Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR375
Description: microRNA 375
Alias: MIRN375, hsa-mir-375, miRNA375
- Ward A, Balwierz A, Zhang J, Küblbeck M, Pawitan Y, Hielscher T, et al. Re-expression of microRNA-375 reverses both tamoxifen resistance and accompanying EMT-like properties in breast cancer. Oncogene. 2013;32:1173-82 pubmed publisher..As most cancer-related deaths occur because of resistance to standard therapies and metastasis, re-expression of miR-375 or targeting MTDH might serve as potential therapeutic approaches for the treatment of TamR breast cancer. ..
- Giricz O, Reynolds P, Ramnauth A, Liu C, Wang T, Stead L, et al. Hsa-miR-375 is differentially expressed during breast lobular neoplasia and promotes loss of mammary acinar polarity. J Pathol. 2012;226:108-19 pubmed publisher..Increased expression of hsa-miR-375 resulted in loss of cellular organization and acquisition of a hyperplastic phenotype. These data suggest that dysregulated miRNA expression contributes to lobular neoplastic progression. ..
- Nohata N, Hanazawa T, Kikkawa N, Mutallip M, Sakurai D, Fujimura L, et al. Tumor suppressive microRNA-375 regulates oncogene AEG-1/MTDH in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (HNSCC). J Hum Genet. 2011;56:595-601 pubmed publisher..Therefore, AEG-1/MTDH may function as an oncogene in HNSCC. The identification of novel tumor suppressive miRNA and its regulated cancer pathways could provide new insights into potential molecular mechanisms of HNSCC oncogenesis. ..
- Zhang X, Yan Z, Zhang J, Gong L, Li W, Cui J, et al. Combination of hsa-miR-375 and hsa-miR-142-5p as a predictor for recurrence risk in gastric cancer patients following surgical resection. Ann Oncol. 2011;22:2257-66 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the combination of hsa-miR-375 and hsa-miR-142-5p as a predictor of disease progression has the potential to predict recurrence risk for GC patients. ..
- He X, Chang Y, Meng F, Wang M, Xie Q, Tang F, et al. MicroRNA-375 targets AEG-1 in hepatocellular carcinoma and suppresses liver cancer cell growth in vitro and in vivo. Oncogene. 2012;31:3357-69 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our findings indicate that miR-375 targets AEG-1 in HCC and suppresses liver cancer cell growth in vitro and in vivo, and highlight the therapeutic potential of miR-375 in HCC treatment. ..
- Li X, Lin R, Li J. Epigenetic silencing of microRNA-375 regulates PDK1 expression in esophageal cancer. Dig Dis Sci. 2011;56:2849-56 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the miR-375 expression was found to be inversely correlated with PDK1 expression in esophageal cancer. Thus, miR-375 is frequently down-regulated in esophageal cancer and is a negative regulator of PDK1. ..
- Wang Y, Tang Q, Li M, Jiang S, Wang X. MicroRNA-375 inhibits colorectal cancer growth by targeting PIK3CA. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;444:199-204 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we propose that overexpression of miR-375 may provide a selective growth inhibition for CRC cells by targeting PI3K/Akt signaling pathway. ..
- Ding L, Xu Y, Zhang W, Deng Y, Si M, Du Y, et al. MiR-375 frequently downregulated in gastric cancer inhibits cell proliferation by targeting JAK2. Cell Res. 2010;20:784-93 pubmed publisher..Thus, these data suggest that miR-375 may function as a tumor suppressor to regulate gastric cancer cell proliferation potentially by targeting the JAK2 oncogene, implicating a role of miR-375 in the pathogenesis of gastric cancer. ..
- Hui A, Bruce J, Alajez N, Shi W, Yue S, Perez Ordonez B, et al. Significance of dysregulated metadherin and microRNA-375 in head and neck cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2011;17:7539-50 pubmed publisher..Hence, targeting this pathway could potentially be a novel therapeutic strategy by which HNC patient outcome could be improved. ..
