Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MKP-1
Description: dual specificity phosphatase 1
Alias: CL100, HVH1, MKP-1, MKP1, PTPN10, dual specificity protein phosphatase 1, CL 100, MAP kinase phosphatase 1, dual specificity protein phosphatase hVH1, mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatase 1, protein-tyrosine phosphatase CL100, serine/threonine specific protein phosphatase
Publications117 found, 100 shown here
- Zakkar M, Chaudhury H, Sandvik G, Enesa K, Luong L, Cuhlmann S, et al. Increased endothelial mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatase-1 expression suppresses proinflammatory activation at sites that are resistant to atherosclerosis. Circ Res. 2008;103:726-32 pubmed publisher..We conclude that MKP-1 induction is required for the antiinflammatory effects of shear stress. Thus, our findings reveal a novel molecular mechanism contributing to the spatial distribution of vascular inflammation and atherosclerosis. ..
- Lee J, Komatsu K, Lee B, Lim J, Jono H, Xu H, et al. Phosphodiesterase 4B mediates extracellular signal-regulated kinase-dependent up-regulation of mucin MUC5AC protein by Streptococcus pneumoniae by inhibiting cAMP-protein kinase A-dependent MKP-1 phosphatase pathway. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:22799-811 pubmed publisher..pneumoniae by inhibiting cAMP-PKA-dependent MKP-1 pathway. This study may lead to novel therapeutic strategy for inhibiting mucus overproduction. ..
- Keyse S, Emslie E. Oxidative stress and heat shock induce a human gene encoding a protein-tyrosine phosphatase. Nature. 1992;359:644-7 pubmed..We report here the isolation and characterization of a novel complementary DNA (CL100) corresponding to a messenger RNA that is highly inducible by oxidative stress and heat shock in human skin cells...
- Kinney C, Chandrasekharan U, Mavrakis L, DiCorleto P. VEGF and thrombin induce MKP-1 through distinct signaling pathways: role for MKP-1 in endothelial cell migration. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2008;294:C241-50 pubmedWe have previously reported that MAPK phosphatase-1 (MKP-1/CL100) is a thrombin-responsive gene in endothelial cells (ECs). We now show that VEGF is another efficacious activator of MKP-1 expression in human umbilical vein ECs...
- Kuwano Y, Kim H, Abdelmohsen K, Pullmann R, Martindale J, Yang X, et al. MKP-1 mRNA stabilization and translational control by RNA-binding proteins HuR and NF90. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:4562-75 pubmed publisher..Collectively, MKP-1 upregulation by oxidative stress is potently influenced by increased mRNA stability and translation, mediated at least in part by the RNA-BPs HuR and NF90. ..
- Lin Y, Chuang S, Yang J. ERK1/2 achieves sustained activation by stimulating MAPK phosphatase-1 degradation via the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:21534-41 pubmed..Taken together, these results demonstrate that activated ERK1/2 can trigger MKP-1 degradation via the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway, thus facilitating long-term activation of ERK1/2 against cytotoxicity. ..
- Tachado S, Zhang J, Zhu J, Patel N, Koziel H. HIV impairs TNF-alpha release in response to Toll-like receptor 4 stimulation in human macrophages in vitro. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2005;33:610-21 pubmed..Inhibition of cellular phosphatases may serve as a potential therapeutic target in the management of bacterial pneumonia in HIV+ persons. ..
- Chu Y, Solski P, Khosravi Far R, Der C, Kelly K. The mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatases PAC1, MKP-1, and MKP-2 have unique substrate specificities and reduced activity in vivo toward the ERK2 sevenmaker mutation. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:6497-501 pubmed..A hyperactive allele of ERK2 (D319N), analogous to the Drosophila sevenmaker gain-of-function mutation, has significantly reduced sensitivity to all three MAP kinase phosphatases in vivo. ..
- Liu Y, Wang J, Guo J, Wu J, Lieberman H, Yin Y. DUSP1 is controlled by p53 during the cellular response to oxidative stress. Mol Cancer Res. 2008;6:624-33 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal a mechanism whereby p53 selectively regulates target genes and suggest a way in which subgroups of those target genes might be controlled independently. ..
- Tchen C, Martins J, Paktiawal N, Perelli R, Saklatvala J, Clark A. Glucocorticoid regulation of mouse and human dual specificity phosphatase 1 (DUSP1) genes: unusual cis-acting elements and unexpected evolutionary divergence. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:2642-52 pubmed publisher..Finally, a novel GC-responsive region of the human DUSP1 gene contains a highly unusual element, in which three closely spaced GR half-sites are required for potent transcriptional activation by GC. ..
