Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR31
Description: microRNA 31
Alias: MIRN31, hsa-mir-31, miR-31
- Hung P, Tu H, Kao S, Yang C, Liu C, Huang T, et al. miR-31 is upregulated in oral premalignant epithelium and contributes to the immortalization of normal oral keratinocytes. Carcinogenesis. 2014;35:1162-71 pubmed publisher..The targeting of downstream factors by miR-31 may further advance the neoplastic progression of immortalized NOKs, allowing them to become malignant. ..
- Liu C, Kao S, Tu H, Tsai M, Chang K, Lin S. Increase of microRNA miR-31 level in plasma could be a potential marker of oral cancer. Oral Dis. 2010;16:360-4 pubmed publisher..Our preliminary analysis also demonstrated the feasibility of detecting the increase of miR-31 in patient's saliva. This study concluded that plasma miR-31 could be validated a marker of OSCC for diagnostic uses. ..
- Ferraz C, Lorenz S, Wojtas B, Bornstein S, Paschke R, Eszlinger M. Inverse correlation of miRNA and cell cycle-associated genes suggests influence of miRNA on benign thyroid nodule tumorigenesis. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2013;98:E8-16 pubmed publisher..The molecular etiology of cold and benign thyroid nodules (CBTNs) is largely unknown. Increased thyroid epithelial cell proliferation is a hallmark of CBTNs. MicroRNAs (miRNAs) are prominent regulators of cell proliferation...
- Pedrioli D, Karpanen T, Dabouras V, Jurisic G, van de Hoek G, Shin J, et al. miR-31 functions as a negative regulator of lymphatic vascular lineage-specific differentiation in vitro and vascular development in vivo. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:3620-34 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings identify miR-31 is a potent regulator of vascular lineage-specific differentiation and development in vertebrates. ..
- Aprelikova O, Yu X, Palla J, Wei B, John S, Yi M, et al. The role of miR-31 and its target gene SATB2 in cancer-associated fibroblasts. Cell Cycle. 2010;9:4387-98 pubmed..These findings provide new insights into tumor-stroma interaction and document that miR-31 and its target gene SATB2, are involved in regulation of tumor cell motility. ..
- Zhang Y, Guo J, Li D, Xiao B, Miao Y, Jiang Z, et al. Down-regulation of miR-31 expression in gastric cancer tissues and its clinical significance. Med Oncol. 2010;27:685-9 pubmed publisher..This new information may help to clarify the molecular mechanisms involved in gastric carcinogenesis and to indicate that miR-31 may be a novel diagnostic biomarker of gastric cancer. ..
- Liu C, Tsai M, Hung P, Kao S, Liu T, Wu K, et al. miR-31 ablates expression of the HIF regulatory factor FIH to activate the HIF pathway in head and neck carcinoma. Cancer Res. 2010;70:1635-44 pubmed publisher..Lastly, increased miR-31 expression was correlated with decreased levels of FIH in tumor tissues. Our findings suggest that miR-31 contributes to the development of HNSCC by impeding FIH to activate HIF under normoxic conditions. ..
- Augoff K, McCue B, Plow E, Sossey Alaoui K. miR-31 and its host gene lncRNA LOC554202 are regulated by promoter hypermethylation in triple-negative breast cancer. Mol Cancer. 2012;11:5 pubmed publisher..Together, our results provide the initial evidence for a mechanism by which miR-31, an important determinant of the invasion metastasis cascade, is regulated in breast cancer. ..
- Cottonham C, Kaneko S, Xu L. miR-21 and miR-31 converge on TIAM1 to regulate migration and invasion of colon carcinoma cells. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:35293-302 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we have uncovered miR-21 and miR-31 as downstream effectors of TGF-? in facilitating invasion and metastasis of colon carcinoma cells. ..
- Körner C, Keklikoglou I, Bender C, Wörner A, Münstermann E, Wiemann S. MicroRNA-31 sensitizes human breast cells to apoptosis by direct targeting of protein kinase C epsilon (PKCepsilon). J Biol Chem. 2013;288:8750-61 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we found an inverse correlation between miR-31 and BCL2 expression, highlighting the functional relevance of the indirect down-regulation of BCL2 via direct targeting of PRKCE by miR-31. ..
- Chan Y, Lin Y, Lin R, Kuo H, Thang W, Chiu K, et al. Concordant and discordant regulation of target genes by miR-31 and its isoforms. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e58169 pubmed publisher..Coupled with the variations in the distribution of isomiRs among different cells or conditions, our findings support the possibility of fine-tuning gene expression by miRNAs. ..