- Faltejskova P, Svoboda M, Srutova K, Mlcochova J, Besse A, Nekvindova J, et al. Identification and functional screening of microRNAs highly deregulated in colorectal cancer. J Cell Mol Med. 2012;16:2655-66 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that miR-378, miR-375, miR-422a and miR-215 play an important role in CRC as tumour suppressors, whereas miR-135b functions as an oncogene; both groups of miRNA contribute to CRC pathogenesis. ..
- Jung H, Patel R, Phillips B, Wang H, Cohen D, Reinhold W, et al. Tumor suppressor miR-375 regulates MYC expression via repression of CIP2A coding sequence through multiple miRNA-mRNA interactions. Mol Biol Cell. 2013;24:1638-48, S1-7 pubmed publisher..Therefore this study shows that underexpression of tumor suppressor miR-375 could lead to uncontrolled CIP2A expression and extended stability of MYC, which contributes to promoting cancerous phenotypes. ..
- Sheng B, Zhao L, Zang X, Zhen J, Chen W. miR-375 ameliorates sepsis by downregulating miR-21 level via inhibiting JAK2-STAT3 signaling. Biomed Pharmacother. 2017;86:254-261 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our results demonstrate that miR-375 could block JAK2-STAT3 pathway and thus modulate miR-21 level, which is involved in regulation of late sepsis. ..
- Mao Q, Quan T, Luo B, Guo X, Liu L, Zheng Q. MiR-375 targets KLF4 and impacts the proliferation of colorectal carcinoma. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:463-71 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results illustrated that miR-375 depresses proliferation of CRC through regulating 3'UTR of KLF4 mRNA, which might be a promising therapeutic target for treating colorectal cancers. ..
- Quan Y, Zhang Y, Lin W, Shen Z, Wu S, Zhu C, et al. Knockdown of long non-coding RNA MAP3K20 antisense RNA 1 inhibits gastric cancer growth through epigenetically regulating miR-375. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2018;497:527-534 pubmed publisher..Thus, MLK7-AS1 may be a useful prognostic marker and therapeutic target for gastric cancer patients. ..
- Tatekawa S, Chinen Y, Ri M, Narita T, Shimura Y, Matsumura Kimoto Y, et al. Epigenetic repression of miR-375 is the dominant mechanism for constitutive activation of the PDPK1/RPS6KA3 signalling axis in multiple myeloma. Br J Haematol. 2017;178:534-546 pubmed publisher..In addition, miR-375 introduction also downregulated IGF1R and JAK2 in HMCLs. CpG islands in the MIR375 promoter were pathologically hypermethylated in all 8 HMCLs examined and in most of 58 patient-derived myeloma ..
- Li Y, Jiang Q, Xia N, Yang H, Hu C. Decreased expression of microRNA-375 in nonsmall cell lung cancer and its clinical significance. J Int Med Res. 2012;40:1662-9 pubmed..This study suggested that miR-375 is a novel prognostic indicator in NSCLC and might be a potential target for diagnosis and gene therapy. ..
- Isozaki Y, Hoshino I, Nohata N, Kinoshita T, Akutsu Y, Hanari N, et al. Identification of novel molecular targets regulated by tumor suppressive miR-375 induced by histone acetylation in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Int J Oncol. 2012;41:985-94 pubmed publisher..LDHB, which is regulated by the tumor suppressive miR-375, may therefore act as an oncogene in ESCC. ..
- Kachakova D, Mitkova A, Popov E, Popov I, Vlahova A, Dikov T, et al. Combinations of serum prostate-specific antigen and plasma expression levels of let-7c, miR-30c, miR-141, and miR-375 as potential better diagnostic biomarkers for prostate cancer. DNA Cell Biol. 2015;34:189-200 pubmed publisher..612, 0.576, and 0.458. In conclusion, the combination of the studied circulating plasma miRNAs and serum PSA has the potential to be used as a noninvasive diagnostic biomarker for PC screening outperforming the PSA testing alone. ..
