Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR377
Description: microRNA 377
Alias: MIRN377, hsa-mir-377
- Wang P, Zhuang C, Huang D, Xu K. Downregulation of miR-377 contributes to IRX3 deregulation in hepatocellular carcinoma. Oncol Rep. 2016;36:247-52 pubmed publisher..The present study provides insights into HCC progression and a novel potential therapeutic target of HCC treatment. ..
- Tsirimonaki E, Fedonidis C, Pneumaticos S, Tragas A, Michalopoulos I, Mangoura D. PKC? signalling activates ERK1/2, and regulates aggrecan, ADAMTS5, and miR377 gene expression in human nucleus pulposus cells. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e82045 pubmed publisher..Moreover, this pathway should be considered as a target for understanding the molecular mechanism of IVD degeneration and for therapeutic restoration of degenerated disks. ..
- Wang L, Shao J, Zhang X, Xu M, Zhao J. microRNA-377 suppresses the proliferation of human osteosarcoma MG-63 cells by targeting CDK6. Tumour Biol. 2015;36:3911-7 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that miR-377 can suppress proliferation in MG-63 cells in part by targeting CDK6. ..
- Wen X, Wu J, Peng W, Feng J, Tang J. MicroRNA-377 predicts poor clinical outcome of gastric cancer and induces tumorigenesis by targeting multiple tumor-suppressor genes. Oncol Rep. 2015;34:203-10 pubmed publisher..Collectively, miR-377 potentially served as a new molecular predictive biomarker of GC tumorigenesis and prognosis, which may be useful in targeted therapy and the prognosis of GC patients. ..
- Sun C, Li S, Zhang F, Xi Y, Wang L, Bi Y, et al. Long non-coding RNA NEAT1 promotes non-small cell lung cancer progression through regulation of miR-377-3p-E2F3 pathway. Oncotarget. 2016;7:51784-51814 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these observations imply that the NEAT1 modulated the expression of E2F3 gene by acting as a ceRNA, which may build up the missing link between the regulatory miRNA network and NSCLC progression. ..
- Azizi M, Fard Esfahani P, Mahmoodzadeh H, Fazeli M, Azadmanesh K, Zeinali S, et al. MiR-377 reverses cancerous phenotypes of pancreatic cells via suppressing DNMT1 and demethylating tumor suppressor genes. Epigenomics. 2017;9:1059-1075 pubmed publisher..Our findings showed that miR-377 through targeting DNMT1 could reduce DNA methylation of some tumor suppressor genes and restore their expression in pancreatic cancer cells. ..
- Meng F, Zhang L, Shao Y, Ma Q, Lv H. MicroRNA-377 inhibits non-small-cell lung cancer through targeting AEG-1. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:13853-63 pubmed..In conclusion, our results suggested that miR-377 played an important role in the development of NSCLC by regulating AEG-1 and may be a potential therapeutic target for NSCLC. ..
- Chang W, Liu M, Xu J, Fu H, Zhou B, Yuan T, et al. MiR-377 inhibits the proliferation of pancreatic cancer by targeting Pim-3. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:14813-14824 pubmed..Hence, miR-377 may be a potential diagnostic marker and therapeutic target. ..
- Ge H, Zou D, Wang Y, Jiang H, Wang L. MicroRNA-377 Downregulates Bcl-xL and Increases Apoptosis in Hepatocellular Carcinoma Cells. Oncol Res. 2017;25:29-34 pubmed publisher..In contrast, overexpression of miR-377 suppressed cell proliferation and increased apoptosis. This study provides new insights for the use of miR-377 as a potential molecular target in HCC therapy. ..
- Farrokhnia F, Aplin J, Westwood M, Forbes K. MicroRNA regulation of mitogenic signaling networks in the human placenta. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:30404-16 pubmed publisher..These findings identify miR-377 and let-7a in regulation of endogenous cell growth and miR-145 in the placental response to maternal stimulation and will aid the development of therapeutic strategies for problem pregnancies. ..
- Wen Z, Huang W, Feng Y, Cai W, Wang Y, Wang X, et al. MicroRNA-377 regulates mesenchymal stem cell-induced angiogenesis in ischemic hearts by targeting VEGF. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e104666 pubmed publisher..Thus, microRNA-377 may serve as a novel therapeutic target for stem cell-based treatment of ischemic heart disease. ..