancer 95:314-21. 2006..Antibodies against the markers of cell cycle entry, minichromosome maintenance protein-2 (Mcm-2) and Ki67, and putative markers of cell cycle phase, cyclin D1 (G1-phase), cyclin A (S-phase), cyclin B1 (G2-..
- Nuclear envelope alterations in fibroblasts from LGMD1B patients carrying nonsense Y259X heterozygous or homozygous mutation in lamin A/C geneAntoine Muchir
INSERM U582, Institut de Myologie, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, 75013, Paris, France
Exp Cell Res 291:352-62. 2003..limb-girdle muscular dystrophy and from her deceased newborn grandchild carrying, respectively, a heterozygous (+/mut) and a homozygous (mut/mut) nonsense Y259X mutation...
- Interactions between the archaeal Cdc6 and MCM proteins modulate their biochemical propertiesRajesh Kasiviswanathan
University of Maryland Biotechnology Institute, Center for Advanced Research in Biotechnology, 9600 Gudelsky Drive, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 33:4940-50. 2005The origin recognition complex, Cdc6 and the minichromosome maintenance (MCM) complex play essential roles in the initiation of eukaryotic DNA replication...
- Using mesoporous silica MCM-41 for in-line enrichment of atmospheric volatile organic compoundsTung Min Wu
Department of Chemistry, National Central University, Chungli 320, Taiwan
J Chromatogr A 1105:168-75. 2006A mesoporous silica MCM-41 with pore size of 29A was synthesized and assessed for its applicability as a sorbent for in-line trapping of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) from air samples...
- Microglial regulation of cholinergic differentiation in the basal forebrainG Miller Jonakait
Federated Department of Biological Sciences, New Jersey Institute of Technology, Newark, New Jersey, USA
Dev Neurobiol 72:857-64. 2012..Conditioned medium (CM) taken from microglia stimulated variously (microglial CM; MCM) increased activity of choline acetyltransferase (ChAT), the enzyme responsible for acetylcholine biosynthesis and ..
- Identification of retinol binding protein 1 promoter hypermethylation in isocitrate dehydrogenase 1 and 2 mutant gliomasArthur P Chou
Department of Neurology, David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California Los Angeles, 90095, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 104:1458-69. 2012..tumor suppressor genes whose promoter methylation may contribute to gliomagenesis, we compared methylation profiles of IDH1 mutant (MUT) and IDH1 wild-type (WT) tumors using massively parallel reduced representation bisulfite sequencing.
- Clinical and molecular findings in Thai patients with isolated methylmalonic acidemiaNithiwat Vatanavicharn
Division of Medical Genetics, Department of Pediatrics, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Mol Genet Metab 106:424-9. 2012..genetically heterogeneous organic acid disorder caused by either deficiency of the enzyme methylmalonyl-CoA mutase (MCM), or a defect in the biosynthesis of its cofactor, adenosyl-cobalamin (AdoCbl)...
- Three alkali-metal-gold-gallium systems. Ternary tunnel structures and some problems with poorly ordered cationsVolodymyr Smetana
Ames Laboratory DOE and Department of Chemistry, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa 50011, USA
Inorg Chem 51:7711-21. 2012..56(9))Au(2)Ga(2) (I, I4/mcm, a = 8.718(1) Å, c = 4.857(1) Å, Z = 4), Rb(0.56(1))Au(2)Ga(2) (II, I4/mcm, a = 8.950(1) Å, c = 4...
- The IR1152 mutant insulin receptor selectively impairs insulin action in skeletal muscle but not in liverM Caruso
Dipartimento di Biologia e Patologia Cellulare e Molecolare and Centro di Endocrinologia ed Oncologia Sperimentale del Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Federico II University of Naples Medical School, Italy
Diabetes 49:1194-202. 2000..Hepatocytes without the insulin receptor gene and expressing IR1152 (Hep(MUT)) also showed normal insulin suppression of glucose production and full insulin response of glycogen synthase...
- Modeling a minimal cellMichael L Shuler
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA
Methods Mol Biol 881:573-610. 2012..As an initial step toward this aim, a minimal cell model (MCM) has been formulated...
- Interactions of the human MCM-BP protein with MCM complex components and Dbf4Tin Nguyen
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
PLoS ONE 7:e35931. 2012b>MCM-BP was discovered as a protein that co-purified from human cells with MCM proteins 3 through 7; results which were recapitulated in frogs, yeast and plants...