- Shen Y, Zhou J, Li Y, Ye F, Wan X, Lu W, et al. miR-375 mediated acquired chemo-resistance in cervical cancer by facilitating EMT. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e109299 pubmed publisher..A reversion of miR-375 or Ecadherin expression may be a novel therapeutic approach for overcoming chemo-resistance in cervical cancer. ..
- Higuchi C, Nakatsuka A, Eguchi J, Teshigawara S, Kanzaki M, Katayama A, et al. Identification of circulating miR-101, miR-375 and miR-802 as biomarkers for type 2 diabetes. Metabolism. 2015;64:489-97 pubmed publisher..The present findings demonstrated that the circulating miR-101, miR-375 and miR-802 levels are significantly increased in T2D patients versus NGT subjects and they may become the new biomarkers for type 2 diabetes. ..
- Chen W, Gan T, Qin H, Huang S, Yang L, Fang Y, et al. Implication of downregulation and prospective pathway signaling of microRNA-375 in lung squamous cell carcinoma. Pathol Res Pract. 2017;213:364-372 pubmed publisher..2342, P<0.0001). miR-375 exerts a strong tumor-suppressive effect in LUSC and provided novel insight into the biological function in tumorigenesis and progression of LUSC. ..
- Cheng H, Plets M, Li H, Higano C, Tangen C, Agarwal N, et al. Circulating microRNAs and treatment response in the Phase II SWOG S0925 study for patients with new metastatic hormone-sensitive prostate cancer. Prostate. 2018;78:121-127 pubmed publisher..Our results provide evidence that circulating miRNA biomarkers may have value as prognostic biomarkers and warrant further study in larger prospective clinical trials. ..
- Alam K, Mo J, Han S, Park W, Kim H, Yun K, et al. MicroRNA 375 regulates proliferation and migration of colon cancer cells by suppressing the CTGF-EGFR signaling pathway. Int J Cancer. 2017;141:1614-1629 pubmed publisherMicroRNA 375 (MIR375) is significantly down regulated in human colorectal cancer (CRC) tissues; we have previously identified MIR375 as a colon cancer associated microRNA (miRNA)...
- Abraham K, Zhang X, Vidal R, ParÃ© G, Feilotter H, Tron V. Roles for miR-375 in Neuroendocrine Differentiation and Tumor Suppression via Notch Pathway Suppression in Merkel Cell Carcinoma. Am J Pathol. 2016;186:1025-35 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify miR-375 as a putative regulator of NE differentiation, provide insight into the cell of origin of MCC, and suggest that miR-375 silencing may promote aggressive cancer cell behavior through Notch disinhibition. ..
- Cao Z, Cheng J, Zhang Y, Bo C, Li Y. MicroRNA?375 inhibits oral squamous cell carcinoma cell migration and invasion by targeting platelet?derived growth factor?A. Mol Med Rep. 2017;15:922-928 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrated that miR?375 suppressed OSCC cell migration and invasion by targeting PDGF?A, which may be a potential therapeutic target for the treatment of OSCC. ..
- Yu X, Wu Y, Liu Y, Deng H, Shen Z, Xiao B, et al. miR-21, miR-106b and miR-375 as novel potential biomarkers for laryngeal squamous cell carcinoma. Curr Pharm Biotechnol. 2014;15:503-8 pubmed..01). However, miR-375 expression level was only found negatively associated with TNM stages. Our preliminary data suggest that three miRNAs, miR-21, miR-106b and miR- 375 might become novel tumor markers for LSCC diagnosis. ..
- Ye F, Tang C, Shi W, Qian J, Xiao S, Gu M, et al. A MDM2-dependent positive-feedback loop is involved in inhibition of miR-375 and miR-106b induced by Helicobacter pylori lipopolysaccharide. Int J Cancer. 2015;136:2120-31 pubmed publisher..pylori LPS-induced specific miRNAs, and furthermore, suggest that gastric epithelial cells treated with H. pylori LPS may be susceptible to JAK/STAT3 signal pathway activation via inhibition of miR-375 and miR-106b. ..
