Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MMP17
Description: matrix metallopeptidase 17
Alias: MMP-17, MT4-MMP, MT4MMP, MTMMP4, matrix metalloproteinase-17, MT-MMP 4, matrix metallopeptidase 17 (membrane-inserted), matrix metalloproteinase 17 (membrane-inserted), membrane-type matrix metalloproteinase 4, membrane-type-4 matrix metalloproteinase
- Structural differences of matrix metalloproteinases. Homology modeling and energy minimization of enzyme-substrate complexesG E Terp
Royal Danish School of Pharmacy, Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Biomol Struct Dyn 17:933-46. 2000..Differences in the P1' pocket are well-documented and have been extensively exploited in inhibitor design. The present work indicates that selectivity could be further improved by considering the P2 pocket as well...
- Membrane-type 6 matrix metalloproteinase (MT6-MMP, MMP-25) is the second glycosyl-phosphatidyl inositol (GPI)-anchored MMPS Kojima
Helix Research Institute, Inc, Chiba, Japan
FEBS Lett 480:142-6. 2000..These results strongly indicate that MT6-MMP is a GPI-anchored protein. Since two members of MT-MMPs are now assigned as GPI-anchored proteinase, MT-MMPs can be subgrouped into GPI type and transmembrane type...
- mRNA expression of the five membrane-type matrix metalloproteinases MT1-MT5 in human prostatic cell lines and their down-regulation in human malignant prostatic tissueMonika Jung
Department of Urology, University Hospital Charite, Humboldt University Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Prostate 55:89-98. 2003....
- MT-MMPS as Regulators of Vessel Stability Associated with AngiogenesisNor Eddine Sounni
Laboratory of Tumor and Developmental Biology, Groupe Interdisciplinaire de Génoprotéomique Appliquée Cancer, University of Liege Liège, Belgium
Front Pharmacol 2:111. 2011..This review will shed lights on the emerging roles of MT1-MMP and MT4-MMP in vascular system alterations associated with cancer progression...
- Dynamics of internalization and recycling of the prometastatic membrane type 4 matrix metalloproteinase (MT4-MMP) in breast cancer cellsAlice Truong
Laboratory of Tumor and Development Biology, Groupe Interdisciplinaire de Génoprotéomique Appliquée Cancer GIGA Cancer, University of Liege, Belgium
FEBS J 283:704-22. 2016b>Membrane type 4 matrix metalloproteinase (MT4-MMP) [matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) 17] is a GPI-anchored membrane-type MMP expressed on the cell surface of human breast cancer cells...
- Deficiency of MMP17/MT4-MMP proteolytic activity predisposes to aortic aneurysm in miceMara Martín-Alonso
From the Department of Vascular Biology and Inflammation M M A, A A, N M B, A P, J M R, A G A, Proteomics Unit E C, J V and Bioinformatics Unit F M, Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares Carlos III CNIC, Madrid, Spain Department of Pharmacology Nephrology, Faculty of Medicine, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Madrid, Spain A B G R, M S Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, TX D G, D M Department of Basic Biomedical Sciences, Universidad Europea de Madrid, Villaviciosa de Odón, Madrid, Spain C S C Department of Cell Biology and Neuroscience, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ D T D and Division of Cancer Cell Research, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Minato ku, Tokyo, Japan M S
Circ Res 117:e13-26. 2015..However, as many as 75% of patients with a family history of aortic aneurysms do not have an identified genetic syndrome...
- Histone Methyltransferase hSETD1A Is a Novel Regulator of Metastasis in Breast CancerTal Salz
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, Florida
Mol Cancer Res 13:461-9. 2015..Furthermore, a group of matrix metalloproteinases (including MMP2, MMP9, MMP12, MMP13, and MMP17) were identified which were downregulated upon depletion of hSETD1A and demonstrated a decrease in H3K4me3 at ..
