Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MTAP
Description: methylthioadenosine phosphorylase
Alias: BDMF, DMSFH, DMSMFH, LGMBF, MSAP, c86fus, 5'-methylthioadenosine phosphorylase, MTA phosphorylase, MTAPase, MeSAdo phosphorylase, S-methyl-5'-thioadenosine phosphorylase
Publications130 found, 100 shown here
- Selective killing of tumors deficient in methylthioadenosine phosphorylase: a novel strategyMartin Lubin
Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e5735. 2009The gene for methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP) lies on 9p21, close to the gene CDKN2A that encodes the tumor suppressor proteins p16 and p14ARF...
- The structure of human 5'-deoxy-5'-methylthioadenosine phosphorylase at 1.7 A resolution provides insights into substrate binding and catalysisT C Appleby
Section of Biochemistry, Molecular and Cell Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Structure 7:629-41. 19995'-Deoxy-5'-methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP) catalyzes the reversible phosphorolysis of 5'-deoxy-5'-methylthioadenosine (MTA) to adenine and 5-methylthio-D-ribose-1-phosphate...
- Evaluation of nucleoside hydrolase inhibitors for treatment of African trypanosomiasisMaya Berg
Laboratory of Medicinal Chemistry, University of Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 54:1900-8. 2010..b. brucei (IAG-NH, IG-NH, and methylthioadenosine phosphorylase [MTAP]) were investigated using RNA interference...
- Purification and characterization of extremely thermophilic and thermostable 5'-methylthioadenosine phosphorylase from the archaeon Sulfolobus solfataricus. Purine nucleoside phosphorylase activity and evidence for intersubunit disulfide bondsG Cacciapuoti
Institute of Biochemistry of Macromolecules, Faculty of Medicine, Second University of Naples, Italy
J Biol Chem 269:24762-9. 1994..solfataricus the same enzyme is responsible for the catabolism of MTA and of these purine nucleosides...
- Biochemical and structural characterization of mammalian-like purine nucleoside phosphorylase from the Archaeon Pyrococcus furiosusGiovanna Cacciapuoti
Dipartimento di Biochimica e Biofisica F Cedrangolo, Seconda Universita di Napoli, Napoli, Italy
FEBS J 274:2482-95. 2007..a homohexamer of 180 kDa which shows a much higher similarity with 5'-deoxy-5'-methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP) than with purine nucleoside phosphorylase (PNP) family members...
- Three-dimensional structure of a hyperthermophilic 5'-deoxy-5'-methylthioadenosine phosphorylase from Sulfolobus solfataricusT C Appleby
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
J Biol Chem 276:39232-42. 2001..Examination of the three-dimensional structure of SsMTAP suggests that unlike most thermophilic enzymes, disulfide linkages play a key in role in its thermal stability...
- Purine nucleoside phosphorylases from hyperthermophilic Archaea require a CXC motif for stability and foldingGiovanna Cacciapuoti
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics F Cedrangolo, Second University of Naples, Italy
FEBS J 276:5799-805. 2009..The data obtained in the present study represent the first example of how the CXC motif improves both stability and folding in hyperthermophilic proteins with disulfide bonds...
- Endosperm-specific hypomethylation, and meiotic inheritance and variation of DNA methylation level and pattern in sorghum (Sorghum bicolor L.) inter-strain hybridsM S Zhang
Laboratory of Plant Molecular Epigenetics, Institute of Genetics and Cytology, Northeast Normal University, Changchun, 130024, China
Theor Appl Genet 115:195-207. 2007..parents, the developmental stability and inheritance of cytosine methylation in two tissues, leaf and endosperm, by MSAP analysis were investigated...
- Purification and characterization of 5'-methylthioadenosine phosphorylase from the hyperthermophilic archaeon Pyrococcus furiosus: substrate specificity and primary structure analysisGiovanna Cacciapuoti
Dipartimento di Biochimica e Biofisica F Cedrangolo, Seconda Universita di Napoli, Via Costantinopoli 16, 80138, Naples, Italy
Extremophiles 7:159-68. 20035'-Methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP) was purified to homogeneity from the hyperthermophilic archaeon Pyrococcus furiosus. The protein is a homoexamer of 180 kDa...
- Molecular characterization of a rice mutator-phenotype derived from an incompatible cross-pollination reveals transgenerational mobilization of multiple transposable elements and extensive epigenetic instabilityHongyan Wang
Key Laboratory of Molecular Epigenetics of MOE and Institute of Genetics and Cytology, Northeast Normal University, Changchun, PR China
BMC Plant Biol 9:63. 2009....
- Azetidine based transition state analogue inhibitors of N-ribosyl hydrolases and phosphorylasesGary B Evans
Carbohydrate Chemistry Team, Industrial Research Limited, PO Box 31310, Lower Hutt, New Zealand
J Med Chem 51:948-56. 2008..inhibitors (equilibrium dissociation constants as low as 229 pM) of purine nucleoside phosphorylase (PNP), methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP), and methylthioadenosine nucleosidase (MTAN), with potential utility as drug candidates.
- Influence of cryopreservation on the cytosine methylation state of potato genomic NDAAnja Kaczmarczyk
Leibniz Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research IPK, Gatersleben, Germany
Cryo Letters 31:380-91. 2010..epigenetic changes, the DNA methylation status was assayed by methylation-sensitive amplified polymorphism (MSAP) analysis using restriction endonucleases MspI and HpaII. An amount of 93...
- Extremely thermophilic and thermostable 5'-methylthioadenosine phosphorylase from the archaeon Sulfolobus solfataricus. Gene cloning and amino acid sequence determinationG Cacciapuoti
Istituto di Biochimica delle Macromolecole, Facolta di Medicina e Chirurgia, Seconda Universita degli Studi di Napoli, Italy
Eur J Biochem 239:632-7. 1996..Evolutionary and structural implications of this similarity are discussed...
