Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR449A
Description: microRNA 449a
Alias: MIRN449, MIRN449A, hsa-mir-449
- Luo W, Huang B, Li Z, Li H, Sun L, Zhang Q, et al. MicroRNA-449a is downregulated in non-small cell lung cancer and inhibits migration and invasion by targeting c-Met. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e64759 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, reciprocal expression of miR-449a and c-Met was shown in NSCLC tissue samples. This study indicates that miR-449a might be associated with NSCLC progression, and suggests a crucial role for miR-449a in NSCLC. ..
- Martin A, Jones A, Bryar P, Mets M, Weinstein J, Zhang G, et al. MicroRNAs-449a and -449b exhibit tumor suppressive effects in retinoblastoma. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;440:599-603 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that these miRNAs could serve as viable therapeutic targets for retinoblastoma treatment. ..
- Noonan E, Place R, Pookot D, Basak S, Whitson J, Hirata H, et al. miR-449a targets HDAC-1 and induces growth arrest in prostate cancer. Oncogene. 2009;28:1714-24 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide new insight into the function of miRNA in regulating HDAC expression in normal versus cancerous tissue. ..
- Chen J, Zhou J, Chen X, Yang B, Wang D, Yang P, et al. miRNA-449a is downregulated in osteosarcoma and promotes cell apoptosis by targeting BCL2. Tumour Biol. 2015;36:8221-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results demonstrated a tumor-suppressive role of miR-449a in OS progression and suggested a potential therapeutic target for OS. ..
- Mercey O, Popa A, Cavard A, Paquet A, Chevalier B, Pons N, et al. Characterizing isomiR variants within the microRNA-34/449 family. FEBS Lett. 2017;591:693-705 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that 5'-isomiR-34/449 may represent additional mechanisms by which miR-34/449 family finely controls several pathways to drive multiciliogenesis. ..
- Jang S, Yoo C, Park S, Kang S, Kim H. Low expression of miR-449 in gynecologic clear cell carcinoma. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2014;24:1558-63 pubmed publisher..Thus, here we describe microRNA profiles characteristic for clear cell carcinomas of the ovary and uterus. ..
- Ye W, Xue J, Zhang Q, Li F, Zhang W, Chen H, et al. MiR-449a functions as a tumor suppressor in endometrial cancer by targeting CDC25A. Oncol Rep. 2014;32:1193-9 pubmed publisher..In addition, real-time RT-PCR and western blot analysis showed that CDC25A expression was suppressed by miR-449a overexpression. Our results suggest that miR-449a may act as a tumor suppressor by targeting CDC25A in endometrial cancer. ..
- Zhang E, Kong R, Yin D, You L, Sun M, Han L, et al. Long noncoding RNA ANRIL indicates a poor prognosis of gastric cancer and promotes tumor growth by epigenetically silencing of miR-99a/miR-449a. Oncotarget. 2014;5:2276-92 pubmed..Our results suggest that ANRIL, as a growth regulator, may serve as a candidate prognostic biomarker and target for new therapies in human gastric cancer. ..
- Chen S, Liu B, Xu J, Pei X, Liao Y, Yuan F, et al. MiR-449a suppresses the epithelial-mesenchymal transition and metastasis of hepatocellular carcinoma by multiple targets. BMC Cancer. 2015;15:706 pubmed publisher..Our data highlight an important role of miR-449a in the molecular etiology of HCC, and implicate the potential application of miR-449a in cancer therapy. ..
- Li H, Li X, Ge X, Jia L, Zhang Z, Fang R, et al. MiR-34b-3 and miR-449a inhibit malignant progression of nasopharyngeal carcinoma by targeting lactate dehydrogenase A. Oncotarget. 2016;7:54838-54851 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that miR-34b-3 and miR-449a suppress the development of NPC through regulation of glycolysis via targeting LDHA and may be potential therapeutic targets for the treatment of NPC. ..
- Deng N, Li L, Gao J, Zhou J, Wang Y, Wang C, et al. Hsa_circ_0009910 promotes carcinogenesis by promoting the expression of miR-449a target IL6R in osteosarcoma. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2018;495:189-196 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we suggested that circ_0009910 acted as a sponge of miR-449a and upregulated miR-449a functional target IL6R, thereby contributed to carcinogenesis of OS. ..