- Wang N, Zhou Y, Zheng L, Li H. MiR-31 is an independent prognostic factor and functions as an oncomir in cervical cancer via targeting ARID1A. Gynecol Oncol. 2014;134:129-37 pubmed publisher..The newly identified miR-31/ARID1A pathway provides insight into cervical cancer progression, and may represent a novel therapeutic target. ..
- Asangani I, Harms P, Dodson L, Pandhi M, Kunju L, Maher C, et al. Genetic and epigenetic loss of microRNA-31 leads to feed-forward expression of EZH2 in melanoma. Oncotarget. 2012;3:1011-25 pubmed..Taken together, our study supports a tumor suppressor role for miR-31 in melanoma and identifies novel therapeutic targets. ..
- Fuse M, Kojima S, Enokida H, Chiyomaru T, Yoshino H, Nohata N, et al. Tumor suppressive microRNAs (miR-222 and miR-31) regulate molecular pathways based on microRNA expression signature in prostate cancer. J Hum Genet. 2012;57:691-9 pubmed publisher..Identification and categorization of the molecular pathways regulated by tumor suppressive miRNAs could provide new information about the molecular mechanisms of PCa tumorigenesis. ..
- Baglìo S, Devescovi V, Granchi D, Baldini N. MicroRNA expression profiling of human bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells during osteogenic differentiation reveals Osterix regulation by miR-31. Gene. 2013;527:321-31 pubmed publisher..Our results define a miRNA signature characterizing the osteogenic differentiation of MSCs and provide evidence for the involvement of miR-31 in the regulation of the bone-specific transcription factor Osterix. ..
- Ivanov S, Goparaju C, Lopez P, Zavadil J, Toren Haritan G, Rosenwald S, et al. Pro-tumorigenic effects of miR-31 loss in mesothelioma. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:22809-17 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest that tumor-suppressive propensity of miR-31 can be used for development of new therapies against mesothelioma and other cancers that show loss of the 9p21.3 chromosome. ..
- Liu X, Sempere L, Ouyang H, Memoli V, Andrew A, Luo Y, et al. MicroRNA-31 functions as an oncogenic microRNA in mouse and human lung cancer cells by repressing specific tumor suppressors. J Clin Invest. 2010;120:1298-309 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings revealed that miR-31 acts as an oncogenic miRNA (oncomir) in lung cancer by targeting specific tumor suppressors for repression. ..
- Tan X, Qin W, Zhang L, Hang J, Li B, Zhang C, et al. A 5-microRNA signature for lung squamous cell carcinoma diagnosis and hsa-miR-31 for prognosis. Clin Cancer Res. 2011;17:6802-11 pubmed publisher..Our results identified a new diagnostic microRNA classifier for SCC among Chinese patients and a new prognostic biomarker, hsa-miR-31. ..
- Liu X, Cheng Y, Chen X, Yang J, Xu L, Zhang C. MicroRNA-31 regulated by the extracellular regulated kinase is involved in vascular smooth muscle cell growth via large tumor suppressor homolog 2. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:42371-80 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that MAPK/ERK/miR-31/LATS2 may represent a novel signaling pathway in VSMC growth. miR-31 is able to enhance VSMC proliferation via its downstream target gene product, LATS2. ..
- Xi S, Yang M, Tao Y, Xu H, Shan J, Inchauste S, et al. Cigarette smoke induces C/EBP-?-mediated activation of miR-31 in normal human respiratory epithelia and lung cancer cells. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e13764 pubmed publisher..Cigarette smoke induces expression of miR-31 targeting several antagonists of cancer stem cell signaling in normal respiratory epithelia and lung cancer cells. miR-31 functions as an oncomir during human pulmonary carcinogenesis. ..
- Peng H, Kaplan N, Hamanaka R, Katsnelson J, Blatt H, Yang W, et al. microRNA-31/factor-inhibiting hypoxia-inducible factor 1 nexus regulates keratinocyte differentiation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:14030-4 pubmed publisher..Our results define a previously unknown mechanism for keratinocyte fate decisions where Notch signaling potential is, in part, controlled through a miR-31/FIH-1 nexus. ..
- Veerla S, Lindgren D, Kvist A, Frigyesi A, Staaf J, Persson H, et al. MiRNA expression in urothelial carcinomas: important roles of miR-10a, miR-222, miR-125b, miR-7 and miR-452 for tumor stage and metastasis, and frequent homozygous losses of miR-31. Int J Cancer. 2009;124:2236-42 pubmed publisher..In addition, these latter miRNAs were shown to be excellent prognostic markers for death by disease as outcome. The presented data shows that pathological subtypes of urothelial carcinoma show distinct miRNA gene expression signatures. ..
