Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR34C
Description: microRNA 34c
Alias: MIRN34C, miRNA34C
- Hagman Z, Larne O, Edsjö A, Bjartell A, Ehrnström R, Ulmert D, et al. miR-34c is downregulated in prostate cancer and exerts tumor suppressive functions. Int J Cancer. 2010;127:2768-76 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide new insight into the role of miR-34c in the prostate, exhibiting tumor suppressing effects on proliferation, apoptosis and invasiveness. ..
- Toyota M, Suzuki H, Sasaki Y, Maruyama R, Imai K, Shinomura Y, et al. Epigenetic silencing of microRNA-34b/c and B-cell translocation gene 4 is associated with CpG island methylation in colorectal cancer. Cancer Res. 2008;68:4123-32 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that miR-34b/c and BTG4 are novel tumor suppressors in CRC and that the miR-34b/c CpG island, which bidirectionally regulates miR-34b/c and BTG4, is a frequent target of epigenetic silencing in CRC. ..
- Tanaka N, Toyooka S, Soh J, Tsukuda K, Shien K, Furukawa M, et al. Downregulation of microRNA-34 induces cell proliferation and invasion of human mesothelial cells. Oncol Rep. 2013;29:2169-74 pubmed publisher..The present study, together with the results of our previous report, strongly suggest that miR-34s play an important role in the early carcinogenic process involved in the transformation of human mesothelial cells to MM. ..
- Xu Y, Liu L, Liu J, Zhang Y, Zhu J, Chen J, et al. A potentially functional polymorphism in the promoter region of miR-34b/c is associated with an increased risk for primary hepatocellular carcinoma. Int J Cancer. 2011;128:412-7 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that the potentially functional SNP rs4938723 in the promoter region of pri-miR-34b/c may contribute to the susceptibility of HCC in this Chinese population. ..
- Cai K, Bao X, Kong X, Jinag W, Mao M, Chu J, et al. Hsa-miR-34c suppresses growth and invasion of human laryngeal carcinoma cells via targeting c-Met. Int J Mol Med. 2010;25:565-71 pubmed..These findings suggest aberrantly down-regulated hsa-miR-34c is a critical factor that contributes to malignancy in human laryngeal carcinoma by a mechanism involving targeting of c-Met. ..
- Hermeking H. The miR-34 family in cancer and apoptosis. Cell Death Differ. 2010;17:193-9 pubmed publisher..In this review, the evidence for a role of miR-34a and miR-34b/c in the apoptotic response of normal and tumor cells is surveyed. ..
- Li L, Wu J, Sima X, Bai P, Deng W, Deng X, et al. Interactions of miR-34b/c and TP-53 polymorphisms on the risk of nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Tumour Biol. 2013;34:1919-23 pubmed publisher..rs4938723 TT+TP-53 CG/CC: OR=1.58, 95 % CI 1.04-2.42, p=0.03). These findings suggest that miR-34b/c rs4938723 and TP-53 Arg72Pro polymorphisms may singly or collaboratively contribute to the risk of NPC. ..
- Li X, Wang L, Yu J, Xu J, Du J. The genetic association between pri-miR-34b/c polymorphism (rs4938723 Tâ€‰>â€‰C) and susceptibility to cancers: evidence from published studies. Tumour Biol. 2014;35:12525-34 pubmed publisher..Considering some limitation of our meta-analysis, future well-designed case-control studies with larger sample sizes are required to confirm our findings. ..
- Niu M, Gao D, Wen Q, Wei P, Pan S, Shuai C, et al. MiR-29c regulates the expression of miR-34c and miR-449a by targeting DNA methyltransferase 3a and 3b in nasopharyngeal carcinoma. BMC Cancer. 2016;16:218 pubmed publisher..The regulation of miR-29c/DNMTs/miR-34c\449a is an important molecular axis of NPC development and targeting DNMTs or restoring of miR-29c might be a promising therapy strategy for the prevention of NPC. ..
