Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MMP-1
Description: matrix metallopeptidase 1
Alias: CLG, CLGN, interstitial collagenase, fibroblast collagenase, matrix metallopeptidase 1 (interstitial collagenase), matrix metalloprotease 1, matrix metalloproteinase 1
- Nho Y, Ha E, Yu K, Chung J, Wook N, Chung I, et al. Matrix metalloproteinase-1 promoter is associated with body mass index in Korean population with aged greater or equal to 50 years. Clin Chim Acta. 2008;396:14-7 pubmed publisher..0 and age>or=50 years, suggesting protective roles of MMP1-1607 G allele and MMP1-519 A allele against increase in BMI in Korean population. ..
- Ghaderian S, Akbarzadeh Najar R, Tabatabaei Panah A. Genetic polymorphisms and plasma levels of matrix metalloproteinases and their relationships with developing acute myocardial infarction. Coron Artery Dis. 2010;21:330-5 pubmed publisher..In addition, susceptibility to AMI might be related to MMP-9 gene expression, which affects its plasma levels. ..
- Park S, Jung H, Park Y, Ahn J, Im Y. ERK/MAPK pathways play critical roles in EGFR ligands-induced MMP1 expression. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;407:680-6 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that invasive potential of SK-BR3 cell would be affected by these drugs by suppression of EGFR ligands-induced MMP1 expression. ..
- Pirhan D, Atilla G, Emingil G, Sorsa T, Tervahartiala T, Berdeli A. Effect of MMP-1 promoter polymorphisms on GCF MMP-1 levels and outcome of periodontal therapy in patients with severe chronic periodontitis. J Clin Periodontol. 2008;35:862-70 pubmed publisher..It seems that -519AG and GG genotypes could play a role in the outcome of periodontal therapy. ..
- Montes A, Valle Garay E, Suarez Zarracina T, Melon S, Martinez E, Carton J, et al. The MMP1 (-16071G/2G) single nucleotide polymorphism associates with the HAART-related lipodystrophic syndrome. AIDS. 2010;24:2499-506 pubmed publisher..002) were associated with lipodystrophic syndrome by logistic regression. MMP1 SNP, which induced increased serum levels of this protein, was associated with lipodystrophic syndrome. ..
- Lu X, Wang Q, Hu G, Van Poznak C, Fleisher M, Reiss M, et al. ADAMTS1 and MMP1 proteolytically engage EGF-like ligands in an osteolytic signaling cascade for bone metastasis. Genes Dev. 2009;23:1882-94 pubmed publisher..This study established MMP1 and ADAMTS1 in tumor cells, as well as EGFR signaling in osteoblasts, as promising therapeutic targets for inhibiting bone metastasis of breast cancer. ..
- Affara M, Dunmore B, Sanders D, Johnson N, Print C, Charnock Jones D. MMP1 bimodal expression and differential response to inflammatory mediators is linked to promoter polymorphisms. BMC Genomics. 2011;12:43 pubmed publisher..b>Matrix metalloproteinase 1 (MMP1) is important in both normal development and in numerous pathologies...
- Majsterek I, Markiewicz L, Przybylowska K, Gacek M, Kurowska A, Kaminska A, et al. Association of MMP1-1607 1G/2G and TIMP1 372 T/C gene polymorphisms with risk of primary open angle glaucoma in a Polish population. Med Sci Monit. 2011;17:CR417-21 pubmed..However, further in vivo study is needed to evaluate biological importance of MMPs polymorphisms as a risk factor of POAG.<br /> ..
- Srivastava P, Gangwar R, Kapoor R, Mittal R. Bladder cancer risk associated with genotypic polymorphism of the matrix metalloproteinase-1 and 7 in North Indian population. Dis Markers. 2010;29:37-46 pubmed publisher..This study provided new support for the association of MMP1-1607 and MMP7-181 in bladder cancer development, the tumorigenic effect of which was observed to be more enhanced in case of tobacco exposure. ..
