Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MMP-7
Description: matrix metallopeptidase 7
Alias: MMP-7, MPSL1, PUMP-1, matrilysin, matrin, matrix metallopeptidase 7 (matrilysin, uterine), matrix metalloproteinase 7 (matrilysin, uterine), matrix metalloproteinase-7, pump-1 protease, uterine matrilysin, uterine metalloproteinase
- Vargo Gogola T, Crawford H, Fingleton B, Matrisian L. Identification of novel matrix metalloproteinase-7 (matrilysin) cleavage sites in murine and human Fas ligand. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2002;408:155-61 pubmed..We conclude that the controversy regarding the biological activity of sFasL may be explained, in part, by the generation of distinct forms of sFasL as a result of cleavage at specific sequences. ..
- Okayama H, Kumamoto K, Saitou K, Hayase S, Kofunato Y, Sato Y, et al. CD44v6, MMP-7 and nuclear Cdx2 are significant biomarkers for prediction of lymph node metastasis in primary gastric cancer. Oncol Rep. 2009;22:745-55 pubmed..Combined evaluation of these markers could be further useful to predict lymph node status clinically. ..
- Liu H, Zhang T, Li X, Huang J, Wu B, Huang X, et al. Predictive value of MMP-7 expression for response to chemotherapy and survival in patients with non-small cell lung cancer. Cancer Sci. 2008;99:2185-92 pubmed publisher..49 P = 0.001). These findings suggest that the expression level of MMP-7 in tumor cells is predictive of response to chemotherapy and outcome in patients with advanced NSCLC receiving platinum-based chemotherapy. ..
- Holnthoner W, Kerenyi M, Groger M, Kratochvill F, Petzelbauer P. Regulation of matrilysin expression in endothelium by fibroblast growth factor-2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;342:725-33 pubmedb>Matrilysin (MMP7) is a secreted matrix metalloproteinase, which contributes to angiogenesis by breaking down basement membranes. We show that the angiogenic factor FGF-2 induces MMP7 expression in human endothelial cells...
- Quantin B, Murphy G, Breathnach R. Pump-1 cDNA codes for a protein with characteristics similar to those of classical collagenase family members. Biochemistry. 1989;28:5327-34 pubmed..On the basis of this observation, its size, and its substrate specificity, we suggest that pump-1 might correspond to a previously described uterine metalloproteinase, matrix metalloproteinase 7.
- Singh H, Jain M, Mittal B. MMP-7 (-181A>G) promoter polymorphisms and risk for cervical cancer. Gynecol Oncol. 2008;110:71-5 pubmed publisherMatrix metalloproteinase (MMP-7) is a secreted matrilysin, which contributes to tumor progression through breakdown of basement membranes and angiogenesis...
- Oshima T, Akaike M, Yoshihara K, Shiozawa M, Yamamoto N, Sato T, et al. Clinicopathological significance of the gene expression of matrix metalloproteinase-7, insulin-like growth factor-1, insulin-like growth factor-2 and insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor in patients with colorectal cancer: insulin-like growth factor. Oncol Rep. 2008;20:359-64 pubmed..IGF-1R gene expression is thus considered a useful predictor of liver metastasis from colorectal cancer. ..
- Sires U, Murphy G, Baragi V, Fliszar C, Welgus H, Senior R. Matrilysin is much more efficient than other matrix metalloproteinases in the proteolytic inactivation of alpha 1-antitrypsin. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1994;204:613-20 pubmed..In this report, we describe the catalytic effects of matrilysin, a recently identified metalloproteinase, upon alpha 1-antitrypsin...
- Safranek J, Pesta M, Holubec L, Kulda V, Dreslerova J, Vrzalova J, et al. Expression of MMP-7, MMP-9, TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 mRNA in lung tissue of patients with non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) and benign pulmonary disease. Anticancer Res. 2009;29:2513-7 pubmed..TIMP-1 expression is increased only in carcinoma, but not in benign lung disease. ..
- Miyazaki K, Hattori Y, Umenishi F, Yasumitsu H, Umeda M. Purification and characterization of extracellular matrix-degrading metalloproteinase, matrin (pump-1), secreted from human rectal carcinoma cell line. Cancer Res. 1990;50:7758-64 pubmed..Based on the fact that this enzyme is secreted extracellularly and degrades the matrix proteins, we propose the name "matrin" for this newly identified enzyme.