- TET2 mutations in acute myeloid leukemia (AML): results from a comprehensive genetic and clinical analysis of the AML study groupVerena I Gaidzik
Universitatsklinikum Ulm, Ulm, Germany
J Clin Oncol 30:1350-7. 2012..To date, there is increasing evidence for a functional role of TET2 mutations (TET2(mut)) in AML...
- Human tRNA(Lys3)(UUU) is pre-structured by natural modifications for cognate and wobble codon binding through keto-enol tautomerismFranck A P Vendeix
Department of Molecular and Structural Biochemistry, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27695 7622, USA
J Mol Biol 416:467-85. 2012..The posttranscriptional modifications 5-methoxycarbonylmethyl-2-thiouridine (mcm(5)s(2)U(34)), 2-methylthio-N(6)-threonylcarbamoyladenosine (ms(2)t(6)A(37)), and pseudouridine (Ψ(39)) in the tRNA'..
- Intrinsic catalytic role of mesoporous silica in preferential oxidation of carbon monoxide in excess hydrogenShengjun Huang
Catalysis Research Center, Hokkaido University, Kita 21 Nishi 10, Kita ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido 001 0021 Japan, Fax 81 11 706 9139
Chemistry 18:4738-47. 2012We have studied the intrinsic catalytic role of MCM-41 mesoporous silica in preferential oxidation of CO in excess H(2) (PROX)...
- Investigation of the physicochemical aspects from natural kaolin to Al-MCM-41 mesoporous materialsChunfang Du
Department of Inorganic Materials, School of Resources Processing and Bioengineering, Central South University, Changsha, China
J Colloid Interface Sci 369:216-22. 2012Aluminum-containing hexagonally ordered mesoporous silica Al-MCM-41 was synthesized by hydrothermal treatment of leached products produced by pre-grinding and subsequent acid leaching of natural kaolin, without addition of silica or ..
- ALS-linked mutant SOD1 induces ER stress- and ASK1-dependent motor neuron death by targeting Derlin-1Hideki Nishitoh
Core Research for Evolutional Science and Technology CREST, Japan Science and Technology Corporation, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Genes Dev 22:1451-64. 2008..Mutant SOD1 protein (SOD1(mut)) induces motor neuron death, although the molecular mechanism of SOD1(mut)-induced cell death remains ..
- The influence of carbon sources on recombinant-human- growth-hormone production by Pichia pastoris is dependent on phenotype: a comparison of Muts and Mut+ strainsMehmet Ali Orman
Chemical Engineering Department, Middle East Technical University, 06531 Ankara, Turkey
Biotechnol Appl Biochem 52:245-55. 2009..pastoris-hGH-Mut(+) and P. pastoris-hGH-Mut(s)) was investigated using batch bioreactors...
- Key amino acid residues responsible for the differences in substrate specificity of human UDP-glucuronosyltransferase (UGT)1A9 and UGT1A8Ryoichi Fujiwara
Drug Metabolism and Toxicology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kanazawa University, Kakumamachi, Kanazawa 920 1192, Japan
Drug Metab Dispos 37:41-6. 2009..In this study, we constructed expression systems in human embryonic kidney 293 cells for seven mutants (Mut) UGT1A9, Mut 1 (R42Q), Mut 2 (K91M, A92D), Mut 3 (Y106F, G111S, D115G), Mut 4 (N152A), Mut 5 (L173A), Mut 6 (L219F, ..
- Functional conservation of beta-hairpin DNA binding domains in the Mcm protein of Methanobacterium thermoautotrophicum and the Mcm5 protein of Saccharomyces cerevisiaeRonald P Leon
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, School of Medicine, University of Colorado, Denver, Colorado 80045, USA
Genetics 179:1757-68. 2008b>Mcm proteins are an important family of evolutionarily conserved helicases required for DNA replication in eukaryotes. The eukaryotic Mcm complex consists of six paralogs that form a heterohexameric ring...
- Molecular basis of methylmalonyl-CoA mutase apoenzyme defect in 40 European patients affected by mut(o) and mut- forms of methylmalonic acidemia: identification of 29 novel mutations in the MUT geneCecile Acquaviva
Fédération de Génétique, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Robert Debre, Paris, France
Hum Mutat 25:167-76. 2005..a rare metabolic disease that may result in distinct biochemical phenotypes of methylmalonic acidemia (MMA), namely mut(o) and mut-...
- Cleavage of MCM2 licensing protein fosters senescence in human keratinocytesHideki Harada
Gastroenterology Division and Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Cell Cycle 7:3534-8. 2008In eukaryotic cells, MCM, the minichromosome maintenance proteins, form a heterohexamer during G(1) phase in the cell cycle and constitute a DNA helicase activity at the onset of replication...