- Sympathoadrenal reactions during asphyxia in hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia of catsS W Kuo
Department of Medicine, Tri Service General Hospital, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan
Chin J Physiol 37:63-71. 1994..5 gm/kg/hr. During hypo- or hyperglycemia, resting mean systemic arterial pressure (MSAP) and heart rate did not change significantly. Brain transection at various levels, i.e...
- The crystal structure of 5'-deoxy-5'-methylthioadenosine phosphorylase II from Sulfolobus solfataricus, a thermophilic enzyme stabilized by intramolecular disulfide bondsYan Zhang
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853 1301, USA
J Mol Biol 357:252-62. 2006....
- Analysis of DNA methylation in different maize tissuesYanli Lu
Maize Research Institute of Sichuan Agriculture University Key Laboratory of Crop Genetic Resource and Improvement, Ministry of Education, Ya an, China
J Genet Genomics 35:41-8. 2008..Both MSAP (methylation sensitive amplification polymorphism) ratio and full methylation level were the highest in bracteal ..
- Comparison of cerebral glucose metabolism between multiple system atrophy Parkinsonian type and Parkinson's diseaseTao Feng
Department of Neurology, Beijing Tiantan Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing, China
Neurol Res 30:377-82. 2008..To investigate the difference in the regional cerebral glucose metabolism between multiple system atrophy Parkinsonian type (MSA-P) and Parkinson's disease (PD)...
- Genetic and DNA-methylation changes induced by potassium dichromate in Brassica napus LMassimo Labra
Dipartimento di Scienze dell Ambiente e del Territorio, Universita degli Studi di Milano Bicocca, Piazza della Scienza 1, 20126 Milano, Italy
Chemosphere 54:1049-58. 2004..using a monoclonal antibody against 5-methylcytosine; and (ii) methylation-sensitive amplified polymorphism (MSAP). Immunolabelling showed cytosine-hypermethylation in the Brassica napus L...
- A novel hyperthermostable 5'-deoxy-5'-methylthioadenosine phosphorylase from the archaeon Sulfolobus solfataricusGiovanna Cacciapuoti
Dipartimento di Biochimica e Biofisica F Cedrangolo, Seconda Universita di Napoli, Italy
FEBS J 272:1886-99. 2005....
- Tumor suppressor gene alterations of spontaneously malignant transformed cells from human embryonic muscle in vitroXianyao Wang
Central Laboratory, Chaozhou Central Hospital, Chaozhou 521021, PR China
Oncol Rep 24:555-61. 2010..several tumor suppressor genes of these cell lines, and homozygous deletions within chromosomal band 9p2l including MTAP (methylthioadenosine phosphorylase), p16 and p15 were detected...
- Construction of methylation linkage map based on MSAP and SSR markers in Sorghum bicolor (L.)Yonghong Duan
Institute of Biotechnology, Shanxi University, Taiyuan, China
IUBMB Life 61:663-9. 2009..a F2 population derived from a cross of B(2)V(4) x 1383-2 based on methylation-sensitive amplified polymorphism (MSAP) and simple sequence repeats (SSR) markers...
- Methylthioadenosine phosphorylase expression in cutaneous squamous cell carcinomaHasen M Alhebshi
Institute of Medicine, University of Brunei Darussalam, Jalan Tungku Link, Gadong BE1410, Brunei Darussalam
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 9:291-4. 2008The methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP) gene is a tumour suppressor gene, located on chromosome 9p21, 100 kb telomeric of the p15 and p16 genes, which are often deleted in tumor cells...
- Spaceflight-induced genetic and epigenetic changes in the rice (Oryza sativa L.) genome are independent of each otherXiufang Ou
Key Laboratory of Molecular Epigenetics of MOE and Institute of Genetics and Cytology, Northeast Normal University, Changchun 130024, China
Genome 53:524-32. 2010..of DNA markers, amplified fragment length polymorphism (AFLP) and methylation sensitive amplified polymorphism (MSAP)...
- Methylthioadenosine phosphorylase as target for chemoselective treatment of T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemic cellsThomas Efferth
Virtual Campus Rhineland Palatinate, Mainz, Germany
Blood Cells Mol Dis 28:47-56. 2002We analyzed the role of methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP) for chemoselective treatment of T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia (T-ALL)...
- Alterations in cytosine methylation and species-specific transcription induced by interspecific hybridization between Oryza sativa and O. officinalisHuajun Jin
Key Laboratory of Ministry of Education for Plant Development Biology, College of Life Sciences, Wuhan University, 430072, Wuhan, China
Theor Appl Genet 117:1271-9. 2008..In this study, we used the methylation-sensitive amplified polymorphism (MSAP) method to survey cytosine methylation alterations that occurred in F(1) hybrid and BC(1) progeny following ..
- Extensions to the Speech Disorders Classification System (SDCS)Lawrence D Shriberg
Waisman Center, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI, USA
Clin Linguist Phon 24:795-824. 2010..Part II describes the Madison Speech Assessment Protocol (MSAP), an ∼ 2-hour battery of 25 measures that includes 15 speech tests and tasks...
- Methylthioadenosine phosphorylase from the archaeon Pyrococcus furiosus. Mechanism of the reaction and assignment of disulfide bondsGiovanna Cacciapuoti
Dipartimento di Biochimica e Biofisica F Cedrangolo, Seconda Universita di Napoli, Naples, Italy
Eur J Biochem 271:4834-44. 2004....
