Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR451A
Description: microRNA 451a
Alias: MIR451, MIRN451, hsa-mir-451, hsa-mir-451a
- Cheng D, Xu Y, Sun C, He Z. MicroRNA-451 sensitizes lung cancer cells to cisplatin through regulation of Mcl-1. Mol Cell Biochem. 2016;423:85-91 pubmed
- Bruchova Votavova H, Yoon D, Prchal J. miR-451 enhances erythroid differentiation in K562 cells. Leuk Lymphoma. 2010;51:686-93 pubmed publisher..These data support the concept that aberrant expression of miRNAs may contribute to abnormal erythropoiesis such as that of PV. ..
- Guo R, Gu J, Zhang Z, Wang Y, Gu C. MiR-451 Promotes Cell Proliferation and Metastasis in Pancreatic Cancer through Targeting CAB39. Biomed Res Int. 2017;2017:2381482 pubmed publisher..Our findings improve our understanding of the function of miR-451 in the identification and therapy of pancreatic cancer. ..
- Liu S, Deng S, He Y, Ni G. miR-451 inhibits cell growth, migration and angiogenesis in human osteosarcoma via down-regulating IL 6R. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;482:987-993 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data demonstrate that miR-451 may function as a potential suppressor of tumor growth, migration and angiogenesis in OS via down-regulating IL 6R, suggesting a promising therapeutic avenue for managing OS. ..
- Li X, Sanda T, Look A, Novina C, von Boehmer H. Repression of tumor suppressor miR-451 is essential for NOTCH1-induced oncogenesis in T-ALL. J Exp Med. 2011;208:663-75 pubmed publisher..Thus, miR-451 and miR-709 function as potent suppressors of oncogenesis in NOTCH1-induced mouse T-ALL, and miR-451 influences MYC expression in human T-ALL bearing NOTCH1 mutations. ..
- Kohrs N, Kolodziej S, Kuvardina O, Herglotz J, Yillah J, Herkt S, et al. MiR144/451 Expression Is Repressed by RUNX1 During Megakaryopoiesis and Disturbed by RUNX1/ETO. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1005946 pubmed publisher..Thus RUNX1/ETO contributes to increased expression of miR451 target genes and interferes with normal gene expression during differentiation...
- Bitarte N, Bandres E, Boni V, Zarate R, Rodriguez J, Gonzalez Huarriz M, et al. MicroRNA-451 is involved in the self-renewal, tumorigenicity, and chemoresistance of colorectal cancer stem cells. Stem Cells. 2011;29:1661-71 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that miR-451 is a novel candidate to circumvent recurrence and drug resistance in colorectal cancer and could be used as a marker to predict response to irinotecan in patients with colon carcinoma. ..
- Nothnick W, Falcone T, Joshi N, Fazleabas A, Graham A. Serum miR-451a Levels Are Significantly Elevated in Women With Endometriosis and Recapitulated in Baboons ( Papio anubis) With Experimentally-Induced Disease. Reprod Sci. 2017;24:1195-1202 pubmed publisher..MicroRNA-451a may serve as a serum diagnostic marker for endometriosis. ..
- Zhang J, Qin X, Sun Q, Guo H, Wu X, Xie F, et al. Transcriptional control of PAX4-regulated miR-144/451 modulates metastasis by suppressing ADAMs expression. Oncogene. 2015;34:3283-95 pubmed publisher..This discovery suggests that a PAX4-miR-144/451-ADAMs axis regulates human epithelial cancer metastasis, thus opening up therapeutic possibilities and predicting prognosis for those cancer types. ..
- Ren C, Chen H, Han C, Fu D, Wang D, Shen M. High expression of miR-16 and miR-451 predicating better prognosis in patients with gastric cancer. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2016;142:2489-2496 pubmed..Especially patients with miR-16 and miR-451 double high expression will predict better OS. MiR-16 and miR-451 may be used as novel makers to evaluate prognosis and provide a new treatment target in GC. ..