- Adsorption of phenol and o-chlorophenol by mesoporous MCM-41Priti A Mangrulkar
Environmental Materials Unit, National Environmental Engineering Research Institute CSIR, Nagpur 440 020, India
J Hazard Mater 160:414-21. 2008..Present work deals with the adsorption of phenol (PhOH) and o-chlorophenol (o-CP) on mesoporous MCM-41 material. The effect of surfactant template in MCM-41 on the removal of PhOH and o-CP was investigated...
- Low-defect, purified, narrowly (n,m)-dispersed single-walled carbon nanotubes grown from cobalt-incorporated MCM-41Yuan Chen
Department of Chemical Engineering, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
ACS Nano 1:327-36. 2007..carbon nanotubes (SWCNTs) with narrow semiconducting (n,m) distribution produced from cobalt-incorporated MCM-41 (Co-MCM-41) in order to obtain bulk low-defect-density nanotubes...
- Minichromosome maintenance protein expression according to the grade of atypism in actinic keratosisJung Won Shin
Department of Dermatology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Korea
Am J Dermatopathol 32:794-8. 2010The minichromosome maintenance (MCM) family is a group of proteins that are key initiation factors for DNA replication and are expressed only in cycling cells...
- Structures of the human GTPase MMAA and vitamin B12-dependent methylmalonyl-CoA mutase and insight into their complex formationD Sean Froese
Structural Genomics Consortium, University of Oxford OX3 7DU, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 285:38204-13. 2010..Cbl) is essential to the function of two human enzymes, methionine synthase (MS) and methylmalonyl-CoA mutase (MUT)...
- A fraction of MCM 2 proteins remain associated with replication foci during a major part of S phaseM Masata
Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, Berlin, Germany
Folia Biol (Praha) 57:3-11. 2011The essential role of MCM 2-7 proteins in the initiation of DNA replication in all eukaryotes is well known. Their role in replication elongation is supported by numerous studies, but there is still a knowledge gap in this respect...
- Silica materials recovered from photonic industrial waste powder: its extraction, modification, characterization and applicationLiang Yi Lin
Institute of Environmental Engineering, National Chiao Tung University, 1001 University Rd, Hsinchu 300, Taiwan
J Hazard Mater 192:255-62. 2011..The supernatant is a valuable silicate source for synthesizing mesoporous silica material such as MCM-41...
- Roles of Trm9- and ALKBH8-like proteins in the formation of modified wobble uridines in Arabidopsis tRNAVibeke Leihne
Department of Molecular Biosciences, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Nucleic Acids Res 39:7688-701. 2011..In eukaryotes, wobble uridines are modified into 5-methoxycarbonylmethyluridine (mcm(5)U), 5-carbamoylmethyluridine (ncm(5)U) or derivatives thereof...
- Clinical characteristics and gene mutation analysis of methylmalonic aciduriaQin Yi
Department of Pediatrics, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci 31:384-9. 2011..is a common inherited autosomal recessive disorder resulting from defects in the enzyme methylmalonyl CoA mutase (MCM, mut complementation group) or in the synthesis of the MCM cofactor adenosylcobalamin (cbl complementation groups)...
- Enhancement in adsorption and catalytic activity of enzymes immobilized on phosphorus- and calcium-modified MCM-41Kuwahara Yasutaka
Division of Materials and Manufacturing Science, Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka University, 2 1 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Phys Chem B 115:10335-45. 2011An oxidative enzyme, horseradish peroxidase (HRP), was immobilized on phosphorus- and/or calcium-modified MCM-41 mesoporous silicas with suitable pore diameters...
- Study on formulation variables of methotrexate loaded mesoporous MCM-41 nanoparticles for dissolution enhancementNasir Vadia
Pharmacy Department, M S University of Baroda, Centre of Relevance and Excellence in New Drug Delivery System, Vadodara 390002, Gujarat, India
Eur J Pharm Sci 45:8-18. 2012The aim of this study was to develop methotrexate loaded mesoporous MCM-41 nanoparticles for improved dissolution of methotrexate. The mesoporous MCM-41 nanoparticles act as carrier for drug and increase the solubility of the drug...
- Contractile dysfunction irrespective of the mutant protein in human hypertrophic cardiomyopathy with normal systolic functionSabine J Van Dijk
Laboratory for Physiology, Institute for Cardiovascular Research, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Circ Heart Fail 5:36-46. 2012..We studied if changes in sarcomeric properties in HCM depend on the underlying protein mutation...
