Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MMP-3
Description: matrix metallopeptidase 3
Alias: CHDS6, MMP-3, SL-1, STMY, STMY1, STR1, stromelysin-1, matrix metalloproteinase 3 (stromelysin 1, progelatinase), proteoglycanase, transin-1
- Letra A, Silva R, Rylands R, Silveira E, de Souza A, Wendell S, et al. MMP3 and TIMP1 variants contribute to chronic periodontitis and may be implicated in disease progression. J Clin Periodontol. 2012;39:707-16 pubmed publisher..Our results further support a role for variations in MMP3 in chronic periodontitis and report a novel association with TIMP1. These genes may be considered additional candidate genes for chronic periodontitis. ..
- Hellmig S, Ott S, Rosenstiel P, Robert Fölsch U, Hampe J, Schreiber S. Genetic variants in matrix metalloproteinase genes are associated with development of gastric ulcer in H. Pylori infection. Am J Gastroenterol. 2006;101:29-35 pubmed..pylori infection. Further studies are warranted to elucidate the pathophysiological role of these genes in ulcerogenesis. ..
- Nishizawa R, Nagata M, Noman A, Kitamura N, Fujita H, Hoshina H, et al. The 2G allele of promoter region of matrix metalloproteinase-1 as an essential pre-condition for the early onset of oral squamous cell carcinoma. BMC Cancer. 2007;7:187 pubmed..However this report suggests a crucial impact of the MMP-1 2G allele in the early onset OSCC. ..
- Bradbury P, Zhai R, Hopkins J, Kulke M, Heist R, Singh S, et al. Matrix metalloproteinase 1, 3 and 12 polymorphisms and esophageal adenocarcinoma risk and prognosis. Carcinogenesis. 2009;30:793-8 pubmed publisher..MMP1, MMP3 and possibly MMP12 -82A/G polymorphisms and their haplotypes are associated with increased EA risk. ..
- Si Tayeb K, Monvoisin A, Mazzocco C, Lepreux S, Decossas M, Cubel G, et al. Matrix metalloproteinase 3 is present in the cell nucleus and is involved in apoptosis. Am J Pathol. 2006;169:1390-401 pubmed..This study elucidates for the first time the mechanisms of nuclear localization of a MMP and shows that nuclear MMP-3 can induce apoptosis via its catalytic activity. ..
- Karppinen J, Daavittila I, Solovieva S, Kuisma M, Taimela S, Natri A, et al. Genetic factors are associated with modic changes in endplates of lumbar vertebral bodies. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2008;33:1236-41 pubmed publisher..008). This is the first study evaluating the role of genetic factors in relation to Modic changes. Genetic variations in the IL1 cluster and the MMP3 gene together were found to be significantly associated with type II Modic changes. ..
- Rodriguez Lopez J, Perez Pampin E, Gomez Reino J, Gonzalez A. Regulatory polymorphisms in extracellular matrix protease genes and susceptibility to rheumatoid arthritis: a case-control study. Arthritis Res Ther. 2006;8:R1 pubmed
- Wang C, Dai J, Wang L, Jia J, Zheng Z, Ding J, et al. Expression of CD147 (EMMPRIN) on neutrophils in rheumatoid arthritis enhances chemotaxis, matrix metalloproteinase production and invasiveness of synoviocytes. J Cell Mol Med. 2011;15:850-60 pubmed publisher..Better knowledge of these findings will hopefully provide a new insight into the pathogenesis of RA. ..
- Chaudhary A, Singh M, Bharti A, Singh M, Shukla S, Singh A, et al. Synergistic effect of stromelysin-1 (matrix metalloproteinase-3) promoter (-1171 5A->6A) polymorphism in oral submucous fibrosis and head and neck lesions. BMC Cancer. 2010;10:369 pubmed publisher..Analysis of MMP 3 (-1171 5A->6A) polymorphism revealed the frequency of 5A allele in OSMF, HNSCC and controls to be 0.15, 0...
- Raleigh S, van der Merwe L, Ribbans W, Smith R, Schwellnus M, Collins M. Variants within the MMP3 gene are associated with Achilles tendinopathy: possible interaction with the COL5A1 gene. Br J Sports Med. 2009;43:514-20 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the MMP3 gene variant rs679620 and the COL5A1 marker rs12722 interact to modify the risk of tendinopathy. These data further support a genetic contribution to a common sports related injury. ..
