Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: mSin3A
Description: SIN3 transcription regulator family member A
Alias: WITKOS, paired amphipathic helix protein Sin3a, SIN3 homolog A, transcription regulator, histone deacetylase complex subunit Sin3a, transcriptional co-repressor Sin3A, transcriptional corepressor Sin3a, transcriptional regulator, SIN3A
- Burgio G, La Rocca G, Sala A, Arancio W, Di Gesù D, Collesano M, et al. Genetic identification of a network of factors that functionally interact with the nucleosome remodeling ATPase ISWI. PLoS Genet. 2008;4:e1000089 pubmed publisher..Consistent with these findings, the acetylation of histone H4 is altered when ISWI activity is perturbed in vivo. These findings suggest that ISWI associates with the Sin3A/Rpd3 complex to support its function in vivo. ..
- Yang L, Mei Q, Zielinska Kwiatkowska A, Matsui Y, Blackburn M, Benedetti D, et al. An ERG (ets-related gene)-associated histone methyltransferase interacts with histone deacetylases 1/2 and transcription co-repressors mSin3A/B. Biochem J. 2003;369:651-7 pubmed..with histone deacetylase 1 (HDAC1) and HDAC2, and that ESET also interacts with the transcription co-repressors mSin3A and mSin3B...
- Brown M, Sims R, Gottlieb P, Tucker P. Identification and characterization of Smyd2: a split SET/MYND domain-containing histone H3 lysine 36-specific methyltransferase that interacts with the Sin3 histone deacetylase complex. Mol Cancer. 2006;5:26 pubmed..Moreover, Smyd2 appears to restrain cell proliferation, likely through direct modulation of chromatin structure. ..
- Niki T, Takahashi Niki K, Taira T, Iguchi Ariga S, Ariga H. DJBP: a novel DJ-1-binding protein, negatively regulates the androgen receptor by recruiting histone deacetylase complex, and DJ-1 antagonizes this inhibition by abrogation of this complex. Mol Cancer Res. 2003;1:247-61 pubmed..These results suggest that AR is positively regulated by DJ-1, which antagonizes the function of negative regulators, including DJBP. ..
- Sharma M, Sun Z. 5'TG3' interacting factor interacts with Sin3A and represses AR-mediated transcription. Mol Endocrinol. 2001;15:1918-28 pubmed..These results provide fresh insight into understanding the mechanism for repressing AR-, and perhaps other steroid hormone receptor-, mediated transcriptions. ..
- Zilfou J, Hoffman W, Sank M, George D, Murphy M. The corepressor mSin3a interacts with the proline-rich domain of p53 and protects p53 from proteasome-mediated degradation. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:3974-85 pubmed..We have previously shown that p53 interacts with the corepressor protein mSin3a (hereafter designated Sin3) in vivo and that this interaction is critical for the ability of p53 to repress gene ..
- Suzuki H, Ouchida M, Yamamoto H, Yano M, Toyooka S, Aoe M, et al. Decreased expression of the SIN3A gene, a candidate tumor suppressor located at the prevalent allelic loss region 15q23 in non-small cell lung cancer. Lung Cancer. 2008;59:24-31 pubmed..To our knowledge, this is the first evidence of the down-regulation of the SIN3A gene in human cancer. ..
- Zhang Y, Ng H, Erdjument Bromage H, Tempst P, Bird A, Reinberg D. Analysis of the NuRD subunits reveals a histone deacetylase core complex and a connection with DNA methylation. Genes Dev. 1999;13:1924-35 pubmed..MBD2 interacts with the NuRD complex and directs the complex to methylated DNA. NuRD may provide a means of gene silencing by DNA methylation. ..
- Murphy M, Ahn J, Walker K, Hoffman W, Evans R, Levine A, et al. Transcriptional repression by wild-type p53 utilizes histone deacetylases, mediated by interaction with mSin3a. Genes Dev. 1999;13:2490-501 pubmed..This interaction is not direct but, rather, is mediated by the corepressor mSin3a. Both wild-type p53 and mSin3a, but not mutant p53, can be found bound to the Map4 promoter at times when this ..
- Ellison Zelski S, Solodin N, Alarid E. Repression of ESR1 through actions of estrogen receptor alpha and Sin3A at the proximal promoter. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:4949-58 pubmed publisher..These data support a model of repression wherein actions of ERalpha and Sin3A at the proximal promoter can overcome activating signals at distal or proximal sites and ultimately decrease gene expression. ..
