Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR99A
Description: microRNA 99a
- Lin Y, Deng W, Pang J, Kemper T, Hu J, Yin J, et al. The microRNA-99 family modulates hepatitis B virus replication by promoting IGF-1R/PI3K/Akt/mTOR/ULK1 signaling-induced autophagy. Cell Microbiol. 2017;19: pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the miR-99 family promotes HBV replication posttranscriptionally through IGF-1R/PI3K/Akt/mTOR/ULK1 signaling-induced autophagy. ..
- Lin K, Ye H, Han B, Wang W, Wei P, He B, et al. Genome-wide screen identified let-7c/miR-99a/miR-125b regulating tumor progression and stem-like properties in cholangiocarcinoma. Oncogene. 2016;35:3376-86 pubmed publisher..Our findings showed potential links between miRNAs and inflammation, and provide a potential treatment strategy for developing an miRNA-based therapy via IL-6/STAT3 targeting for CCA. ..
- Drayton R, Peter S, Myers K, Miah S, Dudziec E, Bryant H, et al. MicroRNA-99a and 100 mediated upregulation of FOXA1 in bladder cancer. Oncotarget. 2014;5:6375-86 pubmed..g. ERBB2). In conclusion, we have identified microRNAs-99a/100 mediate a direct relationship between FGFR3 and FOXA1 and potentially facilitate cross talk between these pathways in UCC. ..
- Si X, Zhang X, Hao X, Li Y, Chen Z, Ding Y, et al. Upregulation of miR-99a is associated with poor prognosis of acute myeloid leukemia and promotes myeloid leukemia cell expansion. Oncotarget. 2016;7:78095-78109 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that miR-99a has a novel role and potential use as a biomarker in myeloid leukemia progression. ..
- Akbari Moqadam F, Lange Turenhout E, Ariës I, Pieters R, den Boer M. MiR-125b, miR-100 and miR-99a co-regulate vincristine resistance in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Leuk Res. 2013;37:1315-21 pubmed publisher..05). The concerted function of miR-125b in combination with miR-99a and/or miR-100 illustrates the complexity of vincristine-resistant pediatric ALL. ..
- Cappuzzo F, Sacconi A, Landi L, Ludovini V, Biagioni F, D Incecco A, et al. MicroRNA signature in metastatic colorectal cancer patients treated with anti-EGFR monoclonal antibodies. Clin Colorectal Cancer. 2014;13:37-45.e4 pubmed publisher..9 mo, P = .09) than low-signature individuals, with no difference in KRAS mutated patients. The MiR-99a/Let-7c/miR-125b signature may improve the selection of patients with KRAS wild-type mCRC as good candidates for anti-EGFR therapy. ..
- Song Y, Dou H, Wang P, Zhao S, Wang T, Gong W, et al. A novel small-molecule compound diaporine A inhibits non-small cell lung cancer growth by regulating miR-99a/mTOR signaling. Cancer Biol Ther. 2014;15:1423-30 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that miR-99a/mTOR pathway was involved in D261-induced tumor suppression in NSCLC cells. D261 might be a potent anti-cancer agent by upregulating miR-99a expression. ..
- Yang Z, Zeng B, Tang X, Wang H, Wang C, Yan Z, et al. MicroRNA-146a and miR-99a are potential biomarkers for disease activity and clinical efficacy assessment in psoriasis patients treated with traditional Chinese medicine. J Ethnopharmacol. 2016;194:727-732 pubmed publisher..772, p<0.01; R2=0.672, p<0.01). We suggest that both miR-146a and miR-99a may serve as potential biomarkers for disease activity and clinical efficacy in psoriasis patients treated with ZG. ..