- Kalimutho M, Di Cecilia S, Del Vecchio Blanco G, Roviello F, Sileri P, Cretella M, et al. Epigenetically silenced miR-34b/c as a novel faecal-based screening marker for colorectal cancer. Br J Cancer. 2011;104:1770-8 pubmed publisher..561. These findings show that aberrant hypermethylation of miR-34b/c could be an ideal class of early screening marker, whereas miR-148a could serve as a disease progression follow-up marker. ..
- Tu C, Zhong Y, Nguyen L, Tsai A, Sridevi P, Tarn W, et al. The kinase ABL phosphorylates the microprocessor subunit DGCR8 to stimulate primary microRNA processing in response to DNA damage. Sci Signal. 2015;8:ra64 pubmed publisher..These results reveal a new pathway in the DNA damage response wherein ABL-dependent tyrosine phosphorylation of DGCR8 stimulates the processing of selective primary miRNAs. ..
- Yang D, Zhou J, Wang Y, Deng Z, Yang J, Yao D, et al. Low miR-34c expression is associated with poor outcome in de novo acute myeloid leukemia. Int J Lab Hematol. 2017;39:42-50 pubmed publisher..040) but also in non-M3 AML (P = 0.015) and CN-AML patients (P = 0.021). Our findings indicate that low miR-34c level is a novel promising biomarker in predicting prognosis in patients with de novo AML. ..
- Song J, Wang Q, Luo Y, Yuan P, Tang C, Hui Y, et al. miR-34c-3p inhibits cell proliferation, migration and invasion of hepatocellular carcinoma by targeting MARCKS. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:12728-37 pubmed..Knockdown of MARCKS in HepG2 cells reduced cell migration and invasion, but not cell proliferation. Taken together, our findings implicate the potential application of miR-34c-3p as a tumor suppressor in cancer therapy. ..
- Li W, Ma H, Sun J. MicroRNA?34a/c function as tumor suppressors in Hep?2 laryngeal carcinoma cells and may reduce GALNT7 expression. Mol Med Rep. 2014;9:1293-8 pubmed publisher..The study of miR-34a, miR-34c and its novel target, GALNT7, may serve as novel potential makers for LSCC therapy. ..
- Wang A, Huang T, Hsu K, Huang K, Fang W, Yang M, et al. Yin Yang 1 is a target of microRNA-34 family and contributes to gastric carcinogenesis. Oncotarget. 2014;5:5002-16 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that miR-34 family-YY1 axis plays an important role in the control of gastric carcinogenesis. ..
- Ji T, Zhi C, Guo X, Zhou Q, Wang G, Chen B, et al. MiR-34b/c rs4938723 Polymorphism Significantly Decreases the Risk of Digestive Tract Cancer: Meta-analysis. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2015;16:6099-104 pubmed..The Begger's funnel plot and Egger's test did not show significant publication bias. The current evidence supports the conclusion that the miR-34b/c rs4938723 polymorphism decreases an individual's susceptibility to digestive cancers. ..
- Zeng Z, Chen X, Zhu D, Luo Z, Yang M. Low Expression of Circulating MicroRNA-34c is Associated with Poor Prognosis in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer. Yonsei Med J. 2017;58:697-702 pubmed publisher..021). In conclusion, this study demonstrated reduced miR-34a/c expression is highly associated with tumor progression and indicated worse prognosis. Also, miR-34c was an independent risk factor for OS in TNBC patients. ..
- Tanaka N, Toyooka S, Soh J, Kubo T, Yamamoto H, Maki Y, et al. Frequent methylation and oncogenic role of microRNA-34b/c in small-cell lung cancer. Lung Cancer. 2012;76:32-8 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the aberrant methylation of miR-34b/c plays an important role in the pathogenesis of SCLC, implying that miR-34b/c may be a useful therapeutic target for SCLC. ..