- Su R, Gong J, Chen M, Song L, Shen C, Zhang X, et al. c-Myc suppresses miR-451âŠ£YWTAZ/AKT axis via recruiting HDAC3 in acute myeloid leukemia. Oncotarget. 2016;7:77430-77443 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that c-MycâŠ£miR-451âŠ£YWHAZ/AKT cascade might play a crucial role during leukemogenesis, and reintroduction of miR-451 could be as a potential strategy for AML therapy. ..
- Xu K, Zhang Y, Han B, Bai Y, Xiong Y, Song Y, et al. Suppression subtractive hybridization identified differentially expressed genes in colorectal cancer: microRNA-451a as a novel colorectal cancer-related gene. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317705504 pubmed publisher..MicroRNA-451a was demonstrated to be downregulated in colorectal cancer patient tissues whose target genes were analyzed and functions were predicted by suppression subtractive hybridization. ..
- Liu X, Zhang A, Xiang J, Lv Y, Zhang X. miR-451 acts as a suppressor of angiogenesis in hepatocellular carcinoma by targeting the IL-6R-STAT3 pathway. Oncol Rep. 2016;36:1385-92 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, miR-451 may function as a potential suppressor of tumor angiogenesis in HCC by targeting IL-6R-STAT3-VEGF signaling, suggesting a promising therapeutic avenue for managing HCC. ..
- Zhu H, Zhang L, Xu J, Zhu C, Zhao H, Zhu Y, et al. AntogomiR-451 protects human gastric epithelial cells from ethanol via activating AMPK signaling. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2018;497:339-346 pubmed publisher..Collectively, antagomiR-451 protects human GECs from ethanol via activating AMPK signaling. ..
- Gu X, Li J, Guo J, Li P, Zhang W. Influence of MiR-451 on Drug Resistances of Paclitaxel-Resistant Breast Cancer Cell Line. Med Sci Monit. 2015;21:3291-7 pubmed
- Zhu S, Huang Y, Su X. Mir-451 Correlates with Prognosis of Renal Cell Carcinoma Patients and Inhibits Cellular Proliferation of Renal Cell Carcinoma. Med Sci Monit. 2016;22:183-90 pubmed..The targeted gene of miR-451 is PSMB8. MiR-451 acts as an anti-oncogene in RCC. Our data offer a new therapeutic target for further research. ..
- Tang Y, Wan W, Wang L, Ji S, Zhang J. microRNA-451 inhibited cell proliferation, migration and invasion through regulation of MIF in renal cell carcinoma. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:15611-21 pubmed
- Zeng T, Peng L, Chao C, Fu B, Wang G, Wang Y, et al. miR-451 inhibits invasion and proliferation of bladder cancer by regulating EMT. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2014;7:7653-62 pubmed..In conclusion, miR451 should be a tumor-suppressing gene in bladder cancer...
- Chen M, Wei M, Han J, Wu X, Li C, Wang J, et al. MicroRNA-451 regulates AMPK/mTORC1 signaling and fascin1 expression in HT-29 colorectal cancer. Cell Signal. 2014;26:102-9 pubmed publisher..Our results suggested that the over-expressed microRNA-451 in colon cancer cells might inhibit AMPK to activate mTORC1, which mediates FSCN1 expression and cancer cell progression. ..
- Wang H, Zhang G, Wu Z, Lu B, Yuan D, Li X, et al. MicoRNA-451 is a novel tumor suppressor via targeting c-myc in head and neck squamous cell carcinomas. J Cancer Res Ther. 2015;11 Suppl 2:C216-21 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify miRNA-451 as a potential biomarker and suggest a key role of miRNA-451-c-myc pathway in HNSCC cell transformation, which could represent a novel therapeutic strategy in HNSCC treatment. ..