- Lin Y, Yang J. Cooperation of ERK and SCFSkp2 for MKP-1 destruction provides a positive feedback regulation of proliferating signaling. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:915-26 pubmedThe dual-specificity MAPK phosphatase MKP-1/CL100/DUSP1 is an inducible nuclear protein controlled by p44/42 MAPK (ERK1/2) in a negative feedback mechanism to inhibit kinase activity...
- Atrooz F, Liu H, Kochi C, Salim S. Early Life Sleep Deprivation: Role of Oxido-Inflammatory Processes. Neuroscience. 2019;406:22-37 pubmed publisher..This most likely disrupts neuronal circuit development, leading to depression-like behavior at PND90. ..
- Leyva Illades D, Cherla R, Lee M, Tesh V. Regulation of cytokine and chemokine expression by the ribotoxic stress response elicited by Shiga toxin type 1 in human macrophage-like THP-1 cells. Infect Immun. 2012;80:2109-20 pubmed publisher..Thus, Stxs appear to be capable of eliciting signals which both activate and deactivate signaling for increased cytokine/chemokine production in human macrophage-like cells. ..
- Demyanenko S, Uzdensky A. Profiling of Signaling Proteins in Penumbra After Focal Photothrombotic Infarct in the Rat Brain Cortex. Mol Neurobiol. 2017;54:6839-6856 pubmed publisher..These data provide the integral view on penumbra response to photothrombotic infarct. Some of these proteins may be potential targets for antistroke therapy. ..
- Li Y, Ren X, Lio C, Sun W, Lai K, Liu Y, et al. A chlorogenic acid-phospholipid complex ameliorates post-myocardial infarction inflammatory response mediated by mitochondrial reactive oxygen species in SAMP8 mice. Pharmacol Res. 2018;130:110-122 pubmed publisher..Our study indicated that CGA-PC ameliorated post-MI inflammatory response in aging heart and that it might be a promising candidate for the clinical development of CGA. ..
- Kouam A, Yuan F, Njayou F, He H, Tsayem R, Oladejo B, et al. Induction of Mkp-1 and Nuclear Translocation of Nrf2 by Limonoids from Khaya grandifoliola C.DC Protect L-02 Hepatocytes against Acetaminophen-Induced Hepatotoxicity. Front Pharmacol. 2017;8:653 pubmed publisher..grandifoliola and further analysis including in vivo and toxicological studies are needed to select the most potent compound that may be useful as therapeutic agents against DILI...
- Ruebel M, Cotter M, Sims C, Moutos D, Badger T, Cleves M, et al. Obesity Modulates Inflammation and Lipid Metabolism Oocyte Gene Expression: A Single-Cell Transcriptome Perspective. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2017;102:2029-2038 pubmed publisher..They further identify the potential for maternal diet to influence oocyte gene expression. The preconception period is, therefore, an important window of opportunity to consider for lifestyle interventions. ..
- Sautron V, Terenina E, Gress L, Lippi Y, Billon Y, Larzul C, et al. Time course of the response to ACTH in pig: biological and transcriptomic study. BMC Genomics. 2015;16:961 pubmed publisher..We identified 65 genes as biological markers of HPA axis activation at the gene expression level. These genes might be candidates for a better understanding of the molecular mechanisms of the stress response. ..
- Araújo A, Araújo L, Medeiros C, Leitao R, Brito G, Costa D, et al. Protective effect of angiotensin II receptor blocker against oxidative stress and inflammation in an oral mucositis experimental model. J Oral Pathol Med. 2018;47:972-984 pubmed publisher..polymerase chain reactions (RT-PCRs) were used to quantify the expression of IL-1β, TNF-α, NF-κBp65, MKP1 and ACE2...
- Sharma P, Bansal A, Sharma P. RNA-seq-based transcriptome profiling reveals differential gene expression in the lungs of Sprague-Dawley rats during early-phase acute hypobaric hypoxia. Mol Genet Genomics. 2015;290:2225-40 pubmed publisher..Our study might help in understanding the molecular-physiological mechanisms associated with progressive damage in the lung tissues of susceptible and tissue-protective measures in tolerant rats during acute hypobaric hypoxia. ..
