Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MMP10
Description: matrix metallopeptidase 10
Alias: SL-2, STMY2, stromelysin-2, MMP-10, matrix metalloprotease 10, matrix metalloproteinase 10 (stromelysin 2), matrix metalloproteinase-10, transin 2
Publications183 found, 100 shown here
- Stromelysin-1 (MMP-3) and stromelysin-2 (MMP-10) expression in developing human bone: potential roles in skeletal developmentS Bord
Department of Medicine University of Cambridge School of Clinical Medicine, Addenbrooke s Hospital, UK
Bone 23:7-12. 1998..In situ zymography demonstrates that SL-2 is produced in an active form with associated degradation, whereas SL-1, in a matrix-bound proenzyme form, may act as a reservoir for later activation...
- Cloning of the genes for human stromelysin and stromelysin 2: differential expression in rheumatoid synovial fibroblastsK L Sirum
Department of Biochemistry, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire 03756
Biochemistry 28:8691-8. 1989..synovial cell cDNA library, and we used the cDNA to isolate the gene for human stromelysin and a related gene, stromelysin 2. We sequenced parts of the genes and found that both are contained on approximately 14 kilobase pairs of DNA...
- Cell type-specific regulation of SL-1 and SL-2 genes. Induction of the SL-2 gene but not the SL-1 gene by human keratinocytes in response to cytokines and phorbolestersL J Windsor
Department of Oral Biology, University of Alabama School of Dentistry, Birmingham
J Biol Chem 268:17341-7. 1993..SL-2 shared with (human fibroblast) SL-1 the ability to cleave casein, to "superactivate" fibroblast type procollagenase, and to form apparently binary, SDS-resistant complexes with tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-1...
- cDNA cloning and expression of the gene encoding murine stromelysin-2 (MMP-10)M Madlener
Max Plank Institue für Biochemie, Martinsried, Germany
Gene 202:75-81. 1997..Recombinant forms of murine stromelysin-1 and -2 produced in transfected COS cells were secreted and could be induced to undergo autocatalytic processing by addition of the organomercurial salt 4-aminophenylmercuric acetate (APMA)...
- Activation of the precursor of human stromelysin 2 and its interactions with other matrix metalloproteinasesH Nakamura
Department of Molecular Immunology and Pathology, Cancer Research Institute, Kanazawa University, Japan
Eur J Biochem 253:67-75. 1998..In the present study, we have examined the intermolecular activation mechanisms of proMMP by MMP-10 (stromelysin 2)...
- Activities of the matrix metalloproteinase stromelysin-2 (MMP-10) in matrix degradation and keratinocyte organization in wounded skinMonika Krampert
Department of Biology, Institute of Cell Biology, Eidgenössishe Technische Hochschule Zurich, 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
Mol Biol Cell 15:5242-54. 2004..These results suggest that a tightly regulated expression level of stromelysin-2 is required for limited matrix degradation at the wound site, thereby controlling keratinocyte migration...
- Systematic search for gastric cancer-specific genes based on SAGE data: melanoma inhibitory activity and matrix metalloproteinase-10 are novel prognostic factors in patients with gastric cancerP P Aung
Department of Molecular Pathology, Hiroshima University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima, Japan
Oncogene 25:2546-57. 2006..As expression of MIA and MMP-10 is narrowly restricted in cancer, these two molecules may be good therapeutic targets for GC...
- Expression of MMP-10 in lung cancerXiaoying Zhang
Comprehensive Laboratory, The Third Affiliated Hospital, Suzhou University, Changzhou 213003, China
Anticancer Res 27:2791-5. 2007..MMP-10 is one of the most important and well-characterized members of the MMP family. In the present study, we examined MMP-10 mRNA and protein levels in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-10 is a critical effector of protein kinase Ciota-Par6alpha-mediated lung cancerL A Frederick
Department of Cancer Biology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
Oncogene 27:4841-53. 2008..Our data define a PKCiota-Par6alpha-Rac1 signaling axis that drives anchorage-independent growth and invasion of NSCLC cells through induction of MMP-10 expression...
- Matrix metalloproteinases (MMP) 1 and MMP10 but not MMP12 are potential oral cancer markersChing Yu Yen
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Chi Mei Medical Center, Tainan, Taiwan
Biomarkers 14:244-9. 2009The aim of this study was to investigate the mRNA performance of matrix metalloproteinases (MMP) 1, MMP10 and MMP12 as oral cancer markers...
- Transcriptional induction of MMP-10 by TGF-beta, mediated by activation of MEF2A and downregulation of class IIa HDACsF Ishikawa
Department of Cancer Cell Biology, Showa University School of Pharmacy, Tokyo, Japan
Oncogene 29:909-19. 2010....
- Matrix metalloproteinase-10 promotes Kras-mediated bronchio-alveolar stem cell expansion and lung cancer formationRoderick P Regala
Department of Cancer Biology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Jacksonville, Florida, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e26439. 2011b>Matrix metalloproteinase 10 (MMP-10; stromelysin 2) is a member of a large family of structurally related matrix metalloproteinases, many of which have been implicated in tumor progression, invasion and metastasis...
- Overexpression of matrix metalloproteinase 10 is associated with poor survival in patients with early stage of esophageal squamous cell carcinomaH Liu
State Key Laboratory of Oncology in Southern China, Cancer Center, Sun Yat Sen University, China
Dis Esophagus 25:656-63. 2012Matrix metallopeptidase 10 (MMP10) is frequently expressed and correlates closely with metastasis and poor prognosis in various human cancers...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-10 (MMP-10) interaction with tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases TIMP-1 and TIMP-2: binding studies and crystal structureJyotica Batra
Department of Cancer Biology, Mayo Clinic Comprehensive Cancer Center, Jacksonville, Florida 32224, USA
J Biol Chem 287:15935-46. 2012b>Matrix metalloproteinase 10 (MMP-10, stromelysin-2) is a secreted metalloproteinase with functions in skeletal development, wound healing, and vascular remodeling; its overexpression is also implicated in lung tumorigenesis and tumor ..