- Methylthioadenosine phosphorylase and activated insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor/insulin receptor: potential therapeutic targets in chordomaJosh Sommer
Chordoma Foundation, Greensboro, NC, USA, and Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center and Durham Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
J Pathol 220:608-17. 2010..Another gene in this region, methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP), is an essential enzyme of the purine salvage pathway and has therapeutic relevance because MTAP-deficient cells ..
- Changes of cytosine methylation induced by wide hybridization and allopolyploidy in CucumisLongzheng Chen
State Key Laboratory of Crop Genetics and Germplasm Enhancement, College of Horticulture, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing 210095, China
Genome 51:789-99. 2008..phenomena, we investigated cytosine methylation in Cucumis by using methylation-sensitive amplified polymorphism (MSAP)...
- Characterization of the genetic components of Streptomyces lividans linear plasmid SLP2 for replication in circular and linear modesMingxuan Xu
Shanghai Institute of Plant Physiology, Shanghai Institutes of Biological Sciences, The Chinese Academy of Sciences, 300 Fenglin Road, Shanghai, 200032 People s Republic of China
J Bacteriol 188:6851-7. 2006..To replicate SLP2 in linear mode, additional SLP2 loci--either mtap(SLP2)/tpg(SLP2) or mtap(SLP2)/ilrA(SLP2)--were required...
- Prevention of thromboxane A2 receptor-mediated pulmonary hypertension by a nonpeptide angiotensin II type 1 receptor antagonistF Bertolino
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases II, Centre de Recherche Pierre Fabre, Castres, France
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 268:747-52. 1994..In anesthetized, open chest rats, U-46619 dose dependently increased MPAP whereas MSAP presented a biphasic evolution. The U-446619 (1.25 micrograms/kg)-increased MPAP (52.4 +/- 12.1%; P < ...
- Genetic and epigenetic instability of amplification-prone sequences of a novel B chromosome induced by tissue culture in Plantago lagopus LGurmeet Kour
Plant Genomics Laboratory, School of Biotechnology, University of Jammu, Jammu 180006, India
Plant Cell Rep 28:1857-67. 2009..and epigenetic mechanisms were assessed in regenerants using molecular techniques, namely, PCR-RFLP, SSAP and MSAP. The retrotransposon-based molecular markers were applied to detect the polymorphism within transposable elements ..
- The allotetraploid Arabidopsis thaliana-Arabidopsis lyrata subsp. petraea as an alternative model system for the study of polyploidy in plantsJulien Beaulieu
Departement de Phytologie, Universite Laval, 1243 Pavillon C E Marchand, Quebec, QC, G1K 7P4, Canada
Mol Genet Genomics 281:421-35. 2009..Changes in the degree of methylation were observed at almost 25% of the loci examined by MSAP analysis...
- Expression of methylthioadenosine phosphorylase cDNA in p16-, MTAP- malignant cells: restoration of methylthioadenosine phosphorylase-dependent salvage pathways and alterations of sensitivity to inhibitors of purine de novo synthesisZ H Chen
Cancer Center, University of Massachusetts Medical Center, Worcester, Massachusetts 01655, USA
Mol Pharmacol 52:903-11. 19975'-Deoxy-5'-methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP) is involved in the salvage of adenine and methylthio moieties of 5'-deoxy-5'-methylthioadenosine, a byproduct of polyamine synthesis, to adenine nucleotides and methionine, respectively...
- Nitric oxide produces different actions in different areas of the periaqueductal grey in catsM R Wang
Graduate Institute of Life Science, National Defense Medical Center, Taiwan, Republic of, Taipei, China
Neurosci Lett 309:57-61. 2001..the midbrain elicited similar patterns of cardiovascular responses: increases in mean systemic arterial pressure (MSAP), heart rate (HR) and mean blood flows (F) of the common carotid and femoral arteries, accompanied with a 'hissing-..
- Conformational changes and stabilization induced by phosphate binding to 5'-methylthioadenosine phosphorylase from the thermophilic archaeon Sulfolobus solfataricusG Cacciapuoti
Dipartimento di Biochimica e Biofisica F Cedrangolo, Seconda Universita degli Studi di Napoli, Via Costantinopoli 16, 80138, Naples, Italy
Extremophiles 5:295-302. 2001....
- [Analysis of genomic DNA methylation level in radish under cadmium stress by methylation-sensitive amplified polymorphism technique]Jin Lan Yang
National Key Laboratory of Crop Genetics and Germplasm Enhancement, College of Horticulture, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing 210095, China
Zhi Wu Sheng Li Yu Fen Zi Sheng Wu Xue Xue Bao 33:219-26. 2007..genome was analysed using the technique of methylation-sensitive amplified polymorphism (MSAP)...
- Epigenetic differentiation and relationship to adaptive genetic divergence in discrete populations of the violet Viola cazorlensisCarlos M Herrera
Estacion Biologica de Donana, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas CSIC, Isla de la Cartuja, Sevilla, Spain
New Phytol 187:867-76. 2010..the southern Spanish violet Viola cazorlensis (Violaceae) using the methylation-sensitive amplified polymorphism (MSAP) technique, a modification of the amplified fragment length polymorphism method (AFLP) based on the differential ..
- Prenatal exposure to zymosan results in hypertension in adult offspring ratsWenqiang Liao
National Integrative Medicine Centre for Cardiovascular Diseases, China Japan Friendship Hospital, Beijing, China
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 35:1413-8. 2008..a non-infectious and non-bacterial agent capable of inducing inflammation, on mean systolic arterial pressure (MSAP) in rat offspring at 6-66 weeks of age. 2...