- Li H, Wu H, Zhang H, Li Y, Li S, Hou Q, et al. Identification of curcumin-inhibited extracellular matrix receptors in non-small cell lung cancer A549 cells by RNA sequencing. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317705334 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our study suggests that curcumin may be used as a promising drug candidate for intervening lung cancer in future studies. ..
- Ribeiro S, de Araújo A, Araújo Júnior R, Brito G, Leitão R, Barbosa M, et al. Protective effect of dexamethasone on 5-FU-induced oral mucositis in hamsters. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186511 pubmed publisher..kinase 3 (IRAK-M), glucocorticoid-induced leucine zipper (GILZ), and mitogen-activated protein kinase (MKP1) gene expression and reduced NF?B p65 and serine threonine kinase (AKt) gene expression, relative to the 5-FU group...
- Barthas F, Humo M, Gilsbach R, Waltisperger E, Karatas M, Leman S, et al. Cingulate Overexpression of Mitogen-Activated Protein Kinase Phosphatase-1 as a Key Factor for Depression. Biol Psychiatry. 2017;82:370-379 pubmed publisher..These data point to ACC MKP-1 as a key factor in the pathophysiology of depression and a potential target for treatment development. ..
- Denkert C, Schmitt W, Berger S, Reles A, Pest S, Siegert A, et al. Expression of mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatase-1 (MKP-1) in primary human ovarian carcinoma. Int J Cancer. 2002;102:507-13 pubmedThe mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatase-1, MKP-1 (CL100) is involved in inactivation of MAP-kinase pathways, regulation of stress-responses and suppression of apoptosis...
- Liu C, Shi Y, Han Z, Pan Y, Liu N, Han S, et al. Suppression of the dual-specificity phosphatase MKP-1 enhances HIF-1 trans-activation and increases expression of EPO. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;312:780-6 pubmed..Inhibition of MKP-1 expression using siRNA technique could enhance HIF-1alpha phosphorylation, accompanied by an increase in transcriptionally active HIF-1 as well as a rise in the levels of HIF-1-induced erythropoietin expression. ..
- Mizuno R, Oya M, Shiomi T, Marumo K, Okada Y, Murai M. Inhibition of MKP-1 expression potentiates JNK related apoptosis in renal cancer cells. J Urol. 2004;172:723-7 pubmed..Since Ro-318220 potentiated JNK related apoptosis, JNK activation by blocking MKP-1 expression may be an effective therapeutic approach to RCC. ..
- Friedberg I, Nika K, Tautz L, Saito K, Cerignoli F, Friedberg I, et al. Identification and characterization of DUSP27, a novel dual-specific protein phosphatase. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:2527-33 pubmed..DUSP27 is an active enzyme, and its kinetic parameters and were determined. DUSP27 is a cytosolic enzyme, expressed in skeletal muscle, liver and adipose tissue, suggesting its possible role in energy metabolism. ..
- Chaudhury H, Zakkar M, Boyle J, Cuhlmann S, Van der Heiden K, Luong L, et al. c-Jun N-terminal kinase primes endothelial cells at atheroprone sites for apoptosis. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2010;30:546-53 pubmed publisher..Spatial variation of JNK1 activity delineates the spatial distribution of apoptosis and turnover of EC in arteries. ..
- Do M, Kim T, He F, Dave H, Intriago R, Astorga U, et al. Polyribosome and ribonucleoprotein complex redistribution of mRNA induced by GnRH involves both EIF2AK3 and MAPK signaling. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2014;382:346-357 pubmed publisher..The results show that GnRH exerts translational control to modulate physiologically relevant gene expression through two distinct signaling pathways. ..
- Golebski K, van Egmond D, de Groot E, Roschmann K, Fokkens W, van Drunen C. EGR-1 and DUSP-1 are important negative regulators of pro-allergic responses in airway epithelium. Mol Immunol. 2015;65:43-50 pubmed publisher..This could have clinical consequences as cytokine levels after the steroid treatment in EGR-1 or DUSP-1 knock-down remained higher than in the control cell line. ..
- Cho M, Chen P, Seo Y, Hwang S, Kim W, Min D, et al. Association of homozygous deletion of the Humhv3005 and the VH3-30.3 genes with renal involvement in systemic lupus erythematosus. Lupus. 2003;12:400-5 pubmed..044] when biopsy-proven LN was studied. Collectively, our data suggest that deletion of the hv3005 and the 3-30.3 genes may predispose individual SLE patients to the development of LN. ..
