Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR34B
Description: microRNA 34b
Alias: MIRN34B, miRNA34B
- Tsai K, Wu C, Hu L, Li S, Liao Y, Lai C, et al. Epigenetic regulation of miR-34b and miR-129 expression in gastric cancer. Int J Cancer. 2011;129:2600-10 pubmed publisher..In summary, our study shows that tumor-specific methylation silences miR-34b and miR-129 in gastric cancer cells...
- Gao L, Li L, Pan X, Li Z, Liang W, Bai P, et al. A genetic variant in the promoter region of miR-34b/c is associated with a reduced risk of colorectal cancer. Biol Chem. 2013;394:415-20 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that the rs4938723 in the promoter region of pri-miR-34b/c was a protective factor for the development of CRC. As the significance is marginal, further replication studies are warranted to confirm these results. ..
- Tanaka N, Toyooka S, Soh J, Kubo T, Yamamoto H, Maki Y, et al. Frequent methylation and oncogenic role of microRNA-34b/c in small-cell lung cancer. Lung Cancer. 2012;76:32-8 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the aberrant methylation of miR-34b/c plays an important role in the pathogenesis of SCLC, implying that miR-34b/c may be a useful therapeutic target for SCLC. ..
- Wong K, Yim R, So C, Jin D, Liang R, Chim C. Epigenetic inactivation of the MIR34B/C in multiple myeloma. Blood. 2011;118:5901-4 pubmed publisherWe postulated that MIR34B/C, a direct transcriptional target of TP53, might be inactivated by promoter hypermethylation in multiple myeloma (MM)...
- Zhang S, Qian J, Cao Q, Li P, Wang M, Wang J, et al. A potentially functional polymorphism in the promoter region of miR-34b/c is associated with renal cell cancer risk in a Chinese population. Mutagenesis. 2014;29:149-54 pubmed publisher..05). These results suggest that the miR-34b/c rs4938723 C allele may increase susceptibility to RCC by decreasing the activity of pri-miR-34b/c promoter. ..
- He L, He X, Lim L, de Stanchina E, Xuan Z, Liang Y, et al. A microRNA component of the p53 tumour suppressor network. Nature. 2007;447:1130-4 pubmed..The p53 network suppresses tumour formation through the coordinated activation of multiple transcriptional targets, and miR-34 may act in concert with other effectors to inhibit inappropriate cell proliferation. ..
- Han Y, Pu R, Han X, Zhao J, Zhang Y, Zhang Q, et al. Associations of pri-miR-34b/c and pre-miR-196a2 polymorphisms and their multiplicative interactions with hepatitis B virus mutations with hepatocellular carcinoma risk. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e58564 pubmed publisher..rs11614913 might not be a HCC susceptible factor but it might affect the effects of the HBV mutations or rs4938723 on HCC risk. ..
- Toyota M, Suzuki H, Sasaki Y, Maruyama R, Imai K, Shinomura Y, et al. Epigenetic silencing of microRNA-34b/c and B-cell translocation gene 4 is associated with CpG island methylation in colorectal cancer. Cancer Res. 2008;68:4123-32 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that miR-34b/c and BTG4 are novel tumor suppressors in CRC and that the miR-34b/c CpG island, which bidirectionally regulates miR-34b/c and BTG4, is a frequent target of epigenetic silencing in CRC. ..
- Kumamoto K, Spillare E, Fujita K, Horikawa I, Yamashita T, Appella E, et al. Nutlin-3a activates p53 to both down-regulate inhibitor of growth 2 and up-regulate mir-34a, mir-34b, and mir-34c expression, and induce senescence. Cancer Res. 2008;68:3193-203 pubmed publisher..together, we conclude that nutlin-3a induces senescence through p53 activation in normal human fibroblasts, and p53-mediated mir34a, mir34b, and mir34c up-regulation and ING2 down-regulation may be involved in the senescence pathway.
- Nadal E, Chen G, Gallegos M, Lin L, Ferrer Torres D, Truini A, et al. Epigenetic inactivation of microRNA-34b/c predicts poor disease-free survival in early-stage lung adenocarcinoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2013;19:6842-52 pubmed publisher..Epigenetic inactivation of miR-34b/c by DNA methylation has independent prognostic value in patients with early-stage lung adenocarcinoma. Reexpression of miR-34b/c leads to a less aggressive phenotype in lung adenocarcinoma cell lines. ..
