Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MMP-3
Description: matrix metallopeptidase 3
Alias: CHDS6, MMP-3, SL-1, STMY, STMY1, STR1, stromelysin-1, matrix metalloproteinase 3 (stromelysin 1, progelatinase), proteoglycanase, transin-1
Publications260 found, 100 shown here
- Leptin enhances MMP-1, MMP-3 and MMP-13 production in human osteoarthritic cartilage and correlates with MMP-1 and MMP-3 in synovial fluid from OA patientsAnna Koskinen
The Immunopharmacology Research Group, Tampere University Hospital, Tampere, Finland
Clin Exp Rheumatol 29:57-64. 2011..In addition, the correlations between leptin and MMP concentrations in synovial fluid from OA patients were studied...
- Association of matrix metalloproteinase 3 promoter genotype with disease outcome in rheumatoid arthritisD L Mattey
Staffordshire Rheumatology Centre, University Hospital of North Staffordshire, The Haywood, Staffordshire, UK
Genes Immun 5:147-9. 2004..The data suggest that the MMP-3 6A/6A genotype is associated with worse RA outcome, and that this genotype may have an additive effect with the SE on disease severity...
- Circulating stromelysin-1 (MMP-3): a novel predictor of LV dysfunction, remodelling and all-cause mortality after acute myocardial infarctionD Kelly
Department of Cardiovascular Sciences, University of Leicester, UK
Eur J Heart Fail 10:133-9. 2008..We investigated the temporal profile of MMP-3 and its relationship to LV dysfunction and prognosis following AMI...
- Polymorphisms in the MMP1 and MMP3 promoter and non-small cell lung carcinoma in North ChinaShumei Fang
Hebei Cancer Institute, Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang 050011, Hebei Province, China
Carcinogenesis 26:481-6. 2005..42-7.94), compared with the 2G/6A haplotype. The present result suggested that the MMP3 promoter polymorphism may modify susceptibility to NSCLC, and the MMP 1G/5A haplotype may predicate the risk of lymphatic metastasis of this tumor...
- Inhibition of interleukin-1-stimulated MAP kinases, activating protein-1 (AP-1) and nuclear factor kappa B (NF-kappa B) transcription factors down-regulates matrix metalloproteinase gene expression in articular chondrocytesAbdelhamid Liacini
Département de Médecine and Centre de Recherche du Centre Hospitalier de l Université de Montréal, Hôpital Notre Dame du CHUM, 1560 Sherbrooke Est, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H2L 4M1
Matrix Biol 21:251-62. 2002..Inhibition of IL-1 signal transduction by these agents could be useful for reducing cartilage resorption by MMPs in arthritis...
- Advanced glycation end products increases matrix metalloproteinase-1, -3, and -13, and TNF-alpha in human osteoarthritic chondrocytesSeong Su Nah
Division of Allergy and Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, College of Medicine, University of Ulsan, Asan Medical Center, 388 1, Pungnap dong, Songpa Gu, Seoul 138 736, Republic of Korea
FEBS Lett 581:1928-32. 2007..In conclusion, accumulation of AGE may have a role in the development of osteoarthritis by increasing MMP-1, -3, and -13, and TNF-alpha...
- Association of a specific haplotype across the genes MMP1 and MMP3 with radiographic joint destruction in rheumatoid arthritisSylvia Dörr
Institute of Human Genetics, University of Halle Saale, Germany
Arthritis Res Ther 6:R199-207. 2004..The matrix metalloproteinases MMP1 (interstitial collagenase) and MMP3 (stromelysin 1) are thought to be important in destructive joint changes seen in RA...
- Matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-1 and MMP-3 induce macrophage MMP-9: evidence for the role of TNF-alpha and cyclooxygenase-2Michel Steenport
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
J Immunol 183:8119-27. 2009..These data also suggest that this nexus is targetable utilizing anti-TNF-alpha therapies and/or selective EP4 antagonists...
- Single-nucleotide polymorphisms in the promoter region of matrix metalloproteinase-1, -2, and -3 in Japanese with high myopiaHideo Nakanishi
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Kyoto Unviersity Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:4432-6. 2010..The purpose of this study was to determine whether functional single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in the MMP1, -2, and -3 promoter regions are associated with high myopia in the Japanese...
- Expression of matrix metalloproteinases 1, 3, and 9 in degenerated long head biceps tendon in the presence of rotator cuff tears: an immunohistological studyStefan Lakemeier
Department of Orthopedics and Rheumatology, University Hospital Marburg, Marburg, Germany
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 11:271. 2010..We compared expression of these MMPs in both LHB and healthy tendon samples...
- The functional (-1171 5A-->6A) polymorphisms of matrix metalloproteinase 3 gene as a risk factor for oral submucous fibrosis among male areca usersH F Tu
Department of Dentistry, I Lan Hospital, I Lan, Taiwan
J Oral Pathol Med 35:99-103. 2006..MMP3 is able to degrade collagens types II, V, IX, and X, and other extracellular matrix. The functional promoter polymorphism of MMP3 has been related to the susceptibility in some inflammatory diseases and metastasis of cancers...
- Genetic polymorphisms in the MMP-1 and MMP-3 gene may contribute to chronic periodontitis in a Brazilian populationClaudia Maria Astolfi
Oral Biology Program, University of Sagrado, Coração Bauru, SP, Brazil
J Clin Periodontol 33:699-703. 2006..The aim of this study was to investigate the relationship between these genetic variations with chronic periodontitis in a Brazilian population...
- The 5A/6A polymorphism of the matrix metalloproteinase 3 gene promoter and breast cancerPeter Krippl
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Oncology, Medical University Graz, Graz, Austria
Clin Cancer Res 10:3518-20. 2004..A 5A/6A promoter polymorphism is associated with differences in MMP3 activity and has been linked to cancer susceptibility in some studies. In the present study we evaluated the role of this polymorphism for breast cancer risk...
- Heat shock-induced matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-1 and MMP-3 are mediated through ERK and JNK activation and via an autocrine interleukin-6 loopChi Hyun Park
Department of Dermatology, Seoul National University College of Medicine and Laboratory of Cutaneous Aging Research, Clinical Research Institute, Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul, Korea
J Invest Dermatol 123:1012-9. 2004....
- Genetic polymorphisms in MMP 2, 9 and 3 genes modify lung cancer risk and survivalPatricia González-Arriaga
Departamento de Medicina, Unidad de Epidemiología Molecular del Cáncer del Instituto Universitario de Oncología del Principado de Asturias, Universidad de Oviedo, Spain
BMC Cancer 12:121. 2012..We have investigated the association between the -735 C/T, the -1171 5A/6A, and the -1562 C/T polymorphisms in the MMP2, MMP3 and MMP9 genes, respectively, and the risk and survival of lung cancer...
- Elevated levels of soluble Fas (APO-1, CD95), soluble Fas ligand, and matrix metalloproteinase-3 in sera from patients with active untreated adult onset Still's diseaseDer Yuan Chen
School of Medicine, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Clin Rheumatol 26:393-400. 2007..Further studies are needed to determine the pathophysiologic role of sFas, sFas-L, and MMP-3 in AOSD...
