Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR9-3
Description: microRNA 9-3
Alias: MIRN9-3, hsa-mir-9-3, miRNA9-3
- Sim S, Lim C, Kim J, Seo D, Chun H, Yu N, et al. The Brain-Enriched MicroRNA miR-9-3p Regulates Synaptic Plasticity and Memory. J Neurosci. 2016;36:8641-52 pubmed publisher..Our study provides the very first evidence for the critical role of miR-9-3p in synaptic plasticity and memory in the adult mouse. ..
- Nishioka C, Ikezoe T, Pan B, Xu K, Yokoyama A. MicroRNA-9 plays a role in interleukin-10-mediated expression of E-cadherin in acute myelogenous leukemia cells. Cancer Sci. 2017;108:685-695 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the IL-10/E-cadherin axis may be a promising therapeutic target for treating AML. ..
- Yu F, Chen B, Fan X, Li G, Dong P, Zheng J. Epigenetically-Regulated MicroRNA-9-5p Suppresses the Activation of Hepatic Stellate Cells via TGFBR1 and TGFBR2. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;43:2242-2252 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that miR-9-5p could inhibit TGF-?1-induced HSC activation through TGFBR1 and TGFBR2. Loss of miR-9-5p is associated with its methylation status in liver fibrosis. ..
- Yu S, Liu X, Zhang Y, Li J, Chen S, Zheng H, et al. Circulating microRNA124-3p, microRNA9-3p and microRNA196b-5p may be potential signatures for differential diagnosis of thyroid nodules. Oncotarget. 2016;7:84165-84177 pubmed publisher..Our study suggested that miR-124-3p, miR-9-3p and miR-196b-5p may be potential signatures for differential diagnosis of thyroid nodules in eastern coastal areas of China. ..
- Lu E, Su J, Zeng W, Zhang C. Enhanced miR-9 promotes laryngocarcinoma cell survival via down-regulating PTEN. Biomed Pharmacother. 2016;84:608-613 pubmed publisher..PTEN expression was down-regulated in the laryngocarcinoma cells with miR-9 overexpression. We also found that miR-9 expression was negatively associated with PTEN expression in laryngocarcinoma tissues. ..
- Safari A, Azizmohammadi S, Kaghazian M, Sadrkhanlo M, Yahaghi E, Farshgar R, et al. Molecular identification of miR-145 and miR-9 expression level as prognostic biomarkers for early-stage cervical cancer detection. QJM. 2017;110:11-15 pubmed publisher..023; P =?0.031) were independent prognostic factors for overall survival of patients. miRNA-145 and 9 may be as potential prognostic marker in patients suffering from cervical cancer. ..
- Deng J, Lei W, Xiang X, Zhang L, Lei J, Gong Y, et al. Cullin 4A (CUL4A), a direct target of miR-9 and miR-137, promotes gastric cancer proliferation and invasion by regulating the Hippo signaling pathway. Oncotarget. 2016;7:10037-50 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings demonstrate that perturbations to miR-9/137-CUL4A-Hippo signaling contribute to gastric tumorigenesis, and suggest potential therapeutic targets for the future treatment of GC. ..
- Du Y, Liu Z, Gu L, Zhou J, Zhu B, Ji J, et al. Characterization of human gastric carcinoma-related methylation of 9 miR CpG islands and repression of their expressions in vitro and in vivo. BMC Cancer. 2012;12:249 pubmed publisher..miR-210 methylation correlated with H. pylori infection. miR-9-1 methylation may be a GC-specific event. Methylation of miR CpG islands may significantly down-regulate their transcription regularly. ..
- Zeng Y, Wang Y, Wu Z, Kang K, Peng X, Peng W, et al. miR-9 enhances the transactivation of nuclear factor of activated T cells by targeting KPNB1 and DYRK1B. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2015;308:C720-8 pubmed publisher..Functionally, miR-9 promoted IL-2 production in stimulated human lymphocyte Jurkat T cells. Collectively, our data reveal a novel role for miR-9 in regulation of the NFAT pathway by targeting KPNB1 and DYRK1B. ..
- Yu T, Liu K, Wu Y, Fan J, Chen J, Li C, et al. MicroRNA-9 inhibits the proliferation of oral squamous cell carcinoma cells by suppressing expression of CXCR4 via the Wnt/?-catenin signaling pathway. Oncogene. 2014;33:5017-27 pubmed publisher..These results provide new evidence of miR-9 as a promising tumor gene therapeutic target for OSCC patients. ..
- Kitano K, Watanabe K, Emoto N, Kage H, Hamano E, Nagase T, et al. CpG island methylation of microRNAs is associated with tumor size and recurrence of non-small-cell lung cancer. Cancer Sci. 2011;102:2126-31 pubmed publisher..Our result enlightens the accumulation of aberrant DNA methylation which occurs in concordance with the tumor progression. ..
- Song Y, Li J, Zhu Y, Dai Y, Zeng T, Liu L, et al. MicroRNA-9 promotes tumor metastasis via repressing E-cadherin in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Oncotarget. 2014;5:11669-80 pubmed..Our study also suggests miR-9 can be served as a new independent prognostic marker and/or as a novel potential therapeutic target for ESCC. ..
