Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR429
Description: microRNA 429
Alias: MIRN429, hsa-mir-429
- Hu X, Macdonald D, Huettner P, Feng Z, El Naqa I, Schwarz J, et al. A miR-200 microRNA cluster as prognostic marker in advanced ovarian cancer. Gynecol Oncol. 2009;114:457-64 pubmed publisher..In addition, our study suggests that miR-200 miRNAs could play an important regulatory role in ovarian cancer. ..
- Mo J, Alam K, Kim H, Lee Y, Yun K, Chae S. MicroRNA 429 Regulates Mucin Gene Expression and Secretion in Murine Model of Colitis. J Crohns Colitis. 2016;10:837-49 pubmed publisher..We identified target genes of MIR429, a colitis-associated miRNA, from our screen by comparing the mRNA microarray analysis in MIR429-overexpressed ..
- Zhu W, He J, Chen D, Zhang B, Xu L, Ma H, et al. Expression of miR-29c, miR-93, and miR-429 as potential biomarkers for detection of early stage non-small lung cancer. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e87780 pubmed publisher..The results of the current study suggest that detection of serum miR-29c and miR-429 expression should be further evaluated as a novel, non-invasive biomarker for early stage NSCLC. ..
- Guo S, Chen C, Ji F, Mao L, Xie Y. PP2A catalytic subunit silence by microRNA-429 activates AMPK and protects osteoblastic cells from dexamethasone. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;487:660-665 pubmed publisher..Such effect by miR-429 was again abolished with AMPK?1 silence or mutation. Together, we propose that PP2A-c silence by miR-429 activates AMPK and protects osteoblastic cells from Dex. ..
- Samantarrai D, Mallick B. miR-429 inhibits metastasis by targeting KIAA0101 in Soft Tissue Sarcoma. Exp Cell Res. 2017;357:33-39 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our work demonstrated miR-429 mediates deregulation of KIAA0101 by acting as an anti-metastatic miRNA that targets KIAA0101 pro-metastatic gene during metastasis of STS. ..
- Goeppert B, Ernst C, Baer C, Roessler S, Renner M, Mehrabi A, et al. Cadherin-6 is a putative tumor suppressor and target of epigenetically dysregulated miR-429 in cholangiocarcinoma. Epigenetics. 2016;11:780-790 pubmed..Our work represents a valuable repository for the study of epigenetically altered miRNAs in cholangiocarcinogenesis and novel putative, CC-related tumor suppressive miRNAs and oncomiRs. ..
- Cantini L, Isella C, Petti C, Picco G, Chiola S, Ficarra E, et al. MicroRNA-mRNA interactions underlying colorectal cancer molecular subtypes. Nat Commun. 2015;6:8878 pubmed publisher..These results show that, by combining statistical tests, target prediction and network analysis, MMRA effectively identifies microRNAs functionally associated to cancer subtypes. ..
- Zhu P, Zhang J, Zhu J, Shi J, Zhu Q, Gao Y. MiR-429 Induces Gastric Carcinoma Cell Apoptosis Through Bcl-2. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2015;37:1572-80 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that miR-429 suppression in GC promotes Bcl-2-mediated cancer cell survival against chemotherapy-induced cell death. Re-expression of miR-429 levels in GC cells may enhance cancer apoptosis during chemotherapy. ..
- Xue H, Tian G. MiR-429 regulates the metastasis and EMT of HCC cells through targeting RAB23. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2018;637:48-55 pubmed publisher..Rescue assays further verified that the function of miR-429 in HCC cells was exerted through targeting RAB23. In general, it was concluded that the signal pathway miR-429/RAB23 might be a potential target for HCC treatment. ..
- Wong C, Wei L, Au S, Fan D, Zhou Y, Tsang F, et al. MiR-200b/200c/429 subfamily negatively regulates Rho/ROCK signaling pathway to suppress hepatocellular carcinoma metastasis. Oncotarget. 2015;6:13658-70 pubmed..In conclusion, our findings identified the miR-200b/200c/429 subfamily as metastasis suppressor microRNAs in human HCC and highlighted the functional discrepancy among miR-200 family members. ..
