Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR9-1
Description: microRNA 9-1
Alias: MIRN9-1, hsa-mir-9-1, miRNA9-1
- Shigehara K, Yokomuro S, Ishibashi O, Mizuguchi Y, Arima Y, Kawahigashi Y, et al. Real-time PCR-based analysis of the human bile microRNAome identifies miR-9 as a potential diagnostic biomarker for biliary tract cancer. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23584 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that bile miRNAs could be informative biomarkers for hepatobiliary disease and that some miRNAs, particularly miR-9, may be helpful in the diagnosis and clinical management of BTC. ..
- Delaloy C, Liu L, Lee J, Su H, Shen F, Yang G, et al. MicroRNA-9 coordinates proliferation and migration of human embryonic stem cell-derived neural progenitors. Cell Stem Cell. 2010;6:323-35 pubmed publisher..These results identify miR-9 as a novel regulator that coordinates the proliferation and migration of hNPCs. ..
- Zhu L, Chen H, Zhou D, Li D, Bai R, Zheng S, et al. MicroRNA-9 up-regulation is involved in colorectal cancer metastasis via promoting cell motility. Med Oncol. 2012;29:1037-43 pubmed publisher..The overexpression of miR-9 could also down-regulate ?-catenin expression. These data suggest that miR-9 may potentially participate in the metastatic process of CRC though facilitating cell motility. ..
- Ma L, Young J, Prabhala H, Pan E, Mestdagh P, Muth D, et al. miR-9, a MYC/MYCN-activated microRNA, regulates E-cadherin and cancer metastasis. Nat Cell Biol. 2010;12:247-56 pubmed publisher..These findings uncover a regulatory and signalling pathway involving a metastasis-promoting miRNA that is predicted to directly target expression of the key metastasis-suppressing protein E-cadherin. ..
- Wan H, Guo L, Liu T, Liu M, Li X, Tang H. Regulation of the transcription factor NF-kappaB1 by microRNA-9 in human gastric adenocarcinoma. Mol Cancer. 2010;9:16 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that miR-9 targets NF-kappaB1 and regulates gastric cancer cell growth, suggesting that miR-9 shows tumor suppressive activity in human gastric cancer pathogenesis. ..
- Zhuang G, Wu X, Jiang Z, Kasman I, Yao J, Guan Y, et al. Tumour-secreted miR-9 promotes endothelial cell migration and angiogenesis by activating the JAK-STAT pathway. EMBO J. 2012;31:3513-23 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these observations suggest that tumour-secreted miRNAs participate in intercellular communication and function as a novel pro-angiogenic mechanism. ..
- Fiaschetti G, Abela L, Nonoguchi N, Dubuc A, Remke M, Boro A, et al. Epigenetic silencing of miRNA-9 is associated with HES1 oncogenic activity and poor prognosis of medulloblastoma. Br J Cancer. 2014;110:636-47 pubmed publisher..Thus, re-expression of microRNA-9 may constitute a novel epigenetic regulation strategy against medulloblastoma. ..
- Lu E, Su J, Zeng W, Zhang C. Enhanced miR-9 promotes laryngocarcinoma cell survival via down-regulating PTEN. Biomed Pharmacother. 2016;84:608-613 pubmed publisher..PTEN expression was down-regulated in the laryngocarcinoma cells with miR-9 overexpression. We also found that miR-9 expression was negatively associated with PTEN expression in laryngocarcinoma tissues. ..
- Jeyabal P, Thandavarayan R, Joladarashi D, Suresh Babu S, Krishnamurthy S, Bhimaraj A, et al. MicroRNA-9 inhibits hyperglycemia-induced pyroptosis in human ventricular cardiomyocytes by targeting ELAVL1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;471:423-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together our study highlights the potential therapeutic implications of targeting miR-9/ELAVL1 in preventing cardiomyocyte cell loss during HF in diabetics. ..