- Tissue culture-induced locus-specific alteration in DNA methylation and its correlation with genetic variation in Codonopsis lanceolata Benth. et Hook. fW L Guo
Laboratory of Plant Molecular Epigenetics, Institute of Genetics and Cytology, Northeast Normal University, Changchun 130024, China
Plant Cell Rep 26:1297-307. 2007..of cytosine methylation at the CCGG sites in the same set of regenerants relative to the donor plant, by the MSAP method employing a pair of isoschizomers, HpaII and MspI, which recognize the same restriction site but are ..
- The methylthioadenosine phosphorylase gene is frequently co-deleted with the p16INK4a gene in acute type adult T-cell leukemiaY Hori
Department of Medicine, Sam and Rose Stein Institute for Research on Aging, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, USA
Int J Cancer 75:51-6. 1998..The gene for methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP), a purine and methionine metabolic enzyme, resides approximately 100 Kb telomeric to the p16INK4a gene and is ..
- Mice heterozygous for germ-line mutations in methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP) die prematurely of T-cell lymphomaYuwaraj Kadariya
Division of Population Science, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
Cancer Res 69:5961-9. 2009Large homozygous deletions of 9p21 that inactivate CDKN2A, ARF, and MTAP are common in a wide variety of human cancers...
- Regulation of human methylthioadenosine phosphorylase gene by the CBF (CCAAT binding factor)/NF-Y (nuclear factor-Y)Yuwaraj Kadariya
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Mie University School of Medicine, Tsu, Mie 514 8507, Japan
Biochem J 387:175-83. 2005..To understand the mechanism of the transcriptional regulation of the MTAP gene, we have cloned the 1...
- Alteration of DNA methylation level and pattern in sorghum (Sorghum bicolor L.) pure-lines and inter-line F1 hybrids following low-dose laser irradiationHuan Wang
Key Laboratory of Molecular Epigenetics of MOE, Northeast Normal University, Changchun 130024, China
J Photochem Photobiol B 99:150-3. 2010..level and pattern of DNA methylation in the plants were analyzed by methylation-sensitive amplified polymorphism (MSAP)...
- Rapid alterations of gene expression and cytosine methylation in newly synthesized Brassica napus allopolyploidsYanhao Xu
College of Life Sciences, Wuhan University, Wuhan, 430072, China
Planta 229:471-83. 2009..Using cDNA-amplified fragment length polymorphism (cDNA-AFLP) and methylation-sensitive amplification polymorphism (MSAP) approaches, ~4.09 and 6...
- Detection of stool DNA mutations before and after treatment of colorectal neoplasiaSapna Syngal
Division of Population Sciences, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer 106:277-83. 2006....
- Using specific cytotoxics with a targeted mindAngelo Di Leo
Sandro Pitigliani Medical Oncology Unit, Department of Oncology, Hospital of Prato, Tuscany Cancer Institute, Prato, Italy
Breast 16:S120-6. 2007..b) Taxanes Microtubule-associated parameters (MTAP) such as the TAU protein, HER-2 gene amplification, and p-53 gene mutations, have been suggested as potential ..
- Design and synthesis of potent "sulfur-free" transition state analogue inhibitors of 5'-methylthioadenosine nucleosidase and 5'-methylthioadenosine phosphorylaseAlistair I Longshaw
Carbohydrate Chemistry Team, Industrial Research Limited, P O Box 31310, Lower Hutt, New Zealand
J Med Chem 53:6730-46. 2010..In humans, 5'-methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP) is involved in polyamine biosynthesis as well as in purine and SAM salvage pathways and thus has been identified ..
- Next generation sequencing of prostate cancer from a patient identifies a deficiency of methylthioadenosine phosphorylase, an exploitable tumor targetColin C Collins
Vancouver Prostate Centre, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Mol Cancer Ther 11:775-83. 2012..Both tumor and xenograft had a homozygous 9p21 deletion spanning the MTAP, CDKN2, and ARF genes...
- Direct and indirect organogenesis of Clivia miniata and assessment of DNA methylation changes in various regenerated plantletsQin Mei Wang
Institute of Genetics and Cytology, Northeast Normal University, Changchun 130024, People s Republic of China
Plant Cell Rep 31:1283-96. 2012..We employed the methylation-sensitive amplified polymorphism (MSAP) method to assess cytosine methylation variation in various regenerated plantlets and between organs...
- A corrected space group for Sulfolobus sulfataricus 5'-deoxy-5'-methylthioadenosine phosphorylase IIYang Zhang
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853 1301, USA
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 68:249-52. 20125'-deoxy-5'-methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP) catalyzes the phosphorolytic cleavage of 5'-deoxy-5'-methylthioadenosine (MTA), a byproduct of polyamine biosynthesis. The Sulfolobus sulfataricus genome encodes two MTAPs...
- Jack of all nectars, master of most: DNA methylation and the epigenetic basis of niche width in a flower-living yeastC M Herrera
Estacion Biologica de Donana, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas CSIC, Avenida Americo Vespucio s n, Isla de la Cartuja, 41092 Sevilla, Spain
Mol Ecol 21:2602-16. 2012..reukaufii in the wild were combined with laboratory experiments and methylation-sensitive amplified polymorphism (MSAP) analyses designed to detect epigenetic responses of single genotypes to variations in sugar environment that ..
- Primate genome gain and loss: a bone dysplasia, muscular dystrophy, and bone cancer syndrome resulting from mutated retroviral-derived MTAP transcriptsOlga Camacho-Vanegas
Department of Genetics and Genomic Sciences, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Am J Hum Genet 90:614-27. 2012..proximal of three previously uncharacterized terminal exons of the gene encoding methylthioadenosine phosphorylase, MTAP. Intriguingly, two of these MTAP exons arose from early and independent retroviral-integration events in primate ..