- He J, Xu Q, Jing Y, Agani F, Qian X, Carpenter R, et al. Reactive oxygen species regulate ERBB2 and ERBB3 expression via miR-199a/125b and DNA methylation. EMBO Rep. 2012;13:1116-22 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal that ERBB2 and ERBB3 expression is regulated by ROS via miR-199a and miR-125b downregulation and DNA hypermethylation. ..
- Liu X, Zhang X, Xiang J, Lv Y, Shi J. miR-451: potential role as tumor suppressor of human hepatoma cell growth and invasion. Int J Oncol. 2014;45:739-45 pubmed publisher..Thus, our research supports this promising therapeutic agent against hepatoma. ..
- Camkurt M, Acar Å, CoÅŸkun S, GÃ¼neÅŸ M, GÃ¼neÅŸ S, YÄ±lmaz M, et al. Comparison of plasma MicroRNA levels in drug naive, first episode depressed patients and healthy controls. J Psychiatr Res. 2015;69:67-71 pubmed publisher..Additionally, miR-451a could serve as a candidate biomarker for depression based on the acting mechanism of ketamine. Studies targeting miR-451a levels before and after treatment could be helpful. ..
- Wang Z, Lu H, Zhou Q, Yu S, Mao Y, Zhang H, et al. MiR-451 inhibits synovial fibroblasts proliferation and inflammatory cytokines secretion in rheumatoid arthritis through mediating p38MAPK signaling pathway. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:14562-7 pubmed..01), and IL-6 (487 Â± 84 pg/ml vs 257 Â± 92 pg/ml, P < 0.01). The results proved that miR-451 can down-regulate p38 MAPK protein expression, and reduce synovial fibroblasts proliferation and cytokine expression level. ..
- Minna E, Romeo P, Dugo M, De Cecco L, Todoerti K, Pilotti S, et al. miR-451a is underexpressed and targets AKT/mTOR pathway in papillary thyroid carcinoma. Oncotarget. 2016;7:12731-47 pubmed publisher..Overall, our study provide both an updated overview of miRNA deregulation in PTC and the first functional evidence that miR-451a exerts tumor suppressor functions in this neoplasia. ..
- Mamoori A, Gopalan V, Lu C, Chua T, Morris D, Smith R, et al. Expression pattern of miR-451 and its target MIF (macrophage migration inhibitory factor) in colorectal cancer. J Clin Pathol. 2017;70:308-312 pubmed publisher..The results showed that miR-451 could play a role in development and progression of colorectal cancer and likely by targeting MIF. ..
- Riquelme I, Tapia O, Leal P, Sandoval A, Varga M, Letelier P, et al. miR-101-2, miR-125b-2 and miR-451a act as potential tumor suppressors in gastric cancer through regulation of the PI3K/AKT/mTOR pathway. Cell Oncol (Dordr). 2016;39:23-33 pubmed publisher..Our expression analyses and in vitro functional assays suggest that miR-101-2, miR-125b-2 and miR-451a act as potential tumor suppressors in primary GCs as well as in GC-derived AGS cells. ..
- Li Z, Wu S, Lv S, Wang H, Wang Y, Guo Q. Suppression of liver receptor homolog-1 by microRNA-451 represses the proliferation of osteosarcoma cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;461:450-5 pubmed publisher..Results showed that LRH-1 is implicated in osteosarcoma. Therefore, miR-451-induced suppression of LRH-1 can be a novel therapy to treat osteosarcoma. ..
- Grassmann F, Schoenberger P, Brandl C, Schick T, Hasler D, Meister G, et al. A circulating microrna profile is associated with late-stage neovascular age-related macular degeneration. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e107461 pubmed publisher..In addition, knockdown of hsa-mir-361-5p resulted in increased neovascularization in an in vitro angiogenesis assay. ..