- Wang L, Kwong Y, Wong K, Kho C, Jin D, Tse E, et al. Epigenetic inactivation of mir-34b/c in addition to mir-34a and DAPK1 in chronic lymphocytic leukemia. J Transl Med. 2014;12:52 pubmed publisher..Together with DAPK1 methylation, miR-34b/c methylation is implicated in the disruption of the TP53-centered tumor suppressor network. Moreover, the association of miRNA methylation warrants further study. ..
- Cao L, Wang N, Pan J, Hu S, Zhao W, He H, et al. Clinical significance of microRNA-34b expression in pediatric acute leukemia. Mol Med Rep. 2016;13:2777-84 pubmed publisher..It was also indicated that the expression of miRâ€‘34b in ALL patients may affect their response to early treatments. ..
- Li G, Song Y, Zhang Y, Wang H, Xie J. miR-34b Targets HSF1 to Suppress Cell Survival in Acute Myeloid Leukemia. Oncol Res. 2016;24:109-16 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, miR-34b suppressed AML cell proliferation and survival by targeting HSF1, in turn leading to the inactivation of Wnt-?-catenin pathway, which may highlight a new therapeutic approach for AML. ..
- Kabaria S, Choi D, Chaudhuri A, Mouradian M, Junn E. Inhibition of miR-34b and miR-34c enhances Î±-synuclein expression in Parkinson's disease. FEBS Lett. 2015;589:319-25 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that down-regulation of miR-34b and miR-34c in the brain, as well as an SNP in the 3'-UTR of Î±-syn can increase Î±-syn expression, possibly contributing to PD pathogenesis. ..
- Li H, Li X, Ge X, Jia L, Zhang Z, Fang R, et al. MiR-34b-3 and miR-449a inhibit malignant progression of nasopharyngeal carcinoma by targeting lactate dehydrogenase A. Oncotarget. 2016;7:54838-54851 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that miR-34b-3 and miR-449a suppress the development of NPC through regulation of glycolysis via targeting LDHA and may be potential therapeutic targets for the treatment of NPC. ..
- Lindor N, Larson M, DeRycke M, McDonnell S, Baheti S, Fogarty Z, et al. Germline miRNA DNA variants and the risk of colorectal cancer by subtype. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2017;56:177-184 pubmed publisher..2016 The Authors Genes, Chromosomes & Cancer Published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Carvalho I, Reis A, Dos Santos A, Vargas F. A polymorphism in mir-34b/c as a potential biomarker for early onset of hereditary retinoblastoma. Cancer Biomark. 2017;18:313-317 pubmed publisher..44; IC: 2.50-7.90; p = 0.002). The C allele together with a germ-line RB1 gene mutation may speed retinoblastoma onset which suggests that mir-34b/c rs4938723T > C may represent a candidate biomarker for hereditary RB. ..
- Tong N, Chu H, Wang M, Xue Y, Du M, Lu L, et al. Pri-miR-34b/c rs4938723 polymorphism contributes to acute lymphoblastic leukemia susceptibility in Chinese children. Leuk Lymphoma. 2016;57:1436-41 pubmed publisher..05). In conclusion, rs4938723 genetic variant contributed to the susceptibility to Chinese childhood ALL by influencing the transcription activity of miR-34b/c promoter. ..
- Chen L, Shen Y, Zhang J, Wang S, Jiang T, Zheng M, et al. Association between polymorphisms in the promoter region of pri-miR-34b/c and risk of hepatocellular carcinoma. Genet Mol Res. 2016;15: pubmed publisher..50, 95%CI = 1.49-4.22). Further large-scale and multi-center studies are required to confirm these results. ..
- Xie K, Liu J, Chen J, Dong J, Ma H, Liu Y, et al. Methylation-associated silencing of microRNA-34b in hepatocellular carcinoma cancer. Gene. 2014;543:101-7 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the expression of miR-34b was inversely correlated to CpG island methylation in tumor tissues, but not for miR-34a. In summary, our results suggest that DNA methylation may be involved in the inactivation of miR-34b in HCC. ..