- Matono H, Oda Y, Nakamori M, Tamiya S, Yamamoto H, Yokoyama R, et al. Correlation between beta-catenin widespread nuclear expression and matrix metalloproteinase-7 overexpression in sporadic desmoid tumors. Hum Pathol. 2008;39:1802-8 pubmed publisher..We further examined messenger RNA expression of matrix metalloproteinase 7 by quantitative reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) and compared the results with ..
- Fang Y, Lu Z, Wang G, Pan Z, Zhou Z, Yun J, et al. Elevated expressions of MMP7, TROP2, and survivin are associated with survival, disease recurrence, and liver metastasis of colon cancer. Int J Colorectal Dis. 2009;24:875-84 pubmed publisher..We conclude that elevated survivin, MMP7, and TROP2 expression levels are related to decreased survival. In addition, elevated MMP7 and TROP2 expression levels are predictors of disease recurrence and liver metastasis, respectively. ..
- Vairaktaris E, Serefoglou Z, Yapijakis C, Vylliotis A, Nkenke E, Derka S, et al. High gene expression of matrix metalloproteinase-7 is associated with early stages of oral cancer. Anticancer Res. 2007;27:2493-8 pubmed..MMP-7 gene expression is associated with increased risk only for early stages of oral cancer, possibly due to the inhibitory effect of MMP-7 in angiogenesis. ..
- Takeharu H, Yasukawa K, Inouye K. Thermodynamic analysis of ionizable groups involved in the catalytic mechanism of human matrix metalloproteinase 7 (MMP-7). Biochim Biophys Acta. 2011;1814:1940-6 pubmed publisherHuman matrix metalloproteinase 7 (MMP-7) exhibits a broad bell-shaped pH-dependence with the acidic and alkaline pK(e) (pK(e1) and pK(e2)) values of about 4 and 10...
- Wadsworth S, Atsuta R, McIntyre J, Hackett T, Singhera G, Dorscheid D. IL-13 and TH2 cytokine exposure triggers matrix metalloproteinase 7-mediated Fas ligand cleavage from bronchial epithelial cells. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2010;126:366-74, 374.e1-8 pubmed publisher..Interaction of Fas receptor (CD95) with its ligand (FasL; CD95L) is an important mechanism of cell-mediated apoptosis. Bronchial epithelial FasL expression provides immune barrier protection from immune cell-mediated damage...
- Wang W, Chen P, Wang H, Liang W, Su Y. Matrix metalloproteinase-7 increases resistance to Fas-mediated apoptosis and is a poor prognostic factor of patients with colorectal carcinoma. Carcinogenesis. 2006;27:1113-20 pubmed
- Lievre A, Milet J, Carayol J, Le Corre D, Milan C, Pariente A, et al. Genetic polymorphisms of MMP1, MMP3 and MMP7 gene promoter and risk of colorectal adenoma. BMC Cancer. 2006;6:270 pubmed..These data show a relation between MMP1 -1607 ins/del G and MMP3 -1612 ins/delA combined polymorphisms and risk of SA, suggesting their potential role in the early steps of colorectal carcinogenesis. ..
- Zheng H, Sun J, Li X, Yang X, Zhang Y, Xin Y. Role of PTEN and MMP-7 expression in growth, invasion, metastasis and angiogenesis of gastric carcinoma. Pathol Int. 2003;53:659-66 pubmed..Close correlation between PTEN on MMP-7 expression provided a novel insight into the regulatory effects of PTEN on MMP-7 expression in gastric carcinoma. ..
- Patterson B, Sang Q. Angiostatin-converting enzyme activities of human matrilysin (MMP-7) and gelatinase B/type IV collagenase (MMP-9). J Biol Chem. 1997;272:28823-5 pubmed..Here we demonstrate that two members of the human matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) family, matrilysin (MMP-7) and gelatinase B/type IV collagenase (MMP-9), hydrolyze human plasminogen to generate angiostatin ..
- Zuo F, Kaminski N, Eugui E, Allard J, Yakhini Z, Ben Dor A, et al. Gene expression analysis reveals matrilysin as a key regulator of pulmonary fibrosis in mice and humans. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:6292-7 pubmed..Using a combined set of scoring systems we determined that matrilysin (matrix metalloproteinase 7), a metalloprotease not previously associated with pulmonary fibrosis, was the most informative ..