- Matrix metalloproteinase 10 promotion of collagenolysis via procollagenase activation: implications for cartilage degradation in arthritisH E Barksby
School of Clinical Medical Sciences, University of Newcastle, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Arthritis Rheum 54:3244-53. 2006We have previously reported the up-regulation of matrix metalloproteinase 10 (MMP-10) following treatment with the procatabolic stimulus of interleukin-1 (IL-1) and oncostatin M (OSM) in chondrocytes...
- Role of zinc-binding- and hemopexin domain-encoded sequences in the substrate specificity of collagenase and stromelysin-2 as revealed by chimeric proteinsR Sanchez-Lopez
Laboratoire de Génétique Moléculaire des Eucaryotes du Centre de la Recherche Scientifique, Unité 184 Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale, Strasbourg, France
J Biol Chem 268:7238-47. 1993..Rather, the zinc-binding domain confers a distinct cleavage specificity on each metalloproteinase...
- Differential expression of matrix metalloproteinases in bacterial meningitisB C Kieseier
Department of Neurology, Karl Franzens Universität, Graz, Austria, Department of Neurology, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat, Munchen, Germany
Brain 122:1579-87. 1999..Our data indicate that gelatinase B, collagenase-3 and stromelysin-1 are selectively upregulated in bacterial meningitis and thus may contribute to the pathogenesis of this infectious disease of the central nervous system...
- Alterations in gene expression induced by cyclic mechanical stress in trabecular meshwork cellsCoralia Luna
Department of Ophthalmology, Duke University, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Mol Vis 15:534-44. 2009..To investigate the changes in gene expression induced by cyclic mechanical stress (CMS) in trabecular meshwork (TM) cells...
- Parallel expression of macrophage metalloelastase (MMP-12) in duodenal and skin lesions of patients with dermatitis herpetiformisM T Salmela
Department of Dermatology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Gut 48:496-502. 2001..Matrix degradation mediated by collagenase 1 (MMP-1) and stromelysin 1 (MMP-3) has previously been implicated in the pathobiology of coeliac intestine and cutaneous DH blisters...
- Gingival transcriptome patterns during induction and resolution of experimental gingivitis in humansSteven Offenbacher
Department of Periodontology, School of Dentistry, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27709, USA
J Periodontol 80:1963-82. 2009..To our knowledge, changes in the patterns of whole-transcriptome gene expression that occur during the induction and resolution of experimental gingivitis in humans were not previously explored using bioinformatic tools...
- Patterns of matrix metalloproteinase and TIMP expression in chronic ulcersU K Saarialho-Kere
Department of Dermatology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Finland
Arch Dermatol Res 290:S47-54. 1998..Analogous to chronic cutaneous wounds, MMP-1 and -3 are abundantly expressed in chronic small and large bowel ulcers, while the migrating surface epithelium is negative for TIMP-1 expression...
- Molecular cloning and characterization of v-mos-activated transformation-associated proteinsJ C Chan
Department of Tumor Biology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030 4009
J Biol Chem 267:1099-103. 1992..Therefore, within v-mos transformed 6m2 cells, the absence of transformation-associated protein (metalloproteinase) synthesis at the nonpermissive temperature was due to the absence of transcription of two rat transin genes...
- Modulatory effect of interleukin-1α on expression of structural matrix proteins, MMPs and TIMPs in human cardiac myofibroblasts: role of p38 MAP kinaseNeil A Turner
Division of Cardiovascular and Neuronal Remodelling, Leeds Institute of Genetics, Health and Therapeutics LIGHT, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK
Matrix Biol 29:613-20. 2010..In summary, IL-1α induces a distinct pattern of ECM protein and protease expression in human CMF, in part regulated by distinct p38 MAPK subtypes, affirming the key role of IL-1α and CMF in post-infarction cardiac remodeling...
- Temporal expression of tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases in mouse reproductive tissues during gestationP Waterhouse
Department of Biochemistry, University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
Mol Reprod Dev 35:219-26. 1993..abstract truncated at 250 words)..
- Characterization of the paracrine effects of human skeletal myoblasts transplanted in infarcted myocardiumMaitane Perez-Ilzarbe
Hematology, Cardiology and Cell Therapy, Clínica Universitaria and Division of Cancer, Foundation for Applied Medical Research, Division of Cancer, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Eur J Heart Fail 10:1065-72. 2008....
- The order and orientation of a cluster of metalloproteinase genes, stromelysin 2, collagenase, and stromelysin, together with D11S385, on chromosome 11q22-q23C J Formstone
Department of Cancer Studies, Medical School, University of Birmingham, United Kingdom
Genomics 16:289-91. 1993A cluster of metalloproteinase genes, stromelysin, fibroblast collagenase, and stromelysin 2 together with the anonymous DNA marker D11S385, was mapped using pulsed-field gel electrophoresis to a 135-kb region of chromosome 11q22-q23...
- Extracellular matrix expression of human prolapsed vaginal wallElizabeth Mosier
Department of Urology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, Texas 75390 9110, USA
Neurourol Urodyn 29:582-6. 2010..We hypothesized that the weakening of the tissue leading to prolapse was due to decreased collagen production from a downregulation at the transcriptional level...
