Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MTMR4
Description: myotubularin related protein 4
Alias: FYVE-DSP2, ZFYVE11, myotubularin-related protein 4, FYVE domain-containing dual specificity protein phosphatase 2, zinc finger FYVE domain-containing protein 11, zinc finger, FYVE domain containing 11
- Anderson D, Holt B, Pennell C, Holt P, Hart P, Blackwell J. Genome-wide association study of vitamin D levels in children: replication in the Western Australian Pregnancy Cohort (Raine) study. Genes Immun. 2014;15:578-83 pubmed publisher..3 Ã— 10(-6)) that could be of functional interest in highlighting alternative pathways for vitamin D metabolism in this age group and merits further analysis in other cohort studies. ..
- St Denis N, Gupta G, Lin Z, Gonzalez Badillo B, Pelletier L, Gingras A. Myotubularin-related proteins 3 and 4 interact with polo-like kinase 1 and centrosomal protein of 55 kDa to ensure proper abscission. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2015;14:946-60 pubmed publisher..This work provides a novel role for myotubularin-related protein 3/4 heterodimers, and highlights the temporal and spatial complexity of the regulation of cytokinesis. ..
- Hao F, Itoh T, Morita E, Shirahama Noda K, Yoshimori T, Noda T. The PtdIns3-phosphatase MTMR3 interacts with mTORC1 and suppresses its activity. FEBS Lett. 2016;590:161-73 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, phosphatase-deficient full length MTMR3 and the phosphatase domain alone were localized to the Golgi. These results suggest a new regulatory mechanism of mTORC1 in association with PI3P. ..
- Teo W, Kerr M, Teasdale R. MTMR4 Is Required for the Stability of the Salmonella-Containing Vacuole. Front Cell Infect Microbiol. 2016;6:91 pubmed publisher..While the phosphoinositide 3-phosphatase myotubularin 4 (MTMR4) has an established role in regulating autophagy and cellular PI(3)P-content, two processes associated with the ..
- Laporte J, Blondeau F, Buj Bello A, Tentler D, Kretz C, Dahl N, et al. Characterization of the myotubularin dual specificity phosphatase gene family from yeast to human. Hum Mol Genet. 1998;7:1703-12 pubmed..Comparison of the various genes allowed construction of a phylogenetic tree and reveals conserved residues which may be essential for function. These genes may be good candidates for other genetic diseases. ..
- Shaffer J, Wang X, Feingold E, Lee M, Begum F, Weeks D, et al. Genome-wide association scan for childhood caries implicates novel genes. J Dent Res. 2011;90:1457-62 pubmed publisher..Verification/replication of suggestive loci may highlight biological mechanisms and/or pathways leading to a fuller understanding of the genetic risks for dental caries. ..
- Yu J, He X, Chen Y, Hao Y, Yang S, Wang L, et al. Myotubularin-related protein 4 (MTMR4) attenuates BMP/Dpp signaling by dephosphorylation of Smad proteins. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:79-88 pubmed publisher..Herein we demonstrated that myotubularin-related protein 4 (MTMR4), a FYVE domain-containing dual-specificity protein phosphatase (DUSP), preferentially associated with and ..
- Plant P, Correa J, Goldenberg N, Bain J, Batt J. The inositol phosphatase MTMR4 is a novel target of the ubiquitin ligase Nedd4. Biochem J. 2009;419:57-63 pubmed publisherThe inositol phosphatase, MTMR4 (myotubularin-related protein 4), was identified as a novel interactor of the ubiquitin ligase Nedd4 (neural-precursor-cell-expressed developmentally down-regulated 4)...