Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR342
Description: microRNA 342
Alias: MIRN342, hsa-mir-342
- Xue X, Fei X, Hou W, Zhang Y, Liu L, Hu R. miR-342-3p suppresses cell proliferation and migration by targeting AGR2 in non-small cell lung cancer. Cancer Lett. 2018;412:170-178 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the identification of miR-342-3p and AGR2 might facilitate the development of biomarkers and therapeutic targets for this devastating disease. ..
- Huang M, Qing Y, Shi Q, Cao Y, Song K. miR-342-3p elevates osteogenic differentiation of umbilical cord mesenchymal stem cells via inhibiting Sufu in vitro. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;491:571-577 pubmed publisher..Consistently, transient overexpressing miR342-3p in UCMSCs via miR-342-3p mimics dramatically decreased Sufu, a suppressor of Gli, while osteogenic markers, ..
- Zhang W, Bi Y, Li J, Peng F, Li H, Li C, et al. Long noncoding RNA FTX is upregulated in gliomas and promotes proliferation and invasion of glioma cells by negatively regulating miR-342-3p. Lab Invest. 2017;97:447-457 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that FTX and miR-342-3p may serve as a biomarker of glioma diagnosis, and offer potential novel therapeutic targets of treatment of gliomas. ..
- Weng W, Okugawa Y, Toden S, Toiyama Y, Kusunoki M, Goel A. FOXM1 and FOXQ1 Are Promising Prognostic Biomarkers and Novel Targets of Tumor-Suppressive miR-342 in Human Colorectal Cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2016;22:4947-4957 pubmed..Clin Cancer Res; 22(19); 4947-57. ©2016 AACR. ..
- Crippa E, Folini M, Pennati M, Zaffaroni N, Pierotti M, Gariboldi M. miR-342 overexpression results in a synthetic lethal phenotype in BRCA1-mutant HCC1937 breast cancer cells. Oncotarget. 2016;7:18594-604 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings suggest a tumor-suppressive function of miR-342 that could be exploited in the treatment of a subset of BRCA1-mutant hereditary breast cancers. ..
- Yang H, Li Q, Niu J, Li B, Jiang D, Wan Z, et al. microRNA-342-5p and miR-608 inhibit colon cancer tumorigenesis by targeting NAA10. Oncotarget. 2016;7:2709-20 pubmed publisher..Our results implicate miR-342-5p and miR-608 in colon cancer development and unveil the underlying mechanism of this phenomenon, which involves NAA10. ..
- Fourie N, Peace R, Abey S, Sherwin L, Rahim Williams B, Smyser P, et al. Elevated circulating miR-150 and miR-342-3p in patients with irritable bowel syndrome. Exp Mol Pathol. 2014;96:422-5 pubmed publisher..These miRNAs link to pain and inflammatory pathways both of which are thought to be dysregulated in IBS. Larger sample sizes are needed to confirm their importance and potential as biomarkers. ..
- Crippa E, Lusa L, De Cecco L, Marchesi E, Calin G, Radice P, et al. miR-342 regulates BRCA1 expression through modulation of ID4 in breast cancer. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e87039 pubmed publisher..To validate this hypothesis, the study should be extended to a larger cohort of ER-negative cases, including those belonging to the BRCAx class. ..
- Li X, Chen Y, Josson S, Mukhopadhyay N, Kim J, Freeman M, et al. MicroRNA-185 and 342 inhibit tumorigenicity and induce apoptosis through blockade of the SREBP metabolic pathway in prostate cancer cells. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e70987 pubmed publisher..Restoration of miR-185 and 342 led to caspase-dependent apoptotic death in prostate cancer cells. The newly identified miRNAs, miR-185 and 342, represent a novel targeting mechanism for prostate cancer therapy. ..
