Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MMP-8
Description: matrix metallopeptidase 8
Alias: CLG1, HNC, MMP-8, PMNL-CL, neutrophil collagenase, PMN leukocyte collagenase, PMNL collagenase, collagenase 2, matrix metalloproteinase 8 (neutrophil collagenase), matrix metalloproteinase-8
Publications290 found, 100 shown here
- Lack of association between matrix metalloproteinase 8 promoter polymorphism and bronchiectasis in KoreansJiwon Lee
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine and Lung Institute, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 22:667-71. 2007..76), colonization of microorganisms (p=0.56), or association of mycobacteria (p=0.17). From these results, we conclude that -799C/T on the promoter region of MMP-8 lacks association with development of bronchiectasis in Koreans...
- Fine physical mapping of the human matrix metalloproteinase genes clustered on chromosome 11q22.3A M Pendas
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Oviedo, Spain
Genomics 37:266-8. 1996
- Human neutrophil collagenase. A distinct gene product with homology to other matrix metalloproteinasesK A Hasty
Department of Anatomy, University of Tennessee, Memphis 38104
J Biol Chem 265:11421-4. 1990We have identified and sequenced a cDNA encoding human neutrophil collagenase from a lambda gt11 cDNA library constructed from mRNA extracted from the peripheral leukocytes of a patient with chronic granulocytic leukemia...
- In vivo collagenase-2 (MMP-8) expression by human bronchial epithelial cells and monocytes/macrophages in bronchiectasisK Prikk
Department of Pulmonology, University of Tartu, Tartu, Estonia
J Pathol 194:232-8. 2001..MMP-8 from multiple cellular sources, including inflamed lung epithelium, was activated to a significant extent in the BE BALF, indicating a major role for MMP-8 in the destruction of lung and bronchial tissues...
- Matrix metalloproteinase processing of monocyte chemoattractant proteins generates CC chemokine receptor antagonists with anti-inflammatory properties in vivoG Angus McQuibban
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and the Biomedical Research Centre, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Blood 100:1160-7. 2002..Specificity was shown by absence of cleavage by matrilysin (MMP-7) and the leukocytic MMPs neutrophil collagenase (MMP-8) and gelatinase B (MMP-9)...
- Membrane-bound matrix metalloproteinase-8 on activated polymorphonuclear cells is a potent, tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-resistant collagenase and serpinaseCaroline A Owen
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 905 Thorn Building, 75 Francis Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 172:7791-803. 2004..TIMP-resistant, active MMP-8 expressed on the surface of activated PMN is likely to be an important form of MMP-8, regulating lung inflammation and collagen turnover in vivo...
- Functionally significant SNP MMP8 promoter haplotypes and preterm premature rupture of membranes (PPROM)Hongyan Wang
Center for Research on Reproduction and Women s Health, University of Pennsylvania, 421 Curie Boulevard, Philadephia, PA 19104, USA
Hum Mol Genet 13:2659-69. 2004b>Matrix metalloproteinase 8 (MMP8), an enzyme that degrades fibrillar collagens imparting strength to the fetal membranes, is expressed by leukocytes and chorionic cytotrophoblast cells...
- Matrix metalloproteinase polymorphisms are associated with bladder cancer invasivenessA Karim Kader
Department of Epidemiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:2614-20. 2007..MMP levels are elevated in bladder cancer patients correlating with more advanced stage. We tested whether polymorphisms in MMP genes modify the risk of bladder cancer invasiveness and whether smoke exposure modifies this risk...
- Serum matrix metalloproteinase-8 concentrations are associated with cardiovascular outcome in menAnita M Tuomainen
Institute of Dentistry, University of Helsinki, Haartmaninkatu 8, P O Box 63, FI 00014 Helsinki, Finland
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 27:2722-8. 2007..Results on the association of serum MMP-8 concentrations and cardiovascular diseases (CVD) are, however, scarce and contradictory...
- Association of matrix metalloproteinase-8 gene variation with breast cancer prognosisJulie Decock
Laboratory for Experimental Oncology, Department of General Medical Oncology, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
Cancer Res 67:10214-21. 2007..The data suggest that MMP8 gene variation may influence breast cancer prognosis and support the notion that MMP8 has an inhibitory effect on cancer metastasis...
- Subendothelial infiltration of neutrophil granulocytes and liberation of matrix-destabilizing enzymes in an experimental model of human neo-intimaBernhard Dorweiler
Department of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery, Johannes Gutenberg University, Langenbeckstrasse 1, Mainz, Germany
Thromb Haemost 99:373-81. 2008..The concomitant release of potent matrix-degrading enzymes and the induction of EC apoptosis may have implications for plaque destabilization and cardiovascular events...
- Matrix metalloproteinase activity in pediatric acute lung injuryMichele Y F Kong
Department of Pediatrics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35233, USA
Int J Med Sci 6:9-17. 2009..These results identify a specific repertoire of MMP isoforms in the lung secretions of pediatric ALI patients, and demonstrate inverse changes in MMPs -8 and -9 with protracted disease...
- Analysis of the matrix metalloproteinase family reveals that MMP8 is often mutated in melanomaLavanya H Palavalli
National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Nat Genet 41:518-20. 2009..Expression of wild-type but not mutant MMP8 in human melanoma cells inhibited growth on soft agar in vitro and tumor formation in vivo, suggesting that wild-type MMP-8 has the ability to inhibit melanoma progression...
- A role of matrix metalloproteinase-8 in atherosclerosisRoss C Laxton
William Harvey Research Institute, Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, John Vane Science Centre, Charterhouse Square, London EC1M 6BQ, United Kingdom
Circ Res 105:921-9. 2009..Atherosclerotic lesions express matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)8, which possesses proteolytic activity on matrix proteins particularly fibrillar collagens and on nonmatrix proteins such as angiotensin (Ang) I...
- The prominent expression of plasma matrix metalloproteinase-8 in acute thoracic aortic dissectionYun Li
Medical School of Nanjing University, Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
J Surg Res 163:e99-104. 2010..The aim of this study was to determine the role of MMP-8 in acute thoracic aortic dissection...
- Chondrocyte matrix metalloproteinase-8. Human articular chondrocytes express neutrophil collagenaseA A Cole
Department of Biochemistry, Rush Medical College, Rush Presbyterian St Luke s Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Biol Chem 271:11023-6. 1996This study confirms that normal human articular chondrocytes express neutrophil collagenase or matrix metalloproteinase-8 (MMP-8), a gene product previously thought to be expressed exclusively by neutrophil leukocytes...
- Broncho-alveolar lavage matrix metalloproteases as a sensitive measure of bronchiolitis obliteransShahrokh Taghavi
Department of Cardio Thoracic Surgery, Vienna Medical University, Waehringer Guertel, Austria
Am J Transplant 5:1548-52. 2005..BAL MMP-8, -9 and TIMP-1 might be useful markers to detect BO in lung transplant patients...