- Mossbock G, Weger M, Faschinger C, Zimmermann C, Schmut O, Renner W, et al. Role of functional single nucleotide polymorphisms of MMP1, MMP2, and MMP9 in open angle glaucomas. Mol Vis. 2010;16:1764-70 pubmed..Our data suggest that the MMP1 -1607 1G/2G, MMP2 -1306 C/T, MMP2 -1575 G/A, and MMP9 Q279R polymorphisms themselves are unlikely major risk factors among Caucasian patients with either POAG or XFG. ..
- Arakaki P, Marques M, Santos M. MMP-1 polymorphism and its relationship to pathological processes. J Biosci. 2009;34:313-20 pubmed..MMP-1 is the most ubiquitously expressed interstitial collagenase and has a prominent role in initial cleavage of the ECM...
- Repeke C, Trombone A, Ferreira S, Cardoso C, Silveira E, Martins W, et al. Strong and persistent microbial and inflammatory stimuli overcome the genetic predisposition to higher matrix metalloproteinase-1 (MMP-1) expression: a mechanistic explanation for the lack of association of MMP1-1607 single-nucleotide polymorphism ge. J Clin Periodontol. 2009;36:726-38 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate a limited role for MMP1-1607 SNP in periodontitis, where the extensive chronic antigenic challenge exposure overcomes the genetic control and plays a major role in the determination of MMP-1 expression. ..
- Li M, Xiao T, Zhang Y, Feng L, Lin D, Liu Y, et al. Prognostic significance of matrix metalloproteinase-1 levels in peripheral plasma and tumour tissues of lung cancer patients. Lung Cancer. 2010;69:341-7 pubmed publisher..MMP-1 protein levels in plasma/serum thus represent a potential and clinically relevant biomarker for the prognosis of patients with lung cancers. ..
- Bauer J, Huy C, Brenmoehl J, Obermeier F, Bock J. Matrix metalloproteinase-1 expression induced by IL-1beta requires acid sphingomyelinase. FEBS Lett. 2009;583:915-20 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of ASM with imipramine completely abrogated MMP-1 induction. The results suggest that IL-1beta-induced expression of MMP-1 is dependent on ASM. ..
- Kälvegren H, Jonsson S, Jonasson L. Release of matrix metalloproteinases-1 and -2, but not -9, from activated platelets measured by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay. Platelets. 2011;22:572-8 pubmed publisher..However, in contrast to what has been argued in previous literature, platelets appear to be only negligible contributors to circulating MMP-9. ..
- Foley C, Luo C, O Callaghan K, Hinds P, Covic L, Kuliopulos A. Matrix metalloprotease-1a promotes tumorigenesis and metastasis. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:24330-8 pubmed publisher..Together, these data demonstrate that cancer cell-derived Mmp1a acts as a robust functional homologue of MMP1 by conferring protumorigenic and metastatic behavior to cells. ..
- Haq I, Chappell S, Johnson S, Lotya J, Daly L, Morgan K, et al. Association of MMP-2 polymorphisms with severe and very severe COPD: a case control study of MMPs-1, 9 and 12 in a European population. BMC Med Genet. 2010;11:7 pubmed publisher..76; 95% CI 0.61 - 0.94). The A-A haplotype was also associated with significantly lower predicted FEV1 (42.62% versus 44.79%; p = 0.0129). This implicates haplotypes of MMP-12 as modifiers of disease severity. ..
- Kamata I, Ishikawa Y, Akishima Fukasawa Y, Ito K, Akasaka Y, Uzuki M, et al. Significance of lymphatic invasion and cancer invasion-related proteins on lymph node metastasis in gastric cancer. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2009;24:1527-33 pubmed publisher..Tumor size, lymphatic invasion and MMP-1 expression level at the invasive front were the predictive factors of LN metastasis of gastric cancer. ..
- Kim Y, Ko Y, Kim N, Chung H, Min B, Lee K, et al. A comparative study of protein expression in primary colorectal cancer and synchronous hepatic metastases: the significance of matrix metalloproteinase-1 expression as a predictor of liver metastasis. Scand J Gastroenterol. 2010;45:217-25 pubmed publisher..However, the prognostic impact of protein marker expression in terms of intrahepatic recurrence appears to be minimal. ..