- The association of MMP-1, -3 and -9 genotypes with the prognosis of HCV-related hepatocellular carcinoma patientsKinya Okamoto
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Department of Legal Medicine, Tottori University School of Medicine, Yonago, 683 8504 Japan
Res Commun Mol Pathol Pharmacol 117:77-89. 2005..In this study, we examined the association of the MMP-1, -3, -9 genotypes with the prognosis of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Genetic polymorphisms of the matrix metalloproteinase-3 (MMP-3) and tissue inhibitors of matrix metalloproteinases-1 (TIMP-1) modulate the development of ankylosing spondylitisJ C C Wei
Department of Medicine, Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan
Ann Rheum Dis 68:1781-6. 2009..Fibrosis results from excessive accumulations of the extracellular matrix (ECM). ECM turnover depends on the balance between matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) and their tissue inhibitors (TIMPs)...
- Stromelysin-1 polymorphism as a new potential risk factor in progression of chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseP Santus
Institute of Lung Disease, University of Milan, Respiratory Unit, San Paolo Hospital, Milano, Italy
Monaldi Arch Chest Dis 71:15-20. 2009..Altered MMP-3 activity has been described in different diseases. We investigated the role of a promoter MMP-3 polymorphism in determining susceptibility and severity of COPD...
- Genome-wide association scan identifies variants near Matrix Metalloproteinase (MMP) genes on chromosome 11q21-22 strongly associated with serum MMP-1 levelsYu Ching Cheng
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Nutrition, School of Medicine, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Genet 2:329-37. 2009..Matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-1 may play a role in cardiovascular disease susceptibility by influencing plaque rupture via its ability to degrade extracellular collagens...
- Importance of protein-tyrosine phosphatase-alpha catalytic domains for interactions with SHP-2 and interleukin-1-induced matrix metalloproteinase-3 expressionQin Wang
Matrix Dynamics Group, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5S 3E2, Canada
J Biol Chem 285:22308-17. 2010..These data indicate that IL-1-induced signaling through focal adhesions leading to MMP3 release and interactions between SHP-2 and PTPalpha are dependent on the integrity of the catalytic domains of PTPalpha...
- MMP-1 and MMP-3 polymorphism and arrhythmia recurrence after electrical cardioversion in patients with persistent atrial fibrillationFederico Lombardi
Cardiologia, Osp San Paolo, University of Milan, Via A Di Rudini 8, 20142 Milan, Italy
J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 12:37-42. 2011..The aim of this study was to evaluate the association between MMP-1 and MMP-3 polymorphisms and arrhythmia recurrence...
- High α-defensin and S100A7 expression and missing DOC-1 down-regulation characterize irritation fibromas of the oral cavity and may counteract malignant transformationJochen Winter
Department of Periodontology, University of Bonn, Germany
J Craniofac Surg 22:100-4. 2011....
- Genetic variation in the matrix metalloproteinase genes and diabetic nephropathy in type 1 diabetesMasahiko Kure
Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center, and Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Mol Genet Metab 103:60-5. 2011..51; 95% CI=0.37-0.71, P=6.2×10(-5)). Taken together, our study suggests that genetic variations within the MMP-3/MMP-12 locus influence susceptibility of DN in type 1 diabetes...
- Influence of variations across the MMP-1 and -3 genes on the serum levels of MMP-1 and -3 and disease activity in rheumatoid arthritisY Chen
Institute of Science and Technology in Medicine, Keele University, Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, UK
Genes Immun 13:29-37. 2012....
- Variation of matrix metalloproteinase 1 and 3 haplotypes and their serum levels in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritisSomia H Abd-Allah
Medical Biochemistry Department, Faculty of Medicine, Zagazig University, Zagazig, Egypt
Genet Test Mol Biomarkers 16:15-20. 2012..Moreover, MMP1 and MMP3 polymorphisms may predict the activity and severity of these diseases...
- Regulation of MMP-3 expression and secretion by the chemokine eotaxin-1 in human chondrocytesPin Zhir Chao
School of Medical Laboratory Science and Biotechnology, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Biomed Sci 18:86. 2011..Studies demonstrated the involvement of chemokines in this process, and some may potentially serve as diagnostic markers and therapeutic targets; however, the underlying signal transductions are not well understood...
- Activation of protein kinase CK2 is an early step in the ultraviolet B-mediated increase in interstitial collagenase (matrix metalloproteinase-1; MMP-1) and stromelysin-1 (MMP-3) protein levels in human dermal fibroblastsPeter Brenneisen
Heinrich Heine University of Dusseldorf, Institute for Physiological Chemistry I, Bldg 22 03, Universitatsstr 1, 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Biochem J 365:31-40. 2002....
- Osteopontin, a novel substrate for matrix metalloproteinase-3 (stromelysin-1) and matrix metalloproteinase-7 (matrilysin)R Agnihotri
Center for Molecular Medicine, Maine Medical Center Research Institute, Scarborough, Maine 04074, USA
J Biol Chem 276:28261-7. 2001..We predict that interaction of MMPs with OPN at tumor and wound healing sites in vivo may be a mechanism of regulation of OPN bioactivity...
- Polymorphisms in MMP family and TIMP genes and carotid artery intima-media thicknessChristine Armstrong
Centre for Clinical Neuroscience, St George s University of London, Cranmer Terrace, Tooting, London, UK
Stroke 38:2895-9. 2007..We have therefore sought to address this issue in a large, well-phenotyped community population to assess the effect of a number of polymorphisms in both MMP and TIMP genes on carotid artery intima-media thickness (IMT)...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-1 and matrix metalloproteinase-3 gene promoter polymorphisms are associated with carotid artery stenosisGiorgio Ghilardi
Dipartimento di Medicina, Chirurgia, e Odontoiatria, Clinica Chirurgica Generale, Università degli Studi di Milano Polo S Paolo, Milan, Italy
Stroke 33:2408-12. 2002..The aim of this study was to investigate a possible association between MMP polymorphisms and increased risk of internal carotid artery (ICA) stenosis...
- A single nucleotide polymorphism in the matrix metalloproteinase-3 promoter enhances breast cancer susceptibilityGiorgio Ghilardi
Dipartimento di Medicina Chirurgia e Odontoiatria, Clinica Chirurgica Generale, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Polo S Paolo, I 20142 Milan, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 8:3820-3. 2002..The aim of this pilot study was to evaluate the impact of this 5A/6A polymorphism on susceptibility and metastasis in breast cancer...
- Association of matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-1 promoter polymorphism with head and neck squamous cell carcinomaTomoko Hashimoto
Department of Otolaryngology, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, 1 1 1 Minami kogushi, Ube, Yamaguchi, 755 8505, Japan
Cancer Lett 211:19-24. 2004..042; OR, 1.56). In the MMP-3 polymorphism, there was no significant difference in the genotype distribution between patients and controls. These data suggest that the MMP-1 promoter polymorphism may be associated with HNSCC...