- Svoboda M, Sana J, Redova M, Navratil J, Palacova M, Fabian P, et al. MiR-34b is associated with clinical outcome in triple-negative breast cancer patients. Diagn Pathol. 2012;7:31 pubmed publisher..MiR-34b expression negatively correlates with disease free survival and overall survival in TNBC patients. Thus, miR-34b may present a new promising prognostic biomarker in TNBC patients, but independent validations are necessary. ..
- Maki Y, Asano H, Toyooka S, Soh J, Kubo T, Katsui K, et al. MicroRNA miR-34b/c enhances cellular radiosensitivity of malignant pleural mesothelioma cells. Anticancer Res. 2012;32:4871-5 pubmed..Our results indicate that miR-34b/c enhances radiosensitivity by promoting radiation-induced apoptosis and suggested that miR-34b/c might be a useful therapeutic molecule to enhance radiotherapy in MPM. ..
- Pigazzi M, Manara E, Bresolin S, Tregnago C, Beghin A, Baron E, et al. MicroRNA-34b promoter hypermethylation induces CREB overexpression and contributes to myeloid transformation. Haematologica. 2013;98:602-10 pubmed publisher..We identified a subset of CREB target genes that represents a novel transcriptional network that may control myeloid transformation. ..
- Garcia Martinez I, Sánchez Mora C, Pagerols M, Richarte V, Corrales M, Fadeuilhe C, et al. Preliminary evidence for association of genetic variants in pri-miR-34b/c and abnormal miR-34c expression with attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder. Transl Psychiatry. 2016;6:e879 pubmed publisher..These data highlight the importance of abnormal miRNA function as a potential epigenetic mechanism contributing to ADHD. ..
- Yang C, Ma X, Liu D, Wang Y, Tang R, Zhu Y, et al. Promoter polymorphisms of miR-34b/c are associated with risk of gastric cancer in a Chinese population. Tumour Biol. 2014;35:12545-54 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that the miR-34b/c rs4938723 CT/CC genotypes may be associated with a decreased risk of gastric cancer and the C allele may be a protective factor in gastric cancer. ..
- Liu X, Feng J, Tang L, Liao L, Xu Q, Zhu S. The regulation and function of miR-21-FOXO3a-miR-34b/c signaling in breast cancer. Int J Mol Sci. 2015;16:3148-62 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that high circulating levels of miR-21 and low levels of miR-34b/c may provide potential biomarkers for BC diagnosis, and systemic delivery of miR-34b/c has potential as a therapeutic option for BC treatment. ..
- He C, Xiong J, Xu X, Lu W, Liu L, Xiao D, et al. Functional elucidation of MiR-34 in osteosarcoma cells and primary tumor samples. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;388:35-40 pubmed publisher..Expression of MiR-34s was decreased in tumor samples, and MiR-34 genes underwent minimal deletions and epigenetic inactivation in osteosarcomas. ..
- Lee H, Kim K, Cho N, Hong S, Jeong H, Kwon S, et al. MicroRNA expression profiling and Notch1 and Notch2 expression in minimal deviation adenocarcinoma of uterine cervix. World J Surg Oncol. 2014;12:334 pubmed publisher..In particular, miR-34b-5p and 194-5p might be used as diagnostic biomarkers and miR-494 as a prognostic predictor for MDA. The miR-34b-5p/Notch1 pathway as well as Notch2 might be important oncogenic contributors to MDA. ..
- Lin Z, Chen L, Song M, Shi K, Tang K. Association between a polymorphism in miR-34b/c and susceptibility to cancer--a meta-analysis. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2014;15:7251-5 pubmed..The current meta-analysis indicated that the miR-34b/c rs4938723 polymorphism may decrease susceptibility to colorectal cancer. Well-designed studies with larger sample size are required to further validate the results. ..
- Li H, Diao S, Li J, Ma B, Yuan S. An updated meta-analysis of 23 case-control studies on the association between miR-34b/c polymorphism and cancer risk. Oncotarget. 2017;8:28888-28896 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that the rs4938723 gene is a susceptible locus for cancer. ..
- Hiroki E, Suzuki F, Akahira J, Nagase S, Ito K, Sugawara J, et al. MicroRNA-34b functions as a potential tumor suppressor in endometrial serous adenocarcinoma. Int J Cancer. 2012;131:E395-404 pubmed publisher..The expression of MET was reduced following the restoration of miR-34b in cell lines. In summary, our data suggest that miR-34b plays a role in the molecular pathogenesis of endometrial cancer. ..