- Murata K, Yoshitomi H, Furu M, Ishikawa M, Shibuya H, Ito H, et al. MicroRNA-451 down-regulates neutrophil chemotaxis via p38 MAPK. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2014;66:549-59 pubmed publisher..In SKG mice, miR-451 treatment reduced the severity of arthritis and the number of infiltrating cells. These results suggest that miR-451 suppresses neutrophil chemotaxis via p38 MAPK and is a potential target in the treatment of RA. ..
- Wu Z, Li W, Lin S, Wang C, Cai L, Lu J, et al. MicroRNA expression profile of bromocriptine-resistant prolactinomas. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2014;395:10-8 pubmed publisher..Mir-93 directly affected p21 expression in MMQ cells by targeting the 3'-UTR. Our study is the first to identify a miRNA expression profile associated with bromocriptine-resistant prolactinoma. ..
- Zhang T, Sun Q, Liu T, Chen J, Du S, Ren C, et al. MiR-451 increases radiosensitivity of nasopharyngeal carcinoma cells by targeting ras-related protein 14 (RAB14). Tumour Biol. 2014;35:12593-9 pubmed publisher..Downregulation of RAB14 partially replicated the miR-451-mediated DSBs induced by ionizing radiation (IR). MiR-451 could be a potential target for enhancing radiosensitivity of NPC cells by targeting RAB14. ..
- Wang J, Lei Z, Guo Y, Wang T, Qin Z, Xiao H, et al. miRNA-regulated delivery of lincRNA-p21 suppresses Î²-catenin signaling and tumorigenicity of colorectal cancer stem cells. Oncotarget. 2015;6:37852-70 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings suggest that lncRNAs may be promising therapeutic molecules to eradicate CSCs and MREs of tumor-suppressor miRNAs, such as miR-451, may be exploited to ensure the specificity of CSC-targeting strategies. ..
- Zhang M, Wu W, Gao M, Fei Z. MicroRNA-451 as a prognostic marker for diagnosis and lymph node metastasis of papillary thyroid carcinoma. Cancer Biomark. 2017;19:437-445 pubmed publisher..We concluded that miR-451 expression is a reliable FFPE tissue biomarker for PTC malignancies and it may have potentials to become a noninvasive, blood-based biomarker for PTC diagnosis and evaluation of LN status. ..
- Grant J, Morecroft I, Dempsie Y, van Rooij E, MacLean M, Baker A. Transient but not genetic loss of miR-451 is protective in the development of pulmonary arterial hypertension. Pulm Circ. 2013;3:840-50 pubmed publisher..Genetic deletion of miR-451 had no beneficial effect on indices of PAH, potentially because of pathway redundancy compensating for the loss of miR-451. ..
- Chen Q, Hu H, Jiao D, Yan J, Xu W, Tang X, et al. miR-126-3p and miR-451a correlate with clinicopathological features of lung adenocarcinoma: The underlying molecular mechanisms. Oncol Rep. 2016;36:909-17 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, miR-126-3p and miR-451a predicted the severity of lung adenocarcinoma. However, the possible mechanisms explored by bioinformatics need to be further validated. ..
- Du J, Liu S, He J, Liu X, Qu Y, Yan W, et al. MicroRNA-451 regulates stemness of side population cells via PI3K/Akt/mTOR signaling pathway in multiple myeloma. Oncotarget. 2015;6:14993-5007 pubmed..Our findings offer insights into the mechanisms regulating MM SP cells and provide a novel strategy to overcome resistance to existing therapies against myeloma. ..
- Ansari K, Ogawa D, Rooj A, Lawler S, Krichevsky A, Johnson M, et al. Glucose-based regulation of miR-451/AMPK signaling depends on the OCT1 transcription factor. Cell Rep. 2015;11:902-909 pubmed publisher..These findings uncover miR-451 as a major effector of glucose-regulated AMPK signaling, allowing tumor cell adaptation to variations in nutrient availability in the tumor microenvironment. ..
- Morandi F, Pistoia V. Soluble HLA-G modulates miRNA-210 and miRNA-451 expression in activated CD4+ T lymphocytes. Int Immunol. 2013;25:279-85 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, sHLA-G triggered a modulation of miRNA expression that may in turn modulate downstream gene expression, thus affecting CD4(+) T-cell function. ..