- Prognostic significance of MMP-1 and MMP-3 functional promoter polymorphisms in colorectal cancerFranck Zinzindohoue
INSERM U490, Laboratoire de Toxicologie Moléculaire, 45 Rue des Saintes Pères, 75006 Paris, France
Clin Cancer Res 11:594-9. 2005..A polymorphism in the promoter region of the MMP-1 gene leads to a variation of its level of transcription...
- The role of genetic variants of matrix metalloproteinases in coronary and carotid atherosclerosisSonia Abilleira
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, St George s University of London, London, UK
J Med Genet 43:897-901. 2006....
- Functional polymorphisms and haplotypes in the promoter of the MMP2 gene are associated with risk of nasopharyngeal carcinomaGangqiao Zhou
The State Key Laboratory of Proteomics, Beijing Proteome Research Center, Beijing Institute of Radiation Medicine, Beijing, China
Hum Mutat 28:1091-7. 2007..Our findings suggest that the genetic polymorphisms or haplotype in the MMP2 promoter may play a role in mediating the susceptibility to NPC in Chinese populations...
- Novel transcription-factor-like function of human matrix metalloproteinase 3 regulating the CTGF/CCN2 geneTakanori Eguchi
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Dentistry, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2 5 1, Shikata cho, Okayama City, Okayama, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 28:2391-413. 2008..The involvement of this novel role of MMP3 in the development, tissue remodeling, and pathology of arthritic diseases through CCN2/CTGF regulation thus is suggested...
- Analysis of germline variants in CDH1, IGFBP3, MMP1, MMP3, STK15 and VEGF in familial and sporadic renal cell carcinomaChristopher Ricketts
Cancer Research UK Renal Molecular Oncology Group, Department of Medical and Molecular Genetics, University of Birmingham School of Medicine, Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK
PLoS ONE 4:e6037. 2009..Hence we hypothesised that low-penetrance functional genetic variants in pathways related to the VHL protein (pVHL) function might (a) modify the phenotypic expression of VHL disease and/or (b) predispose to sporadic RCC...
- Mycobacterium tuberculosis upregulates microglial matrix metalloproteinase-1 and -3 expression and secretion via NF-kappaB- and Activator Protein-1-dependent monocyte networksJustin A Green
Department of Infectious Diseases and Immunity, Hammersmith Campus, Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom
J Immunol 184:6492-503. 2010..Dexamethasone suppression of MMP-1/-3 gene expression provides a novel mechanism explaining the benefit of steroid therapy in these patients...
- Circulating levels of interleukin-6, vascular endothelial growth factor, YKL-40, matrix metalloproteinase-3, and total aggrecan in spondyloarthritis patients during 3 years of treatment with TNFα inhibitorsSusanne Juhl Pedersen
Department of Rheumatology, Copenhagen University Hospital, Herlev and Gentofte, Denmark
Clin Rheumatol 29:1301-9. 2010..Larger prospective studies are required to clarify clinical utility of these biomarkers...
- Stromelysin-1/matrix metalloproteinase-3 (MMP-3) expression accounts for invasive properties of human astrocytoma cell linesJavier Mercapide
Department of Pathology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Int J Cancer 106:676-82. 2003....
- Association of matrix metalloproteinase-1 and -3 promoter polymorphisms with clinical subsets of Norwegian primary sclerosing cholangitis patientsKristine Wiencke
Institute of Immunology, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, 0027 Oslo, Norway
J Hepatol 41:209-14. 2004..Due to association with inflammation, fibrosis, and cancer development, the matrix metalloproteinases MMP-1 and MMP-3 are candidate genes for predisposition to both PSC, UC and cholangiocarcinoma...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-9,-3 and tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinase-1 in colorectal cancer: relationship to clinicopathological variablesHuray Islekel
Department of Biochemistry, School of Medicine, Dokuz Eylul University, Inciralti, Izmir Turkey
Cell Biochem Funct 25:433-41. 2007..Additionally, assessment of TIMP-1 in relation to MMPs appeared to be crucial in CRC studies to provide a basis for the re-evaluation of the clinical usefulness of TIMP-1 in colorectal cancer...
- Stromelysin-1: three-dimensional structure of the inhibited catalytic domain and of the C-truncated proenzymeJ W Becker
Department of Molecular Design and Diversity, Merck Research Laboratories, Rahway, New Jersey 07065, USA
Protein Sci 4:1966-76. 1995....
- Mechanism of inhibition of the human matrix metalloproteinase stromelysin-1 by TIMP-1F X Gomis-Rüth
Max Planck Institut fur Biochemie, Abteilung für Strukturforschung, Martinsried, Germany
Nature 389:77-81. 1997..This unusual architecture of the interface between MMP-3 and TIMP-1 suggests new possibilities for designing TIMP variants and synthetic MMP inhibitors with potential therapeutic applications...
- Posttranslational modifications affect the activity of the human monocyte chemotactic proteins MCP-1 and MCP-2: identification of MCP-2(6-76) as a natural chemokine inhibitorP Proost
Rega Institute for Medical Research, Laboratory of Molecular Immunology, University of Leuven, Belgium
J Immunol 160:4034-41. 1998....
- Brevican is degraded by matrix metalloproteinases and aggrecanase-1 (ADAMTS4) at different sitesH Nakamura
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, Keio University, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 0016, Japan
J Biol Chem 275:38885-90. 2000....
- Proteolysis of AA amyloid fibril proteins by matrix metalloproteinases-1, -2, and -3B Stix
Institute of Pathology, Otto von Guericke University of Magdeburg, Leipziger Str 44, D 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Am J Pathol 159:561-70. 2001..This is the first study to show that human SAAs and AFPs are susceptible to proteolytic cleavage by MMPs. Immunocytochemistry and electron microscopy showed that degradation takes place in the pericellular or extracellular compartment...
- Suppression of membrane-type 1 matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-mediated MMP-2 activation and tumor invasion by testican 3 and its splicing variant gene product, N-TesM Nakada
Department of Molecular Virology and Oncology, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa University, Ishikawa 920 0934, Japan
Cancer Res 61:8896-902. 2001..These results suggest that both N-Tes and testican 3 would interfere with tumor invasion by inhibiting MT-MMPs...
- Molecular mechanism of the induction of metalloproteinases 1 and 3 in human fibroblasts by basic calcium phosphate crystals. Role of calcium-dependent protein kinase C alphaPaul M Reuben
Department of Medicine, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33101, USA
J Biol Chem 277:15190-8. 2002....
- Polymorphisms in the promoter regions of MMP-2, MMP-3, MMP-9 and MMP-12 genes as determinants of aneurysmal coronary artery diseaseNicolas Lamblin
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Lille, Lille Cedex, France
J Am Coll Cardiol 40:43-8. 2002..Our hypothesis was that functional polymorphisms in matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) genes may act as susceptibility factors for the development of coronary aneurysms (CAs)...
- Coeliac disease candidate genes: no association with functional polymorphisms in matrix metalloproteinase 1 and 3 gene promotersA S Louka
Scand J Gastroenterol 37:931-5. 2002..We tested for an association between these candidate gene polymorphisms and coeliac disease...
