Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MTAP
Description: methylthioadenosine phosphorylase
Alias: BDMF, DMSFH, DMSMFH, LGMBF, MSAP, c86fus, 5'-methylthioadenosine phosphorylase, MTA phosphorylase, MTAPase, MeSAdo phosphorylase, S-methyl-5'-thioadenosine phosphorylase
Publications162 found, 100 shown here
- Genome-wide association study identifies variants at 9p21 and 22q13 associated with development of cutaneous neviMario Falchi
Department of Twin Research and Genetic Epidemiology, Kings College London, St Thomas Hospital Campus, London, UK
Nat Genet 41:915-9. 2009..We identified strongly associated variants in MTAP, a gene adjacent to the familial melanoma susceptibility locus CDKN2A on 9p21 (rs4636294, combined P = 3...
- The structure of human 5'-deoxy-5'-methylthioadenosine phosphorylase at 1.7 A resolution provides insights into substrate binding and catalysisT C Appleby
Section of Biochemistry, Molecular and Cell Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Structure 7:629-41. 19995'-Deoxy-5'-methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP) catalyzes the reversible phosphorolysis of 5'-deoxy-5'-methylthioadenosine (MTA) to adenine and 5-methylthio-D-ribose-1-phosphate...
- Melanocytic nevi, nevus genes, and melanoma risk in a large case-control study in the United KingdomJulia A Newton-Bishop
Section of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, St James s Hospital, Beckett Street, Leeds, United Kingdom
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 19:2043-54. 2010..Increased number of melanocytic nevi is a potent melanoma risk factor. We have carried out a large population-based case-control study to explore the environmental and genetic determinants of nevi and the relationship with melanoma risk...
- Evaluation of nucleoside hydrolase inhibitors for treatment of African trypanosomiasisMaya Berg
Laboratory of Medicinal Chemistry, University of Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 54:1900-8. 2010..b. brucei (IAG-NH, IG-NH, and methylthioadenosine phosphorylase [MTAP]) were investigated using RNA interference...
- Purification and characterization of extremely thermophilic and thermostable 5'-methylthioadenosine phosphorylase from the archaeon Sulfolobus solfataricus. Purine nucleoside phosphorylase activity and evidence for intersubunit disulfide bondsG Cacciapuoti
Institute of Biochemistry of Macromolecules, Faculty of Medicine, Second University of Naples, Italy
J Biol Chem 269:24762-9. 1994..solfataricus the same enzyme is responsible for the catabolism of MTA and of these purine nucleosides...
- Biochemical and structural characterization of mammalian-like purine nucleoside phosphorylase from the Archaeon Pyrococcus furiosusGiovanna Cacciapuoti
Dipartimento di Biochimica e Biofisica F Cedrangolo, Seconda Universita di Napoli, Napoli, Italy
FEBS J 274:2482-95. 2007..a homohexamer of 180 kDa which shows a much higher similarity with 5'-deoxy-5'-methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP) than with purine nucleoside phosphorylase (PNP) family members...
- Three-dimensional structure of a hyperthermophilic 5'-deoxy-5'-methylthioadenosine phosphorylase from Sulfolobus solfataricusT C Appleby
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
J Biol Chem 276:39232-42. 2001..Examination of the three-dimensional structure of SsMTAP suggests that unlike most thermophilic enzymes, disulfide linkages play a key in role in its thermal stability...
- Endosperm-specific hypomethylation, and meiotic inheritance and variation of DNA methylation level and pattern in sorghum (Sorghum bicolor L.) inter-strain hybridsM S Zhang
Laboratory of Plant Molecular Epigenetics, Institute of Genetics and Cytology, Northeast Normal University, Changchun, 130024, China
Theor Appl Genet 115:195-207. 2007..parents, the developmental stability and inheritance of cytosine methylation in two tissues, leaf and endosperm, by MSAP analysis were investigated...
- Purine nucleoside phosphorylases from hyperthermophilic Archaea require a CXC motif for stability and foldingGiovanna Cacciapuoti
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics F Cedrangolo, Second University of Naples, Italy
FEBS J 276:5799-805. 2009..The data obtained in the present study represent the first example of how the CXC motif improves both stability and folding in hyperthermophilic proteins with disulfide bonds...
- Purification and characterization of 5'-methylthioadenosine phosphorylase from the hyperthermophilic archaeon Pyrococcus furiosus: substrate specificity and primary structure analysisGiovanna Cacciapuoti
Dipartimento di Biochimica e Biofisica F Cedrangolo, Seconda Universita di Napoli, Via Costantinopoli 16, 80138, Naples, Italy
Extremophiles 7:159-68. 20035'-Methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP) was purified to homogeneity from the hyperthermophilic archaeon Pyrococcus furiosus. The protein is a homoexamer of 180 kDa...
- Azetidine based transition state analogue inhibitors of N-ribosyl hydrolases and phosphorylasesGary B Evans
Carbohydrate Chemistry Team, Industrial Research Limited, PO Box 31310, Lower Hutt, New Zealand
J Med Chem 51:948-56. 2008..inhibitors (equilibrium dissociation constants as low as 229 pM) of purine nucleoside phosphorylase (PNP), methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP), and methylthioadenosine nucleosidase (MTAN), with potential utility as drug candidates.
- Molecular characterization of a rice mutator-phenotype derived from an incompatible cross-pollination reveals transgenerational mobilization of multiple transposable elements and extensive epigenetic instabilityHongyan Wang
Key Laboratory of Molecular Epigenetics of MOE and Institute of Genetics and Cytology, Northeast Normal University, Changchun, PR China
BMC Plant Biol 9:63. 2009....