- Pulmonary vascular destabilization in the premetastatic phase facilitates lung metastasisYujie Huang
Cancer Biology Laboratory and Beijing Key Laboratory of Protein Therapeutics, Department of Biological Sciences and Biotechnology and National Engineering Laboratory for Anti tumor Protein Therapeutics, Tsinghua University, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Cancer Res 69:7529-37. 2009..Here, we report that, in the premetastatic stage, angiopoietin 2 (Angpt2), matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) 3, and MMP10 are up-regulated in the lung by primary B16/F10 tumor, which leads to the increased permeability of pulmonary ..
- Expression of interstitial collagenase during skeletal development of the mouse is restricted to osteoblast-like cells and hypertrophic chondrocytesS Gack
Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe, Institut fur Genetik, Germany
Cell Growth Differ 6:759-67. 1995....
- Gene identification by cDNA arrays in HPV-positive cervical cancerGuelaguetza Vazquez-Ortiz
Oncogenomics Laboratory, Oncological Diseases Research Unit, Oncology Hospital, 21st Century National Medical Center, Mexico City, Mexico
Arch Med Res 36:448-58. 2005..Our aim was to identify novel cellular genes that could potentially act as predictive molecular markers for human cervical cancer by means of cDNA arrays...
- Individual matrix metalloproteinases control distinct transcriptional responses in airway epithelial cells infected with Pseudomonas aeruginosaSean Y Kassim
Center for Lung Biology, University of Washington, 815 Mercer Street, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Infect Immun 75:5640-50. 2007..aeruginosa-infected organotypic tracheal epithelial cell cultures from wild-type, Mmp7-/-, and Mmp10-/- mice identified 2,091 matrilysin-dependent and 1,628 stromelysin-2-dependent genes that were differentially ..
- Metalloproteinases and atherothrombosis: MMP-10 mediates vascular remodeling promoted by inflammatory stimuliJose A Rodriguez
Atherosclerosis Research Laboratory, Division of Cardiovascular Sciences CIMA University of Navarra Avda Pio XII 55, 31008 Pamplona, Spain
Front Biosci 13:2916-21. 2008....
- Polyploidy impairs human aortic endothelial cell function and is prevented by nicotinamide phosphoribosyltransferaseNica M Borradaile
London Health Sciences Centre, 339 Windermere Rd, London, Ontario, Canada N6A 5A5
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 298:C66-74. 2010..of genes involved in inflammation (IL32, TNFRSF21/10C, PTGS1) and extracellular matrix remodeling (COL5A1, FN1, MMP10/14)...
- Adenovirus-driven overexpression of proteinases in organ-cultured normal human corneas leads to diabetic-like changesMehrnoosh Saghizadeh
Ophthalmology Research Laboratories, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Brain Res Bull 81:262-72. 2010..The data suggest that MMP-10 and CTSF may be responsible for abnormal marker patterns and impaired wound healing in diabetic corneas. Inhibition of these proteinases in diabetic corneas may alleviate diabetic keratopathy symptoms...
- Biochemical properties of the matrix metalloproteinase NtMMP1 from Nicotiana tabacum cv. BY-2 suspension cellsManoj K Mandal
Institute for Molecular Biotechnology, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
Planta 232:899-910. 2010..Our data suggest new avenues that can be explored to improve the production of pharmaceutical proteins in plants and plant cells...
- Identification of liver metastasis-related genes in a novel human pancreatic carcinoma cell model by microarray analysisWei Dong Shi
Department of Oncology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
Cancer Lett 283:84-91. 2009..and extracellular-matrix related and twelve 30% (12/40) were cell growth and proliferation related, such as MMP10, MMP9, MMP7, CDH1, MGAT5, CTNNA1, IGF1, IL8RB, ITGA7, MDM2, MET, SSTR2 and VEGF, which were related to the onset ..
- Overproduction of metalloproteinases by v-mos-transformed rat kidney (6m2) cellsJ C Chan
Department of Tumor Biology, University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030 4009
Leukemia 6:168S-170S. 1992..This article presents a review of the biochemical properties of TAPs and their eventual identification as rat transin-2 and transin...
- Independent association of matrix metalloproteinase-10, cardiovascular risk factors and subclinical atherosclerosisJ Orbe
Laboratory of Atherosclerosis, Division of Cardiovascular Sciences, Center for Applied Medical Research, Pamplona, Spain
J Thromb Haemost 5:91-7. 2007..Whether MMP-10 is associated with the severity of atherosclerosis remains to be determined. This study examines the relationship of systemic MMP-10 levels with atherosclerotic risk factors and subclinical atherosclerosis...
- A biochemical model of matrix metalloproteinase 9 activation and inhibitionPrakash Vempati
Department of Biomedical Engineering, School of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
J Biol Chem 282:37585-96. 2007..We determine kinetic rate constants for the processes of MMP9 activation by MMP3, MMP10, MMP13, and trypsin; inhibition by the tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases (TIMPs) 1 and 2; and MMP9 ..
- Celecoxib inhibits serum amyloid a-induced matrix metalloproteinase-10 expression in human endothelial cellsYulan Zhao
Department of Pediatrics, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Singapore
J Vasc Res 46:64-72. 2009..This study investigated the effect of SAA on the expression of matrix metalloproteinase-10 (MMP-10) in endothelial cells. The effect of celecoxib on SAA-dependent MMP-10 expression and its possible mediator were also investigated...
- Fine physical mapping of the human matrix metalloproteinase genes clustered on chromosome 11q22.3A M Pendas
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Oviedo, Spain
Genomics 37:266-8. 1996
- Stromelysin-2 (matrix metalloproteinase 10) is inducible in lymphoma cells and accelerates the growth of lymphoid tumors in vivoCeline Van Themsche
Institut National de la Recherche Scientifique Institut Armand Frappier, University of Quebec, Laval, Canada
J Immunol 173:3605-11. 2004..In the present work, we report the up-regulated expression of MMP10 in T lymphoma cells following contact with endothelial cells...