- Hassig C, Tong J, Fleischer T, Owa T, Grable P, Ayer D, et al. A role for histone deacetylase activity in HDAC1-mediated transcriptional repression. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:3519-24 pubmed..A subset of these mutations also cause a decreased interaction with the HDAC1-associated proteins RbAp48 and mSin3A. Disruption of histone deacetylase activity either by TPX or by direct mutation of a histidine presumed to be in ..
- Brubaker K, Cowley S, Huang K, Loo L, Yochum G, Ayer D, et al. Solution structure of the interacting domains of the Mad-Sin3 complex: implications for recruitment of a chromatin-modifying complex. Cell. 2000;103:655-65 pubmed..The SID helix is wedged within a deep hydrophobic pocket defined by two PAH2 helices. Structure-function analyses of the Mad-Sin3 complex provide a basis for understanding the underlying mechanism(s) that lead to gene silencing. ..
- Pungaliya P, Kulkarni D, Park H, Marshall H, Zheng H, Lackland H, et al. TOPORS functions as a SUMO-1 E3 ligase for chromatin-modifying proteins. J Proteome Res. 2007;6:3918-23 pubmed..Transfection studies confirmed mammalian Sin3A as a sumoylation substrate for TOPORS. These findings suggest that TOPORS may function as a tumor suppressor by regulating mSin3A and other proteins involved in chromatin modification.
- Lai A, Kennedy B, Barbie D, Bertos N, Yang X, Theberge M, et al. RBP1 recruits the mSIN3-histone deacetylase complex to the pocket of retinoblastoma tumor suppressor family proteins found in limited discrete regions of the nucleus at growth arrest. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:2918-32 pubmed
- Mangone M, Myers M, Herr W. Role of the HCF-1 basic region in sustaining cell proliferation. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9020 pubmed publisher..While conserved, the HCF-1 Basic region displays striking structural flexibility for controlling cell proliferation. ..
- Zhang J, Moncrieffe M, Kaczynski J, Ellenrieder V, Prendergast F, Urrutia R. A conserved alpha-helical motif mediates the interaction of Sp1-like transcriptional repressors with the corepressor mSin3A. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:5041-9 pubmed..Sp1-like protein with antiproliferative functions, represses transcription through recruitment of the mSin3A-histone deacetylase complex...
- Moehren U, Dressel U, Reeb C, Väisänen S, Dunlop T, Carlberg C, et al. The highly conserved region of the co-repressor Sin3A functionally interacts with the co-repressor Alien. Nucleic Acids Res. 2004;32:2995-3004 pubmed..Our results therefore indicate a novel functional role of the Sin3 HCR and give novel insights into Alien-mediated gene repression. ..
- Jones P, Veenstra G, Wade P, Vermaak D, Kass S, Landsberger N, et al. Methylated DNA and MeCP2 recruit histone deacetylase to repress transcription. Nat Genet. 1998;19:187-91 pubmed..These results establish a direct causal relationship between DNA methylation-dependent transcriptional silencing and the modification of chromatin. ..
- Yang S, Galanis A, Witty J, Sharrocks A. An extended consensus motif enhances the specificity of substrate modification by SUMO. EMBO J. 2006;25:5083-93 pubmed..We demonstrate that this extended motif can be used to correctly predict novel targets for SUMO modification. ..
- Wysocka J, Myers M, Laherty C, Eisenman R, Herr W. Human Sin3 deacetylase and trithorax-related Set1/Ash2 histone H3-K4 methyltransferase are tethered together selectively by the cell-proliferation factor HCF-1. Genes Dev. 2003;17:896-911 pubmed..These results suggest that HCF-1 can broadly regulate transcription, both positively and negatively, through selective modulation of chromatin structure. ..
- Ayer D, Lawrence Q, Eisenman R. Mad-Max transcriptional repression is mediated by ternary complex formation with mammalian homologs of yeast repressor Sin3. Cell. 1995;80:767-76 pubmed..b>mSin3A and mSin3B bind specifically to Mad and the related protein Mxi1...
- Yasui D, Miyano M, Cai S, Varga Weisz P, Kohwi Shigematsu T. SATB1 targets chromatin remodelling to regulate genes over long distances. Nature. 2002;419:641-5 pubmed..SATB1 defines a class of transcriptional regulators that function as a 'landing platform' for several chromatin remodelling enzymes and hence regulate large chromatin domains. ..
