Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIRLET7C
Description: microRNA let-7c
Alias: LET7C, MIRNLET7C, hsa-let-7c, let-7c
- Anglicheau D, Sharma V, Ding R, Hummel A, Snopkowski C, Dadhania D, et al. MicroRNA expression profiles predictive of human renal allograft status. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:5330-5 pubmed publisher..Our studies, in addition to suggesting a cellular basis for the altered intragraft expression of miRNAs, propose that miRNA expression patterns may serve as biomarkers of human renal allograft status. ..
- Chen J, Zhang K, Song H, Wang R, Chu X, Chen L. Long noncoding RNA CCAT1 acts as an oncogene and promotes chemoresistance in docetaxel-resistant lung adenocarcinoma cells. Oncotarget. 2016;7:62474-62489 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal a novel pathway underlying chemoresistance and the epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition in docetaxel-resistant LAD cells. ..
- Jiang T, Wang X, Wu W, Zhang F, Wu S. Let-7c miRNA Inhibits the Proliferation and Migration of Heat-Denatured Dermal Fibroblasts Through Down-Regulating HSP70. Mol Cells. 2016;39:345-51 pubmed publisher..Overall, we have identified let-7c as a key regulator that inhibits fibroblasts proliferation and migration during wound healing. ..
- Cappuzzo F, Sacconi A, Landi L, Ludovini V, Biagioni F, D Incecco A, et al. MicroRNA signature in metastatic colorectal cancer patients treated with anti-EGFR monoclonal antibodies. Clin Colorectal Cancer. 2014;13:37-45.e4 pubmed publisher..9 mo, P = .09) than low-signature individuals, with no difference in KRAS mutated patients. The MiR-99a/Let-7c/miR-125b signature may improve the selection of patients with KRAS wild-type mCRC as good candidates for anti-EGFR therapy. ..
- Cui S, Huang J, Chen Y, Song H, Feng B, Huang G, et al. Let-7c governs the acquisition of chemo- or radioresistance and epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition phenotypes in docetaxel-resistant lung adenocarcinoma. Mol Cancer Res. 2013;11:699-713 pubmed publisher..Unbiased miRNA profiling indicated that let-7c (MIRLET7C) was significantly downregulated in SPC-A1/DTX cells...
- Lin K, Ye H, Han B, Wang W, Wei P, He B, et al. Genome-wide screen identified let-7c/miR-99a/miR-125b regulating tumor progression and stem-like properties in cholangiocarcinoma. Oncogene. 2016;35:3376-86 pubmed publisher..Our findings showed potential links between miRNAs and inflammation, and provide a potential treatment strategy for developing an miRNA-based therapy via IL-6/STAT3 targeting for CCA. ..
- Kachakova D, Mitkova A, Popov E, Popov I, Vlahova A, Dikov T, et al. Combinations of serum prostate-specific antigen and plasma expression levels of let-7c, miR-30c, miR-141, and miR-375 as potential better diagnostic biomarkers for prostate cancer. DNA Cell Biol. 2015;34:189-200 pubmed publisher..612, 0.576, and 0.458. In conclusion, the combination of the studied circulating plasma miRNAs and serum PSA has the potential to be used as a noninvasive diagnostic biomarker for PC screening outperforming the PSA testing alone. ..
- Escalera Cueto M, Medina MartÃnez I, Del Angel R, Berumen Campos J, GutiÃ©rrez Escolano A, Yocupicio Monroy M. Let-7c overexpression inhibits dengue virus replication in human hepatoma Huh-7 cells. Virus Res. 2015;196:105-12 pubmed publisher..In accordance with this finding, HO-1, the main responsive factor of BACH1 was found up-regulated. The up-regulation of HO-1 may contribute to the stress oxidative response in infected cells. ..
- Sun D, Layer R, Mueller A, Cichewicz M, Negishi M, Paschal B, et al. Regulation of several androgen-induced genes through the repression of the miR-99a/let-7c/miR-125b-2 miRNA cluster in prostate cancer cells. Oncogene. 2014;33:1448-57 pubmed publisher..Here, we report that androgen represses the miR-99a/let7c/125b-2 cluster through AR and anti-androgen drugs block the androgen-repression of the miRNA cluster...