- Plasma MMP1 and MMP8 expression in breast cancer: protective role of MMP8 against lymph node metastasisJulie Decock
Laboratory for Experimental Oncology LEO, K, U, Leuven, Campus University Hospital Gasthuisberg, O and N1 bus 815, Herestraat 49, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
BMC Cancer 8:77. 2008..Elevated levels of matrix metalloproteinases have been found to associate with poor prognosis in various carcinomas. This study aimed at evaluating plasma levels of MMP1, MMP8 and MMP13 as diagnostic and prognostic markers of breast cancer...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-8 inactivates macrophage inflammatory protein-1 alpha to reduce acute lung inflammation and injury in micePablo A Quintero
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 184:1575-88. 2010..In addition, membrane-bound MMP-8 on activated lung PMNs is likely to be the key bioactive form of the enzyme that limits lung inflammation and alveolar capillary barrier injury during ALI...
- Amino acid sequence and carbohydrate structure of a recombinant human tissue factor pathway inhibitor expressed in Chinese hamster ovary cells: one N-and two O-linked carbohydrate chains are located between Kunitz domains 2 and 3 and one N-linked carbohydY Nakahara
Chemo Sero Therapeutic Research Institute, Kumamoto, Japan
Biochemistry 35:6450-9. 1996..These results indicated that the region is occupied by a cluster of three bulky and acidic carbohydrate chains...
- Serum matrix metalloproteinase-8 is associated with ulceration and vascular invasion of malignant melanomaPia Vihinen
Departments of aOncology and Radiotherapy bSurgery, Turku University Hospital, Turku, Finland
Melanoma Res 18:268-73. 2008..Results also suggest that elevated serum MMP-8 might be related to haematogenous spreading of melanoma through vascular invasion...
- Radiation and concurrent carboplatin administration in locally advanced head and neck cancer. A Hellenic Cooperative Oncology Group StudyG Fountzilas
AHEPA Hospital, Aristotle University, Thessaloniki, Macedonia, Greece
Tumori 81:354-8. 1995..CONCLUSIONS: Radiation and concurrent administration of carboplatin determined a high CR rate in patients with HNC, although the superiority of this combined modality approach over radiation alone has to be proven in phase III ..
- Mechanism of inhibition of human neutrophil collagenase by Gold(I) chrysotherapeutic compounds. Interaction at a heavy metal binding siteS K Mallya
Department of Chemistry, Florida State University, Tallahassee 32306
J Biol Chem 264:1594-601. 1989The mechanism of inhibition of two forms of human neutrophil collagenase (HNC) by six Au(I) compounds, some of which are used as chrysotherapeutic agents, has been investigated...
- Balance between matrix metalloproteinases (MMP) and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases (TIMP) in the cervical mucus plug estimated by determination of free non-complexed TIMPNaja Becher
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Arhus University Hospital, Skejby, Aarhus N, Denmark
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 6:45. 2008..The CMP contains high concentrations of matrix metalloproteinase 8 and 9 (MMP-8, MMP-9) and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1 (TIMP-1)...
- Purification to homogeneity of latent and active 58-kilodalton forms of human neutrophil collagenaseK A Mookhtiar
Department of Chemistry, Florida State University, Tallahassee 32306
Biochemistry 29:10620-7. 1990Latent and active 58-kDa forms of human neutrophil collagenase (HNC) have been purified to homogeneity...
- Analysis of the contribution of the hinge region of human neutrophil collagenase (HNC, MMP-8) to stability and collagenolytic activity by alanine scanning mutagenesisV Knauper
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Strangeways Research Laboratory, Cambridge, UK
FEBS Lett 405:60-4. 1997Analysis of the hinge region of neutrophil collagenase by alanine scanning mutagenesis revealed that this sequence motif has a pronounced effect on the stability and collagenolytic activity of the active enzyme...
- Assay of collagenase activity for native triple-helical collagen using capillary gel electrophoresis with laser-induced fluorescence detectionMasatake Sano
Shionogi Research Laboratories, Shionogi and Co Ltd, 12 4, Sagisu 5 Chome, Fukushima ku, Osaka 553 0002, Japan
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 809:251-6. 2004..These collagenase assays include measurement of the activities of interstitial collagenase (MMP-1) and neutrophil collagenase (MMP-8) against type I collagen, and collagenase-3 (MMP-13) against type II collagen, and the enzyme ..
- Collagenase 2/matrix metalloproteinase 8 in critically ill patients with secondary peritonitisJohanna Hästbacka
Division of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Department of Surgery, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Shock 27:145-50. 2007..b>Collagenase 2/matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) 8 is a tissue matrix-degrading enzyme that is released from leukocytes upon ..
- The effect of adjunctive low-dose doxycycline therapy on clinical parameters and gingival crevicular fluid matrix metalloproteinase-8 levels in chronic periodontitisGulnur Emingil
Ege University, School of Dentistry, Department of Periodontology, Izmir, Turkey
J Periodontol 75:106-15. 2004....
- A rapid matrix metalloproteinase-8 bedside test for the detection of intraamniotic inflammation in women with preterm premature rupture of membranesKun Woo Kim
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Am J Obstet Gynecol 197:292.e1-5. 2007....
- Foot drop in head and neck cancerRyan Seth Borress
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, State University of New York Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY 11201, USA
Am J Otolaryngol 28:321-4. 2007..Although CPN neuropathy has been described in cancer patients, it has not been described in head and neck cancer (HNC) patients specifically...
- Granulocyte elastase, matrix metalloproteinase-8 and prostaglandin E2 in gingival crevicular fluid in matched clinical sites in smokers and non-smokers with persistent periodontitisBirgitta Söder
Department of Periodontology and Oral Dental Hygiene, Institute of Odontology, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
J Clin Periodontol 29:384-91. 2002..This study aimed to determine the levels of granulocyte elastase, matrix metalloproteinase-8 (MMP-8) and prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) in gingival crevicular fluid (GCF) in smokers and non-smokers with persistent periodontitis...
- Local and systemic responses in matrix metalloproteinase 8-deficient mice during Porphyromonas gingivalis-induced periodontitisHeidi Kuula
Biomedicum Helsinki, Institute of Dentistry, P O Box 63 Haartmaninkatu 8, 00014 University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Infect Immun 77:850-9. 2009..Pathologically excessive matrix metalloproteinase 8 (MMP-8) is among the key players in periodontal destruction by initiating type I collagen degradation...
- Dexamethasone alters the hepatic inflammatory cellular profile without changes in matrix degradation during liver repair following biliary decompressionChristopher S Muratore
Department of Surgery, Division of Pediatric Surgery and Surgical Research, Hasbro Children s Hospital and Rhode Island Hospital, The Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island 02905, USA
J Surg Res 156:231-9. 2009....
- The effect of subgingival controlled-release delivery of chlorhexidine chip on clinical parameters and matrix metalloproteinase-8 levels in gingival crevicular fluidNezih Azmak
Department of Periodontology, Faculty of Dentistry, Ege University, Izmir, Turkey
J Periodontol 73:608-15. 2002....