- Ogden S, Wroblewski L, Weydig C, Romero Gallo J, O Brien D, Israel D, et al. p120 and Kaiso regulate Helicobacter pylori-induced expression of matrix metalloproteinase-7. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:4110-21 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that selective and coordinated induction of mmp-7 expression by H. pylori cag(+) isolates may explain in part the augmentation in gastric cancer risk associated with these strains. ..
- Agnihotri R, Crawford H, Haro H, Matrisian L, Havrda M, Liaw L. Osteopontin, a novel substrate for matrix metalloproteinase-3 (stromelysin-1) and matrix metalloproteinase-7 (matrilysin). J Biol Chem. 2001;276:28261-7 pubmed..We report that OPN is a novel substrate for two MMPs, MMP-3 (stromelysin-1) and MMP-7 (matrilysin). Three cleavage sites were identified for MMP-3 in human OPN, and two of those sites were also cleaved by MMP-7...
- Imai K, Hiramatsu A, Fukushima D, Pierschbacher M, Okada Y. Degradation of decorin by matrix metalloproteinases: identification of the cleavage sites, kinetic analyses and transforming growth factor-beta1 release. Biochem J. 1997;322 ( Pt 3):809-14 pubmed..metalloproteinases (MMPs): MMP-1 (tissue collagenase), MMP-2 (gelatinase A), MMP-3 (stromelysin 1), MMP-7 (matrilysin) and MMP-9 (gelatinase B). MMP-2 and MMP-3 digest DCN into seven major fragments in a similar pattern...
- Kim M, Murakami A, Kawabata K, Ohigashi H. (-)-Epigallocatechin-3-gallate promotes pro-matrix metalloproteinase-7 production via activation of the JNK1/2 pathway in HT-29 human colorectal cancer cells. Carcinogenesis. 2005;26:1553-62 pubmedMatrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-7 (matrilysin-1) plays significant roles in the growth, invasion, and metastasis of colorectal tumors, while (-)-epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG), a green tea polyphenol with chemopreventive properties, has ..
- Maurel J, Nadal C, Garcia Albeniz X, Gallego R, Carcereny E, Almendro V, et al. Serum matrix metalloproteinase 7 levels identifies poor prognosis advanced colorectal cancer patients. Int J Cancer. 2007;121:1066-71 pubmed..In conclusion, MMP-7 is an independent prognostic factor for survival in advanced CRC. In our sample, the risk of death associated to MMP-7 increase is much higher than the risk of death associated to lactate dehydrogenase elevation. ..
- Wang X, Demelash A, Kim H, Jensen Taubman S, Dakir E, Ozbun L, et al. Matrilysin-1 mediates bronchiolization of alveoli, a potential premalignant change in lung cancer. Am J Pathol. 2009;175:592-604 pubmed publisherb>Matrilysin-1 (also called matrix metalloproteinase-7) is expressed in injured lung and in cancer but not in normal epithelia...
- Yuan G, Qian L, Shi M, Lu F, Li D, Hu M, et al. HER2-dependent MMP-7 expression is mediated by activated STAT3. Cell Signal. 2008;20:1284-91 pubmed publisher..The data indicate that HRG-induced HER2-dependent transcriptional upregulation and protein secretion of MMP-7 are mediated by activated STAT3. The expression of MMP-7 may be attributed to HER2/STAT3 activation. ..
- Zhang J, Jin X, Fang S, Wang R, Li Y, Wang N, et al. The functional polymorphism in the matrix metalloproteinase-7 promoter increases susceptibility to esophageal squamous cell carcinoma, gastric cardiac adenocarcinoma and non-small cell lung carcinoma. Carcinogenesis. 2005;26:1748-53 pubmed
- Jiang W, Davies G, Martin T, Parr C, Watkins G, Mason M, et al. Targeting matrilysin and its impact on tumor growth in vivo: the potential implications in breast cancer therapy. Clin Cancer Res. 2005;11:6012-9 pubmedb>Matrilysin (MMP-7) is a metalloproteinase that is involved in the degradation of extracellular matrix, invasion, and tumor progression...
- Yang B, Gao J, Rao Z, Zhang B, Ouyang W, Yang C. Antisense oligonucleotide targeting matrix metalloproteinase-7 (MMP-7) changes the ultrastructure of human A549 lung adenocarcinoma cells. Ultrastruct Pathol. 2011;35:256-9 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the findings identified the morphological mechanism that MMP-7 ASODN inhibited proliferation and invasion in A549 cells. ..
