Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR340
Description: microRNA 340
Alias: MIRN340, hsa-mir-340
- Huang D, Qiu S, Ge R, He L, Li M, Li Y, et al. miR-340 suppresses glioblastoma multiforme. Oncotarget. 2015;6:9257-70 pubmed..Our findings indicate an important role of miR-340 as a glioma killer, and suggest a potential prognosis biomarker and therapeutic target for GBM. ..
- Xu P, Li Y, Zhang H, Li M, Zhu H. MicroRNA-340 Mediates Metabolic Shift in Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma by Targeting Glucose Transporter-1. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2016;74:844-50 pubmed publisher..The findings suggest that miR-340 might act as a molecular switch that contributes to the regulation of glycolysis in OSCC by regulating Glut1 expression. ..
- Hou X, Qiao H. Effect of miR-340 on gastric cancer cell proliferation and apoptosis. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:13108-13 pubmed..Annexin V/PI staining demonstrated that miR-340 transfection can decrease cell apoptotic rate (4.58%, 1.98%, 2.11%). MiR-340 can promote tumor cell growth and reduce cell apoptosis effectively. ..
- Yan S, Jiang H, Fang S, Yin F, Wang Z, Jia Y, et al. MicroRNA-340 Inhibits Esophageal Cancer Cell Growth and Invasion by Targeting Phosphoserine Aminotransferase 1. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2015;37:375-86 pubmed publisher..The expression of miR-340 was negatively correlated with that of PSAT1 in human ESCC samples. MiR-340 functions as a tumor suppressor by modulating the expression of PSAT1 and may contribute to the progression and invasiveness of ESCC. ..
- Li X, Gong X, Chen J, Zhang J, Sun J, Guo M. miR-340 inhibits glioblastoma cell proliferation by suppressing CDK6, cyclin-D1 and cyclin-D2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;460:670-7 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results demonstrate that miR-340 plays a tumor-suppressive role in glioblastoma and may be useful as a diagnostic biomarker and/or a therapeutic avenue for glioblastoma. ..
- Wei P, Qiao B, Li Q, Han X, Zhang H, Huo Q, et al. microRNA-340 Suppresses Tumorigenic Potential of Prostate Cancer Cells by Targeting High-Mobility Group Nucleosome-Binding Domain 5. DNA Cell Biol. 2016;35:33-43 pubmed publisher..Thus, miR340 and its target gene HMGN5 can serve as potentially useful therapeutic candidates for prostate cancer treatment.
- Sondermeijer B, Bakker A, Halliani A, de Ronde M, Marquart A, Tijsen A, et al. Platelets in patients with premature coronary artery disease exhibit upregulation of miRNA340* and miRNA624*. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e25946 pubmed publisher..Six platelet microRNAs were significantly upregulated (miR340*, miR451, miR454*, miR545:9.1...
- Yuan J, Ji H, Xiao F, Lin Z, Zhao X, Wang Z, et al. MicroRNA-340 inhibits the proliferation and invasion of hepatocellular carcinoma cells by targeting JAK1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;483:578-584 pubmed publisher..The present findings indicated that miR-340 suppressed HCC cell proliferation and invasion by regulating the JAK1/STAT3 pathway, suggesting its potential as a novel therapeutic target for HCC. ..
- Yin G, Zhou H, Xue Y, Yao B, Zhao W. MicroRNA-340 promotes the tumor growth of human gastric cancer by inhibiting cyclin G2. Oncol Rep. 2016;36:1111-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data suggest that miR-340 may potentially serve as a novel prognostic biomarker and therapeutic target for gastric cancer. ..
- Mohammadi Yeganeh S, Paryan M, Arefian E, Vasei M, Ghanbarian H, Mahdian R, et al. MicroRNA-340 inhibits the migration, invasion, and metastasis of breast cancer cells by targeting Wnt pathway. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:8993-9000 pubmed publisher..By bioinformatic analysis, we confirmed the important role of miR-340 as a pivotal regulator of breast cancer metastasis in targeting previously validated (ROCK1) and potentially novel genes, i.e., (CTNNB1 and c-MYC). ..
- Goswami S, Tarapore R, Poenitzsch Strong A, Teslaa J, Grinblat Y, Setaluri V, et al. MicroRNA-340-mediated degradation of microphthalmia-associated transcription factor (MITF) mRNA is inhibited by coding region determinant-binding protein (CRD-BP). J Biol Chem. 2015;290:384-95 pubmed publisher..This regulatory interplay between RNA-binding protein and miRNA highlights an important mechanism for the regulation of MITF in melanocytes and malignant melanomas. ..
