Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MRP4
Description: ATP-binding cassette, sub-family C (CFTR/MRP), member 4
Alias: EST170205, MOAT-B, MOATB, MRP4, ATP-binding cassette sub-family C member 4, MRP/cMOAT-related ABC transporter, bA464I2.1 (ATP-binding cassette, sub-family C (CFTR/MRP), member 4), canalicular multispecific organic anion transporter (ABC superfamily), multi-specific organic anion transporter B, multidrug resistance-associated protein 4, multispecific organic anion transporter B
Publications179 found, 100 shown here
- Stimulation of cyclic GMP efflux in human melanocytes by hypergravity generated by centrifugal accelerationKrassimira Ivanova
Institute of Aerospace Medicine, German Aerospace Center, Linder Hohe, 51170, Cologne, Germany
Pigment Cell Res 17:471-9. 2004..of 1 microM trequinsin, an inhibitor of cGMP-binding PDE (PDE5) and of transport by multidrug resistance proteins MRP4/5, whereas 50 microM trequinsin partially inhibited cGMP transport...
- Multidrug resistance-associated proteins 3, 4, and 5Piet Borst
Division of Molecular Biology and Center of Molecular Genetics, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Pflugers Arch 453:661-73. 2007..The function of MRP3 in other tissues, notably the gut and the adrenal cortex, remains to be defined. MRP4 and MRP5 have attracted attention by their ability to transport cyclic nucleotides and many nucleotide analogs...
- Effect of hypouricaemic and hyperuricaemic drugs on the renal urate efflux transporter, multidrug resistance protein 4A A K El-Sheikh
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen Centre for Molecular Life Sciences, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Br J Pharmacol 155:1066-75. 2008..Recently, we identified the multidrug resistance protein (MRP) 4 as a luminal efflux transporter for urate in the proximal tubule...
- Multidrug resistance-associated proteins and implications in drug developmentYa He Liu
Discipline of Chinese Medicine, School of Health Sciences, RMIT University, Melbourne, Victoria 3083, Australia
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 37:115-20. 2010..3. Both MRP4 and MRP5 are able to mediate the transport of cyclic nucleotides and confer resistance to certain antiviral and ..
- [Molecular cloning and functional characterization of a novel gene encoding human prostaglandin carrier, hPrC]Yasuna Kobayashi
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, Showa University, Tokyo, Japan
Yakugaku Zasshi 131:1493-501. 2011..Although there are several PG transporters such as multidrug resistance-associated protein 4 (MRP4), organic cation transporter 1 (OCT1) [solute carrier (SLC) 22A1], organic anion transporter 1-3 (OAT1-3) [SLC22A6-..
- Expression of multidrug transporter MRP4/ABCC4 is a marker of poor prognosis in neuroblastoma and confers resistance to irinotecan in vitroMurray D Norris
Children s Cancer Institute Australia for Medical Research, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Mol Cancer Ther 4:547-53. 2005..We observed frequent MRP4 overexpression in aggressive primary neuroblastoma, a disease for which we have previously shown MRP1 to be a ..
- ATP-dependent transport of leukotrienes B4 and C4 by the multidrug resistance protein ABCC4 (MRP4)Maria Rius
Division of Tumor Biochemistry, German Cancer Research Center, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 324:86-94. 2008..Thus, as an efflux pump for the proinflammatory mediators LTB(4) and LTC(4), ABCC4 may represent a novel target for anti-inflammatory therapies...
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs increase the antiretroviral activity of nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors in HIV type-1-infected T-lymphocytes: role of multidrug resistance protein 4Ma Isabel Clemente
Laboratory Inmuno Biologia Molecular, Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Maranon, Madrid, Spain
Antivir Ther 14:1101-11. 2009..b>MRP4 has been reported to transport antiretroviral drugs out of cells in an active process...
- Molecular interaction between HAX-1 and XIAP inhibits apoptosisYoung Ji Kang
Medical Proteomics Research Center, KRIBB, Daejeon 305 806, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 393:794-9. 2010....
- Characterization of the MRP4- and MRP5-mediated transport of cyclic nucleotides from intact cellsPeter R Wielinga
Division of Molecular Biology and Center for Biomedical Genetics, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Plesmanlaan 121, Amsterdam 1066 CX, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 278:17664-71. 2003..Two recently described members of the multidrug resistance protein family, MRP4 and MRP5, might be involved in this process, because they transport the 3',5'-cyclic nucleotides, cAMP and cGMP, ..
- Steroid and bile acid conjugates are substrates of human multidrug-resistance protein (MRP) 4 (ATP-binding cassette C4)Noam Zelcer
Division of Molecular Biology and Center for Biomedical Genetics, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Biochem J 371:361-7. 2003..Recently, it has been shown that Mrp4 is induced in the livers of Fxr ((-/-)) mice, which have increased levels of serum bile acids...
- Expression of MRP4 confers resistance to ganciclovir and compromises bystander cell killingMasashi Adachi
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
J Biol Chem 277:38998-9004. 2002The multidrug resistance protein MRP4, a member of the ATP-binding cassette superfamily, confers resistance to purine-based antiretroviral agents. However, the antiviral agent ganciclovir (GCV) has not been shown to be a substrate of MRP4...
- Modulatory effects of plant phenols on human multidrug-resistance proteins 1, 4 and 5 (ABCC1, 4 and 5)Chung Pu Wu
Department of Pharmacology, University of Cambridge, UK
FEBS J 272:4725-40. 2005..resveratrol, naringenin, daidzein and hesperetin with the multidrug-resistance-associated proteins, MRP1, MRP4 and MRP5...
- The human multidrug resistance protein MRP4 functions as a prostaglandin efflux transporter and is inhibited by nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugsGlen Reid
Division of Molecular Biology and Center of Biomedical Genetics, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:9244-9. 2003..In inside-out membrane vesicles derived from insect cells or HEK293 cells, MRP4 catalyzed the time- and ATP-dependent uptake of prostaglandin E1 (PGE1) and PGE2...