- O Hara A, Lim F, Mazzatti D, Trayhurn P. Microarray analysis identifies matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) as key genes whose expression is up-regulated in human adipocytes by macrophage-conditioned medium. Pflugers Arch. 2009;458:1103-14 pubmed publisher..The induction of MMP1 and other MMPs suggests that macrophages stimulate tissue remodelling during adipose tissue expansion in obesity. ..
- Lin J, Wang M, Lee D, Liang C, Lin S. Hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha regulates matrix metalloproteinase-1 activity in human bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells. FEBS Lett. 2008;582:2615-9 pubmed publisher..Therefore, HIF-1alpha can regulate MMP1 and MMP3 expressions in human bmMSCs, which might suggest a pathophysiological role of bmMSC expressing high HIF-1alpha in bone diseases. ..
- Frost J, Ramsay M, Mia R, Moosa L, Musenge E, Tikly M. Differential gene expression of MMP-1, TIMP-1 and HGF in clinically involved and uninvolved skin in South Africans with SSc. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2012;51:1049-52 pubmed publisher..Targeting TIMP-1, which showed the greatest dysregulation, needs to be explored as a way of reducing collagen deposition and fibrosis in dcSSc. ..
- Ustun K, Alptekin N, Hakki S, Hakki E. Investigation of matrix metalloproteinase-1--1607 1G/2G polymorphism in a Turkish population with periodontitis. J Clin Periodontol. 2008;35:1013-9 pubmed publisher..05). On the basis of the results, no significant association is found for the MMP-1 -1607 1G/2G polymorphism with susceptibility to periodontitis. Moreover, smoking status did not seem to affect this result. ..
- Okuyama N, Matsumine A, Kosugi R, Wakabayashi H, Uchida A. Matrix metalloproteinase-1 is a crucial bone metastasis factor in a human breast cancer-derived highly invasive cell line. Oncol Rep. 2008;20:1497-504 pubmed..We therefore concluded that MMP-1 plays a crucial role in breast cancer bone metastasis. Furthermore, our MDA-231-derived cell lines are useful analytical models of MMP-1- associated breast cancer bone metastasis. ..
- Ganachari M, Ruiz Morales J, Gomez de la Torre Pretell J, Dinh J, Granados J, Flores Villanueva P. Joint effect of MCP-1 genotype GG and MMP-1 genotype 2G/2G increases the likelihood of developing pulmonary tuberculosis in BCG-vaccinated individuals. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e8881 pubmed publisher..MMP-1 may destabilize granuloma formation and promote tissue damage and disease progression early in the infection. Our findings may foster the development of new and personalized therapeutic approaches targeting MCP-1 and/or MMP-1. ..
- Checa M, Ruiz V, Montaño M, Velázquez Cruz R, Selman M, Pardo A. MMP-1 polymorphisms and the risk of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. Hum Genet. 2008;124:465-72 pubmed publisher..3; CI 1.15-4.97). These findings indicate that polymorphisms of the MMP-1 promoter may confer increased risk for IPF and reveal a putative gene-environment interaction between the -755 MMP-1 polymorphism and smoking in this disease. ..
- Abd Allah S, Shalaby S, Pasha H, El Shal A, Abou el Saoud A. Variation of matrix metalloproteinase 1 and 3 haplotypes and their serum levels in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. Genet Test Mol Biomarkers. 2012;16:15-20 pubmed publisher..Moreover, MMP1 and MMP3 polymorphisms may predict the activity and severity of these diseases. ..
- Ferrari M, Rossi G, Biondi M, Vigano P, Dell utri C, Meschia M. Type I collagen and matrix metalloproteinase 1, 3 and 9 gene polymorphisms in the predisposition to pelvic organ prolapse. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2012;285:1581-6 pubmed publisher..04). Our findings suggest that the polymorphism of metalloproteinases-1 might have a role in mediating susceptibility to pelvic organ prolapse. ..
- Wang C, Lin H, Lin S, Huang C, Liu C, Huang K, et al. MMP-1(-1607G) polymorphism as a risk factor for fibrosis after pulmonary tuberculosis in Taiwan. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2010;14:627-34 pubmed..Several matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) polymorphisms favouring the development of lung fibrosis after pulmonary tuberculosis (TB) have been described...