- Zhou J, Gan N, Zhang W. [The expression of MKP-1 and p-ERK(1/2) in primary ovarian epithelial tumor tissues]. Fen Zi Xi Bao Sheng Wu Xue Bao. 2009;42:224-30 pubmed..The expression changes of MKP-1 and ERKs may play a role in the development of ovarian carcinoma. The abnormal expression of MKP-1 and p-ERK(1/2) probably assists in promoting the development and progression of ovarian carcinoma. ..
- Sharma A, Khan S, Sharda A, Reddy D, Gupta S. MKP1 phosphatase mediates G1-specific dephosphorylation of H3Serine10P in response to DNA damage. Mutat Res. 2015;778:71-9 pubmed publisher..reversible loss of H3S10P in response to IR-induced DNA damage is mediated by opposing activities of phosphatase, MKP1 and kinase, MSK1 of the MAP kinase pathway...
- Xu Y, Huang Y, Cai D, Liu J, Cao X. Analysis of differences in the molecular mechanism of rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis based on integration of gene expression profiles. Immunol Lett. 2015;168:246-53 pubmed publisher..P53 may be involved in the progression of RA and OA via targeting downstream EGFR and DUSP1 respectively. Besides, MYC and IL1B may play an important role in OA progression via the regulation of microRNAs. ..
- Ardura J, Portal Nuñez S, Castelbón Calvo I, Martínez de Toda I, De la Fuente M, Esbrit P. Parathyroid Hormone-Related Protein Protects Osteoblastic Cells From Oxidative Stress by Activation of MKP1 Phosphatase. J Cell Physiol. 2017;232:785-796 pubmed publisher..its bone counterpart, PTH-related protein (PTHrP), can regulate MAPK activation by modulating MAPK phosphatase-1 (MKP1). Thus, we hypothesized that PTHrP might protect osteoblasts from ROS-induced apoptosis by targeting MKP1...
- Wang J, Zhou J, Kho D, Reiners J, Wu G. Role for DUSP1 (dual-specificity protein phosphatase 1) in the regulation of autophagy. Autophagy. 2016;12:1791-1803 pubmed..Collectively, this work identifies a previously unrecognized role for DUSP1 in regulating autophagy and suggests that suppression of DUSP1 may enhance the therapeutic activity of rapamycin. ..
- Parveen S, Chowdhury A, Jawed J, Majumdar S, Saha B, Majumdar S. Immunomodulation of dual specificity phosphatase 4 during visceral leishmaniasis. Microbes Infect. 2018;20:111-121 pubmed publisher..donovani infection. On the other hand, GA failed to increase Th1 cytokine production and decrease Th2 response during DUSP4 knock-down condition suggesting the key role of DUSP4 while providing protection during L. donovani infection. ..
- Liu R, Zheng H, Zhou Z, Dong J, Chen C. KLF5 promotes breast cell survival partially through fibroblast growth factor-binding protein 1-pERK-mediated dual specificity MKP-1 protein phosphorylation and stabilization. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:16791-8 pubmed publisher..The KLF5-FGF-BP-pERK-MKP-1 signaling axis may provide new therapeutic targets for invasive breast cancer. ..
- Shin H, Yoo I, Kim Y, Kim H, Jin S, Ha U. MKP1 regulates the induction of inflammatory response by pneumococcal pneumolysin in human epithelial cells. FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol. 2010;60:171-8 pubmed publisher..Here, we show the expression of tumor necrosis factor-? (TNF-?) was reduced by MAPK phosphatase 1 (MKP1), expression of which was significantly increased in response to pneumolysin at the early stage of treatment...
- Nomura J, Busso N, Ives A, Tsujimoto S, Tamura M, So A, et al. Febuxostat, an inhibitor of xanthine oxidase, suppresses lipopolysaccharide-induced MCP-1 production via MAPK phosphatase-1-mediated inactivation of JNK. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e75527 pubmed publisher..These studies may bring new insights into the novel role of XO in regulating inflammatory process through MAPK phosphatase, and demonstrate the potential use of XO inhibitor in modulating the inflammatory processes. ..
- Patel B, Kugel M, Baehring G, Ammit A. Doxofylline does not increase formoterol-induced cAMP nor MKP-1 expression in ASM cells resulting in lack of anti-inflammatory effect. Pulm Pharmacol Ther. 2017;45:34-39 pubmed publisher..In summary, our study is the first to examine the effect of doxofylline on ASM cells in vitro and highlights some distinct differences between two key members of xanthine drug family, doxofylline and theophylline. ..