- Sun J, Zhang H, Li L, Yu L, Fu L. MicroRNA-9 limits hepatic fibrosis by suppressing the activation and proliferation of hepatic stellate cells by directly targeting MRP1/ABCC1. Oncol Rep. 2017;37:1698-1706 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the present study demonstrated that miR-9 suppresses the proliferation and activation of HSCs through the Hh pathway by targeting MRP1, which suggests that miR-9 has therapeutic potential for liver fibrosis. ..
- Sugita F, Maki K, Nakamura Y, Sasaki K, Mitani K. Overexpression of MIR9 indicates poor prognosis in acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Leuk Lymphoma. 2014;55:78-86 pubmed publisher..The presence of higher MIR9 expression could be a useful indicator for treatment stratification. ..
- Qi X, Wang J, Wang G, Xu Q, Sun H. Pivotal role of microRNA-9 in osteosarcoma tumorigenesis and tumor progression. Genet Mol Res. 2016;15: pubmed publisher..05), migration (P < 0.05), and invasion (P < 0.05), and decreased apoptotic ability (P < 0.05). These results suggest that miR-9 may play a pivotal role in tumorigenesis and tumor progression in osteosarcoma. ..
- Du Y, Liu Z, Gu L, Zhou J, Zhu B, Ji J, et al. Characterization of human gastric carcinoma-related methylation of 9 miR CpG islands and repression of their expressions in vitro and in vivo. BMC Cancer. 2012;12:249 pubmed publisher..miR-210 methylation correlated with H. pylori infection. miR-9-1 methylation may be a GC-specific event. Methylation of miR CpG islands may significantly down-regulate their transcription regularly. ..
- Song Y, Li J, Zhu Y, Dai Y, Zeng T, Liu L, et al. MicroRNA-9 promotes tumor metastasis via repressing E-cadherin in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Oncotarget. 2014;5:11669-80 pubmed..Our study also suggests miR-9 can be served as a new independent prognostic marker and/or as a novel potential therapeutic target for ESCC. ..
- Xie D, Shang C, Zhang H, Guo Y, Tong X. Up-regulation of miR-9 target CBX7 to regulate invasion ability of bladder transitional cell carcinoma. Med Sci Monit. 2015;21:225-30 pubmed publisher..Aberrantly expressed miR-9 contributes to T24 cells invasion, partly through directly down-regulating CBX7 protein expression in TCC. This miRNA signature offers a new potential therapeutic target for TCC. ..
- O Loghlen A, Brookes S, Martin N, Rapisarda V, Peters G, Gil J. CBX7 and miR-9 are part of an autoregulatory loop controlling p16(INK) (4a). Aging Cell. 2015;14:1113-21 pubmed publisher..The ability of the miR-9 family to regulate senescence could have implications for understanding the role of miR-9 in cancer and aging. ..
- Luo J, Jin H, Jiang Y, Ge H, Wang J, Li Y. Aberrant Expression of microRNA-9 Contributes to Development of Intracranial Aneurysm by Suppressing Proliferation and Reducing Contractility of Smooth Muscle Cells. Med Sci Monit. 2016;22:4247-4253 pubmed..CONCLUSIONS Our findings show that dysregulation of miR-9 is responsible for the development of IA via targeting MYOCD. miR-9 and its direct target, MYOCD, might novel therapeutic targets in the treatment of IA. ..
- Liu Y, Liu H, Yang L, Wu Q, Liu W, Fu Q, et al. Loss of N-Acetylgalactosaminyltransferase-4 Orchestrates Oncogenic MicroRNA-9 in Hepatocellular Carcinoma. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:3186-3200 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study establishes the miR-9/GALNT4 axis as a potential adverse prognostic factor and therapeutic target for HCC patients. ..
- Zhu S, Li J, Ma X, Ma J, Yang Y, Chen Y, et al. miR-9 Modulates Osteosarcoma Cell Growth by Targeting the GCIP Tumor Suppressor. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2015;16:4509-13 pubmed..In sum, these results highlight the importance of miR-9 as an oncogene in regulating the proliferation of osteosarcoma by directly targeting GCIP and may provide new insights into the pathogenesis of osteosarcoma. ..