- Beeghly Fadiel A, Long J, Gao Y, Li C, Qu S, Cai Q, et al. Common MMP-7 polymorphisms and breast cancer susceptibility: a multistage study of association and functionality. Cancer Res. 2008;68:6453-9 pubmed publisher..Results from our study suggest that common MMP-7 genetic polymorphisms may contribute to breast cancer susceptibility. ..
- Peng B, Cao L, Ma X, Wang W, Wang D, Yu L. Meta-analysis of association between matrix metalloproteinases 2, 7 and 9 promoter polymorphisms and cancer risk. Mutagenesis. 2010;25:371-9 pubmed publisher..Large case-control studies should be performed to clarify the possible roles of these four polymorphisms in different kinds of cancer in more detail. ..
- Gaire M, Magbanua Z, McDonnell S, McNeil L, Lovett D, Matrisian L. Structure and expression of the human gene for the matrix metalloproteinase matrilysin. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:2032-40 pubmedb>Matrilysin, a member of the matrix metalloproteinase family, is structurally different from the other matrix metalloproteinases by virtue of the absence of a conserved COOH-terminal protein domain...
- Yeh Y, Sheu B, Cheng H, Wang Y, Yang H, Wu J. Elevated serum matrix metalloproteinase-3 and -7 in H. pylori-related gastric cancer can be biomarkers correlating with a poor survival. Dig Dis Sci. 2010;55:1649-57 pubmed publisher..006). Concomitant elevations of MMP-3 and MMP-7 serum levels in the H. pylori-infected gastric cancer patients could serve as potential biomarkers to correlate with poor survival. ..
- Jones L, Humphreys M, Campbell F, Neoptolemos J, Boyd M. Comprehensive analysis of matrix metalloproteinase and tissue inhibitor expression in pancreatic cancer: increased expression of matrix metalloproteinase-7 predicts poor survival. Clin Cancer Res. 2004;10:2832-45 pubmed..Moreover, these studies indicate that MMP-7 expression is a powerful independent prognostic indicator and potentially of considerable clinical value. ..
- Sillanpää S, Anttila M, Voutilainen K, Ropponen K, Sironen R, Saarikoski S, et al. Prognostic significance of matrix metalloproteinase-7 in epithelial ovarian cancer and its relation to beta-catenin expression. Int J Cancer. 2006;119:1792-9 pubmed..The present study showed that intense MMP-7 signal in tumor cells is an independent prognostic factor predicting better survival in epithelial ovarian cancer. ..
- Ramankulov A, Lein M, Johannsen M, Schrader M, Miller K, Jung K. Plasma matrix metalloproteinase-7 as a metastatic marker and survival predictor in patients with renal cell carcinomas. Cancer Sci. 2008;99:1188-94 pubmed publisher..81, 95% CI, 2.77-12.2; P < 0.0001) as independent determinants of cancer-related survival outcomes. In conclusion, increased plasma MMP-7 could be related to metastatic disease and poor prognosis in patients with RCC. ..
- Fang Y, Lu Z, Wang F, Wu X, Li L, Zhang L, et al. Prognostic impact of ER? and MMP7 expression on overall survival in colon cancer. Tumour Biol. 2010;31:651-8 pubmed publisherEstrogen receptor beta (ER?) is the most highly expressed protein in patients with colon cancer. Matrix metalloproteinase 7 (MMP7) is consistently expressed throughout cancer progression...
- Rodriguez Lopez J, Perez Pampin E, Gomez Reino J, Gonzalez A. Regulatory polymorphisms in extracellular matrix protease genes and susceptibility to rheumatoid arthritis: a case-control study. Arthritis Res Ther. 2006;8:R1 pubmed
- Beeghly Fadiel A, Shu X, Long J, Li C, Cai Q, Cai H, et al. Genetic polymorphisms in the MMP-7 gene and breast cancer survival. Int J Cancer. 2009;124:208-14 pubmed publisher..9) and TT (OS HR: 0.3, 95% CI: 0.1-0.8) fared better than patients with AA (p-value for trend: 0.001). Thus, common MMP-7 genetic polymorphisms were found to be significant determinants of survival among Chinese women with breast cancer. ..