- Substrates and inhibitors of human multidrug resistance associated proteins and the implications in drug developmentShu Feng Zhou
Division of Chinese Medicine, School of Health Sciences, WHO Collaborating Center for Traditional Medicine, RMIT University, Victoria, Australia
Curr Med Chem 15:1981-2039. 2008..ABC) transporter genes and the multidrug resistance associated proteins (MRP1/ABCC1, MRP2/ABCC2, MRP3/ABCC3, MRP4/ABCC4, MRP5/ABCC5, MRP6/ABCC6, MRP7/ABCC10, MRP8/ABCC11 and MRP9/ABCC12) belong to the ABCC family which contains ..
- Prominent expression of xenobiotic efflux transporters in mouse extraembryonic fetal membranes compared with placentaLauren M Aleksunes
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Therapeutics, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160 7417, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 36:1960-70. 2008..At days 14 and 17, fetal membranes expressed higher mRNA levels of the efflux transporters Mrp2 (7-fold), Mrp4 (5-fold), Mrp5 (3-fold), Mrp6 (12-fold), Bcrp (2-fold), and Mate-1 (7-fold) than placenta...
- Minimal role of hepatic transporters in the hepatoprotection against LCA-induced intrahepatic cholestasisLisa D Beilke
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, College of Pharmacy, University Animal Care, University of Arizona, Tucson 85721, USA
Toxicol Sci 102:196-204. 2008..of uptake transporters Ntcp and Oatp4 was significantly increased, as were sinusoidal efflux transporters Mrp3 and Mrp4. Although in PB/LCA cotreated mice, the only significant change compared with LCA-only treatment was an increase in ..
- Modulators of multidrug resistance associated proteins in the management of anticancer and antimicrobial drug resistance and the treatment of inflammatory diseasesAn Kui Yang
Department of Head and Neck Surgery, Cancer Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510060, China
Curr Top Med Chem 10:1732-56. 2010..Both PGE(1) and PGE(2) are known high-affinity substrates of MRP4, but not MRP1, MRP2, MRP3 and MRP5. LTC(4) is a substrate of MRP1, MRP2, MRP3, and MRP6-8...
- Influence of acetaminophen vehicle on regulation of transporter gene expression during hepatotoxicityLauren M Aleksunes
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut 06269 3092, USA
J Toxicol Environ Health A 70:1870-2. 2007..In contrast, multidrug resistance-associated proteins Mrp1, Mrp2, Mrp3, and Mrp4, as well as multidrug resistance proteins Mdr1a and Mdr1b genes, were increased following APAP...
- The combination of glycyrrhizin and lamivudine can reverse the cisplatin resistance in hepatocellular carcinoma cells through inhibition of multidrug resistance-associated proteinsTakahiro Wakamatsu
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Kansai Medical University, Hirakata, Japan
Int J Oncol 31:1465-72. 2007..1-fold higher resistance to cisplatin, and they expressed higher levels of MRP2 (6.29-fold), MRP3 (3.2-fold), MRP4 (11.3-fold) and MRP5 (3.39-fold) mRNAs than the wild-type cells by using real-time PCR...
- Hepatic Mrp4 induction following acetaminophen exposure is dependent on Kupffer cell functionSarah N Campion
Dept of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Univ of Connecticut, 69 North Eagleville Rd, Unit 3092, Storrs, CT 06269 3092, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 295:G294-304. 2008..b>Mrp4 is the most significantly upregulated transporter in mouse liver following APAP treatment...
- Oxidative and electrophilic stress induces multidrug resistance-associated protein transporters via the nuclear factor-E2-related factor-2 transcriptional pathwayJonathan M Maher
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Therapeutics, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS, USA
Hepatology 46:1597-610. 2007..liver, Mrp2 transports bilirubin-glucuronide, glutathione (GSH), and drug conjugates into bile, whereas Mrp3 and Mrp4 efflux these entities into blood...
- MOAT-E (ARA) is a full-length MRP/cMOAT subfamily transporter expressed in kidney and liverM G Belinsky
Division of Medical Sciences, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Br J Cancer 80:1342-9. 1999..We previously reported the isolation of three human MRP/cMOAT-related transporters, MOAT-B (MRP4), MOAT-C (MRP5) and MOAT-D (MRP3). In the present study we describe the fourth MRP/cMOAT-related transporter...
- Gender differences in mRNA expression of ATP-binding cassette efflux and bile acid transporters in kidney, liver, and intestine of 5/6 nephrectomized ratsHong Lu
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Therapeutics, University of Kansas Medical Center, 3901 Rainbow Boulevard, Kansas City, KS 66160 7417, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 36:16-23. 2008..Renal protein expression of Mrp2 increased, whereas that of Mrp4 remained unchanged in both genders of Nx rats...
- Drug-metabolizing enzyme and transporter expression in a mouse model of diabetes and obesityQiuqiong Cheng
Department of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Rhode Island, Kingston, Rhode Island 02881, USA
Mol Pharm 5:77-91. 2008..multidrug resistance-associated proteins (Mrps) was increased in livers of ob/ob mice, particularly with Mrp4 expression being elevated by at least 6-fold and Mrp2 expression at least 3-fold in livers of ob/ob mice...
- Modulation of trabectedin (ET-743) hepatobiliary disposition by multidrug resistance-associated proteins (Mrps) may prevent hepatotoxicityJin Kyung Lee
School of Pharmacy, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7360, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 228:17-23. 2008..blot analysis demonstrated increased levels of CYP3A1/2 and Mrp2 in SCRH pretreated with DEX; interestingly, Mrp4 expression was increased in SCRH after BSO exposure...
- Response to chemotherapy and expression of the genes encoding the multidrug resistance-associated proteins MRP2, MRP3, MRP4, MRP5, and SMRP in childhood acute myeloid leukemiaDaniel Steinbach
University Children s Hospital, 07740 Jena, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 9:1083-6. 2003..Their structure, function, and substrate specificity have been studied intensively, but little is known about their clinical relevance in malignant diseases...
- Characterization of MOAT-C and MOAT-D, new members of the MRP/cMOAT subfamily of transporter proteinsM G Belinsky
Division of Medical Sciences, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 90:1735-41. 1998..To further define the MRP/cMOAT subfamily of transporters, we used EST probes to isolate complementary DNAs for two related transporter proteins, MOAT-C and MOAT-D...