- Qu B, Gong K, Yang H, Li Y, Jiang T, Zeng Z, et al. MiR-449 overexpression inhibits osteogenic differentiation of bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells via suppressing Sirt1/Fra-1 pathway in high glucose and free fatty acids microenvironment. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2018;496:120-126 pubmed publisher..It is conceivable that modulating miR-449 might provide a new therapy for intervention in diabetic osteoporosis. ..
- Shi W, Bruce J, Lee M, Yue S, Rowe M, Pintilie M, et al. MiR-449a promotes breast cancer progression by targeting CRIP2. Oncotarget. 2016;7:18906-18 pubmed publisher..These finding define an oncogenic function of miR-449a in human breast cancer, and highlight the importance of this pathway in driving aggressive behaviour. ..
- Shi J, Liu Y, Liu J, Zhou J. Hsa-miR-449a genetic variant is associated with risk of gastric cancer in a Chinese population. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:13387-92 pubmed..279, 95% CI: 1.012-1.617, P = 0.043). In conclusion, our findings suggest that miR-449a rs112310158 is a genetic risk factor for GC. ..
- Zhang X, Liu H, Xie Z, Deng W, Wu C, Qin B, et al. Epigenetically regulated miR-449a enhances hepatitis B virus replication by targeting cAMP-responsive element binding protein 5 and modulating hepatocytes phenotype. Sci Rep. 2016;6:25389 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide a new understanding of the role of miRNAs in HBV replication. ..
- Chevalier B, Adamiok A, Mercey O, Revinski D, Zaragosi L, Pasini A, et al. miR-34/449 control apical actin network formation during multiciliogenesis through small GTPase pathways. Nat Commun. 2015;6:8386 pubmed publisher..Our study illustrates the intricate role played by miR-34/449 in coordinating several steps of a complex differentiation programme by regulating distinct signalling pathways. ..
- Sarma N, Tiriveedhi V, Crippin J, Chapman W, Mohanakumar T. Hepatitis C virus-induced changes in microRNA 107 (miRNA-107) and miRNA-449a modulate CCL2 by targeting the interleukin-6 receptor complex in hepatitis. J Virol. 2014;88:3733-43 pubmed publisher..Understanding microRNA-mediated transcriptional-regulatory pathways will result in development of noninvasive biomarkers for better disease prediction and development of effective therapeutics. ..
- Ding M, Qiu T, Zhou P. microRNA-449a suppresses non-small cell lung cancer. Cell Biochem Biophys. 2015;71:1255-9 pubmed publisher..The tumor suppression role of microRNA-449a could be due to its promotion of tumor cell proliferation and its inhibition of tumor cell apoptosis. ..
- Sandbothe M, Buurman R, Reich N, Greiwe L, Vajen B, Gürlevik E, et al. The microRNA-449 family inhibits TGF-?-mediated liver cancer cell migration by targeting SOX4. J Hepatol. 2017;66:1012-1021 pubmed publisher..These effects are caused by downregulation of the oncogene SOX4, which is frequently overexpressed in liver cancer. We conclude that the microRNA-449 family may be a target for liver cancer therapy. ..
- You J, Zhang Y, Liu B, Li Y, Fang N, Zu L, et al. MicroRNA-449a inhibits cell growth in lung cancer and regulates long noncoding RNA nuclear enriched abundant transcript 1. Indian J Cancer. 2014;51 Suppl 3:e77-81 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that miR-449a may function as a suppressor of lung cancer, and affects the expression of NEAT1 in lung cancer cells. ..
- Liu Y, Wang Y, Sun X, Mei C, Wang L, Li Z, et al. miR-449a promotes liver cancer cell apoptosis by downregulation of Calpain 6 and POU2F1. Oncotarget. 2016;7:13491-501 pubmed publisher..The study indicated that miR-449a functions as a tumor inhibitor in liver cancer by decreasing POU2F1 and CAPN6 expression in liver cancer. ..
- Kumar P, Sharad S, Petrovics G, Mohamed A, Dobi A, Sreenath T, et al. Loss of miR-449a in ERG-associated prostate cancer promotes the invasive phenotype by inducing SIRT1. Oncotarget. 2016;7:22791-806 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide new insight into the function of miRNAs in regulating ERG-associated CaP. Thus, miR-449a activation or SIRT1 suppression may represent new therapeutic opportunity for ERG-associated CaP. ..
- Xie X, Lu J, Kulbokas E, Golub T, Mootha V, Lindblad Toh K, et al. Systematic discovery of regulatory motifs in human promoters and 3' UTRs by comparison of several mammals. Nature. 2005;434:338-45 pubmed..The overall results provide a systematic view of gene regulation in the human, which will be refined as additional mammalian genomes become available. ..
