Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: moesin
Alias: HEL70, epididymis luminal protein 70, membrane-organizing extension spike protein
Publications188 found, 100 shown here
- Moesin is required for HIV-1-induced CD4-CXCR4 interaction, F-actin redistribution, membrane fusion and viral infection in lymphocytesMarta Barrero-Villar
Servicio de Inmunologia, Hospital Universitario de la Princesa, 28006 Madrid, Spain
J Cell Sci 122:103-13. 2009..we have investigated whether HIV-1 Env might promote viral entry and infection by activating ERM (ezrin-radixin-moesin) proteins to regulate F-actin reorganization and CD4/CXCR4 co-clustering...
- ERM (ezrin/radixin/moesin) family: from cytoskeleton to signal transductionS Tsukita
Department of Cell Biology, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University, Yoshida Konoe, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606, Japan
Curr Opin Cell Biol 9:70-5. 1997The ERM family consists of three closely related proteins, ezrin, radixin, and moesin, that are thought to work as cross-linkers between plasma membranes and actin-based cytoskeletons...
- Ezrin has properties to self-associate at the plasma membraneC Andreoli
CNRS URA 1856, Universite Montpellier II, Département Biologie Santé, France
J Cell Sci 107:2509-21. 1994..and the 77 and 72 kDa proteins as gastric forms of proteins structurally related to ezrin, such as radixin and moesin. In insect cells infected with a recombinant baculovirus, one-third of over-expressed ezrin accumulated at the ..
- The ezrin protein family: membrane-cytoskeleton interactions and disease associationsA Vaheri
Haartman Institute, University of Helsinki, Finland
Curr Opin Cell Biol 9:659-66. 1997Ezrin, radixin, moesin and merlin form a subfamily of conserved proteins in the band 4.1 superfamily. Ezrin protein subfamily members act as linkers between the plasma membrane and the cytoskeleton...
- Heterotypic and homotypic associations between ezrin and moesin, two putative membrane-cytoskeletal linking proteinsR Gary
Section of Biochemistry, Molecular and Cell Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 90:10846-50. 1993Ezrin and moesin are components of actin-rich cell surface structures that are thought to function as membrane-cytoskeletal linking proteins...
- Rho-ROCK-dependent ezrin-radixin-moesin phosphorylation regulates Fas-mediated apoptosis in Jurkat cellsMarylise Hebert
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U749, Faculte de Pharmacie, Chatenay Malabry, France
J Immunol 181:5963-73. 2008..It has been shown that ezrin, a member of the ERM (ezrin-radixin-moesin) protein family can link Fas to the actin cytoskeleton...
- Regulation of F-actin binding to platelet moesin in vitro by both phosphorylation of threonine 558 and polyphosphatidylinositidesF Nakamura
Laboratory of Environmental Biochemistry, Department of Environmental Biology, Graduate School of Agricultural Sciences, Tohoku University, Sendai 981 8555, Japan
Mol Biol Cell 10:2669-85. 1999Activation of human platelets with thrombin transiently increases phosphorylation at (558)threonine of moesin as determined with phosphorylation state-specific antibodies...
- Ezrin/radixin/moesin (ERM) proteins bind to a positively charged amino acid cluster in the juxta-membrane cytoplasmic domain of CD44, CD43, and ICAM-2S Yonemura
Department of Cell Biology, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 01, Japan
J Cell Biol 140:885-95. 1998CD44 has been identified as a membrane-binding partner for ezrin/radixin/moesin (ERM) proteins, plasma membrane/actin filament cross-linkers...
- Differential expression of the microspike-associated protein moesin in human tissuesR Schwartz-Albiez
Tumor Immunology Program, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg
Eur J Cell Biol 67:189-98. 1995The protein moesin is a member of a gene family consisting of talin, ezrin, radixin, protein 4.1., and merlin. Proteins of this family are associated to the submenbranous cytoskeleton...
- Ezrin, Radixin, and Moesin (ERM) proteins function as pleiotropic regulators of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 infectionYoshinao Kubo
Department of AIDS Research, Institute of Tropical Medicine, Nagasaki University, Nagasaki, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, Tokyo, Japan
Virology 375:130-40. 2008Ezrin, radixin, and moesin (ERM) proteins supply functional linkage between integral membrane proteins and cytoskeleton in mammalian cells to regulate membrane protein dynamisms and cytoskeleton rearrangement...
- Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV-1) Vpr induced downregulation of NHE1 induces alteration in intracellular pH and loss of ERM complex in target cellsMichelle L Janket
Department of Infectious Diseases and Microbiology, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Virus Res 126:76-85. 2007..downregulation further led to acidification of cells and was directly correlated with loss of ezrin, radixin and moesin (ERM) protein complex and decreased AKT phosphorylation...
- A juxta-membrane amino acid sequence of P-selectin glycoprotein ligand-1 is involved in moesin binding and ezrin/radixin/moesin-directed targeting at the trailing edge of migrating lymphocytesJuan M Serrador
Servicio de Inmunologia, Hospital de la Princesa, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Eur J Immunol 32:1560-6. 2002..Dynamic fluorescence videomicroscopy analyses of migrating lymphocytes demonstrated that PSGL-1 and moesin redistributed towards the cellular uropod at the trailing edge of these cells, where activated ezrin/radixin/..
- Moesin: a member of the protein 4.1-talin-ezrin family of proteinsW T Lankes
Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, CA 94305
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 88:8297-301. 1991b>Moesin (membrane-organizing extension spike protein, pronounced mó ez in) has previously been isolated from bovine uterus and characterized as a possible receptor protein for heparan sulfate...
- Cytoskeletal proteins inside human immunodeficiency virus type 1 virionsD E Ott
AIDS Vaccine Program, National Cancer Institute, Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Maryland 21702 1201, USA
J Virol 70:7734-43. 1996..virions at different concentrations relative to the molar level of Gag: actin (approximately 10 to 15%), ezrin and moesin (approximately 2%), and cofilin (approximately 2 to 10%)...