- Drug efflux transporter multidrug resistance-associated protein 5 affects sensitivity of pancreatic cancer cell lines to the nucleoside anticancer drug 5-fluorouracilPraveen K Nambaru
Research Center of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Ernst Moritz Arndt University, Greifswald, Germany
Drug Metab Dispos 39:132-9. 2011..Expression of MRP1, MRP3, MRP4, and MRP5 in human pancreas and pancreatic carcinoma has been reported...
- Expression of human MRP6, a homologue of the multidrug resistance protein gene MRP1, in tissues and cancer cellsM Kool
Division of Molecular Biology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam
Cancer Res 59:175-82. 1999..cMOAT or MRP2, encoding the canalicular multispecific organic anion transporter; and four homologues, called MRP3, MRP4, MRP5, and MRP6. The most recently discovered member of the family, MRP6, is analyzed in this report...
- Molecular and functional MDR1-Pgp and MRPs expression in human glioblastoma multiforme cell linesXavier Declèves
INSERM U26, Hôpital F Widal, Paris, France
Int J Cancer 98:173-80. 2002..Three other MRPs (MRP3, MRP4 and MRP5) were detected by RT-PCR in both cell lines, whereas MRP2 was not expressed...
- Renal xenobiotic transporters are differentially expressed in mice following cisplatin treatmentLauren M Aleksunes
University of Connecticut, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 69 North Eagleville Road, U 3092 Storrs, CT 06269 3092, United States
Toxicology 250:82-8. 2008..Cisplatin-induced renal injury increased mRNA and protein levels of the efflux transporters Mrp2, Mrp4, Mrp5, Mdr1a and Mdr1b. Uptake transporters Oatp2a1 and Oatp2b1 mRNA were also up-regulated following cisplatin...
- The multidrug resistance-associated protein 3 (MRP3) is associated with a poor outcome in childhood ALL and may account for the worse prognosis in male patients and T-cell immunophenotypeDaniel Steinbach
Klinikum der FSU Jena, Klinik fur Kinder und Jugendmedizin, Postfach, 07740 Jena, Germany
Blood 102:4493-8. 2003..In this study the expression of the MRP2, MRP3, MRP4, MRP5, and SMRP genes was measured using TaqMan real-time polymerase chain reaction (PCR) in 103 children with ..
- Renal and hepatic transporter expression in type 2 diabetic ratsMichael T Nowicki
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, University of Connecticut, 69 North Eagleville Road, Storrs, CT 06269 3092, USA
Drug Metab Lett 2:11-7. 2008..3-fold) and decreased levels of Oct2 to 50% of control kidneys. Conversely, efflux transporters Mrp2, Mrp4, and Bcrp were increased 5.4-fold, 2-fold, and 1...
- Multidrug resistance-associated proteins are crucial for the viability of activated rat hepatic stellate cellsRebekka A Hannivoort
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Hepatology 48:624-34. 2008..With respect to hepatocytes, activated HSCs expressed high levels of Mrp1 and comparable levels of Mrp3, Mrp4, Mdr1a, and Mdr1b but not the hepatocyte-specific transporters bile salt export pump, Mrp2, and Mrp6...
- The potential impact of drug transporters on nucleoside-analog-based antiviral chemotherapyP Borst
Division of Molecular Biology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Antiviral Res 62:1-7. 2004..work has shown that at least three members of the family of human Multidrug Resistance-associated Proteins (MRPs), MRP4, 5 and 8, are able to transport some nucleoside-monophosphate analogs...
- Involvement of MRP4 (ABCC4) in the luminal efflux of ceftizoxime and cefazolin in the kidneyLei Ci
Department of Molecular Pharmacokinetics, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Mol Pharmacol 71:1591-7. 2007The purpose of the present study was to investigate the role of multidrug resistance-associated protein 4 (MRP4) in the tubular secretion of cephalosporin antibiotics...
- Subcellular localization of transporters along the rat blood-brain barrier and blood-cerebral-spinal fluid barrier by in vivo biotinylationL M Roberts
XenoPort, Inc, 3410 Central Expressway, Santa Clara, CA 95051, USA
Neuroscience 155:423-38. 2008..Lat1, Mrp1 and Mrp4 were detected on the basal-lateral surface of lateral ventricle choroid plexus epithelial cells...
- Contribution of multidrug resistance protein 2 (MRP2/ABCC2) to the renal excretion of p-aminohippurate (PAH) and identification of MRP4 (ABCC4) as a novel PAH transporterPascal H E Smeets
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Nijmegen Centre for Molecular Life Sciences, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, The Netherlands
J Am Soc Nephrol 15:2828-35. 2004..1 +/- 0.6 mM). Human MRP4 (ABCC4), which has recently been localized to the apical membrane, expressed in Sf9 cells had a much higher ..
- Coordinated induction of bile acid detoxification and alternative elimination in mice: role of FXR-regulated organic solute transporter-alpha/beta in the adaptive response to bile acidsGernot Zollner
Laboratory of Experimental and Molecular Hepatology, Div of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Medical University Graz, Auenbruggerplatz 15, Graz A 8036, Austria
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 290:G923-32. 2006..b>Mrp4 induction in the liver and kidney correlated with bile acid levels and was observed in UDCA-fed and CA-fed FXR(-/-) ..
- Drug transporter expression and localization in rat nasal respiratory and olfactory mucosa and olfactory bulbMary Beth Genter
Department of Environmental Health, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0056, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 38:1644-7. 2010..OCT)1, 2, and 3; OCTN1; organic anion-transporting polypeptide (OATP)3; and multidrug resistance (MRP)1 and MRP4] in nasal respiratory mucosa, olfactory mucosa, and olfactory bulb to the level of expression of these transporters ..
- Hepatobiliary transporter expression in intercellular adhesion molecule 1 knockout and Fas receptor-deficient mice after common bile duct ligation is independent of the degree of inflammation and oxidative stressMartin Wagner
Laboratory of Experimental and Molecular Hepatology, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Medicine, Medical University Graz, Auenbruggerplatz 15, A 8036 Graz, Austria
Drug Metab Dispos 35:1694-9. 2007..Mrp3 was moderately induced in ICAM(-/-), lpr, and endotoxin-resistant mice, whereas Mrp4 was only induced in the endotoxin-resistant strain...