- Xie C, Cao Y, Huang Y, Shi Q, Guo J, Fan Z, et al. Long non-coding RNA TUG1 contributes to tumorigenesis of human osteosarcoma by sponging miR-9-5p and regulating POU2F1 expression. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:15031-15041 pubmed..These findings may contribute to the lncRNA-targeted therapy for human osteosarcoma. ..
- Tian C, You M, Yu Y, Zhu L, Zheng G, Zhang Y. MicroRNA-9 promotes proliferation of leukemia cells in adult CD34-positive acute myeloid leukemia with normal karyotype by downregulation of Hes1. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:7461-71 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the miR-9 plays an important role in supporting AML cell growth and survival by downregulation of Hes1 and that miR-9 has potential as a therapeutic target for treating AML. ..
- Sacco A, Ghobrial I, Roccaro A. Epigenetics in Waldenström's macroglobulinemia. Epigenomics. 2010;2:691-6 pubmed publisher..In this study it has been demonstrated that WM patients present with a specific miRNA signature. Among deregulated miRNAs, miR-155 and miR-9* play a pivotal role in the pathogenesis of this disease. ..
- Mohammadi Yeganeh S, Mansouri A, Paryan M. Targeting of miR9/NOTCH1 interaction reduces metastatic behavior in triple-negative breast cancer. Chem Biol Drug Des. 2015;86:1185-91 pubmed publisher..These results shows that miR-9, by direct targeting of NOTCH1, can reveal a suppressor-like activity in metastatic breast cancer cells. ..
- Roese Koerner B, Stappert L, Berger T, Braun N, Veltel M, Jungverdorben J, et al. Reciprocal Regulation between Bifunctional miR-9/9(?) and its Transcriptional Modulator Notch in Human Neural Stem Cell Self-Renewal and Differentiation. Stem Cell Reports. 2016;7:207-19 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data reveal a mutual interaction between bifunctional miR-9/9(?) and the Notch signaling cascade, calibrating the delicate balance between self-renewal and differentiation of human neural stem cells. ..
- Rotkrua P, Akiyama Y, Hashimoto Y, Otsubo T, Yuasa Y. MiR-9 downregulates CDX2 expression in gastric cancer cells. Int J Cancer. 2011;129:2611-20 pubmed publisher..004). Therefore, miR-9 might repress CDX2 expression via the binding site in the 3'-UTR, resulting in the promotion of cell proliferation in GCs. ..
- Ao R, Wang Y, Tong J, Wang B. Altered microRNA-9 Expression Level is Directly Correlated with Pathogenesis of Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease by Targeting Onecut2 and SIRT1. Med Sci Monit. 2016;22:3804-3819 pubmed..Finally, we identified 2 miR-9 targets, Onecut2 and SIRT1, which may be crucial players in NAFLD development. ..
- Kutty R, Samuel W, Jaworski C, Duncan T, Nagineni C, Raghavachari N, et al. MicroRNA expression in human retinal pigment epithelial (ARPE-19) cells: increased expression of microRNA-9 by N-(4-hydroxyphenyl)retinamide. Mol Vis. 2010;16:1475-86 pubmed..Several miRNAs with inherent ability to regulate cell growth, differentiation and development are also normally expressed in ARPE-19 cells. Thus, miR-9 and other miRNAs could be important in maintaining RPE cell function. ..
- Yu T, Liu K, Wu Y, Fan J, Chen J, Li C, et al. MicroRNA-9 inhibits the proliferation of oral squamous cell carcinoma cells by suppressing expression of CXCR4 via the Wnt/?-catenin signaling pathway. Oncogene. 2014;33:5017-27 pubmed publisher..These results provide new evidence of miR-9 as a promising tumor gene therapeutic target for OSCC patients. ..