- Zehentmayr F, Hauser Kronberger C, Zellinger B, Hlubek F, Schuster C, Bodenhofer U, et al. Hsa-miR-375 is a predictor of local control in early stage breast cancer. Clin Epigenetics. 2016;8:28 pubmed publisher..It can therefore serve as an additional molecular marker for treatment choice independently from known predictors and prognosticators. Validation in larger prospective studies is warranted. ..
- Shaer A, Azarpira N, Vahdati A, Karimi M, Shariati M. miR-375 induces human decidua basalis-derived stromal cells to become insulin-producing cells. Cell Mol Biol Lett. 2014;19:483-99 pubmed publisher..8 mM and 16.7 mM). In conclusion, the MSCs could be programmed into functional insulin-producing cells by transfection of miR-375. ..
- Cheng L, Zhan B, Luo P, Wang B. miRNA?375 regulates the cell survival and apoptosis of human non?small cell carcinoma by targeting HER2. Mol Med Rep. 2017;15:1387-1392 pubmed publisher..These findings suggested that miR?375 may act as a potential therapeutic target for human NSCLC cancer in the future. ..
- Song L, Liu S, Zeng S, Zhang L, Li X. miR-375 Modulates Radiosensitivity of HR-HPV-Positive Cervical Cancer Cells by Targeting UBE3A through the p53 Pathway. Med Sci Monit. 2015;21:2210-7 pubmed publisher..The miR-375-UBE3A axis is important in modulating radiosensitivity of HR-HPV (+) cervical cancer. ..
- Zhao H, Guan J, Lee H, Sui Y, He L, Siu J, et al. Up-regulated pancreatic tissue microRNA-375 associates with human type 2 diabetes through beta-cell deficit and islet amyloid deposition. Pancreas. 2010;39:843-6 pubmed publisher..microRNA-375 may serve as a biomarker for known and novel pathways in the pathogenesis of type 2 diabetes related to islet amyloid deposition and beta-cell dysfunction. ..
- Hu A, Jin X. [Expression of mir-21 and mir-375 in laryngeal squamous cell carcinoma]. Lin Chung Er Bi Yan Hou Tou Jing Wai Ke Za Zhi. 2012;26:788-92 pubmed..The mutation of mir-21 may be involved in the oncogenesis and differentiation of LSCC. Our study may helpful clarify a great potential for the use of mir-21 profiling as a prognostic marker in predicting the post-surgical outcome. ..
- Zhou N, Wu J, Wang X, Sun Z, Han Q, Zhao L. Low-level expression of microRNA-375 predicts poor prognosis in hepatocellular carcinoma. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:2145-52 pubmed publisher..017, 0.009, and 0.024, respectively). Our study demonstrates that miR-375 expression is significantly correlated with DFS and may be a potential prognostic biomarker of disease progression in HCC. ..
- PATNAIK S, Mallick R, Kannisto E, Sharma R, Bshara W, Yendamuri S, et al. MiR-205 and MiR-375 microRNA assays to distinguish squamous cell carcinoma from adenocarcinoma in lung cancer biopsies. J Thorac Oncol. 2015;10:446-53 pubmed publisher..Histotypic microRNA assays can aid the subtyping of NSCLC biopsies as AC or SCC by standard histopathologic methods. ..
- Ye X, Zhu H, Bai W, Wang T, Wang L, Chen Y, et al. Epigenetic silencing of miR-375 induces trastuzumab resistance in HER2-positive breast cancer by targeting IGF1R. BMC Cancer. 2014;14:134 pubmed publisher..Our study has implications for miR-375 as a potential target in combination with trastuzumab for treating HER2-positive breast cancers. ..
- Chen L, Li X, Zhao Y, Liu W, Wu H, Liu J, et al. Down-regulated microRNA-375 expression as a predictive biomarker in non-small cell lung cancer brain metastasis and its prognostic significance. Pathol Res Pract. 2017;213:882-888 pubmed publisher..Over-expression of VEGF and MMP-9 may be the reason for poor prognosis of NSCLC patients with low miR-375 expression. ..