- Nikolaev A, Papanikolaou N, Li M, Qin J, Gu W. Identification of a novel BRMS1-homologue protein p40 as a component of the mSin3A/p33(ING1b)/HDAC1 deacetylase complex. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;323:1216-22 pubmed..Thus, our data indicate that p40 may be critically involved in transcription repression of cell growth-associated gene expression by recruiting the HDAC1 deacetylase complex. ..
- Tyagi S, Chabes A, Wysocka J, Herr W. E2F activation of S phase promoters via association with HCF-1 and the MLL family of histone H3K4 methyltransferases. Mol Cell. 2007;27:107-19 pubmed..These results suggest that HCF-1 induces cell-cycle-specific transcriptional activation by E2F proteins to promote cell proliferation. ..
- Laherty C, Yang W, Sun J, Davie J, Seto E, Eisenman R. Histone deacetylases associated with the mSin3 corepressor mediate mad transcriptional repression. Cell. 1997;89:349-56 pubmedTranscriptional repression by Mad-Max heterodimers requires interaction of Mad with the corepressors mSin3A/B. Sin3p, the S...
- Swanson K, Knoepfler P, Huang K, Kang R, Cowley S, Laherty C, et al. HBP1 and Mad1 repressors bind the Sin3 corepressor PAH2 domain with opposite helical orientations. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2004;11:738-46 pubmed..of differentiation, represses transcription in a HDAC/Sin3-dependent manner by targeting the mammalian Sin3A (mSin3A) PAH2 domain...
- Das T, Sangodkar J, Negre N, Narla G, Cagan R. Sin3a acts through a multi-gene module to regulate invasion in Drosophila and human tumors. Oncogene. 2013;32:3184-97 pubmed publisher..Tumor progression may commonly rely on such 'modules of invasion' under the control of broad transcriptional regulators. ..
- Hassig C, Fleischer T, Billin A, Schreiber S, Ayer D. Histone deacetylase activity is required for full transcriptional repression by mSin3A. Cell. 1997;89:341-7 pubmed..repression by Mad:Max heterodimers is mediated by ternary complex formation with either of the corepressors mSin3A or mSin3B...
- Meehan W, Samant R, Hopper J, Carrozza M, Shevde L, Workman J, et al. Breast cancer metastasis suppressor 1 (BRMS1) forms complexes with retinoblastoma-binding protein 1 (RBP1) and the mSin3 histone deacetylase complex and represses transcription. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:1562-9 pubmed..These results further show that BRMS1 may participate in transcriptional regulation via interaction with the mSin3.HDAC complex and suggest a novel mechanism by which BRMS1 might suppress cancer metastasis. ..
- Knight J, Lan K, Subramanian C, Robertson E. Epstein-Barr virus nuclear antigen 3C recruits histone deacetylase activity and associates with the corepressors mSin3A and NCoR in human B-cell lines. J Virol. 2003;77:4261-72 pubmed..Additionally, this complex associated with the mSin3A and NCoR corepressors in EBNA3C-expressing cell lines and may function in a complex with additional transcription ..
- Grozinger C, Hassig C, Schreiber S. Three proteins define a class of human histone deacetylases related to yeast Hda1p. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:4868-73 pubmed..indicate that these HDAC proteins are not components of the previously identified HDAC1 and HDAC2 NRD and mSin3A complexes. However, HDAC4 and HDAC5 associate with HDAC3 in vivo...
- Sif S, Saurin A, Imbalzano A, Kingston R. Purification and characterization of mSin3A-containing Brg1 and hBrm chromatin remodeling complexes. Genes Dev. 2001;15:603-18 pubmed..In addition, we have found that Brg1, hBrm, and BAF155 can interact specifically with mSin3A in vitro, showing a direct association of hSWI/SNF complexes with proteins involved in gene repression...
- Kuzmichev A, Zhang Y, Erdjument Bromage H, Tempst P, Reinberg D. Role of the Sin3-histone deacetylase complex in growth regulation by the candidate tumor suppressor p33(ING1). Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:835-48 pubmed..The N-terminal domain of p33 is present in several uncharacterized human proteins. We show that overexpression of p33ING1b suppresses cell growth in a manner dependent on the intact Sin3-HDAC-interacting domain. ..