- Increased backbone mobility in beta-barrel enhances entropy gain driving binding of N-TIMP-1 to MMP-3S Arumugam
Department of Biochemistry, University of Missouri, 117 Schweitzer Hall, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
J Mol Biol 327:719-34. 2003The high-affinity inhibition of stromelysin 1 (MMP-3) by tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases 1 (TIMP-1) helps control tissue remodeling and tumor development...
- Expression and regulation of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 and matrix metalloproteinases by intestinal myofibroblasts in inflammatory bowel diseaseBrian C McKaig
Division of Gastroenterology, University Hospital, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham, United Kingdom
Am J Pathol 162:1355-60. 2003..These studies illustrate a potential mechanism by which differential expression of isoforms of TGF-beta may lead to excessive deposition of extracellular matrix and stricture formation via TIMP-1-mediated inhibition of MMP activity...
- Matrix metalloprotease-3 and -9 proteolyze insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1Hedley A Coppock
Endocrine Sciences, School of Biological Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PT, UK
Biol Reprod 71:438-43. 2004..These findings suggest cleavage of IGFBP-1 as a novel mechanism in the control of placental development by matrix metalloproteases...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-1 and -3 gene promoter polymorphisms in Japanese patients with periodontitisManami Itagaki
Division of Periodontology, Department of Oral Biological Science, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata, Japan
J Clin Periodontol 31:764-9. 2004..The aim of this study was to investigate whether these gene promoter polymorphisms were associated with the susceptibility to periodontitis...
- Hyaluronate inhibits the interleukin-1beta-induced expression of matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-1 and MMP-3 in human synovial cellsAkiko Sasaki
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Yamagata University School of Medicine, Japan
Tohoku J Exp Med 204:99-107. 2004..We therefore prepose that intra-articular HA may rescue inflamed joints from bone and cartilage destruction by reducing the production of MMP-1 and MMP-3...
- Lectin-like oxidized low-density lipoprotein receptor 1 mediates matrix metalloproteinase 3 synthesis enhanced by oxidized low-density lipoprotein in rheumatoid arthritis cartilageTakumi Kakinuma
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, 54 Kawahara cho, Shogoin, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Arthritis Rheum 50:3495-503. 2004....
- Genetic association between matrix metalloproteinase MMP-9 and MMP-3 polymorphisms and Japanese sporadic Alzheimer's diseaseNobuto Shibata
Department of Psychiatry, Juntendo University School of Medicine 2 1 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, 113 8421 Japan
Neurobiol Aging 26:1011-4. 2005..LD of the 5A/6A polymorphism with rs679620 was relatively strong. These results suggest that the common polymorphisms of MMP-9 and MMP-3 investigated here are not associated with AD...
- HIV type 1 glycoprotein 120 inhibits human B cell chemotaxis to CXC chemokine ligand (CXCL) 12, CC chemokine ligand (CCL)20, and CCL21Gamal Badr
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 131, Institut Paris Sud sur les Cytokines, Clamart, France
J Immunol 175:302-10. 2005..The gp120-induced decrease in B cell chemotaxis and CD62 ligand expression, and increase in CD95-mediated B cell apoptosis probably have major deleterious effects on B cell responsiveness during HIV infection and in vaccination trials...
- Analysis of two polymorphisms in the promoter region of matrix metalloproteinase 1 and 3 genes in women with endometriosisMaria Maddalena Ferrari
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Neonatology, Clinica L Mangiagalli, San Paolo Hospital, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 85:212-7. 2006....
- Differences in susceptibility of MBP charge isomers to digestion by stromelysin-1 (MMP-3) and release of an immunodominant epitopeCheryl A D'Souza
Centre for Research in Neurodegenerative Diseases, University of Toronto, 6 Queen s Park Cres West, Toronto, M5S 3H2, Canada
Neurochem Res 31:1045-54. 2006..Stromelysin-1 was able to cleave myelin basic protein in the presence of lipids and within the context of myelin and released several peptides including peptides containing the immunodominant epitope...
- Ultraviolet B-induced matrix metalloproteinase-1 and -3 secretions are mediated via PTEN/Akt pathway in human dermal fibroblastsJang Hee Oh
Department of Biological Sciences, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, 373 1 Guseong dong, Yuseong Gu, Daejeon 305 701, South Korea
J Cell Physiol 209:775-85. 2006....
- Epigallocatechin-3-gallate suppresses TNF-alpha -induced production of MMP-1 and -3 in rheumatoid arthritis synovial fibroblastsHee Jin Yun
Department of Internal Medicine, Chonbuk National University Medical School, Jeonju, 561 180, Republic of Korea
Rheumatol Int 29:23-9. 2008..Electrophoretic mobility shift assay revealed that EGCG inhibits binding of AP-1 proteins to its response elements in synovial fibroblast treated. Thus, EGCG may play a role in regulating inflammation and bone destruction in RA patients...
- Regulation of the transcription factor Ets-1 by DNA-mediated homo-dimerizationEkaterina P Lamber
EMBL Hamburg, c o DESY, Hamburg, Germany
EMBO J 27:2006-17. 2008..Our findings may also explain previous data of Ets-1 function in the context of heterologous transcription factors, thus providing a molecular model that could also be valid for Ets-1 regulation by hetero-oligomeric assembly...
- Matrix metalloprotease polymorphisms are associated with gas transfer in alpha 1 antitrypsin deficiencyChristopher J McAloon
Lung Investigation Unit, University Hospital Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
Ther Adv Respir Dis 3:23-30. 2009..Matrix metalloproteinases [MMPs] are believed to be important in the pathophysiology of COPD, and may therefore confer susceptibility to this phenotype in patients with AATD...
- Erg, an Ets-family member, differentially regulates human collagenase1 (MMP1) and stromelysin1 (MMP3) gene expression by physically interacting with the Fos/Jun complexG Buttice
Laboratoire d Oncologie Moleculaire, CNRS URA 1160, Institut Pasteur de Lille, France
Oncogene 13:2297-306. 1996....
- Matrix metalloproteinases: structures, evolution, and diversificationI Massova
Department of Chemistry, and Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan 48202 3489, USA
FASEB J 12:1075-95. 1998..Analysis indicates that a retrograde structure simplification may have accounted for the evolution of MMPs with simple domain constituents, such as matrilysin, from the larger and more elaborate enzymes...
- Inflammation dampened by gelatinase A cleavage of monocyte chemoattractant protein-3G A McQuibban
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Biomedical Research Centre, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z3, Canada
Science 289:1202-6. 2000..This suggests that matrix metalloproteinases are both effectors and regulators of the inflammatory response...
- Carotid intima-media thickness is associated with allelic variants of stromelysin-1, interleukin-6, and hepatic lipase genes: the Northern Manhattan Prospective Cohort StudyTanja Rundek
Neurological Institute, New York Presbyterian Hospital, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Stroke 33:1420-3. 2002..The objective of this study was to determine the association between carotid IMT and functional promoter variants of stromelysin-1 (MMP3: -1612 5A>6A), interleukin-6 (IL6: -174G>C), and hepatic lipase (HL: -480C>T) genes...