- Focal 9p instability in hematologic neoplasias revealed by comparative genomic hybridization and single-nucleotide polymorphism microarray analysesAnu Usvasalo
Hospital for Children and Adolescents, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 49:309-18. 2010..Other possibly important genes included MTAP, IFN, MLLT3, JAK2, PTPLAD2, and PAX5...
- [Di-(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate increases the DNA methylation level of genomes in the mouse testis]Sheng De Wu
Department of Urology, Children s Hospital of Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing 400014, China
Zhonghua Nan Ke Xue 15:876-81. 2009..To investigate the effect of the exposure to di- (2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP) during pregnancy on the DNA methylation level of genomes in the testis of the offspring in mice...
- Divergent oriented synthesis for the design of reagents for protein conjugationElisabeth Garanger
Laboratoire de Chimie des Polymeres Organiques LCPO, UMR 5629 CNRS, IPB ENSCBP, Universite Bordeaux I, Pessac Cedex, France
J Comb Chem 12:57-64. 2010..biological activities, we employed the DOS method to efficiently obtain multifunctional single attachment point (MSAP) reagents for the conjugation to proteins...
- [Analysis of the level and pattern of genomic DNA methylation in different ploidy watermelons by MSAP (Citrullus lanatus)]Chun Guo Wang
College of Life Sciences, Nankai Uninversity, Tianjin 300071
Fen Zi Xi Bao Sheng Wu Xue Bao 42:118-26. 2009..In present study, an autoploidy series (2x, 3x and 4x) in watermelon (Citrullus lanatus) was constructed and MSAP (Methylation-Sensitive Amplification Polymorphism) analysis was conducted to elucidate the level and pattern of DNA ..
- Genome-wide high-resolution analysis of DNA copy number alterations in NF1-associated malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumors using 32K BAC arrayKiran K Mantripragada
Institute of Medical Genetics, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Heath Park, Cardiff, UK
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 48:897-907. 2009..1) and these were identified in >63% MPNSTs. The most frequently deleted locus encompassed CDKN2A, CDKN2B, and MTAP genes on 9p21.3 (33% cases)...
- [Expression of methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP) gene and demethylation of its promoter in human colorectal cancer]Jian Xin Dou
Department of Pathology, Weifang Medical University, Weifang, Shandong, 261041, PR China
Ai Zheng 28:390-4. 2009Abnormal expression of 5'-methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP) is found in various tumor tissues. This study was to explore the correlation of MTAP expression to demethylation of MTAP promoter in colorectal cancer tissues.
- Genetic mapping of the sex-linked barring gene in the chickenB J Dorshorst
Department of Poultry Science, North Carolina State University, Raleigh 27695, USA
Poult Sci 88:1811-7. 2009..the barring phenotype and containing 5 known genes [micro-RNA 31 (miRNA-31), methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP), cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 2B (CDKN2B), tripartite motif 36 (TRIM36), and protein ..
- Deletion at chromosome arm 9p in relation to BRAF/NRAS mutations and prognostic significance for primary melanomaCaroline Conway
Section of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Leeds, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, UK
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 49:425-38. 2010..3 including the genes CDKN2A (which encodes CDKN2A and P14ARF), CDKN2B (CDKN2B), and MTAP was measured using multiplexed ligation-dependant probe amplification (MLPA), (N = 75 results)...
- Dual function microtubule- and mitochondria-associated proteins mediate mitotic cell deathLeyuan Liu
Center for Cancer and Stem Cell Biology, Institute of Biosciences and Technology, Texas A and M Health Science Center, Houston, TX 77030 3303, USA
Cell Oncol 31:393-405. 2009..We hypothesize that mechanisms exist to detect impending aneuploidy and prevent it before completion of an aberrant mitosis...
- Analysis of DNA methylation of maize in response to osmotic and salt stress based on methylation-sensitive amplified polymorphismMing pu Tan
College of Life Sciences, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing 210095, China
Plant Physiol Biochem 48:21-6. 2010..Here, methylation-sensitive amplified polymorphism (MSAP) was used to screen PEG- or NaCl-induced methylation alteration in maize seedlings...
- Potato cytosine methylation and gene expression changes induced by a beneficial bacterial endophyte, Burkholderia phytofirmans strain PsJNKedong Da
Institute for Sustainable and Renewable Resources, Institute for Advanced Learning and Research, 150 Slayton Avenue, Danville, VA 24540, USA
Plant Physiol Biochem 50:24-34. 2012..used a combination of capillary electrophoresis and methylation-sensitive amplification length polymorphism (CE-MSAP) analysis to investigate the potato genomic DNA cytosine methylation changes that occur in response to PsJN ..
- Mapping of the shortest region of overlap of deletions of the short arm of chromosome 9 associated with human neoplasiaO I Olopade
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Illinois 60637
Genomics 14:437-43. 1992..IFNW), and-beta-1 (IFNB1) interferon genes, as well as the gene for the enzyme methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP)...
- Methylthioadenosine phosphorylase represents a predictive marker for response to adjuvant interferon therapy in patients with malignant melanomaStefanie Meyer
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Exp Dermatol 19:e251-7. 2010..nevi, primary melanomas and metastases, we investigated whether expression of methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP), a recently suggested biomarker of malignant melanoma, has prognostic significance and may predict responsiveness ..
- Associations of 9p21 variants with cutaneous malignant melanoma, nevi, and pigmentation phenotypes in melanoma-prone families with and without CDKN2A mutationsXiaohong Rose Yang
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, NCI NIH DHHS, Bethesda, MD, USA
Fam Cancer 9:625-33. 2010..We found that SNP rs7023329 in the MTAP gene was associated with number of nevi (P (trend) = 0...
