Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MMP-7
Description: matrix metallopeptidase 7
Alias: MMP-7, MPSL1, PUMP-1, matrilysin, matrin, matrix metallopeptidase 7 (matrilysin, uterine), matrix metalloproteinase 7 (matrilysin, uterine), matrix metalloproteinase-7, pump-1 protease, uterine matrilysin, uterine metalloproteinase
Publications203 found, 100 shown here
- Degradation of soluble VEGF receptor-1 by MMP-7 allows VEGF access to endothelial cellsTa Kashi Ito
Laboratory of Cancer Biology, Department of Integrated Biosciences, Graduate School of Frontier Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Chiba, Japan
Blood 113:2363-9. 2009..These data suggest that VEGF escapes the sequestration by endothelial sVEGFR-1 and promotes angiogenesis in the presence of MMP-7...
- The influence of transforming growth factor-α, cyclooxygenase-2, matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-7, MMP-9 and CXCR4 proteins involved in epithelial-mesenchymal transition on overall survival of patients with gastric cancerMarcello Ferretti Fanelli
Fundacao Antonio Prudente, Hospital do Cancer A C Camargo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Histopathology 61:153-61. 2012....
- Current evidence on associations between the MMP-7 (-181A>G) polymorphism and digestive system cancer riskPan Ke
Department of General Surgery, Xiang Ya 2nd Hospital, Central South University, Chang Sha, Hunan, China
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 14:2269-72. 2013..26, 95% CI=1.02-1.51), and dominant model (GG/GA vs. AA, OR=1.18, 95% CI=1.08-1.55). Our findings suggest that the MMP-7 (-181A>G) polymorphism may be a risk factor for digestive system cancer, especially among Asian populations...
- Metalloproteinase-1, metalloproteinase-7, and p53 immunoexpression and their correlation with clinicopathological prognostic factors in colorectal adenocarcinomaBenicio L B B P Nunes
Coloproctology Service, Hospital Santa Casa de Misericórdia de Maceió, Alagoas, Brazil
Int J Biol Markers 24:156-64. 2009..The aim of this study was to analyze the immunoexpression of metalloproteinase-1, metalloproteinase-7, and p53 in colorectal adenocarcinoma, and to correlate this with clinicopathological prognostic factors...
- [Change of matrix metalloproteinase-1 and matrix metalloproteinase-7 in serum and bronchoalveolar lavage fluid of patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis and sarcoidosis]Le fei Zhou
Institute of Respiratory Disease, First Affiliated Hospital, China Medical University, Shenyang 110001, China
Zhonghua Jie He He Hu Xi Za Zhi 33:441-4. 2010....
- Matrix metalloproteinases 2, 7, and 9 and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-1 in tumors and serum of patients with ovarian neoplasmsE S Gershtein
N N Blokhin Cancer Research Center, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Moscow, Russia
Bull Exp Biol Med 149:628-31. 2010....
- MMP-7 (-181A>G) promoter polymorphisms and risk for cervical cancerHariom Singh
Department of Genetics, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow 226014, India
Gynecol Oncol 110:71-5. 2008Matrix metalloproteinase (MMP-7) is a secreted matrilysin, which contributes to tumor progression through breakdown of basement membranes and angiogenesis...
- Activin A enhances MMP-7 activity via the transcription factor AP-1 in an esophageal squamous cell carcinoma cell lineKeiji Yoshinaga
Department of Molecular and Surgical Oncology, Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, Beppu, Japan
Int J Oncol 33:453-9. 2008..Moreover, the expression of c-Jun was increased in Act-betaA transfectants. These results indicate that activin A may modulate the expression of MMP-7 via AP-1 and not through Smad2/3...
- Catecholamine up-regulates MMP-7 expression by activating AP-1 and STAT3 in gastric cancerMing Shi
Department of Molecular Immunology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Beijing 100850, PR China
Mol Cancer 9:269. 2010....
- Molecular characterization of a low-molecular-mass matrix metalloproteinase secreted by glomerular mesangial cells as PUMP-1H P Marti
Department of Medicine, San Francisco VAMC University of California, San Francisco 94121
Biochem J 285:899-905. 1992..Mesangial synthesis of PUMP-1 may contribute to the progression of injury during glomerular inflammatory states...
- Brevican is degraded by matrix metalloproteinases and aggrecanase-1 (ADAMTS4) at different sitesH Nakamura
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, Keio University, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 0016, Japan
J Biol Chem 275:38885-90. 2000....
- HIV-1 Tat neurotoxicity is prevented by matrix metalloproteinase inhibitorsJ B Johnston
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, University of Calgary, Canada
Ann Neurol 49:230-41. 2001..005). These findings indicate that Tat causes neuronal death through an indirect mechanism that is Tat sequence dependent and involves the induction of MMPs...
- Beta-catenin-sensitive isoforms of lymphoid enhancer factor-1 are selectively expressed in colon cancerK Hovanes
Microbiology and Molecular Genetics Department, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, California, USA
Nat Genet 28:53-7. 2001....
- Serum matrix metalloproteinase 7 levels identifies poor prognosis advanced colorectal cancer patientsJoan Maurel
Medical Oncology Service, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, Hospital Clinic, CIBERehd Universitat de Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Int J Cancer 121:1066-71. 2007..In conclusion, MMP-7 is an independent prognostic factor for survival in advanced CRC. In our sample, the risk of death associated to MMP-7 increase is much higher than the risk of death associated to lactate dehydrogenase elevation...
- Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 moderates airway re-epithelialization by regulating matrilysin activityPeter Chen
Center for Lung Biology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Am J Pathol 172:1256-70. 2008..Furthermore, in a mouse model of OB, airway obliteration is reduced in TIMP-1-deficient mice. Matrilysin (matrix metallproteinase-7) is essential for airway epithelial repair and is required for the re-..
- Role of PTEN and MMP-7 expression in growth, invasion, metastasis and angiogenesis of gastric carcinomaHua Chuan Zheng
The 4th Laboratory, Cancer Institute, The First Affiliated Hospital of China Medical University, Shenyang, China
Pathol Int 53:659-66. 2003..Close correlation between PTEN on MMP-7 expression provided a novel insight into the regulatory effects of PTEN on MMP-7 expression in gastric carcinoma...
- Expression of heparanase gene, CD44v6, MMP-7 and nm23 protein and their relationship with the invasion and metastasis of gastric carcinomasJun qiang Chen
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, Guangdong Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 10:776-82. 2004..To explore the expression of heparanase gene, CD44v6, MMP-7 and nm23 proteins in human gastric carcinoma as well as their relationship with the clinicopathological factors...