- Leite K, Sousa Canavez J, Reis S, Tomiyama A, Camara Lopes L, Sanudo A, et al. Change in expression of miR-let7c, miR-100, and miR-218 from high grade localized prostate cancer to metastasis. Urol Oncol. 2011;29:265-9 pubmed publisher..Expression analysis of 14 miRNAs was carried out using quantitative RT-PCR. miR-let7c, miR-100, and miR-218 were significantly overexpressed by all localized high GS, pT3 PC in comparison with ..
- Fassan M, Saraggi D, Balsamo L, Cascione L, Castoro C, Coati I, et al. Let-7c down-regulation in Helicobacter pylori-related gastric carcinogenesis. Oncotarget. 2016;7:4915-24 pubmed publisher..In H. pylori infection, let-7c down-regulation regresses after the bacterium's eradication, while it progresses significantly with the increasing severity of the histological lesions. ..
- Zhao S, Gong Z, Zhang J, Xu X, Liu P, Guan W, et al. Elevated Serum MicroRNA Let-7c in Moyamoya Disease. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2015;24:1709-14 pubmed publisher..05). Increased expression of let-7c in MMD patients may contribute to MMD pathogenesis by targeting RNF213. Thus, let-7c may be a potential biomarker for the diagnosis of MMD. ..
- Peng J, Mo R, Ma J, Fan J. let-7b and let-7c are determinants of intrinsic chemoresistance in renal cell carcinoma. World J Surg Oncol. 2015;13:175 pubmed publisher..Expression of let-7b and let-7c was frequently decreased in clear cell renal cell carcinoma tissues. The dysregulation of let-7b and let-7c may be involved in chemoresistance of RCC cells to 5-FU by down-regulating Akt2. ..
- Marques F, Campain A, Tomaszewski M, Zukowska Szczechowska E, Yang Y, Charchar F, et al. Gene expression profiling reveals renin mRNA overexpression in human hypertensive kidneys and a role for microRNAs. Hypertension. 2011;58:1093-8 pubmed publisher..Renin, CD36, and other mRNAs, as well as miRNAs and associated pathways identified in the present study, provide novel insights into hypertension etiology. ..
- Wang Y, Chen J, Song W, Wang Y, Chen Y, Nie Y, et al. The Human Myotrophin Variant Attenuates MicroRNA-Let-7 Binding Ability but Not Risk of Left Ventricular Hypertrophy in Human Essential Hypertension. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0135526 pubmed publisher..05). In conclusion, our experimental results provide evidence that the T allele of rs17168525 in the 3'-UTR of myotrophin might influence the level of myotrophin protein by interfering with let-7/miR-98 binding. ..
- Han H, Du Y, Zhao W, Li S, Chen D, Zhang J, et al. PBX3 is targeted by multiple miRNAs and is essential for liver tumour-initiating cells. Nat Commun. 2015;6:8271 pubmed publisher..In addition, the expression of CACNA2D1 and PBX3 mRNA is predictive of poor prognosis for HCC patients. Collectively, our study identifies an essential signalling pathway that controls the switch of HCC TIC phenotypes. ..
- Qin B, Xiao B, Liang D, Li Y, Jiang T, Yang H. MicroRNA let-7c inhibits Bcl-xl expression and regulates ox-LDL-induced endothelial apoptosis. BMB Rep. 2012;45:464-9 pubmed publisher..Searching for how let-7c affected apoptosis, we discovered that antiapoptotic protein Bcl-xl was a direct target of let-7c in ECs. Our data suggest that let-7c contributes to endothelial apoptosis through suppression of Bcl-xl. ..
- Zhang W, Liu H, Liu W, Liu Y, Xu J. Polycomb-mediated loss of microRNA let-7c determines inflammatory macrophage polarization via PAK1-dependent NF-ÎºB pathway. Cell Death Differ. 2015;22:287-97 pubmed publisher..PAK1, therefore, is an essential controller of inflammatory macrophage polarization, regulating immune responses against pathogenic stimuli. ..