- Wang J, Kho D, Zhou J, Davis R, Wu G. MKP-1 suppresses PARP-1 degradation to mediate cisplatin resistance. Oncogene. 2017;36:5939-5947 pubmed publisher..Thus, this work indicates that suppression of JNK1/2 activity by MKP-1 maintains PARP-1 levels and suggests that MKP-1-mediated cisplatin resistance can be bypassed by PARP-1 inhibition. ..
- Yang D, Xie P, Guo S, Li H. Induction of MAPK phosphatase-1 by hypothermia inhibits TNF-alpha-induced endothelial barrier dysfunction and apoptosis. Cardiovasc Res. 2010;85:520-9 pubmed publisher..These results for the first time demonstrate that hypothermia protects against TNF-alpha-induced endothelial barrier dysfunction and apoptosis through an MKP-1-dependent mechanism. ..
- Moncho Amor V, Ibanez de Caceres I, Bandres E, Martínez Poveda B, Orgaz J, Sanchez Perez I, et al. DUSP1/MKP1 promotes angiogenesis, invasion and metastasis in non-small-cell lung cancer. Oncogene. 2011;30:668-78 pubmed publisherDUSP1/MKP1 is a dual-specific phosphatase that regulates MAPKs activity, with an increasingly recognized role in tumor biology...
- Echavarria R, Hussain S. Regulation of angiopoietin-1/Tie-2 receptor signaling in endothelial cells by dual-specificity phosphatases 1, 4, and 5. J Am Heart Assoc. 2013;2:e000571 pubmed publisher..DUSP1, DUSP4, and DUSP5 differentially modulate MAPK signaling pathways downstream of Tie-2 receptors, thus highlighting the importance of these phosphatases to Ang-1-induced angiogenesis. ..
- Crowell S, Wancket L, Shakibi Y, Xu P, Xue J, Samavati L, et al. Post-translational regulation of mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatase (MKP)-1 and MKP-2 in macrophages following lipopolysaccharide stimulation: the role of the C termini of the phosphatases in determining their stability. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:28753-64 pubmed publisher..Our studies suggest that MKP-1 and MKP-2 stability is regulated by ERK-mediated phosphorylation through a degradation pathway independent of polyubiquitination. ..
- Zhao B, Keasey S, Tropea J, Lountos G, Dyas B, Cherry S, et al. Phosphotyrosine Substrate Sequence Motifs for Dual Specificity Phosphatases. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0134984 pubmed publisher..These newly identified DUSP substrates will be important for examining structure-activity relationships with physiologically relevant targets. ..
- Kim S, Baek K, Park H, Jung Y, Lee S. Compound 9a, a novel synthetic histone deacetylase inhibitor, protects against septic injury in mice by suppressing MAPK signalling. Br J Pharmacol. 2016;173:1045-57 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that Compound 9a protected against septic injury by suppressing MAPK-mediated inflammatory signalling. ..
- Ha U, Lim J, Kim H, Wu W, Jin S, Xu H, et al. MKP1 regulates the induction of MUC5AC mucin by Streptococcus pneumoniae pneumolysin by inhibiting the PAK4-JNK signaling pathway. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:30624-31 pubmed publisher..Moreover pneumolysin also selectively induced expression of MKP1 via a TLR4-dependent MyD88-TRAF6-ERK signaling pathway, which inhibited the PAK4-JNK signaling pathway, thereby ..
- Hao P, Li H, Lee M, Wang Y, Kim J, Yu G, et al. Disruption of a regulatory loop between DUSP1 and p53 contributes to hepatocellular carcinoma development and progression. J Hepatol. 2015;62:1278-86 pubmed publisher..Our results revealed that disruption of a positive regulatory loop between DUSP1 and p53 promoted HCC development and progression, providing a rationale for a therapeutic agent that restores DUSP1 in HCC. ..
- Shah S, Mostafa M, McWhae A, Traves S, Newton R. Negative Feed-forward Control of Tumor Necrosis Factor (TNF) by Tristetraprolin (ZFP36) Is Limited by the Mitogen-activated Protein Kinase Phosphatase, Dual-specificity Phosphatase 1 (DUSP1): IMPLICATIONS FOR REGULATION BY GLUCOCORTICOIDS. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:110-25 pubmed publisher..In summary, these data illustrate why understanding the competing effects of feedback and feed-forward control is relevant to the development of novel anti-inflammatory therapies. ..