- Chim C, Wan T, Wong K, Fung T, Drexler H, Wong K. Methylation of miR-34a, miR-34b/c, miR-124-1 and miR-203 in Ph-negative myeloproliferative neoplasms. J Transl Med. 2011;9:197 pubmed publisher..MicroRNA (miR) miR-34a, -34b/c, -124-1 and -203 are tumor suppressor miRs implicated in carcinogenesis...
- Hashemi M, Bahari G, Naderi M, Sadeghi Bojd S, Taheri M. Pri-miR-34b/c rs4938723 polymorphism is associated with the risk of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Cancer Genet. 2016;209:493-496 pubmed publisher..52, 95% CI?=?0.33-0.83, p?=?0.006). Our findings proposed an association between Pri-miR-34 b/c rs4938723 variant and risk of childhood ALL development in a sample of Iranian population. ..
- Xiao C, Wei W, Guo Z, Zhang M, Zhang Y, Wang J, et al. MicroRNA-34c-3p promotes cell proliferation and invasion in hepatocellular carcinoma by regulation of NCKAP1 expression. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2017;143:263-273 pubmed publisher..The current study demonstrates that miR-34c-3p functions as a tumor promoter by targeting NCKAP1 that is associated with prognosis in HCC. miR-34c-3p and NCKAP1 may be new potential molecular targets for HCC therapy. ..
- Bernardo B, Gao X, Winbanks C, Boey E, Tham Y, Kiriazis H, et al. Therapeutic inhibition of the miR-34 family attenuates pathological cardiac remodeling and improves heart function. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:17615-20 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, these data underscore the utility of seed-targeting 8-mer LNA-antimiRs in the development of new therapeutic approaches for pharmacologic inhibition of disease-implicated miRNA seed families. ..
- Yang S, Wu B, Sun H, Ji F, Sun T, Zhao Y, et al. Interrupted E2F1-miR-34c-SCF negative feedback loop by hyper-methylation promotes colorectal cancer cell proliferation. Biosci Rep. 2015;36:e00293 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results suggested the existence of E2F1-miR-34c-SCF negative feedback loop which was interrupted by the hyper-methylation of miR-34c promoter in CRC cells and increased cell proliferation. ..
- Zhou X, Chen H, Zhu L, Hao B, Zhang W, Hua J, et al. Helicobacter pylori infection related long noncoding RNA (lncRNA) AF147447 inhibits gastric cancer proliferation and invasion by targeting MUC2 and up-regulating miR-34c. Oncotarget. 2016;7:82770-82782 pubmed publisher..pylori infection and provides a rationale for the potential development of lncRNA-based targeted approaches for the treatment of H. pylori-related gastric cancer. ..
- Liu Q, Yang G, Song X, Wang Z, Shi G. Association between rs4938723 functional polymorphism in the promoter region of miR-34b/c gene and cancer risk. Clin Res Hepatol Gastroenterol. 2015;39:526-33 pubmed publisher..TT; P(h)=0.519, OR=0.67, 95%CI=0.49-0.93 for CC vs. CT/TT; P(h)=0.443, OR=0.71, 95%CI=0.51-0.99 for CC/TT vs. CT). These findings suggested that rs4938723 was a susceptible locus only for hepatocellular cancer and colorectal cancer. ..
- Yang S, Li W, Dong F, Sun H, Wu B, Tan J, et al. KITLG is a novel target of miR-34c that is associated with the inhibition of growth and invasion in colorectal cancer cells. J Cell Mol Med. 2014;18:2092-102 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results demonstrated that miR-34c might interfere with KITLG-related CRC and could be a novel molecular target for CRC patients. ..
- Hu S, Wang H, Chen K, Cheng P, Gao S, Liu J, et al. MicroRNA-34c Downregulation Ameliorates Amyloid-Î²-Induced Synaptic Failure and Memory Deficits by Targeting VAMP2. J Alzheimers Dis. 2015;48:673-86 pubmed publisher..The AÎ²-miR-34c-VAMP2 pathway mediates the sustained VAMP2 reduction in AD patients and provides a novel underlying epigenetic mechanism for attenuation of AÎ² toxicity in AD. ..