- Gan T, Chen W, Qin H, Huang S, Yang L, Fang Y, et al. Clinical Value and Prospective Pathway Signaling of MicroRNA-375 in Lung Adenocarcinoma: A Study Based on the Cancer Genome Atlas (TCGA), Gene Expression Omnibus (GEO) and Bioinformatics Analysis. Med Sci Monit. 2017;23:2453-2464 pubmed..Finally, FGF2 was revealed to be negatively correlated with miR-375 in LUAD (r=-0.1821, p=0.0001). CONCLUSIONS Overall, our study provides evidence that miR-375 is essential for the progression of LUAD. ..
- Piran M, Enderami S, Piran M, Sedeh H, Seyedjafari E, Ardeshirylajimi A. Insulin producing cells generation by overexpression of miR-375 in adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cells from diabetic patients. Biologicals. 2017;46:23-28 pubmed publisher..According to the results it can be concluded that islet-like clusters can be achieved from ADSCs by overexpression of miR-375. ..
- Wang Z, Hong Z, Gao F, Feng W. Upregulation of microRNA-375 is associated with poor prognosis in pediatric acute myeloid leukemia. Mol Cell Biochem. 2013;383:59-65 pubmed publisher..Since its correlation with poor relapse-free survival and overall survival, miR-375 may be a novel biomarker to improve the management of pediatric AML patients. ..
- Chu M, Chang Y, Li P, Guo Y, Zhang K, Gao W. Androgen receptor is negatively correlated with the methylation-mediated transcriptional repression of miR-375 in human prostate cancer cells. Oncol Rep. 2014;31:34-40 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings indicate that the negative correlation between AR and total DNMT activity is one of mechanisms to influence the methylation status of miR-375 promoter, which in turn regulates the expression of miR-375. ..
- Lahmy R, Soleimani M, Sanati M, Behmanesh M, Kouhkan F, Mobarra N. Pancreatic islet differentiation of human embryonic stem cells by microRNA overexpression. J Tissue Eng Regen Med. 2016;10:527-34 pubmed publisher..The data presented here demonstrate the feasibility of using microRNAs to direct differentiation into the pancreatic lineage. Copyright © 2013 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. ..
- Xu L, Wen T, Liu Z, Xu F, Yang L, Liu J, et al. MicroRNA-375 suppresses human colorectal cancer metastasis by targeting Frizzled 8. Oncotarget. 2016;7:40644-40656 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we concluded that miR-375 functions as a tumor-suppressive microRNA by directly acting upon FZD8, which may serve as a new therapeutic target to inhibit tumor metastasis in CRC. ..
- Liu L, Shen W, Zhu Z, Lin J, Fang Q, Ruan Y, et al. Combined inhibition of EGFR and c-ABL suppresses the growth of fulvestrant-resistant breast cancer cells through miR-375-autophagy axis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2018;498:559-565 pubmed publisher..Dual treatment may be useful for inhibiting fulvestrant-resistant breast cancer. ..
- Nishikawa E, Osada H, Okazaki Y, Arima C, Tomida S, Tatematsu Y, et al. miR-375 is activated by ASH1 and inhibits YAP1 in a lineage-dependent manner in lung cancer. Cancer Res. 2011;71:6165-73 pubmed publisher..Our results elucidate an ASH1 effector axis in NE-lung cancers that is functionally pivotal in controlling NE features and the alleviation from YAP1-mediated growth inhibition. ..
- Jin Y, Liu Y, Zhang J, Huang W, Jiang H, Hou Y, et al. The Expression of miR-375 Is Associated with Carcinogenesis in Three Subtypes of Lung Cancer. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0144187 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study demonstrates the differential expression profiles of miR-375 in 3 subtypes of lung carcinomas and finds thatmiR-375 directly targets ITPKB and promoted cell growth in SCLC cell line. ..