- Downregulation of methylthioadenosin phosphorylase by homozygous deletion in gastric carcinomaJin Kim
Department of Pathology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 50:421-33. 2011The methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP) gene is located on 9p21 telomeric to the CDKN2A tumor suppressor gene. Loss of MTAP gene is frequently associated with CDKN2A homozygous deletion...
- Detection of changes in DNA methylation induced by low-energy ion implantation in Arabidopsis thalianaHaichan Yu
College of Life Sciences, Beijing Normal University, Beijing 100875, China
Radiat Res 175:599-609. 2011..Methylation-sensitive amplified polymorphism (MSAP) testing revealed altered DNA methylation patterns after ion implantation at doses of 1 × 10(14) to 1 × 10(16) ..
- Expression of Chr9p21 genes CDKN2B (p15(INK4b)), CDKN2A (p16(INK4a), p14(ARF)) and MTAP in human atherosclerotic plaqueLesca Miriam Holdt
Institute of Laboratory Medicine, Clinical Chemistry and Molecular Diagnostics, University Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
Atherosclerosis 214:264-70. 2011..kinase inhibitors CDKN2B (p15(INK4b)), CDKN2A (p16(INK4a), p14(ARF)) and methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP) were expressed in human atherosclerotic lesions and whether expression was correlated with lesion composition.
- Targeting tumors that lack methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP) activity: current strategiesJoseph R Bertino
Departments of Medicine and Pharmacology, The Cancer Institute of NJ, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 11:627-32. 2011Many solid tumors and hematologic malignancies lack expression of the enzyme methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP), due either to deletion of the MTAP gene or to methylation of the MTAP promoter...
- The Motif Tool Assessment Platform (MTAP) for sequence-based transcription factor binding site prediction toolsDaniel Quest
Computational Biology Group, Biological Sciences Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN, USA
Methods Mol Biol 674:121-41. 2010..In this chapter, a novel and robust assessment tool, the Motif Tool Assessment Platform (MTAP), is introduced and discussed.
- Single-site Bachmann's bundle pacing is beneficial while coronary sinus pacing results in echocardiographic right heart pacemaker syndrome in brady-tachycardia patientsAlicja Dabrowska-Kugacka
Department of Cardiology and Electrotherapy, Medical University of Gdansk, Gdansk, Poland
Circ J 74:1308-15. 2010It has been proposed that multisite atrial pacing (MSAp) restores atrial electrical activation and prevents atrial fibrillation recurrence; however, single-site Bachmann's bundle pacing (BBp) has also been reported as providing effective ..
- Progressive erosion of genetic and epigenetic variation in callus-derived cocoa (Theobroma cacao) plantsCarlos M Rodríguez López
Institute of Biological, Environmental and Rural Sciences, Aberystwyth University Penglais, Aberystwyth, Wales, UK
New Phytol 186:856-68. 2010..For epigenetic change, we used 386 methylation-sensitive amplified polymorphism (MSAP) markers on leaf and explant (staminode) DNA from two source trees and on leaf DNA from 114 regenerants...
- Snapshot of DNA methylation changes associated with hybridization in XenopusAlie Patrick Koroma
Biology Department, University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas, USA
Physiol Genomics 43:1276-80. 2011..laevis and X. muelleri, using methyl-sensitive amplification polymorphisms (MSAPs). Out of a total of 546 MSAP markers, 364 were effective in elucidating the difference in methylation patterns between the hybrids and the ..
- Acute pulmonary vasodilator response in paediatric and adult pulmonary arterial hypertension: occurrence and prognostic value when comparing three response criteriaJohannes M Douwes
Center For Congenital Heart Diseases, Department of Paediatric Cardiology, Beatrix Children s Hospital, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, PO Box 30 001, 9700 RB Groningen, The Netherlands
Eur Heart J 32:3137-46. 2011..adult pulmonary arterial hypertension, and idiopathic/hereditary pulmonary arterial hypertension (iPAH/HPAH) vs. pulmonary arterial hypertension associated with congenital heart disease (PAH-CHD) using three different response criteria...
- Down-regulation of methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP) induces progression of hepatocellular carcinoma via accumulation of 5'-deoxy-5'-methylthioadenosine (MTA)Georgi Kirovski
Department of Internal Medicine I, University Hospital Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Am J Pathol 178:1145-52. 2011Recently, we have shown that down-regulation of methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP) in hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) cells enhances the invasive potential and the resistance against cytokines...
- Comprehensive field synopsis and systematic meta-analyses of genetic association studies in cutaneous melanomaFoteini Chatzinasiou
Department of Dermatology, University of Athens Medical School, Andreas Sygros Hospital, Dragoumi 5, Athens 161 21, Greece
J Natl Cancer Inst 103:1227-35. 2011....
- Performance-integrated self-report measurement of physical abilityVert Mooney
U S Spine and Sport Foundation, San Diego, CA 92123, USA
Spine J 10:433-40. 2010..Psychometric studies of the new measure in patient populations have been successful. A validation study of the measure with adults in good general health is necessary...
- [Effect of napthalene on the DNA methylation patterns and level in rice (Oryza sativa L.)]Jian cheng Fan
College of Urban and Environmental Sciences, Northeast Normal University, Changchun 130024, China
Huan Jing Ke Xue 31:793-800. 2010..Epigenetic instabilities in the blade of the plants in tillering and heading stage were assessed by MSAP marks...
- Unraveling the structural and functional differences between purine nucleoside phosphorylase and 5'-deoxy-5'-methylthioadenosine phosphorylase from the archaeon Pyrococcus furiosusGiovanna Cacciapuoti
Dipartimento di Biochimica e Biofisica F Cedrangolo, Seconda Universita di Napoli, Via Costantinopoli 16, Napoli, Italy
Biochim Biophys Acta 1814:1358-66. 2011..Finally, we utilized the structural models of mutant enzyme-substrate complex to rationalize the functional effects of the mutations...