- Vairaktaris E, Yapijakis C, Vasiliou S, Derka S, Nkenke E, Serefoglou Z, et al. Association of -1171 promoter polymorphism of matrix metalloproteinase-3 with increased risk for oral cancer. Anticancer Res. 2007;27:4095-100 pubmed..04-4.48 and OR 1.78, 95% CI 1.01-3.13, respectively). The results of this study suggest that the high expression 5A allele of the MMP-3 gene is associated with an increased risk for oral cancer in certain individuals. ..
- Eguchi T, Kubota S, Kawata K, Mukudai Y, Uehara J, Ohgawara T, et al. Novel transcription-factor-like function of human matrix metalloproteinase 3 regulating the CTGF/CCN2 gene. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:2391-413 pubmed publisher..The involvement of this novel role of MMP3 in the development, tissue remodeling, and pathology of arthritic diseases through CCN2/CTGF regulation thus is suggested. ..
- McColgan P, Sharma P. Polymorphisms of matrix metalloproteinases 1, 2, 3 and 9 and susceptibility to lung, breast and colorectal cancer in over 30,000 subjects. Int J Cancer. 2009;125:1473-8 pubmed publisher..Subjects with the MMP-1 nt-1607 polymorphism have an increased association with colorectal cancer. Those homozygous for either the MMP-2/1306T or 735T allele may be at reduced risk of lung cancer, although the evidence base is small. ..
- Cheng Y, Kao W, Mitchell B, O Connell J, Shen H, McArdle P, et al. Genome-wide association scan identifies variants near Matrix Metalloproteinase (MMP) genes on chromosome 11q21-22 strongly associated with serum MMP-1 levels. Circ Cardiovasc Genet. 2009;2:329-37 pubmed publisher..Identification of the genetic variants that influence MMP-1 levels may provide insights into genetic mechanisms of cardiovascular disease. ..
- Tu H, Wu C, Kao S, Liu C, Liu T, Lui M. Functional -1562 C-to-T polymorphism in matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9) promoter is associated with the risk for oral squamous cell carcinoma in younger male areca users. J Oral Pathol Med. 2007;36:409-14 pubmed..However, functional MMP-9 -1562 C>T polymorphism is associated with OSCC risk only in younger areca chewers. The impact of aging or areca-related effect on this functional polymorphism should be elucidated. ..
- Couillard J, Demers M, Lavoie G, St Pierre Y. The role of DNA hypomethylation in the control of stromelysin gene expression. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;342:1233-9 pubmed..Finally, we found that induction of mmp-3 and mmp-10 gene expression by hypomethylation was cell-specific, suggesting that epigenetic changes may predispose cells to express stromelysin genes. ..
- Elander N, Söderkvist P, Fransen K. Matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) -1, -2, -3 and -9 promoter polymorphisms in colorectal cancer. Anticancer Res. 2006;26:791-5 pubmed..The MMP-1 promoter polymorphism seems to affect the susceptibility to CRC, while MMP-2, -3 and -9 polymorphisms appear less likely to have any impact on CRC. ..
- Fakhoury H, Noureddine S, Tamim H, Chmaisse H, Makki R. Association of MMP3-1171(5A>6A) polymorphism with lung cancer in Lebanon. Genet Test Mol Biomarkers. 2012;16:988-90 pubmed publisher..7, 95% [CI]=1.3-5.3; Fisher's p-value=0.005). This study may form an additional evidence for the association of MMP3 enzyme and genetic susceptibility to lung cancer. ..
- Menezes Silva R, Khaliq S, Deeley K, Letra A, Vieira A. Genetic susceptibility to periapical disease: conditional contribution of MMP2 and MMP3 genes to the development of periapical lesions and healing response. J Endod. 2012;38:604-7 pubmed publisher..Variations in MMP2 and MMP3 are associated with periapical lesion formation in individuals with untreated deep carious lesions. Future studies could help predict host susceptibility to developing periapical lesions. ..
- Zhu C, Odeberg J, Hamsten A, Eriksson P. Allele-specific MMP-3 transcription under in vivo conditions. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;348:1150-6 pubmed..In conclusion, the common MMP-3 5A/6A promoter polymorphism appears to be functional only during specific environmental conditions involving inflammation. ..