- Feng M, Luo X, Gu C, Li Y, Zhu X, Fei J. Systematic analysis of berberine-induced signaling pathway between miRNA clusters and mRNAs and identification of mir-99a âˆ¼ 125b cluster function by seed-targeting inhibitors in multiple myeloma cells. RNA Biol. 2015;12:82-91 pubmed publisher..The mir-99a âˆ¼ 125b cluster might be a novel target for MM treatment. These findings provide new mechanistic insight into the anticancer effects of certain traditional Chinese herbal medicine compounds. ..
- Yang Z, Han Y, Cheng K, Zhang G, Wang X. miR-99a directly targets the mTOR signalling pathway in breast cancer side population cells. Cell Prolif. 2014;47:587-95 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data suggest that miR-99a reversed the breast cancer malignant CSC phenotype, probably by targeting the mTOR signalling pathway. ..
- Molina Pinelo S, Carnero A, Rivera F, Estevez Garcia P, Bozada J, Limon M, et al. MiR-107 and miR-99a-3p predict chemotherapy response in patients with advanced colorectal cancer. BMC Cancer. 2014;14:656 pubmed publisher..MiR-107 and miR-99a-3p were validated as predictors of response to standard fluoropyrimidine-based chemotherapy in patients with mCRC. ..
- Zhang E, Kong R, Yin D, You L, Sun M, Han L, et al. Long noncoding RNA ANRIL indicates a poor prognosis of gastric cancer and promotes tumor growth by epigenetically silencing of miR-99a/miR-449a. Oncotarget. 2014;5:2276-92 pubmed..Our results suggest that ANRIL, as a growth regulator, may serve as a candidate prognostic biomarker and target for new therapies in human gastric cancer. ..
- Huang H, Luo X, Wu S, Jian B. MiR-99a Inhibits Cell Proliferation and Tumorigenesis through Targeting mTOR in Human Anaplastic Thyroid Cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2015;16:4937-44 pubmed..Given these, miR-99a may serve as a novel prognostic/diagnostic and therapeutic target for treating ATC. ..
- Wang X, Li Y, Qi W, Zhang N, Sun M, Huo Q, et al. MicroRNA-99a inhibits tumor aggressive phenotypes through regulating HOXA1 in breast cancer cells. Oncotarget. 2015;6:32737-47 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data indicate that miR-99a plays a tumor-suppressor role in the development of breast cancer, and could serve as a potential therapeutic target for breast cancer treatment. ..
- Parker B, Annala M, Cogdell D, Granberg K, Sun Y, Ji P, et al. The tumorigenic FGFR3-TACC3 gene fusion escapes miR-99a regulation in glioblastoma. J Clin Invest. 2013;123:855-65 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrated that the FGFR3-TACC3 gene fusion is expressed in human cancer and generates an oncogenic protein that promotes tumorigenesis in glioblastoma...
- Jin Y, Tymen S, Chen D, Fang Z, Zhao Y, Dragas D, et al. MicroRNA-99 family targets AKT/mTOR signaling pathway in dermal wound healing. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e64434 pubmed publisher..In summary, we identified a panel of differentially expressed microRNAs which may play important roles in wound healing. We provide evidence that miR-99 family members contribute to wound healing by regulating the AKT/mTOR signaling. ..
- Wu D, Zhou Y, Pan H, Qu P, Zhou J. microRNAâ€‘99a inhibits cell proliferation, colony formation ability, migration and invasion by targeting fibroblast growth factor receptor 3 in prostate cancer. Mol Med Rep. 2015;11:1469-75 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the results of the present study suggested that miRNAâ€‘99a may have potential use as a therapeutic target for the treatment of prostate cancer. ..
- Kandi R, Gutti U, Undi R, Sahu I, Gutti R. Understanding thrombocytopenia: physiological role of microRNA in survival of neonatal megakaryocytes. J Thromb Thrombolysis. 2015;40:310-6 pubmed publisher..We believe that miR-99a regulates CTDSPL, which induces the G1/S transition by increasing Cyclin expression and play a significant role in proliferation of CB-MKs. ..