- Mercer B, Wallace A, Brinckerhoff C, D Armiento J. Identification of a cigarette smoke-responsive region in the distal MMP-1 promoter. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2009;40:4-12 pubmed publisher..This characterization of a smoke response region in the distal MMP-1 promoter has implications for smoking-related diseases such as cancer, heart disease, and emphysema. ..
- Eck S, Hoopes P, Petrella B, Coon C, Brinckerhoff C. Matrix metalloproteinase-1 promotes breast cancer angiogenesis and osteolysis in a novel in vivo model. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2009;116:79-90 pubmed publisher..We conclude that breast cancer-derived MMP-1 mediates invasion through soft tissues and bone via mechanisms involving matrix degradation, angiogenesis, and osteoclast activation. ..
- Bao W, Fu H, Jia L, Zhang Y, Li W, Jin B, et al. HER2-mediated upregulation of MMP-1 is involved in gastric cancer cell invasion. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2010;499:49-55 pubmed publisher..These findings help further understanding of the molecular mechanisms through which HER2 promotes malignancy, and suggest that targeting both HER2 and MMP-1 may be required to effectively block HER2 signaling in gastric cancer therapy. ..
- Okamoto K, Ishida C, Ikebuchi Y, Mandai M, Mimura K, Murawaki Y, et al. The genotypes of IL-1 beta and MMP-3 are associated with the prognosis of HCV-related hepatocellular carcinoma. Intern Med. 2010;49:887-95 pubmed..The IL-1b -31 T allele and MMP-3 5A allele are cooperative risk factors for poor prognosis in HCC patients, suggesting that these gene polymorphisms might be potential markers for predicting the prognosis of HCC patients. ..
- Green J, Elkington P, Pennington C, Roncaroli F, Dholakia S, Moores R, et al. Mycobacterium tuberculosis upregulates microglial matrix metalloproteinase-1 and -3 expression and secretion via NF-kappaB- and Activator Protein-1-dependent monocyte networks. J Immunol. 2010;184:6492-503 pubmed publisher..Dexamethasone suppression of MMP-1/-3 gene expression provides a novel mechanism explaining the benefit of steroid therapy in these patients. ..
- Wieczorek E, Reszka E, Jablonowski Z, Jablonska E, Krol M, Grzegorczyk A, et al. Genetic polymorphisms in matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) and tissue inhibitors of MPs (TIMPs), and bladder cancer susceptibility. BJU Int. 2013;112:1207-14 pubmed publisher..Only MMP1 polymorphism may be related to the risk of BC, notably in 'ever smokers'. Our study suggests that the effects of polymorphisms of MMPs and TIMPs on BC risk deserve further investigation. ..
- Trivedi V, Boire A, Tchernychev B, Kaneider N, Leger A, O Callaghan K, et al. Platelet matrix metalloprotease-1 mediates thrombogenesis by activating PAR1 at a cryptic ligand site. Cell. 2009;137:332-43 pubmed publisher..These studies provide a link between matrix-dependent activation of metalloproteases and platelet-G protein signaling and identify MMP1-PAR1 as a potential target for the prevention of arterial thrombosis. ..
- Tsironi E, Pefkianaki M, Tsezou A, Kotoula M, Dardiotis E, Almpanidou P, et al. Evaluation of MMP1 and MMP3 gene polymorphisms in exfoliation syndrome and exfoliation glaucoma. Mol Vis. 2009;15:2890-5 pubmed..Our study provided some evidence of a possible role of the MMP1 variant in the development of exfoliation syndrome in Greek patients. ..
- Elkington P, Shiomi T, Breen R, Nuttall R, Ugarte Gil C, Walker N, et al. MMP-1 drives immunopathology in human tuberculosis and transgenic mice. J Clin Invest. 2011;121:1827-33 pubmed publisher..In summary, MMP-1 may drive tissue destruction in TB and represents a therapeutic target to limit immunopathology. ..