- Quality of life and functional evaluation after supracricoid partial laryngectomy with cricohyoidoepiglottopexy in Mexican patientsKuauhyama Luna-Ortiz
Department of Head and Neck Surgery, Instituto Nacional de Cancerología INCan, Tlalpan, Mexico D F 14000
J Laryngol Otol 118:284-8. 2004..clinical grading postoperative aspiration (CGPA) scale, the performance status scale for head and neck cancer (PSS-HNC), and the Karnofsky Performance Scale (KPS)...
- The frequency and significance of intraamniotic inflammation in patients with cervical insufficiencySi Eun Lee
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Am J Obstet Gynecol 198:633.e1-8. 2008..The purpose of this study was to determine the frequency and clinical significance of intraamniotic inflammation in patients with acute cervical insufficiency...
- The involvement of human amnion in histologic chorioamnionitis is an indicator that a fetal and an intra-amniotic inflammatory response is more likely and severe: clinical implicationsChan Wook Park
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, 28 Yongon Dong, Chongno Gu, Seoul 110 744, Republic of Korea
Placenta 30:56-61. 2009....
- Knowledge of head and neck cancer among medical students at 2 Chicago universitiesNadia Mohyuddin
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Illinois Chicago, 1855 W Taylor St, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 134:1294-8. 2008To assess the knowledge of first- (M1) and fourth- (M4) year medical students regarding head and neck cancer (HNC) risk factors, signs, symptoms, and frequency; designated oral screening recommendations; head and neck physical ..
- Radiochemotherapy with cetuximab, cisplatin, and amifostine for locally advanced head and neck cancer: a feasibility studyMichael I Koukourakis
Department of Radiotherapy Oncology, Democritus University of Thrace, Alexandroupolis, Greece
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 77:9-15. 2010..with cisplatin or cetuximab is the standard of care for patients with locally advanced head/neck cancer (LA-HNC)...
- Radiation-induced mucositis: a randomized clinical trial of micronized sucralfate versus salt & soda mouthwashesMarylin J Dodd
Department of Physiological Nursing, UCSF School of Nursing, Box 0610, San Francisco, CA 94143 0610, USA
Cancer Invest 21:21-33. 2003..The clinical efficacy of sucralfate (Carafate R) mouthwash for head and neck cancer patients (HNC) is not consistent across studies...
- ICF Core Set for head and neck cancer: do the categories discriminate among clinically relevant subgroups of patients?Uta Tschiesner
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Germany
Int J Rehabil Res 34:121-30. 2011The multidisciplinary assessment of functioning in patients with head and neck cancer (HNC) according to the ICF Core Set for Head and Neck Cancer (ICF-HNC) was developed in an international and multi-disciplinary approach...
- Quantitative structure-activity relationship of human neutrophil collagenase (MMP-8) inhibitors using comparative molecular field analysis and X-ray structure analysisH Matter
Chemical Research and Core Research Functions, Hoechst Marion Roussel, D 65926 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
J Med Chem 42:1908-20. 1999..and -hydroxamates as inhibitors of the matrix metalloproteinase human neutrophil collagenase (MMP-8) was designed, synthesized, and investigated by 3D-QSAR techniques (CoMFA, CoMSIA) and X-ray ..
- Tear fluid levels of MMP-8 are elevated in ocular rosacea--treatment effect of oral doxycyclineMarko Määttä
Department of Ophthalmology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Haartmaninkatu 4, 00029, HUS, Finland
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 244:957-62. 2006..b>Matrix metalloproteinase 8 (MMP-8; collagenase 2) levels and activation are commonly elevated in many inflammatory conditions...
- Clinical significance of FDG single-photon emission computed tomography: Computed tomography in the diagnosis of head and neck cancers and study of its mechanismLing Fa Li
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Institute of Infectious Diseases, The First Affiliated Hospital, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 23:701-14. 2008..In this study, we, therefore, investigated in patients with head and neck carcinoma (HNC) the relationship between tumor FDG accumulation and the mRNA expression and protein expression of Glut-1 and Glut-3...
- Gingival crevicular fluid matrix metalloproteinase-8 levels following adjunctive use of meloxicam and initial phase of periodontal therapyNurcan Buduneli
Department of Periodontology, Faculty of Dentistry, Ege University, Izmir, Turkey
J Periodontol 73:103-9. 2002....
- Release and activation of matrix metalloproteinase 8 from human neutrophils triggered by the leukotoxin of Actinobacillus actinomycetemcomitansR Claesson
Department of Odontology, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
J Periodontal Res 37:353-9. 2002b>Matrix metalloproteinase 8 (MMP 8) degrades type I collagen and may be involved in the pathogenesis of periodontitis. Latent MMP 8 is stored in neutrophil granules and can be activated when released extracellularly...
- Pharmacokinetics of liposomal cisplatin (lipoplatin) in combination with 5-FU in patients with advanced head and neck cancer: first results of a phase III studyC F Jehn
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik mit Schwerpunkt Onkologie und Hämatologie Charité, Campus Mitte, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Humboldt Universität zu Berlin Charitéplatz 1, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Anticancer Res 27:471-5. 2007..to lipoplatin (both in combination with infusional high-dose 5-Fluoruracil) in advanced head and neck cancer (HNC), a sub-study to determine the pharmacokinetic profile of lipoplatin in comparison to conventional cisplatin was ..
- Synthesis and reactivity of the aquation product of the antitumor complex trans-[Ru(III)Cl4(indazole)2]-Berta Cebrián-Losantos
Institute of Inorganic Chemistry, University of Vienna, Wahringerstr 42, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Inorg Chem 47:6513-23. 2008..Dissolution of 2 in acetonitrile or benzonitrile gave rise to mer,trans-[Ru(III)Cl3(Hind)(HNC(Me)ind)] (8a), mer,trans-[Ru(III)Cl3(Hind)(HNC(Ph)ind)] (8b), and trans,trans-[Ru(III)Cl2(HNC(Me)ind)2]Cl (9) in 67,..
- Gingival crevicular fluid and serum matrix metalloproteinase-8 and tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinase-1 levels in renal transplant patients undergoing different immunosuppressive therapyGulnur Emingil
Department of Periodontology, School of Dentistry, Ege University, Izmir, Turkey
J Clin Periodontol 35:221-9. 2008....
- Elective gastrostomy, nutritional status and quality of life in advanced head and neck cancer patients receiving chemoradiotherapyRandall P Morton
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Counties Manukau District Health Board, Manukau, New Zealand
ANZ J Surg 79:713-8. 2009Chemoradiotherapy for treatment of advanced head and neck cancer (HNC) is used to achieve organ preservation without compromising survival...
- Simultaneous methylation profiling of tumor suppressor genes in head and neck cancerZubeyde Yalniz
Department of Basic Oncology, Oncology Institute, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
DNA Cell Biol 30:17-24. 2011Head and neck cancer (HNC) is a common cancer, and its prognosis has not changed during the last decades...