- (-)-Epigallocatechin-3-gallate promotes pro-matrix metalloproteinase-7 production via activation of the JNK1/2 pathway in HT-29 human colorectal cancer cellsMihye Kim
Division of Food Science and Biotechnology, Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8502, Japan
Carcinogenesis 26:1553-62. 2005Matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-7 (matrilysin-1) plays significant roles in the growth, invasion, and metastasis of colorectal tumors, while (-)-epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG), a green tea polyphenol with chemopreventive properties, has ..
- Achaete-scute homolog-1 linked to remodeling and preneoplasia of pulmonary epitheliumXiao Yang Wang
Cell and Cancer Biology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Lab Invest 87:527-39. 2007..The collective results suggest a novel model of BOA formation via hASH1-induced suppression of the apoptotic pathway. Our study yields a promising new preclinical tool for chemoprevention of peripheral lung carcinomas...
- Overexpression of matrix metalloproteinase-7 (MMP-7) correlates with tumor proliferation, and a poor prognosis in non-small cell lung cancerDaGe Liu
Second Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Kagawa University, 1750 1 Miki cho, Kita gun, Kagawa 761 0793, Japan
Lung Cancer 58:384-91. 2007..We performed a retrospective study on the MMP-7 expression in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) according to the clinical characteristics, biological markers and the Wnt1 expression...
- Matrilysin inhibits proliferation and modulates sensitivity of lung cancer cells to FasL-mediated apoptosisHui Liu
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care, The Third Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat Sen University, No 600, Tianhe Street, Guangzhou, 510630, China
Med Oncol 25:419-30. 2008Matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) family member MMP-7 (matrilysin) cleaves various cell-surface proteins to alter their effector functions in addition to a broad substrate specificity against extracellular matrix components...
- Clinicopathological significance of the gene expression of matrix metalloproteinase-7, insulin-like growth factor-1, insulin-like growth factor-2 and insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor in patients with colorectal cancer: insulin-like growth factor-1 reTakashi Oshima
Yokohama City University Medical Center, Gastroenterological Center, Kanagawa ken 232 0024, Japan
Oncol Rep 20:359-64. 2008..IGF-1R gene expression is thus considered a useful predictor of liver metastasis from colorectal cancer...
- Genetic polymorphisms in the MMP-7 gene and breast cancer survivalAlicia Beeghly-Fadiel
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt Epidemiology Center, Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37203 1738, USA
Int J Cancer 124:208-14. 2009..9) and TT (OS HR: 0.3, 95% CI: 0.1-0.8) fared better than patients with AA (p-value for trend: 0.001). Thus, common MMP-7 genetic polymorphisms were found to be significant determinants of survival among Chinese women with breast cancer...
- Expression of MMP-7, MMP-9, TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 mRNA in lung tissue of patients with non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) and benign pulmonary diseaseJ Safranek
Departments of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine in Pilsen, Charles University in Prague, University Hospital in Pilsen, Czech Republic
Anticancer Res 29:2513-7. 2009....
- MMP-7 mediates cleavage of N-cadherin and promotes smooth muscle cell apoptosisHelen Williams
Bristol Heart Institute, University of Bristol, Bristol Royal Infirmary, Research Floor Level 7, Upper Maudlin St, Bristol BS2 8HW, UK
Cardiovasc Res 87:137-46. 2010..We previously showed that cell-cell contacts mediated by N-cadherin reduce VSMC apoptosis. This study aimed to determine whether matrix-degrading metalloproteinase (MMP)-dependent N-cadherin cleavage causes VSMC apoptosis...
- Elevated serum matrix metalloproteinase 7 levels predict poor prognosis after radical prostatectomyTibor Szarvas
Department of Urology, University Hospital of Essen, University of Duisburg Essen, Essen, Germany
Int J Cancer 128:1486-92. 2011..In clinically localized prostate cancer, MMP-7 may provide independent prognostic information, thereby helping to optimize therapy decisions...
- Dimerumic acid inhibits SW620 cell invasion by attenuating H₂O₂-mediated MMP-7 expression via JNK/C-Jun and ERK/C-Fos activation in an AP-1-dependent mannerBing Ying Ho
Department of Surgery, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Int J Biol Sci 7:869-80. 2011..Our data suggest that DMA may be useful in minimizing the development of colorectal metastasis. In the future, DMA supplementation may be a beneficial antioxidant to enhance surgical outcomes...
- Antisense oligonucleotide targeting matrix metalloproteinase-7 (MMP-7) changes the ultrastructure of human A549 lung adenocarcinoma cellsBo Yang
Department of Oncology, Wuhan General Hospital of Guangzhou Command PLA, 627 Wuluo Road, Wuhan, P R China
Ultrastruct Pathol 35:256-9. 2011..Collectively, the findings identified the morphological mechanism that MMP-7 ASODN inhibited proliferation and invasion in A549 cells...
- Purification and characterization of extracellular matrix-degrading metalloproteinase, matrin (pump-1), secreted from human rectal carcinoma cell lineK Miyazaki
Kihara Institute for Biological Research, Yokohama City University, Kanagawa, Japan
Cancer Res 50:7758-64. 1990..Based on the fact that this enzyme is secreted extracellularly and degrades the matrix proteins, we propose the name "matrin" for this newly identified enzyme.
- Pump-1 cDNA codes for a protein with characteristics similar to those of classical collagenase family membersB Quantin
Laboratoire de Genetique Moleculaire des Eucaryotes du CNRS, Strasbourg, France
Biochemistry 28:5327-34. 1989..On the basis of this observation, its size, and its substrate specificity, we suggest that pump-1 might correspond to a previously described uterine metalloproteinase, matrix metalloproteinase 7.
- Matrix metalloproteinase 7 (matrilysin) from human rectal carcinoma cells. Activation of the precursor, interaction with other matrix metalloproteinases and enzymic propertiesK Imai
Department of Molecular Immunology and Pathology, Kanazawa University, Japan
J Biol Chem 270:6691-7. 1995b>Matrix metalloproteinase 7 (MMP-7) has been purified as an inactive zymogen of M(r) 28,000 (proMMP-7) from the culture medium of CaR-1 human rectal carcinoma cells...
- Matrilysin is much more efficient than other matrix metalloproteinases in the proteolytic inactivation of alpha 1-antitrypsinU I Sires
Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, Jewish Hospital, St Louis, MO 63110
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 204:613-20. 1994..In this report, we describe the catalytic effects of matrilysin, a recently identified metalloproteinase, upon alpha 1-antitrypsin...