- Interaction of fibroblast growth factor and C-natriuretic peptide signaling in regulation of chondrocyte proliferation and extracellular matrix homeostasisPavel Krejci
Medical Genetics Institute, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
J Cell Sci 118:5089-100. 2005..and activation of several matrix-remodeling molecules including matrix metalloproteinase 2 (MMP2), MMP3, MMP9, MMP10 and MMP13...
- Expression profiling of metalloproteinases and their inhibitors in synovium and cartilageRose K Davidson
School of Biological Sciences, University of East Anglia, Norwich NR4 7TJ, UK
Arthritis Res Ther 8:R124. 2006..0001) in OA synovium compared to the fractured NOF are MMP28, ADAMTS16, ADAMTS17 and TIMP2. For MMP9, MMP10, MMP12, MMP17, MMP23, MMP28, ADAMTS4, and ADAMTS9, there is a significant correlation between expression levels in ..
- Extracellular matrix mediates a molecular balance between vascular morphogenesis and regressionGeorge E Davis
Department of Medical Pharmacology and Physiology, University of Missouri School of Medicine, Columbia, Missouri 65212, USA
Curr Opin Hematol 15:197-203. 2008....
- Endothelins stimulate the production of stromelysin-1 in cultured rat astrocytesYutaka Koyama
Laboratory of Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Osaka Ohtani University, Nishikiori Kita 3 11 1, Tonda bayashi, Osaka 584 8540, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 371:659-63. 2008..These results show that activation of astrocytic ET receptors stimulates the production of stromelysin-1, suggesting a role for ETs in stromelysin production in brain pathologies...
- Acetylcholine-induced activation of M3 muscarinic receptors stimulates robust matrix metalloproteinase gene expression in human colon cancer cellsGuofeng Xie
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Veterans Administration Maryland Health Care System and Program in Oncology, Greenbaum Cancer Center, University of Maryland School of Medicine, 22 S Greene St, N3W62, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 296:G755-63. 2009..Similarly, ACh induced robust MMP1 and MMP10 gene transcription...
- Vascular MMP-9/TIMP-2 and neuronal MMP-10 up-regulation in human brain after stroke: a combined laser microdissection and protein array studyEloy Cuadrado
Neurovascular Research Laboratory, Neurovascular Unit, Department of Neurology, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Institut de Recerca, Hospital Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
J Proteome Res 8:3191-7. 2009..These findings demonstrate a selective cell-dependent MMP secretion, opening the possibility of selectively targeting specific MMPs for neuroprotection or vasculoprotection following stroke...
- MMP-10 (Stromelysin-2) and MMP-21 in human and murine squamous cell cancerSonja Boyd
Department of Pathology, Helsinki University Central Hospital and Haartman Institute, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Exp Dermatol 18:1044-52. 2009..MMP-21 does not associate with invasion of SCC but may be involved in keratinocyte differentiation...
- A study of matrix metalloproteinase expression and activity in atopic dermatitis using a novel skin wash sampling assay for functional biomarker analysisJ I Harper
Department of Paediatric Dermatology, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, London WC1N 3JH, U K
Br J Dermatol 162:397-403. 2010..Despite the well-recognized role of proteases in skin barrier maintenance, relatively little is known of the contribution made by matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) to the inflammatory process in AD...
- Acetylation of p65 at lysine 314 is important for late NF-kappaB-dependent gene expressionKarin M Rothgiesser
Institute of Veterinary Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Zurich, Winterthurerstrasse 190, 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
BMC Genomics 11:22. 2010..We have earlier reported that p65, a subunit of NF-kappaB, is acetylated in vitro and in vivo at three different lysines (K310, K314 and K315) by the histone acetyltransferase p300...
- Differentially expressed genes associated with cisplatin resistance in human ovarian adenocarcinoma cell line A2780Peter Solar
Laboratory for Cell Biology, Institute of Biology and Ecology, P J Safarik University, Kosice, Slovak Republic
Cancer Lett 309:11-8. 2011..apoptosis (ARHGDIB), stress response (HSPCA, TRA1), chromatin condensation (CNAP1, RanBP2), invasiveness of cells (MMP10), alteration of Ca(2+) homeostasis (ASPH, ATP2B1) and others...
- Construction of a conditional lethal Salmonella mutant via genetic recombination using the ara system and asd geneSam Woong Kim
Swine Science and Technology Center, Gyeongnam National University of Science and Technology, 150 Chilam Dong, Jinju, Gyeongnam, 660 758, South Korea
J Microbiol Methods 87:202-7. 2011..The growth of Salmonella MMP10 harboring pMMP55 was dependent on the presence of arabinose...
- Eicosapentaenoic acid and docosahexaenoic acid inhibit macrophage-induced gastric cancer cell migration by attenuating the expression of matrix metalloproteinase 10Ming Hsun Wu
Department of Surgery, Institute of Toxicology, National Taiwan University, Taipei 100, Taiwan
J Nutr Biochem 23:1434-9. 2012..cell migration ability and induced the differentially expressed matrix metalloproteinase genes (MMP1, MMP3 and MMP10) of N87 as identified by polymerase chain reaction array...
- Genetic comparison of mouse lung telocytes with mesenchymal stem cells and fibroblastsYonghua Zheng
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
J Cell Mol Med 17:567-77. 2013..Telocytes express also matrix metalloproteases Mmp3 and Mmp10, and thus could regulate extracellular matrix during vascular branching and de novo vessel formation...
