Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MKP6
Description: dual specificity phosphatase 14
Alias: MKP-L, MKP6, dual specificity protein phosphatase 14, MAP kinase phosphatase 6, MKP-1-like protein tyrosine phosphatase, MKP-6, mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatase 6
- Wang X, Mao W, Fang C, Tian S, Zhu X, Yang L, et al. Dusp14 protects against hepatic ischaemia-reperfusion injury via Tak1 suppression. J Hepatol. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Dusp14 protects against liver damage by suppressing the activity of Tak1. Targeting Dusp14 could be a strategy for prevention and treatment of this disease. ..
- Li C, Zhou Q, Yang L, Chen Y, Hou J, Guo K, et al. Dual-specificity phosphatase 14 protects the heart from aortic banding-induced cardiac hypertrophy and dysfunction through inactivation of TAK1-P38MAPK/-JNK1/2 signaling pathway. Basic Res Cardiol. 2016;111:19 pubmed publisher..Future studies are warranted to test the feasibility of overexpressing Dusp14 as a therapeutic strategy to attenuate cardiac hypertrophy and failure. ..
- Marti F, Krause A, Post N, Lyddane C, Dupont B, Sadelain M, et al. Negative-feedback regulation of CD28 costimulation by a novel mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatase, MKP6. J Immunol. 2001;166:197-206 pubmed..technology, we cloned a novel CD28 cytoplasmic tail (CD28 CYT) interacting protein, MAP kinase phosphatase-6 (MKP6), which we demonstrate inactivates MAP kinases...
- Zheng H, Li Q, Chen R, Zhang J, Ran Y, He X, et al. The dual-specificity phosphatase DUSP14 negatively regulates tumor necrosis factor- and interleukin-1-induced nuclear factor-?B activation by dephosphorylating the protein kinase TAK1. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:819-25 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals a new post-translational regulatory mechanism of NF-?B activation triggered by the proinflammatory cytokines. ..
- Barreiro L, Tailleux L, Pai A, Gicquel B, Marioni J, Gilad Y. Deciphering the genetic architecture of variation in the immune response to Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:1204-9 pubmed publisher..We thus identified a number of candidate loci, including the MAPK phosphatase DUSP14 in particular, that are promising susceptibility genes to pulmonary TB. ..
- Thye T, Vannberg F, Wong S, Owusu Dabo E, Osei I, Gyapong J, et al. Genome-wide association analyses identifies a susceptibility locus for tuberculosis on chromosome 18q11.2. Nat Genet. 2010;42:739-741 pubmed publisher..13-1.27). Our study demonstrates that genome-wide association studies can identify new susceptibility loci for infectious diseases, even in African populations, in which levels of linkage disequilibrium are particularly low. ..
- Lountos G, Tropea J, Cherry S, Waugh D. Overproduction, purification and structure determination of human dual-specificity phosphatase 14. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2009;65:1013-20 pubmed publisher..88 A resolution of human dual-specificity phosphatase 14, DUSP14 (MKP6), are reported...
- Patterson K, Brummer T, O Brien P, Daly R. Dual-specificity phosphatases: critical regulators with diverse cellular targets. Biochem J. 2009;418:475-89 pubmed..The present review provides an overview of the DUSP family before focusing on atypical DUSPs, emerging as a group of proteins with vastly diverse substrate specificity and function. ..
- Elass E, Coddeville B, Kremer L, Mortuaire M, Mazurier J, Guerardel Y. Mycobacterial lipomannan induces MAP kinase phosphatase-1 expression in macrophages. FEBS Lett. 2008;582:445-50 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the binding of LM to TLR2 triggers MAPK activation, followed by an up-regulation of MKP-1 expression, which in turn may act as a negative regulator of MAPK activation. ..
- Nyati M, Feng F, Maheshwari D, Varambally S, Zielske S, Ahsan A, et al. Ataxia telangiectasia mutated down-regulates phospho-extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2 via activation of MKP-1 in response to radiation. Cancer Res. 2006;66:11554-9 pubmed..These findings show a new function for ATM in the control of mitogenic pathways affecting cell signaling and emphasize the key role of ATM in coordinating the cellular response to DNA damage. ..
- Hijikata M, Matsushita I, Le Hang N, Thuong P, Tam D, Maeda S, et al. Influence of the polymorphism of the DUSP14 gene on the expression of immune-related genes and development of pulmonary tuberculosis. Genes Immun. 2016;17:207-12 pubmed publisher..63, 95% CI 0.44-0.90). Our results suggest that a low-expression genotype of DUSP14 accompanied by high transcript levels of Th1 immune-related genes may confer protection against early TB development. ..