- EGFR activation and signaling in cancer cells are enhanced by the membrane-bound metalloprotease MT4-MMPAlexandra Paye
Laboratory of Tumor and Developmental Biology, Groupe Interdisciplinaire de Génoprotéomique Appliquée Cancer GIGA Cancer, University of Liege, Liege, Belgium
Cancer Res 74:6758-70. 2014..Altogether, our results identify MT4-MMP as a positive modifier of EGFR outside-in signaling that acts to cooperatively drive cancer cell proliferation...
- ADAMTS4 (aggrecanase-1) activation on the cell surface involves C-terminal cleavage by glycosylphosphatidyl inositol-anchored membrane type 4-matrix metalloproteinase and binding of the activated proteinase to chondroitin sulfate and heparan sulfate on syGui Gao
Center For Research in Skeletal Development and Paediatric Orthopaedics, Shriners Hospital for Children, Tampa, Florida 33612 9499, USA
J Biol Chem 279:10042-51. 2004..We conclude that ADAMTS-4 activation in this cell system involves the coordinated activity of both glycosylphosphatidyl inositol-anchored MT4-MMP and the proteoglycan form of syndecan-1 on the cell surface...
- The low density lipoprotein receptor-related protein LRP is regulated by membrane type-1 matrix metalloproteinase (MT1-MMP) proteolysis in malignant cellsDmitri V Rozanov
Cancer Research Center, The Burnham Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 279:4260-8. 2004..These events implicate MT1-MMP, not only in the activation of MMP-2, but also in the mechanisms that control the subsequent fate of MMP-2 in cells and tissues...
- Accelerated intervertebral disc degeneration in scoliosis versus physiological ageing develops against a background of enhanced anabolic gene expressionHelge Bertram
Division of Experimental Orthopaedics, Orthopaedic University Hospital Heidelberg, D 69118 Heidelberg, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 342:963-72. 2006..No differences were evident for catabolic molecules like MMP3, MMP13, MMP17, and TIMP1...
- Sensitivity of human cord blood cells to tetrachloroethylene: cellular and molecular endpointsCristina Diodovich
Laboratory of Hematotoxicology, ECVAM, Institute for Health and Consumer Protection, J R C, 21020 Ispra, Italy
Arch Toxicol 79:508-14. 2005..the mitogen-activated protein kinase 14 (MPK 14), or in tumor and metastasis progression as with the matrix metalloproteinase 17 (MMP 17), in cell proliferation as with c-jun and c-fos, and moreover in the apoptotic process as with ..
- Membrane-type 4 matrix metalloproteinase promotes breast cancer growth and metastasesVincent Chabottaux
Laboratory of Tumor and Development Biology, Centre de Recherche en cancérologie Expérimentale, Center for Biomedical Integrative Genoproteomics, University of Liege, Belgium
Cancer Res 66:5165-72. 2006..t. blood vessels, and is associated with increased lung metastases. These results identify MT4-MMP as a new putative target to design anticancer strategies...
- Expression profiling of metalloproteinases and their inhibitors in synovium and cartilageRose K Davidson
School of Biological Sciences, University of East Anglia, Norwich NR4 7TJ, UK
Arthritis Res Ther 8:R124. 2006..For MMP9, MMP10, MMP12, MMP17, MMP23, MMP28, ADAMTS4, and ADAMTS9, there is a significant correlation between expression levels in the synovium ..
- Involvement of membrane-type matrix metalloproteinases (MT-MMPs) in capillary tube formation by human endometrial microvascular endothelial cells: role of MT3-MMPMargreet Plaisier
Department of Biomedical Research, Gaubius Laboratory TNO Prevention and Health, Zernikedreef 9, 2333 CK Leiden, The Netherlands
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:5828-36. 2004..Thus, in contrast to tube formation by hFMVECs, which largely depends on MT1-MMP, capillary-like tube formation by hEMVECs is, at least in part, regulated by MT3-MMP...
- Gene responsible for mitochondrial myopathy and sideroblastic anemia (MSA) maps to chromosome 12q24.33Kari Casas
Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Ahmanson Department of Pediatrics, Steven Spielberg Pediatric Research Center, Medical Genetics Birth Defects Center, 8700 Beverly Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Am J Med Genet A 127:44-9. 2004..2 mb region of chromosome 12q24.33. This region contains 6 well described genes (SFRS8, MMP17, ULK1, PUS1, EP400, and GALNT9) and at least 15 additional putative transcripts...