- Wang C, Stratmann J, Zhou Z, Sun X. Suppression of microRNA-31 increases sensitivity to 5-FU at an early stage, and affects cell migration and invasion in HCT-116 colon cancer cells. BMC Cancer. 2010;10:616 pubmed publisher..009). Suppression of miR-31 had no effect on cell cycle and colony formation (p > 0.05). Suppression of miR-31 increases sensitivity to 5-FU at an early stage, and affects cell migration and invasion in HCT-116 colon cancer cells. ..
- Yamagishi M, Nakano K, Miyake A, Yamochi T, Kagami Y, Tsutsumi A, et al. Polycomb-mediated loss of miR-31 activates NIK-dependent NF-?B pathway in adult T cell leukemia and other cancers. Cancer Cell. 2012;21:121-35 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this emerging circuit operates in other cancers and receptor-initiated NF-?B cascade. Our findings provide a perspective involving the epigenetic program, inflammatory responses, and oncogenic signaling. ..
- Cekaite L, Rantala J, Bruun J, Guriby M, Agesen T, Danielsen S, et al. MiR-9, -31, and -182 deregulation promote proliferation and tumor cell survival in colon cancer. Neoplasia. 2012;14:868-79 pubmed..This study suggests that deregulated expression of miR-9, miR-31, and miR-182 during carcinogenesis plays a significant role in the development of colon cancer by promoting proliferation and tumor cell survival. ..
- Creighton C, Fountain M, Yu Z, Nagaraja A, Zhu H, Khan M, et al. Molecular profiling uncovers a p53-associated role for microRNA-31 in inhibiting the proliferation of serous ovarian carcinomas and other cancers. Cancer Res. 2010;70:1906-15 pubmed publisher..b>MIR31 and CDKN2A, which encode p14(ARF) and p16(INK4A), are located at 9p21...
- Wang C, Zhou Z, Wang L, Yang L, Zhou B, Gu J, et al. Clinicopathological significance of microRNA-31, -143 and -145 expression in colorectal cancer. Dis Markers. 2009;26:27-34 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the miR-31 overexpression may be involved in the development and progression of CRC. The miR-143 and miR-145 may play a certain role in the development of colon and/or rectal cancers but not in progression of the disease. ..
- Sossey Alaoui K, Downs Kelly E, Das M, Izem L, Tubbs R, Plow E. WAVE3, an actin remodeling protein, is regulated by the metastasis suppressor microRNA, miR-31, during the invasion-metastasis cascade. Int J Cancer. 2011;129:1331-43 pubmed publisher..The study also identifies a critical role for WAVE3, downstream of miR-31, in the invasion-metastasis cascade. ..
- Bhatnagar N, Li X, Padi S, Zhang Q, Tang M, Guo B. Downregulation of miR-205 and miR-31 confers resistance to chemotherapy-induced apoptosis in prostate cancer cells. Cell Death Dis. 2010;1:e105 pubmed publisher..Thus, downregulation of miR-205 and miR-31 has an important role in apoptosis resistance in advanced prostate cancer. ..
- Hou C, Sun B, Jiang Y, Zheng J, Yang N, Ji C, et al. MicroRNA-31 inhibits lung adenocarcinoma stem-like cells via down-regulation of MET-PI3K-Akt signaling pathway. Anticancer Agents Med Chem. 2016;16:501-18 pubmed..These results suggest that miR-31 might inhibit the growth of lung adenocarcinoma cancer stem-like cells via down regulation of the MET-PI3K-Akt signaling pathway. ..
- Wong H, Fatimy R, Onodera C, Wei Z, Yi M, Mohan A, et al. The Cancer Genome Atlas Analysis Predicts MicroRNA for Targeting Cancer Growth and Vascularization in Glioblastoma. Mol Ther. 2015;23:1234-1247 pubmed publisher..This is the first study that demonstrates intratumoral uptake and growth-inhibiting effects of uncomplexed antagomirs in orthotopic glioma. ..
- Samuel P, Pink R, Caley D, Currie J, Brooks S, Carter D. Over-expression of miR-31 or loss of KCNMA1 leads to increased cisplatin resistance in ovarian cancer cells. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:2565-73 pubmed publisher..Our data gives a new insight into the potential mechanisms to therapeutically target in cisplatin resistance common to ovarian cancer. ..