- Niu M, Gao D, Wen Q, Wei P, Pan S, Shuai C, et al. MiR-29c regulates the expression of miR-34c and miR-449a by targeting DNA methyltransferase 3a and 3b in nasopharyngeal carcinoma. BMC Cancer. 2016;16:218 pubmed publisher..The regulation of miR-29c/DNMTs/miR-34c\449a is an important molecular axis of NPC development and targeting DNMTs or restoring of miR-29c might be a promising therapy strategy for the prevention of NPC. ..
- Li J, Yuan J, Yuan X, Zhang C, Li H, Zhao J, et al. Induction effect of MicroRNA-449a on glioma cell proliferation and inhibition on glioma cell apoptosis by promoting PKCÎ±. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2015;19:3587-92 pubmed..05). The expression of microRNA-449a is low in patients with glioma, which may inhibit the proliferation of glioma and promote its cell apoptosis via affecting the expression of PKCÎ±. ..
- Yao Y, Ma J, Xue Y, Wang P, Li Z, Li Z, et al. MiR-449a exerts tumor-suppressive functions in human glioblastoma by targeting Myc-associated zinc-finger protein. Mol Oncol. 2015;9:640-56 pubmed publisher..These results elucidated a novel molecular mechanism of GBM progression, and may thus suggest a promising application for GBM treatment. ..
- Mao A, Liu Y, Wang Y, Zhao Q, Zhou X, Sun C, et al. miR-449a enhances radiosensitivity through modulating pRb/E2F1 in prostate cancer cells. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:4831-40 pubmed publisher..Thus, miR-449a, as a miRNA component of the Rb pathway, promotes the radiosensitivity of PC-3 cells through regulating pRb/E2F1. ..
- Zhang H, Feng Z, Huang R, Xia Z, Xiang G, Zhang J. MicroRNA-449 suppresses proliferation of hepatoma cell lines through blockade lipid metabolic pathway related to SIRT1. Int J Oncol. 2014;45:2143-52 pubmed publisher..Restoration of miR-449 led to suppression of SIRT1 expression and liver tumorigenesis. The newly identified miRNAs, miR-449 represents a novel targeting mechanism for HCC therapy. ..
- Mao A, Zhao Q, Zhou X, Sun C, Si J, Zhou R, et al. MicroRNA-449a enhances radiosensitivity by downregulation of c-Myc in prostate cancer cells. Sci Rep. 2016;6:27346 pubmed publisher..These results highlight an unrecognized mechanism of miR-449a-mediated c-Myc regulation in response to IR and may provide alternative therapeutic strategies for the treatment of prostate cancer. ..
- Li Y, Jiang T, Shao L, Liu Y, Zheng C, Zhong Y, et al. Mir-449a, a potential diagnostic biomarker for WNT group of medulloblastoma. J Neurooncol. 2016;129:423-431 pubmed publisher..In addition, MiR-449a, a candidate tumor suppressor regulated by hypermethylation, is a novel potential diagnostic marker for WNT group of MBs. ..
- Zhou Y, Chen Q, Qin R, Zhang K, Li H. MicroRNA-449a reduces cell survival and enhances cisplatin-induced cytotoxicity via downregulation of NOTCH1 in ovarian cancer cells. Tumour Biol. 2014;35:12369-78 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that the ectopic expression of miR-449a may be a promising therapeutic strategy for the management of cisplatin resistance in ovarian cancer. ..
- Li X, Li H, Zhang R, Liu J, Liu J. MicroRNA-449a inhibits proliferation and induces apoptosis by directly repressing E2F3 in gastric cancer. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2015;35:2033-42 pubmed publisher..This study indicates that the miR-449a/E2F3 axis plays an important role in proliferation and apoptosis in gastric cancer. Therefore, miR-449a represents a novel target for gastric cancer therapy. ..
- Paik S, Jung H, Lee S, Yoon D, Park M, Lee J. miR-449a regulates the chondrogenesis of human mesenchymal stem cells through direct targeting of lymphoid enhancer-binding factor-1. Stem Cells Dev. 2012;21:3298-308 pubmed publisher..Collectively, this study demonstrated that miR-449a directly targets LEF-1, which in turn affects the expression of Sox 9, ultimately leading to the proper regulation of the differentiation and chondrogenesis of human MSCs (hBM-MSCs). ..