- Down-regulation of organic anion transporter expression in human hepatocytes exposed to the proinflammatory cytokine interleukin 1betaMarc Le Vee
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U620, Faculty of Pharmacy, Rennes, France
Drug Metab Dispos 36:217-22. 2008..polypeptide (OATP)-B, OATP-C, and OATP8 and the efflux pumps multidrug resistance-associated protein (MRP) 2, MRP3, MRP4, and breast cancer resistance protein were also down-regulated at mRNA levels in human hepatocytes treated by IL-..
- P2Y1 and cysteinyl leukotriene receptors mediate purine and cysteinyl leukotriene co-release in primary cultures of rat microgliaP Ballerini
Department of Biomedical Sciences, G D Annunzio University of Chieti, Italy
Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol 18:255-68. 2005..receptors, P2Y1ATP receptors and several members of the ATP binding cassette (ABC) transporters including MRP1, MRP4 and Pgp. The increase in [Ca2+]i elicited by LTD4 (0...
- Ecto-5'-nucleotidase and thiopurine cellular circulation: association with cytotoxicityFang Li
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 38:2329-38. 2010..4 × 10(-10), R = -0.376). The thiopurine cellular circulation and genetic polymorphisms for genes encoding the proteins involved should be incorporated into future studies of thiopurine drug therapy and effect...
- Complementary stimulation of hepatobiliary transport and detoxification systems by rifampicin and ursodeoxycholic acid in humansHanns Ulrich Marschall
Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital Huddinge, Stockholm, Sweden
Gastroenterology 129:476-85. 2005..We aimed to study the molecular mechanisms of action of these drugs in humans...
- Change of drug excretory pathway by CCl4-induced liver dysfunction in ratHirotoshi Okumura
Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa University, Kakuma machi, Kanazawa 920 1192, Japan
Biochem Pharmacol 74:488-95. 2007..such as Ntcp, Oct1, and Oatp2 were decreased and basolateral ATP-binding cassette transporters such as Mrp3 and Mrp4 were increased by the CCl(4) treatment...
- Interaction of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs with multidrug resistance protein (MRP) 2/ABCC2- and MRP4/ABCC4-mediated methotrexate transportAzza A K El-Sheikh
Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen Centre for Molecular Life Sciences, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology 149, P O Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 320:229-35. 2007..overexpressing the proximal tubular apical efflux transporters human multidrug resistance protein (MRP) 2/ABCC2 and MRP4/ABCC4. MTX was transported by MRP2 and MRP4 with Km values of 480 +/- 90 and 220 +/- 70 microM, respectively...
- Diets high in selenium and isoflavones decrease androgen-regulated gene expression in healthy rat dorsolateral prostateRussell L Legg
Department of Nutrition, Dietetics and Food Science, Brigham Young University, Provo, UT 84602, USA
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 6:57. 2008..These components each affect androgen-regulated gene expression. The objective of this work was to determine the combined effects of selenium and isoflavones on androgen-regulated gene expression in rat prostate...
- Down-regulation of Na+/H+ exchanger regulatory factor 1 increases expression and function of multidrug resistance protein 4Md Tozammel Hoque
Division of Cancer Biology and Genetics, Cancer Research Institute, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Cancer Res 68:4802-9. 2008Multidrug resistance protein 4 (MRP4; ABCC4) is a member of the ATP-binding cassette superfamily of membrane transport proteins and confers resistance to nucleoside and nucleotide analogues as well as camptothecin derivatives...
- Kinetic validation of the use of carboxydichlorofluorescein as a drug surrogate for MRP5-mediated transportSusan Pratt
Lilly Research Laboratories, Lilly Corporate Center, Indianapolis IN 46285, USA
Eur J Pharm Sci 27:524-32. 2006..5 pmol/min/mg prot, while MRP1 (ABCC1) and MRP4 (ABCC4) had little to no uptake...
- Modulation of bile acid metabolism by 1alpha-hydroxyvitamin D3 administration in miceShigeru Nishida
Division of Biochemistry, Department of Biomedical Sciences, Nihon University School of Medicine, Tokyo 173 8610, Japan
Drug Metab Dispos 37:2037-44. 2009..These findings indicate that pharmacological activation of VDR enhances metabolism of bile acids, especially urinary excretion. The results confirm that VDR acts a regulator of bile acid metabolism in vivo...
- Efflux transporter expression and acetaminophen metabolite excretion are altered in rodent models of nonalcoholic fatty liver diseaseAndrew J Lickteig
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, College of Pharmacy, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 35:1970-8. 2007..there were striking increases in both mRNA and protein levels of multidrug resistance-associated protein (Mrp) 3, Mrp4, and breast cancer resistance protein, as well as increased Mrp2 protein...
- Mouse organic solute transporter alpha deficiency enhances renal excretion of bile acids and attenuates cholestasisCarol J Soroka
Yale Liver Center, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8019, USA
Hepatology 51:181-90. 2010..for the hepatic basolateral membrane export transporters, multidrug resistance-associated protein 3 (Mrp3) and Mrp4, and for the apical bilirubin transporter, Mrp2, were all increased...
- Multiple organic anion transporters contribute to net renal excretion of uric acidSatish A Eraly
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Physiol Genomics 33:180-92. 2008..Expression of mRNA of other putative urate transporters (UAT, MRP2, MRP4, Oatv1) was unaffected in the knockouts, as were general indexes of renal function (glomerular filtration rate, ..
- 6-mercaptopurine and 9-(2-phosphonyl-methoxyethyl) adenine (PMEA) transport altered by two missense mutations in the drug transporter gene ABCC4Daniel Janke
Institute of Pharmacology, University of Mainz, Mainz, Germany
Hum Mutat 29:659-69. 2008Multiple drug resistance protein 4 (MRP4, ABCC4) belongs to the C subfamily of the ATP-binding cassette (ABC) transporter superfamily and participates in the transport of diverse antiviral and chemotherapeutic agents such as 6-..