- Association of functional polymorphisms of matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-1 and MMP-3 genes with colorectal cancerYuji Hinoda
Department of Clinical Laboratory Science, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, Ube, Yamaguchi, Japan
Int J Cancer 102:526-9. 2002..0010; OR = 1.949; 95% CI = 1.305-2.911). Our present data suggest that the MMP-1 and MMP-3 promoter polymorphisms may be associated with a colorectal cancer susceptibility in Japanese...
- Association of functional gene polymorphisms of matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-1, MMP-3 and MMP-9 with the progression of chronic liver diseaseKinya Okamoto
Division of Medicine and Clinical Science, Tottori University School of Medicine, Yonago, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 20:1102-8. 2005..The aim of this study was to examine the possible association of MMP-1, MMP-3, and MMP-9 gene polymorphisms with the progression of chronic liver disease in the Japanese population...
- Polymorphism of matrix metalloproteinase-3 promoter gene as a risk factor for coronary artery lesions in Kawasaki diseaseJeong Ah Park
Department of Pediatrics, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 20:607-11. 2005..0036). However, no significant differences in the allele and genotype distributions of the MMP-9 polymorphism were observed. These findings suggest that MMP-3 6A/6A genotype may be an independent risk factor for CAL formation in KD...
- Genotypes and haplotypes of matrix metalloproteinase 1, 3 and 12 genes and the risk of lung cancerLi Su
Department of Environmental Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Carcinogenesis 27:1024-9. 2006..62-8.20) when compared with the most common 1G-5A-82A-1082A haplotype. In conclusion, the combined MMP genotypes and associated haplotypes may be associated with higher risk of lung cancer, particularly among never smokers and men...
- Genetic variants in matrix metalloproteinase genes are associated with development of gastric ulcer in H. Pylori infectionStephan Hellmig
Department of General Internal Medicine, University Hospital of Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel, Germany
Am J Gastroenterol 101:29-35. 2006..The aim of this study was to investigate if genetic variants in MMPs involved in the inflammatory response to H. pylori could predispose patients with chronic H. pylori infection to develop gastric ulcer disease...
- Promoter polymorphisms in matrix metalloproteinases and their inhibitors: few associations with breast cancer susceptibility and progressionHaixin Lei
Division of Molecular Genetic Epidemiology, German Cancer Research Center DKFZ, Im Neuenheimer Feld 580, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Breast Cancer Res Treat 103:61-9. 2007..34, 95% CI 1.08-5.08). Although our study suggests some correlations between the studied SNPs and the progression of breast cancer, the rarity of the risk genotypes limits their usefulness in the clinic...
- Matrix metalloproteinase polymorphisms and bladder cancer riskA Karim Kader
Department of Epidemiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer Res 66:11644-8. 2006..Heavy carcinogen exposure may overwhelm some of the genetic effects of MMP polymorphisms. Our study confirms the importance of taking a multigenic pathway-based approach to risk assessment...
- Matrix metalloproteinase 3 haplotypes and dementia and Alzheimer's disease. The Rotterdam StudyChristiane Reitz
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Erasmus Medical Center, P O Box 1738, 3000DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Neurobiol Aging 29:874-81. 2008..These associations did not differ between strata of APOEepsilon4 genotype. Our observations do not suggest that variation in the MMP3 gene is causally involved in dementia or AD...
- Variation in the matrix metalloproteinase-3, -7, -12 and -13 genes is associated with functional status in rheumatoid arthritisS Ye
Human Genetics Division, School of Medicine, University of Southampton, Southampton General Hospital, Southampton, UK
Int J Immunogenet 34:81-5. 2007..These results suggest that MMP3, MMP7, MMP12 and MMP13 genotypes may play a role in determining functional status of rheumatoid arthritis...
- Functional -1562 C-to-T polymorphism in matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9) promoter is associated with the risk for oral squamous cell carcinoma in younger male areca usersHsi Feng Tu
Institute of Oral Biology, School of Dentistry, National Yang Ming University, Taipei
J Oral Pathol Med 36:409-14. 2007..Thus, our aim was to determine whether a functional MMP-9 polymorphism might also influence the risk or affect the progression of areca-associated oral cancers...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-1, -3, and -9 gene polymorphisms and the risk of idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy in a Chinese Han populationLi Jiang Tang
Department of Cardiology, Taizhou Hospital of Zhejiang Province, Wenzhou Medical College, Linhai, Zhejiang 317000, China
Clin Biochem 40:1427-30. 2007..To investigate the association between matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-1(-1607 1G/2G), MMP-3(-1171 5A/6A), and MMP-9(-1562 C/T) polymorphism and susceptibility to idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy (IDCM)...
- Association of MMP-3 5A/6A gene polymorphism with susceptibility to carotid atherosclerosisTamara Djuric
Vinca Institute of Nuclear Sciences, Laboratory for Radiobiology and Molecular Genetics, P O Box 522, 11001 Belgrade, Serbia
Clin Biochem 41:1326-9. 2008..We assessed whether the MMP-3 promoter low- and high-activity genotypes are related to susceptibility for carotid atherosclerosis (CA) in Serbian population...
- Elevated serum matrix metalloproteinase-3 and -7 in H. pylori-related gastric cancer can be biomarkers correlating with a poor survivalYi Chun Yeh
Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, National Cheng Kung University Medical Center, Tainan, Taiwan
Dig Dis Sci 55:1649-57. 2010..This study aimed to test if serum levels of MMP-3, -7, and -9 are correlated with different clinical outcomes in H. pylori-infected subjects and if these are predictive of progression to H. pylori-related gastric cancer...
- Polymorphisms in the promoter regions of matrix metalloproteinases 1 and 3 and cancer risk: a meta-analysis of 50 case-control studiesBo Peng
State Key Laboratory of Genetic Engineering, Institute of Genetics, School of Life Science, Fudan University, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Mutagenesis 25:41-8. 2010..Future studies with larger sample sizes are warranted to further evaluate these associations in more detail...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-3 and vitamin d receptor genetic polymorphisms, and their interactions with occupational exposure in lumbar disc degenerationHan Yan Yuan
Department of Occupational Health, School of Public Health, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
J Occup Health 52:23-30. 2010..To investigate the occupational and genetic risk factors inducing lumbar disc degeneration in a Chinese population, and to explore their synergistic interactions...
- Allele-specific regulation of matrix metalloproteinase-3 gene by transcription factor NFkappaBVeronika Souslova
William Harvey Research Institute, Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary University of London, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 5:e9902. 2010..In the present study, we sought to investigate whether MMP3 and NFkappaB were co-localized in atherosclerotic lesions and whether NFkappaB had differential effects on the two alleles of the MMP3 5A/6A polymorphism...
- The genotypes of IL-1 beta and MMP-3 are associated with the prognosis of HCV-related hepatocellular carcinomaKinya Okamoto
The Second Department of Internal Medicine, Tottori University School of Medicine, Yonago
Intern Med 49:887-95. 2010....