- Sun L, Liu L, Fu H, Wang Q, Shi Y. Association of Decreased Expression of Serum miR-9 with Poor Prognosis of Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma Patients. Med Sci Monit. 2016;22:289-94 pubmed..In addition, low serum miR-9 was correlated with poor prognosis of OSCC, indicating miR-9 might play a tumor suppressive role in OSCC and can serve as a promising biomarker for this deadly disease. ..
- Cai L, Cai X. Up-regulation of miR-9 expression predicate advanced clinicopathological features and poor prognosis in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma. Diagn Pathol. 2014;9:1000 pubmed publisher..The virtual slide(s) for this article can be found here: http://www.diagnosticpathology.diagnomx.eu/vs/13000_2014_228. ..
- Jeyabal P, Thandavarayan R, Joladarashi D, Suresh Babu S, Krishnamurthy S, Bhimaraj A, et al. MicroRNA-9 inhibits hyperglycemia-induced pyroptosis in human ventricular cardiomyocytes by targeting ELAVL1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;471:423-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together our study highlights the potential therapeutic implications of targeting miR-9/ELAVL1 in preventing cardiomyocyte cell loss during HF in diabetics. ..
- Visani M, de Biase D, Marucci G, Cerasoli S, Nigrisoli E, Bacchi Reggiani M, et al. Expression of 19 microRNAs in glioblastoma and comparison with other brain neoplasia of grades I-III. Mol Oncol. 2014;8:417-30 pubmed publisher..This study provides further data for the identification of a miRNA profile for glioblastoma and suggests that different-grade neoplasia could be characterized by different expression of specific miRNAs. ..
- Zhang J, Jia J, Zhao L, Li X, Xie Q, Chen X, et al. Down-regulation of microRNA-9 leads to activation of IL-6/Jak/STAT3 pathway through directly targeting IL-6 in HeLa cell. Mol Carcinog. 2016;55:732-42 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results here present a tumor suppressor potential of miR-9 in cervical adenocarcinoma for the first time and suggest that miR-9 could repress tumorigenesis through inhibiting the activity of IL-6/Jak/STAT3 pathway. ..
- Costa L, Da Silva I, Mariz B, da Silva M, Freitas Ribeiro G, De Oliveira N. Influence of smoking on methylation and hydroxymethylation levels in global DNA and specific sites of KRT14, KRT19, MIR-9-3 and MIR-137 genes of oral mucosa. Arch Oral Biol. 2016;72:56-65 pubmed publisher..05). We concluded that smoking habits were capable of inducing changes in global DNA methylation, miR-9-3 methylation status and K19 expression. ..
- Jang M, Kim H, Gwak J, Chung Y, Park S. Prognostic value of microRNA-9 and microRNA-155 expression in triple-negative breast cancer. Hum Pathol. 2017;68:69-78 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that expression levels of both miR-9 and miR-155 can serve as candidates for prognostic biomarkers in TNBCs. ..
- Hasanzadeh A, Mesrian Tanha H, Ghaedi K, Madani M. Aberrant expression of miR-9 in benign and malignant breast tumors. Mol Cell Probes. 2016;30:279-284 pubmed publisher..Our results shed additional information on controversial expression pattern of miR-9 depending on different progression level of BC. ..
- Yang L, Mu Y, Cui H, Liang Y, Su X. MiR-9-3p augments apoptosis induced by H2O2 through down regulation of Herpud1 in glioma. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0174839 pubmed publisher..Our results indicated that low expression of miR-9-3p results in a high level of Herpud1, which may protect against apoptosis in glioma. ..
- Wang L, Kwong Y, Kho C, Wong K, Wong K, Ferracin M, et al. Epigenetic inactivation of miR-9 family microRNAs in chronic lymphocytic leukemia--implications on constitutive activation of NF?B pathway. Mol Cancer. 2013;12:173 pubmed publisher..The role of miR-9-3 methylation in the constitutive activation of NF?B signaling pathway in CLL warrants further study. ..
- Hui A, Lin A, Xu W, Waldron L, Perez Ordonez B, Weinreb I, et al. Potentially prognostic miRNAs in HPV-associated oropharyngeal carcinoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2013;19:2154-62 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, evaluations will offer biologic insights into the mechanisms underlying the differences between HPV-positive versus HPV-negative OPC. ..
- Park Y, Lee S, Kim S, Liu Y, Lee M, Shin J, et al. MicroRNA-9 suppresses cell migration and invasion through downregulation of TM4SF1 in colorectal cancer. Int J Oncol. 2016;48:2135-43 pubmed publisher..Our results also indicate that miR-9 might be a novel target for the treatment of CRC invasion and metastasis. ..
- Zhu M, Xu Y, Ge M, Gui Z, Yan F. Regulation of UHRF1 by microRNA-9 modulates colorectal cancer cell proliferation and apoptosis. Cancer Sci. 2015;106:833-9 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results offer inÂ vitro validation of the concept that miR-9 could repress the expression of UHRF1, and function as a tumor-suppressive microRNA in CRC. It may serve as a prognostic and therapeutic marker for CRC. ..
- Higashi T, Hayashi H, Ishimoto T, Takeyama H, Kaida T, Arima K, et al. miR-9-3p plays a tumour-suppressor role by targeting TAZ (WWTR1) in hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Br J Cancer. 2015;113:252-8 pubmed publisher..Inversely, treatment of miR-9-3p inhibitor accelerated cell growth compared with control in HuH1. MicroRNA-9-3p was identified as the tumour-suppressor miR targetting TAZ expression in HCC cells. ..