- Laherty C, Billin A, Lavinsky R, Yochum G, Bush A, Sun J, et al. SAP30, a component of the mSin3 corepressor complex involved in N-CoR-mediated repression by specific transcription factors. Mol Cell. 1998;2:33-42 pubmed
- Nan X, Ng H, Johnson C, Laherty C, Turner B, Eisenman R, et al. Transcriptional repression by the methyl-CpG-binding protein MeCP2 involves a histone deacetylase complex. Nature. 1998;393:386-9 pubmed..MeCP2 that localizes with the TRD associates with a corepressor complex containing the transcriptional repressor mSin3A and histone deacetylases...
- Yang X, Zhang F, Kudlow J. Recruitment of O-GlcNAc transferase to promoters by corepressor mSin3A: coupling protein O-GlcNAcylation to transcriptional repression. Cell. 2002;110:69-80 pubmed..this posttranslational modification, interacts with a histone deacetylase complex by binding to the corepressor mSin3A. Functionally, OGT and mSin3A cooperatively repress transcription in parallel with histone deacetylation...
- La Porte A, Cano J, Wu X, Mitra D, Kalpana G. An Essential Role of INI1/hSNF5 Chromatin Remodeling Protein in HIV-1 Posttranscriptional Events and Gag/Gag-Pol Stability. J Virol. 2016;90:9889-9904 pubmed publisher..Interfering INI1 or the INI1-SAP18 interaction leads to the impairment of these processes, suggesting a novel strategy for inhibiting posttranscriptional events of HIV-1 replication. ..
- Lomberk G, Mathison A, Grzenda A, Seo S, DeMars C, Rizvi S, et al. Sequence-specific recruitment of heterochromatin protein 1 via interaction with Krüppel-like factor 11, a human transcription factor involved in tumor suppression and metabolic diseases. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:13026-39 pubmed publisher
- Sisakhtnezhad S, Heshmati P. Comparative analysis of single-cell RNA sequencing data from mouse spermatogonial and mesenchymal stem cells to identify differentially expressed genes and transcriptional regulators of germline cells. J Cell Physiol. 2017;: pubmed publisher..This article is protected by copyright. All rights reserved...
- Asensio Juan E, Fueyo R, PAPPA S, Iacobucci S, Badosa C, Lois S, et al. The histone demethylase PHF8 is a molecular safeguard of the IFN? response. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:3800-3811 pubmed publisher..Our data strongly indicate that in addition to its well-characterized function as a coactivator, PHF8 safeguards transcription to allow an accurate immune response. ..
- Zhong J, Li X, Cai W, Wang Y, Dong S, Yang J, et al. TET1 modulates H4K16 acetylation by controlling auto-acetylation of hMOF to affect gene regulation and DNA repair function. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:672-684 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings reveal that TET1 forms a complex with hMOF to modulate its function and the level of H4K16Ac ultimately affect gene expression and DNA repair. ..
- Choi W, Kim M, Jeon B, Koh D, Yun C, Li Y, et al. Role of promyelocytic leukemia zinc finger (PLZF) in cell proliferation and cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 1A (p21WAF/CDKN1A) gene repression. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:18625-40 pubmed publisher..PLZF interacts with corepressors, such as mSin3A, NCoR, and SMRT, thereby deacetylates Ac-H3 and Ac-H4 histones at the CDKN1A promoter, which indicated the ..
- Wong C, Privalsky M. Components of the SMRT corepressor complex exhibit distinctive interactions with the POZ domain oncoproteins PLZF, PLZF-RARalpha, and BCL-6. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:27695-702 pubmed..repressor, BCL-6, can interact with a variety of corepressor proteins in addition to SMRT, including the mSin3A protein and (for PLZF) histone deacetylase-1...
- Drouin E, Schrader C, Stavnezer J, Hansen U. The ubiquitously expressed DNA-binding protein late SV40 factor binds Ig switch regions and represses class switching to IgA. J Immunol. 2002;168:2847-56 pubmed..LSF interacts with both histone deacetylases and the corepressor Sin3A. We propose that LSF represses CSR by histone deacetylation of chromatin within S regions, thereby limiting accessibility to the switch recombination machinery. ..
- Wei Q, Miskimins W, Miskimins R. Stage-specific expression of myelin basic protein in oligodendrocytes involves Nkx2.2-mediated repression that is relieved by the Sp1 transcription factor. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:16284-94 pubmed..Additionally Nkx2.2 recruited a histone deacetylase 1-mSin3A complex to the myelin basic protein promoter...