- The 1.8-A crystal structure of a matrix metalloproteinase 8-barbiturate inhibitor complex reveals a previously unobserved mechanism for collagenase substrate recognitionH Brandstetter
Department of Structural Research, Max Planck Institute for Biochemistry, D 82152 Martinsried, Germany
J Biol Chem 276:17405-12. 2001..Based on the 1.8-A crystal structure of human neutrophil collagenase (MMP-8) in complex with an active site-directed inhibitor (RO200-1770), we identify and describe new ..
- Monitoring periodontal disease status in smokers and nonsmokers using a gingival crevicular fluid matrix metalloproteinase-8-specific chair-side testP Mäntylä
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Diseases, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
J Periodontal Res 41:503-12. 2006....
- Up-regulation of matrix metalloproteinase-8 by betel quid extract and arecoline and its role in 2D motilityShyun Yeu Liu
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Section, Chi Mei Medical Center, Tainan, Taiwan, ROC
Oral Oncol 43:1026-33. 2007..Furthermore, arecoline may be one of the positive MMP-8 regulators among BQ ingredients...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-8 facilitates neutrophil migration through the corneal stromal matrix by collagen degradation and production of the chemotactic peptide Pro-Gly-ProMichelle Lin
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106 7286, USA
Am J Pathol 173:144-53. 2008....
- Targeting epidermal growth factor receptor in head and neck cancer: lessons learned from cetuximabChulso Moon
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 235:907-20. 2010As early detection strategies have not been successful, most patients with head and neck cancer (HNC) present with advanced (stages III and IV) disease...
- Comparison of modified Celsior solution and M-kyoto solution for pancreas preservation in human islet isolationHirofumi Noguchi
Baylor All Saints Medical Center, Baylor Research Institute, Fort Worth, TX, USA
Cell Transplant 19:751-8. 2010..Modified Celsior (Celsior solution with hydroxyethyl starch and nafamostat mesilate; HNC) solution and modified Kyoto (MK) solution were compared for pancreas preservation prior to islet isolation...
- Chemical processing in the coma as the source of cometary HNCW M Irvine
Five College Radio Astronomy Observatory, University of Massachusetts, Amherst 01003, USA
Nature 393:547-50. 1998The discovery of hydrogen isocyanide (HNC) in comet Hyakutake with an abundance (relative to hydrogen cyanide, HCN) similar to that seen in dense interstellar clouds raised the possibility that these molecules might be surviving ..
- Management of salivary flow in head and neck cancer patients--a systematic reviewSteven R Bomeli
Department of Otolaryngology and Head Neck Surgery, University of Pittsburgh, Suite 500 EEI, 200 Lothrop Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Oral Oncol 44:1000-8. 2008Altered salivary flow is frequently observed as a result of head and neck cancer (HNC) treatment...
- Factors affecting matrix metalloproteinase-8 levels in the vaginal and cervical fluids in the first and second trimester of pregnancyLeena Rahkonen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Haartmaninkatu 2, 00029 Helsinki, Finland
Hum Reprod 24:2693-702. 2009..Matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs), particularly MMP-8, have been linked to inflammatory processes. We studied the concentrations of, and factors associated with, MMP-8 in the lower genital tract fluids in the first and second trimesters...
- Esophageal squamous cell cancer in patients with head and neck cancer: Prevalence of human papillomavirus DNA sequencesEthel Michele de Villiers
Division for the Characterization of Tumorviruses, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, Heidelberg, Germany
Int J Cancer 109:253-8. 2004An etiologic role for human papillomavirus (HPV) infections in either head and neck (HNC) or esophageal carcinogenesis remains debatable...
- [Intensity-modulated radiation therapy for head and neck cancers with bilateral irradiation of the neck : preliminary results]M Lapeyre
Unité de radiothérapie externe, Centre Alexis Vautrin, Departement de Radiotherapie, Avenue de Bourgogne, 54511 Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Cancer Radiother 8:134-47. 2004To report preliminary results of a prospective study of intensity-modulated radiotherapy (IMRT) for head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (HNC) with bilateral irradiation of the neck.
- Content comparison of quality of life questionnaires used in head and neck cancer based on the international classification of functioning, disability and health: a systematic reviewU Tschiesner
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 265:627-37. 2008..of frequently used questionnaires that assess health-related quality of life (hrQOL) in head and neck cancer (HNC) survivors...
- Can we predict which head and neck cancer survivors develop fears of recurrence?Carrie D Llewellyn
Division of Primary Care and Public Health, Brighton and Sussex Medical School, Brighton, UK
J Psychosom Res 65:525-32. 2008..this study were to investigate longitudinal predictors of fear of recurrence in survivors of head and neck cancer (HNC) using Leventhal's Common Sense Model (CSM) as a framework...
- Current evidence on the burden of head and neck cancers in NigeriaOpubo B da Lilly-Tariah
Department of Surgery, College of Health Sciences, University of Port Harcourt, Port Harcourt, Nigeria
Head Neck Oncol 1:14. 2009Head and neck cancers (HNC) constitute 5-8% of total body cancers in Europe and America. It is difficult to appreciate the problem of cancers in Nigeria because most studies available are hospital-based studies...
- PU.1 and the granulocyte- and macrophage colony-stimulating factor receptors play distinct roles in late-stage myeloid cell differentiationK L Anderson
The Burnham Institute, La Jolla, CA, USA
Blood 94:2310-8. 1999..expression of gp91(phox) and generation of superoxide, and expression of secondary granule genes for neutrophil collagenase and gelatinase. These studies reinforce the idea that availability of PU...
- Liposomal doxorubicin and conventionally fractionated radiotherapy in the treatment of locally advanced non-small-cell lung cancer and head and neck cancerM I Koukourakis
Departments of Radiotherapy and Oncology, Nuclear Medicine, and Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University Hospital of Iraklion, Crete, Greece
J Clin Oncol 17:3512-21. 1999..the feasibility of Stealth liposomal doxorubicin (Caelyx; ALZA Corporation) administered concurrently with conventionally fractionated radiotherapy in the treatment of non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) and head and neck cancer (HNC).
- Peptide substrate specificities and protein cleavage sites of human endometase/matrilysin-2/matrix metalloproteinase-26Hyun I Park
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry and Institute of Molecular Biophysics, Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida 32306 4390, USA
J Biol Chem 277:35168-75. 2002..only a 40-fold difference in K(i)(app) values against MMP-26 compared with a 250-fold difference against neutrophil collagenase, indicating that MMP-26 is less stereoselective for its inhibitors...
- The holistic nurse's search for credibilityLeighsa Sharoff
Hunter College School of Nursing, New York, NY 10010, USA
Holist Nurs Pract 20:12-9. 2006..For these participants, obtaining the HNC credential conveyed credibility and legitimacy.
- A singlet reference interation site model theory for solid/liquid interfaces Part II: Electrical double layersStefan Woelki
Institute of Analytical Chemistry, Chemo and Biosensors, University of Regensburg, D 93040 Regensburg, Germany
J Phys Chem B 112:3365-74. 2008..In combination with the HNC and KH closures, the equations are solved numerically for a 1 M electrolyte solution adjacent to a charged wall ..