- Dynamic interaction of VCAM-1 and ICAM-1 with moesin and ezrin in a novel endothelial docking structure for adherent leukocytesOlga Barreiro
Servicio de Inmunologia, Hospital de la Princesa, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, 28006 Madrid, Spain
J Cell Biol 157:1233-45. 2002Ezrin, radixin, and moesin (ERM) regulate cortical morphogenesis and cell adhesion by connecting membrane adhesion receptors to the actin-based cytoskeleton...
- Structure of the ERM protein moesin reveals the FERM domain fold masked by an extended actin binding tail domainM A Pearson
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
Cell 101:259-70. 2000The ezrin-radixin-moesin (ERM) protein family link actin filaments of cell surface structures to the plasma membrane, using a C-terminal F-actin binding segment and an N-terminal FERM domain, a common membrane binding module...
- Protein phosphatase 2C inactivates F-actin binding of human platelet moesinA Hishiya
Department of Environmental Biology, Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Tohoku University, Sendai 981 8555, Japan
J Biol Chem 274:26705-12. 1999..platelets by thrombin phosphorylation of Thr(558) in the C-terminal domain of the membrane-F-actin linking protein moesin increases transiently, and this correlates with protrusion of filopodial structures...
- ITAM-based interaction of ERM proteins with Syk mediates signaling by the leukocyte adhesion receptor PSGL-1Ana Urzainqui
Servicio de Inmunologia, Hospital de la Princesa, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Immunity 17:401-12. 2002..Our work shows that PSGL-1 associates with Syk. This association is mediated by the actin-linking proteins moesin and ezrin, which directly interact with Syk in an ITAM-dependent manner...
- A novel serine-rich motif in the intercellular adhesion molecule 3 is critical for its ezrin/radixin/moesin-directed subcellular targetingJuan M Serrador
Servicio de Inmunologia, Hospital de la Princesa, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Madrid 28006, Spain
J Biol Chem 277:10400-9. 2002..We have investigated the interaction between ICAM-3 and ezrin/radixin/moesin (ERM) proteins and its role in LFA-1-induced cell-cell interactions and membrane positioning of ICAM-3 in ..
- The cytoplasmic tail of L-selectin interacts with members of the Ezrin-Radixin-Moesin (ERM) family of proteins: cell activation-dependent binding of Moesin but not EzrinAleksandar Ivetic
Divisions of Cellular Immunology, National Institute for Medical Research, The Ridgeway, Mill Hill, London NW7 1AA, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 277:2321-9. 2002..By using this approach, members of the Ezrin-Radixin-Moesin family of proteins were found to interact specifically with the cytoplasmic tail of L-selectin...
- Subcellular localization of moesin in dynamic filopodia, retraction fibers, and other structures involved in substrate exploration, attachment, and cell-cell contactsM R Amieva
Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, California 94305, USA
Exp Cell Res 219:180-96. 1995b>Moesin, a member of the talin-4.1 superfamily, is a linking protein of the submembraneous cytoskeleton...
- Moesin interacts with the cytoplasmic region of intercellular adhesion molecule-3 and is redistributed to the uropod of T lymphocytes during cell polarizationJ M Serrador
Servicio de Inmunologia, Hospital de la Princesa, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, 28006 Madrid, Spain
J Cell Biol 138:1409-23. 1997..Immunofluorescence analysis showed that the ERM proteins radixin and moesin localized to the uropod of human T lymphoblasts treated with the chemokine RANTES (regulated on activation, normal ..
- Clinical significance of cellular distribution of moesin in patients with oral squamous cell carcinomaHiroichi Kobayashi
Department of Dentistry and Oral Surgery, Shinshu University School of Medicine, Asahi, Matsumoto, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 10:572-80. 2004b>Moesin is a linking protein of the submembraneous cytoskeleton and plays a key role in the control of cell morphology, adhesion, and motility...
- Moesin-dependent cytoskeleton remodelling is associated with an anaplastic phenotype of pancreatic cancerIvane Abiatari
Department of General Surgery, Technische Universitat Munchen, Ismaningerstrasse 22, 81675 Munich, Germany
J Cell Mol Med 14:1166-79. 2010..motility is controlled by the dynamic cytoskeleton and its related proteins, such as members of the ezrin/radixin/moesin (ERM) family, which act as signalling molecules inducing cytoskeleton remodelling...
- Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-1 proteins and cytoskeleton: partners in viral life and host cell deathP Matarrese
Section of Cell Aging and Degeneration, Department of Drug Research and Evaluation, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena 299, Rome, Italy
Cell Death Differ 12:932-41. 2005..The microfilament system seems thus to be a sort of cytoplasmic supervisor of the viral particle, the host cell and the bystander cell's very fate...
- Mutagenesis of the ezrin-radixin-moesin binding domain of L-selectin tail affects shedding, microvillar positioning, and leukocyte tetheringAleksandar Ivetic
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Royal Free and University College School of Medicine, 91 Riding House Street, London W1W 7BS United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 279:33263-72. 2004..We have previously identified ezrin and moesin as novel binding partners of the 17-amino acid L-selectin tail, but the biological role of this interaction is not ..
- Differential regulation of phagosome maturation in macrophages and dendritic cells mediated by Rho GTPases and ezrin-radixin-moesin (ERM) proteinsLars Peter Erwig
Program in Cell Biology, Department of Pediatrics, National Jewish Medical and Research Center, 1400 Jackson Street, Denver, CO 80206, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:12825-30. 2006..The early maturation was shown to depend on activation of Rho acting through Rho kinase on ezrin-radixin-moesin proteins...