- Nrf2- and PPAR alpha-mediated regulation of hepatic Mrp transporters after exposure to perfluorooctanoic acid and perfluorodecanoic acidJonathan M Maher
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Therapeutics, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
Toxicol Sci 106:319-28. 2008..A single PFDA dose (80 mg/kg) administered to mice increased hepatic Mrp3 (fourfold) and Mrp4 (31-fold) mRNA expression...
- Longitudinal study of a mouse model of familial porphyria cutanea tardaD D Arch
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand) 55:46-54. 2009..This murine model of familial PCT affords the opportunity to study changes in porphyrinogen and porphyrin accumulation and transport in the absence of exogenous factors that alter P450 activity and transmembrane transporters...
- Induction of Mrp3 and Mrp4 transporters during acetaminophen hepatotoxicity is dependent on Nrf2Lauren M Aleksunes
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, University of Connecticut, 69 North Eagleville Road, Unit 3092, Storrs, CT 06269 3092, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 226:74-83. 2008..Similarly, APAP treatment increased hepatic Mrp3 and Mrp4 mRNA and protein in WT, but not Nrf2-null mice...
- ABCC drug efflux pumps and organic anion uptake transporters in human gliomas and the blood-tumor barrierHolger Bronger
Division of Tumor Biochemistry, German Cancer Research Center
Cancer Res 65:11419-28. 2005..Our data provide a basis for the assessment of the role of uptake transporters and efflux pumps in the accessibility of human gliomas for chemotherapeutic agents...
- Effects of angiotensin II receptor blockers on renal handling of uric acid in ratsYan Li
Tokyo University of Science, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Japan
Drug Metab Pharmacokinet 23:263-70. 2008..of uric acid by human URAT1 and others inhibit the transport of uric acid mediated by human URAT1, OAT1, OAT3 and MRP4 in vitro...
- Role of MRP4 and MRP5 in biology and chemotherapyJ Sampath
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
AAPS PharmSci 4:E14. 2002..We first identified, MRP4, based on its ability to efflux antiretroviral compounds, such as azidothymidine monophosphate (AZT-MP) and 9-(2-..
- Comparative effects of 1α-hydroxyvitamin D3 and 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 on transporters and enzymes in fxr(+/+) and fxr(-/-) miceEdwin C Y Chow
Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5S 3 M2
Biopharm Drug Dispos 34:402-16. 2013..and 1,25(OH)2 D3 , 1α(OH)D3 treatment led to higher increases in hepatic Cyp7a1, renal Cyp24a1, VDR, Mdr1 and Mrp4, and intestinal Cyp24a1 and Trpv6 mRNA expression in both fxr(+/+) and fxr(-/-) mice compared to 1,25(OH)2 D3 ..
- Induction of hepatic transporters multidrug resistance-associated proteins (Mrp) 3 and 4 by clofibrate is regulated by peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alphaJeffrey S Moffit
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 06269, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 317:537-45. 2006..levels for breast cancer resistance protein (Bcrp) and multidrug resistance-associated proteins 3 and 4 (Mrp3 and Mrp4, respectively)...
- Differential multidrug resistance-associated protein 1 through 6 isoform expression and function in human intestinal epithelial Caco-2 cellsHannah M Prime-Chapman
Institute for Cell and Molecular Biosciences, University of Newcastle, Medical School, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, UK
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 311:476-84. 2004..In Caco-2 cells, the rank order for mRNA expression was MRP2 > or = MRP6 > MRP4 > or = MRP3 > MRP1 = MRP5...
- cGMP and glutathione-conjugate transport in human erythrocytesAntonios Klokouzas
Department of Pharmacology, University of Cambridge, UK
Eur J Biochem 270:3696-708. 2003..MRP1, MRP4 and MRP5 are detected in immunoblotting studies with erythrocytes...
- Characterization of transport protein expression in multidrug resistance-associated protein (Mrp) 2-deficient ratsBrendan M Johnson
School of Pharmacy, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 34:556-62. 2006..Mrp2, Mrp3, Mrp4, P-glycoprotein, sodium-dependent taurocholate cotransporting polypeptide, organic anion transporting polypeptides ..
- Mrp4-/- mice have an impaired cytoprotective response in obstructive cholestasisAlbert Mennone
Liver Center and Department of Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
Hepatology 43:1013-21. 2006b>Mrp4 is a member of the multidrug resistance-associated gene family that is expressed on the basolateral membrane of hepatocytes and undergoes adaptive upregulation in response to cholestatic injury or bile acid feeding...
- Contribution of ABCC4-mediated gastric transport to the absorption and efficacy of dasatinibBrian D Furmanski
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pathology, and Oncology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Clin Cancer Res 19:4359-70. 2013..oral multikinase inhibitors are known to interact in vitro with the human ATP-binding cassette transporter ABCC4 (MRP4), but the in vivo relevance of this interaction remains poorly understood...
- Clinicopathological impact of ABCC1/MRP1 and ABCC4/MRP4 in epithelial ovarian carcinomaMarina Bagnoli
Fondazione IRCSS Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Via Venezian 1, 20133 Milan, Italy
Biomed Res Int 2013:143202. 2013..Thus, we examined the prognostic role of transporters of the MRP family (i.e., ABCC1/MRP1, ABCC4/MRP4) to gain insights into their clinical impacts...
- Hypoxia alters ocular drug transporter expression and activity in rat and calf models: implications for drug deliveryRajendra S Kadam
Pharmaceutical Sciences and Ophthalmology, University of Colorado, Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Mol Pharm 10:2350-61. 2013..5-fold in hypoxia. Nine ATP binding cassette (ABC) families of efflux transporters including MRP3, MRP4, MRP5, MRP6, MRP7, Abca17, Abc2, Abc3, and RGD1562128 were up-regulated...
- The absence of mrp4 has no effect on the recruitment of neutrophils and eosinophils into the lung after LPS, cigarette smoke or allergen challengeJurgen Schymeinsky
Respiratory Diseases Research, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH and Co KG, Biberach a d Riss, Germany
PLoS ONE 8:e61193. 2013The multidrug resistance protein 4 (Mrp4) is an ATP-binding cassette transporter that is capable of exporting the second messenger cAMP from cells, a process that might regulate cAMP-mediated anti-inflammatory processes...