- Konduru A, Lee B, Li J. Curcumin suppresses NTHi-induced CXCL5 expression via inhibition of positive IKKÎ² pathway and up-regulation of negative MKP-1 pathway. Sci Rep. 2016;6:31695 pubmed publisher..Thus, identification of curcumin as a potential therapeutic for treating OM is of particular translational significance due to the attractiveness of targeting overactive inflammation without significant adverse effects. ..
- Wang M, Gao P, Wu X, Chen Y, Feng Y, Yang Q, et al. Impaired anti-inflammatory action of glucocorticoid in neutrophil from patients with steroid-resistant asthma. Respir Res. 2016;17:153 pubmed..DEX exerted different effects on neutrophils from patients with SS asthma and SR asthma, which may contribute to glucocorticoid insensitivity. ..
- Gao Y, Hou R, Liu F, Liu H, Fei Q, Han Y, et al. Obacunone causes sustained expression of MKP-1 thus inactivating p38 MAPK to suppress pro-inflammatory mediators through intracellular MIF. J Cell Biochem. 2018;119:837-849 pubmed publisher..Our findings also provide a chain of evidence that the inhibition of inMIF, rather than exMIF, may become a novel target for inflammation. ..
- Liu F, Gore A, Wilson J, Korc M. DUSP1 is a novel target for enhancing pancreatic cancer cell sensitivity to gemcitabine. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e84982 pubmed publisher..b>Dual specificity protein phosphatase 1 (DUSP1) is a key negative regulator of mitogen activated protein kinases (MAPKs)...
- Khadir A, Tiss A, Abubaker J, Abu Farha M, Al Khairi I, Cherian P, et al. MAP kinase phosphatase DUSP1 is overexpressed in obese humans and modulated by physical exercise. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2015;308:E71-83 pubmed publisher..Dual-specificity protein phosphatase 1 (DUSP1), known also as MAP kinase phosphatase 1 (MKP1), is implicated in metabolism and energy expenditure...
- Khan D, Guillemette C, Sirard M, Richard F. Characterization of FSH signalling networks in bovine cumulus cells: a perspective on oocyte competence acquisition. Mol Hum Reprod. 2015;21:688-701 pubmed publisher..This information has implications for improvement of IVM and hence oocyte developmental competence. ..
- Lasa M, Abraham S, Boucheron C, Saklatvala J, Clark A. Dexamethasone causes sustained expression of mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) phosphatase 1 and phosphatase-mediated inhibition of MAPK p38. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:7802-11 pubmed..These observations suggest that MKP-1 participates in a negative-feedback loop which regulates p38 function and that dexamethasone may inhibit proinflammatory gene expression in part by inducing MKP-1 expression. ..
- Wu W, Pew T, Zou M, Pang D, Conzen S. Glucocorticoid receptor-induced MAPK phosphatase-1 (MPK-1) expression inhibits paclitaxel-associated MAPK activation and contributes to breast cancer cell survival. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:4117-24 pubmed..We conclude that GR-mediated MAPK inactivation contributes to cell survival and that the potential transcriptional targets of this inhibition can be identified from large scale gene array analysis. ..
- Wahab N, Cox D, Witherden A, Mason R. Connective tissue growth factor (CTGF) promotes activated mesangial cell survival via up-regulation of mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatase-1 (MKP-1). Biochem J. 2007;406:131-8 pubmed..Knockout of MKP-1 protein in mesangial cells treated with CTGF, using siRNA (small interfering RNA) or antisense oligonucleotides, allows p38 MAPK activation and induces mesangial cell death. ..
- Haagenson K, Zhang J, Xu Z, Shekhar M, Wu G. Functional analysis of MKP-1 and MKP-2 in breast cancer tamoxifen sensitivity. Oncotarget. 2014;5:1101-10 pubmed..These data suggest that MKP-2 rather than MKP-1 is tamoxifen-regulated and that the elevated expression of MKP-2 in MCF7-TAMR cells potentially functions to restore tamoxifen sensitivity. ..
- Nimah M, Zhao B, Denenberg A, Bueno O, Molkentin J, Wong H, et al. Contribution of MKP-1 regulation of p38 to endotoxin tolerance. Shock. 2005;23:80-7 pubmed..wild type) mice (24% vs. 72% reductions, respectively). These data demonstrate that the dual specific phosphatase MKP-1 is an important mediator of endotoxin tolerance via p38 regulation. ..