- Ezrin self-association involves binding of an N-terminal domain to a normally masked C-terminal domain that includes the F-actin binding siteR Gary
Section of Biochemistry, Molecular and Cell Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
Mol Biol Cell 6:1061-75. 1995..It is closely related to the microvillar proteins radixin and moesin and to the tumor suppressor merlin/schwannomin...
- Phosphorylation of threonine 558 in the carboxyl-terminal actin-binding domain of moesin by thrombin activation of human plateletsF Nakamura
Department of Pathology, Laboratory of Experimental Oncology, Stanford University School of Medicine, California 94305 5324, USA
J Biol Chem 270:31377-85. 1995The phosphorylation and localization of the membrane-linking protein moesin was analyzed during early activation of platelets with thrombin...
- Moesin: a cell membrane protein linked with susceptibility to measles virus infectionL M Dunster
Institut fur Virologie und Immunbiologie, Wurzburg, Germany
Virology 198:265-74. 1994..microsequencing of this protein revealed its identity with the human membrane-organizing extension spike protein moesin, a protein intra- and extracellularly associated with the plasma membrane of cells...
- Analysis of codeine, dihydrocodeine and their glucuronides in human urine by electrokinetic capillary immunoassays and capillary electrophoresis-ion trap mass spectrometryA B Wey
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Berne, Switzerland
J Chromatogr A 895:133-46. 2000..5) and DHC (m/z 478.5) via their fragmentation to COD and DHC, respectively. MSn (n > or = 2) is shown to be capable of properly identifying the urinary codeinoids on the 100-200 ng/ml concentration level...
- Comparison of phenolic compounds of rhubarbs in the section deserticola with Rheum palmatum by HPLC-DAD-ESI-MSnJian Han
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Planta Med 74:873-9. 2008..These results may be useful for the quality control of rhubarb in order to guarantee its clinical effects, and may also be helpful for the further clarification of the taxonomic relationship of the plants in the sect. deserticola...
- Fast liquid chromatography/multiple-stage mass spectrometry of coccidiostatsAnna Martínez-Villalba
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Unversity of Barcelona, Av Diagonal 647, E 08028 Barcelona, Spain
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 23:1255-63. 2009..Method detection limits ranging from 11 to 71 ng L(-1) and run-to-run values in terms of relative standard deviation (RSD) (up to 12%) were obtained...
- Use of Internet audience measurement data to gauge market share for online health information servicesFred B Wood
Office of Health Information Programs Development, National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20894, USA
J Med Internet Res 7:e31. 2005..A multidimensional evaluative approach is needed...
- Intact polar membrane lipids in prokaryotes and sediments deciphered by high-performance liquid chromatography/electrospray ionization multistage mass spectrometry--new biomarkers for biogeochemistry and microbial ecologyHelen F Sturt
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, Department of Geology and Geophysics, Woods Hole, MA 02543, USA
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 18:617-28. 2004..Additional calditol-based tetraethers imply that the sedimentary archaea are taxonomically linked to the crenarchaeal Sulfolobales...
- Metabolism of acetaminophen (paracetamol) in plants--two independent pathways result in the formation of a glutathione and a glucose conjugateChristian Huber
Department of Microbe Plant Interactions, German Research Center for Health and Environment GmbH, Ingolstadter Landstrasse 1, 85764, Neuherberg, Germany
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 16:206-13. 2009..In this study, we want to investigate the fate and metabolism of N-acetyl-4-aminophenol (paracetamol) in plant tissues using the cell culture of Armoracia rusticana L. as a model system...
- [Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring and left ventricular hypertrophy: correlations and trial of predictive value]P Massabuau
, CHU de Rangueil, Toulouse
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 85:1173-5. 1992..If the predictive value of MSF is low, his specificity is rather high and conversely MSN has a good predictive value for selection of hypertrophic patients...
- Identification of glycoproteins carrying a target glycan-motif by liquid chromatography/multiple-stage mass spectrometry: identification of Lewis x-conjugated glycoproteins in mouse kidneyNoritaka Hashii
Division of Biological Chemistry and Biologicals, National Institute of Health Sciences, 1 18 1 Kamiyouga, Setagaya Ku, Tokyo 158 8501, Japan
J Proteome Res 8:3415-29. 2009..The results indicated that our method could be applicable for the identification and screening of glycoproteins carrying target glycan-motifs, such as Lewis epitopes...
- Rapid identification of C21 steroidal saponins in Cynanchum versicolor Bunge by electrospray ionization multi-stage tandem mass spectrometry and liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometryZhaoguang Zheng
School of Pharmacy, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai 200433, PR China
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 21:279-85. 2007..It is indicated that the described method had wide applicability to rapidly screen and provide structural confirmation on C21 steroidal saponins in crude materials...
- Endocytosis of a single mesoporous silica nanoparticle into a human lung cancer cell observed by differential interference contrast microscopyWei Sun
Ames Laboratory USDOE and Department of Chemistry, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
Anal Bioanal Chem 391:2119-25. 2008..Such accurate 3D particle tracking ability in living cells is essential for studies of selectively targeted drug delivery based on endocytosis...
- [Identification of estazolam, alprazolam and triazolam in human urine by LC/MSn]Jing Kai Gu
Laboratory of Drug Metabolism, College of Life Science, Jilin University, Changchun 130023, China
Yao Xue Xue Bao 37:138-40. 2002..To investigate the fragmentation behavior of triazolobenzodiazepines and to develop a specific, sensitive and rapid LC/MSn assay for simultaneous determination of estazolam, alprazolam and triazolam in human urine...
- Characterization of lipid A acylation patterns in Francisella tularensis, Francisella novicida, and Francisella philomiragia using multiple-stage mass spectrometry and matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization on an intermediate vacuum source linear ionBirgit Schilling
The Buck Institute for Age Research, Novato, California 94945, USA
Anal Chem 79:1034-42. 2007..Overall, we found that MSn analysis on the vMALDI-LIT-MS platform was highly efficient and sensitive, allowing for thorough analysis of very minor lipid A species...