- Untangling individual variation in natural populations: ecological, genetic and epigenetic correlates of long-term inequality in herbivoryC M Herrera
Estacion Biologica de Donana, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Avenida Americo Vespucio s n, Isla de la Cartuja, Sevilla 41092, Spain
Mol Ecol 20:1675-88. 2011..In addition, methylation-sensitive amplified polymorphism (MSAP) analyses were used to investigate the association between browsing damage and epigenetic characteristics of ..
- [Macrocystic serous adenoma of the pancreas: a report of 5 cases]Yan Liang Wang
Department of Pancreatic and Gastroenterologic Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital, China Medical University, Shenyang, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 48:1405-8. 2010To investigate the diagnosis and treatment of macrocystic serous adenoma of the pancreas (MSAP).
- Construction of a 2.8-megabase yeast artificial chromosome contig and cloning of the human methylthioadenosine phosphorylase gene from the tumor suppressor region on 9p21O I Olopade
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, IL 60637, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 92:6489-93. 1995Many human malignant cells lack methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP) enzyme activity...
- Analysis of p16 expression and allelic imbalance / loss of heterozygosity of 9p21 in cutaneous squamous cell carcinomasSarah E Gray
Molecular Oncology Laboratory, Pathology Department, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland and Beaumont Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
J Cell Mol Med 10:778-88. 2006..region contains a number of known tumour suppressor genes, including the p16INK4A (CDKN2A), p15INK4B and MTAP tumour suppressor genes located at 9p21...
- Assessment of genetic and epigenetic variation in hop plants regenerated from sequential subcultures of organogenic calliElena L Peredo
Dpto Biología de Organismos y Sistemas, Fac Biologia, Universidad de Oviedo, 33071 Oviedo, Spain
J Plant Physiol 163:1071-9. 2006..epigenetic changes due to a demethylation process were detected by methylation-sensitive amplified polymorphism (MSAP) technique...
- Does DNA methylation pattern mark generative development in winter rape?Maria Filek
Institute of Plant Physiology, Polish Academy of Sciences, Niezapominajek 21, 30 239 Krakow, Poland
Z Naturforsch C 61:387-96. 2006..The methylation-sensitive amplification polymorphism (MSAP) method with EcoRI/MspI and EcoRII/HpaII restriction enzymes was employed. The majority (ca...
- Homozygous deletion of the MTAP gene in invasive adenocarcinoma of the pancreas and in periampullary cancer: a potential new target for therapySteven R Hustinx
Pathology, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 4:83-6. 2005Methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP) plays an important role in the salvage pathway for the synthesis of adenosine. Novel chemotherapeutic strategies exploiting the selective loss of MTAP function in cancers have been proposed...
- A new image of plantain diversity assessed by SSR, AFLP and MSAP markersJ L Noyer
CIRAD, UMR 1096 PIA, France
Genetica 124:61-9. 2005..b>MSAP were used to survey cytosine methylation status at CCGG sites in order to obtain an alternative source of diversity ..
- Concordant loss of MTAP and p16/CDKN2A expression in pancreatic intraepithelial neoplasia: evidence of homozygous deletion in a noninvasive precursor lesionSteven R Hustinx
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD, USA
Mod Pathol 18:959-63. 2005..The methylthioadenosine phosphorylase gene (MTAP) gene also resides on chromosome 9p21, approximately 100 kb telomeric to the p16 gene...
- Sensorimotor integration in patients with parkinsonian type multisystem atrophyM M Mascia
Unitat d EMG Servei de Neurologia, Hospital Clinic, Villarroel, 170, Barcelona 08036, Spain
J Neurol 252:473-81. 2005..Some patients with multiple system atrophy with parkinsonian features (MSAp) exhibit clinical signs compatible with an abnormal central nervous system excitability to somatosensory inputs, ..
- Inhaled Rho kinase inhibitors are potent and selective vasodilators in rat pulmonary hypertensionTetsutaro Nagaoka
Cardiovascular Pulmonary Research Laboratory, Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 4200 East 9th Avenue, B 133, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 171:494-9. 2005..sustained decrease in mean pulmonary arterial pressure (MPAP), it also decreased mean systemic arterial pressure (MSAP). In contrast, 5 minutes of inhaled Y-27632 decreased MPAP without reducing MSAP...
- Methylthioadenosine phosphorylase regulates ornithine decarboxylase by production of downstream metabolitesAhmad L Subhi
Divisions of Population Science and Basic Science, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
J Biol Chem 278:49868-73. 2003The gene encoding methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP), the initial enzyme in the methionine salvage pathway, is deleted in a variety of human tumors and acts as a tumor suppressor gene in cell culture (Christopher, S. A...
- Molecular genetic alterations in radiation-induced astrocytomasD J Brat
Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Am J Pathol 154:1431-8. 1999..on DNA from formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tumors to evaluate possible alterations of p53, PTEN, K-ras, EGFR, MTAP, and p16 (MTS1/CDKN2) genes. By quantitative PCR, we found EGFR gene amplification in 2 of 8 tumors...
- Deletion of dinucleotide repeat (Delta 14 allele) in the methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP) promoter and the allelotype of MTAP promoter in the Japanese populationYuwaraj Kadariya
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Mie University Faculty of Medicine, Tsu, Mie 514 8507, Japan
Jpn J Cancer Res 93:369-73. 20025'-deoxy-5'-methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP) is an enzyme involved in purine and polyamine metabolism and is ubiquitously expressed in normal human tissues and cells...