- Yokota S, Okabayashi T, Fujii N. The battle between virus and host: modulation of Toll-like receptor signaling pathways by virus infection. Mediators Inflamm. 2010;2010:184328 pubmed publisher..In this paper, we review the various strategies used by viruses to modulate the pattern recognition molecule-mediated innate immune response. ..
- Casteel M, Nielsen C, Kothlow S, Dietrich R, Märtlbauer E. Impact of DUSP1 on the apoptotic potential of deoxynivalenol in the epithelial cell line HepG2. Toxicol Lett. 2010;199:43-50 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we propose DUSP1 as a novel target gene of DON, which is essential for the prevention of DON induced apoptosis in the epithelial cell line HepG2. ..
- Shipp L, Lee J, Yu C, Pufall M, Zhang P, Scott D, et al. Transcriptional regulation of human dual specificity protein phosphatase 1 (DUSP1) gene by glucocorticoids. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e13754 pubmed publisher..Overall, understanding the mechanism of glucocorticoid-induced DUSP1 gene transcription could provide insights into therapeutic approaches against inflammatory diseases. ..
- Kwak S, Hakes D, Martell K, Dixon J. Isolation and characterization of a human dual specificity protein-tyrosine phosphatase gene. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:3596-604 pubmedVaccinia phosphatase VH-1 and its mammalian counterparts, including protein-tyrosine phosphatases (PTPase) CL100 and VHR, constitute a novel subfamily of protein-tyrosine phosphatases that exhibits dual substrate specificity for ..
- Duric V, Banasr M, Licznerski P, Schmidt H, Stockmeier C, Simen A, et al. A negative regulator of MAP kinase causes depressive behavior. Nat Med. 2010;16:1328-32 pubmed publisher..These postmortem and preclinical studies identify MKP-1 as a key factor in MDD pathophysiology and as a new target for therapeutic interventions...
- Tanoue T, Yamamoto T, Maeda R, Nishida E. A Novel MAPK phosphatase MKP-7 acts preferentially on JNK/SAPK and p38 alpha and beta MAPKs. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:26629-39 pubmed..MKP-7 binds to and inactivates p38 alpha and -beta, but not gamma or delta. MKP-5 and CL100/MKP-1 also bind to p38 alpha and -beta, but not gamma or delta...
- Patterson K, Brummer T, Daly R, O Brien P. DUSP26 negatively affects the proliferation of epithelial cells, an effect not mediated by dephosphorylation of MAPKs. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2010;1803:1003-12 pubmed publisher..In addition, they indicate that DUSP26 may function as a tumour suppressor in particular cancers. ..
- Guan W, Sha J, Chen X, Xing Y, Yan J, Wang Z. S-Nitrosylation of mitogen activated protein kinase phosphatase-1 suppresses radiation-induced apoptosis. Cancer Lett. 2012;314:137-46 pubmed publisher..Therefore, S-nitrosylation of MKP-1 presents a novel mechanism underlying the enhanced MKP-1 expression levels and MKP-1-mediated radio-resistance in head and neck cancer. ..
- Kim Y, Shin H, Lee J, Jung Y, Kim H, Ha U. Pneumolysin-mediated expression of ?-defensin 2 is coordinated by p38 MAP kinase-MKP1 in human airway cells. J Microbiol. 2013;51:194-9 pubmed publisher..Pneumolysin also selectively regulates the expression of MAPK phosphatase 1 (MKP1), which inhibits the p38 signaling pathway, thereby leading to upregulation of BD2 to mount an effective defense ..
- Zhang X, Hyer J, Yu H, D Silva N, Kirkwood K. DUSP1 phosphatase regulates the proinflammatory milieu in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Cancer Res. 2014;74:7191-7 pubmed publisher..Together, our results clearly establish the role of Dusp1 as a tumor suppressor gene that regulates cancer-associated inflammation. ..
- Nettersheim D, Jostes S, Fabry M, Honecker F, Schumacher V, Kirfel J, et al. A signaling cascade including ARID1A, GADD45B and DUSP1 induces apoptosis and affects the cell cycle of germ cell cancers after romidepsin treatment. Oncotarget. 2016;7:74931-74946 pubmed publisher..We propose a signaling cascade involving ARID1A, GADD45B and DUSP1 as mediators of the romidepsin effects in GCC cells. ..