- Visani M, de Biase D, Marucci G, Cerasoli S, Nigrisoli E, Bacchi Reggiani M, et al. Expression of 19 microRNAs in glioblastoma and comparison with other brain neoplasia of grades I-III. Mol Oncol. 2014;8:417-30 pubmed publisher..This study provides further data for the identification of a miRNA profile for glioblastoma and suggests that different-grade neoplasia could be characterized by different expression of specific miRNAs. ..
- Madelaine R, Sloan S, Huber N, Notwell J, Leung L, Skariah G, et al. MicroRNA-9 Couples Brain Neurogenesis and Angiogenesis. Cell Rep. 2017;20:1533-1542 pubmed publisher..Because of this dual role on neural stem cell proliferation and angiogenesis, miR-9 and its downstream targets are promising factors for cellular regenerative therapy following stroke and for brain tumor treatment. ..
- Jang M, Kim H, Gwak J, Chung Y, Park S. Prognostic value of microRNA-9 and microRNA-155 expression in triple-negative breast cancer. Hum Pathol. 2017;68:69-78 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that expression levels of both miR-9 and miR-155 can serve as candidates for prognostic biomarkers in TNBCs. ..
- Gao H, Huo F, Wang H, Pei D. MicroRNA-9 inhibits the gastric cancer cell proliferation by targeting TNFAIP8. Cell Prolif. 2017;50: pubmed publisher..Our results suggested that MicroRNA-9-TNFAIP8 might represent a promising diagnostic biomarker for GC patients and could be a potential therapeutic target in the prevention and treatment of GC. ..
- Hasanzadeh A, Mesrian Tanha H, Ghaedi K, Madani M. Aberrant expression of miR-9 in benign and malignant breast tumors. Mol Cell Probes. 2016;30:279-284 pubmed publisher..Our results shed additional information on controversial expression pattern of miR-9 depending on different progression level of BC. ..
- Li J, Tay H, Maltby S, Xiang Y, Eyers F, Hatchwell L, et al. MicroRNA-9 regulates steroid-resistant airway hyperresponsiveness by reducing protein phosphatase 2A activity. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2015;136:462-73 pubmed publisher..MiR-9 regulates GR signaling and steroid-resistant AHR. Targeting miR-9 function might be a novel approach for the treatment of steroid-resistant asthma. ..
- Pronina I, Loginov V, Burdennyy A, Fridman M, Kazubskaya T, Dmitriev A, et al. Expression and DNA methylation alterations of seven cancer-associated 3p genes and their predicted regulator miRNAs (miR-129-2, miR-9-1) in breast and ovarian cancers. Gene. 2016;576:483-91 pubmed publisher..01), and GeneCards data) in the examined gynecological tumors. ..
- Nowak J, Hobor F, Downie Ruiz Velasco A, Choudhury N, Heikel G, Kerr A, et al. Lin28a uses distinct mechanisms of binding to RNA and affects miRNA levels positively and negatively. RNA. 2017;23:317-332 pubmed publisher..Our findings shed light on the role of Lin28a in differentiating cells and on the ways in which one RNA-binding protein can perform multiple roles in the regulation of RNA processing. ..
- Meng Q, Xiang L, Fu J, Chu X, Wang C, Yan B. Transcriptome profiling reveals miR-9-3p as a novel tumor suppressor in gastric cancer. Oncotarget. 2017;8:37321-37331 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggested that miR-9-3p plays important role in tumor invasion, and these findings implicated the potential effects of miR-9-3p on prognosis of gastric cancer. ..
- Owczarz M, Budzińska M, Domaszewska Szostek A, Borkowska J, Polosak J, Gewartowska M, et al. miR-34a and miR-9 are overexpressed and SIRT genes are downregulated in peripheral blood mononuclear cells of aging humans. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2017;242:1453-1461 pubmed publisher..It might however affect the function of the immune system and, therefore, aging individuals can profit from interventions increasing the level of SIRT1. ..