- Min X, Huang P, Liu X, Dong C, Jiang X, Yuan Z, et al. Bioinformatics analyses of significant prognostic risk markers for thyroid papillary carcinoma. Tumour Biol. 2015;36:7457-63 pubmed publisher..Besides, RARA was enriched in four pathways. These prognostic markers such as miRNA-93, miRNA-342, RARA, MAFF, SOX4, and BCL2 may be used as targets for TPC chemoprevention. ..
- Xie X, Liu H, Wang M, Ding F, Xiao H, Hu F, et al. miR-342-3p targets RAP2B to suppress proliferation and invasion of non-small cell lung cancer cells. Tumour Biol. 2015;36:5031-8 pubmed publisher..Our collective findings provide preliminary evidence that miR-342-3p acts as a tumor suppressor in NSCLC through repression of RAP2B. ..
- Yan X, Cao J, Liang L, Wang L, Gao F, Yang Z, et al. miR-342-5p Is a Notch Downstream Molecule and Regulates Multiple Angiogenic Pathways Including Notch, Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor and Transforming Growth Factor Î² Signaling. J Am Heart Assoc. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..miR-342-5p acts as a multifunctional angiogenic repressor mediating the effects and interaction among angiogenic pathways. ..
- Zhao L, Zhang Y. miR-342-3p affects hepatocellular carcinoma cell proliferation via regulating NF-ÎºB pathway. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;457:370-7 pubmed publisher..Our results show that miR-342-3p has a significant role in HCC cell proliferation and is suitable for investigation of therapeutic targets. ..
- Li X, Chu H, Lv T, Wang L, Kong S, Dai S. miR-342-3p suppresses proliferation, migration and invasion by targeting FOXM1 in human cervical cancer. FEBS Lett. 2014;588:3298-307 pubmed publisher..FOXM1 is upregulated and negatively correlates with miR-342-3p in cervical cancer tissues, and the overexpression of FOXM1 rescues the phenotype changes induced by the overexpression of miR-342-3p. ..
- Weng C, Nguyen T, Shively J. miRNA-342 Regulates CEACAM1-induced Lumen Formation in a Three-dimensional Model of Mammary Gland Morphogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:16777-86 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the regulation of lumen formation by miR-342 involves at least two of its known targets, namely ID4 and DNMT1. ..
- Eissa S, Matboli M, Bekhet M. Clinical verification of a novel urinary microRNA panal: 133b, -342 and -30 as biomarkers for diabetic nephropathy identified by bioinformatics analysis. Biomed Pharmacother. 2016;83:92-99 pubmed publisher..We have identified novel urinary exosomal miRNA biomarkers of DN which were altered not only in micro and macroalbuminuric groups but also in some normoalbuminuria cases prior to albuminuria. ..
- Wang L, Qin Y, Tong L, Wu S, Wang Q, Jiao Q, et al. MiR-342-5p suppresses coxsackievirus B3 biosynthesis by targeting the 2C-coding region. Antiviral Res. 2012;93:270-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results indicate that miR-342-5p can inhibit CVB3 biosynthesis by targeting its 2C-coding region and therefore may be a potential therapeutic agent in the treatment of CVB3 infection. ..
- Ballabio E, Mitchell T, van Kester M, Taylor S, Dunlop H, Chi J, et al. MicroRNA expression in Sezary syndrome: identification, function, and diagnostic potential. Blood. 2010;116:1105-13 pubmed publisher..We also provide the first in vivo evidence for down-regulation of the miR-17-92 cluster in malignancy and demonstrate that ectopic miR-17-5p expression increases apoptosis and decreases cell proliferation in SzS cells...
- Hezova R, Slaby O, Faltejskova P, Mikulkova Z, Buresova I, Raja K, et al. microRNA-342, microRNA-191 and microRNA-510 are differentially expressed in T regulatory cells of type 1 diabetic patients. Cell Immunol. 2010;260:70-4 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first study demonstrating changes in miRNA expression profiles occurring in Tregs of T1D patients and a miRNAs signature of adult Tregs. ..