- Zovoilis A, Agbemenyah H, Agis Balboa R, Stilling R, Edbauer D, Rao P, et al. microRNA-34c is a novel target to treat dementias. EMBO J. 2011;30:4299-308 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that miR-34c could be a marker for the onset of cognitive disturbances linked to AD and indicate that targeting miR-34c could be a suitable therapy. ..
- Deneberg S, Kanduri M, Ali D, Bengtzen S, Karimi M, Qu Y, et al. microRNA-34b/c on chromosome 11q23 is aberrantly methylated in chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Epigenetics. 2014;9:910-7 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our novel data suggest that miR-34b/c is a candidate tumor suppressor that is epigenetically silenced in CLL. ..
- Xu C, Yang C, Zhang A, Xu Y, Li X, Liu Z, et al. The interaction of miR-34b/c polymorphisms and negative life events increases susceptibility to major depressive disorder in Han Chinese population. Neurosci Lett. 2017;651:65-71 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that miR-34b/c is a susceptibility factor for MDD stratified by negative life events and that rs4938723 is a significant association locus for gene-environment interaction in relation to MDD risk. ..
- Zhao L, Wang P, Liu Y, Ma J, Xue Y. miR-34c regulates the permeability of blood-tumor barrier via MAZ-mediated expression changes of ZO-1, occludin, and claudin-5. J Cell Physiol. 2015;230:716-31 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our present study indicated that miR-34c regulated the permeability of BTB via MAZ-mediated expression changes of ZO-1, occludin, and claudin-5. ..
- Li Y, Ren X, He Q, Xu Y, Tang X, Sun Y, et al. MiR-34c suppresses tumor growth and metastasis in nasopharyngeal carcinoma by targeting MET. Cell Death Dis. 2015;6:e1618 pubmed publisher..The newly identified miR-34c/MET pathway provides further insights into the development and progression of NPC, and may represent a novel therapeutic target for NPC treatment. ..
- Carvalho I, Reis A, Dos Santos A, Vargas F. A polymorphism in mir-34b/c as a potential biomarker for early onset of hereditary retinoblastoma. Cancer Biomark. 2017;18:313-317 pubmed publisher..44; IC: 2.50-7.90; p = 0.002). The C allele together with a germ-line RB1 gene mutation may speed retinoblastoma onset which suggests that mir-34b/c rs4938723T > C may represent a candidate biomarker for hereditary RB. ..
- Daugaard I, Knudsen A, Kjeldsen T, Hager H, Hansen L. The association between miR-34 dysregulation and distant metastases formation in lung adenocarcinoma. Exp Mol Pathol. 2017;102:484-491 pubmed publisher..7% and 35.3% of tested cases (n=51), respectively. Low miR-34b and miR-34c expression was associated with distant metastases formation in LAC. These changes can be targeted as novel biomarkers in LAC. ..
- Kabaria S, Choi D, Chaudhuri A, Mouradian M, Junn E. Inhibition of miR-34b and miR-34c enhances Î±-synuclein expression in Parkinson's disease. FEBS Lett. 2015;589:319-25 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that down-regulation of miR-34b and miR-34c in the brain, as well as an SNP in the 3'-UTR of Î±-syn can increase Î±-syn expression, possibly contributing to PD pathogenesis. ..
- Kumamoto K, Spillare E, Fujita K, Horikawa I, Yamashita T, Appella E, et al. Nutlin-3a activates p53 to both down-regulate inhibitor of growth 2 and up-regulate mir-34a, mir-34b, and mir-34c expression, and induce senescence. Cancer Res. 2008;68:3193-203 pubmed publisher..together, we conclude that nutlin-3a induces senescence through p53 activation in normal human fibroblasts, and p53-mediated mir34a, mir34b, and mir34c up-regulation and ING2 down-regulation may be involved in the senescence pathway.