- Influence of cryopreservation on the cytosine methylation state of potato genomic NDAAnja Kaczmarczyk
Leibniz Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research IPK, Gatersleben, Germany
Cryo Letters 31:380-91. 2010..epigenetic changes, the DNA methylation status was assayed by methylation-sensitive amplified polymorphism (MSAP) analysis using restriction endonucleases MspI and HpaII. An amount of 93...
- Extremely thermophilic and thermostable 5'-methylthioadenosine phosphorylase from the archaeon Sulfolobus solfataricus. Gene cloning and amino acid sequence determinationG Cacciapuoti
Istituto di Biochimica delle Macromolecole, Facolta di Medicina e Chirurgia, Seconda Universita degli Studi di Napoli, Italy
Eur J Biochem 239:632-7. 1996..Evolutionary and structural implications of this similarity are discussed...
- Sympathoadrenal reactions during asphyxia in hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia of catsS W Kuo
Department of Medicine, Tri Service General Hospital, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan
Chin J Physiol 37:63-71. 1994..5 gm/kg/hr. During hypo- or hyperglycemia, resting mean systemic arterial pressure (MSAP) and heart rate did not change significantly. Brain transection at various levels, i.e...
- The crystal structure of 5'-deoxy-5'-methylthioadenosine phosphorylase II from Sulfolobus solfataricus, a thermophilic enzyme stabilized by intramolecular disulfide bondsYan Zhang
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853 1301, USA
J Mol Biol 357:252-62. 2006....
- Genetic and DNA-methylation changes induced by potassium dichromate in Brassica napus LMassimo Labra
Dipartimento di Scienze dell Ambiente e del Territorio, Universita degli Studi di Milano Bicocca, Piazza della Scienza 1, 20126 Milano, Italy
Chemosphere 54:1049-58. 2004..using a monoclonal antibody against 5-methylcytosine; and (ii) methylation-sensitive amplified polymorphism (MSAP). Immunolabelling showed cytosine-hypermethylation in the Brassica napus L...
- A novel hyperthermostable 5'-deoxy-5'-methylthioadenosine phosphorylase from the archaeon Sulfolobus solfataricusGiovanna Cacciapuoti
Dipartimento di Biochimica e Biofisica F Cedrangolo, Seconda Universita di Napoli, Italy
FEBS J 272:1886-99. 2005....
- Comparison of cerebral glucose metabolism between multiple system atrophy Parkinsonian type and Parkinson's diseaseTao Feng
Department of Neurology, Beijing Tiantan Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing, China
Neurol Res 30:377-82. 2008..To investigate the difference in the regional cerebral glucose metabolism between multiple system atrophy Parkinsonian type (MSA-P) and Parkinson's disease (PD)...
- Construction of methylation linkage map based on MSAP and SSR markers in Sorghum bicolor (L.)Yonghong Duan
Institute of Biotechnology, Shanxi University, Taiyuan, China
IUBMB Life 61:663-9. 2009..a F2 population derived from a cross of B(2)V(4) x 1383-2 based on methylation-sensitive amplified polymorphism (MSAP) and simple sequence repeats (SSR) markers...
- Tumor suppressor gene alterations of spontaneously malignant transformed cells from human embryonic muscle in vitroXianyao Wang
Central Laboratory, Chaozhou Central Hospital, Chaozhou 521021, PR China
Oncol Rep 24:555-61. 2010..several tumor suppressor genes of these cell lines, and homozygous deletions within chromosomal band 9p2l including MTAP (methylthioadenosine phosphorylase), p16 and p15 were detected...
- Extensions to the Speech Disorders Classification System (SDCS)Lawrence D Shriberg
Waisman Center, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI, USA
Clin Linguist Phon 24:795-824. 2010..Part II describes the Madison Speech Assessment Protocol (MSAP), an ∼ 2-hour battery of 25 measures that includes 15 speech tests and tasks...
- Methylthioadenosine phosphorylase as target for chemoselective treatment of T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemic cellsThomas Efferth
Virtual Campus Rhineland Palatinate, Mainz, Germany
Blood Cells Mol Dis 28:47-56. 2002We analyzed the role of methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP) for chemoselective treatment of T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia (T-ALL)...
- Alterations in cytosine methylation and species-specific transcription induced by interspecific hybridization between Oryza sativa and O. officinalisHuajun Jin
Key Laboratory of Ministry of Education for Plant Development Biology, College of Life Sciences, Wuhan University, 430072, Wuhan, China
Theor Appl Genet 117:1271-9. 2008..In this study, we used the methylation-sensitive amplified polymorphism (MSAP) method to survey cytosine methylation alterations that occurred in F(1) hybrid and BC(1) progeny following ..
- Methylthioadenosine phosphorylase and activated insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor/insulin receptor: potential therapeutic targets in chordomaJosh Sommer
Chordoma Foundation, Greensboro, NC, USA, and Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center and Durham Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
J Pathol 220:608-17. 2010..Another gene in this region, methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP), is an essential enzyme of the purine salvage pathway and has therapeutic relevance because MTAP-deficient cells ..
- Prevention of thromboxane A2 receptor-mediated pulmonary hypertension by a nonpeptide angiotensin II type 1 receptor antagonistF Bertolino
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases II, Centre de Recherche Pierre Fabre, Castres, France
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 268:747-52. 1994..In anesthetized, open chest rats, U-46619 dose dependently increased MPAP whereas MSAP presented a biphasic evolution. The U-446619 (1.25 micrograms/kg)-increased MPAP (52.4 +/- 12.1%; P < ...
- The allotetraploid Arabidopsis thaliana-Arabidopsis lyrata subsp. petraea as an alternative model system for the study of polyploidy in plantsJulien Beaulieu
Departement de Phytologie, Universite Laval, 1243 Pavillon C E Marchand, Quebec, QC, G1K 7P4, Canada
Mol Genet Genomics 281:421-35. 2009..Changes in the degree of methylation were observed at almost 25% of the loci examined by MSAP analysis...