- Elevated expression and activation of matrix metalloproteinase 8 in tear fluid in atopic blepharoconjunctivitisMarko Määttä
Clinic of Ophthalmology, Oulu University Central Hospital, Oulu, Finland
Cornea 27:297-301. 2008b>Matrix metalloproteinase 8 (MMP-8) is an effective collagenolytic enzyme that is associated with many ocular inflammatory diseases, such as uveitis, keratitis, and ocular rosacea...
- Marijuana smoking and the risk of head and neck cancer: pooled analysis in the INHANCE consortiumJulien Berthiller
Lifestyle, Environment and Cancer Group, IARC, 69008 Lyon, France
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 18:1544-51. 2009..to tobacco smoke and has been suggested by relatively small studies to increase the risk of head and neck cancer (HNC)...
- Collagenase expression and activity in the stromal cells from giant cell tumour of boneRobert W Cowan
Faculty of Health Sciences, McMaster University and the Juravinski Cancer Centre, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Bone 44:865-71. 2009..The spindle-like stromal cells from GCT may therefore actively participate in the bone destruction that is characteristic of the tumour...
- Theoretical study of solvent effects on the coil-globule transitionJames M Polson
Department of Physics, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Ave, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island C1A 4P3, Canada
J Chem Phys 130:244902. 2009..were employed, each distinguished by the closure relation used in its derivation: (i) a hypernetted-chain (HNC)-type potential and (ii) a Percus-Yevick (PY)-type potential...
- Time-dependent quantum wave-packet description of H and D atom tunneling in N-H and N-D photodissociation of methylamine and methylamine-d2Chen Levi
Department of Physics, Ben Gurion University, Beer Sheva 84105, Israel
J Chem Phys 131:064302. 2009..Two dimensional potential energy surfaces (PESs) of methylamine, presenting the N-H stretch and the HNC bend, were constructed employing multireference ab initio electronic-structure methods, allowing full description ..
- Protein solvation from theory and simulation: Exact treatment of Coulomb interactions in three-dimensional theoriesJohn S Perkyns
Department of Chemistry, University of Houston, Houston, Texas 77204 5003, USA
J Chem Phys 132:064106. 2010..We also compare closures including the Kovalenko-Hirata closure, the hypernetted-chain (HNC) and an approximate three-dimensional bridge function combined with the HNC closure...
- CD8+ T cell recognition of polymorphic wild-type sequence p53(65-73) peptides in squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neckPedro A Andrade Filho
Department of Otolaryngology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center and Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, USA
Cancer Immunol Immunother 59:1561-8. 2010..peptide were cross-reactive against T2 cells pulsed with either peptide, as well as HLA-A2(+) head and neck cancer (HNC) cell lines presenting p53(72P) and/or p53(72R) peptides for T cell recognition...
- Retrospective study of palliative radiotherapy in newly diagnosed head and neck carcinomaChristiaan M Stevens
Department of Radiation Oncology, Princess Margaret Hospital, University Health Network, and University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 81:958-63. 2011To examine the patterns of care, outcomes, and prognostic factors for patients with head-and-neck cancer (HNC) treated with palliative radiotherapy (RT).
- Comparison of physical examination and fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography/computed tomography 4-6 months after radiotherapy to assess residual head-and-neck cancerM Tracy Zundel
Department of Radiation Oncology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53045, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 81:e825-32. 2011To retrospectively compare fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography/computed tomography (PET/CT) and physical examination 4-6 months after radiotherapy for assessing residual head-and-neck cancer (HNC).
- The impact of late treatment-toxicity on generic health-related quality of life in head and neck cancer patients after radiotherapyBram L T Ramaekers
Department of Radiation Oncology MAASTRO, GROW School for Oncology and Developmental Biology, Maastricht University Medical Center, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Oral Oncol 47:768-74. 2011..late treatment-related xerostomia and dysphagia on health-related quality of life (HRQOL) in head and neck cancer (HNC) patients after radiotherapy. A multi-center cross-sectional survey was performed...
- Specific signaling molecule expression in periodontal ligaments in different age groups: pilot studyMaris Grzibovskis
Department of Orthodontics, Institute of Stomatology, Riga Stradins University, Riga, Latvia
Stomatologija 13:117-22. 2011..6), IL-8 (interleukin 8), MMP-1 (matrix metalloproteinase 1), MMP-2 (matrix metalloproteinase 2), MMP-8 (matrix metalloproteinase 8), MMP-9 (matrix metalloproteinase 9), MMP-13 (matrix metalloproteinase 13) in PDL of interradicular ..
- Content of matrix metalloproteinase-8 and matrix metalloproteinase-9 in oral fluid of patients with chronic generalized periodontitisN E Kushlinskii
Moscow State Medical Stomatological University, Russia
Bull Exp Biol Med 152:240-4. 2011..The depth of the periodontal pocket was shown to be the most reliable clinical sign for the state of periodontal tissues. A strong correlation was revealed between this criterion and MMP-9 content in oral fluid...
- Risk factors for multiple malignancies in the head and neckAlberto Deganello
First Clinic of Otolaryngology and Head Neck Surgery, University of Florence, Italy
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 149:105-11. 2013To define the prognostic role of multiple epidemiological, clinical, and biological factors for the development of multiple malignancies (MM) in patients with head and neck cancer (HNC).
- Effect of exercise training on functional capacity & quality of life in head & neck cancer patients receiving chemoradiotherapyStephen R Samuel
Department of Physiotherapy, Manipal College of Allied Health Sciences, Manipal University, Manipal, India
Indian J Med Res 137:515-20. 2013Patients with head and neck cancer (HNC) undergoing chemoradiotherapy (CRT) suffer from fatigue causing a decrease in functional capacity and quality of life (QoL)...
- TLR8 stimulation enhances cetuximab-mediated natural killer cell lysis of head and neck cancer cells and dendritic cell cross-priming of EGFR-specific CD8+ T cellsRyan M Stephenson
Department of Otolaryngology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Cancer Immunol Immunother 62:1347-57. 2013..growth factor receptor (EGFR) monoclonal antibody that prolongs survival in the treatment for head and neck cancer (HNC), but only in 10-20 % of patients...
- Critical weight loss is a major prognostic indicator for disease-specific survival in patients with head and neck cancer receiving radiotherapyJ A E Langius
Department of Nutrition and Dietetics, Internal Medicine, VU University Medical Center, PO Box 7057, 1007 MB Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Cancer 109:1093-9. 2013Pre-treatment weight loss (WL) is a prognostic indicator for overall survival (OS) in head and neck cancer (HNC) patients...
- Predictive value of pre-therapy (18)F-FDG PET/CT for the outcome of (18)F-FDG PET-guided radiotherapy in patients with head and neck cancerM Picchio
Nuclear Medicine, Scientific Institute San Raffaele, Via Olgettina, 60, 20132, Milan, Italy
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 41:21-31. 2014..role of pre-therapy fluorodeoxyglucose (FDG) uptake parameters of primary tumour in head and neck cancer (HNC) patients undergoing intensity-modulated radiotherapy (IMRT) with simultaneous integrated boost (SIB) on FDG-..