- van der Deen M, Taipaleenmaki H, Zhang Y, Teplyuk N, Gupta A, Cinghu S, et al. MicroRNA-34c inversely couples the biological functions of the runt-related transcription factor RUNX2 and the tumor suppressor p53 in osteosarcoma. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:21307-19 pubmed publisher..Importantly, Nutlin-3-mediated stabilization of p53 increases expression of miR-34c and decreases RUNX2. Thus, a novel p53-miR-34c-RUNX2 network controls cell growth of osseous cells and is compromised in OS. ..
- Garofalo M, Jeon Y, Nuovo G, Middleton J, Secchiero P, Joshi P, et al. MiR-34a/c-Dependent PDGFR-?/? Downregulation Inhibits Tumorigenesis and Enhances TRAIL-Induced Apoptosis in Lung Cancer. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e67581 pubmed publisher..Finally, miR-34a/c overexpression or downregulation of PDGFR-?/? by siRNAs, strongly augmented the response to TNF-related apoptosis inducing ligand (TRAIL) while reducing migratory and invasive capacity of NSCLC cells. ..
- Wu H, Huang M, Lu M, Zhu W, Shu Y, Cao P, et al. Regulation of microtubule-associated protein tau (MAPT) by miR-34c-5p determines the chemosensitivity of gastric cancer to paclitaxel. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2013;71:1159-71 pubmed publisher..DNA methylation, dysregulation of miR-34c-5p, and MAPT expression are critical factors in the chemoresistance of gastric cancer to paclitaxel. ..
- Savarimuthu Francis S, Davidson M, Tan M, Wright C, Clarke B, Duhig E, et al. MicroRNA-34c is associated with emphysema severity and modulates SERPINE1 expression. BMC Genomics. 2014;15:88 pubmed publisher..Differences in miRNA expression are associated with emphysema severity in COPD patients. MiR-34c modulates expression of its putative target gene, SERPINE1, in vitro in respiratory cell lines and ex vivo in emphysematous lung tissue. ..
- Zhu J, Ding H, Wang X, Lu Q. PABPC1 exerts carcinogenesis in gastric carcinoma by targeting miR-34c. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:3794-802 pubmed..In addition, miR-34c is a target of PABPC1, and miR-34c is critically essential for the function of PABPC1. In summary, PABPC1 exerts carcinogenesis and promotes growth and survival of gastric cancer cells by regulating miR-34c. ..
- Wang L, Kwong Y, Wong K, Kho C, Jin D, Tse E, et al. Epigenetic inactivation of mir-34b/c in addition to mir-34a and DAPK1 in chronic lymphocytic leukemia. J Transl Med. 2014;12:52 pubmed publisher..Together with DAPK1 methylation, miR-34b/c methylation is implicated in the disruption of the TP53-centered tumor suppressor network. Moreover, the association of miRNA methylation warrants further study. ..
- Liu F, Wang X, Li J, Gu K, Lv L, Zhang S, et al. miR-34c-3p functions as a tumour suppressor by inhibiting eIF4E expression in non-small cell lung cancer. Cell Prolif. 2015;48:582-92 pubmed publisher..miR-34c-3p directly targeted eIF4E and reduced miR-34c-3p expression in NSCLC, promoting cell cycle progression, proliferation, migration and invasion. ..
- Wu X, Song Y, Cao P, Zhang H, Guo Q, Yan R, et al. Detection of miR-34a and miR-34b/c in stool sample as potential screening biomarkers for noninvasive diagnosis of colorectal cancer. Med Oncol. 2014;31:894 pubmed publisher..010). Abnormal methylation of miR-34a and miR-34b/c genes might be regarded as potential biomarkers for noninvasive screening and diagnosis of colorectal cancer. ..
- Amaral A, Andrade J, Foxall R, Matoso P, Matos A, Soares R, et al. miRNA profiling of human naive CD4 T cells links miR-34c-5p to cell activation and HIV replication. EMBO J. 2017;36:346-360 pubmed publisher..We additionally show that miR-34c-5p promotes HIV-1 replication, suggesting that its down-regulation during HIV infection may be part of an anti-viral host response. ..