- Manzano R, Montuenga L, Dayton M, Dent P, Kinoshita I, Vicent S, et al. CL100 expression is down-regulated in advanced epithelial ovarian cancer and its re-expression decreases its malignant potential. Oncogene. 2002;21:4435-47 pubmed..b>CL100, a dual specificity phosphatase, displayed 10-25-fold higher expression in normal compared to malignant ovarian ..
- Lomonaco S, Kahana S, Blass M, Brody Y, Okhrimenko H, Xiang C, et al. Phosphorylation of protein kinase Cdelta on distinct tyrosine residues induces sustained activation of Erk1/2 via down-regulation of MKP-1: role in the apoptotic effect of etoposide. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:17731-9 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that distinct phosphorylation of PKCdeltaon tyrosines 64 and 187 specifically activates the Erk1/2 pathway by the down-regulation of MKP-1, resulting in the persistent phosphorylation of Erk1/2 and cell apoptosis. ..
- Gil Araujo B, Toledo Lobo M, Gutiérrez Salmerón M, Gutiérrez Pitalúa J, Ropero S, Angulo J, et al. Dual specificity phosphatase 1 expression inversely correlates with NF-?B activity and expression in prostate cancer and promotes apoptosis through a p38 MAPK dependent mechanism. Mol Oncol. 2014;8:27-38 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our findings suggest that the ratio between DUSP1 and p65/NF-?B expression levels, rather than the individual expression of both molecules, is a better marker for diagnostic purposes in prostate cancer. ..
- Xiong Y, Murphy M, Manavalan T, Pattabiraman G, Qiu F, Chang H, et al. Endotoxin Tolerance Inhibits Lyn and c-Src Phosphorylation and Association with Toll-Like Receptor 4 but Increases Expression and Activity of Protein Phosphatases. J Innate Immun. 2016;8:171-84 pubmed publisher..Thus, LPS tolerance interferes with TLR4 signaling by inhibiting Lyn and c-Src phosphorylation and their recruitment to TLR4, while increasing the phosphatase activity and expression of PP2A, PTPN22, PTP1B and MKP1.
- Sahu M, Mallick B. An integrative approach predicted co-expression sub-networks regulating properties of stem cells and differentiation. Comput Biol Chem. 2016;64:250-262 pubmed publisher..This study put forward the unexplored genes and co-expression sub-networks regulating stemness and different stages of differentiation of hESCs which will undoubtedly add to the comprehensive understanding of hESCs biology. ..
- Zhang Y, Liu H, Yan F, Zhou J. Oscillatory dynamics of p38 activity with transcriptional and translational time delays. Sci Rep. 2017;7:11495 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that time delays in MKP-1 synthesis are required, albeit not sufficient, for p38* oscillations, which may lead to new insights related to p38 oscillations. ..
- Venugopal S, Chen J, Zhang Y, Clemens D, Follenzi A, Zern M. Role of MAPK phosphatase-1 in sustained activation of JNK during ethanol-induced apoptosis in hepatocyte-like VL-17A cells. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:31900-8 pubmed..Ethanol-induced oxidative stress enhanced the tyrosine phosphorylation of PKCdelta, which in turn caused the proteasomal degradation of MKP-1, leading to sustained JNK activation and increased apoptosis in VL-17A cells. ..
- Wang K, Zhang M, Qian Y, Ding Z, Lv J, Shen H. Imbalanced expression of mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatase-1 and phosphorylated extracellular signal-regulated kinases in lung squamous cell carcinoma. J Zhejiang Univ Sci B. 2011;12:828-34 pubmed publisher..The imbalanced expression of MKP-1 and p-ERK(1/2) may play a role in the development of SCC and these two molecules may be new targets for the therapy and prognosis of SCC. ..
- Ma G, Pan Y, Zhou C, Sun R, Bai J, Liu P, et al. Mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatase 1 is involved in tamoxifen resistance in MCF7Â cells. Oncol Rep. 2015;34:2423-30 pubmed publisher..We found that MKP1 expression increased in tamoxifen resistant MCF7Â cells...
- Riba A, Deres L, Sumegi B, Toth K, Szabados E, Halmosi R. Cardioprotective Effect of Resveratrol in a Postinfarction Heart Failure Model. Oxid Med Cell Longev. 2017;2017:6819281 pubmed publisher..According to our results, regulation of these pathways may also contribute to the beneficial effects of RES in HF...