- Standard dose of inhaled albuterol significantly increases QT dispersion compared to low dose of albuterol plus ipratropium bromide therapy in moderate to severe acute asthma attacks in childrenS Coskun
Department of Pediatrics, Celal Bayar, University Medical Faculty, Manisa, Turkey
Pediatr Int 43:631-6. 2001....
- Structural characterization of constituents with molecular diversity in fractions from Lysidice brevicalyx by liquid chromatography/diode-array detection/electrospray ionization tandem mass spectrometry and liquid chromatography/nuclear magnetic resonanceJing Qu
Key Laboratory of Bioactive Substances and Resources Utilization of Chinese Herbal Medicine, Ministry of Education, Institute of Materia Medica, Peking Union Medical College and Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 22:755-65. 2008..The aim is to develop an effective analytical method for on-line structural identification of natural products with molecular diversity in plants, and to guide the rapid and direct isolation of novel compounds by chemical screening...
- Dynamics of synaptic transmission between fast-spiking interneurons and striatal projection neurons of the direct and indirect pathwaysHenrike Planert
Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
J Neurosci 30:3499-507. 2010..Our findings show that the two intrastriatal inhibitory pathways have fundamentally different dynamic properties that are, however, similarly applied to both direct and indirect striatal projections...
- Practice guidelines for videoconferencing-based telemental health - october 2009Peter Yellowlees
1 UC Davis Psychiatry, Sacramento, California
Telemed J E Health 16:1074-89. 2010..White, MA, LCPC [WG] Jill Winters, PhD, RN [SG] Peter Yellowlees, MD [C]...
- Accelerated oxidation of epinephrine by silica nanoparticlesZhimin Tao
Department of Chemistry, Syracuse University, Syracuse, New York 13244, USA
Langmuir 25:10183-8. 2009..It seems, therefore, that large surface area, characteristic mesoporosity, and surface structures aid in the deposit of oxygen radicals inside MSN particles, which catalyze the epinephrine oxidation in a favorable phosphate environment...
- Blink reflex recovery in central and peripherally originated movement disorders of the cranio-cervical area: a comparative studyM Yaman
Department of Neurology, Faculty of Medicine, Afyon Kocatepe University, Afyon, Turkey
Electromyogr Clin Neurophysiol 49:19-25. 2009..In this study the BR recovery curve of the late component (R2) and R2 area was evaluated to determine what changes occur under different conditions and the significance of these changes...
- Structural determination of neutral O-linked oligosaccharide alditols by negative ion LC-electrospray-MSnNiclas G Karlsson
Proteome Systems Ltd, Sydney, Australia
J Am Soc Mass Spectrom 15:659-72. 2004..In essence, negative ion LC-MS(2) was able to generate extensive data for understanding the overall glycosylation pattern of a sample, especially when only a limited amount of material is available...
- [Observation on the central afferent pathway of "Guanyuan" (CV 4) under normal and pathological states and the influence of electroacupuncture]Feng Zhang
Department of Integrative Medicine and Neurobiology, Shanghai Medical College of Fudan University and Institute of Brain Research, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
Zhen Ci Yan Jiu 33:147-53. 2008..To investigate the afferent pathways of "Guanyuan" (CV 4) under normal and pathological states and to observe the effect of electroacupuncture (EA) on them...
- Impact of dendritic spine preservation in medium spiny neurons on dopamine graft efficacy and the expression of dyskinesias in parkinsonian ratsKatherine E Soderstrom
Department of Neurological Sciences, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Eur J Neurosci 31:478-90. 2010..Taken together, these results demonstrate that even with grafting suboptimal numbers of cells, maintaining normal spine density on target MSNs results in overall superior behavioral efficacy of dopamine grafts...
- Confirmation of residues of thyreostatic drugs in thyroid glands by multiple mass spectrometry after thin-layer chromatographic screeningK De Wasch
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Ghent, Department of Veterinary Food Inspection, Merelbeke, Belgium
J Chromatogr A 819:99-111. 1998..The thyreostatic drugs were derivatised with 7-chloro-4-nitrobenzo-2-oxa-1,3-diazole...
- A Drosophila TNF-receptor-associated factor (TRAF) binds the ste20 kinase Misshapen and activates Jun kinaseH Liu
Department of Pharmacology, New York University Medical Center, Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine, 540 First Avenue, New York 10016, USA
Curr Biol 9:101-4. 1999..We have extended some of these observations to the mammalian homolog of Msn, Nck-interacting kinase (NIK), suggesting that TRAFs also play a critical role in regulating Ste20 kinases in mammals...
- Peramine and other fungal alkaloids are exuded in the guttation fluid of endophyte-infected grassesAlbert Koulman
AgResearch Grasslands Research Centre, Forage Biotechnology, Tennent Drive, Private Bag 11008, Palmerston North, New Zealand
Phytochemistry 68:355-60. 2007..In some associations we also detected lolines and ergot peptide alkaloids. This is the first report showing the mobilization of fungal alkaloids into plant fluids by the host plant in grass-endophyte associations...
- Analysis of lignans in Schisandra chinensis and rat plasma by high-performance liquid chromatography diode-array detection, time-of-flight mass spectrometry and quadrupole ion trap mass spectrometryZiyang Lou
School of Pharmacy, Second Military Medical University, and Department of Pharmacy, Eastern Hepatobiliary Surgery Hospital, Shanghai 200433, China
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 23:831-42. 2009..In addition, it can provide help for further pharmacology and action mechanism study of lignans in Schisandra chinensis...