- The rs522616 polymorphism in the matrix metalloproteinase-3 (MMP-3) gene is associated with sporadic brain arteriovenous malformation in a Chinese populationYao Zhao
Department of Neurosurgery, Huashan Hospital, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai 200040, China
J Clin Neurosci 17:1568-72. 2010..49-0.94, p = 0.019 for the AG + GG compared with the AA genotype). These findings indicate for the first time that the MMP-3 rs522616 polymorphism may contribute to the etiology of sporadic BAVM in the Chinese population...
- Macrophage-induced expression and release of matrix metalloproteinase 1 and 3 by human preadipocytes is mediated by IL-1β via activation of MAPK signalingDan Gao
Department of Obesity and Endocrinology, Institute of Ageing and Chronic Diseases, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
J Cell Physiol 226:2869-80. 2011....
- MMP3 and TIMP1 variants contribute to chronic periodontitis and may be implicated in disease progressionAriadne Letra
Department of Endodontics, School of Dentistry, and Pediatric Research Center, Medical School, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Periodontol 39:707-16. 2012..The purpose of this study was to investigate the association of MMP and TIMP polymorphisms with chronic periodontitis in two populations...
- Association of genetic dependences between lung cancer and chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseJacek Grudny
Third Department of Lung Diseases, Institute of Tuberculosis and Lung Diseases, ul Płocka 26, Warsaw
Pneumonol Alergol Pol 81:308-18. 2013..In the present paper the genes linked to the repair of oxidative damage of DNA, associated with cancer, of iron metabolism and coding proteolytic enzymes were assessed...
- Progression of coronary atherosclerosis is associated with a common genetic variant of the human stromelysin-1 promoter which results in reduced gene expressionS Ye
Division of Cardiovascular Genetics, Department of Medicine, University College London Medical School, London WC1E 6JJ, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 271:13055-60. 1996..Thus, the common 5A/6A polymorphism of the human stromelysin-1 promoter appears to play an important role in regulating stromelysin-1 gene expression and may be involved in the progression of coronary heart disease...
- Inactivation of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 by specific proteolysis with stromelysin-1 (MMP-3)H R Lijnen
Center for Molecular and Vascular Biology and Laboratory for Pharmaceutical Biology and Phytopharmacology, University of Leuven, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
J Biol Chem 275:37645-50. 2000..Cleavage and inactivation of PAI-1 by MMP-3 may thus constitute a mechanism decreasing the antiproteolytic activity of PAI-1 and impairing the potential inhibitory effect of vitronectin-bound PAI-1 on cell adhesion and/or migration...
- Stromelysin-1 and interleukin-6 gene promoter polymorphisms are determinants of asymptomatic carotid artery atherosclerosisR Rauramaa
Kuopio Research Institute of Exercise Medicine and the Department of Physiology, University of Kuopio Finland
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 20:2657-62. 2000....
- A functional polymorphism of the stromelysin gene (MMP-3) influences susceptibility to primary sclerosing cholangitisJ Satsangi
Oxford Radcliffe Hospitals, Oxford, England
Gastroenterology 121:124-30. 2001..The 5A allele is associated with increased transcription, compared with wild-type (6A)...
- Polymorphisms in matrix metalloproteinase-1, -3, -9, and -12 genes in relation to subarachnoid hemorrhageB Zhang
Human Genetics Research Division, Clinical Neurosciences Research Division, University of Southampton, School of Medicine, UK
Stroke 32:2198-202. 2001..The possible impact of MMP gene polymorphisms on susceptibility to intracranial aneurysms is still controversial, with conflicting data from different reported studies...
- The 5A6A polymorphism in the promoter of the stromelysin-1 (MMP3) gene as a risk factor for restenosisS Humphries
Centre for Cardiovascular Genetics, Department of Medicine, UCLMS, The Rayne Institute, London, UK
Eur Heart J 23:721-5. 2002..We used a functional polymorphism (with alleles designated 5A or 6A) in the promoter of the MMP3 gene to examine the possible role of MMP3 in restenosis...
- Stromelysin 1 (matrix metalloproteinase 3) and HLA-DRB1 gene polymorphisms: Association with severity and progression of rheumatoid arthritis in a prospective studyArnaud Constantin
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Rangueil, INSERM U558, and INSERM U395, Toulouse, France
Arthritis Rheum 46:1754-62. 2002....
- The roles of stromelysin-1 and the gelatinase B gene polymorphism in stable anginaJung Sun Kim
Cardiology Division, Yonsei Cardiovascular Hospital and Research Institute, C P O Box 8044, Seoul 120 752, Korea
Yonsei Med J 43:473-81. 2002..Our results show that functional genetic variation of stromelysin-1 could be a significant risk factor for stable angina, and might play an important role in coronary atherosclerosis involving vascular remodeling...
- Interaction between smoking and the stromelysin-1 (MMP3) gene 5A/6A promoter polymorphism and risk of coronary heart disease in healthy menS E Humphries
Centre for Cardiovascular Genetics, Department of Medicine, University College London Medical School, Rayne Institute, 5 University St, London WC1E 6JJ, UK
Ann Hum Genet 66:343-52. 2002..Men with the stromelysin genotype 5A5A represent 29% of the general population, and their high risk, if smokers, provides a further strong argument for smoking avoidance...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-3 genotype contributes to age-related aortic stiffening through modulation of gene and protein expressionTanya L Medley
Alfred and Baker Medical Unit, Baker Heart Research Institute, PO Box 6492, St Kilda Road Central, Melbourne, Victoria, 8008, Australia
Circ Res 92:1254-61. 2003..We conclude that MMP-3 genotype may be an important determinant of vascular remodeling and age-related arterial stiffening, with the heterozygote having the optimal balance between matrix accumulation and deposition...
- Spinal Matrix Metalloproteinases in Hyperalgesia and AllodyniaCHRISTINA CHRISTIANSON; Fiscal Year: 2010..Many chronic pain conditions are inadequately alleviated by available medications. This proposal will examine the role of matrix metalloproteinases in the onset and the duration of pain sensations. ..
- Zena Werb; Fiscal Year: 2016..mechanisms of this complex interplay between malignant cancer cells and the surrounding non- malignant stroma represents one of the major challenges in cancer research, which once understood, will foster new approaches to cancer therapy, ..
- Matrix Metalloproteinases and Regenerative Plasticity Following Brain InjuryLinda Phillips; Fiscal Year: 2007..Two gelatinases (MMPs 2,9), stromelysin-1 (MMP 3) and the MMP activator plasmin all showed shifts in expression and function which correlated with different phases ..
- Matrix Metalloproteinases-Subcapsular Cataract FormationJUDITH WEST MAYS; Fiscal Year: 2004..Finally, the TGF-beta model in rats will be adapted to the mouse lens in order to use MMP knockout mice for determining the individual role(s) of candidate MMPs in subcapsular cataract formation. ..
- Matrix Metalloproteinases-Subcapsular Cataract FormationJUDITH WEST MAYS; Fiscal Year: 2002..Finally, the TGF-b model in rats will be adapted to the mouse lens in order to use MMP knockout mice for determining the individual role(s) of candidate MMPs in subcapsular cataract formation. ..