- Time-resolved analysis of the matrix metalloproteinase 10 substrate degradomePascal Schlage
ETH Zurich, Department of Biology, Institute of Molecular Health Sciences, Schafmattstr 22, 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
Mol Cell Proteomics 13:580-93. 2014..By applying this strategy to dissect the matrix metalloproteinase 10 (MMP10) substrate degradome in fibroblast secretomes, we identified the extracellular matrix protein ..
- Activator protein 1 is a key terminal mediator of inflammation-induced preterm labor in miceDavid A MacIntyre
2Imperial College Parturition Research Group, Institute of Reproduction and Developmental Biology, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Campus, London, W12 0NN, UK
FASEB J 28:2358-68. 2014..myometrial AP-1 activation drives production of cytokines (Il-6, Il-8, and Il-1β), metalloproteinases (Mmp3 and Mmp10), and procontractile proteins (Cox-2 and Cx43) resulting in PTL after 7 h...
- Genetic variations within metalloproteinases impact on the prophylaxis of depressive phases in bipolar patientsAntonio Drago
IRCCS San Giovanni di Dio, Fatebenefratelli, Brescia, Italy
Neuropsychobiology 69:76-82. 2014..This issue is of primary relevance in that the depressive phases of BD are difficult to treat and they are associated with suicide...
- Up-regulation of matrix metalloproteinases in a mouse model of chemically induced colitis-associated cancer: the role of microRNAsFeiyan Ai
Department of Gastroenterology, The Third Xiangya Hospital of Central South University, Changsha, Hunan, China
Oncotarget 6:5412-25. 2015..we demonstrated that three murine microRNAs, namely miR-128, -134, and -330, can target the three Mmps Mmp3, Mmp10, and Mmp13, respectively...
- MMP-10 Regulates Collagenolytic Activity of Alternatively Activated Resident MacrophagesMaryam G Rohani
Center for Lung Biology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Invest Dermatol 135:2377-84. 2015..We observed increased collagen deposition and skin stiffness in Mmp10(-/-) wounds, with no difference in collagen expression or reepithelialization...
- Collagen Turnover in Wound Repair--A Macrophage ConnectionLiisa M Nissinen
Department of Dermatology, University of Turku, Turku, Finland
J Invest Dermatol 135:2350-2. 2015..These results emphasize the important role of macrophage-derived MMP-10 in regulating tissue remodeling and scar formation during wound healing. ..
- Matrix Metalloproteinase 10 Degradomics in Keratinocytes and Epidermal Tissue Identifies Bioactive Substrates With Pleiotropic FunctionsPascal Schlage
From the ETH Zurich, Department of Biology, Institute of Molecular Health Sciences, Otto Stern Weg 7, 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
Mol Cell Proteomics 14:3234-46. 2015..b>MMP10 is highly expressed in keratinocytes at the wound edge and at the invasive front of tumors, but hardly any non-ECM ..
- Helicobacter pylori Activates Matrix Metalloproteinase 10 in Gastric Epithelial Cells via EGFR and ERK-mediated PathwaysAngela M Costa
i3S Instituto de Investigação e Inovação em Saúde Ipatimup Institute of Molecular Pathology and Immunology
J Infect Dis 213:1767-76. 2016..The aim of this study was to explore the mechanisms leading to upregulation of MMP10 in gastric epithelial cells induced by H. pylori Infection of gastric cells with H...
- Differential Expression of Extracellular Matrix and Adhesion Molecules in Fetal-Origin Amniotic Epithelial Cells of Preeclamptic PregnancyMyung Sun Kim
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
PLoS ONE 11:e0156038. 2016..we confirmed that COL16A1, ITGB2, and LAMA3 were significantly up-regulated, but ITGA1, ITGA3, ITGA6, MMP1, MMP3, MMP10 and MMP11 were significantly down-regulated in preeclamptic fetal origin cells...
- Matrix metalloproteinase expression and molecular interaction network analysis in gastric cancerJianting Xu
Cancer Centre, First Hospital of Jilin University, Changchun, Jilin 130021, P R China
Oncol Lett 12:2403-2408. 2016..05). In addition, quantitative polymerase chain reaction analysis has confirmed that MMP1, MMP3, MMP7, MMP10, MMP11 and MMP12 expression is upregulated in GC...
- Immunohistochemical Expression of Stromelysin-2 (St-2) In Patients with Oral Lichen Planus and Its Clinical SignificanceMasoud Miri-Moghaddam
Students Scientific Research Center, School of Dentistry, Zahedan University of Medical Sciences, Zahedan, Iran
J Dent (Shiraz) 17:250-255. 2016..In OLP, destruction of the basement membrane and migration of T-cell may be mediated by matrix metalloproteinases...
- Tumor Necrosis Factor-Like Weak Inducer of Apoptosis Promotes Hepatic Stellate Cells Migration via Canonical NF-κB/MMP9 PathwayMingcui Xu
Department of Gastroenterology, Affiliated Drum Tower Clinical Medical School of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
PLoS ONE 11:e0167658. 2016..assay; cell viability was evaluated by Cell Counting Kit-8; the expression of MMP1, MMP2, MMP3, MMP7, MMP8, MMP9, MMP10, MMP11, MMP12, MMP13 gene was identified by quantitative real-time polymerase chain reaction and western blotting; ..
- Interplay of extracellular matrix and leukocytes in lung inflammationThomas N Wight
Matrix Biology Program, Benaroya Research Institute at Virginia Mason, Seattle, WA, USA Electronic address
Cell Immunol . 2016..Macrophages are present in both early and late lung inflammation. Matrix metalloproteinase 10 (MMP10) is induced in alveolar macrophages with injury and infection and modulates macrophage phenotype ..
- Stromelysin-2 is upregulated during normal wound repair and is induced by cytokinesO Rechardt
Departments of Dermatology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
J Invest Dermatol 115:778-87. 2000..Stromelysin-2 is most likely to participate in the remodeling of the newly formed basement membrane, and is not overexpressed in retarded wound healing...