- Zhang J, Huang X, Xiao J, Yang Y, Zhou Y, Wang X, et al. Pri-miR-124 rs531564 and pri-miR-34b/c rs4938723 polymorphisms are associated with decreased risk of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma in Chinese populations. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e100055 pubmed publisher..p = 0.007, OR = 0.82, 95% CI = 0.71-0.95) in Chinese population. The present study provides the first evidence that pri-miR-124-1 rs531564 and pri-miR-34 rs4938723 were associated with the risk of ESCC in Chinese population. ..
- Pan X, Sun R, Li Z, Guo X, Qin H, Gao L. Pri-miR-34b/c rs4938723 polymorphism is associated with a decreased risk of gastric cancer. Genet Test Mol Biomarkers. 2015;19:198-202 pubmed publisher..62; 95% CI, 0.40-0.96). These findings suggest that the miR-34b/c rs4938723 may individually and jointly have a protective effect on the risk of gastric risk. ..
- Chim C, Wan T, Wong K, Fung T, Drexler H, Wong K. Methylation of miR-34a, miR-34b/c, miR-124-1 and miR-203 in Ph-negative myeloproliferative neoplasms. J Transl Med. 2011;9:197 pubmed publisher..MicroRNA (miR) miR-34a, -34b/c, -124-1 and -203 are tumor suppressor miRs implicated in carcinogenesis...
- Jia F, Sun R, Li J, Li Q, Chen G, Fu W. Interactions of Pri-miRNA-34b/c and TP53 Polymorphisms on the Risk of Osteoporosis. Genet Test Mol Biomarkers. 2016;20:398-401 pubmed publisher..001) and CG/CC genotypes carriers had a 1.96-fold increased OP risk (95% CI?=?1.39-2.76; p?<?0.001). The present findings indicate that pri-miR-34b/c rs4938723 and TP53 Arg72Pro polymorphisms may contribute to the risk of OP. ..
- Ng H, Wan T, So C, Chim C. Epigenetic inactivation of DAPK1, p14ARF, mir-34a and -34b/c in acute promyelocytic leukaemia. J Clin Pathol. 2014;67:626-31 pubmed publisher..Methylation of DAPK1, miR-34a and -34b/c is tumour-specific, and associated with gene/miRNAs silencing. miR-34b/c is a tumour suppressor miRNA in APL. Methylation of miR-34b/c may contribute to APL leukaemogenesis. ..
- Yip L, Kelly L, Shuai Y, Armstrong M, Nikiforov Y, Carty S, et al. MicroRNA signature distinguishes the degree of aggressiveness of papillary thyroid carcinoma. Ann Surg Oncol. 2011;18:2035-41 pubmed publisher..Among BRAF-positive tumors, overexpression of miR-146b was associated with aggressive behavior, suggesting that it may further refine the prognostic importance of BRAF. ..
- Jiang L, Hermeking H. miR-34a and miR-34b/c Suppress Intestinal Tumorigenesis. Cancer Res. 2017;77:2746-2758 pubmed publisher..i>Cancer Res; 77(10); 2746-58. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Mizuno K, Mataki H, Arai T, Okato A, Kamikawaji K, Kumamoto T, et al. The microRNA expression signature of small cell lung cancer: tumor suppressors of miR-27a-5p and miR-34b-3p and their targeted oncogenes. J Hum Genet. 2017;62:671-678 pubmed publisher..Elucidation of differentially expressed miRNA-mediated cancer pathways based on SCLC signature may provide new insights into the mechanisms of SCLC pathogenesis. ..
- Chen P, Sun R, Pu Y, Bai P, Yuan F, Liang Y, et al. Pri-Mir-34b/C and Tp-53 Polymorphisms are Associated With The Susceptibility of Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma: A Case-Control Study. Medicine (Baltimore). 2015;94:e1536 pubmed publisher..67-3.03). Additionally, level of miR-34b was significantly upregulated in PTC patients.These findings indicate that the miR-34b/c rs4938723 and TP-53 Arg72Pro polymorphisms may contribute to the susceptibility of PTC. ..