- Ras-guanine nucleotide-releasing factor 1 (Ras-GRF1) controls activation of extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK) signaling in the striatum and long-term behavioral responses to cocaineStefania Fasano
Institute of Experimental Neurology, Division of Neuroscience, San Raffaele Foundation and University, Milano, Italy
Biol Psychiatry 66:758-68. 2009....
- An evaluation of the quality of Turkish community pharmacy web sites concerning HON principlesSelen Yegenoglu
Department of Pharmacy Management, Hacettepe University, Sihhiye, Ankara 06100, Turkey
Telemed J E Health 14:375-80. 2008..7%). Because of the results of our study, the Turkish Pharmacists Association can take a pioneer role to apply some principles such as HON code of conduct in order to increase the quality of Turkish community pharmacists' Web sites...
- Characterization of the interglycosidic linkage in di-, tri-, tetra- and pentaglycosylated flavonoids and differentiation of positional isomers by liquid chromatography/electrospray ionization tandem mass spectrometryF Ferreres
Research Group on Quality, Safety and Bioactivity of Plant Foods, Department of Food Science and Technology, CEBAS CSIC, PO Box 164, E 30100 Espinardo Murcia, Spain
J Mass Spectrom 39:312-21. 2004....
- Identification of tanshinones and their metabolites in rat bile after oral administration of TTE-50, a standardized extract of Salvia miltiorrhiza by HPLC-ESI-DAD-MSnJiang Hao Sun
The State Key Laboratory of Natural and Biomimetic Drugs, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Peking University, Beijing 100083, PR China
J Pharm Biomed Anal 44:564-74. 2007..The established method was valuable for the study of the metabolism of complex system such as herbal extracts or traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) formula...
- Preparative isolation of anthocyanins from Japanese purple sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas L.) varieties by high-speed countercurrent chromatographyElyana Cuevas Montilla
Institute of Food Chemistry, Technische Universitat Braunschweig, Schleinitzstrasse 20, 38106 Braunschweig, Germany
J Agric Food Chem 58:9899-904. 2010..The purity and identity of the so-obtained pigments were confirmed by NMR measurements...
- Hoarseness and misdirected swallowing in patients with hiatal herniaAnna Britta Mjönes
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 264:1437-9. 2007..There is a predisposition for hoarseness and MSL in patients with hiatal hernias, but the cause-and-effect relationship is unclear. Hoarseness does not seem to be caused by pathological GER...
- Profiling and characterization by LC-MSn of the galloylquinic acids of green tea, tara tannin, and tannic acidMichael N Clifford
School of Biomedical and Molecular Sciences, Centre for Nutrition and Food Safety, University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey, United Kingdom
J Agric Food Chem 55:2797-807. 2007..Methanolysis of tara tannin yielded methyl gallate, methyl digallate, and methyl trigallate, demonstrating that some of these galloylquinic acids contained at least one side chain of up to four galloyl residues...
- Characterization of a gel-separated unknown glycoprotein by liquid chromatography/multistage tandem mass spectrometry: analysis of rat brain Thy-1 separated by sodium dodecyl sulfate-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresisSatsuki Itoh
Division of Biological Chemistry and Biologicals, National Institute of Health Science, 1 18 1, Kamiyoga, Setagaya Ku, Tokyo 158 8501, Japan
J Chromatogr A 1094:105-17. 2005..Our method is simple, rapid and useful for the characterization of unknown glycoproteins in a complex mixture of proteins...
- Identification of dimeric anthocyanins and new oligomeric pigments in red wine by means of HPLC-DAD-ESI/MSnCristina Alcalde-Eon
Grupo de Investigación en Polifenoles, Departamento de Quimica Analitica, Nutricion y Bromatologia, Facultad de Farmacia Universidad de Salamanca, Campus Miguel de Unamuno, 37007 Salamanca, Spain
J Mass Spectrom 42:735-48. 2007....
- Dysregulated information processing by medium spiny neurons in striatum of freely behaving mouse models of Huntington's diseaseBenjamin R Miller
Program in Neuroscience, Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences, Indiana University, 1101 East 10th St, Bloomington, IN 47405, USA
J Neurophysiol 100:2205-16. 2008..Dysregulation of this processing scheme, moreover, is a key component of HD pathophysiology regardless of the severity of HD symptoms, genetic construct, and background strain of the mouse models...
- Ginsenosides protect striatal neurons in a cellular model of Huntington's diseaseJun Wu
Department of Physiology, UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
J Neurosci Res 87:1904-12. 2009..From these results we concluded that ginsenosides Rb1, Rc, and Rg5 offer a potential therapeutic choice for the treatment of HD and possibly other neurodegenerative disorders...
- Pronase-immobilized enzyme reactor: an approach for automation in glycoprotein analysis by LC/LC-ESI/MSnCaterina Temporini
Dipartimento di Chimica Farmaceutica, Universita di Pavia, Via Taramelli 12, I 27100 Pavia, Italy
Anal Chem 79:355-63. 2007..The proposed procedure reduces the glycoprotein analysis time from approximately 3 days, as in most of the traditional off-line methods, to approximately 1 h...
- Simultaneous separation and identification of oligomeric procyanidins and anthocyanin-derived pigments in raw red wine by HPLC-UV-ESI-MSnS Pati
Dipartimento di Scienze degli Alimenti, Universita degli Studi di Foggia, Via Napoli, 25 71100 Foggia, Italy
J Mass Spectrom 41:861-71. 2006..In particular, oligomeric structures (from dimers to pentamers), often present with several isomers, were identified and their fragmentation patterns clarified...
- Antagonizing L-type Ca2+ channel reduces development of abnormal involuntary movement in the rat model of L-3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine-induced dyskinesiaStefan Schuster
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH and Company KG, Biberach, Germany
Biol Psychiatry 65:518-26. 2009..This loss of connectivity is triggered by a dysregulation of intraspine Cav1.3 L-type Ca2+ channels. Here we address the possible implication of DA denervation-induced spine pruning in the development of L-DOPA-induced dyskinesia...