- Chen L, Shen Y, Zhang J, Wang S, Jiang T, Zheng M, et al. Association between polymorphisms in the promoter region of pri-miR-34b/c and risk of hepatocellular carcinoma. Genet Mol Res. 2016;15: pubmed publisher..50, 95%CI = 1.49-4.22). Further large-scale and multi-center studies are required to confirm these results. ..
- Xu M, Jin H, Xu C, Bi W, Wang Y. MiR-34c inhibits osteosarcoma metastasis and chemoresistance. Med Oncol. 2014;31:972 pubmed publisher..Restoring miR-34c may have important implications for the development of strategies for inhibiting metastasis and overcoming OS cell resistance to chemotherapy. ..
- Liu X, Feng J, Tang L, Liao L, Xu Q, Zhu S. The regulation and function of miR-21-FOXO3a-miR-34b/c signaling in breast cancer. Int J Mol Sci. 2015;16:3148-62 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that high circulating levels of miR-21 and low levels of miR-34b/c may provide potential biomarkers for BC diagnosis, and systemic delivery of miR-34b/c has potential as a therapeutic option for BC treatment. ..
- Yang C, Ma X, Liu D, Wang Y, Tang R, Zhu Y, et al. Promoter polymorphisms of miR-34b/c are associated with risk of gastric cancer in a Chinese population. Tumour Biol. 2014;35:12545-54 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that the miR-34b/c rs4938723 CT/CC genotypes may be associated with a decreased risk of gastric cancer and the C allele may be a protective factor in gastric cancer. ..
- Li X, Chen Y, Wu S, He J, Lou L, Ye W, et al. microRNA-34a and microRNA-34c promote the activation of human hepatic stellate cells by targeting peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor Î³. Mol Med Rep. 2015;11:1017-24 pubmed publisher..These data suggested that the miRâ€‘34 family may be involved the process of liver fibrosis by targeting PPARÎ³. ..
- Lin Z, Chen L, Song M, Shi K, Tang K. Association between a polymorphism in miR-34b/c and susceptibility to cancer--a meta-analysis. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2014;15:7251-5 pubmed..The current meta-analysis indicated that the miR-34b/c rs4938723 polymorphism may decrease susceptibility to colorectal cancer. Well-designed studies with larger sample size are required to further validate the results. ..
- He C, Xiong J, Xu X, Lu W, Liu L, Xiao D, et al. Functional elucidation of MiR-34 in osteosarcoma cells and primary tumor samples. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;388:35-40 pubmed publisher..Expression of MiR-34s was decreased in tumor samples, and MiR-34 genes underwent minimal deletions and epigenetic inactivation in osteosarcomas. ..
- Zhang J, Huang X, Xiao J, Yang Y, Zhou Y, Wang X, et al. Pri-miR-124 rs531564 and pri-miR-34b/c rs4938723 polymorphisms are associated with decreased risk of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma in Chinese populations. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e100055 pubmed publisher..p = 0.007, OR = 0.82, 95% CI = 0.71-0.95) in Chinese population. The present study provides the first evidence that pri-miR-124-1 rs531564 and pri-miR-34 rs4938723 were associated with the risk of ESCC in Chinese population. ..
- Cui L, Fang L, Shi B, Qiu S, Ye Y. Spermatozoa micro ribonucleic acid-34c level is correlated with intracytoplasmic sperm injection outcomes. Fertil Steril. 2015;104:312-7.e1 pubmed publisher..Levels of MiR-34c in human spermatozoa may be used as an indicator for ICSI outcomes. ..
- Li H, Diao S, Li J, Ma B, Yuan S. An updated meta-analysis of 23 case-control studies on the association between miR-34b/c polymorphism and cancer risk. Oncotarget. 2017;8:28888-28896 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that the rs4938723 gene is a susceptible locus for cancer. ..
