Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR452
Description: microRNA 452
Alias: MIRN452, hsa-mir-452
- Kim M, Jang K, Miller P, Picon Ruiz M, Yeasky T, El Ashry D, et al. VEGFA links self-renewal and metastasis by inducing Sox2 to repress miR-452, driving Slug. Oncogene. 2017;36:5199-5211 pubmed publisher..Prior work showed EMT transcription factor overexpression upregulates CSC. Present work indicates that stemness and metastasis are a two-way street: Sox2, a major mediator of CSC self-renewal, also governs the metastatic process. ..
- Zheng Q, Sheng Q, Jiang C, Shu J, Chen J, Nie Z, et al. MicroRNA-452 promotes tumorigenesis in hepatocellular carcinoma by targeting cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 1B. Mol Cell Biochem. 2014;389:187-95 pubmed publisher..Silencing CDKN1B by small interfering RNA resembled the phenotype resulting from ectopic miR-452 expression. This study provides new insights into the potential molecular mechanisms that miRNA-452 contributed to HCC. ..
- He Z, Xia Y, Pan C, Ma T, Liu B, Wang J, et al. Up-Regulation of MiR-452 Inhibits Metastasis of Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer by Regulating BMI1. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2015;37:387-98 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that miR-452 plays a vital role in development of NSCLC, and this miR-452-BMI1 pathway might generate a novel insight into the treatment of NSCLC. ..
- Zhang Y, Han L, Pang J, Wang Y, Feng F, Jiang Q. Expression of microRNA-452 via adenoviral vector inhibits non-small cell lung cancer cells proliferation and metastasis. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:8259-70 pubmed publisher..Moreover, miR-452 blocks the activation of PI3K/AKT pathway, which is also required for EMT process. These data reveal that miR-452 treatment could be a novel target or strategy for NSCLC treatment. ..
- Zheng Z, Liu J, Yang Z, Wu L, Xie H, Jiang C, et al. MicroRNA-452 promotes stem-like cells of hepatocellular carcinoma by inhibiting Sox7 involving Wnt/?-catenin signaling pathway. Oncotarget. 2016;7:28000-12 pubmed publisher..These data suggested that miR-452 promoted stem-like traits of HCC, which might be a potential therapeutic target for HCC. The combination of doxorubicin and ATRA might be a promising therapy in HCC management. ..
- Goto Y, Kojima S, Kurozumi A, Kato M, Okato A, Matsushita R, et al. Regulation of E3 ubiquitin ligase-1 (WWP1) by microRNA-452 inhibits cancer cell migration and invasion in prostate cancer. Br J Cancer. 2016;114:1135-44 pubmed publisher..Regulation of the miR-452-WWP1 axis contributed to PCa cell migration and invasion, and elucidation of downstream signalling of this axis will provide new insights into the mechanisms of PCa oncogenesis and metastasis. ..
- Li R, Wang L. Decreased microRNA-452 expression and its prognostic significance in human osteosarcoma. World J Surg Oncol. 2016;14:150 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that miR-452 downregulation may be involved in osteosarcoma formation and progression and that miR-452 would serve as a novel prognostic biomarker for patients with this disease. ..