- Sui C, Zhou Y, Shen W, Dai B, Lu J, Zhang M, et al. Long noncoding RNA GIHCG promotes hepatocellular carcinoma progression through epigenetically regulating miR-200b/a/429. J Mol Med (Berl). 2016;94:1281-1296 pubmed publisher..GIHCG physically associates with EZH2. GIHCG upregulates H3K27me3 and DNA methylation levels on the miR-200b/a/429 promoter. GIHCG epigenetically silences miR-200b/a/429 expression. ..
- Wu W, Qin Y, Li Z, Dong J, Dai J, Lu C, et al. Genome-wide microRNA expression profiling in idiopathic non-obstructive azoospermia: significant up-regulation of miR-141, miR-429 and miR-7-1-3p. Hum Reprod. 2013;28:1827-36 pubmed publisher..This work provides a foundation for interpretation of miRNA changes associated with pathogenesis of NOA and extends the current understanding of human NOA pathogenesis. ..
- Ouyang Y, Gao P, Zhu B, Chen X, Lin F, Wang X, et al. Downregulation of microRNA-429 inhibits cell proliferation by targeting p27Kip1 in human prostate cancer cells. Mol Med Rep. 2015;11:1435-41 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, to the best of our knowledge this study was the first to show that miR-429 is involved in the oncogenesis of prostate cancer and thus may be a novel prognostic biomarker in prostate cancer. ..
- Lei W, Liu Y, Zheng Y, Qu L. MiR-429 inhibits oral squamous cell carcinoma growth by targeting ZEB1. Med Sci Monit. 2015;21:383-9 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate the tumor suppressor role of miR-429 in OSCC, and may provide a potential therapeutic target that warrants further investigation. ..
- Sun Y, Shen S, Tang H, Xiang J, Peng Y, Tang A, et al. miR-429 identified by dynamic transcriptome analysis is a new candidate biomarker for colorectal cancer prognosis. OMICS. 2014;18:54-64 pubmed publisher..Additional downstream targets and attendant gene function also need to be discerned to design a sound critical path to personalized medicine for persons susceptible to, or diagnosed with CRC. ..
- Li L, Tang J, Zhang B, Yang W, LiuGao M, Wang R, et al. Epigenetic modification of MiR-429 promotes liver tumour-initiating cell properties by targeting Rb binding protein 4. Gut. 2015;64:156-67 pubmed publisher..Epigenetic modification of miR-429 can manipulate liver T-ICs by targeting the RBBP4/E2F1/OCT4 axis. This miRNA might be targeted to inactivate T-ICs, thus providing a novel strategy for HCC prevention and treatment. ..
- Wang P, Cao J, Liu S, Pan H, Liu X, Sui A, et al. Upregulated microRNA-429 inhibits the migration of HCC cells by targeting TRAF6 through the NF-?B pathway. Oncol Rep. 2017;37:2883-2890 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, by targeting TRAF6, miR-429 is downregulated in HCC and inhibits HCC cell proliferation and motility. Our data suggest that miR-429 may serve as a potential anticancer target for the treatment of HCC. ..
- Wang Y, Dong X, Hu B, Wang X, Wang Q, Wang W. The effects of Micro-429 on inhibition of cervical cancer cells through targeting ZEB1 and CRKL. Biomed Pharmacother. 2016;80:311-321 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data indicate that miR-429 plays a pivotal role in cervical cancer progression, which is a potential therapeutic target for patients. ..
- Liu C, Wang J, Li L, Xue L, Zhang Y, Wang P. MicroRNA-135a and -200b, potential Biomarkers for Alzheimer×³s disease, regulate Î² secretase and amyloid precursor protein. Brain Res. 2014;1583:55-64 pubmed publisher..05). In conclusion, these findings showed that miR-135a, -200b and -429 may take part in the progress of AD; miR-200b was of great potential as noninvasive and easily detected blood-based biomarkers of MCI and DAT patients. ..
- Li X, Jiang H, Xiao L, Wang S, Zheng J. miR-200bc/429 Inhibits Osteosarcoma Cell Proliferation and Invasion by Targeting PMP22. Med Sci Monit. 2017;23:1001-1008 pubmed..CONCLUSIONS These findings suggest that miR-200bc/429 inhibit OS cells proliferation and invasion by targeting PMP22, and function as a tumor suppressor and may be a patent molecular marker as well as a potential target for OS therapy. ..