- Expansion of immunoglobulin-secreting cells and defects in B cell tolerance in Rag-dependent immunodeficiencyJolan E Walter
Division of Immunology and The Manton Center for Orphan Disease Research, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Exp Med 207:1541-54. 2010..We have studied a mut/mut mouse model of leaky SCID with a homozygous Rag1 S723C mutation that impairs, but does not abrogate, V(D)J ..
- Synthesis of spherical-like Pt-MCM-41 meso-materials with high catalytic performance for hydrogenation of nitrobenzeneHuiping Liu
Key Laboratory for Advanced Materials and Research Institute of Industrial Catalysis, East China University of Science and Technology, Shanghai 200237, People s Republic of China
J Colloid Interface Sci 346:486-93. 2010Spherical-like Pt-MCM-41 meso-materials, including Pt-MCM-41, Pt-Al-MCM-41, and Pt-La-MCM-41, as well as MCM-41, were synthesized by a "one-step" approach with orthosilicate (TEOS) as silica source and cetyltrimethylammonium bromide (..
- ATP hydrolysis and DNA binding confer thermostability on the MCM helicaseNozomi Sakakibara
University of Maryland Biotechnology Institute, Center for Advanced Research in Biotechnology, Rockville, Maryland 20850, USA
Biochemistry 48:2330-9. 2009The minichromosome maintenance (MCM) helicase is the replicative helicase in archaea. The enzyme utilizes the energy derived from ATP hydrolysis to translocate along one strand of the DNA and unwind the complementary strand...
- [Effect of host MCM-41 on the luminescence properties of Tb(aspirin)3phen]Chun Jia Peng
School of Materials Science and Engineering, Changchun University of Science and Technology, Changchun 130022, China
Guang Pu Xue Yu Guang Pu Fen Xi 28:2498-502. 2008Highly ordered mesoporous material MCM-41A(after calcination) and MCM-41B (before calcination) were synthesized in ethylenediamine (EDA) medium at room temperature, and the rare earth complexes Tb(aspirin)3phen which had been heat ..
- Cardiac myosin-binding protein C mutations and hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: haploinsufficiency, deranged phosphorylation, and cardiomyocyte dysfunctionSabine J Van Dijk
Laboratory for Physiology, Institute for Cardiovascular Research, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Circulation 119:1473-83. 2009..In the present study, we investigated whether protein composition and function of the sarcomere are altered in a homogeneous familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy patient group with frameshift mutations in MYBPC3 (MYBPC3(mut)).
- Quantification of water and silanol species on various silicas by coupling IR spectroscopy and in-situ thermogravimetryJean Paul Gallas
, Caen, France
Langmuir 25:5825-34. 2009Five silica samples (four precipitated silicas provided by commercial suppliers and one with the MCM-41 structure) have been studied by infrared spectroscopy and by a homemade thermogravimetry-infrared spectrum (TG-IR) setup...
- [In situ diffuse reflectance FTIR spectroscopy study of CO adsorption on Ni2P/mesoporous molecule sieve catalysts]Qian qian Liu
State Key Laboratory of Chemical Resource Engineering, Beijing University of Chemical Technology, Beijing 100029, China
Guang Pu Xue Yu Guang Pu Fen Xi 29:1227-31. 2009..wetness impregnation using nickel nitrate as nickel source, diammonium hydrogen phosphate as phosphorus source, and MCM-41, MCM-48, SBA-15 and SBA-16 as supports, respectively...
- Kainic acid-activated microglia mediate increased excitability of rat hippocampal neurons in vitro and in vivo: crucial role of interleukin-1betaHonghua Zheng
Department of Brain Research, Division of Anatomy, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430030, China
Neuroimmunomodulation 17:31-8. 2010....
- Biochemical and genetical analyses of the three mcm genes from the hyperthermophilic archaeon, Thermococcus kodakarensisSonoko Ishino
Department of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Graduate School of Bioresource and Bioenvironmental Sciences, Kyushu University, Hakozaki, Higashi ku, Fukuoka, Japan
Genes Cells 16:1176-89. 2011In eukaryotes, the replicative DNA helicase 'core' is the minichromosome maintenance (Mcm) complex (MCM), forming a heterohexameric complex consisting of six subunits (Mcm2-7)...