- LISA JOY MCCAWLEY; Fiscal Year: 2014..An essential part of wound healing is inflammation. Matrix Metalloproteinases such as MMP3 may play a key role in regulating inflammation during wound healing. ..
- Conor C Lynch; Fiscal Year: 2014..abstract_text> ..
- Gregg B Fields; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Seth M Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2016..These will be developed for the MMPs and CAs, as well as a variety of other metalloproteins of medicinal interest. ..
- Matrix Metalloproteinases and PPAR Gamma in SarcoidosisDaniel Culver; Fiscal Year: 2009..with disease progression by relating the 2-year clinical outcome of sarcoidosis with the baseline levels of MMP 3, 7, 9, 12 and their endogenous inhibitors (tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases- TIMPs) in granulomas and ..
- Role of Matrix Metalloproteinases in Drug RelapseTravis Brown; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ACTIVATION OF COLLAGENASE IN RHEUMATOID ARTHRITISL Windsor; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Paolo Mignatti; Fiscal Year: 2014..The knowledge derived from our study will be of fundamental importance for designing novel pharmacological agents to block tumor progression. ..
- STEPHEN JOSEPH WEISS; Fiscal Year: 2016..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: These studies should provide new insights into the role of the MT-MMPs in normal and neoplastic cell populations and define their potential importance as targets for novel therapeutic interventions. ..
- IL1 AND GINGIVAL COLLAGENASE GENE REGULATIONDINESH TEWARI; Fiscal Year: 1999..g. collagenase, stromelysin (proteoglycanase)) and thereby has been linked to gingival soft tissue destruction associated with periodontitis...
- METALLOPROTEASES IN CONNECTIVE TISSUE MATRIX BREAKDOWNHideaki Nagase; Fiscal Year: 2002..The principal investigator also proposes to examine the role of cell surface TIMP-2 in this activation process. ..
- Human Cytomegalovirus-Induced Inhibition of Cytotrophoblast InvasionCINDY ANNE MORRIS; Fiscal Year: 2012..Defining how HCMV impairs EVT invasion is of major importance to the reproductive community and may provide additional therapeutic targets to maintain viable pregnancy. ..
- Roberto Nicosia; Fiscal Year: 2014..Studies proposed in this grant will contribute to the VA care mission since many diseases afflicting the veteran patient population are associated with abnormal persistence or loss of angiogenic neovessels. ..
- IMPROVED ASSAYS FOR SPECIFICALLY MEASURING COLLAGENASE-3MICHAEL VITEK; Fiscal Year: 2004..Phage display results are reported for stromelysin 1, gelatinase A and gelatinase B while a synthetic peptide library was used to determine the substrate ..
- REGULATION OF GINGIVAL COLLAGENASE EXPRESSION BY STAT3Manorama Tewari; Fiscal Year: 2000Interleukin-1 (IL-1) the production of metalloproteinases [e.g., collagenase and stromelysin (proteoglycanase)] in gingival fibroblasts and thereby has been linked to gingival soft tissue destruction associated with periodontitis...
- CELLULAR AND MOLECULAR TARGETING OF TMJ DESTRUCTIONDAVID TIPTON; Fiscal Year: 2002..It is hoped that completion of these three aims will provide a detailed knowledge of the biological basis of TMJ destruction via synovial fibroblasts and MMP pathway. ..
- Mechanisms of CD40-mediated Expression of MMPs & TIMP-1Peter Chen; Fiscal Year: 2005..Additionally, the role of the JNK, p42/p44 and p38 MAPK signaling pathways in MMP expression after CD40 activation on lung fibroblasts will be determined. ..
- OSTEOBLAST MEDIATED TURNOVER OF COLLAGENASE IN BONENicola Partridge; Fiscal Year: 2003..Critical new information on the biology of this important molecule may be derived from these studies. ..
- HYALURONAN-CELL INTERACTIONS IN CARTILAGECheryl B Knudson; Fiscal Year: 2013..Together these aims will contribute to our understanding of HA-CD44 interactions in the regulation of chondrocyte metabolism. ..
- PROTEASES, AGING, AND NEURODEGENERATIVE DISEASESPAUL GOTTSCHALL; Fiscal Year: 1999..Results from these experiments may define a possible functional relationship between the secretion of MMPs and the well-known neurotoxic and/or neurotrophic action of Abeta. ..
- PROTEOLIPIDS IN MATRIX VESICLE MEDIATED CALCIFICATIONSIMON VAN DIJK; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- Aqueous humor dynamics studies in vivo and in vitroPAUL LEON KAUFMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- METABOLISM IN NORMAL AND OSTEOARTHRITIC CARTILAGEHenry Mankin; Fiscal Year: 2001..It is further speculated that the study of serine proteinases produced by OA cartilage may have strong implications for the management of this debilitating disease. ..
- Endocrine Status of MG Stroma Alters Breast CA InvasionPepper Schedin; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Common mechanisms of Osteoarthritis in three mouse modelsRobert E Seegmiller; Fiscal Year: 2010..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: This study in three murine models will provide biomolecular insight into the pathogenesis of OA and pave the way for future investigations into the use of various drug and gene-based therapies. ..
- KLF4-Dependent Regulation of SMC Differentiation and Phenotypic SwitchingGary K Owens; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- EDUARDO JESUS CANDELARIO-JALIL; Fiscal Year: 2015..This will help to reduce the burdens of this neurological disease. ..
- Annette M Esper; Fiscal Year: 2014..The long- term goal is to develop an affordable approach that can be used for predicting disease susceptibility, diagnosis, risk stratification, response to therapy and prognosis. ..
- Eosinophil-Airway Epithelial Fas-FasL InteractionsKimm Hamann; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- COMMON VARIANTS IN CANDIDATE GENES AND PREMATURE MI RISKStephen Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- IL-6 regulation of matrix degradation in liver fibrosisMeena Bansal; Fiscal Year: 2006..Understanding these mechanisms will provide the basis for the development of novel anti-fibrotic therapies to treat a widely prevalent disease for which there is no effective treatment to date. ..
- REGULATION OF RETINAL PIGMENTED EPITHELIAL ECMSTed Acott; Fiscal Year: 1993..Understanding the nature and behavior of RPE ECMs, is an important prerequisite for determining the functions and behaviors of these ECMs in the normal and in the pathological retina...
- Exercise Driven Molecular Mechanisms of Joint RepairSudha Agarwal; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- METALLOPROTEASES IN SKELETAL DEVELOPMENT AND GROWTHSUNEEL APTE; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanisms of MMP-3 Action in Acute Lung InjuryJames Varani; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies will provide an overall understanding of the mechanism(s) by which MMP-3 contributes to acute lung injury. ..
- TRASIN AND TUMOR PROMOTION AND PROGRESSIONLynn Matrisian; Fiscal Year: 2000..The studies proposed in this application could provide important new insights into molecules mediating host/tumor interactions and tumor invasion and metastasis in a well defined model of tumor progression. ..