- Okamoto K, Mimura K, Murawaki Y, Yuasa I. Association of functional gene polymorphisms of matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-1, MMP-3 and MMP-9 with the progression of chronic liver disease. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2005;20:1102-8 pubmed..These findings suggest that MMP-1, MMP-3, and MMP-9 gene polymorphisms account for some of the variability in the progression of HCV-related chronic liver diseases. ..
- Grudny J, Kołakowski J, Kruszewski M, Szopiński J, Sliwiński P, Wiatr E, et al. Association of genetic dependences between lung cancer and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Pneumonol Alergol Pol. 2013;81:308-18 pubmed..These results indicate that patients with coincidence of COPD and lung cancer have disorders of the genes involved in iron metabolism, and they have different genetic polymorphisms of proteolytic enzymes comparing to COPD patients. ..
- Li Y, Jin X, Kang S, Wang Y, Du H, Zhang J, et al. Polymorphisms in the promoter regions of the matrix metalloproteinases-1, -3, -7, and -9 and the risk of epithelial ovarian cancer in China. Gynecol Oncol. 2006;101:92-6 pubmed
- Green J, Elkington P, Pennington C, Roncaroli F, Dholakia S, Moores R, et al. Mycobacterium tuberculosis upregulates microglial matrix metalloproteinase-1 and -3 expression and secretion via NF-kappaB- and Activator Protein-1-dependent monocyte networks. J Immunol. 2010;184:6492-503 pubmed publisher..Dexamethasone suppression of MMP-1/-3 gene expression provides a novel mechanism explaining the benefit of steroid therapy in these patients. ..
- Kim E, Hwang O. Role of matrix metalloproteinase-3 in neurodegeneration. J Neurochem. 2011;116:22-32 pubmed publisher..Thus, modulation of MMP-3 expression and/or activity could be of therapeutic value for neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Okamoto K, Ishida C, Ikebuchi Y, Mandai M, Mimura K, Murawaki Y, et al. The genotypes of IL-1 beta and MMP-3 are associated with the prognosis of HCV-related hepatocellular carcinoma. Intern Med. 2010;49:887-95 pubmed..The IL-1b -31 T allele and MMP-3 5A allele are cooperative risk factors for poor prognosis in HCC patients, suggesting that these gene polymorphisms might be potential markers for predicting the prognosis of HCC patients. ..
- Peng B, Cao L, Wang W, Xian L, Jiang D, Zhao J, et al. Polymorphisms in the promoter regions of matrix metalloproteinases 1 and 3 and cancer risk: a meta-analysis of 50 case-control studies. Mutagenesis. 2010;25:41-8 pubmed publisher..Future studies with larger sample sizes are warranted to further evaluate these associations in more detail. ..
- Tu H, Liu C, Chang C, Lui M, Kao S, Chang C, et al. The functional (-1171 5A-->6A) polymorphisms of matrix metalloproteinase 3 gene as a risk factor for oral submucous fibrosis among male areca users. J Oral Pathol Med. 2006;35:99-103 pubmed..18). No association was found between 5A genotype in MMP3 promoter and site or lymph node metastasis and stage of OSCC. The results indicated that the 5A genotype of MMP3 promoter was associated with the risk of OSF but not OSCC. ..
- Zhao Y, Li P, Fan W, Chen D, Gu Y, Lu D, et al. The rs522616 polymorphism in the matrix metalloproteinase-3 (MMP-3) gene is associated with sporadic brain arteriovenous malformation in a Chinese population. J Clin Neurosci. 2010;17:1568-72 pubmed publisher..49-0.94, p = 0.019 for the AG + GG compared with the AA genotype). These findings indicate for the first time that the MMP-3 rs522616 polymorphism may contribute to the etiology of sporadic BAVM in the Chinese population. ..
- Dey S, Stalin S, Gupta A, Saha D, Kesh K, Swarnakar S. Matrix metalloproteinase3 gene promoter polymorphisms and their haplotypes are associated with gastric cancer risk in eastern Indian population. Mol Carcinog. 2012;51 Suppl 1:E42-53 pubmed publisher..The analyses suggested that the MMP3-707 G/G and MMP3-1612 5A/6A polymorphisms are potential independent predictors of gastric cancer risk development. ..