- Novel associations of CPS1, MUT, NOX4, and DPEP1 with plasma homocysteine in a healthy population: a genome-wide evaluation of 13 974 participants in the Women's Genome Health StudyGuillaume Pare
Center for Cardiovascular Disease Prevention and the Donald W Reynolds Center for Cardiovascular Research, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 900 Commonwealth Ave East, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Genet 2:142-50. 2009..Although genetic variants of MTHFR and CBS are known to influence homocysteine concentration, common genetic determinants of homocysteine remain largely unknown...
- Isomer-dependent adsorption and release of cis- and trans-platin anticancer drugs by mesoporous silica nanoparticlesZhimin Tao
Department of Chemistry, Syracuse University, Syracuse, New York 13244, USA
Langmuir 26:8914-24. 2010..Two types of particles, MCM-41 and SBA-15, were used, either as just synthesized or after calcination to remove the templates...
- Enhancement of neuronal outward delayed rectifier K+ current by human monocyte-derived macrophagesDehui Hu
Neurophysiology Laboratory, Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Neuroscience, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198 5880, USA
Glia 57:1492-500. 2009..Bath application of LPS-stimulated MDM-conditioned media (MCM) enhanced neuronal I(K) in a concentration-dependent manner, whereas non-stimulated MCM failed to alter neuronal I(..
- Intracellular localization of hepatic propionyl-CoA carboxylase and methylmalonyl-CoA mutase in humans and normal and vitamin B12 deficient ratsE P Frenkel
Br J Haematol 31:501-13. 1975..Vitamin B12 deficiency did not alter the subcellular localization. Finally, a rapid enzymatic assay for methylmalonyl-CoA mutase was described...
- Multiple cross mapping (MCM) markedly improves the localization of a QTL for ethanol-induced activationR Hitzemann
Department of Behavioral Neuroscience, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97201 3098, USA
Genes Brain Behav 1:214-22. 2002This study examines the use of multiple cross mapping (MCM) to reduce the interval for an ethanol response QTL on mouse chromosome 1. The phenotype is the acute locomotor response to a 1.5-g/kg i.p. dose of ethanol...
- INBORN ERRORS--MOLECULAR ANALYSIS IN CULTURED CELLSLeon Rosenberg; Fiscal Year: 1990..to cystathionine beta-synthase (CS) deficiency; methylmalonic acidemia, due to methylmalonyl CoA mutase apoenzyme (MUT) deficiency; hyperammonemia, due to ornithine transcarbamylase (OTC) deficiency; and propionic acidemia, due to ..
- MOLECULAR GENETIC STUDIES ON METHYLMALONYL COA MUTASEFred Ledley; Fiscal Year: 1992..clone for methylmalonyl CoA mutase from human liver and demonstrated that this clone can be used to transduce MCM activity into cultured cells by genetic transfer...
- Optimization of SWCNT/siRNA complex formulation for tumor accumulationLynn Kirkpatrick; Fiscal Year: 2012..Mutant KRAS (mut-KRAS) is the prototypical undruggable cancer target...
- MCM PROTEIN FUNCTION DURING EUKARYOTIC DNA REPLICATIONStephen Bell; Fiscal Year: 2002..The MCM proteins are a family of six related proteins that play a central role in the replication process in the yeast S...
- Role of Ddk Kinase in Regulation of DNA ReplicationWei Jiang; Fiscal Year: 2006..We will examine whether HsCdc7/HsDbf4 phosphorylation of MCM2 affects the formation or conformation of MCM heteromeric complexes and regulates the helicase activity of MCM complex(es)...
- RNA-Mediated Silencing: Mechanisms and Biological Roles in ChlamydomonasHeriberto Cerutti; Fiscal Year: 2009..1) Molecular characterization of mutants defective in dsRNA-mediated silencing (Mut-68, Mut-70, and Mut-91)...
- FACTORS REGULATING TRANSPOSITION IN C. ELEGANSJohn Collins; Fiscal Year: 1992..activity of Tc3, Tc4, and Tc5 has been detected only in genetic backgrounds containing the mutator mutation mut-2(r459). Genetic methods will be used to determine. if the activity of these elements is indeed mut-2-specific...
- Role of ATM in Radiosensitivity of GliomasChandan Guha; Fiscal Year: 2004..t.) and U-138 (p53 mut) GBM cells resulting in enhanced radiosensitivity in vitro...
- ENDOTOXIN INDUCED MUCOUS CELL METAPLASIAYohannes Tesfaigzi; Fiscal Year: 2003..that Bcl-2 expression (a gene that inhibits apoptosis or programmed cell death) plays in mucous cell metaplasia (MCM)...