- Machackova T, Mlcochova H, Staník M, Dolezel J, Fedorko M, Pacik D, et al. MiR-429 is linked to metastasis and poor prognosis in renal cell carcinoma by affecting epithelial-mesenchymal transition. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:14653-14658 pubmed..We further suggest that miR-429 has a capacity to inhibit loss of E-cadherin in RCC cells undergoing EMT and consequently attenuate their motility. ..
- Yoneyama K, Ishibashi O, Kawase R, Kurose K, Takeshita T. miR-200a, miR-200b and miR-429 are onco-miRs that target the PTEN gene in endometrioid endometrial carcinoma. Anticancer Res. 2015;35:1401-10 pubmed..These results suggest that the occurrence of EEC is, at least in part, mediated by miRNA-induced suppression of PTEN expression. ..
- Sun X, Li Z, Chen Y. The Potential Prognostic Value of MicroRNA-429 for Human Gliomas. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2016;46:44-8 pubmed..Taken together, miR-429, was significantly up-regulated in glioma tissues. Therefore, miR-429 could be considered as an independent prognostic factor and potential therapeutic target for glioma. ..
- Xie X, Lu J, Kulbokas E, Golub T, Mootha V, Lindblad Toh K, et al. Systematic discovery of regulatory motifs in human promoters and 3' UTRs by comparison of several mammals. Nature. 2005;434:338-45 pubmed..The overall results provide a systematic view of gene regulation in the human, which will be refined as additional mammalian genomes become available. ..
- Chen W, Zhang B, Guo W, Gao L, Shi L, Li H, et al. miR-429 inhibits glioma invasion through BMK1 suppression. J Neurooncol. 2015;125:43-54 pubmed publisher..Our results indicated that BMK1 modulation by miR-429 has an important function in glioma invasion both in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Lang Y, Xu S, Ma J, Wu J, Jin S, Cao S, et al. MicroRNA-429 induces tumorigenesis of human non-small cell lung cancer cells and targets multiple tumor suppressor genes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;450:154-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that miR-429 plays an important role in promoting the proliferation and metastasis of NSCLC cells and is a potential target for NSCLC therapy. ..
- Kong X, Ding X, Li X, Gao S, Yang Q. 53BP1 suppresses epithelial-mesenchymal transition by downregulating ZEB1 through microRNA-200b/429 in breast cancer. Cancer Sci. 2015;106:982-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that 53BP1 functioned as a tumor suppressor gene by its novel negative control of EMT through regulating the expression of miR-200b/429 and their target gene ZEB1. ..
- Wang F, Jiang C, Sun Q, Yan F, Wang L, Fu Z, et al. Downregulation of miRâ€‘429 and inhibition of cell migration and invasion in nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Mol Med Rep. 2016;13:3236-42 pubmed publisher..The results suggested miRâ€‘429 as a potential candidate for miRNAâ€‘based prognosis or therapy against NPC. ..
- Lin Z, Wang X, Fewell C, Cameron J, Yin Q, Flemington E. Differential expression of the miR-200 family microRNAs in epithelial and B cells and regulation of Epstein-Barr virus reactivation by the miR-200 family member miR-429. J Virol. 2010;84:7892-7 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the miR-200 family member miR-429 shows elevated expression in plasma cell lines and is induced by B-cell-receptor activation in Akata cells. Lastly, expression of miR-429 can break latency. ..
- Ye Z, Ma G, Zhao Y, Xiao Y, Zhan Y, Jing C, et al. miR-429 inhibits migration and invasion of breast cancer cells in vitro. Int J Oncol. 2015;46:531-8 pubmed publisher..Immunoblot assay confirmed that miR-429 reduced their expression at protein level. Taken together, our results offer an opportunity for further understanding of the recondite mechanisms underlying the bone metastasis of breast cancer. ..
- Yoshino H, Enokida H, Itesako T, Tatarano S, Kinoshita T, Fuse M, et al. Epithelial-mesenchymal transition-related microRNA-200s regulate molecular targets and pathways in renal cell carcinoma. J Hum Genet. 2013;58:508-16 pubmed publisher..The identification of novel tumor-suppressive miR-200s-regulated molecular targets and pathways has provided new insights into RCC oncogenesis and metastasis. ..