- Differential patterns of stromelysin-2 (MMP-10) and MT1-MMP (MMP-14) expression in epithelial skin cancersE Kerkela
Department of Dermatology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Br J Cancer 84:659-69. 2001....
- Epilysin (MMP-28) expression is associated with cell proliferation during epithelial repairUlpu Saarialho-Kere
Department of Dermatology, Biomedicum Helsinki, University Central Hospital, University of Helsinki, Meilahdentie 2, 00250 Helsinki, Finland
J Invest Dermatol 119:14-21. 2002....
- Collagenase-1 (MMP-1), matrilysin-1 (MMP-7), and stromelysin-2 (MMP-10) are expressed by migrating enterocytes during intestinal wound healingM T Salmela
Department of Dermatology, Helsinki University Central Hospital and Biomedicum, FI 00250 Helsinki, Finland
Scand J Gastroenterol 39:1095-104. 2004....
- Gene expression changes by amyloid beta peptide-stimulated human postmortem brain microglia identify activation of multiple inflammatory processesDouglas G Walker
Laboratory of Neuroinflammation, Sun Health Research Institute, 10515 West Santa Fe Drive, Sun City, AZ 85351, USA
J Leukoc Biol 79:596-610. 2006..most notably, interleukin (IL)-1beta, IL-8, and matrix metalloproteinases (MMP), including MMP1, MMP3, MMP9, MMP10, and MMP12. All of these genes could amplify ongoing inflammation, resulting in further neuronal loss...
- Mapping and partial characterization of proteases expressed by a CHO production cell lineH Sandberg
Department of Biopharmaceuticals, Biovitrum AB, SE 112 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Biotechnol Bioeng 95:961-71. 2006..of the isolated metalloproteinase were found to have sequence homology with matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) MMP3, MMP10, and MMP12...
- Expression of matrix metalloproteinase-10 in renal cell carcinoma and its prognostic roleYasuyoshi Miyata
Department of Urology, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, 852 8501 Nagasaki, Japan
Eur Urol 52:791-7. 2007..The purpose of this study was to determine the clinical significance and malignant potential of MMP-10 in human CRCC tissues...
- Synergistic effect between EGF and TGF-beta1 in inducing oncogenic properties of intestinal epithelial cellsS Uttamsingh
Department of Microbiology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Oncogene 27:2626-34. 2008..the expression of a series of proteases including matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) 1 (collagenase), MMP3, MMP9, MMP10, MMP14 and cathepsin. Among them, the expression of MMP1, MMP3, MMP9 and MMP10 was MAPK dependent...
- The time course of expression of genes involved in specific pathways in normal human bronchial epithelial cells following exposure to cigarette smokeReza Parsanejad
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, North Carolina, USA
Exp Lung Res 34:513-30. 2008..included genes involved in inflammatory response (LTA, SELPLG, and IL8), repair and wound-healing activity (MMP10), and growth activity (GREB1, EGR1), suggesting repair in this period...
- Microarray analysis identifies matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) as key genes whose expression is up-regulated in human adipocytes by macrophage-conditioned mediumAdrian O'Hara
Obesity Biology Research Unit, School of Clinical Sciences, University of Liverpool, Duncan Building, Liverpool, L69 3GA, UK
Pflugers Arch 458:1103-14. 2009..of matrix metalloproteinase genes were highly up-regulated at both time-points, including MMP1, MMP3, MMP9, MMP10, MMP12 and MMP19...
- Molecular characterization, mapping, and haplotype analysis of porcine matrix metalloproteinase genes MMP1 and MMP10Xiao Wu
Department of Animal Science, School of Agriculture and Biology, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
Biochem Genet 47:763-74. 2009..We report the identification of two members of the MMP gene family in swine. The porcine MMP1 and MMP10 genes comprise 10 exons and 9 introns spanning approximately 8,460 and 7,030 bp...
- Expression profiling of ETS and MMP factors in VEGF-activated endothelial cells: role of MMP-10 in VEGF-induced angiogenesisSun Hee Heo
Department of Biochemistry, School of Dentistry, Kyungpook National University, Daegu, Korea
J Cell Physiol 224:734-42. 2010..The elevation of MMP10 mRNA and protein levels was confirmed to be both time- and dosage-dependent...
- Ovarian expression and regulation of the stromelysins during the periovulatory period in the human and the ratLauren A McCord
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington, Kentucky 40536 0298, USA
Biol Reprod 86:78. 2012..In the present study, expression of the stromelysins (MMP3, MMP10, MMP11) was analyzed in the periovulatory human and rat ovary...
- Synergistic effect of thrombin and CD40 ligand on endothelial matrix metalloproteinase-10 expression and microparticle generation in vitro and in vivoSara Martinez de Lizarrondo
Laboratory of Atherothrombosis, Division of Cardiovascular Sciences, CIMA, Av Pio XII, 55, 31008 Pamplona, Navarra, Spain
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 32:1477-87. 2012..Thrombin induces CD40 ligand (CD40L) and matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) under inflammatory/prothrombotic conditions. Thrombin and CD40L could modulate endothelial MMP-10 expression in vitro and in vivo...
- Application of MMP-7 and MMP-10 in assisting the diagnosis of malignant pleural effusionDaye Cheng
Department of Transfusion, The First Hospital of China Medical University, Shenyang, China
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 13:505-9. 2012....