- Benefit of adjuvant interferon alfa-2b (IFN-α) therapy in melanoma patients with high serum MMP-8 levelsPia Vihinen
Department of Oncology and Radiotherapy, Turku University Hospital, POB 52, 20521, Turku, Finland
Cancer Immunol Immunother 64:173-80. 2015..58), and the presence of node metastases (HR 1.36; 95 % CI 1.17-1.58; P < 0.0001). In conclusion, patients with high serum MMP-8 levels may benefit from adjuvant IFN-α therapy, but this observation should be further investigated...
- Experimental and DFT studies on the aggregation behavior of imidazolium-based surface-active ionic liquids with aromatic counterions in aqueous solutionWenwen Xu
Key Laboratory of Colloid and Interface Chemistry, Shandong University, Ministry of Education, Jinan 250100, P R China
Langmuir 31:1272-82. 2015..interaction energy with a water molecule and the Sal(-) counterion presents a stronger electronegativity than the HNC(-) counterion...
- Second Primary Lung Cancer After Head and Neck Cancer: Implications for Screening Computed TomographyNitin A Pagedar
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 124:765-9. 2015..Some have postulated that a prior diagnosis of head and neck cancer (HNC) should also warrant lung cancer screening with CT, but no studies have demonstrated benefit in this population...
- Distress, concerns and unmet needs in survivors of head and neck cancer: a cross-sectional surveyM Wells
NMAHP Research Unit, Scion House, University of Stirling, Stirling, UK
Eur J Cancer Care (Engl) 24:748-60. 2015The aim of this study was to identify the distress, unmet needs and concerns of head and neck cancer (HNC) survivors in the first 5 years after treatment...
- Incidence, Trends and Ethnic Differences of Oropharyngeal, Anal and Cervical Cancers: Singapore, 1968-2012Jennifer O Lam
Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, United States of America
PLoS ONE 10:e0146185. 2015..368 anal non-squamous cell carcinoma (ANSCC) and 2,018 non-oropharyngeal head and neck carcinoma (non-OP HNC) cases were included as comparators...
- Thioredoxin fusion construct enables high-yield production of soluble, active matrix metalloproteinase-8 (MMP-8) in Escherichia coliM L McNiff
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, The University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS 66047, United States
Protein Expr Purif 122:64-71. 2016..SDS-PAGE, densitometry, mass spectrometry, circular dichroism spectroscopy and an activity assay were used to analyze the chemical integrity and function of the enzyme. ..
- Individualised mindfulness-based stress reduction for head and neck cancer patients undergoing radiotherapy of curative intent: a descriptive pilot studyA Pollard
Department of Clinical Psychology, Psychosocial Oncology, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Eur J Cancer Care (Engl) . 2016People with head and neck cancer (HNC) experience elevated symptom toxicity and co-morbidity as a result of treatment, which is associated with poorer psychosocial and quality-of-life (QoL) outcomes...
- Free radicals hasten head and neck cancer risk: A study of total oxidant, total antioxidant, DNA damage, and histological gradeA K Singh
Department of Surgical Oncology, Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India
J Postgrad Med 62:96-101. 2016..oxygen species (ROS), which induce oxidative stress, are the main contributors to head and neck carcinogenesis (HNC)...
- Early- or mid-trimester amniocentesis biomarkers for predicting preterm delivery: a meta-analysisYinglin Liu
a Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, P R China
Ann Med 49:1-10. 2017..To determine the value of early- or mid-trimester amniotic fluid levels of interleukin-6 (IL-6), matrix metalloproteinase-8 (MMP-8), and glucose for predicting preterm delivery...
- Short term ex-vivo expansion of circulating head and neck tumour cellsArutha Kulasinghe
The School of Biomedical Sciences, Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation, Queensland University of Technology, Kelvin Grove, QLD, Australia
Oncotarget 7:60101-60109. 2016Minimally invasive techniques are required for the identification of head and neck cancer (HNC) patients who are at an increased risk of metastasis, or are not responding to therapy...
- Toward a model-based patient selection strategy for proton therapy: External validation of photon-derived normal tissue complication probability models in a head and neck proton therapy cohortPierre Blanchard
Department of Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, USA Department of Radiation Oncology, Gustave Roussy Cancer Campus, Villejuif, France
Radiother Oncol 121:381-386. 2016To externally validate head and neck cancer (HNC) photon-derived normal tissue complication probability (NTCP) models in patients treated with proton beam therapy (PBT).
- Overview of the predictive value of quantitative 18 FDG PET in head and neck cancer treated with chemoradiotherapyJ Castelli
Radiotherapy Department, CHUV, Lausanne, Switzerland INSERM, U1099, Rennes, F 35000, France Université de Rennes 1, LTSI, Rennes, F 35000, France Electronic address
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 108:40-51. 2016..aims of this review were to report available evidences on the clinical value of quantitative PET/CT parameters in HNC. Forty-five studies, for a total of 2928 patients, were analyzed...
- Laryngeal tumours and radiotherapy dose to the cricopharyngeus are predictive of death from aspiration pneumoniaJolyne O'Hare
Department of Radiation Oncology, St George Hospital, Sydney, NSW, Australia Electronic address
Oral Oncol 64:9-14. 2017Aspiration pneumonia is an under-reported treatment sequelae following radiotherapy for head and neck cancer (HNC) patients. This study aims to investigate its incidence and risk factors in this population.
- MEASUREABLE EFFECTS IN HEAD AND NECK SURVIVORSBruce Campbell; Fiscal Year: 2000..This project will evaluate the quality of life in HNC survivors five years after diagnosis in order to explore address the following issues: 1) The relationship between ..
- A Novel Therapy for Radiation-Induced Xerostomia Using Human Salivary Stem CellsQUYNH THU XUAN LE; Fiscal Year: 2012..goal is to employ human salivary stem cells to rescue salivary function in irradiated head and neck cancer (HNC) patients. Most patients with HNC require radiation therapy (RT) to manage their disease...
- RRSS #08: Evaluating Prevalence HPV Infection Among Head and Neck Cancer PatientsDennis M Deapen; Fiscal Year: 2009Head and neck cancer (HNC) includes malignant tumors arising from a variety of sites in the upper aerodigestive tract (UADT), including the oral cavity, the pharynx, and the larynx...
- Steven R Buchman; Fiscal Year: 2016DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Head and neck cancers (HNC) impose a significant biomedical burden by accounting for over 8000 deaths and 50,000 new cases each year...
- Anti-tumor properties of curcumin in oral cancers: role of thioredoxin reductaseSTEPHEN WILLIAM TUTTLE; Fiscal Year: 2010..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: Head and neck cancers (HNC) are the sixth most common form of cancer worldwide, with over 500,000 new cases diagnosed annually...
- Robert L Ferris; Fiscal Year: 2014..mAb), cetuximab, is effective therapy only for a subset of advanced head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (HNC). Thus, there is a need to understand why clinical responses vary between individuals...