- Mendes O, Kim H, Stoica G. Expression of MMP2, MMP9 and MMP3 in breast cancer brain metastasis in a rat model. Clin Exp Metastasis. 2005;22:237-46 pubmed..In addition, PD 166793 decreased the in vitro invasive cell behavior of ENU1546. Together our results suggest that MMP-2, -3 and -9 may be involved in the process of metastasis of breast cancer to the brain. ..
- Zhou G, Zhai Y, Cui Y, Qiu W, Yang H, Zhang X, et al. Functional polymorphisms and haplotypes in the promoter of the MMP2 gene are associated with risk of nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Hum Mutat. 2007;28:1091-7 pubmed..Our findings suggest that the genetic polymorphisms or haplotype in the MMP2 promoter may play a role in mediating the susceptibility to NPC in Chinese populations. ..
- Ferrari M, Rossi G, Biondi M, Vigano P, Dell utri C, Meschia M. Type I collagen and matrix metalloproteinase 1, 3 and 9 gene polymorphisms in the predisposition to pelvic organ prolapse. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2012;285:1581-6 pubmed publisher..04). Our findings suggest that the polymorphism of metalloproteinases-1 might have a role in mediating susceptibility to pelvic organ prolapse. ..
- Yi Y, Chou P, Chen L, Kuo W, Ho E, Han C, et al. Matrix metalloproteinase-7 (MMP-7) polymorphism is a risk factor for endometrial cancer susceptibility. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2010;48:337-44 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that individuals with the MMP-7 -181 G/G and A/G genotype may have an increased risk of developing endometrial cancer. ..
- Yu F, Liu H, Lee J, Liao M, Shih W. Hepatitis B virus X protein promotes cell migration by inducing matrix metalloproteinase-3. J Hepatol. 2005;42:520-7 pubmed..This HBx effect was abrogated in the presence of a MMP-3 specific peptide inhibitor. HBx exerts selective transcriptional control in hepatoma cells and induces cellular migration through the activation of MMP-3. ..
- Yeh Y, Sheu B, Cheng H, Wang Y, Yang H, Wu J. Elevated serum matrix metalloproteinase-3 and -7 in H. pylori-related gastric cancer can be biomarkers correlating with a poor survival. Dig Dis Sci. 2010;55:1649-57 pubmed publisher..006). Concomitant elevations of MMP-3 and MMP-7 serum levels in the H. pylori-infected gastric cancer patients could serve as potential biomarkers to correlate with poor survival. ..
- Scherer S, de Souza T, de Paoli J, Brenol C, Xavier R, Brenol J, et al. Matrix metalloproteinase gene polymorphisms in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Rheumatol Int. 2010;30:369-73 pubmed publisher..05). The results presented in this study provide evidence of an association between the MMP-3 gene polymorphism and RA. ..
- Shibata N, Ohnuma T, Higashi S, Usui C, Ohkubo T, Kitajima A, et al. Genetic association between matrix metalloproteinase MMP-9 and MMP-3 polymorphisms and Japanese sporadic Alzheimer's disease. Neurobiol Aging. 2005;26:1011-4 pubmed..LD of the 5A/6A polymorphism with rs679620 was relatively strong. These results suggest that the common polymorphisms of MMP-9 and MMP-3 investigated here are not associated with AD. ..
- Lu Z, Wang Y, Cao Y, Zhang Q, Zhang X, Li Y, et al. [Correlations of polymorphisms in matrix metalloproteinase-3 and -7 promoters to susceptibility to brain astrocytoma]. Ai Zheng. 2007;26:463-8 pubmed..MMP-7 -181A/G polymorphism may influence the susceptibility to astrocytoma, while MMP-3-1171 5A/6A polymorphism has no correlation to the susceptibility. ..
- Shih W, Liao M, Yu F, Lin P, Hsu H, Chiu S. AMF/PGI transactivates the MMP-3 gene through the activation of Src-RhoA-phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase signaling to induce hepatoma cell migration. Cancer Lett. 2008;270:202-17 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate a new mechanism of AMF/PGI-induced cell migration and a link between Src-RhoA-PI3-kinase, AP-1, MMP-3 and hepatoma cell migration. ..