- Domeij H, Modeer T, Quezada H, Yucel Lindberg T. Cell expression of MMP-1 and TIMP-1 in co-cultures of human gingival fibroblasts and monocytes: the involvement of ICAM-1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;338:1825-33 pubmed
- Deroanne C, Hamelryckx D, Ho T, Lambert C, Catroux P, Lapiere C, et al. Cdc42 downregulates MMP-1 expression by inhibiting the ERK1/2 pathway. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:1173-83 pubmed..Therefore, Cdc42 contributes to ECM homeostasis and connective tissue integrity. ..
- Heighway J, Bowers N, Smith S, Betticher D, Koref M. The use of allelic expression differences to ascertain functional polymorphisms acting in cis: analysis of MMP1 transcripts in normal lung tissue. Ann Hum Genet. 2005;69:127-33 pubmedSummary Aberrant expression of matrix metalloproteinase 1 (MMP1) has been implicated in a number of pathological conditions of the lung...
- Ninomiya S, Niimi T, Shimizu S, Sato S, Achiwa H, Ito H, et al. Matrix metalloproteinase-1 polymorphism of promoter region in sarcoidosis and tuberculosis patients. Sarcoidosis Vasc Diffuse Lung Dis. 2004;21:19-24 pubmed..064, OR = 7.69, 95% CI: 0.89-66.3). Although MMP-1 polymorphism was not associated with onset risk of sarcoidosis and tuberculosis, the clinical characteristics of both diseases were affected by this polymorphism. ..
- Armstrong C, Abilleira S, Sitzer M, Markus H, Bevan S. Polymorphisms in MMP family and TIMP genes and carotid artery intima-media thickness. Stroke. 2007;38:2895-9 pubmed..These findings need replication in hypertensive populations to assess their effects more fully. ..
- Hlatky M, Ashley E, Quertermous T, Boothroyd D, Ridker P, Southwick A, et al. Matrix metalloproteinase circulating levels, genetic polymorphisms, and susceptibility to acute myocardial infarction among patients with coronary artery disease. Am Heart J. 2007;154:1043-51 pubmed..Circulating levels of MMP2 and MMP9 are independently associated with development of an acute MI rather than stable angina as the initial clinical presentation of coronary artery disease. ..
- Poola I, DeWitty R, Marshalleck J, Bhatnagar R, Abraham J, Leffall L. Identification of MMP-1 as a putative breast cancer predictive marker by global gene expression analysis. Nat Med. 2005;11:481-3 pubmed..We identify MMP-1 as a candidate marker that may be useful for identification of breast lesions that can develop into cancer. ..
- DeMeo D, Hersh C, Hoffman E, Litonjua A, Lazarus R, Sparrow D, et al. Genetic determinants of emphysema distribution in the national emphysema treatment trial. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2007;176:42-8 pubmed..Altered detoxification of cigarette smoke metabolites may contribute to emphysema distribution, and these findings may lead to further insight into genetic determinants of emphysema. ..
- Su L, Zhou W, Park S, Wain J, Lynch T, Liu G, et al. Matrix metalloproteinase-1 promoter polymorphism and lung cancer risk. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2005;14:567-70 pubmedExtracellular matrix-degrading matrix metalloproteinase-1 (MMP-1) is an interstitial collagenase that degrades the interstitial types I, II, and III collagens, and overexpression of MMP-1 is associated with cancer development and cellular ..
- Heist R, Marshall A, Liu G, Zhou W, Su L, Neuberg D, et al. Matrix metalloproteinase polymorphisms and survival in stage I non-small cell lung cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2006;12:5448-53 pubmed..07-2.41, P=0.02]. None of the other MMP polymorphisms was significantly associated with survival. Our results show that patients with stage I NSCLC carrying the variant G allele of the MMP-12 1082A/G polymorphism have worse survival. ..
- Zhou G, Zhai Y, Cui Y, Qiu W, Yang H, Zhang X, et al. Functional polymorphisms and haplotypes in the promoter of the MMP2 gene are associated with risk of nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Hum Mutat. 2007;28:1091-7 pubmed..Our findings suggest that the genetic polymorphisms or haplotype in the MMP2 promoter may play a role in mediating the susceptibility to NPC in Chinese populations. ..
- McQuibban G, Gong J, Tam E, McCulloch C, Clark Lewis I, Overall C. Inflammation dampened by gelatinase A cleavage of monocyte chemoattractant protein-3. Science. 2000;289:1202-6 pubmed..This suggests that matrix metalloproteinases are both effectors and regulators of the inflammatory response. ..