- Song L, Su M, Wang S, Zou Y, Wang X, Wang Y, et al. MiR-451 is decreased in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and regulates autophagy by targeting TSC1. J Cell Mol Med. 2014;18:2266-74 pubmed publisher..The down-regulation of miR-451 may contribute to the development of HCM and may be a potential therapeutic target for this disease. ..
- Yuan J, Lang J, Liu C, Zhou K, Chen L, Liu Y. The expression and function of miRNA-451 in osteosarcoma. Med Oncol. 2015;32:324 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that miR-451 may act not only as a novel diagnostic and prognostic marker, but also as a potential target for molecular therapy of osteosarcoma. ..
- Wang Z, Zhang H, Zhang P, Li J, Shan Z, Teng W. Upregulation of miR-2861 and miR-451 expression in papillary thyroid carcinoma with lymph node metastasis. Med Oncol. 2013;30:577 pubmed publisher..007 and 0.001, respectively). Upregulated expression of miR-2861 and miR-451 in PTC with LN metastasis represents a unique miRNA signature associated with the prognosis and progression of PTC...
- Zhao K, Wang L, Li T, Zhu M, Zhang C, Chen L, et al. The role of miR-451 in the switching between proliferation and migration in malignant glioma cells: AMPK signaling, mTOR modulation and Rac1 activation required. Int J Oncol. 2017;50:1989-1999 pubmed publisher..Our results highlight the need to consider opposing roles of a therapeutic target which, while suppressing tumor cell proliferation, could also promote cell infiltration. ..
- Wang G, Zhu J, Zhang J, Li Q, Li Y, He J, et al. Circulating microRNA: a novel potential biomarker for early diagnosis of acute myocardial infarction in humans. Eur Heart J. 2010;31:659-66 pubmed publisher..Elevated cardiac-specific miR-208a in plasma may be a novel biomarker for early detection of myocardial injury in humans. ..
- Zang W, Yang X, Wang T, Wang Y, Du Y, Chen X, et al. MiR-451 inhibits proliferation of esophageal carcinoma cell line EC9706 by targeting CDKN2D and MAP3K1. World J Gastroenterol. 2015;21:5867-76 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that miR-451 might be a novel prognostic biomarker and a potential target for the treatment of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma in the future. ..
- Liu N, Jiang N, Guo R, Jiang W, He Q, Xu Y, et al. MiR-451 inhibits cell growth and invasion by targeting MIF and is associated with survival in nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Mol Cancer. 2013;12:123 pubmed publisher..MIF was verified as a direct target of miR-451, and MIF regulated NPC cell growth and invasion. The newly identified miR-451/MIF pathway provides insight into NPC initiation and progression, and may represent a novel therapeutic target. ..
- Su Z, Ni L, Yu W, Yu Z, Chen D, Zhang E, et al. MicroRNA-451a is associated with cell proliferation, migration and apoptosis in renal cell carcinoma. Mol Med Rep. 2015;11:2248-54 pubmed publisher..05). In the present study, it was determined that miRâ€‘451a may have an important role as a tumor enhancer in RCC. These results imply that miRâ€‘451a may be a promising therapeutic target for the treatment of RCC. ..
- Liu W, Liu S, He Y, Huang R, Deng S, Ni G, et al. MiR-451 suppresses proliferation, migration and promotes apoptosis of the human osteosarcoma by targeting macrophage migration inhibitory factor. Biomed Pharmacother. 2017;87:621-627 pubmed publisher..MiR-451/MIF may be a novel therapeutic target in treatment of osteosarcoma. ..
