Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR7-2
Description: microRNA 7-2
Alias: MIRN7-2, hsa-mir-7-2, mir-7-2
- Hara K, Miyazaki T, Yokobori T, Yoshida T, Kumakura Y, Honjyo H, et al. Significance and Function of MicroRNA-7 in Oesophageal Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:1043-1048 pubmed..In vitro assays showed miR-7 precursor treatment suppressed the proliferation of ESCC cells. miR-7 might be a promising prognostic marker and therapeutic target in ESCC. ..
- Ma J, Fang B, Zeng F, Pang H, Zhang J, Shi Y, et al. Curcumin inhibits cell growth and invasion through up-regulation of miR-7 in pancreatic cancer cells. Toxicol Lett. 2014;231:82-91 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrated that targeting miR-7 by curcumin could be a novel strategy for the treatment of pancreatic cancer. ..
- Midgley A, Morris G, Phillips A, Steadman R. 17Î²-estradiol ameliorates age-associated loss of fibroblast function by attenuating IFN-Î³/STAT1-dependent miR-7 upregulation. Aging Cell. 2016;15:531-41 pubmed publisher..The modulation of fibroblast functions and ultimately wound healing by miR-7 activators or inhibitors could provide realistic targets for the restoration of chronic wound healing capabilities in the elderly. ..
- Gu D, Jiang M, Mei Z, Dai J, Dai C, Fang C, et al. microRNA-7 impairs autophagy-derived pools of glucose to suppress pancreatic cancer progression. Cancer Lett. 2017;400:69-78 pubmed publisher..Hence, miR-7 might be a potential therapeutic target in pancreatic cancer. ..
- Zhang X, Guo J, Ai S, Hu Y, Sun Q, Xu Q, et al. Mutation analysis of microRNA-7 gene in Chinese patients with Parkinson's disease. Zhong Nan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2012;37:1189-92 pubmed publisher..We analyzed miR-7 variants in 225 PD patients from Chinese Han group by DNA sequence. None of the patients had miR-7 variants. MiR-7 variation is not associated with PD in Chinese patients. ..
- Chaudhuri A, Kabaria S, Choi D, Mouradian M, Junn E. MicroRNA-7 Promotes Glycolysis to Protect against 1-Methyl-4-phenylpyridinium-induced Cell Death. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:12425-34 pubmed publisher..This protective effect of microRNA-7 could be exploited to correct the defects in oxidative phosphorylation in Parkinson disease. ..
- Hu Y, Li D, Wu A, Qiu X, Di W, Huang L, et al. TWEAK-stimulated macrophages inhibit metastasis of epithelial ovarian cancer via exosomal shuttling of microRNA. Cancer Lett. 2017;393:60-67 pubmed publisher..These findings provide a novel model in which TMs inhibit the metastasis of EOC cells via shuttling of exosomal miR-7 to EOC cells, thereby inhibiting the EGFR/AKT/ERK1/2 pathway. ..
- Kim S, Chen Z, Essani A, Elshabrawy H, Volin M, Volkov S, et al. Identification of a Novel Toll-like Receptor 7 Endogenous Ligand in Rheumatoid Arthritis Synovial Fluid That Can Provoke Arthritic Joint Inflammation. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2016;68:1099-110 pubmed publisher..The results of this study underscore the importance of miR-let-7b ligation to TLR-7 in the joint during the effector phase of RA. ..
- Shaer A, Azarpira N, Karimi M, Soleimani M, Dehghan S. Differentiation of Human-Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells Into Insulin-Producing Clusters by MicroRNA-7. Exp Clin Transplant. 2016;14:555-563 pubmed publisher..Chemical transfection with microRNA-7 can differentiate human induced pluripotent stem cells into functional isletlike cell clusters in a short time. ..
- Visani M, de Biase D, Marucci G, Cerasoli S, Nigrisoli E, Bacchi Reggiani M, et al. Expression of 19 microRNAs in glioblastoma and comparison with other brain neoplasia of grades I-III. Mol Oncol. 2014;8:417-30 pubmed publisher..This study provides further data for the identification of a miRNA profile for glioblastoma and suggests that different-grade neoplasia could be characterized by different expression of specific miRNAs. ..
- Shahab S, Matyunina L, Hill C, Wang L, Mezencev R, Walker L, et al. The effects of MicroRNA transfections on global patterns of gene expression in ovarian cancer cells are functionally coordinated. BMC Med Genomics. 2012;5:33 pubmed publisher..The functionally coordinated patterns of gene expression displayed by different families of miRNAs have the potential to provide clinicians with a strategy to treat cancers from a systems rather than a single gene perspective. ..
- Luo J, Cai Q, Wang W, Huang H, Zeng H, He W, et al. A microRNA-7 binding site polymorphism in HOXB5 leads to differential gene expression in bladder cancer. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e40127 pubmed publisher..HOXB5 is overexpressed in bladder cancer. A miRNA-binding SNP (1010A/G) located within 3'-UTR of HOXB5 is associated with gene expression and may be a promising prognostic factor for bladder cancer. ..
- Kabaria S, Choi D, Chaudhuri A, Jain M, Li H, Junn E. MicroRNA-7 activates Nrf2 pathway by targeting Keap1 expression. Free Radic Biol Med. 2015;89:548-56 pubmed publisher..These findings point to a new mechanism by which miR-7 exerts cytoprotective effects by regulating the Nrf2 pathway. ..
- Liu H, Wu X, Huang J, Peng J, Guo L. miR-7 modulates chemoresistance of small cell lung cancer by repressing MRP1/ABCC1. Int J Exp Pathol. 2015;96:240-7 pubmed publisher..Our data suggested that miR-7 mediated SCLC chemoresistance by repressing MRP1/ABCC1 and may be a prognostic predictor and potential therapeutic target in human SCLC. ..
- Wang B, Sun F, Dong N, Sun Z, Diao Y, Zheng C, et al. MicroRNA-7 directly targets insulin-like growth factor 1 receptor to inhibit cellular growth and glucose metabolism in gliomas. Diagn Pathol. 2014;9:211 pubmed publisher..Therefore, miR-7 is a promising molecular drug for glioma treatment. The virtual slide(s) for this article can be found here: http://www.diagnosticpathology.diagnomx.eu/vs/13000_2014_211. ..
- Yu Z, Ni L, Chen D, Zhang Q, Su Z, Wang Y, et al. Identification of miR-7 as an oncogene in renal cell carcinoma. J Mol Histol. 2013;44:669-77 pubmed publisher..Further researches should be conducted to explore the roles and target genes of miR-7 in RCC and other cancers. ..
- Giles K, Brown R, Epis M, Kalinowski F, Leedman P. miRNA-7-5p inhibits melanoma cell migration and invasion. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;430:706-10 pubmed publisher..Thus, miR-7-5p may represent a novel tumor suppressor miRNA in melanoma, acting at least in part via its inhibition of IRS-2 expression and oncogenic Akt signaling. ..