- A microwave-powered sterilizable interface for aseptic access to bioreactors that are vulnerable to microbial contaminationJ E Atwater
UMPQUA Research Company, P O Box 609, Myrtle Creek, Oregon 97457, USA
Biotechnol Prog 17:847-51. 2001..The microwave-sterilizable access port (MSAP) consists of a 600-W magnetron emitting at a frequency of 2...
- Localization of a novel tumor suppressor gene loci on chromosome 9p21-22 in oral cancerH Nakanishi
Department of Oral Surgery, School of Medicine, Chiba University, Japan
Anticancer Res 19:29-34. 1999..genes, and the third was located on 9p21 of the D9S104 locus, centromelic to methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP) gene and p15/16 genes...
- Purification and characterization of recombinant human 5'-methylthioadenosine phosphorylase: definite identification of coding cDNAF Della Ragione
Institute of Biochemistry of Macromolecules, Medical School, Second University of Naples, Italy
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 223:514-9. 1996..The results obtained allowed the conclusive demonstration of 5'-methylthioadenosine phosphorylase gene cloning and the use of recombinant protein for further characterization...
- Methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP) in hearing: gene disruption by chromosomal rearrangement in a hearing impaired individual and model organism analysisRobin E Williamson
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Med Genet A 143:1630-9. 2007..The chromosome 9 breakpoint disrupts methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP); no known or predicted genes are present at the chromosome 8 breakpoint...
- Epigenetic inheritance in rice plantsKeiko Akimoto
Research and Education Center for Genetic Information, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Nara 630 0192, Japan
Ann Bot 100:205-17. 2007..The present study aims to find genes whose methylation status directly correlates with inheritance of phenotypic changes...
- Assessment of genetic and epigenetic stability in long-term in vitro shoot culture of pea (Pisum sativum L.)P Smykal
Plant Biotechnology Department, AGRITEC Plant Research Ltd, Zemědělská 2520 16, 787 01 Sumperk, Czech Republic
Plant Cell Rep 26:1985-98. 2007..However, the more global amplified fragment length polymorphism (AFLP) and particularly the methylation sensitive MSAP methods detected 11 and 18% polymorphism among samples, respectively...
- Purine Pathways and Inhibitor Design in PlasmodiumVern Schramm; Fiscal Year: 2006..in gene-disruptions of purine nucleoside phosphorylase (PNP), HGXPRT, APRT, and methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP). The hypothesis is that PNP and HGXPRT form the dominant purine salvage pathway...
- Purine salvage as a chemotherapeutic target in malariaKami Kim; Fiscal Year: 2002..The significance of alternative purine salvage enzymes methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP) and adenine phosphoribosyltransferase (APRT) will be examined using genetic disruption and inhibitor ablation of ..
- Transition State Analogues as Modulators of DNA MethylationVern L Schramm; Fiscal Year: 2010..is an orally available transition state analogue inhibitor for human 5'- methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP)...
- Colon Polyp Surveillance with DNA Analysis of StoolPhilip Schoenfeld; Fiscal Year: 2002..Multi-target DNA-based assay panels (MTAP) of stool may accurately diagnose colon adenomas...
- The Role of Methylthioadenosine Phosphorylase Loss in TumorigenesisWarren D Kruger; Fiscal Year: 2010Methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP) is a key enzyme in the methionine salvage pathway whose function is to convert 5cent-deoxy-5cent-methylthioadenosine (MTA) into methionine...
- Reagents for the Design of Targeted Multifunctional NanomaterialsLee Josephson; Fiscal Year: 2010..multifunctional materials design lies in a new class of reagents termed Multifunctional Single Attachment Point or MSAP's...
- Mechanism of Action of Folate AntagonistJoseph Bertino; Fiscal Year: 2007..The use of MEF cells null for p53, p19 ARF and both will be utilized to test in a more well defined system the function of these proteins on DHFR levels. ..
- DEVELOPMENTAL PHONOLOGICAL DISORDERSLawrence D Shriberg; Fiscal Year: 2010..A translational project will provide speech-language pathologists with an assessment tool to make early and accurate diagnostic decisions, with implications for individualized treatment based on the type of speech delay. ..
- DEVELOPMENTAL PHONOLOGICAL DISORDERSLAWRENCE SHRIBERG; Fiscal Year: 2009..A translational project will provide speech-language pathologists with an assessment tool to make early and accurate diagnostic decisions, with implications for individualized treatment based on the type of speech delay. ..
- ASPL TFE3 fusion in human cancersMarc Ladanyi; Fiscal Year: 2006..3->qter; and finally analyze selected candidate genes in the same region for inactivating mutations. ..
- Mechanism of Action of Folate AntagonistJoseph Bertino; Fiscal Year: 2007..The use of MEF cells null for p53, p19 ARF and both will be utilized to test in a more well defined system the function of these proteins on DHFR levels. ..
- MOLECULAR MODELING OF DIAGNOSIS AND PROGNOSIS IN HNSCCMaria Worsham; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- The TCGA Cancer Genome Characterization Center at MSKCCMarc Ladanyi; Fiscal Year: 2007..They will also perform a variety of higher level analyses and integrated analyses to derive prioritized lists of genes and genomic regions of interest for sequencing by the TCGA Genome Sequencing Centers. ..
- CANCER CENTER SUPPORT GRANTJoseph Bertino; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- BENIGN BREAST DISEASE--MOLECULAR DIFFERENTIATION OF RISKMaria Worsham; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- INHERITED MSH6 MUTATIONS IN DIVERSE COLORECTAL CANCERSSapna Syngal; Fiscal Year: 2004..Evidence that MSH6 is a moderately penetrant, later-onset hereditary colorectal cancer gene would imply the existence of similar genes for other common cancers that await discovery. ..
- MECHANISM OF ACTION OF FOLATE ANTAGONISTSJoseph Bertino; Fiscal Year: 2003....