- Organic anion-transporting polypeptide 1a4 (Oatp1a4) is important for secondary bile acid metabolismYoucai Zhang
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Kansas Medical Center, 3901 Rainbow Boulevard, Kansas City, KS, 66160, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 86:437-45. 2013..in BA concentrations in serum or liver, though they had increased mRNA of hepatic BA efflux transporters (Mrp4 and Ostα/β) and ileal BA transporters (Asbt and Ostα/β)...
- Regulation of cAMP homeostasis by the efflux protein MRP4 in cardiac myocytesYassine Sassi
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Unite Mixte de Recherche en Sante UMRS 956, Paris, France
FASEB J 26:1009-17. 2012..This study aimed to determine whether MRP proteins regulate cardiac cAMP homeostasis. Here, we demonstrate that MRP4 is the predominant isoform present at the plasma membrane of cardiacmyocytes and that it mediates the efflux of ..
- ABCB1 variation and treatment response in AIDS patients: initial results of the Henan cohortPeng Zhu
Key Laboratory of Molecular Biophysics of Ministry of Education, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
PLoS ONE 8:e55197. 2013..Genotyping of AIDS patients for ABCB1 variation may help predict outcome and potentially could help guide treatment strategies...
- Multi-drug resistance protein 4 (MRP4)-mediated regulation of fibroblast cell migration reflects a dichotomous role of intracellular cyclic nucleotidesChandrima Sinha
Department of Physiology, The University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tennessee 38163, USA
J Biol Chem 288:3786-94. 2013..In this study, we used multidrug resistance protein 4 (MRP4)-expressing cell lines and MRP4 knock-out mice as model systems and wound healing assays as the experimental system ..
- Single nucleotide polymorphisms in ABCC2 associate with tenofovir-induced kidney tubular dysfunction in Japanese patients with HIV-1 infection: a pharmacogenetic studyTakeshi Nishijima
AIDS Clinical Center, National Center for Global Health and Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Clin Infect Dis 55:1558-67. 2012..The aim of this study was to determine the association between polymorphisms in genes encoding drug transporters and KTD in Japanese patients treated with tenofovir...
- The MUC4 mucin mediates gemcitabine resistance of human pancreatic cancer cells via the Concentrative Nucleoside Transporter familyN Skrypek
INSERM, UMR837, Jean Pierre Aubert Research Center, Lille Cedex, France
Oncogene 32:1714-23. 2013..Alteration of MRP3, MRP4, hCNT1 and hCNT3 expression was observed in MUC4-KD cells, but only hCNT1 alteration was correlated to MUC4 ..
- Efflux protein expression in human stem cell-derived retinal pigment epithelial cellsKati Juuti-Uusitalo
The Institute of Biomedical Technology, University of Tampere, Tampere, Finland
PLoS ONE 7:e30089. 2012..transporter genes (MRP1, -2, -3, -4, -5, -6, p-gp, and BCRP), the protein expression and localization of MRP1, MRP4, and MRP5, and the functionality of MRP1 efflux pumps at different maturation stages of undifferentiated human ..
- Regulation of renal organic anion and cation transporters by thymoquinone in cisplatin induced kidney injuryRamazan Ulu
Department of Nephrology, Faculty of Medicine, Firat University, Elazig, Turkey
Food Chem Toxicol 50:1675-9. 2012..cisplatin only treated rats, the induced renal injury increased protein levels of the efflux transporters MRP2 and MRP4 while expression of OAT1, OAT3, OCT1 and OCT2 was reduced...
- The expressions of ABCC4 and ABCG2 xenobiotic transporters in human keratinocytes are proliferation-relatedAttila Bebes
Department of Dermatology and Allergology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Szeged, Hungary
Arch Dermatol Res 304:57-63. 2012..These results indicate that, besides their possible therapy-modulating effects, xenobiotic transporters may contribute significantly to other keratinocyte functions, such as cell proliferation...
- Renal efflux transporter expression in pregnant mice with Type I diabetesLindsay L Yacovino
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Rutgers University Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy, 170 Frelinghuysen Rd, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Toxicol Lett 211:304-11. 2012..Pregnancy decreased the expression of Mdr1b, Mrp4, and 5 proteins and increased the mRNA and protein expression of Mrp3 by 50-60%...
- Glucoraphanin does not reduce plasma homocysteine in rats with sufficient Se supply via the induction of liver ARE-regulated glutathione biosynthesis enzymesNicole M Blum
Institute of Agricultural and Nutritional Sciences, Preventive Nutrition Group, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Von Danckelmann Platz 2, D 06120, Halle Saale, Germany
Food Funct 2:654-64. 2011..new molecular targets explaining these results, we found a significant down-regulation of the hepatic GSH exporter MRP4 and an up-regulation of the HCys exporter Slco1a4...
- Comparative gene expression profiles of ABC transporters in brain microvessel endothelial cells and brain in five species including humanMark S Warren
XenoPort, Inc, 3410 Central Expressway, Santa Clara, CA 95051, USA
Pharmacol Res 59:404-13. 2009..are implicated in xenobiotic exclusion from the brain, including ABCB1 (PGP), ABCG2 (BCRP), ABCC1 (MRP1), ABCC4 (MRP4), and ABCC5 (MRP5)...
- Unimpaired immune functions in the absence of Mrp4 (Abcc4)Rieneke van de Ven
Department of Pathology, VU University Medical Center Cancer Center Amsterdam, De Boelelaan 1117, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Immunol Lett 124:81-7. 2009..Recently we reported that the human ATP-binding cassette (ABC) transporter multidrug resistance protein 4 (MRP4 and ABCC4) is required for the migration of human DC...
- COX-1 is coupled with mPGES-1 and ABCC4 in human cervix cancer cellsHana Radilova
GENERI BIOTECH s r o, Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
Mol Cell Biochem 330:131-40. 2009..In addition, mRNA expression of multidrug resistance protein 4 (MRP4, ABCC4), supposed to take part in antiviral and anticancer drug transport from cells, was up-regulated after COX-1 ..