- Degradation of decorin by matrix metalloproteinases: identification of the cleavage sites, kinetic analyses and transforming growth factor-beta1 releaseK Imai
Department of Molecular Immunology and Pathology, Cancer Research Institute, Kanazawa University, 13 1 Takara machi, Kanazawa, Ishikawa 920, Japan
Biochem J 322:809-14. 1997..metalloproteinases (MMPs): MMP-1 (tissue collagenase), MMP-2 (gelatinase A), MMP-3 (stromelysin 1), MMP-7 (matrilysin) and MMP-9 (gelatinase B). MMP-2 and MMP-3 digest DCN into seven major fragments in a similar pattern...
- Angiostatin-converting enzyme activities of human matrilysin (MMP-7) and gelatinase B/type IV collagenase (MMP-9)B C Patterson
Department of Chemistry, Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida 32306 4390, USA
J Biol Chem 272:28823-5. 1997..Here we demonstrate that two members of the human matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) family, matrilysin (MMP-7) and gelatinase B/type IV collagenase (MMP-9), hydrolyze human plasminogen to generate angiostatin ..
- Accumulation of matrilysin (MMP-7) and macrophage metalloelastase (MMP-12) in actinic damageU Saarialho-Kere
Department of Dermatology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Finland
J Invest Dermatol 113:664-72. 1999..and in situ hybridization, we have studied the localization of two elastolytic matrix metalloproteinases, matrilysin (matrix metalloproteinase-7) and human macrophage metalloelastase (matrix metalloproteinase-12) in solar damage...
- Osteopontin, a novel substrate for matrix metalloproteinase-3 (stromelysin-1) and matrix metalloproteinase-7 (matrilysin)R Agnihotri
Center for Molecular Medicine, Maine Medical Center Research Institute, Scarborough, Maine 04074, USA
J Biol Chem 276:28261-7. 2001..We report that OPN is a novel substrate for two MMPs, MMP-3 (stromelysin-1) and MMP-7 (matrilysin). Three cleavage sites were identified for MMP-3 in human OPN, and two of those sites were also cleaved by MMP-7...
- Allele-specific regulation of matrix metalloproteinase-7 promoter activity is associated with coronary artery luminal dimensions among hypercholesterolemic patientsS Jormsjö
Atherosclerosis Research Unit, King Gustaf V Research Institute, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institute, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 21:1834-9. 2001....
- Matrix metalloproteinase-7 expression in colorectal cancer liver metastases: evidence for involvement of MMP-7 activation in human cancer metastasesZhao Shi Zeng
Colorectal Service, Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Clin Cancer Res 8:144-8. 2002..The aim of this study is to examine the MMP-7 expression in the human colorectal cancer (CRC) liver metastases and normal liver tissue using multiple techniques and to determine its association with liver metastases formation...
- CD44 anchors the assembly of matrilysin/MMP-7 with heparin-binding epidermal growth factor precursor and ErbB4 and regulates female reproductive organ remodelingWei Hsuan Yu
Molecular Pathology Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, and Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02129, USA
Genes Dev 16:307-23. 2002..We demonstrate here that CD44 heparan sulfate proteoglycan (CD44HSPG) recruits proteolytically active matrix metalloproteinase 7 (matrilysin, MMP-7) and heparin-binding epidermal growth factor precursor (pro-HB-EGF) to form a complex ..
- Prognostic significance of matrix metalloproteinase-7 (MMP-7) expression at the invasive front in gastric carcinomaXiu Ping Liu
Department of Pathology, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, Ube, Yamaguchi 755 8505, Japan
Jpn J Cancer Res 93:291-5. 2002..12; P = 0.0019, RR = 2.67, respectively). Our findings indicated that expression of MMP-7 at the invasive front is closely associated with local invasiveness, and might be a reliable prognostic marker for patients with gastric carcinoma...
- Gene expression analysis reveals matrilysin as a key regulator of pulmonary fibrosis in mice and humansFengrong Zuo
Roche Bioscience, Palo Alto, CA 94304 Functional Genomics, and Institute of Respiratory Medicine, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, 52621 Israel
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:6292-7. 2002..Using a combined set of scoring systems we determined that matrilysin (matrix metalloproteinase 7), a metalloprotease not previously associated with pulmonary fibrosis, was the most informative ..
- Identification of novel matrix metalloproteinase-7 (matrilysin) cleavage sites in murine and human Fas ligandTracy Vargo-Gogola
Department of Cancer Biology, Vanderbilt University, 736 PRB 23rd and Pierce, Nashville, TN 37232 6840, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 408:155-61. 2002..We conclude that the controversy regarding the biological activity of sFasL may be explained, in part, by the generation of distinct forms of sFasL as a result of cleavage at specific sequences...
- Matrilysin (matrix metalloproteinase-7) mediates E-cadherin ectodomain shedding in injured lung epitheliumJohn K McGuire
Department of Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, USA
Am J Pathol 162:1831-43. 2003b>Matrilysin (matrix metalloproteinase-7) is highly expressed in lungs of patients with pulmonary fibrosis and other conditions associated with airway and alveolar injury...
- Stimulation of MMP-7 (matrilysin) by Helicobacter pylori in human gastric epithelial cells: role in epithelial cell migrationLydia E Wroblewski
Physiological Laboratory, University of Liverpool, Liverpool L69 3BX, UK
J Cell Sci 116:3017-26. 2003Epithelial cell responses to bacterial infection include induction of matrix metalloproteinase 7 (MMP-7)...
- Comprehensive analysis of matrix metalloproteinase and tissue inhibitor expression in pancreatic cancer: increased expression of matrix metalloproteinase-7 predicts poor survivalLucie E Jones
Department of Surgery, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
Clin Cancer Res 10:2832-45. 2004..To enable the design of improved inhibitors of matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) for the treatment of pancreatic cancer, the expression profiles of a range of MMPs and tissue inhibitors of MMPs (TIMPs) were determined...
- Expression spectra of matrix metalloproteinases in metastatic non-small cell lung cancerTorng Sen Lin
Department of Surgery, Chang Hua Christian Hospital, and Institute of Medicine, Chang Shan Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan
Oncol Rep 12:717-23. 2004..Therefore, it should be worth determining MMP expression pattern as a regimen reference for NSCLC patients who were scheduled to receive MMP inhibitor, which was class-specific, as adjuvant therapeutic agent...