- Beltrami C, Besnier M, Shantikumar S, Shearn A, Rajakaruna C, Laftah A, et al. Human Pericardial Fluid Contains Exosomes Enriched with Cardiovascular-Expressed MicroRNAs and Promotes Therapeutic Angiogenesis. Mol Ther. 2017;25:679-693 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data support the concept that PF exosomes orchestrate vascular repair via miRNA transfer. ..
- Wecker T, Hoffmeier K, Plötner A, Grüning B, Horres R, Backofen R, et al. MicroRNA Profiling in Aqueous Humor of Individual Human Eyes by Next-Generation Sequencing. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2016;57:1706-13 pubmed publisher..The data suggest possible roles of miRNA in intraocular cell adhesion and signaling by TGF-? and Wnt, which are important in intraocular pressure regulation and glaucoma. ..
- Zhang F, Huang W, Sheng M, Liu T. MiR-451 inhibits cell growth and invasion by targeting CXCL16 and is associated with prognosis of osteosarcoma patients. Tumour Biol. 2015;36:2041-8 pubmed publisher..These observations demonstrated that miR-451 may play an important role in tumor growth and metastasis in osteosarcoma. ..
- Li M, Song Q, Song Q, Li H, Lou Y, Wang L. Circulating miR-25-3p and miR-451a May Be Potential Biomarkers for the Diagnosis of Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0132403 pubmed publisher..8% and 88.9%, and specificity of 68.8% and 66.7% for distinguishing PTC from benign nodules, respectively. Our findings suggest that the levels of plasma miR-25-3p and miR-451a may be valuable for the diagnosis of PTC. ..
- Dore L, Amigo J, Dos Santos C, Zhang Z, Gai X, Tobias J, et al. A GATA-1-regulated microRNA locus essential for erythropoiesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:3333-8 pubmed publisher..These results reveal a miRNA locus that is required for erythropoiesis and uncover a new regulatory axis through which GATA-1 controls this process. ..
- Gu X, Xue J, Han S, Qian S, Zhang W. Circulating microRNA-451 as a predictor of resistance to neoadjuvant chemotherapy in breast cancer. Cancer Biomark. 2016;16:395-403 pubmed publisher..We laid a foundation for further research on the resistance to NACT in BC treatment. ..
- Graham A, Falcone T, Nothnick W. The expression of microRNA-451 in human endometriotic lesions is inversely related to that of macrophage migration inhibitory factor (MIF) and regulates MIF expression and modulation of epithelial cell survival. Hum Reprod. 2015;30:642-52 pubmed publisherWhat is the role of microRNA-451 (miR-451) in human endometriotic tissue? miR451 expression was elevated in endometriotic lesion tissue. MiR451 modulated the expression of macrophage migration inhibitory factor and limited cell survival...
- Bostjancic E, Zidar N, Glavac D. MicroRNA microarray expression profiling in human myocardial infarction. Dis Markers. 2009;27:255-68 pubmed publisher..Finally, qRT-PCR analysis confirmed dysregulation of 7 miRNAs, miR-150, miR-186, miR-210, miR-451, and muscle-specific, miR-1 and miR-133a/b; all of these are believed to be involved in various physiological and pathological processes. ..
- Yang J, Maurin T, Robine N, Rasmussen K, Jeffrey K, Chandwani R, et al. Conserved vertebrate mir-451 provides a platform for Dicer-independent, Ago2-mediated microRNA biogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:15163-8 pubmed publisher..Beyond the demonstration of an alternative strategy to direct gene silencing, these observations open the way for transgenic rescue of Dicer conditional knockouts. ..
- Fukumoto I, Kinoshita T, Hanazawa T, Kikkawa N, Chiyomaru T, Enokida H, et al. Identification of tumour suppressive microRNA-451a in hypopharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma based on microRNA expression signature. Br J Cancer. 2014;111:386-94 pubmed publisher..Our miRNA signature and functional analysis of targets regulated by tumour suppressive miR-451a provide new insights into the potential mechanisms of HSCC oncogenesis and metastasis. ..