- Du Y, Liu Z, Gu L, Zhou J, Zhu B, Ji J, et al. Characterization of human gastric carcinoma-related methylation of 9 miR CpG islands and repression of their expressions in vitro and in vivo. BMC Cancer. 2012;12:249 pubmed publisher..miR-210 methylation correlated with H. pylori infection. miR-9-1 methylation may be a GC-specific event. Methylation of miR CpG islands may significantly down-regulate their transcription regularly. ..
- Huang F, Long Z, Chen Z, Li J, Hu Z, Qiu R, et al. Investigation of Gene Regulatory Networks Associated with Autism Spectrum Disorder Based on MiRNA Expression in China. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0129052 pubmed publisher..The differentially expressed miR-34b may potentially explain the higher percentage of male ASD patients, and the aberrantly expressed miR-103a-3p may contribute to the abnormal ubiquitin-mediated proteolysis observed in ASD. ..
- Ji T, Zhi C, Guo X, Zhou Q, Wang G, Chen B, et al. MiR-34b/c rs4938723 Polymorphism Significantly Decreases the Risk of Digestive Tract Cancer: Meta-analysis. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2015;16:6099-104 pubmed..The Begger's funnel plot and Egger's test did not show significant publication bias. The current evidence supports the conclusion that the miR-34b/c rs4938723 polymorphism decreases an individual's susceptibility to digestive cancers. ..
- Roy R, De Sarkar N, Ghose S, Paul R, Ray A, Mukhopadhyay I, et al. Association between risk of oral precancer and genetic variations in microRNA and related processing genes. J Biomed Sci. 2014;21:48 pubmed publisher..8(1-3)]. Gene-environment interactions using MDR-pt program revealed that mir29a, mir34b, mir423 and Xpo5 modulated risk of disease (p?<?0...
- Hashemi M, Bahari G, Naderi M, Sadeghi Bojd S, Taheri M. Pri-miR-34b/c rs4938723 polymorphism is associated with the risk of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Cancer Genet. 2016;209:493-496 pubmed publisher..52, 95% CI?=?0.33-0.83, p?=?0.006). Our findings proposed an association between Pri-miR-34 b/c rs4938723 variant and risk of childhood ALL development in a sample of Iranian population. ..
- Liu Y, Wang Y, Peng W, Wu Z, Wang X, Wang M, et al. Single-nucleotide polymorphism of the pri-miR-34b/c gene is not associated with susceptibility to congenital heart disease in the Han Chinese population. Genet Mol Res. 2013;12:2937-44 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the pri-miR-34b/c polymorphism rs4938723 is not associated with susceptibility to sporadic CHD in the Han Chinese population. ..
- Liu Q, Yang G, Song X, Wang Z, Shi G. Association between rs4938723 functional polymorphism in the promoter region of miR-34b/c gene and cancer risk. Clin Res Hepatol Gastroenterol. 2015;39:526-33 pubmed publisher..TT; P(h)=0.519, OR=0.67, 95%CI=0.49-0.93 for CC vs. CT/TT; P(h)=0.443, OR=0.71, 95%CI=0.51-0.99 for CC/TT vs. CT). These findings suggested that rs4938723 was a susceptible locus only for hepatocellular cancer and colorectal cancer. ..
- Xu C, Yang C, Zhang A, Xu Y, Li X, Liu Z, et al. The interaction of miR-34b/c polymorphisms and negative life events increases susceptibility to major depressive disorder in Han Chinese population. Neurosci Lett. 2017;651:65-71 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that miR-34b/c is a susceptibility factor for MDD stratified by negative life events and that rs4938723 is a significant association locus for gene-environment interaction in relation to MDD risk. ..
- Liu C, Cheng H, Shi S, Cui X, Yang J, Chen L, et al. MicroRNA-34b inhibits pancreatic cancer metastasis through repressing Smad3. Curr Mol Med. 2013;13:467-78 pubmed..Our findings indicate that miR-34b acts as a tumor metastasis suppressor through negatively modulating Smad3, which may provide a potential therapeutic strategy for pancreatic cancer. ..