- Amoeboid shape change and contact guidance: T-lymphocyte crawling through fibrillar collagen is independent of matrix remodeling by MMPs and other proteasesKatarina Wolf
Department of Dermatology, University of Wurzburg, Josef Schneider Str 2, 97080 Wuerzburg, Germany
Blood 102:3262-9. 2003..Together, amoeboid shape change and contact guidance provide constitutive protease-independent mechanisms for leukocyte trafficking through interstitial tissues that are insensitive toward pharmacologic protease inhibitors...
- Overexpression of the thrombospondin 2 (TSP2) gene modulated by the matrix metalloproteinase family expression and production in human colon carcinoma cell lineJunichiro Kamochi
Department of Pathology, Tokai University School of Medicine, Bohseidai, Isehara, Kanagawa 259 1143, Japan
Oncol Rep 10:881-4. 2003..Conversely, the SW480 transformants showed up-regulation of MMP12 and MMP17. These results suggested that the TSP2 gene is a multifunctional modulator of remodeling tissue in which matrix ..
- Genome-wide association analysis identifies susceptibility loci for migraine without auraTobias Freilinger
Institute for Stroke and Dementia Research, Klinikum der Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Nat Genet 44:777-82. 2012..This study identifies the first susceptibility loci for migraine without aura, thereby expanding our knowledge of this debilitating neurological disorder...
- Restoration of caveolin-1 expression suppresses growth, membrane-type-4 metalloproteinase expression and metastasis-associated activities in colon cancer cellsLili Nimri
The Robert H Smith Faculty of Agriculture, Food and Environment, School of Nutritional Sciences, Institute of Biochemistry, Food Science and Nutrition, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Rehovot, Israel
Mol Carcinog 52:859-70. 2013..We conclude that cav-1 orchestrates and reorganize several proteins in lipid rafts, activities directly associated with reduced tumorigenic and metastatic ability of colon cancer cells...
- The proteolytic activity of MT4-MMP is required for its pro-angiogenic and pro-metastatic promoting effectsLorin Host
Laboratory of Tumor and Developmental Biology, Groupe Interdisciplinaire de Génoprotéomique Appliquée Cancer, GIGA Cancer, University of Liege, Liege, Belgium
Int J Cancer 131:1537-48. 2012..It identifies MT4-MMP as a key intrinsic tumor cell determinant that contributes to the elaboration of a permissive microenvironment for metastatic dissemination...
- Isolation and characterization of a new bacteriophage MMP17 from MeiothermusLianbing Lin
Biotechnology Research Center, Kunming University of Science and Technology, Bailongsi, Kunming 650224, Yunnan, China
Extremophiles 15:253-8. 2011..In this work, a new thermophilic bacteriophage named MMP17 (Meiothermus Myoviridae phage 17) was isolated from a Meiothermus strain and was further characterized...
- Analysis of ADAMTS4 and MT4-MMP indicates that both are involved in aggrecanolysis in interleukin-1-treated bovine cartilageP Patwari
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Department of Electrical Engineering, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 13:269-77. 2005....
- Characterization of the dimerization interface of membrane type 4 (MT4)-matrix metalloproteinaseAnjum Sohail
Department of Pathology and the Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
J Biol Chem 286:33178-89. 2011MT4-MMP (MMP17) belongs to a unique subset of membrane type-matrix metalloproteinases that are anchored to the cell surface via a glycosylphosphatidylinositol moiety. However, little is known about its biochemical properties...
- Differential expression of extracellular matrix and adhesion molecule genes in the brain of juvenile versus adult mice in responses to intracerebroventricular administration of IL-1San Ching
Department of Oral Biology, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, USA
Neuroimmunomodulation 14:46-56. 2007..This study compares the differential gene expression patterns of extracellular matrix and adhesion molecules in the brain of juvenile and adult mice...