- Bach I, Rodriguez Esteban C, Carriere C, Bhushan A, Krones A, Rose D, et al. RLIM inhibits functional activity of LIM homeodomain transcription factors via recruitment of the histone deacetylase complex. Nat Genet. 1999;22:394-9 pubmed..We conclude that Rlim is a novel corepressor that recruits histone deacetylase-containing complexes to the LIM domain. ..
- Ellenrieder V, Buck A, Harth A, Jungert K, Buchholz M, Adler G, et al. KLF11 mediates a critical mechanism in TGF-beta signaling that is inactivated by Erk-MAPK in pancreatic cancer cells. Gastroenterology. 2004;127:607-20 pubmed..real-time polymerase chain reaction, and coimmunoprecipitation studies were performed to study KLF11-induced and mSin3A corepressor-mediated repression of Smad7...
- Moravec C, Yousef H, Kinney B, Salerno Eichenholz R, Monestime C, Martin B, et al. Zebrafish sin3b mutants are viable but have size, skeletal, and locomotor defects. Dev Dyn. 2017;246:946-955 pubmed publisher..Our analysis of the sin3b mutant revealed a more nuanced requirement for zebrafish Sin3b than would be predicted from analysis of mutants in other species. Developmental Dynamics 246:946-955, 2017. © 2017 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Hildebrand D, Tiefenbach J, Heinzel T, Grez M, Maurer A. Multiple regions of ETO cooperate in transcriptional repression. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:9889-95 pubmed..ETO has been shown to interact with corepressors, such as N-CoR and mSin3A to form complexes containing histone deacetylases...
- Mehta S, Kim T, Vemuganti R. Long Noncoding RNA FosDT Promotes Ischemic Brain Injury by Interacting with REST-Associated Chromatin-Modifying Proteins. J Neurosci. 2015;35:16443-9 pubmed publisher..Therefore, LncRNA-mediated epigenetic remodeling could determine stroke outcome. ..
- Cai Q, Cai S, Zhu C, Verma S, Choi J, Robertson E. A unique SUMO-2-interacting motif within LANA is essential for KSHV latency. PLoS Pathog. 2013;9:e1003750 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the LANA(SIM) motif plays an essential role in KSHV latency and is a potential drug target against KSHV-associated cancers. ..
- Koipally J, Georgopoulos K. Ikaros-CtIP interactions do not require C-terminal binding protein and participate in a deacetylase-independent mode of repression. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:23143-9 pubmed..Finally, we show that CtIP and CtBP can interact with the general transcription factors, TATA binding protein and transcription factor IIB, which suggests a possible mechanism for their deacetylase-independent mode of repression. ..
- Kwon Y, Leibovitch B, Bansal N, Pereira L, Chung C, Ariztia E, et al. Targeted interference of SIN3A-TGIF1 function by SID decoy treatment inhibits Wnt signaling and invasion in triple negative breast cancer cells. Oncotarget. 2017;8:88421-88436 pubmed publisher..Taken together, targeting SIN3 function using SID decoys is a novel strategy to reverse invasion and the EMT program in TNBC translating into the inhibition of metastasis dissemination and eradication of residual disease...
- Wang S, Fusaro G, Padmanabhan J, Chellappan S. Prohibitin co-localizes with Rb in the nucleus and recruits N-CoR and HDAC1 for transcriptional repression. Oncogene. 2002;21:8388-96 pubmed..Prohibitin thus appears to repress E2F-mediated transcription utilizing different molecular mediators and facilitate channeling of specific signaling pathways to the cell cycle machinery. ..
- Xu M, Luo W, Elzi D, Grandori C, Galloway D. NFX1 interacts with mSin3A/histone deacetylase to repress hTERT transcription in keratinocytes. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:4819-28 pubmed publisher..Here, we demonstrate that NFX1-91 interacts with the corepressor complex mSin3A/histone deacetylase (HDAC) at the hTERT promoter...
- Brandl A, Wagner T, Uhlig K, Knauer S, Stauber R, Melchior F, et al. Dynamically regulated sumoylation of HDAC2 controls p53 deacetylation and restricts apoptosis following genotoxic stress. J Mol Cell Biol. 2012;4:284-93 pubmed publisher..Our data show a new molecular mechanism involving a dynamically controlled HDAC2-sumoylation/p53-acetylation switch that regulates cell fate decisions following genotoxic stress. ..