- Efflux protein expression in human retinal pigment epithelium cell linesEliisa Mannermaa
Department of Pharmaceutics, University of Kuopio, Yliopistonranta 1C, 70210 Kuopio, Finland
Pharm Res 26:1785-91. 2009..The objective of this study was to characterize efflux proteins (P-glycoprotein (P-gp), multidrug resistance proteins (MRP1-6) and breast cancer resistance protein (BCRP)) of retinal pigment epithelium (RPE) cell lines...
- Expression of ATP-binding cassette membrane transporters in rodent and human sertoli cells: relevance to the permeability of antiretroviral therapy at the blood-testis barrierKevin R Robillard
Graduate Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 340:96-108. 2012..Expression of multidrug resistance Mdr1a/1b/MDR1/P-gp, Mrp1/MRP1, and Mrp4/MRP4 is confirmed by quantitative polymerase chain reaction and immunoblotting analysis in TM4 cells and HSECs...
- Population pharmacokinetic/pharmacogenetic model for optimization of efavirenz therapy in Caucasian HIV-infected patientsAlmudena Sánchez
Pharmacy Service, University Hospital of Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:5314-24. 2011..The CYP2B6*6 allele, multidrug resistance-associated protein 4 (MRP4) 1497C → T, and gamma-glutamyltranspeptidase (GGT) were identified as major factors influencing the apparent EFV ..
- Identification of the efflux transporter of the fluoroquinolone antibiotic ciprofloxacin in murine macrophages: studies with ciprofloxacin-resistant cellsBéatrice Marquez
Unité de Pharmacologie Cellulaire et Moléculaire, Louvain Drug Research Institute, UCL 7370 Avenue Mounier 73, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:2410-6. 2009..Analysis at the mRNA (real-time PCR) and protein (Western blotting) levels revealed an overexpression of Mrp2 and Mrp4. Mrp4 transcripts, however, were overwhelmingly predominant (45% [wild-type cells] to 95% [ciprofloxacin-resistant ..
- Carnosic acid and carnosol inhibit adipocyte differentiation in mouse 3T3-L1 cells through induction of phase2 enzymes and activation of glutathione metabolismToshiyuki Takahashi
Department of Welfare Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Iwate University, Morioka, Iwate 020 8551, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 382:549-54. 2009....
- Hepatic effects of a methionine-choline-deficient diet in hepatocyte RXRalpha-null miceMaxwell Afari Gyamfi
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Therapeutics, University of Kansas Medical Center, 3901 Rainbow Blvd, Kansas City, KS 66160 7417, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 234:166-78. 2009..Oatp1a1 and Oatp1b2 mRNA levels were decreased in WT mice fed the MCD diet, whereas the efflux transporter Mrp4 was increased...
- ABC efflux transporters in brain vasculature of Alzheimer's subjectsHasini C Wijesuriya
Department of Pharmacology, University of Cambridge, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge, CB2 1PD, UK
Brain Res 1358:228-38. 2010..of the ATP-Binding cassette (ABC) family, P-glycoprotein (Pgp), multidrug-resistance associated protein 4 (MRP4) and breast cancer resistance protein (BCRP), located on endothelial cells lining brain vasculature play important ..
- Sequence of a novel mRNA coding for a C-terminal-truncated form of human NAD(+)-dependent 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenaseF Pichaud
U 349 INSERM, Hopital Lariboisiere, Paris, France
Gene 162:319-22. 1995..Hybridization studies using specific probes indicated that this new mRNA form probably corresponded to the 3.4-kb mRNA, one of the two 15-PGDH mRNAs previously detected in Northern blot analysis...
- Role of breast cancer resistance protein in the adaptive response to cholestasisAlbert Mennone
Department of Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar Street, New Haven, CT 06520 8019, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 38:1673-8. 2010..Ost) α and multidrug resistance protein 1 and kidney multidrug resistance-associated protein (Mrp) 2, Mrp3, and Mrp4 were significantly greater in the sham Bcrp KO versus sham WT mice...
- Expression of ABC-type transport proteins in human plateletsJuliane Niessen
Department of Pharmacology, Research Center of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Ernst Moritz Arndt University, Greifswald, Germany
Pharmacogenet Genomics 20:396-400. 2010..Their functions may be related to glutathione and lipid homeostasis, secretion of lipid mediators, cell protection as well as drug transport...
- Vectorial transport of nucleoside analogs from the apical to the basolateral membrane in double-transfected cells expressing the human concentrative nucleoside transporter hCNT3 and the export pump ABCC4Maria Rius
Division of Tumor Biochemistry, German Cancer Research Center, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Drug Metab Dispos 38:1054-63. 2010..The results contribute to a better understanding of the cellular transport characteristics of nucleoside drugs...
- The impact of resuscitated fecal peritonitis on the expression of the hepatic bile salt transporters in a porcine modelJoost Wauters
Medical Intensive Care Unit, University Hospitals of the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Shock 34:508-16. 2010..001), respectively, in comparison with controls, whereas multidrug resistance-associated protein 4 (MRP4) mRNA was upregulated by 85% (P = 0.02). Bile salt export pump and MRP2 staining were downregulated in septic pigs...
- ABC multidrug transporters: target for modulation of drug pharmacokinetics and drug-drug interactionsBéatrice Marquez
Pharmacologie Cellulaire et Moléculaire, Louvain Drug Research Institute, Universite Catholique de Louvain, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Curr Drug Targets 12:600-20. 2011..cells, they expel drugs back to the external medium (if located at the apical side [P-glycoprotein, BCRP, MRP2, MRP4 in the kidney]) or to the blood (if located at the basolateral side [MRP1, MRP3, MRP4, MRP5]), modulating thereby ..
- Constitutive mRNA expression and protein activity levels of nine ABC efflux transporters in seven permanent cell lines derived from different tissues of rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss)Stephan Fischer
Department of Bioanalytical Ecotoxicology, UFZ Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research, 04318 Leipzig, Germany
Aquat Toxicol 101:438-46. 2011..Our data indicate that transporter expression and activity patterns in the different trout cell lines are irrespective of the tissue of origin, but are determined by factors of cell cultivation...