- Denk J, Boelmans K, Siegismund C, Lassner D, Arlt S, Jahn H. MicroRNA Profiling of CSF Reveals Potential Biomarkers to Detect Alzheimer`s Disease. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0126423 pubmed publisher..Highly predicted targets included genes involved in the regulation of tau and amyloid pathways in AD like MAPT, BACE1 and mTOR. ..
- Kanak M, Takita M, Shahbazov R, Lawrence M, Chung W, Dennison A, et al. Evaluation of MicroRNA375 as a Novel Biomarker for Graft Damage in Clinical Islet Transplantation. Transplantation. 2015;99:1568-73 pubmed publisher..MicroRNA 375 (miR375) has been reported as a biomarker of pancreatic Î²-cell death in small animal models...
- Yamada H, Itoh M, Hiratsuka I, Hashimoto S. Circulating microRNAs in autoimmune thyroid diseases. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2014;81:276-81 pubmed publisher..We revealed that different levels of serum miRNAs were associated with GD and HT, which may play a role in the pathogenesis of these diseases. ..
- Choi N, Park J, Lee J, Yoe J, Park G, Kim E, et al. miR-93/miR-106b/miR-375-CIC-CRABP1: a novel regulatory axis in prostate cancer progression. Oncotarget. 2015;6:23533-47 pubmed..Altogether, we suggest miR-93/miR-106b/miR-375-CIC-CRABP1 as a novel key regulatory axis in prostate cancer progression. ..
- Jimenez L, Lim J, Burd B, Harris T, Ow T, Kawachi N, et al. miR-375 Regulates Invasion-Related Proteins Vimentin and L-Plastin. Am J Pathol. 2017;187:1523-1536 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, knockdown of RUNX1, L-plastin, and vimentin resulted in significant reductions in cell invasion in vitro, indicating the functional significance of miR-375 regulation of specific proteins involved in HNSCC invasion. ..
- Shen Y, Wang P, Li Y, Ye F, Wang F, Wan X, et al. miR-375 is upregulated in acquired paclitaxel resistance in cervical cancer. Br J Cancer. 2013;109:92-9 pubmed publisher..Forced overexpression of miR-375 in cervical cancer cells decreased paclitaxel sensitivity in vitro and in vivo. Collectively, our results suggest that miR-375 might be a therapeutic target in paclitaxel-resistant cervical cancer. ..
- Chang C, Shi H, Wang C, Wang J, Geng N, Jiang X, et al. Correlation of microRNA-375 downregulation with unfavorable clinical outcome of patients with glioma. Neurosci Lett. 2012;531:204-8 pubmed publisher..This miRNA might function as a candidate unfavorable prognostic marker for human gliomas. ..
- Yin J, Hou P, Wu Z, Wang T, Nie Y. Circulating miR-375 and miR-199a-3p as potential biomarkers for the diagnosis of hepatocellular carcinoma. Tumour Biol. 2015;36:4501-7 pubmed publisher..Our data suggested that circulating miR-375 and miR-199a-3p could be a novel serum biomarker for HCC. Nevertheless, further validating and improving study with larger sample should be conducted to confirm our results. ..
- Yonemori K, Seki N, Kurahara H, Osako Y, Idichi T, Arai T, et al. ZFP36L2 promotes cancer cell aggressiveness and is regulated by antitumor microRNA-375 in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. Cancer Sci. 2017;108:124-135 pubmed publisher..Elucidation of tumor-suppressive miR-375-mediated PDAC molecular networks may provide new insights into the potential mechanisms of PDAC pathogenesis. ..
- Liu Y, Xing R, Zhang X, Dong W, Zhang J, Yan Z, et al. miR-375 targets the p53 gene to regulate cellular response to ionizing radiation and etoposide in gastric cancer cells. DNA Repair (Amst). 2013;12:741-50 pubmed publisher..Flow cytometry analyses showed that miR-375 abrogated the cell cycle arrest and apoptosis after DNA damage. These results demonstrate that miR-375 targets p53 to regulate the response to ionizing radiation and etoposide treatment. ..