- Genetic and epigenetic instability of amplification-prone sequences of a novel B chromosome induced by tissue culture in Plantago lagopus LGurmeet Kour
Plant Genomics Laboratory, School of Biotechnology, University of Jammu, Jammu 180006, India
Plant Cell Rep 28:1857-67. 2009..and epigenetic mechanisms were assessed in regenerants using molecular techniques, namely, PCR-RFLP, SSAP and MSAP. The retrotransposon-based molecular markers were applied to detect the polymorphism within transposable elements ..
- Expression of methylthioadenosine phosphorylase cDNA in p16-, MTAP- malignant cells: restoration of methylthioadenosine phosphorylase-dependent salvage pathways and alterations of sensitivity to inhibitors of purine de novo synthesisZ H Chen
Cancer Center, University of Massachusetts Medical Center, Worcester, Massachusetts 01655, USA
Mol Pharmacol 52:903-11. 19975'-Deoxy-5'-methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP) is involved in the salvage of adenine and methylthio moieties of 5'-deoxy-5'-methylthioadenosine, a byproduct of polyamine synthesis, to adenine nucleotides and methionine, respectively...
- Conformational changes and stabilization induced by phosphate binding to 5'-methylthioadenosine phosphorylase from the thermophilic archaeon Sulfolobus solfataricusG Cacciapuoti
Dipartimento di Biochimica e Biofisica F Cedrangolo, Seconda Universita degli Studi di Napoli, Via Costantinopoli 16, 80138, Naples, Italy
Extremophiles 5:295-302. 2001....
- Nitric oxide produces different actions in different areas of the periaqueductal grey in catsM R Wang
Graduate Institute of Life Science, National Defense Medical Center, Taiwan, Republic of, Taipei, China
Neurosci Lett 309:57-61. 2001..the midbrain elicited similar patterns of cardiovascular responses: increases in mean systemic arterial pressure (MSAP), heart rate (HR) and mean blood flows (F) of the common carotid and femoral arteries, accompanied with a 'hissing-..
- [Analysis of genomic DNA methylation level in radish under cadmium stress by methylation-sensitive amplified polymorphism technique]Jin Lan Yang
National Key Laboratory of Crop Genetics and Germplasm Enhancement, College of Horticulture, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing 210095, China
Zhi Wu Sheng Li Yu Fen Zi Sheng Wu Xue Xue Bao 33:219-26. 2007..genome was analysed using the technique of methylation-sensitive amplified polymorphism (MSAP)...
- Epigenetic differentiation and relationship to adaptive genetic divergence in discrete populations of the violet Viola cazorlensisCarlos M Herrera
Estacion Biologica de Donana, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas CSIC, Isla de la Cartuja, Sevilla, Spain
New Phytol 187:867-76. 2010..the southern Spanish violet Viola cazorlensis (Violaceae) using the methylation-sensitive amplified polymorphism (MSAP) technique, a modification of the amplified fragment length polymorphism method (AFLP) based on the differential ..
- Prenatal exposure to zymosan results in hypertension in adult offspring ratsWenqiang Liao
National Integrative Medicine Centre for Cardiovascular Diseases, China Japan Friendship Hospital, Beijing, China
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 35:1413-8. 2008..a non-infectious and non-bacterial agent capable of inducing inflammation, on mean systolic arterial pressure (MSAP) in rat offspring at 6-66 weeks of age. 2...
- Mice heterozygous for germ-line mutations in methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP) die prematurely of T-cell lymphomaYuwaraj Kadariya
Division of Population Science, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
Cancer Res 69:5961-9. 2009Large homozygous deletions of 9p21 that inactivate CDKN2A, ARF, and MTAP are common in a wide variety of human cancers...
- Tissue culture-induced locus-specific alteration in DNA methylation and its correlation with genetic variation in Codonopsis lanceolata Benth. et Hook. fW L Guo
Laboratory of Plant Molecular Epigenetics, Institute of Genetics and Cytology, Northeast Normal University, Changchun 130024, China
Plant Cell Rep 26:1297-307. 2007..of cytosine methylation at the CCGG sites in the same set of regenerants relative to the donor plant, by the MSAP method employing a pair of isoschizomers, HpaII and MspI, which recognize the same restriction site but are ..
- Detection of stool DNA mutations before and after treatment of colorectal neoplasiaSapna Syngal
Division of Population Sciences, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer 106:277-83. 2006....
- Using specific cytotoxics with a targeted mindAngelo Di Leo
Sandro Pitigliani Medical Oncology Unit, Department of Oncology, Hospital of Prato, Tuscany Cancer Institute, Prato, Italy
Breast 16:S120-6. 2007..b) Taxanes Microtubule-associated parameters (MTAP) such as the TAU protein, HER-2 gene amplification, and p-53 gene mutations, have been suggested as potential ..
- Design and synthesis of potent "sulfur-free" transition state analogue inhibitors of 5'-methylthioadenosine nucleosidase and 5'-methylthioadenosine phosphorylaseAlistair I Longshaw
Carbohydrate Chemistry Team, Industrial Research Limited, P O Box 31310, Lower Hutt, New Zealand
J Med Chem 53:6730-46. 2010..In humans, 5'-methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP) is involved in polyamine biosynthesis as well as in purine and SAM salvage pathways and thus has been identified ..
- Alteration of DNA methylation level and pattern in sorghum (Sorghum bicolor L.) pure-lines and inter-line F1 hybrids following low-dose laser irradiationHuan Wang
Key Laboratory of Molecular Epigenetics of MOE, Northeast Normal University, Changchun 130024, China
J Photochem Photobiol B 99:150-3. 2010..level and pattern of DNA methylation in the plants were analyzed by methylation-sensitive amplified polymorphism (MSAP)...