- Matrilysin (MMP-7) promotes invasion of ovarian cancer cells by activation of progelatinaseFeng Qiang Wang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Int J Cancer 114:19-31. 2005Although matrilysin (MMP-7) is overexpressed in various malignancies, few studies have evaluated its role in epithelial ovarian cancer (EOC) invasion and metastasis...
- The functional polymorphism in the matrix metalloproteinase-7 promoter increases susceptibility to esophageal squamous cell carcinoma, gastric cardiac adenocarcinoma and non-small cell lung carcinomaJianhui Zhang
Hebei Cancer Institute, Hebei Medical University, Jiankanglu 12, Shijiazhuang 050011, Hebei Province, China
Carcinogenesis 26:1748-53. 2005....
- Targeting matrilysin and its impact on tumor growth in vivo: the potential implications in breast cancer therapyWen G Jiang
Metastasis and Angiogenesis Research Group, Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff University, Cardiff, United Kingdom
Clin Cancer Res 11:6012-9. 2005b>Matrilysin (MMP-7) is a metalloproteinase that is involved in the degradation of extracellular matrix, invasion, and tumor progression...
- Polymorphisms in the promoter regions of the matrix metalloproteinases-1, -3, -7, and -9 and the risk of epithelial ovarian cancer in ChinaYan Li
Hebei Cancer Institute, Hebei Medical University, Jiankanglu 12, Shijiazhuang 050011, Hebei Province, China
Gynecol Oncol 101:92-6. 2006....
- Growth factor-induced shedding of syndecan-1 confers glypican-1 dependence on mitogenic responses of cancer cellsKan Ding
Department of Developmental and Cell Biology, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697
J Cell Biol 171:729-38. 2005..These results support a specific role for shed syndecan-1 or MMP7-syndecan-1 complexes in tumor progression and add to accumulating evidence that syndecans and glypicans have nonequivalent functions in vivo...
- Regulatory polymorphisms in extracellular matrix protease genes and susceptibility to rheumatoid arthritis: a case-control studyJulio Rodriguez-Lopez
Research Laboratory 2 and Rheumatology Unit, Hospital Clinico Universitario de Santiago, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Arthritis Res Ther 8:R1. 2006....
- Genetic variants in matrix metalloproteinase genes are associated with development of gastric ulcer in H. Pylori infectionStephan Hellmig
Department of General Internal Medicine, University Hospital of Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel, Germany
Am J Gastroenterol 101:29-35. 2006..The aim of this study was to investigate if genetic variants in MMPs involved in the inflammatory response to H. pylori could predispose patients with chronic H. pylori infection to develop gastric ulcer disease...
- Regulation of matrilysin expression in endothelium by fibroblast growth factor-2Wolfgang Holnthoner
Department of Dermatology, Division of General Dermatology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 342:725-33. 2006b>Matrilysin (MMP7) is a secreted matrix metalloproteinase, which contributes to angiogenesis by breaking down basement membranes. We show that the angiogenic factor FGF-2 induces MMP7 expression in human endothelial cells...
- Prognostic significance of matrix metalloproteinase-7 in epithelial ovarian cancer and its relation to beta-catenin expressionSari M Sillanpää
Institute of Clinical Medicine, Pathology and Forensic Medicine, University of Kuopio, Kuopio, Finland
Int J Cancer 119:1792-9. 2006..The present study showed that intense MMP-7 signal in tumor cells is an independent prognostic factor predicting better survival in epithelial ovarian cancer...
- Clinical impact of MMP and TIMP gene polymorphisms in gastric cancerF J G M Kubben
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Br J Cancer 95:744-51. 2006..We conclude that MMP-related SNPs, especially MMP-7(-181A>G) and TIMP-2(303C>T), may be helpful in identifying gastric cancer patients with a poor clinical outcome...
- Estrogen decrease in tight junctional resistance involves matrix-metalloproteinase-7-mediated remodeling of occludinGeorge I Gorodeski
Department of Reproductive Biology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
Endocrinology 148:218-31. 2007..These mechanisms acting in concert could be important for regulation and control of estrogen modulation of paracellular permeability in vivo...
- Genetic polymorphisms of MMP1, MMP3 and MMP7 gene promoter and risk of colorectal adenomaAstrid Lievre
INSERM U775 et Université René Descartes, Paris, France
BMC Cancer 6:270. 2006....
- Matrilysin 1 influences colon carcinoma cell migration by cleavage of the laminin-5 beta3 chainLionel Remy
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U 45 IFR62, Universite Claude Bernard Lyon I, France
Cancer Res 66:11228-37. 2006Matrilysin 1 [matrix metalloproteinase 7 (MMP7)] is one of the most important metalloproteinases expressed in human tissues...
- High gene expression of matrix metalloproteinase-7 is associated with early stages of oral cancerEleftherios Vairaktaris
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Athens Medical School, Attikon Hospital, Athens, Greece
Anticancer Res 27:2493-8. 2007..In the light of the recently found contribution of matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) to oral oncogenesis, the correlation of MMP-7 with risk for oral cancer was investigated...
- HER2-dependent MMP-7 expression is mediated by activated STAT3Guogang Yuan
Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Beijing 100850, PR China
Cell Signal 20:1284-91. 2008..The data indicate that HRG-induced HER2-dependent transcriptional upregulation and protein secretion of MMP-7 are mediated by activated STAT3. The expression of MMP-7 may be attributed to HER2/STAT3 activation...
- Plasma matrix metalloproteinase-7 as a metastatic marker and survival predictor in patients with renal cell carcinomasAzizbek Ramankulov
Department of Urology, Charite University Hospital, Berlin, Germany
Cancer Sci 99:1188-94. 2008..81, 95% CI, 2.77-12.2; P < 0.0001) as independent determinants of cancer-related survival outcomes. In conclusion, increased plasma MMP-7 could be related to metastatic disease and poor prognosis in patients with RCC...
- Heregulin-beta promotes matrix metalloproteinase-7 expression via HER2-mediated AP-1 activation in MCF-7 cellsGuogang Yuan
Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Beijing, 100850, People s Republic of China
Mol Cell Biochem 318:73-9. 2008..The data indicate a close link among HRG-beta stimulation, HER signaling, and AP-1 activation. Our data suggest that HRG-beta-induced MMP-7 expression was regulated by HER2-mediated AP-1 activation in MCF-7 cells...
- Common MMP-7 polymorphisms and breast cancer susceptibility: a multistage study of association and functionalityAlicia Beeghly-Fadiel
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt Epidemiology Center, Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37203 1738, USA
Cancer Res 68:6453-9. 2008..Results from our study suggest that common MMP-7 genetic polymorphisms may contribute to breast cancer susceptibility...
