Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR433
Description: microRNA 433
Alias: MIRN433, hsa-mir-433, miRNA433
- Gotanda K, Hirota T, Matsumoto N, Ieiri I. MicroRNA-433 negatively regulates the expression of thymidylate synthase (TYMS) responsible for 5-fluorouracil sensitivity in HeLa cells. BMC Cancer. 2013;13:369 pubmed publisher..This is the first report showing that a miRNA regulating TYMS expression has a significant impact on sensitivity to 5-FU treatment. ..
- Xue J, Chen L, Li Z, Hu Y, Yan S, Liu L. MicroRNA-433 inhibits cell proliferation in hepatocellular carcinoma by targeting p21 activated kinase (PAK4). Mol Cell Biochem. 2015;399:77-86 pubmed publisher..These findings will shed light on the roles and mechanisms of miRNA-433 in regulating HCC proliferation, and may benefit future development of therapeutics targeting miRNA-433 and PAK4 in HCC. ..
- Weiner Gorzel K, Dempsey E, Milewska M, McGoldrick A, Toh V, Walsh A, et al. Overexpression of the microRNA miR-433 promotes resistance to paclitaxel through the induction of cellular senescence in ovarian cancer cells. Cancer Med. 2015;4:745-58 pubmed publisher..Our data highlight how the aberrant expression of miR-433 can adversely affect intracellular signaling to mediate chemoresistance in OC cells by driving cellular senescence. ..
- Jin Y, Zhang F, Ma Z, Ren Z. MicroRNA 433 regulates nonsense-mediated mRNA decay by targeting SMG5 mRNA. BMC Mol Biol. 2016;17:17 pubmed publisher..The miR-433 targets 3'-UTR of SMG5 and represses the expression of SMG5, whereas NMD activity is decreased when SMG5 is decreased. This discovery provides evidence for microRNA/NMD regulatory mechanism. ..
- Yang Z, Tsuchiya H, Zhang Y, Hartnett M, Wang L. MicroRNA-433 inhibits liver cancer cell migration by repressing the protein expression and function of cAMP response element-binding protein. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:28893-9 pubmed publisher..The latter is clustered with miR-433. The results reveal a critical role of miR-433 in mediating HCC cell migration via CREB1. ..
- Zhang L, Zhang Y, Zhang X, Zhang Y, Jiang Y, Xiao X, et al. MicroRNA-433 Inhibits the Proliferation and Migration of HUVECs and Neurons by Targeting Hypoxia-Inducible Factor 1 Alpha. J Mol Neurosci. 2017;61:135-143 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings indicate that miR-433 plays an important role in response to hypoxia, inhibiting HUVEC and neuron proliferation and migration by down-regulating HIF-1?. ..
- De Mena L, Cardo L, Coto E, Miar A, Diaz M, Corao A, et al. FGF20 rs12720208 SNP and microRNA-433 variation: no association with Parkinson's disease in Spanish patients. Neurosci Lett. 2010;479:22-5 pubmed publisher..None of the patients had miR-433 variants. In conclusion, our work did not confirm the association between rs12720208 and PD, or an effect of miR-433 variants on this disease. ..