- Lu L, Qi H, Luo F, Xu H, Ling M, Qin Y, et al. Feedback circuitry via let-7c between lncRNA CCAT1 and c-Myc is involved in cigarette smoke extract-induced malignant transformation of HBE cells. Oncotarget. 2017;8:19285-19297 pubmed publisher..Thus, the present research establishes a new mechanism for the reciprocal regulation between CCAT1 and c-Myc and provides an understanding of cigarette smoke extract-induced lung carcinogenesis. ..
- Wang P, Sun Y, Zhang S, Pang M, Zhang H, Gao S, et al. Let-7c inhibits A549 cell proliferation through oncogenic TRIB2 related factors. FEBS Lett. 2013;587:2675-81 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that, through regulating the expression of TRIB2 and its downstream factors, let-7c can effectively inhibit A549 cell proliferation in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Pelosi A, Careccia S, Lulli V, Romania P, Marziali G, Testa U, et al. miRNA let-7c promotes granulocytic differentiation in acute myeloid leukemia. Oncogene. 2013;32:3648-54 pubmed publisher..Together, these studies raise the possibility that perturbation of the let-7c-PBX2 pathway may have a therapeutic value in AML. ..
- Holst L, Kaczkowski B, Glud M, Futoma Kazmierczak E, Hansen L, Gniadecki R. The microRNA molecular signature of atypic and common acquired melanocytic nevi: differential expression of miR-125b and let-7c. Exp Dermatol. 2011;20:278-80 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that miRNAs are functionally involved in the pathogenesis of nevi and possibly malignant melanoma. ..
- Nwaeburu C, Bauer N, Zhao Z, Abukiwan A, Gladkich J, Benner A, et al. Up-regulation of microRNA let-7c by quercetin inhibits pancreatic cancer progression by activation of Numbl. Oncotarget. 2016;7:58367-58380 pubmed publisher..These findings show that quercetin-induced let-7c decreases tumor growth by posttranscriptional activation of Numbl and indirect inhibition of Notch. ..
- Zhan M, Qu Q, Wang G, Liu Y, Tan S, Lou X, et al. Let-7c inhibits NSCLC cell proliferation by targeting HOXA1. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2013;14:387-92 pubmed
- Zhao B, Han H, Chen J, Zhang Z, Li S, Fang F, et al. MicroRNA let-7c inhibits migration and invasion of human non-small cell lung cancer by targeting ITGB3 and MAP4K3. Cancer Lett. 2014;342:43-51 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results suggest that let-7c, by degrading ITGB3 and MAP4K3, prevents NSCLC metastasis. ..
- Crowley E, Arena S, Lamba S, Di Nicolantonio F, Bardelli A. Targeted knock-in of the polymorphism rs61764370 does not affect KRAS expression but reduces let-7 levels. Hum Mutat. 2014;35:208-14 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the cancer-associated rs61764370 variant exerts a biological effect not through transcriptional modulation of KRAS but rather by tuning the expression of the microRNA let-7. ..
- Spolverini A, Fuchs G, Bublik D, Oren M. let-7b and let-7c microRNAs promote histone H2B ubiquitylation and inhibit cell migration by targeting multiple components of the H2B deubiquitylation machinery. Oncogene. 2017;36:5819-5828 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings uncover a novel function of let-7 miRNAs as regulators of H2B ubiquitylation, suggesting an additional mechanism whereby these miRNAs can exert their tumor-suppressive effects. ..
- Pelosi A, Careccia S, Sagrestani G, Nanni S, Manni I, Schinzari V, et al. Dual promoter usage as regulatory mechanism of let-7c expression in leukemic and solid tumors. Mol Cancer Res. 2014;12:878-89 pubmed publisher..Alternative promoter usage represents a regulatory mechanism of let-7c expression in different tissues. Mol Cancer Res; 12(6); 878-89. ©2014 AACR. ..