- Park Y, Lee S, Kim S, Liu Y, Lee M, Shin J, et al. MicroRNA-9 suppresses cell migration and invasion through downregulation of TM4SF1 in colorectal cancer. Int J Oncol. 2016;48:2135-43 pubmed publisher..Our results also indicate that miR-9 might be a novel target for the treatment of CRC invasion and metastasis. ..
- Tang H, Yao L, Tao X, Yu Y, Chen M, Zhang R, et al. miR-9 functions as a tumor suppressor in ovarian serous carcinoma by targeting TLN1. Int J Mol Med. 2013;32:381-8 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the activation of the TLN1-modulated FAK/AKT pathway was inhibited by the increased miR-9 levels. These results suggest that miR-9 plays a role as a tumor suppressor in OSC by suppressing TLN1 expression. ..
- Liu W, Gao G, Hu X, Wang Y, Schwarz J, Chen J, et al. Activation of miR-9 by human papillomavirus in cervical cancer. Oncotarget. 2014;5:11620-30 pubmed..Thus, our work helps to understand the molecular mechanisms as well as identify potential therapeutic targets for cervical cancer and other HPV-induced cancers. ..
- Hafizi M, Atashi A, Bakhshandeh B, Kabiri M, Nadri S, Hosseini R, et al. MicroRNAs as markers for neurally committed CD133+/CD34+ stem cells derived from human umbilical cord blood. Biochem Genet. 2013;51:175-88 pubmed publisher..These data highlight the prominent therapeutic potential of hematopoietic stem cells for use in cell therapy of neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Zhu M, Xu Y, Ge M, Gui Z, Yan F. Regulation of UHRF1 by microRNA-9 modulates colorectal cancer cell proliferation and apoptosis. Cancer Sci. 2015;106:833-9 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results offer inÂ vitro validation of the concept that miR-9 could repress the expression of UHRF1, and function as a tumor-suppressive microRNA in CRC. It may serve as a prognostic and therapeutic marker for CRC. ..
- Zhou B, Xu H, Xia M, Sun C, Li N, Guo E, et al. Overexpressed miR-9 promotes tumor metastasis via targeting E-cadherin in serous ovarian cancer. Front Med. 2017;11:214-222 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study demonstrates that miR-9 may promote ovarian cancer metastasis via targeting E-cadherin and a novel potential therapeutic approach to control metastasis of ovarian cancer. ..
- Nowek K, Sun S, Bullinger L, Bindels E, Exalto C, Dijkstra M, et al. Aberrant expression of miR-9/9* in myeloid progenitors inhibits neutrophil differentiation by post-transcriptional regulation of ERG. Leukemia. 2016;30:229-37 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this study demonstrates that miR-9/9* are aberrantly expressed in most of AML cases and interfere with normal neutrophil differentiation by downregulation of ERG. ..
- Munoz J, Rodriguez Cruz V, Ramkissoon S, Ligon K, Greco S, Rameshwar P. Temozolomide resistance in glioblastoma occurs by miRNA-9-targeted PTCH1, independent of sonic hedgehog level. Oncotarget. 2015;6:1190-201 pubmed..Taken together, miR-9 targets PTCH1 in GBM cells by a SHH-independent method in GBM cells for TMZ resistance. The identified pathways could lead to new strategies to target GBM with combinations of drugs. ..
- Topol A, Zhu S, Hartley B, English J, Hauberg M, Tran N, et al. Dysregulation of miRNA-9 in a Subset of Schizophrenia Patient-Derived Neural Progenitor Cells. Cell Rep. 2016;15:1024-1036 pubmed publisher..Together, these data indicate that aberrant levels and activity of miR-9 may be one of the many factors that contribute to SZ risk, at least in a subset of patients. ..
- Wang L, Chiou S, Liao Y, Jong Y, Hsu S. Survival of motor neuron protein downregulates miR-9 expression in patients with spinal muscular atrophy. Kaohsiung J Med Sci. 2014;30:229-34 pubmed publisher..These results clearly suggested that cellular SMN proteins regulated miR-9 expression and that miR-9 expression was related to SMA severity. Thus, miR-9 may be a marker for SMA prognosis. ..