- Xu Z, Yu Y, Ge Y, Zhu J, Zhu M, Zhao Y, et al. MicroRNA expression profiles in muscle-invasive bladder cancer: identification of a four-microRNA signature associated with patient survival. Tumour Biol. 2015;36:8159-66 pubmed publisher..In summary, this study identified the specific miRNAs associated with the progression and aggressiveness of MIBC and a four-miRNA signature as a promising prognostic parameter of MIBC. ..
- Kuo Y, Tai Y, Lo H, Chen Y, Cheng H, Fang W, et al. MiR-99a exerts anti-metastasis through inhibiting myotubularin-related protein 3 expression in oral cancer. Oral Dis. 2014;20:e65-75 pubmed publisher..miR-99a repressed oral cancer cell migration and invasion partly through decreasing MTMR3 expression. MTMR3 may serve as a therapeutic target for oral cancer treatment. ..
- Zhang Y, Xu W, Ni P, Li A, Zhou J, Xu S. MiR-99a and MiR-491 Regulate Cisplatin Resistance in Human Gastric Cancer Cells by Targeting CAPNS1. Int J Biol Sci. 2016;12:1437-1447 pubmed..Therefore, miR-99a and miR-491 might be work as novel molecules regulate cisplatin resistance by directly targeting CAPNS1 associated pathway in human gastric cancer cells. ..
- Hou B, Ishinaga H, Midorikawa K, Shah S, Nakamura S, Hiraku Y, et al. Circulating microRNAs as novel prognosis biomarkers for head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Cancer Biol Ther. 2015;16:1042-6 pubmed publisher..We conclude that these circulating miRNAs may serve as biomarkers to evaluate the efficacy of therapy and the prognosis of HNSCC. ..
- Yu S, Zhang C, Dong F, Zhang Y. miR-99a suppresses the metastasis of human non-small cell lung cancer cells by targeting AKT1 signaling pathway. J Cell Biochem. 2015;116:268-76 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data suggest that miR-99a plays an important role in the tumorigenesis and metastasis of NSCLC and may serve as a therapeutic target to avoid dissemination of NSCLC cells. ..
- Feng Y, Kang Y, He Y, Liu J, Liang B, Yang P, et al. microRNA-99a acts as a tumor suppressor and is down-regulated in bladder cancer. BMC Urol. 2014;14:50 pubmed publisher..Our data indicated that miR-99a might act as a tumor suppressor in bladder cancer and was significantly down-regulated in development of bladder cancer. ..
- Hu Y, Zhu Q, Tang L. MiR-99a antitumor activity in human breast cancer cells through targeting of mTOR expression. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e92099 pubmed publisher..This study suggests a potential therapeutic strategy to effectively control breast cancer development. ..
- Rane J, Erb H, Nappo G, Mann V, Simms M, Collins A, et al. Inhibition of the glucocorticoid receptor results in an enhanced miR-99a/100-mediated radiation response in stem-like cells from human prostate cancers. Oncotarget. 2016;7:51965-51980 pubmed publisher..These results qualify the miR99 family as markers of radiation sensitivity and as potential therapeutic targets to improve efficiency of radiotherapy. ..
- Yen Y, Shiah S, Chu H, Hsu Y, Hsiao J, Chang J, et al. Reciprocal regulation of microRNA-99a and insulin-like growth factor I receptor signaling in oral squamous cell carcinoma cells. Mol Cancer. 2014;13:6 pubmed publisher..Overall, results indicate that miR-99a functions as a tumor metastasis suppressor in OSCC cells and mutually regulates IGF1R expression in a reciprocal regulation. ..
- Gu W, Fang S, Gao L, Tan Y, Yang Z. Clinic significance of microRNA-99a expression in human lung adenocarcinoma. J Surg Oncol. 2013;108:248-55 pubmed publisher..Low MiR-99a expression was a poor prognostic factor for patients with lung adenocarcinoma, and miR-99a functions as a tumor suppressor by targeting mTOR. ..