- Huang K, Tang Y, He L, Dai Y. MicroRNA-340 inhibits prostate cancer cell proliferation and metastasis by targeting the MDM2-p53 pathway. Oncol Rep. 2016;35:887-95 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that miR-340 may function as a novel tumor suppressor in PCa through the MDM2-p53 pathway by directly targeting MDM2, which may be a promising miRNA-targeted therapy for PCa. ..
- Yamashita D, Kondo T, Ohue S, Takahashi H, Ishikawa M, Matoba R, et al. miR340 suppresses the stem-like cell function of glioma-initiating cells by targeting tissue plasminogen activator. Cancer Res. 2015;75:1123-33 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we defined tissue plasminogen activator (PLAT) as a critical direct target of miR340 for inhibition...
- Wozniak M, Sztiller Sikorska M, Czyz M. Diminution of miR-340-5p levels is responsible for increased expression of ABCB5 in melanoma cells under oxygen-deprived conditions. Exp Mol Pathol. 2015;99:707-16 pubmed publisher..This is the first study showing the relationship between miR-340-5p and expression of ABCB5, a transmembrane transporter involved in drug resistance considered as a marker of melanoma stem-like cells. ..
- Jian Q, An Q, Zhu D, Hui K, Liu Y, Chi S, et al. MicroRNA 340 is involved in UVB-induced dendrite formation through the regulation of RhoA expression in melanocytes. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:3407-20 pubmed publisher..The significant downregulation of RhoA protein and mRNA expression after UVB irradiation and the modulation of miR-340 expression suggest a key role for miR-340 in regulating UVB-induced dendrite formation and melanosome transport. ..
- Hou L, Yu Y, Xie Y, Wang J, Mao J, Zhang B, et al. miR-340 and ZEB1 negative feedback loop regulates TGF-Î²- mediated breast cancer progression. Oncotarget. 2016;7:26016-26 pubmed publisher..The negative feedback loop regulated TGF-Î²-mediated breast cancer progression. In conclusion, our data suggested that miR-340 acted as a tumor suppressor in breast cancer progression. ..
- Xie W, Qin W, Kang Y, Zhou Z, Qin A. MicroRNA-340 Inhibits Tumor Cell Proliferation and Induces Apoptosis in Endometrial Carcinoma Cell Line RL 95-2. Med Sci Monit. 2016;22:1540-6 pubmed..However, no significant differences were found in p21 expression. CONCLUSIONS MiRNA-340 acts as an anti-oncogene in EC cell line RL 95-2 by inhibition of tumor cell proliferation and induction of apoptosis. ..
- Takeyama H, Yamamoto H, Yamashita S, Wu X, Takahashi H, Nishimura J, et al. Decreased miR-340 expression in bone marrow is associated with liver metastasis of colorectal cancer. Mol Cancer Ther. 2014;13:976-85 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that miR-340 in bone marrow may play an important role in regulating the metastasis cascade of colorectal cancer. ..
- Yu J, Wang R, Chen J, Wu J, Dang Z, Zhang Q, et al. miR-340 Inhibits Proliferation and Induces Apoptosis in Gastric Cancer Cell Line SGC-7901, Possibly via the AKT Pathway. Med Sci Monit. 2017;23:71-77 pubmed..The roles of miR-340 in gastric cancer cells may be associated with its regulation of the AKT pathway. Thus, miR-340 may be a potential therapeutic strategy for gastric cancer treatment. ..
- Cai H, Lin L, Cai H, Tang M, Wang Z. Combined microRNA-340 and ROCK1 mRNA profiling predicts tumor progression and prognosis in pediatric osteosarcoma. Int J Mol Sci. 2014;15:560-73 pubmed publisher..008). Our data offer convincing evidence, for the first time, that the combined miR-340 downregulation and ROCK1 upregulation may be linked to tumor progression and adverse prognosis in pediatric osteosarcoma. ..
- Li P, Sun Y, Liu Q. MicroRNA-340 Induces Apoptosis and Inhibits Metastasis of Ovarian Cancer Cells by Inactivation of NF-x03BA;B1. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2016;38:1915-27 pubmed publisher..miR-340 induced cell apoptosis and inhibited metastasis in OC cells by down-regulation of NF-x03BA;B1. ..
- Chen C, Sun Z, Lu X, Wu W, Guo W, Lu J, et al. MiR-340 suppresses cell migration and invasion by targeting MYO10 in breast cancer. Oncol Rep. 2016;35:709-16 pubmed publisher..In brief, miRâ€‘340 plays an important role in breast cancer progression. Thus, miRâ€‘340 may be further explored as a novel biomarker for breast cancer metastasis and prognosis, and potentially a therapeutic target. ..