- C-terminal truncated hepatitis B virus x protein is associated with metastasis and enhances invasiveness by C-Jun/matrix metalloproteinase protein 10 activation in hepatocellular carcinomaKaren M F Sze
State Key Laboratory for Liver Research, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Hepatology 57:131-9. 2013..It also resulted in increased C-Jun transcriptional activity and enhanced transcription of matrix metalloproteinase 10 (MMP10), whereas activation of the MMP10 promoter by COOH-truncated HBx was abolished when the ..
- Lack of MMP10 exacerbates experimental colitis and promotes development of inflammation-associated colonic dysplasiaFelicitas L Koller
Department of Surgery, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN, USA
Lab Invest 92:1749-59. 2012..Here, we focus on a single MMP family member, MMP10, and assess its role in a murine model of colonic tissue damage induced by dextran sulfate sodium (DSS) treatment...
- proMetalloproteinase-10 is associated with brain damage and clinical outcome in acute ischemic strokeJ A Rodriguez
Laboratory of Atherosclerosis, Division of Cardiovascular Sciences, CIMA University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
J Thromb Haemost 11:1464-73. 2013..Matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) mediate tissue injury during stroke but also neurovascular remodeling and we have shown that MMP-10 is involved in atherothrombosis...
- Inflammation-mediated skin tumorigenesis induced by epidermal c-FosEva M Briso
BBVA Foundation Spanish National Cancer Research Center CNIO Cancer Cell Biology Program, CNIO, 28029 Madrid, Spain
Genes Dev 27:1959-73. 2013..Interestingly, c-Fos transcriptionally controls mmp10 and s100a7a15 expression in keratinocytes, subsequently leading to CD4 T-cell recruitment to the skin, thereby ..
- The CXCR4/SDF1 axis improves muscle regeneration through MMP-10 activityMiriam Bobadilla
1 Cell Therapy Area, Division of Cancer, Center for Applied Medical Research CIMA, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Stem Cells Dev 23:1417-27. 2014..Thus, our findings support a model in which MMP-10 activity modulates CXCR4/SDF1 signaling, which is essential for efficient skeletal muscle regeneration. ..
- TCDD induces dermal accumulation of keratinocyte-derived matrix metalloproteinase-10 in an organotypic model of human skinK Nadira De Abrew
Molecular and Environmental Toxicology Center, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 276:171-8. 2014..Our studies reveal a novel mechanism by which the epithelial-stromal microenvironment is altered in a tissue-specific manner thereby inducing structural and functional pathology in the interfollicular epidermis of human skin. ..
- Dairy-based preexercise meal does not affect gut comfort or time-trial performance in female cyclistsEric C Haakonssen
Dept of Sports Nutrition, Australian Institute of Sport, Belconnen, Australia
Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab 24:553-8. 2014..Performance was measured as maximum mean power during the TT (MMP10(min))...
- Validation and clinicopathologic associations of a urine-based bladder cancer biomarker signatureGe Zhang
MD Anderson Cancer Center Orlando, Cancer Research Institute, Orlando, Florida, USA
Diagn Pathol 9:200. 2014To validate the expression of a urine-based bladder cancer associated diagnostic signature comprised of 10 targets; ANG, CA9, MMP9, MMP10, SERPINA1, APOE, SDC1, VEGFA, SERPINE1 and IL8 in bladder tumor tissues.
- Normalization of wound healing and stem cell marker patterns in organ-cultured human diabetic corneas by gene therapy of limbal cellsMehrnoosh Saghizadeh
Eye Program, Board of Governors Regenerative Medicine Institute, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA Department of Neurosurgery, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA Department of Biomedical Sciences, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Exp Eye Res 129:66-73. 2014..Gene therapy of limbal epithelial stem cell compartment has a beneficial effect on the diabetic corneal wound healing and on diabetic and stem cell marker expression, and shows potential for alleviating symptoms of diabetic keratopathy...
- Breast cancer dissemination promoted by a neuregulin-collagenase 3 signalling nodeS Seoane
Instituto de Biologia Molecular y Celular del Cancer, CSIC Universidad de Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain
Oncogene 35:2756-65. 2016..Genomic, biochemical and functional studies identified matrix metalloproteinases, particularly stromelysin 2 and collagenase 3, as key mediators of the NRG-induced dissemination properties of breast cancer cells...
- Integrative pathway genomics of lung function and airflow obstructionSina A Gharib
Computational Medicine Core, Center for Lung Biology, Department of Medicine
Hum Mol Genet 24:6836-48. 2015..Network analysis of the ECM module implicated a candidate gene, matrix metalloproteinase 10 (MMP10), as a putative disease target...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-10: a novel biomarker for idiopathic pulmonary fibrosisAkihiko Sokai
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, 54 Shogoin Kawaharacho, Sakyo ku, Kyoto, 606 8507, Japan
Respir Res 16:120. 2015..However, little is known regarding the significance of MMP-10 as a biomarker for IPF...
- Transforming growth factor-β1 induces invasion ability of HSC-4 human oral squamous cell carcinoma cells through the Slug/Wnt-5b/MMP-10 signalling axisMasafumi Hino
Division of Cellular Biosignal Sciences, Department of Biochemistry, Iwate Medical University, 2 1 1 Nishitokuta, Yahaba Cho, Iwate 028 3694, Japan Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Department of Reconstructive Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, School of Dentistry, Iwate Medical University, 1 3 27 Chuo dori, Morioka, Iwate 020 8505, Japan, Japan
J Biochem 159:631-40. 2016..Overall, these results suggest that TGF-β1 stimulates HSC-4 cell invasion through the Slug/Wnt-5b/MMP-10 signalling axis. ..
- Matrix metalloproteinase-10 is a target of T and B cell responses that correlate with synovial pathology in patients with antibiotic-refractory Lyme arthritisJameson T Crowley
Center for Immunology and Inflammatory Diseases, Division of Rheumatology, Allergy and Immunology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, United States Electronic address
J Autoimmun 69:24-37. 2016..This experience demonstrates the power of new, discovery-based methods to identify relevant autoimmune responses in chronic inflammatory forms of arthritis. ..