- Nguyen H, Li C, Lin Z, Zhuang Y, Flemington E, Burow M, et al. The microRNA expression associated with morphogenesis of breast cancer cells in three-dimensional organotypic culture. Oncol Rep. 2012;28:117-126 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of the differentially expressed miR-200 family member miR429 in MDA-MB231 cells attenuated their invasive stellate morphogenesis in rBM 3-D culture...
- Eisenberg I, Nahmias N, Novoselsky Persky M, Greenfield C, Goldman Wohl D, Hurwitz A, et al. Elevated circulating micro-ribonucleic acid (miRNA)-200b and miRNA-429 levels in anovulatory women. Fertil Steril. 2017;107:269-275 pubmed publisher..Although it is unclear whether this altered miRNA expression profile is a cause or a result of anovulation, the levels of these molecules in the serum of anovulatory women may serve as serum biomarkers for the ovulation process. ..
- Song B, Zheng K, Ma H, Liu A, Jing W, Shao C, et al. miR-429 determines poor outcome and inhibits pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma growth by targeting TBK1. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2015;35:1846-56 pubmed publisher..Low level of miR-429 and high level of TBK1 in PDAC promoted PDAC cells growth which might be related to the low survival rate of PDAC patients. MiR-429 play its role in PDAC by targeting TBK1. ..
- Ellis Connell A, Iempridee T, Xu I, Mertz J. Cellular microRNAs 200b and 429 regulate the Epstein-Barr virus switch between latency and lytic replication. J Virol. 2010;84:10329-43 pubmed publisher..We show that miR200b and miR429, but not miR200a, can induce EBV-positive cells into lytic replication by downregulating expression of ZEB1 and ..
- Fan J, Fan Y, Wang X, Xie H, Gao H, Zhang Y, et al. miR-429 is involved in regulation of NF-?Bactivity by targeting IKK? and suppresses oncogenic activity in cervical cancer cells. FEBS Lett. 2017;591:118-128 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that miR-429 is involved in regulation of the NF-?B pathway by targeting IKK? and functions as a tumor suppressor in cervical carcinogenesis. ..
- Wu C, Ho J, Chou S, Yu D. MiR-429 reverses epithelial-mesenchymal transition by restoring E-cadherin expression in bladder cancer. Oncotarget. 2016;7:26593-603 pubmed publisher..MiR-429 might be used as a progression marker of bladder cancer. ..
- Tang J, Li L, Huang W, Sui C, Yang Y, Lin X, et al. MiR-429 increases the metastatic capability of HCC via regulating classic Wnt pathway rather than epithelial-mesenchymal transition. Cancer Lett. 2015;364:33-43 pubmed publisher..In summary, our results here defined miR-429 as a key inducer for HCC pathogenesis and metastasis with potential utility for tumor intervention. ..
- Tamura M, Sasaki Y, Kobashi K, Takeda K, Nakagaki T, Idogawa M, et al. CRKL oncogene is downregulated by p53 through miR-200s. Cancer Sci. 2015;106:1033-40 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, CRKL is significantly overexpressed in primary breast cancer tissues harboring mutant TP53. Our results demonstrate that the p53 target miR-200b/200c/429 miRNAs are negative regulators of the CRKL oncogene. ..
- Sossey Alaoui K, Bialkowska K, Plow E. The miR200 family of microRNAs regulates WAVE3-dependent cancer cell invasion. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:33019-29 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, a novel mechanism for the regulation of WAVE3 expression in cancer cells has been identified, which controls the invasive properties and morphology of cancer cells associated with their metastatic potential. ..
- Janaszak Jasiecka A, Bartoszewska S, Kochan K, Piotrowski A, Kalinowski L, Kamysz W, et al. miR-429 regulates the transition between Hypoxia-Inducible Factor (HIF)1A and HIF3A expression in human endothelial cells. Sci Rep. 2016;6:22775 pubmed publisher..Since HIF-1 drives HIF3A and miR-429 expression, this establishes a regulatory network in which miR-429 plays a pivotal role. ..