- Extent and pattern of DNA methylation alteration in rice lines derived from introgressive hybridization of rice and Zizania latifolia GrisebZ Y Dong
Laboratory of Plant Molecular Epigenetics, Institute of Genetics and Cytology, Northeast Normal University, Changchun 130024, China
Theor Appl Genet 113:196-205. 2006..In this study, using the methylation-sensitive amplified polymorphism (MSAP) method, we globally assessed the extent and pattern of cytosine methylation alterations in three typical ..
- Sensitivity and specificity of a stool DNA multitarget assay panel for the detection of advanced colorectal neoplasiaKuldeep S Tagore
University of California Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, USA
Clin Colorectal Cancer 3:47-53. 2003..This study was designed to provide an estimate of the sensitivity and specificity of a multitarget assay panel (MTAP) of stool DNA changes...
- Circadian pharmacology of L-alanosine (SDX-102) in miceXiao Mei Li
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U776 Rythmes biologiques et cancers Université Paris Sud, Paul Brousse Hospital, 94800 Villejuif, France
Mol Cancer Ther 5:337-46. 2006..through inhibition of de novo purine biosynthesis, an effect potentiated by methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP) deficiency. The relevance of circadian dosing time was investigated for chronotherapeutic optimization of SDX-102...
- Genomic instability in Solanum tuberosum x Solanum kurtzianum interspecific hybridsC F Marfil
Laboratorio de Biologia Molecular, INTA La Consulta, CONICET, Facultad de Ciencias Agrarias, U N de Cuyo, A Brown 500 M5528AHB Chacras de Coria, Mendoza, Argentina
Genome 49:104-13. 2006..Of 277 MSAP fragments analyzed, 14% showed methylation patterns that differed between the parental species and the hybrids...
- [DNA methylation in cotton hybrids and their parents]Y Zhao
Mol Biol (Mosk) 42:195-205. 2008..methylation level from seedling stage to flowering stage by using the methylation-sensitive amplified polymorphism (MSAP) method...
- Concordant loss of MTAP and p16/CDKN2A expression in gastroesophageal carcinogenesis: evidence of homozygous deletion in esophageal noninvasive precursor lesions and therapeutic implicationsEric L Powell
Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 29:1497-504. 2005The gene that encodes methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP), an enzyme involved in adenine and methionine salvage pathways, is located on chromosome 9p21 telomeric to the p16INK4A/CDKN2A tumor suppressor gene...
- Diffusion tensor imaging in idiopathic Parkinson's disease and multisystem atrophy (parkinsonian type)Christian Daniel Cnyrim
Department of Neuroradiology, UK SH, Kiel, Germany
Neurodegener Dis 13:1-8. 2014..FA) within white brain matter between patients with PD and multisystem atrophy of the parkinsonian type (MSAp)...
- Genetic identity of clones and methods to explore DNAB de Montera
Unité de Biologie du Développement et Reproduction, INRA, Jouy en Josas, France
Cloning Stem Cells 6:133-9. 2004..We have used, in parallel, the AFLP technique (amplification fragment length polymorphism) and one of its variant, MSAP (methylation-sensitive amplification polymorphism)...
- Chemotherapy targeting methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP) deficiency in adult T cell leukemia (ATL)H Harasawa
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki, Japan
Leukemia 16:1799-807. 2002Methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP) is an important enzyme used for the salvage of adenine and methionine. Cells lacking this enzyme are expected to be sensitive to purine synthesis inhibitors and/or methionine starvation...
- Acute cardiopulmonary effects of a dual-endothelin receptor antagonist on oleic acid-induced pulmonary arterial hypertension in dogsLing Wang
Research Institute of Respiratory Diseases and Department of Surgical Intensive Care Unit, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Exp Lung Res 30:31-42. 2004..arterial pressure (MPAP) and pulmonary vascular resistance (PVR) and a decrease in mean systemic arterial pressure (MSAP), systemic vascular resistance (SVR), and cardiac output (CO) in all dogs...
- Transgenerational variations in DNA methylation induced by drought stress in two rice varieties with distinguished difference to drought resistanceXiaoguo Zheng
College of Plant Sciences and Technology, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan, China Shanghai Agrobiological Gene Center, Shanghai, China
PLoS ONE 8:e80253. 2013..drought stress (DT) at seedling stage were assessed by using Methylation Sensitive Amplification Polymorphism (MSAP) method...
- Effect of 9p21.3 coronary artery disease locus neighboring genes on atherosclerosis in miceJuyong Brian Kim
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1679, USA
Circulation 126:1896-906. 2012..We set out to investigate the potential role of the 9p21.3 locus neighboring genes, including Mtap, the 2 isoforms of Cdkn2a, p16Ink4a and p19Arf, and Cdkn2b, in atherosclerosis using knockout mice models.
- Rapid alterations of gene expression and cytosine methylation in newly synthesized Brassica napus allopolyploidsYanhao Xu
College of Life Sciences, Wuhan University, Wuhan, 430072, China
Planta 229:471-83. 2009..Using cDNA-amplified fragment length polymorphism (cDNA-AFLP) and methylation-sensitive amplification polymorphism (MSAP) approaches, ~4.09 and 6...
- Quantification of intermediates of the methionine and polyamine metabolism by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry in cultured tumor cells and liver biopsiesAxel P Stevens
Institute of Functional Genomics, University of Regensburg, Josef Engert Str 9, 93053 Regensburg, Germany
J Chromatogr A 1217:3282-8. 2010..we showed recently, that the chromosomal deletion or inactivation of the methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP) gene led to the accumulation of 5'-deoxy-5'-(methylthio)adenosine (MTA) in cancer cells...