- Xu Z, Meng X, Cai Y, Koury M, Brandt S. Recruitment of the SWI/SNF protein Brg1 by a multiprotein complex effects transcriptional repression in murine erythroid progenitors. Biochem J. 2006;399:297-304 pubmed..Overexpression of Brg1 was associated with increased occupancy of the P4.2 promoter by the nuclear co-repressor mSin3A and HDAC2 (histone deacetylase 2) and with reduced histone H3 and H4 acetylation...
- Terhune S, Moorman N, Cristea I, Savaryn J, Cuevas Bennett C, Rout M, et al. Human cytomegalovirus UL29/28 protein interacts with components of the NuRD complex which promote accumulation of immediate-early RNA. PLoS Pathog. 2010;6:e1000965 pubmed publisher..We propose that pUL29/28 modifies the NuRD complex to stimulate the accumulation of immediate-early RNAs...
- Kim H, Lee J, Cho E, Liu J, Youn H. Menin, a tumor suppressor, represses JunD-mediated transcriptional activity by association with an mSin3A-histone deacetylase complex. Cancer Res. 2003;63:6135-9 pubmed..that Menin is a corepressor against JunD transcriptional activity via recruitment of histone deacetylases in an mSin3A-dependent manner...
- Klose R, Bird A. MeCP2 behaves as an elongated monomer that does not stably associate with the Sin3a chromatin remodeling complex. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:46490-6 pubmed..Our findings indicate the MeCP2 is not an obligate component of the Sin3a corepressor complex and may therefore engage a more diverse range of cofactors for repressive function. ..
- David G, Alland L, Hong S, Wong C, DePinho R, Dejean A. Histone deacetylase associated with mSin3A mediates repression by the acute promyelocytic leukemia-associated PLZF protein. Oncogene. 1998;16:2549-56 pubmed..Here we show that PLZF associates in vitro and in vivo with the Mad co-repressor mSin3A and the histone deacetylase HDAC1. Two domains in PLZF and the PAH1 structure of mSin3A mediate these interactions...
- Solaimani P, Wang F, Hankinson O. SIN3A, generally regarded as a transcriptional repressor, is required for induction of gene transcription by the aryl hydrocarbon receptor. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:33655-62 pubmed publisher..These studies establish that SIN3A physically interacts with the CYP1A1 gene and extends the transcriptional role of SIN3A to a gene that is very rapidly and dramatically induced. ..
- Daftary G, Lomberk G, Buttar N, Allen T, Grzenda A, Zhang J, et al. Detailed structural-functional analysis of the Krüppel-like factor 16 (KLF16) transcription factor reveals novel mechanisms for silencing Sp/KLF sites involved in metabolism and endocrinology. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:7010-25 pubmed publisher..These data also contribute to the new functional information that is applicable to understanding KLF16 and other highly related KLF proteins. ..
- Inoue Y, Iemura S, Natsume T, Miyazawa K, Imamura T. Suppression of p53 activity through the cooperative action of Ski and histone deacetylase SIRT1. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:6311-20 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Ski negatively regulates p53 and suggest that the p53-Ski-SIRT1 axis is an attractive target for cancer therapy. ..
- Ramachandran S, Osterhaus S, Parekh K, Jacobi A, Behlke M, McCray P. SYVN1, NEDD8, and FBXO2 Proteins Regulate ?F508 Cystic Fibrosis Transmembrane Conductance Regulator (CFTR) Ubiquitin-mediated Proteasomal Degradation. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:25489-25504 pubmed..It suggests that SYVN1 and FBXO2 represent two distinct multiprotein complexes that may degrade ?F508-CFTR in airway epithelia and identifies a new role for NEDD8 in regulating ?F508-CFTR ubiquitination. ..
- Weber A, Marquardt J, Elzi D, Forster N, Starke S, Glaum A, et al. Zbtb4 represses transcription of P21CIP1 and controls the cellular response to p53 activation. EMBO J. 2008;27:1563-74 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that Zbtb4 is a critical determinant of the cellular response to p53 activation and reinforce the notion that p21Cip1 can provide an essential survival signal in cells with activated p53. ..
- Yao C, Carraro G, Konda B, Guan X, Mizuno T, Chiba N, et al. Sin3a regulates epithelial progenitor cell fate during lung development. Development. 2017;144:2618-2628 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings reveal that Sin3a is an essential regulator for early lung endoderm specification and differentiation. ..