- Lipidomic analysis of human meibum using HPLC-MSnIgor A Butovich
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Texas, Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA
Methods Mol Biol 579:221-46. 2009....
- A study of the workforce in emergency medicine: 2007Francis L Counselman
Department Emergency Medicine, Eastern Virginia Medical School and Emergency Physicians of Tidewater, Norfolk, VA 23507, USA
Am J Emerg Med 27:691-700. 2009..This study was undertaken to describe the current status of the emergency medicine workforce in the United States...
- Binding of monoiodinated neuropeptide Y to hippocampal membranes and human neuroblastoma cell linesS P Sheikh
Laboratory of Molecular Endocrinology, University Department of Clinical Chemistry, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Biol Chem 264:6648-54. 1989..It is concluded that monoiodinated radioligands of the tyrosine-rich neuropeptide Y can be prepared and that receptors for these ligands in two apparently different subtypes are found on a series of human neuroblastoma cell lines...
- Characterization of antioxidants and change of antioxidant levels during storage of Manilkara zapota LGuanghou Shui
Food Science and Technology Program, Department of Chemistry, National University of Singapore, 117543, Singapore
J Agric Food Chem 52:7834-41. 2004..The change of the content of major antioxidant peaks was also consistent with changes of antioxidant levels during storage...
- Profiling and characterization by LC-MSn of the chlorogenic acids and hydroxycinnamoylshikimate esters in maté (Ilex paraguariensis)Rakesh Jaiswal
School of Engineering and Science, Chemistry, Jacobs University Bremen, Bremen, Germany
J Agric Food Chem 58:5471-84. 2010....
- A critical evaluation of Web sites offering patient information on tinnitusStephen M Kieran
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Waterford Regional Hospital, Co Waterford, Ireland
Ear Nose Throat J 89:E11-4. 2010..88 +/- 2.39 SD) than those representing commercial interests (4.32 +/- 2.10 SD). Tinnitus information available on the Internet is indeed variable, and care should be taken in recommending tinnitus Web sites to patients...
- Evidence-based practice for telemental healthBrian Grady
1 University of Maryland Psychiatry, Baltimore, Maryland
Telemed J E Health 17:131-48. 2011..White, MA, LCPC [WG] Jill Winters, PhD, RN [SG] Peter Yellowlees, MD [C]...
- Multistage electrospray ionization mass spectrometric analyses of sulfur-containing iridoid glucosides in Paederia scandensYan Zhou
Chengdu Institute of Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Chengdu 610041, Sichuan Province, People s Republic of China
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 21:1375-85. 2007..scandens by on-line LC/ESI-MSn. Major and diagnostic product ions have been identified and their origins are proposed...
- Metabolism of 14C-labelled and non-labelled sulfadiazine after administration to pigsMarc Lamshöft
Institute of Environmental Research INFU, University of Dortmund, Otto Hahn Strasse 6, 44221, Dortmund, Germany
Anal Bioanal Chem 388:1733-45. 2007..5 to 10,000 microg kg(-1) manure with a correlation coefficient>or=0.99. The same experiment was carried out simultaneously with non-labelled SDZ to obtain manure for outdoor soil experiments...
- Seeking health information online: does Wikipedia matter?Michaël R Laurent
Faculty of Medicine, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven MRL, Belgium Department of Molecular Microbiology, Washington University, School of Medicine TJV, St Louis, MO
J Am Med Inform Assoc 16:471-9. 2009..07-0.10). CONCLUSIONS Based on its search engine ranking and page view statistics, the English Wikipedia is a prominent source of online health information compared to the other online health information providers studied...
- Comparison of the profiles of chlorogenic acids and their derivatives from three Chinese traditional herbs by LC-MSnZheng Wang
College of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Hunan Agricultural University, Changsha 410128, China
Yao Xue Xue Bao 43:185-90. 2008..The comparatively unusual profile of caffeoylquinic acids in Houttuynla cordata Thunb. makes it a convenient source of 3-CQA and 4-CQA that are not commercially available...
- Determination of spectinomycin hydrochloride and its related substances by HPLC-ELSD and HPLC-MSnJian Wang
Department of Analytical Chemistry, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing 210009, PR China
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 834:178-82. 2006..The possible structures of impurities C and D in spectinomycin were deduced based on the HPLC-MS(n) data...
- Translation-state analysis of gene expression in mouse brain after focal ischemiaJohn P MacManus
Experimental Stroke Group, Institute for Biological Sciences, National Research Council, Ottawa, ON, Canada
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 24:657-67. 2004..promotion of cell survival or antiinflammatory behavior were noted, such as CD63 (Lamp3), Lcn2 (lipocalin-2), Msn (moesin), and UCP2 (uncoupling protein 2), all of which showed increases in cognate protein by Western blotting...
- Regioselectivity of human UDP-glucuronosyl-transferase 1A1 in the synthesis of flavonoid glucuronides determined by metal complexation and tandem mass spectrometryBarry D Davis
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas 78712, USA
J Am Soc Mass Spectrom 19:246-56. 2008..Moreover, the specific distribution of multiple glucuronide products (7-O, 3'-O, 4'-O) is governed by the subclass of flavonoid...
- Multi-stage mass spectrometric analysis of saponins in glycyrrhiza radixKen Tanaka
Department of Medicinal Resources, Institute of Natural Medicine, University ofToyama, 2630 Sugitani, Toyama 930 0194, Japan
Nat Prod Commun 6:7-10. 2011..Information obtained from the present study can be utilized for structural elucidation of triterpenoid saponins in the Glycyrrhiza radix by LC-MS...