- Yu X, Zhao W, Yang X, Wang Z, Hao M. miR-375 Affects the Proliferation, Invasion, and Apoptosis of HPV16-Positive Human Cervical Cancer Cells by Targeting IGF-1R. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2016;26:851-8 pubmed publisher..05). miR-375 plays an important role in the tumorigenesis and development of cervical cancer. IGF-1R might represent a target gene of miR-375 in cervical cancer. ..
- Bierkens M, Krijgsman O, Wilting S, Bosch L, Jaspers A, Meijer G, et al. Focal aberrations indicate EYA2 and hsa-miR-375 as oncogene and tumor suppressor in cervical carcinogenesis. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2013;52:56-68 pubmed publisher..Our data provide a proof of concept that chromosomal aberrations are actively contributing to HPV-induced carcinogenesis and identify EYA2 and hsa-miR-375 as oncogene and tumor suppressor gene, respectively. ..
- Wu Y, Sun X, Song B, Qiu X, Zhao J. MiR-375/SLC7A11 axis regulates oral squamous cell carcinoma proliferation and invasion. Cancer Med. 2017;6:1686-1697 pubmed publisher..Collective data suggested that miR-375 served as a tumor suppressor via regulating SLC7A11. Replenishing of miR-375 or knockout of SLC7A11 could be therapeutically exploited. ..
- Hudcova K, Raudenska M, Gumulec J, Binkova H, Horáková Z, Kostrica R, et al. Expression profiles of miR-29c, miR-200b and miR-375 in tumour and tumour-adjacent tissues of head and neck cancers. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:12627-12633 pubmed
- Zhou J, Song S, Cen J, Zhu D, Li D, Zhang Z. MicroRNA-375 is downregulated in pancreatic cancer and inhibits cell proliferation in vitro. Oncol Res. 2012;20:197-203 pubmed..Overexpression of miR-375 impacts cell proliferation, cell cycle distribution, and apoptosis of pancreatic cancer cells, miR-375 may play an important role in the novel therapeutic strategy for pancreatic cancer. ..
- Lahmy R, Soleimani M, Sanati M, Behmanesh M, Kouhkan F, Mobarra N. MiRNA-375 promotes beta pancreatic differentiation in human induced pluripotent stem (hiPS) cells. Mol Biol Rep. 2014;41:2055-66 pubmed publisher..This work provides a new approach to study the role of miRNAs in pancreatic specification and increase the feasibility of using patient-specific iPSCs for beta cell replacement therapy for type I diabetes. ..
- Jia L, Huang Y, Zheng Y, Lyu M, Zhang C, Meng Z, et al. miR-375 inhibits cell growth and correlates with clinical outcomes in tongue squamous cell carcinoma. Oncol Rep. 2015;33:2061-71 pubmed publisher..The knockdown of Sp1 expression resulted in the subsequent downregulation of cyclinÂ D1. Taken together, our study suggests that miR-375 inhibits the cell growth, and its expression is correlated with clinical outcomes in TSCC. ..
- Hudson J, Duncavage E, Tamburrino A, Salerno P, Xi L, Raffeld M, et al. Overexpression of miR-10a and miR-375 and downregulation of YAP1 in medullary thyroid carcinoma. Exp Mol Pathol. 2013;95:62-7 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the growth inhibitor YAP1 is identified as a potential important downstream target of miR-375. ..
- Latreille M, Herrmanns K, Renwick N, Tuschl T, Malecki M, McCarthy M, et al. miR-375 gene dosage in pancreatic Î²-cells: implications for regulation of Î²-cell mass and biomarker development. J Mol Med (Berl). 2015;93:1159-69 pubmed publisher..Acute Î²-cell destruction results in measurable increases of miR-375 in the blood. Circulating miR-375 levels are not a biomarker for pancreatic Î²-cell function. ..
- ..Antagonising miR-375 may enhance the effects of exendin-4 in patients, and controlling the expression of miR-375 could assist mature hESCs-derived ?-cells. ..