- Hiyoshi Y, Schetter A, Okayama H, Inamura K, Anami K, Nguyen G, et al. Increased microRNA-34b and -34c predominantly expressed in stromal tissues is associated with poor prognosis in human colon cancer. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0124899 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, increased miR-34b/c predominantly expressed in stromal tissues is associated with poor prognosis in colon cancer. MiR-34 may contribute to cancer-stromal interaction associated with colon cancer progression. ..
- Li X, Wang L, Yu J, Xu J, Du J. The genetic association between pri-miR-34b/c polymorphism (rs4938723 Tâ€‰>â€‰C) and susceptibility to cancers: evidence from published studies. Tumour Biol. 2014;35:12525-34 pubmed publisher..Considering some limitation of our meta-analysis, future well-designed case-control studies with larger sample sizes are required to confirm our findings. ..
- Li L, Sima X, Bai P, Zhang L, Sun H, Liang W, et al. Interactions of miR-34b/c and TP53 polymorphisms on the risk of intracranial aneurysm. Clin Dev Immunol. 2012;2012:567586 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the miR-34b/c rs4938723CC and TP53 Arg72-Pro polymorphisms may be involved in the susceptibility to IA. ..
- Deneberg S, Kanduri M, Ali D, Bengtzen S, Karimi M, Qu Y, et al. microRNA-34b/c on chromosome 11q23 is aberrantly methylated in chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Epigenetics. 2014;9:910-7 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our novel data suggest that miR-34b/c is a candidate tumor suppressor that is epigenetically silenced in CLL. ..
- Kalimutho M, Di Cecilia S, Del Vecchio Blanco G, Roviello F, Sileri P, Cretella M, et al. Epigenetically silenced miR-34b/c as a novel faecal-based screening marker for colorectal cancer. Br J Cancer. 2011;104:1770-8 pubmed publisher..561. These findings show that aberrant hypermethylation of miR-34b/c could be an ideal class of early screening marker, whereas miR-148a could serve as a disease progression follow-up marker. ..
- Yuan F, Sun R, Chen P, Liang Y, Ni S, Quan Y, et al. Combined analysis of pri-miR-34b/c rs4938723 and TP53 Arg72Pro with cervical cancer risk. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:6267-73 pubmed publisher..21, 95Â % CIâ€‰=â€‰1.38-3.53). These findings suggest that the pri-miR-34b/c rs4938723 and TP53 Arg72Pro polymorphisms may contribute to the genesis of cervical cancer. ..
- Yu K. The Rs4938723 Polymorphism Reduces Expression of MicroRNA-34b and Increases the Risk of Recurrence after Endoscopic Dissection in Early Gastric Cancer. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;43:1235-1246 pubmed publisher..These data confirmed miR-34b rs4938723 polymorphism was also recognized as a biomarker to predict recurrence after ESD in EGC patients via analysis upon the recurrence-free rate among different genotypes of EGC patients. ..
- Hashemi M, Danesh H, Bizhani F, Narouie B, Sotoudeh M, Nouralizadeh A, et al. Pri-miR-34b/c rs4938723 polymorphism increased the risk of prostate cancer. Cancer Biomark. 2017;18:155-159 pubmed publisher..Our findings propose that Pri-miR-34 b/c rs4938723 variant may be a risk factor for the development of PCa in a sample of Iranian population. Larger sample sizes with different ethnicities are required to validate our findings. ..
- Shiina M, Hashimoto Y, Kato T, Yamamura S, Tanaka Y, Majid S, et al. Differential expression of miR-34b and androgen receptor pathway regulate prostate cancer aggressiveness between African-Americans and Caucasians. Oncotarget. 2017;8:8356-8368 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results show that differential expression of miR-34b and AR are associated with prostate cancer aggressiveness in African-Americans. ..
- Jiao C, Jiao X, Zhu A, Ge J, Xu X. Exosomal miR-34s panel as potential novel diagnostic and prognostic biomarker in patients with hepatoblastoma. J Pediatr Surg. 2017;52:618-624 pubmed publisher..Level II. Retrospective Study. ..
- Wang A, Huang T, Hsu K, Huang K, Fang W, Yang M, et al. Yin Yang 1 is a target of microRNA-34 family and contributes to gastric carcinogenesis. Oncotarget. 2014;5:5002-16 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that miR-34 family-YY1 axis plays an important role in the control of gastric carcinogenesis. ..