- Chen J, Zhan W, He Y, Peng J, Wang J, Cai S, et al. Expression of heparanase gene, CD44v6, MMP-7 and nm23 protein and their relationship with the invasion and metastasis of gastric carcinomas. World J Gastroenterol. 2004;10:776-82 pubmed..Instead of metastatic spreading, MMP-7 may be just related to the invasion of gastric carcinomas. However, co-detection of these factors may be important to predict metastatic spreading in such patients. ..
- Gorodeski G. Estrogen decrease in tight junctional resistance involves matrix-metalloproteinase-7-mediated remodeling of occludin. Endocrinology. 2007;148:218-31 pubmed..These mechanisms acting in concert could be important for regulation and control of estrogen modulation of paracellular permeability in vivo. ..
- Imai K, Yokohama Y, Nakanishi I, Ohuchi E, Fujii Y, Nakai N, et al. Matrix metalloproteinase 7 (matrilysin) from human rectal carcinoma cells. Activation of the precursor, interaction with other matrix metalloproteinases and enzymic properties. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:6691-7 pubmedb>Matrix metalloproteinase 7 (MMP-7) has been purified as an inactive zymogen of M(r) 28,000 (proMMP-7) from the culture medium of CaR-1 human rectal carcinoma cells...
- Remy L, Trespeuch C, Bachy S, Scoazec J, Rousselle P. Matrilysin 1 influences colon carcinoma cell migration by cleavage of the laminin-5 beta3 chain. Cancer Res. 2006;66:11228-37 pubmedMatrilysin 1 [matrix metalloproteinase 7 (MMP7)] is one of the most important metalloproteinases expressed in human tissues...
- Liu X, Kawauchi S, Oga A, Tsushimi K, Tsushimi M, Furuya T, et al. Prognostic significance of matrix metalloproteinase-7 (MMP-7) expression at the invasive front in gastric carcinoma. Jpn J Cancer Res. 2002;93:291-5 pubmed..12; P = 0.0019, RR = 2.67, respectively). Our findings indicated that expression of MMP-7 at the invasive front is closely associated with local invasiveness, and might be a reliable prognostic marker for patients with gastric carcinoma. ..
- Zeng Z, Shu W, Cohen A, Guillem J. Matrix metalloproteinase-7 expression in colorectal cancer liver metastases: evidence for involvement of MMP-7 activation in human cancer metastases. Clin Cancer Res. 2002;8:144-8 pubmed..Our observations emphasize the important role of MMP-7 production and activation in human CRC liver metastases formation. ..
- McGuire J, Li Q, Parks W. Matrilysin (matrix metalloproteinase-7) mediates E-cadherin ectodomain shedding in injured lung epithelium. Am J Pathol. 2003;162:1831-43 pubmedb>Matrilysin (matrix metalloproteinase-7) is highly expressed in lungs of patients with pulmonary fibrosis and other conditions associated with airway and alveolar injury...
- Li Y, Jin X, Kang S, Wang Y, Du H, Zhang J, et al. Polymorphisms in the promoter regions of the matrix metalloproteinases-1, -3, -7, and -9 and the risk of epithelial ovarian cancer in China. Gynecol Oncol. 2006;101:92-6 pubmed
- Wroblewski L, Noble P, Pagliocca A, Pritchard D, Hart C, Campbell F, et al. Stimulation of MMP-7 (matrilysin) by Helicobacter pylori in human gastric epithelial cells: role in epithelial cell migration. J Cell Sci. 2003;116:3017-26 pubmedEpithelial cell responses to bacterial infection include induction of matrix metalloproteinase 7 (MMP-7)...
- Fanelli M, Chinen L, Begnami M, Costa W, Fregnami J, Soares F, et al. The influence of transforming growth factor-?, cyclooxygenase-2, matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-7, MMP-9 and CXCR4 proteins involved in epithelial-mesenchymal transition on overall survival of patients with gastric cancer. Histopathology. 2012;61:153-61 pubmed publisher..34; 95% confidence interval (CI): 1.43-9.75; P = 0.002). COX-2, TGF-?, MMP-7, MMP-9 and CXCR4 are associated with poor OS in gastric cancer. ..
- Barros S, Henriques A, Pereira K, de Medeiros A, Galvão H, Freitas R. Immunohistochemical expression of matrix metalloproteinases in squamous cell carcinoma of the tongue and lower lip. Arch Oral Biol. 2011;56:752-60 pubmed publisher..The present results demonstrate the important role of MMPs in the development of SCCs of the lower lip and tongue. ..