- Development of a canine model of radiotherapy induced oral mucositisDorothy C Brown; Fiscal Year: 2010..Up to 90% of patients with head and neck cancer (HNC) receiving radiotherapy (RT) will develop OM...
- The Fibrosis-Lymphedema Continuum in Head and Neck CancerSheila H Ridner; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Aggressive treatment for head and neck cancer (HNC) has improved survival rates. This improvement comes with a marked increase in acute and late-effects of treatment...
- Food and Eating Behaviors of Head and Neck Cancer PatientsJulie L Locher; Fiscal Year: 2013..to the evidence on which the nutritional management of patients undergoing treatment for head and neck cancer (HNC) can be based...
- Prevention of Depression in Patients Being Treated for Head and Neck CancerWilliam J Burke; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Treatment for head and neck cancer (HNC) is arduous and debilitating. As a result, up to 40% of patients develop depression which is rarely recognized or treated...
- Canhua Xiao; Fiscal Year: 2014..the research focusing on understanding the biological mechanism of fatigue in patients with head and neck cancer (HNC) receiving radiotherapy (RT)...
- Acupuncture for Dysphagia after Chemoradiation for Head and Neck CancerWeidong Lu; Fiscal Year: 2011..Dysphagia is a common side effect following chemoradiation therapy (CRT) in patients with head and neck cancer (HNC). It occurs in up to 50% of patients post CRT and results in poor general health and poor quality of life (QOL)...
- Imaging and Modifying Hypoxia in Head and Neck Squamous Cell TumorsSydney M Evans; Fiscal Year: 2013..by applicant): The observation that hypoxia is a major cause of treatment resistance in head and neck cancer (HNC) has been well established for almost a decade...
- Spousal Support, Emotional Disclosure, and Adjustment to Head and Neck CancerHODA J BADR; Fiscal Year: 2012..cognitive processing, relationship satisfaction, and quality of life (QOL) in patients with head and neck cancer (HNC) and their spouses. Specific aims are to: (1) examine associations between couples'communication styles (e.g...
- Long-term outcomes of head and neck cancer patientsGerry Funk; Fiscal Year: 2009DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant) This study will evaluate 5-year outcomes in patients with head and neck cancer (HNC) using the Outcomes Assessment Study (OAS), a project initiated in 1995 at the University of Iowa to collect health ..
- Sheila H Ridner; Fiscal Year: 2014DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Aggressive multimodality treatments for head and neck cancer (HNC) have improved survival rates...
- Head and Neck Cancer Risk Prediction ModelYuan Chin Amy Lee; Fiscal Year: 2013..for a large proportion of cases in Latin America (83%) and Europe (84%) but only 51% of head and neck cancer (HNC) cases in the United States...
- Neutrophil Collagenase in Sepsis and Ventilator Induced Lung InjuryA Murat Kaynar; Fiscal Year: 2013..In this proposal, we will study a key molecule, namely matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-8 in mouse models of sepsis, acute lung injury and the possible injury inflicted by the use of mechanical ventilation. ..
- Vitamin D Pharmacogenetic Epidemiology and Head and Neck Cancer SurvivorshipGEOFFREY contact LIU; Fiscal Year: 2010..Term Goals and Relevance to NCI Mission: The relationship between vitamin D and long-term head and neck cancer (HNC) outcomes has not been studied comprehensively...
- NIKOLA LAZAR VUJANOVIC; Fiscal Year: 2015..Using this assay, we have demonstrated that head and neck cancer (HNC) contains significantly higher levels ADAM10sa/17sa than normal oral mucosa...
- LUBOMIR TUREK; Fiscal Year: 2014..with most, if not all, carcinomas of the uterine cervix, many anogenital cancers and ~25% of head and neck cancers (HNC). HR HPV type 16 is the most common HPV;it also is found in 90 to 95% of HPV-positive HNCs...
- Matrix Metalloproteinase-8 in Obliterative Bronchiolitis Post Lung TransplantMeera Subramaniam; Fiscal Year: 2010..This work will clarify the role of MMP-8 in the pathophysiology of OB and may suggest new insights into MMP-8-blockade as a novel therapeutic target to ameliorate OB. ..
- Testing Fish Oil Derivatives in Healing of Chronic Venous Leg UlcersJODI CHRISTINE MCDANIEL; Fiscal Year: 2013..If the three corollaries of our organizing hypothesis are supported, a full scale clinical trial evaluating the effects of EPA+DHA supplementation on cellular and molecular mechanisms of wound healing in CVLU patients will be proposed. ..
- Role of C/EBPepsilon in myeloid differentiationStephanie Halene; Fiscal Year: 2010..The appearance of the secondary granule proteins (SGP) lactoferrin (LF), transcobalamin I (TCI), neutrophil collagenase (NC) and neutrophil gelatinase (NG) marks the commitment to terminal neutrophil differentiation...
- Risk Factor Differences by HPV Serology and Tumor DNA Among INHANCE ParticipantsElaine M Smith; Fiscal Year: 2012..established by NCI/IARC in response to limitations in research of rare tumors, including head and neck cancer (HNC) and its subsites...
- Michael E Shy; Fiscal Year: 2016..To address these issues, we have created the Hereditary Neuropathy Consortium (HNC), a collection of clinical researchers with demonstrated expertise in CMT...
- Immune Escape in Human Cancer: Mechanisms and Therapeutic ImplicationsTheresa L Whiteside; Fiscal Year: 2010..Project 1, spontaneous apoptosis of circulating tumor-specific CD8+ T cells will be investigated in patients with HNC or melanoma...
- Eileen H Shinn; Fiscal Year: 2015DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): While head and neck cancer (HNC) is highly curable, primary radiation treatment (RT) is nonetheless challenging...
- Novel Chimeric RNA Aptamer Technology to Treat Head and Neck CancerALOYSIUS JOHN contact KLINGELHUTZ; Fiscal Year: 2010Head and neck cancer (HNC) continues to be a major cause of death and disfigurement, and therapies for HNC have not improved significantly in the last several decades...
- Deborah J Jones; Fiscal Year: 2016..for technology to influence service-delivery of one evidence-based BPT program, "Helping the Noncompliant Child" (HNC), to low-income families of youth with DBD...
- Andra E Duncan; Fiscal Year: 2014..The hyperinsulinemic normoglycemic clamp (HNC) provides exogenous glucose while normalizing blood glucose, which is expected to provide beneficial effects by ..
- PROTEASE MODULATING WOUND DRESSINGS FOR THE TREATMENT OF VENOUS ULCERSDAVID VACHON; Fiscal Year: 2006..from the wound, and also add a low-dose metalloproteinase inhibitor (antibiotic) that will block some amount of these noxious wound factors known to impede healing, specifically neutrophil collagenase (MMP-8). [unreadable] [unreadable]
- Heiko Schoder; Fiscal Year: 2014..g. HNC) because the local control in NSCLC is comparatively low...
- BIOSENSOR FOR DIAGNOSIS OF PERIODONTAL DISEASESBill Colston; Fiscal Year: 2001..Many studies have associated active neutrophil collagenase with tissue destruction and have implicated polymorphonuclear leukocytes as being an important, if not the ..