- Lai H, Chu C, Lin Y, Chang C, Nieh S, Yu M, et al. Matrix metalloproteinase 1 gene polymorphism as a prognostic predictor of invasive cervical cancer. Gynecol Oncol. 2005;96:314-9 pubmed..b>Matrix metalloproteinase 1 (MMP-1) is an important modulator of carcinogenesis...
- Lovejoy B, Hassell A, Luther M, Weigl D, Jordan S. Crystal structures of recombinant 19-kDa human fibroblast collagenase complexed to itself. Biochemistry. 1994;33:8207-17 pubmed..Two crystal forms of the catalytic (19-kDa) domain of human fibroblast collagenase have been determined using collagenase complexed with a peptide-based inhibitor (CPLX) as a starting model ..
- Boire A, Covic L, Agarwal A, Jacques S, Sherifi S, Kuliopulos A. PAR1 is a matrix metalloprotease-1 receptor that promotes invasion and tumorigenesis of breast cancer cells. Cell. 2005;120:303-13 pubmed..These results demonstrate that MMP-1 in the stromal-tumor microenvironment can alter the behavior of cancer cells through PAR1 to promote cell migration and invasion. ..
- Kader A, Liu J, Shao L, Dinney C, Lin J, Wang Y, et al. Matrix metalloproteinase polymorphisms are associated with bladder cancer invasiveness. Clin Cancer Res. 2007;13:2614-20 pubmed..32; 95% CI, 1.30-4.12). Our results suggest that genetic changes in MMPs are associated with the development of invasive bladder cancer. ..
- Pearce E, Tregouet D, Samnegard A, Morgan A, Cox C, Hamsten A, et al. Haplotype effect of the matrix metalloproteinase-1 gene on risk of myocardial infarction. Circ Res. 2005;97:1070-6 pubmed..Haplotype-specific differences in MMP1 mRNA level in atherosclerotic tissues were also detected. The data indicate that MMP1 gene variation is a genetic factor contributing to interindividual differences in MI risk. ..
- Cao Z, Li C, Zhu G. MMP-1 promoter gene polymorphism and susceptibility to chronic periodontitis in a Chinese population. Tissue Antigens. 2006;68:38-43 pubmed..779, P = 0.003). This study suggests that a single nucleotide polymorphism in the MMP-1 promoter region of -1607 bp may be associated with severe chronic periodontitis in a Chinese population. ..
- Holla L, Jurajda M, Fassmann A, Dvorakova N, Znojil V, Vacha J. Genetic variations in the matrix metalloproteinase-1 promoter and risk of susceptibility and/or severity of chronic periodontitis in the Czech population. J Clin Periodontol. 2004;31:685-90 pubmed..91% versus 50.91%; p=0.017). Our results demonstrate that the polymorphisms in the MMP-1 promoter may have only a small effect on the etiopathogenesis of chronic periodontitis. ..
- Iida J, McCarthy J. Expression of collagenase-1 (MMP-1) promotes melanoma growth through the generation of active transforming growth factor-beta. Melanoma Res. 2007;17:205-13 pubmed..Thus, these results suggest that MMP-1 produced from melanoma cells would play a role in tumor progression by both degrading matrix proteins and generating active growth factors such as TGF-beta in vivo. ..
- Constantin A, Lauwers Cances V, Navaux F, Abbal M, van Meerwijk J, Mazieres B, et al. Collagenase-1 (MMP-1) and HLA-DRB1 gene polymorphisms in rheumatoid arthritis: a prospective longitudinal study. J Rheumatol. 2002;29:15-20 pubmed..This study confirms the previous reports of an association between the HLA-DRB1 gene polymorphism and severity of RA. ..
- Pillinger M, Marjanovic N, Kim S, Lee Y, Scher J, Roper J, et al. Helicobacter pylori stimulates gastric epithelial cell MMP-1 secretion via CagA-dependent and -independent ERK activation. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:18722-31 pubmed..These data indicate H. pylori effects on host epithelial MMP-1 expression via ERK, with p38 playing a potential regulatory role. ..