- Stenvold H, Donnem T, Andersen S, Al Saad S, Al Shibli K, Busund L, et al. Overexpression of matrix metalloproteinase-7 and -9 in NSCLC tumor and stromal cells: correlation with a favorable clinical outcome. Lung Cancer. 2012;75:235-41 pubmed publisher..003) were independent positive prognostic factors for disease-specific survival. High levels of MMP-7 in tumor cells and high levels of MMP-9 in tumor associated stroma were independent positive prognostic factors in NSCLC patients. ..
- Ho B, Wu Y, Chang K, Pan T. Dimerumic acid inhibits SW620 cell invasion by attenuating H?O?-mediated MMP-7 expression via JNK/C-Jun and ERK/C-Fos activation in an AP-1-dependent manner. Int J Biol Sci. 2011;7:869-80 pubmed..Our data suggest that DMA may be useful in minimizing the development of colorectal metastasis. In the future, DMA supplementation may be a beneficial antioxidant to enhance surgical outcomes. ..
- Kim E, Lee S, Woo M, Choi S, Kim T, Kim M, et al. Fibulin-3 promoter methylation alters the invasive behavior of non-small cell lung cancer cell lines via MMP-7 and MMP-2 regulation. Int J Oncol. 2012;40:402-8 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that fibulin-3 is a negative regulator of invasiveness in NSCLC and further studies are needed for its therapeutic applications in treatment of NSCLC. ..
- Szarvas T, Becker M, vom Dorp F, Meschede J, Scherag A, Bankfalvi A, et al. Elevated serum matrix metalloproteinase 7 levels predict poor prognosis after radical prostatectomy. Int J Cancer. 2011;128:1486-92 pubmed publisher..In clinically localized prostate cancer, MMP-7 may provide independent prognostic information, thereby helping to optimize therapy decisions. ..
- Wang F, So J, Reierstad S, Fishman D. Matrilysin (MMP-7) promotes invasion of ovarian cancer cells by activation of progelatinase. Int J Cancer. 2005;114:19-31 pubmedAlthough matrilysin (MMP-7) is overexpressed in various malignancies, few studies have evaluated its role in epithelial ovarian cancer (EOC) invasion and metastasis...
- Hellmig S, Ott S, Rosenstiel P, Robert Fölsch U, Hampe J, Schreiber S. Genetic variants in matrix metalloproteinase genes are associated with development of gastric ulcer in H. Pylori infection. Am J Gastroenterol. 2006;101:29-35 pubmed..pylori infection. Further studies are warranted to elucidate the pathophysiological role of these genes in ulcerogenesis. ..
- Bi Z, Dong L, Gu X. Clinical significance of MMP-7 and PTEN expression in colorectal cancer. Hepatogastroenterology. 2013;60:32-6 pubmed..05). Reduced PTEN expression and MMP-7 over-expression may play important roles in the pathogenesis of colorectal cancer. Combined detection may provide prognostic benefit towards colorectal cancer. ..
- Liu H, Huang J, Wu B, Zhou Y, Zhu J, Zhang T. Matrilysin inhibits proliferation and modulates sensitivity of lung cancer cells to FasL-mediated apoptosis. Med Oncol. 2008;25:419-30 pubmed publisherMatrix metalloproteinase (MMP) family member MMP-7 (matrilysin) cleaves various cell-surface proteins to alter their effector functions in addition to a broad substrate specificity against extracellular matrix components...
- Shibata S, Marushima H, Asakura T, Matsuura T, Eda H, Aoki K, et al. Three-dimensional culture using a radial flow bioreactor induces matrix metalloprotease 7-mediated EMT-like process in tumor cells via TGFbeta1/Smad pathway. Int J Oncol. 2009;34:1433-48 pubmed..Cells in the RFB overexpressed matrix metalloproteinase 7 (MMP7) and showed an increased release of soluble 80-kDa fragments of E-cadherin into the media time-..
- Chuang H, Su C, Huang H, Huang C, Chien C, Du Y, et al. Active matrix metalloproteinase-7 is associated with invasion in buccal squamous cell carcinoma. Mod Pathol. 2008;21:1444-50 pubmed publisher..036). In conclusion, active matrix metalloproteinase-7 expression was associated with more aggressive buccal squamous cell carcinomas. ..