- Liu Z, Miao T, Feng T, Jiang Z, Li M, Zhou L, et al. miR-451a Inhibited Cell Proliferation and Enhanced Tamoxifen Sensitive in Breast Cancer via Macrophage Migration Inhibitory Factor. Biomed Res Int. 2015;2015:207684 pubmed publisher..In summary, the miR-451a/MIF pathway may play important roles in the biological properties of breast cancer cells and may be a potential therapeutic target for breast cancer. ..
- Soltani I, Douzi K, Gharbi H, Benhassine I, Teber M, Amouri H, et al. Downregulation of miR-451 in Tunisian chronic myeloid leukemia patients: potential implication in imatinib resistance. Hematology. 2017;22:201-207 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings suggest that miR-451 and MYC form together a regulatory loop which may act as a potential therapeutic target, and disruption of suggested regulatory loop could help to improve CML therapy. ..
- Khazaei S, Nouraee N, Moradi A, Mowla S. A novel signaling role for miR-451 in esophageal tumor microenvironment and its contribution to tumor progression. Clin Transl Oncol. 2017;19:633-640 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide new insights into the stromal role of miR-451 in the esophageal tumor microenvironment as a communicatory molecule and suggest a signaling role for miR-451 in extracellular matrix cross-talks. ..
- Huang J, Zhang K, Chen D, Chen J, Feng B, Song H, et al. MicroRNA-451: epithelial-mesenchymal transition inhibitor and prognostic biomarker of hepatocelluar carcinoma. Oncotarget. 2015;6:18613-30 pubmed..Thus, targeting miR-451/c-Myc/Erk1/2 axis may be a potential strategy for the treatment of metastatic HCC. ..
- Xu H, Mei Q, Shi L, Lu J, Zhao J, Fu Q. Tumor-suppressing effects of miR451 in human osteosarcoma. Cell Biochem Biophys. 2014;69:163-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, miR-451 played a tumor-suppressing role through modulating the expression of PGE2 and CCND1, suggesting a novel target for the diagnosis and treatment of osteosarcoma. ..
- Guo H, Nan Y, Zhen Y, Zhang Y, Guo L, Yu K, et al. miRNA-451 inhibits glioma cell proliferation and invasion by downregulating glucose transporter 1. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:13751-13761 pubmed..Our results suggest a new direction for the treatment of glioma. ..
- Lopotová T, Zackova M, Klamova H, Moravcova J. MicroRNA-451 in chronic myeloid leukemia: miR-451-BCR-ABL regulatory loop?. Leuk Res. 2011;35:974-7 pubmed publisher..Following our observation of miR-451 downregulation in CML, we further show its relation to BCR-ABL activity. Our data together with current literature indicate a more complex relationship of miR-451 and BCR-ABL in CML. ..
- Brenner B, Hoshen M, Purim O, David M, Ashkenazi K, Marshak G, et al. MicroRNAs as a potential prognostic factor in gastric cancer. World J Gastroenterol. 2011;17:3976-85 pubmed publisher..This study identified three miRs, miR-451, miR-199a-3p and miR-195 to be predictive of recurrence of gastric cancer. Of these, miR-451 had the strongest prognostic impact. ..
- Li H, Zeng X, Zhang B, Long J, Zhou B, Tan G, et al. miR-451 inhibits cell proliferation in human hepatocellular carcinoma through direct suppression of IKK-?. Carcinogenesis. 2013;34:2443-51 pubmed publisher..Therefore, these results suggest that miR-451 downregulation plays an important role in promoting proliferation of HCC cells and may provide the basis for the development of novel anti-HCC therapies. ..
- Li H, Zhang Y, Cai J, Bian H. MicroRNA-451 inhibits growth of human colorectal carcinoma cells via downregulation of Pi3k/Akt pathway. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2013;14:3631-4 pubmed..Our study confirmed that miR-451 has a repressive role in CRC cells by inhibiting cell growth through down-regulating the P13K/AKT pathway. ..