- Analysis of DNA methylation in different maize tissuesYanli Lu
Maize Research Institute of Sichuan Agriculture University Key Laboratory of Crop Genetic Resource and Improvement, Ministry of Education, Ya an, China
J Genet Genomics 35:41-8. 2008..Both MSAP (methylation sensitive amplification polymorphism) ratio and full methylation level were the highest in bracteal ..
- Analysis of ploidy and the patterns of amplified fragment length polymorphism and methylation sensitive amplified polymorphism in strawberry plants recovered from cryopreservationYu Jin Hao
National Key Laboratory of Crop Genetic Improvement, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan, P R China
Cryo Letters 23:37-46. 2002..Methylation sensitive amplified polymorphism (MSAP) assay was carried out for further investigation on the influence of cryopreservation on DNA methylation status...
- Multimodal interventional molecular imaging of tumor margins and distant metastases by targeting αvβ3 integrinAnton Bunschoten
Interventional Molecular Imaging, Department of Radiology, Leiden University Medical Center, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Chembiochem 13:1039-45. 2012..A hybrid imaging agent targeting the α(v)β(3) integrin--(111)In-MSAP-RGD (MSAP = multifunctional single-attachment-point reagent), which contains a targeting moiety, a pentetic acid (..
- Inter-species grafting caused extensive and heritable alterations of DNA methylation in Solanaceae plantsRui Wu
Key Laboratory of Molecular Epigenetics of Ministry of Education MOE, Northeast Normal University, Changchun, Jilin Province, China
PLoS ONE 8:e61995. 2013..Given characteristics of grafting, it is interesting to test whether the process may cause an alteration of this epigenetic marker in the grafted organismal products...
- Common genetic variants in the 9p21 region and their associations with multiple tumoursF Gu
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20852, USA
Br J Cancer 108:1378-86. 2013..The chromosome 9p21.3 region has been implicated in the pathogenesis of multiple cancers...
- Spaceflight-induced genetic and epigenetic changes in the rice (Oryza sativa L.) genome are independent of each otherXiufang Ou
Key Laboratory of Molecular Epigenetics of MOE and Institute of Genetics and Cytology, Northeast Normal University, Changchun 130024, China
Genome 53:524-32. 2010..of DNA markers, amplified fragment length polymorphism (AFLP) and methylation sensitive amplified polymorphism (MSAP)...
- Methylthioadenosine phosphorylase expression in cutaneous squamous cell carcinomaHasen M Alhebshi
Institute of Medicine, University of Brunei Darussalam, Jalan Tungku Link, Gadong BE1410, Brunei Darussalam
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 9:291-4. 2008The methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP) gene is a tumour suppressor gene, located on chromosome 9p21, 100 kb telomeric of the p15 and p16 genes, which are often deleted in tumor cells...
- The methylthioadenosine phosphorylase gene is frequently co-deleted with the p16INK4a gene in acute type adult T-cell leukemiaY Hori
Department of Medicine, Sam and Rose Stein Institute for Research on Aging, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, USA
Int J Cancer 75:51-6. 1998..The gene for methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP), a purine and methionine metabolic enzyme, resides approximately 100 Kb telomeric to the p16INK4a gene and is ..
- Incidence and prevalence of multiple system atrophy: a nationwide study in IcelandAnna Björnsdóttir
Department of Neurology, Landspitali University Hospital, Fossvogur, Reykjavik 108, Iceland
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 84:136-40. 2013..system atrophy (MSA) is a neurodegenerative disorder characterised by autonomic dysfunction with parkinsonism (MSAp) or cerebellar (MSAc) symptoms...
- General-purpose genotype or how epigenetics extend the flexibility of a genotypeRachel Massicotte
Departement de sciences biologiques, Universite de Montreal, C P 6128, Succursale Centre Ville, Montreal, QC, Canada H3C 3J7
Genet Res Int 2012:317175. 2012..In spite of a low number of informative fragments obtained from an MSAP analysis, individuals of a given lake are epigenetically similar, and methylation profiles allow the clustering of ..
- Role of disulfide bonds in conformational stability and folding of 5'-deoxy-5'-methylthioadenosine phosphorylase II from the hyperthermophilic archaeon Sulfolobus solfataricusGiovanna Cacciapuoti
Dipartimento di Biochimica e Biofisica F Cedrangolo, Seconda Universita di Napoli, Via Costantinopoli 16, 80138 Napoli, Italy
Biochim Biophys Acta 1824:1136-43. 2012..Thermal and chemical unfolding of SsMTAPII occur with dissociation of the native hexameric state into denatured monomers, as indicated by SDS-PAGE...
- Increasing the therapeutic index of 5-fluorouracil and 6-thioguanine by targeting loss of MTAP in tumor cellsBaiqing Tang
Cancer Biology Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 13:1082-90. 2012Methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP), a key enzyme in the catabolism of 5'-deoxy-5'-methylthioadenosine (MTA), catalyzes the formation of adenine and 5-methylthioribose-1-phosphate...
- Homozygous deletion of MTAP gene as a poor prognosticator in gastrointestinal stromal tumorsHsuan Ying Huang
Departments of Pathology, Surgery, and Radiation Oncology, and Divisions of Oncology and Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital Kaohsiung Medical Center, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Clin Cancer Res 15:6963-72. 2009..We did an integrative study of MTAP gene at 9p21 to analyze its implication in GISTs.
- Changes of cytosine methylation induced by wide hybridization and allopolyploidy in CucumisLongzheng Chen
State Key Laboratory of Crop Genetics and Germplasm Enhancement, College of Horticulture, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing 210095, China
Genome 51:789-99. 2008..phenomena, we investigated cytosine methylation in Cucumis by using methylation-sensitive amplified polymorphism (MSAP)...