- Zhang Q, Wang L, Wong K, Li Z, Chim C. Infrequent DNA methylation of miR-9-1 and miR-9-3 in multiple myeloma. J Clin Pathol. 2015;68:557-61 pubmed publisher..Frequent methylation of miR-9-3 and miR-9-1 in cell lines, but not in primary samples, may be acquired during in vitro culture, and indicates an unimportant role of miR-9 methylation in myelomagenesis. ..
- Nishioka C, Ikezoe T, Pan B, Xu K, Yokoyama A. MicroRNA-9 plays a role in interleukin-10-mediated expression of E-cadherin in acute myelogenous leukemia cells. Cancer Sci. 2017;108:685-695 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the IL-10/E-cadherin axis may be a promising therapeutic target for treating AML. ..
- Li Y, Zhao L, Li N, Miao Y, Zhou H, Jia L. miR-9 regulates the multidrug resistance of chronic myelogenous leukemia by targeting ABCB1. Oncol Rep. 2017;37:2193-2200 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that miR-9 plays a critical role in MDR in CML by targeting ABCB1. These results provide new evidence of miR-9 as a biomarker for clinical diagnosis and as a potential therapeutic target for CML. ..
- Motawae T, Ismail M, Shabayek M, Seleem M. MicroRNAs 9 and 370 Association with Biochemical Markers in T2D and CAD Complication of T2D. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0126957 pubmed publisher..000. In addition both miRNAs were still significantly associated with each other even after conducting multiple regression analysis. This study associates the possible role of miRNAs in the diagnosis/prognosis of CAD complication of T2D. ..
- Song J, Kim D, Chun C, Jin E. MicroRNA-9 regulates survival of chondroblasts and cartilage integrity by targeting protogenin. Cell Commun Signal. 2013;11:66 pubmed publisher..This study shows that PRTG is regulated by miR-9, plays an inhibitory action on survival of chondroblasts and articular chondrocytes during chondrogenesis and OA pathogenesis. ..
- Zeng Y, Wang Y, Wu Z, Kang K, Peng X, Peng W, et al. miR-9 enhances the transactivation of nuclear factor of activated T cells by targeting KPNB1 and DYRK1B. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2015;308:C720-8 pubmed publisher..Functionally, miR-9 promoted IL-2 production in stimulated human lymphocyte Jurkat T cells. Collectively, our data reveal a novel role for miR-9 in regulation of the NFAT pathway by targeting KPNB1 and DYRK1B. ..
- Xu Y, Xie Y, Wang X, Chen X, Liu Q, Ying M, et al. Identification of cancer stem cells from hepatocellular carcinoma cell lines and their related microRNAs. Oncol Rep. 2013;30:2056-62 pubmed publisher..Altogether, 27 CSC-specific miRNAs were determined in PLC/PRF/5; miR-9* and miR-194 were identified as the common CSC-specific miRNAs across the three HCC cell lines. ..
- Zhong X, Li N, Liang S, Huang Q, Coukos G, Zhang L. Identification of microRNAs regulating reprogramming factor LIN28 in embryonic stem cells and cancer cells. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:41961-71 pubmed publisher..Global down-regulation of these miRNAs may be one of the mechanisms of LIN28 reactivation in human cancers. ..
- Safari A, Azizmohammadi S, Kaghazian M, Sadrkhanlo M, Yahaghi E, Farshgar R, et al. Molecular identification of miR-145 and miR-9 expression level as prognostic biomarkers for early-stage cervical cancer detection. QJM. 2017;110:11-15 pubmed publisher..023; P =?0.031) were independent prognostic factors for overall survival of patients. miRNA-145 and 9 may be as potential prognostic marker in patients suffering from cervical cancer. ..