- Pan X, Sun R, Li Z, Guo X, Qin H, Gao L. Pri-miR-34b/c rs4938723 polymorphism is associated with a decreased risk of gastric cancer. Genet Test Mol Biomarkers. 2015;19:198-202 pubmed publisher..62; 95% CI, 0.40-0.96). These findings suggest that the miR-34b/c rs4938723 may individually and jointly have a protective effect on the risk of gastric risk. ..
- Ebner O, Selbach M. Quantitative proteomic analysis of gene regulation by miR-34a and miR-34c. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e92166 pubmed publisher..Our data provides a rich resource of miR-34 targets that might be relevant for clinical trials that want to implement the miR-34 family in cancer therapy. ..
- López J, Alvarez Salas L. Differential effects of miR-34c-3p and miR-34c-5p on SiHa cells proliferation apoptosis, migration and invasion. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;409:513-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest differential tumor suppressor roles for miR-34c-3p and miR-34c-5p and provide new insights in the understanding of miRNA biology. ..
- Zhou Y, Xu Y, Qiao C. MiR-34c-3p suppresses the proliferation and invasion of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) by inhibiting PAC1/MAPK pathway. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:6312-22 pubmed..Taken together, our study implicates important roles of miR-34c-3p in NSCLC pathogenesis and implicates its potential application in cancer therapy. ..
- Nassal D, Wan X, Liu H, Maleski D, Ramirez Navarro A, Moravec C, et al. KChIP2 is a core transcriptional regulator of cardiac excitability. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..This identifies the KChIP2/miR-34 axis as a central regulator in developing electrical dysfunction and reveals miR-34 as a therapeutic target for treating arrhythmogenesis in heart disease. ..
- Maki Y, Asano H, Toyooka S, Soh J, Kubo T, Katsui K, et al. MicroRNA miR-34b/c enhances cellular radiosensitivity of malignant pleural mesothelioma cells. Anticancer Res. 2012;32:4871-5 pubmed..Our results indicate that miR-34b/c enhances radiosensitivity by promoting radiation-induced apoptosis and suggested that miR-34b/c might be a useful therapeutic molecule to enhance radiotherapy in MPM. ..
- Mostafa T, Rashed L, Nabil N, Osman I, Mostafa R, Farag M. Seminal miRNA Relationship with Apoptotic Markers and Oxidative Stress in Infertile Men with Varicocele. Biomed Res Int. 2016;2016:4302754 pubmed publisher..In addition, they are positively correlated with sperm parameters and negatively correlated with OS, apoptotic markers. ..
- Pak M, Lee C, Lee W, Shin D, Roh M. Unique microRNAs in lung adenocarcinoma groups according to major TKI sensitive EGFR mutation status. Diagn Pathol. 2015;10:99 pubmed publisher..This study also suggests different miRNA expression between EGFR mutation group and wild type group. Consequently, further studies of the biology of miRNAs may lead to diagnostic and prognostic biomarkers in pulmonary adenocarcinoma. ..
- Garcia Martinez I, Sánchez Mora C, Pagerols M, Richarte V, Corrales M, Fadeuilhe C, et al. Preliminary evidence for association of genetic variants in pri-miR-34b/c and abnormal miR-34c expression with attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder. Transl Psychiatry. 2016;6:e879 pubmed publisher..These data highlight the importance of abnormal miRNA function as a potential epigenetic mechanism contributing to ADHD. ..
- Haramati S, Navon I, Issler O, Ezra Nevo G, Gil S, Zwang R, et al. MicroRNA as repressors of stress-induced anxiety: the case of amygdalar miR-34. J Neurosci. 2011;31:14191-203 pubmed publisher..Lentivirally mediated overexpression of miR34c specifically within the adult CeA induced anxiolytic behavior after challenge...
- Wu J, Li W, Huang M, Wei H, Wang T, Fan J, et al. Regulation of cancerous progression and epithelial-mesenchymal transition by miR-34c-3p via modulation of MAP3K2 signaling in triple-negative breast cancer cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;483:10-16 pubmed publisher..Future endeavor in this field may help to identify a novel biomarker to predict prognosis and response to therapy in TNBC. ..