- Search for methylation-sensitive amplification polymorphisms associated with the mantled variant phenotype in oil palm (Elaeis guineensis Jacq)E Jaligot
UMR 1098 Biologie du Dévelopment des Espèces Pèrennes Cultivées, CIRAD CP IRD, Centre IRD, Montpellier, France
Genome 47:224-8. 2004The methylation-sensitive amplification polymorphism (MSAP) technique has been employed on somatic embryo-derived oil palms (Elaeis guineensis Jacq.) to identify methylation polymorphisms correlated with the "mantled" somaclonal variation...
- Moderately severe acute pancreatitis: prospective validation of this new subgroup of acute pancreatitisRupjyoti Talukdar
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN, USA
Pancreas 41:306-9. 2012We described the entity moderately severe acute pancreatitis (MSAP), characterized by local complications (LCs) without organ failure (OF). The aim of this study was to validate MSAP.
- SATR-1 hypomethylation is a common and early event in breast cancerFabricio F Costa
Laboratory of Molecular Biology and Genomics, Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Rua Prof Antonio Prudente, 109, 4th Floor, 01509 010 Sao Paulo, SP Brazil
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 165:135-43. 2006..In this work, we used methylation-sensitive arbitrarily primed polymerase chain reaction (MSAP-PCR) to identify differentially methylated DNA fragments in normal and tumor breast samples...
- Reliability and validity of a new computer-administered pictorial activity and task sortJohn Mayer
US Spine and Sport Foundation, 3444 Kearny Villa Road, Suite 307, San Diego, California, USA
J Occup Rehabil 15:203-13. 2005..The Multidimensional Task Ability Profile (MTAP) is the latest in a series of measures that use a combination of drawings and task descriptions in a self-report ..
- Implications of P16/CDKN2A deletion in pleural mesotheliomasMarc Ladanyi
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Lung Cancer 49:S95-8. 2005..The homozygous co-deletion of MTAP, encoding the enzyme methylthioadenosine phosphorylase, in approximately 90% of mesotheliomas with P16/CDKN2A loss ..
- Regulation of human methylthioadenosine phosphorylase gene by the CBF (CCAAT binding factor)/NF-Y (nuclear factor-Y)Yuwaraj Kadariya
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Mie University School of Medicine, Tsu, Mie 514 8507, Japan
Biochem J 387:175-83. 2005..To understand the mechanism of the transcriptional regulation of the MTAP gene, we have cloned the 1...
- Methylthioadenosine phosphorylase from the archaeon Pyrococcus furiosus. Mechanism of the reaction and assignment of disulfide bondsGiovanna Cacciapuoti
Dipartimento di Biochimica e Biofisica F Cedrangolo, Seconda Universita di Napoli, Naples, Italy
Eur J Biochem 271:4834-44. 2004....
- Increased sensitivity to thiopurines in methylthioadenosine phosphorylase-deleted cancersSally A Coulthard
Newcastle Cancer Centre at the Northern Institute for Cancer Research, Newcastle University, Paul O Gorman Building, Medical School, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 4HH, United Kingdom
Mol Cancer Ther 10:495-504. 2011..The toxicity of DNPS inhibitors is influenced by methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP), a gene frequently deleted in cancers...
- DNA methylation polymorphism in flue-cured tobacco and candidate markers for tobacco mosaic virus resistanceJie hong Zhao
Guizhou Institute of Tobacco Science, Guiyang 550081, China
J Zhejiang Univ Sci B 12:935-42. 2011..of allotetraploid flue-cured tobacco, Nicotiana tabacum, using a methylation-sensitive amplified polymorphism (MSAP) technique. The results showed that methylation existed at a high level among tobacco accessions, among which 49...
- Characterization of the genetic components of Streptomyces lividans linear plasmid SLP2 for replication in circular and linear modesMingxuan Xu
Shanghai Institute of Plant Physiology, Shanghai Institutes of Biological Sciences, The Chinese Academy of Sciences, 300 Fenglin Road, Shanghai, 200032 People s Republic of China
J Bacteriol 188:6851-7. 2006..To replicate SLP2 in linear mode, additional SLP2 loci--either mtap(SLP2)/tpg(SLP2) or mtap(SLP2)/ilrA(SLP2)--were required...
- Analysis of target sequences of DDM1s in Brassica rapa by MSAPTaku Sasaki
Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Tohoku University, 1 1 Tsutsumidori Amamiyamachi, Aoba ku, Sendai, Miyagi, 981 8555, Japan
Plant Cell Rep 30:81-8. 2011..level between a wild-type (WT) plant and a ddm1-RNAi plant by methylation-sensitive amplification polymorphism (MSAP) analysis. MSAP analysis detected changes of DNA methylation of many repetitive sequences in the ddm1-RNAi plant...
- Jack of all nectars, master of most: DNA methylation and the epigenetic basis of niche width in a flower-living yeastC M Herrera
Estacion Biologica de Donana, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas CSIC, Avenida Americo Vespucio s n, Isla de la Cartuja, 41092 Sevilla, Spain
Mol Ecol 21:2602-16. 2012..reukaufii in the wild were combined with laboratory experiments and methylation-sensitive amplified polymorphism (MSAP) analyses designed to detect epigenetic responses of single genotypes to variations in sugar environment that ..
- Next generation sequencing of prostate cancer from a patient identifies a deficiency of methylthioadenosine phosphorylase, an exploitable tumor targetColin C Collins
Vancouver Prostate Centre, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Mol Cancer Ther 11:775-83. 2012..Both tumor and xenograft had a homozygous 9p21 deletion spanning the MTAP, CDKN2, and ARF genes...
- A corrected space group for Sulfolobus sulfataricus 5'-deoxy-5'-methylthioadenosine phosphorylase IIYang Zhang
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853 1301, USA
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 68:249-52. 20125'-deoxy-5'-methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP) catalyzes the phosphorolytic cleavage of 5'-deoxy-5'-methylthioadenosine (MTA), a byproduct of polyamine biosynthesis. The Sulfolobus sulfataricus genome encodes two MTAPs...