- Xu H, Ma J, Zheng J, Wu J, Qu C, Sun F, et al. MiR-31 Functions as a Tumor Suppressor in Lung Adenocarcinoma Mainly by Targeting HuR. Clin Lab. 2016;62:711-8 pubmed..Furthermore, overexpression of miR-31 prompted lung cancer cell apoptosis and inhibited cell migration. Reduction of miR-31 expression enhanced lung cancer proliferation and migration by repressing HuR expression. ..
- Lee M, Mantel C, Lee S, Moon S, Broxmeyer H. MiR-31/SDHA Axis Regulates Reprogramming Efficiency through Mitochondrial Metabolism. Stem Cell Reports. 2016;7:1-10 pubmed publisher..This is supportive of multi-stage reprogramming whereby metabolic remodeling is fundamental. ..
- Gabler J, Ruetze M, Kynast K, Grossner T, Diederichs S, Richter W. Stage-Specific miRs in Chondrocyte Maturation: Differentiation-Dependent and Hypertrophy-Related miR Clusters and the miR-181 Family. Tissue Eng Part A. 2015;21:2840-51 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the here identified stage-dependent miR clusters may have imperative functions during chondrocyte differentiation providing novel diagnostic tools and targets of potential relevance for OA development. ..
- Suarez Y, Wang C, Manes T, Pober J. Cutting edge: TNF-induced microRNAs regulate TNF-induced expression of E-selectin and intercellular adhesion molecule-1 on human endothelial cells: feedback control of inflammation. J Immunol. 2010;184:21-5 pubmed publisher..Conversely, transfections with mimics of these miRNAs decreased neutrophil adhesion to endothelial cells. These data suggest that miRNAs provide negative feedback control of inflammation. ..
- Kim H, Lee K, Bae H, Eun J, Shen Q, Park S, et al. MicroRNA-31 functions as a tumor suppressor by regulating cell cycle and epithelial-mesenchymal transition regulatory proteins in liver cancer. Oncotarget. 2015;6:8089-102 pubmed..Overall, we suggest that miR-31 functions as a tumor suppressor by selectively regulating cell cycle and EMT regulatory proteins in human hepatocarcinogenesis providing a novel target for the molecular treatment of liver malignancies. ..
- Weldon S, McNally P, McAuley D, Oglesby I, Wohlford Lenane C, Bartlett J, et al. miR-31 dysregulation in cystic fibrosis airways contributes to increased pulmonary cathepsin S production. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2014;190:165-74 pubmed publisher..The miR-31/IRF-1/CTSS pathway may play a functional role in the pathogenesis of CF lung disease and may open up new avenues for exploration in the search for an effective therapeutic target. ..
- Luo L, Yang F, Ding J, Yan D, Wang D, Yang S, et al. MiR-31 inhibits migration and invasion by targeting SATB2 in triple negative breast cancer. Gene. 2016;594:47-58 pubmed publisher..Luciferase reporter assays indicated SATB2 is a direct target of miR-31. Taken together, these results suggest miR-31 inhibited TNBC cells migration and invasion through suppressing SATB2 expression. ..
- Hua S, Xiaotao X, Renhua G, Yongmei Y, Lianke L, Wen G, et al. Reduced miR-31 and let-7 maintain the balance between differentiation and quiescence in lung cancer stem-like side population cells. Biomed Pharmacother. 2012;66:89-97 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that reduced miR-31 and let-7 are involved in maintaining the balance between differentiation and quiescence in SP cells. ..
- Meng W, Ye Z, Cui R, Perry J, Dedousi Huebner V, Huebner A, et al. MicroRNA-31 predicts the presence of lymph node metastases and survival in patients with lung adenocarcinoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2013;19:5423-33 pubmed publisher..We conducted genome-wide miRNA-sequencing (miRNA-seq) in primary cancer tissue from patients of lung adenocarcinoma to identify markers for the presence of lymph node metastasis...
- Li T, Luo W, Liu K, Lv X, Xi T. miR-31 promotes proliferation of colon cancer cells by targeting E2F2. Biotechnol Lett. 2015;37:523-32 pubmed publisher..A possible mechanism for the function of miR-31 on colon cancer proliferation is presented and indicates that miR-31 might become a target for anti-cancer drug design. ..
- Nosho K, Igarashi H, Nojima M, Ito M, Maruyama R, Yoshii S, et al. Association of microRNA-31 with BRAF mutation, colorectal cancer survival and serrated pathway. Carcinogenesis. 2014;35:776-83 pubmed publisher..Thus, miR-31 may be a promising diagnostic biomarker and therapeutic target in colon cancers. Moreover, high miR-31 expression in serrated lesions suggested that miR-31 may be a key molecule in serrated pathway. ..