- Membrane-type 4 matrix metalloproteinase (MT4-MMP) modulates water homeostasis in miceManakan B Srichai
Department of Medicine, Veterans Administration Hospital, Nashville, Tennessee, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e17099. 2011..Thus, our results show that although MT4-MMP is expressed in the kidney, this metalloproteinase does not play a major role in renal development or function; however it does appear to modify the neural stimuli that modulate thirst...
- Membrane-type 4 matrix metalloproteinase (MT4-MMP) induces lung metastasis by alteration of primary breast tumour vascular architectureVincent Chabottaux
Laboratory of Tumor and Developmental Biology, Groupe Interdisciplinaire de Génoprotéomique Appliquée Cancer, University of Liege, Tour de Pathologie, Liege, Belgium
J Cell Mol Med 13:4002-13. 2009..On this basis, we propose that MT4-MMP promotes lung metastasis by disturbing the tumour vessel integrity and thereby facilitating tumour cell intravasation...
- Establishment of an MT4-MMP-deficient mouse strain representing an efficient tracking system for MT4-MMP/MMP-17 expression in vivo using beta-galactosidaseAkiko Rikimaru
Division of Cancer Cell Research, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Minato ku, Tokyo, 108 8639, Japan
Genes Cells 12:1091-100. 2007..Thus, we have established a mutant mouse strain for analyzing the physiological functions of MT4-MMP, which also serves as a sensitive system for monitoring and tracking the expression of MT4-MMP in vivo...
- Matrix metalloproteinase 17 is necessary for cartilage aggrecan degradation in an inflammatory environmentKristen M Clements
AstraZeneca R and D Charnwood, RIRA Bioscience Building 21, Bakewell Road, Loughborough, Leicestershire LE11 5RH, UK
Ann Rheum Dis 70:683-9. 2011..Recently, matrix metalloproteinase 17 (MMP17, also known as MT4-MMP) has been implicated in the activation of one of the key aggrecanases: ..
- Regulation of membrane-type 4 matrix metalloproteinase by SLUG contributes to hypoxia-mediated metastasisChi Hung Huang
Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Neoplasia 11:1371-82. 2009..These findings establish a novel signaling pathway for hypoxia-mediated metastasis and elucidate the underlying regulatory mechanism and functional significance of MT4-MMP in cancer metastasis...
- MT4-(MMP17) and MT6-MMP (MMP25), A unique set of membrane-anchored matrix metalloproteinases: properties and expression in cancerAnjum Sohail
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, and Proteases and Cancer Program, Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Cancer Metastasis Rev 27:289-302. 2008..Finally, we comment on the new scientific challenges that lie ahead to better understand the function and role in cancer of these intriguing but yet unique MMPs...
- A human breast cell model of preinvasive to invasive transitionAylin Rizki
Life Sciences Division, Ernest Orlando Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Cancer Res 68:1378-87. 2008..In addition, expression of matrix metalloproteinases MMP9, MMP13, MMP15, and MMP17 was up-regulated in the invasive cells...
- Epidermal growth factor receptor activation protects gastric epithelial cells from Helicobacter pylori-induced apoptosisFang Yan
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 0696, USA
Gastroenterology 136:1297-1307, e1-3. 2009..Because EGFR signaling regulates cell survival, we investigated whether activation of EGFR following H pylori infection promotes gastric epithelial survival...
- Matrix metalloproteinase proteolysis of the myelin basic protein isoforms is a source of immunogenic peptides in autoimmune multiple sclerosisSergey A Shiryaev
Inflammatory and Infectious Disease Center, Burnham Institute for Medical Research, La Jolla, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e4952. 2009..The splice variants of the single MBP gene (Golli-MBP BG21 and J37) are widely expressed in the neurons and also in the immune cells. The relative contribution of the individual MMPs to the MBP cleavage is not known...