- Ye S, Patodi N, Walker Bone K, Reading I, Cooper C, Dennison E. Variation in the matrix metalloproteinase-3, -7, -12 and -13 genes is associated with functional status in rheumatoid arthritis. Int J Immunogenet. 2007;34:81-5 pubmed..These results suggest that MMP3, MMP7, MMP12 and MMP13 genotypes may play a role in determining functional status of rheumatoid arthritis. ..
- Souslova V, Townsend P, Mann J, van der Loos C, Motterle A, D Acquisto F, et al. Allele-specific regulation of matrix metalloproteinase-3 gene by transcription factor NFkappaB. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9902 pubmed publisher..These results corroborate an effect of the 5A/6A polymorphism on MMP3 transcription and indicate that NFkappaB has differential effects on the 5A and 6A alleles. ..
- Abilleira S, Bevan S, Markus H. The role of genetic variants of matrix metalloproteinases in coronary and carotid atherosclerosis. J Med Genet. 2006;43:897-901 pubmed
- Xu E, Lai M, Lu B, Xing X, Huang Q. No association between the polymorphisms in matrix metalloproteinase-1 and matrix metalloproteinase-3 promoter regions and colorectal cancer in Chinese. Dis Colon Rectum. 2006;49:1439-44 pubmed..Our present data suggest that the matrix metalloproteinase-1 and matrix metalloproteinase-3 promoter polymorphisms may not be useful markers to predicate susceptibility of colorectal cancer in Chinese. ..
- Abd Allah S, Shalaby S, Pasha H, El Shal A, Abou el Saoud A. Variation of matrix metalloproteinase 1 and 3 haplotypes and their serum levels in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. Genet Test Mol Biomarkers. 2012;16:15-20 pubmed publisher..Moreover, MMP1 and MMP3 polymorphisms may predict the activity and severity of these diseases. ..
- Lievre A, Milet J, Carayol J, Le Corre D, Milan C, Pariente A, et al. Genetic polymorphisms of MMP1, MMP3 and MMP7 gene promoter and risk of colorectal adenoma. BMC Cancer. 2006;6:270 pubmed..These data show a relation between MMP1 -1607 ins/del G and MMP3 -1612 ins/delA combined polymorphisms and risk of SA, suggesting their potential role in the early steps of colorectal carcinogenesis. ..
- Djuric T, Zivkovic M, Radak D, Jekić D, Radak S, Stojković L, et al. Association of MMP-3 5A/6A gene polymorphism with susceptibility to carotid atherosclerosis. Clin Biochem. 2008;41:1326-9 pubmed publisher..35, CI=1.0-5.5, p=0.048). Subjects carrying genotypes with 6A allele had significantly higher susceptibility to carotid atherosclerosis. ..
- Houseman M, Potter C, Marshall N, Lakey R, Cawston T, Griffiths I, et al. Baseline serum MMP-3 levels in patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis are still independently predictive of radiographic progression in a longitudinal observational cohort at 8 years follow up. Arthritis Res Ther. 2012;14:R30 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, these findings highlight the importance of continued research into a broad range of biomarkers as potential predictors of joint damage. ..
- Kader A, Shao L, Dinney C, Schabath M, Wang Y, Liu J, et al. Matrix metalloproteinase polymorphisms and bladder cancer risk. Cancer Res. 2006;66:11644-8 pubmed..Heavy carcinogen exposure may overwhelm some of the genetic effects of MMP polymorphisms. Our study confirms the importance of taking a multigenic pathway-based approach to risk assessment. ..
- Ikeda K, Ihara K, Yamaguchi K, Muneuchi J, Ohno T, Mizuno Y, et al. Genetic analysis of MMP gene polymorphisms in patients with Kawasaki disease. Pediatr Res. 2008;63:182-5 pubmed..There was no association between other MMP genes and CAL formation. In conclusion, the genetic evaluation by association study demonstrated that the MMP-13 gene, at least in part, contributed to the development of CALs in KD. ..
- Lei H, Hemminki K, Altieri A, Johansson R, Enquist K, Hallmans G, et al. Promoter polymorphisms in matrix metalloproteinases and their inhibitors: few associations with breast cancer susceptibility and progression. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2007;103:61-9 pubmed..34, 95% CI 1.08-5.08). Although our study suggests some correlations between the studied SNPs and the progression of breast cancer, the rarity of the risk genotypes limits their usefulness in the clinic. ..