- p120 and Kaiso regulate Helicobacter pylori-induced expression of matrix metalloproteinase-7Seth R Ogden
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232 2279, USA
Mol Biol Cell 19:4110-21. 2008..These results indicate that selective and coordinated induction of mmp-7 expression by H. pylori cag(+) isolates may explain in part the augmentation in gastric cancer risk associated with these strains...
- Predictive value of MMP-7 expression for response to chemotherapy and survival in patients with non-small cell lung cancerHui Liu
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care, The Third Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Cancer Sci 99:2185-92. 2008..49 P = 0.001). These findings suggest that the expression level of MMP-7 in tumor cells is predictive of response to chemotherapy and outcome in patients with advanced NSCLC receiving platinum-based chemotherapy...
- Active matrix metalloproteinase-7 is associated with invasion in buccal squamous cell carcinomaHui Ching Chuang
Department of Otolaryngology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital Kaohsiung Medical Center, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Niao Song Hsiang, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Mod Pathol 21:1444-50. 2008..036). In conclusion, active matrix metalloproteinase-7 expression was associated with more aggressive buccal squamous cell carcinomas...
- Genetic polymorphisms of matrix metalloproteinases: susceptibility and prognostic implications for prostate cancerSabrina Thalita Dos Reis
Urology Department, Laboratory of Medical Investigation, Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Urol 181:2320-5. 2009..We investigated the correlation between MMP1, 2, 7 and 9 polymorphisms with susceptibility to prostate cancer, and classic prognostic parameters of prostate cancer...
- Three-dimensional culture using a radial flow bioreactor induces matrix metalloprotease 7-mediated EMT-like process in tumor cells via TGFbeta1/Smad pathwayShun Ichi Shibata
Department of Biochemistry, Jikei University School of Medicine, Minato ku, Tokyo 105 8461, Japan
Int J Oncol 34:1433-48. 2009..Cells in the RFB overexpressed matrix metalloproteinase 7 (MMP7) and showed an increased release of soluble 80-kDa fragments of E-cadherin into the media time-..
- Fecal cyclooxygenase 2 plus matrix metalloproteinase 7 mRNA assays as a marker for colorectal cancer screeningTetsunari Takai
First Department of Medicine, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Enshu Hospital, Hamamatsu, Japan
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 18:1888-93. 2009..To further improve the sensitivity, we evaluated the usefulness of the combination of COX-2 mRNA and matrix metalloproteinase 7 (MMP-7) mRNA assays as a marker of CRC...
- Matrilysin-1 mediates bronchiolization of alveoli, a potential premalignant change in lung cancerXiao Yang Wang
Experimental Pathology Section, Cell and Cancer Biology Branch, CCR, NCI, NIH, 37 Convent Drive Room 1056B, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Am J Pathol 175:592-604. 2009b>Matrilysin-1 (also called matrix metalloproteinase-7) is expressed in injured lung and in cancer but not in normal epithelia...
- Meta-analysis of association between matrix metalloproteinases 2, 7 and 9 promoter polymorphisms and cancer riskBo Peng
State Key Laboratory of Genetic Engineering, Department of Genetics, Institute of Genetics, School of Life Science, Fudan University, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Mutagenesis 25:371-9. 2010..Large case-control studies should be performed to clarify the possible roles of these four polymorphisms in different kinds of cancer in more detail...
- IL-13 and TH2 cytokine exposure triggers matrix metalloproteinase 7-mediated Fas ligand cleavage from bronchial epithelial cellsSamuel J Wadsworth
UBC James Hogg Research Laboratories, Providence Heart and Lung Institute, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
J Allergy Clin Immunol 126:366-74, 374.e1-8. 2010..Interaction of Fas receptor (CD95) with its ligand (FasL; CD95L) is an important mechanism of cell-mediated apoptosis. Bronchial epithelial FasL expression provides immune barrier protection from immune cell-mediated damage...
- Bladder cancer risk associated with genotypic polymorphism of the matrix metalloproteinase-1 and 7 in North Indian populationPriyanka Srivastava
Department of Urology and Renal Transplantation, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Raebareli Road, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India
Dis Markers 29:37-46. 2010..This study provided new support for the association of MMP1-1607 and MMP7-181 in bladder cancer development, the tumorigenic effect of which was observed to be more enhanced in case of tobacco exposure...
- Immunohistochemical expression of matrix metalloproteinases in squamous cell carcinoma of the tongue and lower lipSimone Souza Lobão Veras Barros
Department of Pathology and Clinical Dentistry, Federal University of Piaui, Teresina, PI, Brazil
Arch Oral Biol 56:752-60. 2011..To evaluate the immunohistochemical expression of MMP-1, -2, -7, -9 and -26 in oral squamous cell carcinomas (SCCs) according to tumour site and histological grade of malignancy...
- Overexpression of matrix metalloproteinase-7 and -9 in NSCLC tumor and stromal cells: correlation with a favorable clinical outcomeHelge Stenvold
Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tromso, Norway
Lung Cancer 75:235-41. 2012..As both malignant cells and cells of the surrounding stroma contribute to tumor growth, we have explored the impact of MMP-2, -7 and -9 expression in both the tumor and stromal compartment of non-small-cell lung cancers (NSCLC)...
- Thermodynamic analysis of ionizable groups involved in the catalytic mechanism of human matrix metalloproteinase 7 (MMP-7)Hitoshi Takeharu
Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1814:1940-6. 2011Human matrix metalloproteinase 7 (MMP-7) exhibits a broad bell-shaped pH-dependence with the acidic and alkaline pK(e) (pK(e1) and pK(e2)) values of about 4 and 10...
- Fibulin-3 promoter methylation alters the invasive behavior of non-small cell lung cancer cell lines via MMP-7 and MMP-2 regulationEun Jin Kim
Department of Radiation Biology, Environmental Radiation Research Group, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute, 1045 Daedeok daero, Yusong gu, Daejeon 305 353, Republic of Korea
Int J Oncol 40:402-8. 2012..These results indicate that fibulin-3 is a negative regulator of invasiveness in NSCLC and further studies are needed for its therapeutic applications in treatment of NSCLC...
- Tissue factor/activated factor VIIa induces matrix metalloproteinase-7 expression through activation of c-Fos via ERK1/2 and p38 MAPK signaling pathways in human colon cancer cellZhi Chao Jia
Laboratory of Colon Cancer, First Hospital of Peking University, no 8, Xishiku Street, West District, Beijing, 100034, China
Int J Colorectal Dis 27:437-45. 2012..MMP-7 overexpression is believed to play an important role in tumor invasion and metastasis. The aim of this study is to elucidate the molecular mechanisms by which TF/FVIIa induced MMP-7 expression and cell invasion in vitro...