- Messenger ribonucleic acid expression of 16 matrix metalloproteinases in bone-implant interface tissues of loose artificial hip jointsI Takei
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Yamagata University School of Medicine, 2 2 2 Iida nishi, Yamagata 990 9585, Japan
J Biomed Mater Res 52:613-20. 2000..Thus, many MMP type enzymes possibly contribute to prosthetic loosening and osteolysis through pathologic extracellular matrix degradation and connective tissue/bone remodeling around prostheses...
- Isolation of a mouse MT2-MMP gene from a lung cDNA library and identification of its productM Tanaka
Department of Molecular Virology and Oncology, Cancer Research Institute, Kanazawa University, Takara machi, Ishikawa, Japan
FEBS Lett 402:219-22. 1997..A monoclonal antibody raised against a synthetic peptide recognized mouse MT2-MMP as a 70 kDa protein. Like MT1- and MT3-MMPs, mouse MT2-MMP caused activation of progelatinase A upon co-transfection into COS-1 cells...
- Expression and tissue localization of membrane-types 1, 2, and 3 matrix metalloproteinases in human invasive breast carcinomasH Ueno
Department of Molecular Immunology, School of Medicine, Kanazawa University, Ishikawa, Japan
Cancer Res 57:2055-60. 1997..These results suggest that MT1-MMP may play a key role in human breast carcinoma invasion and metastasis by being predominantly responsible for activation of proMMP-2...
- Localization of the human membrane type 4-matrix metalloproteinase gene (MMP17) to chromosome 12q24X S Puente
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Oviedo, Oviedo, 33006, Spain
Genomics 54:578-9. 1998
- Human membrane type-4 matrix metalloproteinase (MT4-MMP) is encoded by a novel major transcript: isolation of complementary DNA clones for human and mouse mt4-mmp transcriptsM Kajita
Department of Cancer Cell Research, Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, 4 6 1, Shirokanedai, Minato ku, Tokyo, Japan
FEBS Lett 457:353-6. 1999..and failed to express protein, and the other is the major transcript that has an extended open reading frame and expressed 67 and 71 kDa translation products. Thus, functional mt4-mmp has been identified for the first time...
- Biochemical characterization of the catalytic domain of membrane-type 4 matrix metalloproteinaseH Kolkenbrock
Deutsches Rheumaforschungszentrum Berlin, Germany
Biol Chem 380:1103-8. 1999A C-terminal truncated form of membrane-type 4 matrix metalloproteinase (MT4-MMP; MMP 17), lacking the hemopexin-like and transmembrane domain, was expressed in Escherichia coli...
- Catalytic activities and substrate specificity of the human membrane type 4 matrix metalloproteinase catalytic domainY Wang
Department of Biochemistry, Parke Davis Pharmaceutical Research Division, Warner Lambert Company, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105, USA
J Biol Chem 274:33043-9. 1999..MT4-MMP is, therefore, a competent Zn(2+)-dependent MMP with unique specificity among synthetic substrates and the capability to both degrade gelatin and activate progelatinase A...
- Membrane type 4 matrix metalloproteinase (MT4-MMP, MMP-17) is a glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchored proteinaseY Itoh
Department of Cancer Cell Research, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shirokanedai, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
J Biol Chem 274:34260-6. 1999..GPI anchoring of MT4-MMP on the cell surface indicates a unique biological function and character for this proteinase...
- Leukolysin/MMP25/MT6-MMP: a novel matrix metalloproteinase specifically expressed in the leukocyte lineageD Pei
Department of Pharmacology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55455, USA
Cell Res 9:291-303. 1999..Taken together, leukolysin may be part of the proteolytic arsenal deployed by leukocytes during inflammatory responses. Molecular cloning of a novel MMP: MMP:25..
- Assignment of the genes for membrane-type-4 matrix metalloproteinase (Mmp17, MMP17) to mouse chromosome 5, human chromosome band 12q24.3 and membrane-type-5 matrix metalloproteinase (Mmp24, MMP24) to mouse chromosome 2 and human chromosome band 20q11.2-->H Kinoh
Department of Cancer Cell Research, Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, Japan
Cytogenet Cell Genet 87:97-8. 1999
- Membrane type 4 matrix metalloproteinase (MMP17) has tumor necrosis factor-alpha convertase activity but does not activate pro-MMP2W R English
School of Biological Sciences, University of East Anglia, University Plain, Norwich, Norfolk NR4 7TJ, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 275:14046-55. 2000b>Membrane type 4 matrix metalloproteinase (MT4-MMP) shows the least sequence homology to the other MT-MMPs, suggesting a distinct function for this protein...