- Arora S, Kaur J, Sharma C, Mathur M, Bahadur S, Shukla N, et al. Stromelysin 3, Ets-1, and vascular endothelial growth factor expression in oral precancerous and cancerous lesions: correlation with microvessel density, progression, and prognosis. Clin Cancer Res. 2005;11:2272-84 pubmed..VEGF expression is an adverse prognosticator for disease-free survival. ..
- Yuan H, Tang Y, Liang Y, Lei L, Xiao G, Wang S, et al. Matrix metalloproteinase-3 and vitamin d receptor genetic polymorphisms, and their interactions with occupational exposure in lumbar disc degeneration. J Occup Health. 2010;52:23-30 pubmed..There is a possibility that subjects who carry mutation alleles 5A of MMP-3 and/or A of VDR-Apa are more vulnerable to lumbar disc degeneration when they are exposed to whole-body vibration and/or bending/twisting under ergonomic loads. ..
- Jin G, Miao R, Hu Z, Xu L, Huang X, Chen Y, et al. Putative functional polymorphisms of MMP9 predict survival of NSCLC in a Chinese population. Int J Cancer. 2009;124:2172-8 pubmed publisher..60 (95% confidence interval 1.07-2.41). The MMP9 Arg279Gln and Arg668Gln SNPs are potential predictors of survival in NSCLC patients. ..
- Su L, Zhou W, Asomaning K, Lin X, Wain J, Lynch T, et al. Genotypes and haplotypes of matrix metalloproteinase 1, 3 and 12 genes and the risk of lung cancer. Carcinogenesis. 2006;27:1024-9 pubmed..62-8.20) when compared with the most common 1G-5A-82A-1082A haplotype. In conclusion, the combined MMP genotypes and associated haplotypes may be associated with higher risk of lung cancer, particularly among never smokers and men. ..
- Tsukahara S, Shinozaki M, Ikari K, Mochizuki T, Inoue E, Tomatsu T, et al. Effect of matrix metalloproteinase-3 functional SNP on serum matrix metalloproteinase-3 level and outcome measures in Japanese RA patients. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2008;47:41-4 pubmed..47). We conclude that MMP-3 functional polymorphism is associated with serum MMP-3 titre, but is not a direct predictor for outcome measures in Japanese RA patients. ..
- Flex A, Gaetani E, Proia A, Pecorini G, Straface G, Biscetti F, et al. Analysis of functional polymorphisms of metalloproteinase genes in persons with vascular dementia and Alzheimer's disease. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2006;61:1065-9 pubmed..MMP genotypes may influence the risk of dementia and merit further investigation as potential genetic markers of disease. ..
- Vairaktaris E, Serefoglou Z, Avgoustidis D, Yapijakis C, Critselis E, Vylliotis A, et al. Gene polymorphisms related to angiogenesis, inflammation and thrombosis that influence risk for oral cancer. Oral Oncol. 2009;45:247-53 pubmed publisher..Based on these findings and previous reports, possible interactions of the implicated factors leading to OSCC development, as well as an algorithm of risk estimation are discussed. ..
- Reitz C, van Rooij F, de Maat M, den Heijer T, Hofman A, Witteman J, et al. Matrix metalloproteinase 3 haplotypes and dementia and Alzheimer's disease. The Rotterdam Study. Neurobiol Aging. 2008;29:874-81 pubmed..These associations did not differ between strata of APOEepsilon4 genotype. Our observations do not suggest that variation in the MMP3 gene is causally involved in dementia or AD. ..
- Wang J, Xu D, Wu X, Zhou C, Wang H, Guo Y, et al. Polymorphisms of matrix metalloproteinases in myocardial infarction: a meta-analysis. Heart. 2011;97:1542-6 pubmed publisher..7%, p=0.32). This meta-analysis demonstrated that the MMP-3 5A/6A and MMP-9 -1562 C?T polymorphisms are risk factors associated with increased MI susceptibility, but these associations vary in different ethnic populations. ..
- Nemec P, Pavkova Goldbergova M, Gatterova J, Vasku A, Soucek M. Association of the 5A/6A promoter polymorphism of the MMP-3 gene with the radiographic progression of rheumatoid arthritis. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2007;1110:166-76 pubmed..65; 95% CI 1.03-6.83, P = 0.02). Results obtained in this study provide the evidence of an association of the 5A/6A promoter polymorphism of the MMP-3 gene to the radiographic progression of RA. ..