- Primate genome gain and loss: a bone dysplasia, muscular dystrophy, and bone cancer syndrome resulting from mutated retroviral-derived MTAP transcriptsOlga Camacho-Vanegas
Department of Genetics and Genomic Sciences, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Am J Hum Genet 90:614-27. 2012..proximal of three previously uncharacterized terminal exons of the gene encoding methylthioadenosine phosphorylase, MTAP. Intriguingly, two of these MTAP exons arose from early and independent retroviral-integration events in primate ..
- Direct and indirect organogenesis of Clivia miniata and assessment of DNA methylation changes in various regenerated plantletsQin Mei Wang
Institute of Genetics and Cytology, Northeast Normal University, Changchun 130024, People s Republic of China
Plant Cell Rep 31:1283-96. 2012..We employed the methylation-sensitive amplified polymorphism (MSAP) method to assess cytosine methylation variation in various regenerated plantlets and between organs...
- [Di-(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate increases the DNA methylation level of genomes in the mouse testis]Sheng De Wu
Department of Urology, Children s Hospital of Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing 400014, China
Zhonghua Nan Ke Xue 15:876-81. 2009..To investigate the effect of the exposure to di- (2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP) during pregnancy on the DNA methylation level of genomes in the testis of the offspring in mice...
- Divergent oriented synthesis for the design of reagents for protein conjugationElisabeth Garanger
Laboratoire de Chimie des Polymeres Organiques LCPO, UMR 5629 CNRS, IPB ENSCBP, Universite Bordeaux I, Pessac Cedex, France
J Comb Chem 12:57-64. 2010..biological activities, we employed the DOS method to efficiently obtain multifunctional single attachment point (MSAP) reagents for the conjugation to proteins...
- Comprehensive field synopsis and systematic meta-analyses of genetic association studies in cutaneous melanomaFoteini Chatzinasiou
Department of Dermatology, University of Athens Medical School, Andreas Sygros Hospital, Dragoumi 5, Athens 161 21, Greece
J Natl Cancer Inst 103:1227-35. 2011....
- Untangling individual variation in natural populations: ecological, genetic and epigenetic correlates of long-term inequality in herbivoryC M Herrera
Estacion Biologica de Donana, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Avenida Americo Vespucio s n, Isla de la Cartuja, Sevilla 41092, Spain
Mol Ecol 20:1675-88. 2011..In addition, methylation-sensitive amplified polymorphism (MSAP) analyses were used to investigate the association between browsing damage and epigenetic characteristics of ..
- Mapping of the shortest region of overlap of deletions of the short arm of chromosome 9 associated with human neoplasiaO I Olopade
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Illinois 60637
Genomics 14:437-43. 1992..IFNW), and-beta-1 (IFNB1) interferon genes, as well as the gene for the enzyme methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP)...
- Snapshot of DNA methylation changes associated with hybridization in XenopusAlie Patrick Koroma
Biology Department, University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas, USA
Physiol Genomics 43:1276-80. 2011..laevis and X. muelleri, using methyl-sensitive amplification polymorphisms (MSAPs). Out of a total of 546 MSAP markers, 364 were effective in elucidating the difference in methylation patterns between the hybrids and the ..
- Downregulation of methylthioadenosin phosphorylase by homozygous deletion in gastric carcinomaJin Kim
Department of Pathology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 50:421-33. 2011The methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP) gene is located on 9p21 telomeric to the CDKN2A tumor suppressor gene. Loss of MTAP gene is frequently associated with CDKN2A homozygous deletion...
- Focal 9p instability in hematologic neoplasias revealed by comparative genomic hybridization and single-nucleotide polymorphism microarray analysesAnu Usvasalo
Hospital for Children and Adolescents, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 49:309-18. 2010..Other possibly important genes included MTAP, IFN, MLLT3, JAK2, PTPLAD2, and PAX5...
- Deletion at chromosome arm 9p in relation to BRAF/NRAS mutations and prognostic significance for primary melanomaCaroline Conway
Section of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Leeds, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, UK
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 49:425-38. 2010..3 including the genes CDKN2A (which encodes CDKN2A and P14ARF), CDKN2B (CDKN2B), and MTAP was measured using multiplexed ligation-dependant probe amplification (MLPA), (N = 75 results)...
- [Effect of napthalene on the DNA methylation patterns and level in rice (Oryza sativa L.)]Jian cheng Fan
College of Urban and Environmental Sciences, Northeast Normal University, Changchun 130024, China
Huan Jing Ke Xue 31:793-800. 2010..Epigenetic instabilities in the blade of the plants in tillering and heading stage were assessed by MSAP marks...
- The Motif Tool Assessment Platform (MTAP) for sequence-based transcription factor binding site prediction toolsDaniel Quest
Computational Biology Group, Biological Sciences Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN, USA
Methods Mol Biol 674:121-41. 2010..In this chapter, a novel and robust assessment tool, the Motif Tool Assessment Platform (MTAP), is introduced and discussed.
- Potato cytosine methylation and gene expression changes induced by a beneficial bacterial endophyte, Burkholderia phytofirmans strain PsJNKedong Da
Institute for Sustainable and Renewable Resources, Institute for Advanced Learning and Research, 150 Slayton Avenue, Danville, VA 24540, USA
Plant Physiol Biochem 50:24-34. 2012..used a combination of capillary electrophoresis and methylation-sensitive amplification length polymorphism (CE-MSAP) analysis to investigate the potato genomic DNA cytosine methylation changes that occur in response to PsJN ..