- Parallel Capillary Bioreactors for Leukocyte Transendothelial Migration AnalysisLISA MCCAWLEY; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- INHIBITION OF THE ANGIOGENIC RESPONSELuisa Iruela Arispe; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- MMPs & Genomic Instability in Mammary Tumor DevelopmentLaurie Littlepage; Fiscal Year: 2005..2) Determine if MMP-3 affects the rate of mutagenesis in mammary tumor development. (3) Examine effect of apoptosis on generating genomic instability and on MMP-3-dependent mammary tumor progression. ..
- DDR1 controls tumor homing in breast to bone metastasisCelso Gomez Sanchez; Fiscal Year: 2004..A survey of the CRISP database showed that the NIH currently funds no other research on DDR1. ..
- ROLE OF IL-1 ALPHA IN METASTASIS OF BREAST CANCERHarikrishna Nakshatri; Fiscal Year: 2001..This exploratory research is essential for the development of therapeutic agents targeted against IL-1alpha. ..
- IL-1 AND GINGIVAL PROTEINASES IN PERIODONTITISEugene Mochan; Fiscal Year: 1992..g., collagenase, proteoglycanase and plasminogen activator) and thereby, has been linked to gingival soft tissue destruction associated with ..
- Redox Regulation of Multidrug Resistance Gene ExpressionMACUS KUO; Fiscal Year: 2009..We hope from these studies to learn the molecular bases of redox conditions that affect drug sensitivity through the regulation of their respective drug resistance gene expression. ..
- Transcriptional Regulation of Matrix Metalloproteinase-3 (MMP-3)RUTH BORGHAEI; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our increased understanding of these transcriptional control mechanisms, and how they sometimes fail, will be important to improve our understanding of a variety of pathologies. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- REGULATION OF CELL DIFFERENTATION DURING DECIDUALIZATIONZuzana Strakova; Fiscal Year: 2002..We anticipate that our ongoing studies will contribute to find therapies to treat endometrial dysfunctions associated with infertility, habitual abortions and/or insufficient placental development. ..
- Cell Differentation During DecidualizationZuzana Strakova; Fiscal Year: 2010..Thus, in the long term our studies might provide new targets of intervention leading to improvements in diagnosis and treatment. ..
- BONE FACTORS AND ENDOCHONDRAL OSSIFICATIONBarbara Boyan; Fiscal Year: 2001..It is suggested that these results will provide insight into the role these factors play in bone development and repair. ..
- BASAL LAMINA MOLECULES AND SYNAPTOGENESISMICHAEL WERLE; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- ROLE OF MEMBRANES AND MINERALIZATION OF BONES AND TEETHBarbara Boyan; Fiscal Year: 2001..This work will have major implications for our understanding of MV and how cells that calcify their matrix are able to regulate these extracellular organelles at distant sites. ..
- GTPase Activating Proteins in Aging and OsteoarthritisLisa Fortier; Fiscal Year: 2007..We anticipate that these findings will facilitate identification of target molecules for development of therapeutics modalities for OA. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mechanisms of Myocardial Radiofrequency Scar ExpansionRupak Mukherjee; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Influence of Sex and Gender on Musculoskeletal HealthBarbara Boyan; Fiscal Year: 2004..Worldwide current and future clinical trials will be discussed. Short papers on the workshop topics, future directions, and scientific updates will be published via Internet and summary papers in peer-reviewed journals. ..
- Development of Hydrogel Spinal Disc ReplacementBarbara Boyan; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Age-Related Differences in Cartilage OP-1Susan Chubinskaya; Fiscal Year: 2005..This study will contribute to the understanding of the mechanisms of cartilage repair/anabolism. ..
- Estrogen regulation of uterine microRNAs: Novel factors in MMP-9 regulationWarren Nothnick; Fiscal Year: 2008..Enhancing our understanding on the regulation of MMP-9 expression may lead to the establishment of novel approaches to counteract mis-expression of this protease and the diseases associated with it. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Knockdown of Interleukin-1Beta Signaling in OsteoarthritisKELLY SANTANGELO; Fiscal Year: 2008..Both methods will utilize self-complementary adeno-associated viral serotype 5 vectors. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Suppression of Breakthrough Bleeding in LNG-IUS UsersOv Slayden; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposal brings basic scientists and clinicians together for a "bench to bedside" approach that will advance women's health and improve contraceptive technology. ..
- Cancer Education Program:Student Research ExperiencesTimothy Bos; Fiscal Year: 2006..Mechanisms to evaluate the program are designed to assess (a) student achievement of research objectives; (b) the research experience and program design; and (c) short-term and long-term outcomes. ..
- LOAD INDUCED DISC DEGENERATION IN A RAT TAIL MODELJames Iatridis; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- THE PHYSIOLOGY OF IGFBP DEGRADING PROTEINASES IN BONEJohn Fowlkes; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- The Mechanism of IVIG Action in PemphigusZhi Liu; Fiscal Year: 2006..The overall goal of this project is to study the mechanisms of WIG action in autoantibody-mediated diseases and develop novel therapies to replace current immunosuppressive treatments, which confer severe side effects. ..
- FAMILY STUDIES OF THE GENETICS OF ANKYLOSING SPONDYLITISJohn Reveille; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanisms of Atherosclerosis and CVD in HIV+ WomenRobert Kaplan; Fiscal Year: 2009..This investigation will have major implications for the development of strategies to predict, prevent, or reverse atherosclerosis in HIV- infected women. ..
- The stress of dry eye on corneal barrier functionCINTIA DE PAIVA; Fiscal Year: 2006..TJ and LEP expression will be evaluated by laser scanning confocal microscopy and immunostaining. Pro inflammatory mediator expression will be evaluated by Western Blot, ELISA and the Luminex Multiplex Assay. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MITOGEN ACTIVATED PROTEIN KINASES AND BREAST CANCERKALADHAR REDDY; Fiscal Year: 2003..The long term goal is the identification of molecular events underlying tumor progression that are potential targets for the development of rational therapeutic agents. ..
- The Roles of Osteonectin and Osteoactivin in GliomasJeremy Rich; Fiscal Year: 2007..2) Validate osteonectin and osteoactivin as potential therapeutic targets in glioma invasion. It is hoped that these studies will provide the basis of novel therapeutic interventions for patients with malignant gliomas. ..
- Gene-Environment Interactions and Stroke SusceptibilityMyriam Fornage; Fiscal Year: 2004..We will also identify and characterize DNA variation in a panel of selected stroke-candidate human genes and test whether variation in these genes is associated with risk of developing a stroke in the ARIC sample. ..
- A PROSPECTIVE STUDY OF ALASKA NATIVES & AMERICAN INDIANSMARTHA OR MARTY SLATTERY; Fiscal Year: 2006..The AIAN cohort will serve as a resource to enhance research and training activities of AIAN students interested in health research, health education, and general public health. ..
- Adenosine Agonists: Potential Antiglaucoma AgentsCraig E Crosson; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- The role BH3 and multi BH domain genes in regulating monocyte survival and functiHarris Perlman; Fiscal Year: 2008..Further our goal is to characterize mice lacking Bim or it signaling partners only in monocytes and macrophages. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..