- Deng J, Lei W, Xiang X, Zhang L, Lei J, Gong Y, et al. Cullin 4A (CUL4A), a direct target of miR-9 and miR-137, promotes gastric cancer proliferation and invasion by regulating the Hippo signaling pathway. Oncotarget. 2016;7:10037-50 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings demonstrate that perturbations to miR-9/137-CUL4A-Hippo signaling contribute to gastric tumorigenesis, and suggest potential therapeutic targets for the future treatment of GC. ..
- Torres A, Torres K, Pesci A, Ceccaroni M, Paszkowski T, Cassandrini P, et al. Diagnostic and prognostic significance of miRNA signatures in tissues and plasma of endometrioid endometrial carcinoma patients. Int J Cancer. 2013;132:1633-45 pubmed publisher..909 (95% CI: 0.789-973) and 0.913 (95% CI: 0.794-0.976), respectively. We conclude that miRNA signatures hold a great promise to become noninvasive biomarkers for early EEC detection and prognosis...
- Citron F, Armenia J, Franchin G, Polesel J, Talamini R, D Andrea S, et al. An Integrated Approach Identifies Mediators of Local Recurrence in Head and Neck Squamous Carcinoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2017;23:3769-3780 pubmed publisher..i>Clin Cancer Res; 23(14); 3769-80. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Han L, Wang W, Ding W, Zhang L. MiR-9 is involved in TGF-?1-induced lung cancer cell invasion and adhesion by targeting SOX7. J Cell Mol Med. 2017;21:2000-2008 pubmed publisher..We concluded that miR-9 expression was negatively correlated with SOX7 expression in human NSCLC. miR-9 was up-regulated by TGF-?1 and contributed to TGF-?1-induced NSCLC cell invasion and adhesion by directly targeting SOX7. ..
- Wang H, Zhang W, Zuo Y, Ding M, Ke C, Yan R, et al. miR-9 promotes cell proliferation and inhibits apoptosis by targeting LASS2 in bladder cancer. Tumour Biol. 2015;36:9631-40 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these results indicate that miR-9 upregulation might be associated with malignant phenotype of bladder cancer. miR-9 promotes chemoresistance of bladder cancer cells by target LASS2. ..
- Zhang Z, Almeida S, Lu Y, Nishimura A, Peng L, Sun D, et al. Downregulation of microRNA-9 in iPSC-derived neurons of FTD/ALS patients with TDP-43 mutations. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e76055 pubmed publisher..These results show that iPSC models of FTD/ALS are useful for revealing stress-dependent cellular defects of human patient neurons containing rare TDP-43 mutations in their native genetic contexts. ..
- ..In this review, we summarize the current knowledge about miRNAs in immunity and inflammation, focusing on the recent results on miRNAs involved in the regulation of immune responses and inflammatory diseases. ..
- Nissan X, Blondel S, Navarro C, Maury Y, Denis C, Girard M, et al. Unique preservation of neural cells in Hutchinson- Gilford progeria syndrome is due to the expression of the neural-specific miR-9 microRNA. Cell Rep. 2012;2:1-9 pubmed publisher..Our results support the hypothesis, recently proposed from analyses in mice, that protection of neural cells from progerin accumulation in HGPS is due to the physiologically restricted expression of miR-9 to that cell lineage. ..
- Dong Z, Zhang A, Liu S, Lu F, Guo Y, Zhang G, et al. Aberrant Methylation-Mediated Silencing of lncRNA MEG3 Functions as a ceRNA in Esophageal Cancer. Mol Cancer Res. 2017;15:800-810 pubmed publisher..i>Mol Cancer Res; 15(7); 800-10. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Sun L, Liu L, Fu H, Wang Q, Shi Y. Association of Decreased Expression of Serum miR-9 with Poor Prognosis of Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma Patients. Med Sci Monit. 2016;22:289-94 pubmed..In addition, low serum miR-9 was correlated with poor prognosis of OSCC, indicating miR-9 might play a tumor suppressive role in OSCC and can serve as a promising biomarker for this deadly disease. ..