- Quasi-MSn identification of flavanone 7-glycoside isomers in Da Chengqi Tang by high performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometryFengguo Xu
Key Laboratory of Drug Quality Control and Pharmacovigilance Ministry of Education, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing, Jiangsu 210009, PR China
Chin Med 4:15. 2009..CONCLUSION: The present study developed a LC-MS/MS method to explore the inter- and intra-pair difference of two pairs of flavanone 7-glycoside isomers...
- Analysis of Central European Corydalis species by nonaqueous capillary electrophoresis-electrospray ion trap mass spectrometrySonja Sturm
Institute of Pharmacy Pharmacognosy, Center of Molecular Biosciences, Leopold Franzens University Innsbruck, Innrain 52, A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
J Chromatogr A 1159:42-50. 2007..Hierarchical cluster analysis and descriptive statistical methods were used to confirm the findings of the explorative PCA...
- Evaluation of Internet websites about floaters and light flashes in patient educationAndréa Lima Barbosa
Emergency Section, Department of Ophthalmology, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Arq Bras Oftalmol 70:839-43. 2007..Thus, information dissemination is crucial. This study aimed to evaluate the quality of information about floaters and light flashes available for patients on the Internet...
- The Ste20 kinase misshapen regulates both photoreceptor axon targeting and dorsal closure, acting downstream of distinct signalsY C Su
Department of Pharmacology, Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine, New York University Medical Center, New York, NY 10016, USA
Mol Cell Biol 20:4736-44. 2000..The ability of Msn to interact with distinct classes of adapter molecules in dorsal closure and photoreceptor axon pathfinding may provide the flexibility that allows it to link to distinct upstream signaling systems...
- LC-high-resolution multiple stage spectrometric analysis of diuretic compounds Unusual mass fragmentation pathwaysValeria Giancotti
Dipartimento di Chimica Analitica, Universita di Torino, Via P Giuria, 5 10125 Torino, Italy
J Pharm Biomed Anal 48:462-6. 2008..Different ionization modes were studied and a tentative correlation with acidic-base properties was done. Multiple stage high-resolution mass spectra of positive and negative ions were discussed...
- Profiling the chlorogenic acids and other caffeic acid derivatives of herbal chrysanthemum by LC-MSnMichael N Clifford
School of Biomedical and Molecular Sciences, Centre for Nutrition and Food Safety, University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey GU2 7XH, United Kingdom
J Agric Food Chem 55:929-36. 2007..Succinic acid-containing chlorogenic acids and chlorogenic acids based on epi-quinic acid, previously reported in Chrysanthemum spp., were not detected in these samples...
- Effect of surface functionalization of MCM-41-type mesoporous silica nanoparticles on the endocytosis by human cancer cellsIgor Slowing
Department of Chemistry, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011 3111, USA
J Am Chem Soc 128:14792-3. 2006..Confocal fluorescence micrographs showed that the different surface functionalities of MSNs could also affect their ability to escape endosomal entrapment, which is a key factor in designing effective intracellular delivery vehicles...
- Analysis of energy-resolved mass spectra at MSn in a pursuit to characterize structural isomers of oligosaccharidesAyako Kurimoto
Mitsubishi Kagaku Institute of Life Sciences MITILS, 11 Minamiooya, Machida shi, Tokyo 194 8511 Japan
Anal Chem 78:3461-6. 2006..An important finding is that analyses of these descriptors depend on neither the m/z values nor the height factors...
- Studies on the flavones using liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization tandem mass spectrometryWei Wu
Laboratory of New Drug Research and Mass Spectrometry, Changchun Institute of Applied Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Changchun 130022, PR China
J Chromatogr A 1047:213-20. 2004..The HPLC-ESI-MSn method for analyzing constituents in the Scutellaria baicalensis Georgi has been established...
- Separation and characterization of clindamycin and related impurities in bulk drug by high-performance liquid chromatography-electrospray tandem mass spectrometryHui Zhou
Zhejiang University, College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hangzhou 310031, PR China
J Pharm Biomed Anal 41:1116-23. 2006..Additionally, the positive ion mode extracted ion current (EIC) method has been used to separate and identify these lincosamide compounds...
- Manganese-impregnated mesoporous silica nanoparticles for signal enhancement in MRI cell labelling studiesRémy Guillet-Nicolas
Departement de Chimie, Universite Laval, Québec Qc G1V 0A6, Canada
Nanoscale 5:11499-511. 2013..Because these Mn-labelled M48SNs express strong "positive" contrast media properties at low concentrations, they are potentially applicable for cell tracking and drug delivery methodologies...
- Studies on the alkaloids of the bark of Magnolia officinalis: isolation and on-line analysis by HPLC-ESI-MS(n)Renyi Yan
Institute of Chinese Materia Medica, China Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences, Beijing 100700, China
Molecules 18:7739-50. 2013..Plausible fragmentation pathways of the representative compounds 6, 7/8, 11, and 17 were proposed in the present study...
- Dynamic actin remodeling during epithelial-mesenchymal transition depends on increased moesin expressionJennifer Haynes
Department of Cell and Tissue Biology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Mol Biol Cell 22:4750-64. 2011..We show that efficient actin filament remodeling during EMT depends on increased expression of the ezrin/radixin/moesin (ERM) protein moesin...
- Adaptor protein cerebral cavernous malformation 3 (CCM3) mediates phosphorylation of the cytoskeletal proteins ezrin/radixin/moesin by mammalian Ste20-4 to protect cells from oxidative stressMiguel Fidalgo
Department of Physiology and Centro Singular de Medicina Molecular y Enfermedades Crónicas CIMUS, University of Santiago de Compostela, Spain
J Biol Chem 287:11556-65. 2012..in a novel response to oxidative stress that results in phosphorylation and activation of the ezrin/radixin/moesin (ERM) family of proteins...