- GATA4 Regulates Blood-Testis Barrier Function and Lactate Metabolism in Mouse Sertoli CellsAnja Schrade
Children s Hospital A S, A K, O A, M P, M H, University of Helsinki and Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki 00014, Finland Institute of Applied Biotechnology S F, K O, University of Applied Sciences Biberach, Biberach 88400, Germany Metabolomics Unit V V, Institute for Molecular Medicine Finland, University of Helsinki 00014, Helsinki, Finland Departments of Physiology and Pediatrics J T, University of Turku and Turku University Hospital, Turku 20520, Finland and Departments of Pediatrics A S, V M R, D B W, M H and Developmental Biology D B W, Washington University, St Louis, Missouri 63110
Endocrinology 157:2416-31. 2016..junction formation (Tjp1, Cldn12, Vcl, Tnc, Csk) and extracellular matrix reorganization (Lamc1, Col4a1, Col4a5, Mmp10, Mmp23, Timp2)...
- AJUBA promotes the migration and invasion of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma cells through upregulation of MMP10 and MMP13 expressionXuejiao Shi
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Cancer Institute and Hospital, Peking Union Medical College and Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing, China
Oncotarget 7:36407-36418. 2016..RNA sequencing was used to reveal the oncogenic pathways of AJUBA that were involved, and MMP10 and MMP13 were identified as two of the downstream targets of AJUBA...
- The bile acid receptor GPBAR1 (TGR5) is expressed in human gastric cancers and promotes epithelial-mesenchymal transition in gastric cancer cell linesAdriana Carino
Dipartimento di Scienze Chirurgiche e Biomediche, Universita degli Studi di Perugia, Perugia, Italy
Oncotarget 7:61021-61035. 2016..a dual FXR and GPBAR1 ligand) increased the expression of genes associated with EMT including KDKN2A, HRAS, IGB3, MMP10 and MMP13 and downregulated the expression of CD44 and FAT1 (P<0.01 versus control cells)...
- MOLECULAR ASPECTS OF ALPORT RENAL DISEASE PROGRESSIONDOMINIC E COSGROVE; Fiscal Year: 2013..cytoskeletal rearrangement and downstream maladaptive gene regulation including massive induction of matrix metalloproteinase 10 and 12 using a combination of small molecule inhibitor studies on cultured podocytes and in vivo ..
- Alan P Fields; Fiscal Year: 2016..the intracellular location and oncogenic activity of Ect2 through direct binding and phosphorylation;4) matrix metalloproteinase 10 (Mmp10) is a critical downstream effector of the PKC?/Ect2/Par6/Rac1 signaling axis that is required ..
- Huntington's Disease Natural Product Drug DiscoveryAlbert R La Spada; Fiscal Year: 2012..to be involved in HD, which includes caspase, calpain, lysosomal proteases (cathepsins L, B, and D), and matrix metalloprotease 10. Cyanobacteria algal marine natural product compounds are a rich source of potent drug molecules with ..
- William C Parks; Fiscal Year: 2014..Our preliminary data indicates that stromelysin-2 (MMP10), a member of the matrix metalloproteinase gene family, functions to govern the influx and activation state of ..
- Steven F Ziegler; Fiscal Year: 2014..abstract_text> ..
- TRASIN AND TUMOR PROMOTION AND PROGRESSIONLynn Matrisian; Fiscal Year: 2000..The studies proposed in this application could provide important new insights into molecules mediating host/tumor interactions and tumor invasion and metastasis in a well defined model of tumor progression. ..
- Role of Stromelysin-2 in Mediating P. aeruginosa-induced Lung InflammationMichelle Lin; Fiscal Year: 2009..Determining and understanding these mediators are important when translation into therapeutic use against diseases such as acute lung injury and pneumonia is needed. ..
- DDR1 controls tumor homing in breast to bone metastasisCelso Gomez Sanchez; Fiscal Year: 2004..work showed that DDR1 triggers the release of proteolytic enzymes, including matrix metalloproteinase MMP3 and MMP10, we will particularly focus on the expression of these MMPs in order to further characterize pathways leading to ..
- Redox Regulation of Multidrug Resistance Gene ExpressionMACUS KUO; Fiscal Year: 2009..host of genes involved in drug resistance (MDR1, MRP1, MRP3, and HCtr1) and tumor progression (MMP1, MMP3, and MMP10)...
- Physiologic Genomics of Pulmonary Hypertension & RVHSINA GHARIB; Fiscal Year: 2008..Ultimately, this mentored research career award will allow the PI to develop into an independent computational molecular biologist and pursue an academic research career in the physiologic genomics of the cardiopulmonary system. ..
- Regulation of Cell Function by Matricellular HevinThomas Wight; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- 2008 Proteoglycans Gordon Research ConferenceThomas Wight; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Microglial interactions with amyloid beta peptideDouglas Walker; Fiscal Year: 2003..Overall, the findings from the proposed research could extend our knowledge of the inflammatory events occurring in the AD brain. ..
- Function of CMG-2, an Anthrax Toxin ReceptorGeorge Davis; Fiscal Year: 2005..Specific Aim #2. To identify CMG-2 co-receptors, such as integrins, which are involved in its ability to regulate protective antigen binding, proteolytic processing and internalization. ..
- ECONOMIC OUTCOMES OF TREATMENT STRATEGIES IN BAR1-2Mark Hlatky; Fiscal Year: 2006..The investigators further expect that this collaborative effort will translate into a new practical clinical paradigm that will be used for treatment of Type II diabetic patients. ..