- Phosphatase of regenerating liver-3 promotes migration and invasion by upregulating matrix metalloproteinases-7 in human colorectal cancer cellsSu Kyung Lee
Laboratory of Chemical Biology and Genomics, Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, University of Science and Technology, Yuseonggu, Daejon, Republic of Korea
Int J Cancer 131:E190-203. 2012..These results suggest that the migration and invasion of PRL-3-expressing CRC cells depends primarily on the expression of MMP-7...
- Expression and prognostic value of matrix metalloproteinase-7 in colorectal cancerBo Yang
Department of Oncology, Wuhan General Hospital of Guangzhou Command PLA, Wuhan, China
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 13:1049-52. 2012..Collectively, we found MMP-7 expression to be correlated with progression and metastasis of CRC and thus could be used as a predictive marker of prognosis in CRC patients...
- Clinical significance of MMP-7 and PTEN expression in colorectal cancerZheng Bi
Department of Clinical Laboratory, Qilu Hospital of Shandong University, Shandong Province, China
Hepatogastroenterology 60:32-6. 2013..The aim of this study was to investigate the expression of MMP-7 and PTEN protein in colorectal cancer and explore its correlation with clinicopathological parameters...
- ETS variant 1 regulates matrix metalloproteinase-7 transcription in LNCaP prostate cancer cellsSook Shin
Department of Cell Biology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Oncol Rep 29:306-14. 2013..Together, these results showed that MMP-7 is a bona fide ETV1 target gene, implicating that MMP-7 upregulation is partially responsible for the oncogenic effects of ETV1 in the prostate...
- Structure and expression of the human gene for the matrix metalloproteinase matrilysinM Gaire
Department of Cell Biology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37232
J Biol Chem 269:2032-40. 1994b>Matrilysin, a member of the matrix metalloproteinase family, is structurally different from the other matrix metalloproteinases by virtue of the absence of a conserved COOH-terminal protein domain...
- Correlation between beta-catenin widespread nuclear expression and matrix metalloproteinase-7 overexpression in sporadic desmoid tumorsHiroshi Matono
Department of Anatomic Pathology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, 812 8582 Japan
Hum Pathol 39:1802-8. 2008..We further examined messenger RNA expression of matrix metalloproteinase 7 by quantitative reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) and compared the results with ..
- Elevated expressions of MMP7, TROP2, and survivin are associated with survival, disease recurrence, and liver metastasis of colon cancerY J Fang
Department of Colorectal Surgery, State Key Laboratory of Oncology in Southern China, Cancer Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, People s Republic of China
Int J Colorectal Dis 24:875-84. 2009..Colorectal cancer is one of the most common cancers worldwide. We tested the hypothesis that differences in the expression of certain molecular markers of colon cancer may account for different clinical outcomes...
- Elevated serum matrix metalloproteinase-3 and -7 in H. pylori-related gastric cancer can be biomarkers correlating with a poor survivalYi Chun Yeh
Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, National Cheng Kung University Medical Center, Tainan, Taiwan
Dig Dis Sci 55:1649-57. 2010..This study aimed to test if serum levels of MMP-3, -7, and -9 are correlated with different clinical outcomes in H. pylori-infected subjects and if these are predictive of progression to H. pylori-related gastric cancer...
- CD44v6, MMP-7 and nuclear Cdx2 are significant biomarkers for prediction of lymph node metastasis in primary gastric cancerHirokazu Okayama
Department of Organ Regulatory Surgery, Fukushima Medical University School of Medicine, Fukushima 960 1295, Japan
Oncol Rep 22:745-55. 2009..Combined evaluation of these markers could be further useful to predict lymph node status clinically...
- Neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin (NGAL) and matrix metalloproteinases as novel stress markers in children and young adults on chronic dialysisKinga Musiał
Department of Pediatric Nephrology, Wrocław Medical University, M Skłodowskiej Curie 50 52, Wrocław, Poland
Cell Stress Chaperones 16:163-71. 2011....
- Synergistic cooperation between the AP-1 and LEF-1 transcription factors in activation of the matrilysin promoter by the src oncogene: implications in cellular invasionChristine Rivat
INSERM U 482, Hopital Saint Antoine, 75571, Paris Cedex 12, France
FASEB J 17:1721-3. 2003The matrix metalloprotease matrilysin is expressed in premalignant polyps and plays a key role in local invasion during the progression of digestive tumors...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-7 increases resistance to Fas-mediated apoptosis and is a poor prognostic factor of patients with colorectal carcinomaWei Shu Wang
Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Medicine Division of Colorectal Surgery, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Carcinogenesis 27:1113-20. 2006....
- Serous and mucinous ovarian tumors express different profiles of MMP-2, -7, -9, MT1-MMP, and TIMP-1 and -2Jean Luc Brun
Departments of Gynecology, AP HP, Hopital Tenon, 4 rue de la Chine, F 75571 Paris Cedex, France
Int J Oncol 33:1239-46. 2008..In conclusion, our results support the differential expression in MMPs and TIMPs of ovarian tumors according to serous or mucinous histology...
- Clinicopathological assessment and quantitative estimation of the matrix metalloproteinases MMP-2 and MMP-7 and the inhibitors TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 in colorectal carcinoma tissue samplesM Pesta
Central Laboratory of Radioisotopes, Charles University and Faculty Hospital, Pilsen, Czech Republic
Anticancer Res 27:1863-7. 2007..The aim of our study was to test the levels of MMP-2, MMP-7, and the MMP inhibitors TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 mRNA in colorectal carcinoma tissue samples with the clinicopathological status of the disease...
- Effect of 1, 25 dihydroxyvitamin D(3) on matrix metalloproteinases MMP-7, MMP-9 and the inhibitor TIMP-1 in pulmonary tuberculosisS Prabhu Anand
Department of Immunology, Tuberculosis Research Centre, Indian Council of Medical Research, Mayor V R Ramanathan Road, Chennai 600 031, India
Clin Immunol 133:126-31. 2009..The present study suggests that 1, 25(OH)(2)D(3) may probably play an important role in the pathological process in tuberculosis by downregulating the levels of MMPs and upregulating the levels of TIMPs...