- MT1-MMP hemopexin domain exchange with MT4-MMP blocks enzyme maturation and trafficking to the plasma membrane in MCF7 cellsSusan J Atkinson
Department of Oncology, Cambridge University, Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2XY, UK
Biochem J 398:15-22. 2006....
- Catalytic activities of membrane-type 6 matrix metalloproteinase (MMP25)W R English
School of Biological Sciences, University of East Anglia, Norwich NR4 7TJ, UK
FEBS Lett 491:137-42. 2001..Our findings suggest that MT6-MMP could play a role in cellular migration and invasion of the extracellular matrix and basement membranes and its activity may be tightly regulated by all members of the TIMP family...
- Matrix-dependent proteolysis of surface transglutaminase by membrane-type metalloproteinase regulates cancer cell adhesion and locomotionA M Belkin
Departments of Biochemistry and Immunology, The Holland Laboratory, American Red Cross, Rockville, Maryland 20855, USA
J Biol Chem 276:18415-22. 2001..Proteolysis of adhesion proteins colocalized with MT-MMPs at discrete regions on the surface of migrating tumor cells might be controlled by composition of the surrounding ECM...
- Matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) regulate fibrin-invasive activity via MT1-MMP-dependent and -independent processesKevin B Hotary
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Exp Med 195:295-308. 2002..Given the widespread distribution of MT1-, 2-, and 3-MMP in normal and neoplastic cells, these data identify a subset of membrane-anchored MMPs that operate in an autonomous fashion to drive fibrin-invasive activity...
- Screening of novel matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) in human fetal membranesStephen J Fortunato
The Perinatal Research Center of The Women s Health Research and Education Foundation, Nashville, Tennessee 37203, USA
J Assist Reprod Genet 19:483-6. 2002..The objective of this study is to document the expression pattern of most of the MMPs cloned and sequenced so far in amniochorion during preterm premature rupture of membranes (pPROM), at term not in labor and during term labor...
- Expression of membrane type-4 matrix metalloproteinase (metalloproteinase-17) by human eosinophilsMarie Christine Gauthier
Institut Universitaire de Cardiologie et de Pneumologie de l Universite Laval, Que, G1V 4G5, Sainte Foy, Canada
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 35:1667-73. 2003..Consequently, MT4-MMP may be directly involved in the degradation of extracellular matrix components and/or modulate the activity of other proteins implicated in eosinophil migration and tissue remodeling...
- Gene expression analysis of the late embryonic mouse cerebral cortex using DNA microarray: identification of several region- and layer-specific genesNobuo Funatsu
Department of Cellular Biology, National Institute of Neuroscience, NCNP, 4 1 1 Ogawahigashi Kodaira, Tokyo 187 8502, Japan
Cereb Cortex 14:1031-44. 2004..Our results provide new information about a subclass of regionally expressed genes in the cortical plate at the late embryonic stage, which may help understand the molecular mechanisms of neocortical arealization...
- Molecular cloning of a novel membrane-type matrix metalloproteinase from a human breast carcinomaX S Puente
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Medicine, University of Oviedo, Spain
Cancer Res 56:944-9. 1996..On the basis of these expression data in breast tumors, a potential role for human MT4-MMP in the tumoral process is also suggested...
- Expression pattern of four membrane-type matrix metalloproteinases in the normal and diseased mouse mammary glandLudmila Szabova
Craniofacial and Skeletal Diseases Branch, Matrix Metalloproteinase Unit, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Cell Physiol 205:123-32. 2005..Our results suggest that MT1-MMP, MT2-MMP, and MT3-MMP may be involved in remodeling of both the normal and diseased mammary gland either directly or indirectly by activation of other MMPs...