- Lin T, Chiou S, Wang L, Huang H, Chiang S, Shih A, et al. Expression spectra of matrix metalloproteinases in metastatic non-small cell lung cancer. Oncol Rep. 2004;12:717-23 pubmed..Therefore, it should be worth determining MMP expression pattern as a regimen reference for NSCLC patients who were scheduled to receive MMP inhibitor, which was class-specific, as adjuvant therapeutic agent. ..
- Yu W, Woessner J, McNeish J, Stamenkovic I. CD44 anchors the assembly of matrilysin/MMP-7 with heparin-binding epidermal growth factor precursor and ErbB4 and regulates female reproductive organ remodeling. Genes Dev. 2002;16:307-23 pubmed..We demonstrate here that CD44 heparan sulfate proteoglycan (CD44HSPG) recruits proteolytically active matrix metalloproteinase 7 (matrilysin, MMP-7) and heparin-binding epidermal growth factor precursor (pro-HB-EGF) to form a complex ..
- Jormsjö S, Whatling C, Walter D, Zeiher A, Hamsten A, Eriksson P. Allele-specific regulation of matrix metalloproteinase-7 promoter activity is associated with coronary artery luminal dimensions among hypercholesterolemic patients. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2001;21:1834-9 pubmed
- Saarialho Kere U, Kerkela E, Jeskanen L, Hasan T, Pierce R, Starcher B, et al. Accumulation of matrilysin (MMP-7) and macrophage metalloelastase (MMP-12) in actinic damage. J Invest Dermatol. 1999;113:664-72 pubmed..and in situ hybridization, we have studied the localization of two elastolytic matrix metalloproteinases, matrilysin (matrix metalloproteinase-7) and human macrophage metalloelastase (matrix metalloproteinase-12) in solar damage...
- Srivastava P, Gangwar R, Kapoor R, Mittal R. Bladder cancer risk associated with genotypic polymorphism of the matrix metalloproteinase-1 and 7 in North Indian population. Dis Markers. 2010;29:37-46 pubmed publisher..This study provided new support for the association of MMP1-1607 and MMP7-181 in bladder cancer development, the tumorigenic effect of which was observed to be more enhanced in case of tobacco exposure. ..
- Williams H, Johnson J, Jackson C, White S, George S. MMP-7 mediates cleavage of N-cadherin and promotes smooth muscle cell apoptosis. Cardiovasc Res. 2010;87:137-46 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that MMP-7 is involved in the cleavage of N-cadherin and modulates VSMC apoptosis, and may therefore contribute to plaque development and rupture. ..
- Takai T, Kanaoka S, Yoshida K, Hamaya Y, Ikuma M, Miura N, et al. Fecal cyclooxygenase 2 plus matrix metalloproteinase 7 mRNA assays as a marker for colorectal cancer screening. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2009;18:1888-93 pubmed publisher..To further improve the sensitivity, we evaluated the usefulness of the combination of COX-2 mRNA and matrix metalloproteinase 7 (MMP-7) mRNA assays as a marker of CRC...
- Dos Reis S, Pontes J, Villanova F, Borra P, Antunes A, Dall Oglio M, et al. Genetic polymorphisms of matrix metalloproteinases: susceptibility and prognostic implications for prostate cancer. J Urol. 2009;181:2320-5 pubmed publisher..In contrast, MMP9 polymorphism was associated with a lower Gleason score and MMP2 polymorphism was associated with nonorgan confined disease. ..
- Wang X, Dakir E, Naizhen X, Jensen Taubman S, DeMayo F, Linnoila R. Achaete-scute homolog-1 linked to remodeling and preneoplasia of pulmonary epithelium. Lab Invest. 2007;87:527-39 pubmed..The collective results suggest a novel model of BOA formation via hASH1-induced suppression of the apoptotic pathway. Our study yields a promising new preclinical tool for chemoprevention of peripheral lung carcinomas. ..
- Ke P, Wu Z, Wen H, Ying M, Long H, Qing L. Current evidence on associations between the MMP-7 (-181A>G) polymorphism and digestive system cancer risk. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2013;14:2269-72 pubmed..26, 95% CI=1.02-1.51), and dominant model (GG/GA vs. AA, OR=1.18, 95% CI=1.08-1.55). Our findings suggest that the MMP-7 (-181A>G) polymorphism may be a risk factor for digestive system cancer, especially among Asian populations. ..