- Corneal neovascularization after excimer keratectomy wounds in matrilysin-deficient miceTomoko Kure
Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary and Schepens Eye Research Institute, Harvard Medical School, 243 Charles Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 44:137-44. 2003b>Matrilysin, matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-7, is upregulated in the corneal epithelium during wound healing after excimer keratectomy wounds...
- Experimental studies on the effects of recombinant human matrix metalloproteinases on herniated disc tissues--how to facilitate the natural resorption process of herniated discsHirotaka Haro
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Suwa Central Hospital, 4300 Tamagawa, Chino, Nagano 391 8503, Japan
J Orthop Res 23:412-9. 2005..We therefore examined the role of these recombinant human matrix metalloproteinases (rh MMPs) in the treatment of herniated discs...
- The role of matrix metalloproteinases in recurrent tonsillitisEngin Acioglu
Department of Otolaryngology, Istanbul Training and Research Hospital, Turkey
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 74:535-9. 2010....
- Clinicopathologic and prognostic significance of matrix metalloproteinases in rectal cancerO Schwandner
Department of Surgery, Caritas Krankenhaus St Josef, Landshuter Strasse 65, 93053 Regensburg, Germany
Int J Colorectal Dis 22:127-36. 2007..The aim of this study was to determine the prognostic role of matrix metalloproteinases in rectal cancer...
- Degradation of tropoelastin by matrix metalloproteinases--cleavage site specificities and release of matrikinesAndrea Heinz
Institute of Pharmacy, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Halle Saale, Germany
FEBS J 277:1939-56. 2010..Furthermore, the generated peptides YTTGKLPYGYGPGG, YGARPGVGVGGIP, and PGFGAVPGA, containing GxxPG motifs that have not yet been proven to be bioactive, were identified as new matrikines upon biological activity testing...
- [Expression of matrix metalloproteinases in the cytotrophoblasts and decidual stromal cells in human early pregnancy]Xiao heng He
Center for Reproductive Medicine, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 26:1136-9. 2006....
- Role of matrix metalloproteinases in colorectal carcinogenesisM J Heslin
Section of Surgical Oncology, Department of Surgery, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Alabama 35243, USA
Ann Surg 233:786-92. 2001..To measure coexpression of matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-2, MMP-7, and MMP-9 genes by real-time quantitative reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction (qRT-PCR) in benign and malignant phases of colorectal carcinogenesis...
- QD-BRET nanosensors for protease detection and imagingJianghong Rao; Fiscal Year: 2012..A responsible for the degradation of type IV collagen, the main component of extracellular matrix;MMP-7, matrilysin, the smallest member with broad proteolytic activity;and urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) that ..
- Conor C Lynch; Fiscal Year: 2014..abstract_text> ..
- Steven R Van Doren; Fiscal Year: 2014..The binding modes will reveal unique functional epitopes and sites where future MMP-specific antibodies can be targeted to interfere in these associations in diagnostic, research, and therapeutic uses. ..
- Transcriptional regulation of matrix metalloproteinases in colon epithelial cellsGuofeng Xie; Fiscal Year: 2012..Xie to develop a novel, clinically important research focus and learn important experimental methods and academic skills thereby laying a solid foundation for an independent research career. ..
- Lipid Nanoparticle Mediated Inhibition and Detection of Matrix MetalloproteinasesSanku Mallik; Fiscal Year: 2012..The successful completion of this research will establish foundation for developing diagnostic and therapeutic tools for other proteins responsible for causing different human diseases. ..
- Metalloproteinases in Tumor Progression and MetastasisJeffrey Smith; Fiscal Year: 2009..These chemical leads will be improved by iterative structure-based modifications and will be tested in cell-based assays and ultimately in animal models of tumor progression. ..
- Expression, hormonal regulation and function of microRNA in leiomyomaGREGORY SCOTT SCHULTZ; Fiscal Year: 2012..This proposal will investigate how fibroids grow and ways to prevent their symptoms and growth. ..
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF ANEURYSMAL DEGENERATIONRobert Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2009..of eiastase-induced AAAs, if MMP-9 is directly responsible for aortic wall elastin degradation in vivo, and if matrilysin (MMP-7) is required for aneurysmal degeneration;(2) Establish if MMP-mediated degradation of interstitial (type ..
- Airway Metalloproteinases in Mucosal ImmunityCAROLE LYNN WILSON; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Matrilysin, a matrix metalloproteinase (MMP), functions in innate immunity and facilitates re-epithelialization and ..
- Ivan O Rosas; Fiscal Year: 2014..Successful completion of this study will provide the basis for the design of a more definitive phase III clinical trial of low dose inhaled CO in IPF. (End of Abstract) ..
- David J Lederer; Fiscal Year: 2014..We propose to validate a novel imaging biomarker of early-stage IPF and perform the first genetic studies of early IPF to identify new therapeutic targets to prevent lung fibrosis. ..
- Determining how trichloroethylene alters CD4+ T cell functionKathleen M Gilbert; Fiscal Year: 2012..Consequently, demonstrating that a common water pollutant such as trichloroethylene can cause this effect and describing the mechanism for it could have important implications for human health. ..
- CHELSEA SHIELDS BAHNEY; Fiscal Year: 2014..abstract_text> ..
- MECHANISMS IN THE REMODELING OF LUNG STRUCTUREMichael J Holtzman; Fiscal Year: 2012..Focal points of the proposed studies will be laminin-332 (laminin-5), surfactant protein D (SP-D), matrilysin (MMP-7), serglycin, and a distinct population of non-B non-T (NBNT) lymphoid cells...
- Matrilysin regulation in colonic epithelial cells and role in barrier functionJohn Kwon; Fiscal Year: 2011..Our preliminary data implicates matrix metalloproteinase-7 (matrilysin) in the pathogenesis of inflammatory cytokine-induced altered barrier resistance...
- Role of Wnt/b-catenin signaling in pulmonary fibrosisAI P LAM; Fiscal Year: 2013..The findings from this proposal will provide novel insights into the molecular mechanism for this disease and translate into the development of desperately needed therapeutics for pulmonary fibrosis. (End of Abstract) ..
- LOUIS JUSTINE VUGA; Fiscal Year: 2014....
- Zongbing You; Fiscal Year: 2016..significantly thicker in IL-17RC- mice, a finding that we have associated with a decreased expression of matrix metalloproteinase 7 (MMP7). Addition of a recombinant mouse IL-17 induced the expression of MMP7 in the mouse prostate...
- Activated nano-sized MR contrast agents for imaging of tumor proteolytic activityDmitri Artemov; Fiscal Year: 2010..These nanoscale activated MR contrast agents can improve existing imaging technology for early cancer detection and/or for noninvasive monitoring of tumor response to therapy. ..