- Ezrin, radixin, and moesin are phosphorylated in response to 2-methoxyestradiol and modulate endothelial hyperpermeabilityNatalia V Bogatcheva
Vascular Biology Center, Georgia Health Sciences University, Augusta, 30912, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 45:1185-94. 2011..The known PKC substrates ezrin, radixin, and moesin (ERM) were recently implicated in the regulation of endothelial permeability...
- Differential DNA damage response to UV and hydrogen peroxide depending of differentiation stage in a neuroblastoma modelP Ramos-Espinosa
Depto Medicina Genomica Y Toxicologia Ambiental, Instituto de Investigaciones Biomedicas, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, México D F C P 04510, Mexico
Neurotoxicology 33:1086-95. 2012..Our findings suggest the participation of GG-NER, TC-NER and BER proteins in the removal of 8-OHG and CPDs indicating a dynamic role in overall response to damage...
- Characterization and quantification of hydroxycinnamate derivatives in Stevia rebaudiana leaves by LC-MSnHande Karaköse
School of Engineering and Science, Chemistry, Jacobs University Bremen, 28759 Bremen, Germany
J Agric Food Chem 59:10143-50. 2011..These phenolic compounds identified in stevia might affect the organoleptic properties and add additional beneficial health effects to stevia-based products...
- High sensitivity liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry systemROBERT STRAUBINGER; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Function of microRNA-dependent control of protein synthesis in dendritic spine plGerhard Schratt; Fiscal Year: 2009..The obtained results might provide a framework for the investigation of miRNA function in addictive behavior in vivo and a first milestone towards the design of therapeutic strategies that target the miRNA pathway. ..
- Cortical regulation of striatal dendritic spine loss in parkinsonismBONNIE GARCIA; Fiscal Year: 2009..The studies proposed address one potential mechanism involved in poor symptomatic response late to dopamine replacement treatment late in the course of Parkinson's disease and related parkinsonian syndromes. ..
- LTQ-FT MS System for On-line Protein and Glycan AnalysisCatherine Costello; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed instrument system will accelerate progress towards understanding the mechanisms of these diseases and degenerative processes and will thus contribute directly toward improving human health. ..
- PSD-95 in Striatal Neuronal VulnerabilityWei Dong Yao; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- CHEMICAL DIVERSITY LIBRARIES FROM MEDICINAL PLANTS (RMI)Kuo Hsiung Lee; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Lipid Tandem Quadrupole Mass SpectrometerROBERT CARL MURPHY; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will lead to breakthroughs in our understanding of normal physiological as well as pathophysiologic processes. ..
- LTQ Orbitrap tandem mass spectrometerCatherine Fenselau; Fiscal Year: 2007..This commercially available, technologically sophisticated instrument will support meritorious projects on a shared use, highly cost-effective basis, and foster multidisciplinary interaction. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- 5500 QTRAPJohn W Turk; Fiscal Year: 2010..Such information will provide insight into developing new ways to diagnose and treat human diseases and thereby improve human health. ..
- CAMP SIGNALING MECHANISMSJack Erlichman; Fiscal Year: 1999..Achieving the goals of thi proposal will increase our understanding of cAMP-mediated signal transduction in normal and disease states. ..
- Acquiring Mass Spectrometry for the Midwest Proteome CtrMARC GLUCKSMAN; Fiscal Year: 2004..The resulting work has practical application towards diagnosis, prevention, gene product discovery and validation. ..
- Acquisition of an Orbitrap XL ETD Mass Spectrometer through Upgrading an LTQEdward Hawrot; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Acquisition of a high-throughput high mass accuracy MS for chromatin researchMICHAEL FREITAS; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Dendritic Plasticity in Parkinson's DiseaseARIEL DEUTCH; Fiscal Year: 2006..These projects should shed light on the pathophysiology of PD and may lead to development of new strategies aimed at slowing or halting disease progression...
- GRADUATE EDUCATION IN ONCOLOGY NURSING FOR MINORITIESArlene Houldin; Fiscal Year: 2002..The School of Nursing at the University of Pennsylvania is the primary resource to the program along with a variety of clinical settings that provide services to minority patients. ..
- New approaches to sequencing of complex peptides.Pavel A Pevzner; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Basal Ganglia Circuitry and Molecules in Pathogenesis of Motor StereotypyXiangdong William Yang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our study may provide novel molecular and circuitry level neurobiological insights into the pathogenesis and treatment of motor stereotypy in ASDs and related neuropsychiatric disorders. ..
- TNF-ALPHA-MEDIATED APOPTOSIS IN SQUAMOUS CELL CARCINOMACun Yu Wang; Fiscal Year: 2004..Importantly, these studies will help to develop the biological marker for the diagnosis of oral cancer and provide a molecular basis for improving efficacy of cancer therapy by manipulating the apoptotic program of oral cancer cells. ..
- Huntington's Disease and the StriatumMichelle E Ehrlich; Fiscal Year: 2010..Knowledge of striatal-specific transcriptional regulation will also be highly relevant to other diseases of the basal ganglia in which transcriptional dysregulation plays a role. II. ..
- FUNCTION OF THE STE 20 KINASE NIK IN DROSOPHILAEdward Skolnik; Fiscal Year: 2002..NIK minus cell lines will be derived from these mice, and these cell lines will be used to determine which upstream signals are dependent upon NIK to activate the JNK MAP kinase pathway. ..
- Improved Glycoinformatics Tools for the Interpretation of Sequential Mass SpectraDavid Ashline; Fiscal Year: 2009..Research in these and related areas is hindered by the lack of effective glycan sequencing tools and methods (Stephan 73), and will benefit from the software proposed here. ..
- MASS SPECTRAL SEQUENCING OF CARBOHYDRATESVernon Reinhold; Fiscal Year: 2009..elegans. ..