- IGF::OT::IGF RADIATION MODULATORS FOR HEAD AND NECK CANCER.GIJSBERTUS PRONK; Fiscal Year: 2013The long-term goal of this proposal is to discover and develop small molecule drugs against Head and Neck Cancers (HNC). The focus is on drug candidates that target processes critical for repopulation after radiation treatment...
- Telephone Counseling for Head and Neck CancerKristin Kilbourn; Fiscal Year: 2006..Head and neck cancer (HNC) patients may also experience generalized treatment side-effects such as fatigue, nausea, and skin reactions...
- PEPTIDE INHIBITORS OF EXTRACELLULAR MATRIX PROTEASESTHOMAS VANAMAN; Fiscal Year: 1993..collagenase (most active against type III collagen), human skin fibroblast type IV collagenase, and human neutrophil collagenase (most active against type I collagen)...
- Impaired Tumoricidal Activity Of DCs in HNC PatientsNikola Vujanovic; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our preliminary studies indicate that DCs of HNC patients have decreased cell surface expression of TNFfLs and impaired anticancer apoptotic activity...
- QOL & LENT IN SURVIVORS OF HEAD & NECK/PROSTATE CANCERCharles Scott; Fiscal Year: 2000..1. Define the issues surrounding the late effects from therapy in long-term survivors of HNC and prostate cancer patients...
- GENETIC EPIDEMIOLOGY AND MECHANISMS IN ORAL CANCERElaine Smith; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Transcripitonal and Genetic Profiles in HNSCCsElaine Smith; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- International Collaborative HNC ResearchElaine Smith; Fiscal Year: 2007unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Head and neck cancer (HNC) is the 6 most prevalent cancer in the developed world and is associated with low survival (50%) and high recurrence (30%) rates...
- Defining Molecular Markers for Tumor HypoxiaQUYNH THU XUAN LE; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Functional Infrared Imaging Predicts Radiation MucositisEzra Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2008unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Many patients with locally advanced head and neck cancer (HNC) will be treated with curative intent chemoradiotherapy (CRT)...
- Hospice Pain Control: Developing an Opioid Order SheetBarbara Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2006..Once the modifications lave been made, we will conduct a pilot study to assess feasibility, utility and efficacy of the order sheet in the outpatient hospice setting. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Rapamycin as an Antineoplastic AgentEzra Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2006..At the conclusion of the trial RAPA toxicity and effect on p-S6K will be defined over a range of doses as well as the MTD for use in future studies that will develop this agent. ..
- Oral Health Outcomes of Early Childhood MalnutritionWalter Psoter; Fiscal Year: 2006..Given the universality of PEM pathophysiology, this study's findings will be generalizable to subsets of U.S. children having 9 oral health disparities. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- NFKB DEFECT AND APOPTOSIS IN T CELLS OF CANCER PATIENTSJames Finke; Fiscal Year: 2003..This assessment will also involve an analysis of select anti-apoptotic genes. These studies should assess whether the defect in NFkappaB and AICD sensitivity are linked and relate to patient outcome. ..
- DNA-Based Vaccines for Oral CarcnomaTheresa Whiteside; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Management of Mucositis with GM-CSFMarylin Dodd; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract not provided ..
- Oral Health in People with Systemic SclerosisHon Yuen; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- T CELL UNRESPONSIVENESS IN HUMAN TUMORSJames Finke; Fiscal Year: 2007..This will involve defining the effect that sensitizing gangliosides have on mitochondrial stability. A better understanding of immune dysfunction may lead to ways in which to improve anti-tumor immunity. ..
- EXERCISE--AN INTERVENTION FOR FATIGUE IN CANCER PATIENTSMarylin Dodd; Fiscal Year: 2003..The findings of this study will greatly assist in building this knowledge base. ..
- Genetic Predictors for DNA Repair Phenotype in CMMQingyi Wei; Fiscal Year: 2008..When the combined NER genotype representing genetic susceptibility to CMM is identified and is confirmed in the general population, it may have a significant impact on primary prevention of CMM. ..
- Immunogenetics of Cervical Cancer A Family-Based DesignStephen Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2005..The proposed study will contribute to our understanding of the role of immune response and genetics in invasive cervical cancer etiology, both of which may have a direct impact on vaccine development. ..
- Clinical Trials of FTI RadiosensitizationStephen Hahn; Fiscal Year: 2005..Specific molecular markers that are associated with activation of the Ras signaling pathway will be measured in NSCLC tumor biopsy specimens and will be related to the clinical efficacy of R115777 and radiotherapy. ..
- The Impact of Lymphedema on Overall and Local FunctioningMarylin Dodd; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Oral HPV Infection in HIV-Infected Men and WomenMaura Gillison; Fiscal Year: 2008..This proposal has the potential to yield information important for future efforts at primary prevention and early detection of HPV-HNSCC. ..
- Molecular Targets for Drug and Radiation SensitivityStephen Hahn; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- HUMAN MONOCLONAL ANTIBODIES TO STUDY AND TREAT HIVMarshall Posner; Fiscal Year: 2003..We will also study long term non-progressors and early progressors to assess the relationship of antibody to intact PI virions to control of disease as a basis for larger more powerful evaluations. ..
- Effects of altering TGF beta signaling on wound healingXiao Jing Wang; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- PPAR gamma Signaling and Lung Fibroblast TransdifferentiationVirender Rehan; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Role of TGF beta Signaling in skin carcinogenesisXiao Jing Wang; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- MOLECULAR EPIDEMIOLOGY OF TESTICULAR CARCINOMAStephen Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2009..The findings from this study will add new information regarding the epidemiology and etiology of TGCC, and will serve as a resource for future investigations of the interplay of genetic and non-genetic factors in these malignancies. ..
- ORAL CANCER--DNA POLYMORPHISMS IN CARCINOGEN METABOLISMStephen Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- COMMON VARIANTS IN CANDIDATE GENES AND PREMATURE MI RISKStephen Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- PROGNOSTIC BIOMARKERS FOR HEAD AND NECK CANCERK Ang; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Functional Mechanisms of Antibody Inhibition of HIV-1Marshall Posner; Fiscal Year: 2008..Long-term objectives will be to select constructs from in vitro testing for further testing in non-human primate models of prevention and therapeutics. ..
- Persistent Organochlorines and Testicular Cancer RiskStephen Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results should add significant new information to our understanding of the role of environmental contaminants to the pathogenesis of TGCC. ..
- Ganglioside Regulation of NFkbeta and ApoptosisJames Finke; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies will provide insight into how gangliosides inhibit NFKB and survival gene expression, leading to increased T cell sensitivity to apoptosis. ..
- Mechanisms of MMP-3 Action in Acute Lung InjuryJames Varani; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies will provide an overall understanding of the mechanism(s) by which MMP-3 contributes to acute lung injury. ..
- Social Anxiety After Treatment for Head and Neck CancerKirsten Haman; Fiscal Year: 2005People surviving head and neck cancer (HNC) face many obstacles to good quality of life. One such obstacle is social avoidance...