- David H Broide; Fiscal Year: 2016..In addition the availability of specimens from asthma and EE allow the findings to be translated to human subjects with remodeling. ..
- Youhua Liu; Fiscal Year: 2015..The proposed studies may potentially have wide implications in designing future therapeutic regimens for the treatments of proteinuric kidney diseases. ..
- The Fate of dsRNA in the NucleusGordon Carmichael; Fiscal Year: 2006..RNA binding protein p54nrb, the splicing factor PSF and the inner nuclear matrix structural protein matrin 3. This overall goal of this proposal is to learn more about this complex and its in vivo targets...
- MODULATION OF BETA-DEFENSINS BY MATRILYSINCarole Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2001..The proposed experiments should provide insight into the role of MMP-7 in mucosal epithelium and how this metalloenzyme contributes to mechanisms of host defense. ..
- Collagen XVIII in Corneal NeovascularizationJin Hong Chang; Fiscal Year: 2006..The study of endostatin and MMP-7 in the cornea may provide valuable information about their possible clinical significance in corneal neovascularization and wound healing. ..
- Variation in Cytokine and MMP Genes and Risk of PPROMPedro Ferrand; Fiscal Year: 2006..Collectively, these studies could provide evidence for the contribution of genetic factors to the risk of preterm birth. ..
- MECHANISMS OF HEMORRHAGE AND EDEMA IN TPA STROKE THERAPYENG LO; Fiscal Year: 2006..This proposal should fit the goals of the Stroke PRG because it examines novel mechanisms that link tPA, cell signaling, MMPs, and hemorrhagic transformation in the neurovascular unit. ..
- MMP-7 and SNARE Cleavage in NeuroinflammationKatherine Conant; Fiscal Year: 2009..The relevance of this research to Public Health is that it may explain how inflammation contributes to neurological dysfunction. Excess levels of select proteases may be considered as novel targets for neuro-protective drugs. ..
- Matrilsin and Tumor ProgressionLynn Matrisian; Fiscal Year: 2006This application is a continuation of studies focused on the role of the matrix metalloproteinase MMP-7 (matrilysin) in colorectal cancer...
- MATRIX METALLOPROTEINASE AND APOPTOSIS IN BRAIN TRAUMAENG LO; Fiscal Year: 2004..To date, there are not effective treatments for traumatic brain injury. Results from these proposed experiments will help identify MMP and upstream MAP kinase pathways as viable therapeutic targets for this devastating condition. ..
- Novel optical probes fir in vivo imagingChing Hsuan Tung; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Corneal Metalloproteinase-Matrix InteractionsMark Rosenblatt; Fiscal Year: 2009..b>Matrilysin (MMP-7) deficient mice have exuberant scarring following laser injuries which are innocuous to their wild-type ..
- A Tumor Related NonTIMP Metalloproteinase InhibitorMICHAEL BANDA; Fiscal Year: 2005..These experiments will provide information regarding the control of metalloproteinase activity in tumor biology. ..
- Proteoglycans in Lung Inflammation and FibrosisPYONG PARK; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- MMP-7 IN Pacreatic Cancer and Chronic PancreatitisHoward Crawford; Fiscal Year: 2008..Overall, we expect these studies to contribute significantly to our knowledge of pancreatic tumor biology with immediate implications with regards to detection and treatment. ..
- MATRIXINS AND THEIR INHIBITORS IN ANGIOGENESISQING XIANG SANG; Fiscal Year: 2002..The role of each collagen-degrading matrixin in each step of angiogenesis in vitro will be assessed through intervention by the synthetic matrixin inhibitors. ..
- IL-1 and IL-1ra Stimulation of S aureus ReplicationSIVADASAN KANANGAT; Fiscal Year: 2003..A better understanding of how bacteria such as S. aureus use IL-1 family of cytokines to replicate and defeat the host defense is highly relevant to the study of septic arthritis. ..
- MRI Study of Aggressive IndividualsAnn Ragin; Fiscal Year: 2003..Data obtained in this study will yield findings regarding brain structures potentially involved in impulsive aggression and provide insights concerning etiological factors in Intermittent Explosive Disorder. ..
- Analysis of the Chemopreventive Activity of FGN 1MARGIE CLAPPER; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- DECIDUALIZATION IN THE BABOONAsgerally Fazleabas; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- PHYSIOLOGY OF HUMAN RELAXINGerson Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- 2004 Reproductive Tract Biology Gordon ConferenceAsgerally Fazleabas; Fiscal Year: 2004..The continued ability to meet with the Mammalian Gametogenesis and Embryogenesis Conference at the same site will further enhance the quality of this meeting, which has consistently been highly rated by the attendees. ..
- Imaging gray matter structure in human auditory cortexJennifer Melcher; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- MITOCHONDRIA AND APOPTOSIS OF MAMMARY EPITHELIAL CELLSBarbara Heerdt; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Host Factors in Susceptibility to Chlamydial DiseaseKYLE RAMSEY; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Modeling ovarian cancer screening for CEANicole Urban; Fiscal Year: 2005..Ultimately, an enhanced microsimulation model that incorporates new developments, innovations of the future as well as those we recognize today, will help guide policy and research investment decisions. ..
- Colon Cancer and MitochondriaBarbara Heerdt; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Matrilysin in Lung Epithelial Cell MigrationJohn McGuire; Fiscal Year: 2007..The current proposal addresses one potential mechanism by focusing on the function of matrilysin (MMP-7), a secreted matrix metalloproteinase (MMP), in lung epithelial cell migration...
- A Diffusion Tensor Imaging Study of HIV-DementiaAnn Ragin; Fiscal Year: 2006..Experience gained during the proposed award will lay the foundation for further independent investigations of neurobiological factors in HIV-D. ..
- Regulation Paneth cell defensins by bacterial infectionNita Salzman; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Short chain fatty acid metabolism and colonic tumorigenesisBarbara Heerdt; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Matrix metalloproteinases as biomarkers of neurodegenerationVeronica Shubayev; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Multifunctional low-density lipoprotein nanoplatformsGang Zheng; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Estrogen and Aging effects on Transvaginal TransportGeorge Gorodeski; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Immunobiology of Lung FibrosisAna Mora; Fiscal Year: 2007..4. Using IL-4 receptor deficient mice with and without adoptive transfer of normal Th2 cells, to determine whether IL-4 signaling in cells other than T lymphocytes is important to the lung fibrogenic response to MHV68 or bleomycin. ..