- [Macrocystic serous adenoma of the pancreas: a report of 5 cases]Yan Liang Wang
Department of Pancreatic and Gastroenterologic Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital, China Medical University, Shenyang, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 48:1405-8. 2010To investigate the diagnosis and treatment of macrocystic serous adenoma of the pancreas (MSAP).
- Unraveling the structural and functional differences between purine nucleoside phosphorylase and 5'-deoxy-5'-methylthioadenosine phosphorylase from the archaeon Pyrococcus furiosusGiovanna Cacciapuoti
Dipartimento di Biochimica e Biofisica F Cedrangolo, Seconda Universita di Napoli, Via Costantinopoli 16, Napoli, Italy
Biochim Biophys Acta 1814:1358-66. 2011..Finally, we utilized the structural models of mutant enzyme-substrate complex to rationalize the functional effects of the mutations...
- Targeting tumors that lack methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP) activity: current strategiesJoseph R Bertino
Departments of Medicine and Pharmacology, The Cancer Institute of NJ, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 11:627-32. 2011Many solid tumors and hematologic malignancies lack expression of the enzyme methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP), due either to deletion of the MTAP gene or to methylation of the MTAP promoter...
- Down-regulation of methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP) induces progression of hepatocellular carcinoma via accumulation of 5'-deoxy-5'-methylthioadenosine (MTA)Georgi Kirovski
Department of Internal Medicine I, University Hospital Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Am J Pathol 178:1145-52. 2011Recently, we have shown that down-regulation of methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP) in hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) cells enhances the invasive potential and the resistance against cytokines...
- Expression of Chr9p21 genes CDKN2B (p15(INK4b)), CDKN2A (p16(INK4a), p14(ARF)) and MTAP in human atherosclerotic plaqueLesca Miriam Holdt
Institute of Laboratory Medicine, Clinical Chemistry and Molecular Diagnostics, University Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
Atherosclerosis 214:264-70. 2011..kinase inhibitors CDKN2B (p15(INK4b)), CDKN2A (p16(INK4a), p14(ARF)) and methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP) were expressed in human atherosclerotic lesions and whether expression was correlated with lesion composition.
- Purine Pathways and Inhibitor Design in PlasmodiumVern Schramm; Fiscal Year: 2006..in gene-disruptions of purine nucleoside phosphorylase (PNP), HGXPRT, APRT, and methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP). The hypothesis is that PNP and HGXPRT form the dominant purine salvage pathway...
- Purine salvage as a chemotherapeutic target in malariaKami Kim; Fiscal Year: 2002..The significance of alternative purine salvage enzymes methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP) and adenine phosphoribosyltransferase (APRT) will be examined using genetic disruption and inhibitor ablation of ..
- Transition State Analogues as Modulators of DNA MethylationVern L Schramm; Fiscal Year: 2010..is an orally available transition state analogue inhibitor for human 5'- methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP)...
- Colon Polyp Surveillance with DNA Analysis of StoolPhilip Schoenfeld; Fiscal Year: 2002..Multi-target DNA-based assay panels (MTAP) of stool may accurately diagnose colon adenomas...
- The Role of Methylthioadenosine Phosphorylase Loss in TumorigenesisWarren D Kruger; Fiscal Year: 2010Methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP) is a key enzyme in the methionine salvage pathway whose function is to convert 5cent-deoxy-5cent-methylthioadenosine (MTA) into methionine...
- Reagents for the Design of Targeted Multifunctional NanomaterialsLee Josephson; Fiscal Year: 2010..multifunctional materials design lies in a new class of reagents termed Multifunctional Single Attachment Point or MSAP's...
- MECHANISM OF ACTION OF FOLATE ANTAGONISTSJoseph Bertino; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Mechanism of Action of Folate AntagonistJoseph Bertino; Fiscal Year: 2007..The use of MEF cells null for p53, p19 ARF and both will be utilized to test in a more well defined system the function of these proteins on DHFR levels. ..
- Mechanism of Action of Folate AntagonistJoseph Bertino; Fiscal Year: 2007..The use of MEF cells null for p53, p19 ARF and both will be utilized to test in a more well defined system the function of these proteins on DHFR levels. ..
- CANCER CENTER SUPPORT GRANTJoseph Bertino; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- DEVELOPMENTAL PHONOLOGICAL DISORDERSLawrence D Shriberg; Fiscal Year: 2010..A translational project will provide speech-language pathologists with an assessment tool to make early and accurate diagnostic decisions, with implications for individualized treatment based on the type of speech delay. ..
- DEVELOPMENTAL PHONOLOGICAL DISORDERSLAWRENCE SHRIBERG; Fiscal Year: 2009..A translational project will provide speech-language pathologists with an assessment tool to make early and accurate diagnostic decisions, with implications for individualized treatment based on the type of speech delay. ..
- The TCGA Cancer Genome Characterization Center at MSKCCMarc Ladanyi; Fiscal Year: 2007..They will also perform a variety of higher level analyses and integrated analyses to derive prioritized lists of genes and genomic regions of interest for sequencing by the TCGA Genome Sequencing Centers. ..
- MOLECULAR MODELING OF DIAGNOSIS AND PROGNOSIS IN HNSCCMaria Worsham; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- BENIGN BREAST DISEASE--MOLECULAR DIFFERENTIATION OF RISKMaria Worsham; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- ASPL TFE3 fusion in human cancersMarc Ladanyi; Fiscal Year: 2006..3->qter; and finally analyze selected candidate genes in the same region for inactivating mutations. ..
- INHERITED MSH6 MUTATIONS IN DIVERSE COLORECTAL CANCERSSapna Syngal; Fiscal Year: 2004..Evidence that MSH6 is a moderately penetrant, later-onset hereditary colorectal cancer gene would imply the existence of similar genes for other common cancers that await discovery. ..