- Growth factors and engineered stroma for HSC expansionHarvey Lodish; Fiscal Year: 2006..protein T16; Cytokine Receptor-like Factor, and three members of the Proliferin gene family, Proliferin- 1; Mrp4, and proliferin- related protein (PRP)...
- Function of the MRP FamilyGARY KRUH; Fiscal Year: 2006..and others have determined that the first three of the newly identified family members to be examined, MRP3, MRP4 and MRP5, are also drug pumps involved in cellular resistance to anticancer agents...
- HIV RESISTANCE AND TREATMENT STRATEGIESRICHARD D AQUILA; Fiscal Year: 2007..and/or MRP2 (ABCC2)), nucleoside influx (OAT1, OAT3, and OAT4, CNT-1 and-2, and ENTs), and nucleoside efflux (MRP4 (ABCC4), MRP5 (ABCC5) are expressed and functional in lymphocytes...
- Inhibition of an apical cAMP transporter (MRP4) in the gut induces diarrheaAnjaparavanda Naren; Fiscal Year: 2009The hypothesis of this proposal is that the functional activities of the cAMP transporter (MRP4) and CFTR Cl- channel are physically and functionally coupled within the gut epithelial cells...
- Inhibition of an apical cAMP transporter (MRP4) in the gut induces diarrheaAnjaparavanda P Naren; Fiscal Year: 2010The hypothesis of this proposal is that the functional activities of the cAMP transporter (MRP4) and CFTR Cl- channel are physically and functionally coupled within the gut epithelial cells...
- Molecular Organization or Renal Organic Anion TransportStephen Wright; Fiscal Year: 2007..e., OAT1 and OAT3) and two distinct luminal transporters (i.e., MRP2 and MRP4)...
- Molecular Organization or Renal Organic Anion TransportStephen H Wright; Fiscal Year: 2010..e., OAT1 and OAT3) and two distinct luminal transporters (i.e., MRP2 and MRP4)...
- Molecular Organization or Renal Organic Anion TransportStephen Wright; Fiscal Year: 2009..e., OAT1 and OAT3) and two distinct luminal transporters (i.e., MRP2 and MRP4)...
- ILEAL BILE ACID TRANSPORTER METABOLISM AND REGULATIONPaul A Dawson; Fiscal Year: 2010..findings, the studies in Specific Aim 1 are designed to test the hypothesis that the ABC transporters Mrp3 and Mrp4 are responsible for the residual bile acid transport and serve to protect the ileal epithelium from bile acid-..
- MRP4 IN DRUG SENSITIVITY AND PHYSIOLOGYJohn Schuetz; Fiscal Year: 2009..the last funding period were directed to elucidating the function and molecular regulation of the ABC transporter, Mrp4. The current proposal represents an evolution of this work, based upon recent studies from this laboratory using ..
- MRP4 IN DRUG SENSITIVITY AND PHYSIOLOGYJohn D Schuetz; Fiscal Year: 2010..the last funding period were directed to elucidating the function and molecular regulation of the ABC transporter, Mrp4. The current proposal represents an evolution of this work, based upon recent studies from this laboratory using ..
- Role of Multidrug Resistance Proteins 2 and/or 4, and DMPS and DMSA in the RenalCHRISTY BRIDGES; Fiscal Year: 2007..not express the Mrp2 protein, and Madin-Darby canine kidney (MDCK) cells stably transfected with OAT1 and MRP2 or MRP4. We will first examine the effect of DMPS and DMSA on the handling and disposition of CH3Hg+ and Hg2+ in control ..
- Function of the MRP FamilyGARY KRUH; Fiscal Year: 2006..and others have determined that the first three of the newly identified family members to be examined, MRP3, MRP4 and MRP5, are also drug pumps involved in cellular resistance to anticancer agents...
- ABC Transporters in CNS Penetration of CamptothecinsChristopher Waters; Fiscal Year: 2007..and the CSF is largely controlled by drug efflux transporters, including P-pg, multi-drug resistance protein 4 (MRP4), and the breast cancer resistance protein (BCRP or ABCG2)...
- The Hepatoprotective Role of the Orphan Nuclear Receptor LXRWen Xie; Fiscal Year: 2009..The APAP-detoxifying transporter MRP4 is also likely under the positive control of LXR...
- The Hepatoprotective Role of the Orphan Nuclear Receptor LXRWen Xie; Fiscal Year: 2010..The APAP-detoxifying transporter MRP4 is also likely under the positive control of LXR...
- MRP4 IN DRUG SENSITIVITY AND PHYSIOLOGYJohn Schuetz; Fiscal Year: 2007..This was the case for the ABC transporter Mrp4 that was an orphan ABC transporter until our studies first determined that it was unique in its ability to ..
- MECHANISMS OF BILE SECRETION AND CHOLESTASISJames Boyer; Fiscal Year: 2007..will be sought as well as the effects of cholestasis on the expression of organic cation transporters (Octs) and Mrp4 in liver, kidney and intestine and the ameliorating effects of ursodeoxycholic acid...
- Astrocyte Control of Toxin-Mediated Neuron Death: Role of the Gamma-Glutamyl PathGeorge I Henderson; Fiscal Year: 2010..They will utilize transgenic mice deficient in Mrpl, Mrp4, or GGT...
- Transporter Expression in Response to HepatotoxicantsJose E Manautou; Fiscal Year: 2010..During the current funding cycle we determined that the efflux transporter Mrp4 is the most significantly induced MRP during APAP hepatotoxicity...
- Astrocyte Control of Toxin-Mediated Neuron Death: Role of the Gamma-Glutamyl PathGeorge Henderson; Fiscal Year: 2007..They will utilize transgenic mice deficient in Mrpl, Mrp4, or GGT...
- Role of MRP2 and MRP4 in renal organic anion excretionRYAN PELIS; Fiscal Year: 2007..make use of cloned proteins isolated in model cell systems, and are designed to test the hypothesis that MRP2 and MRP4, both of which are localized to the apical membrane of RPT cells, contribute to the secretion of OAs primarily ..