- Ruoming W, Zhen Y, Tengteng Z, Jisheng H. Tumor suppressor microRNA-31 inhibits gastric carcinogenesis by targeting Smad4 and SGPP2. Cancer Gene Ther. 2015;22:564-72 pubmed publisher..Therefore, miR-31 could be a useful biomarker for monitoring GC development and progression, and also could have a therapeutic potential by targeting SGPP2, Smad4 and STAT3 for GC therapy. ..
- Wang H, Zhang X, Liu Y, Ni Z, Lin Y, Duan Z, et al. Downregulated miR-31 level associates with poor prognosis of gastric cancer and its restoration suppresses tumor cell malignant phenotypes by inhibiting E2F2. Oncotarget. 2016;7:36577-36589 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results demonstrated that miR-31 acts as a crucial tumor suppressive activity by inhibiting E2F2s expression. Thus, miR-31 might be a candidate therapeutic target for gastric cancer patients. ..
- McCully M, Conde J, V Baptista P, Mullin M, Dalby M, Berry C. Nanoparticle-antagomiR based targeting of miR-31 to induce osterix and osteocalcin expression in mesenchymal stem cells. PLoS ONE. 2018;13:e0192562 pubmed publisher..This study highlights the potential that miRNA antagomiR-tagged nanoparticles offer as novel therapeutics in regenerative medicine. ..
- Ibrahim F, Jamal R, Syafruddin S, Ab Mutalib N, Saidin S, MdZin R, et al. MicroRNA-200c and microRNA-31 regulate proliferation, colony formation, migration and invasion in serous ovarian cancer. J Ovarian Res. 2015;8:56 pubmed publisher..These data suggested that miR-200c and miR-31 may play roles in the SEOC metastasis biology and could be considered as promising targets for therapeutic purposes. ..
- Visani M, de Biase D, Marucci G, Cerasoli S, Nigrisoli E, Bacchi Reggiani M, et al. Expression of 19 microRNAs in glioblastoma and comparison with other brain neoplasia of grades I-III. Mol Oncol. 2014;8:417-30 pubmed publisher..This study provides further data for the identification of a miRNA profile for glioblastoma and suggests that different-grade neoplasia could be characterized by different expression of specific miRNAs. ..
- Li D, Li X, Wang A, Meisgen F, Pivarcsi A, Sonkoly E, et al. MicroRNA-31 Promotes Skin Wound Healing by Enhancing Keratinocyte Proliferation and Migration. J Invest Dermatol. 2015;135:1676-1685 pubmed publisher..Collectively, we identify miR-31 as a key regulator for promoting keratinocyte proliferation and migration during wound healing. ..
- Stepicheva N, Song J. Function and regulation of microRNA-31 in development and disease. Mol Reprod Dev. 2016;83:654-74 pubmed publisher..Mol. Reprod. Dev. 83: 654-674, 2016 Â© 2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Wang S, Jiao B, Geng S, Song J, Liang Z, Lu S. Concomitant microRNA-31 downregulation and radixin upregulation predicts advanced tumor progression and unfavorable prognosis in patients with gliomas. J Neurol Sci. 2014;338:71-6 pubmed publisher..A combined detection of miR-31/RDX expression may benefit us in predicting clinical outcomes of glioma patients with high pathological grades. ..
- Choi Y, Song Y, Lee H, Yi K, Kim Y, Suh K, et al. MicroRNA Expression Signatures Associated With BRAF-Mutated Versus KRAS-Mutated Colorectal Cancers. Medicine (Baltimore). 2016;95:e3321 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the DE-miRNAs in BRAF-mutated CRCs in comparison to KRAS-mutated CRCs are implicated in the aggressive phenotype of the BRAF-mutated CRCs. Further experimental validation is required to confirm these results. ..
- Cheung C, Chung G, Lun S, To K, Choy K, Lau K, et al. miR-31 is consistently inactivated in EBV-associated nasopharyngeal carcinoma and contributes to its tumorigenesis. Mol Cancer. 2014;13:184 pubmed publisher..The findings provide strong evidence to support miR-31 as a new NPC-associated tumor suppressor on 9p21.3 region. The inactivation of miR-31 may contribute to the early development of NPC. ..
- Wang A, Landén N, Meisgen F, Lohcharoenkal W, Stahle M, Sonkoly E, et al. MicroRNA-31 is overexpressed in cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma and regulates cell motility and colony formation ability of tumor cells. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e103206 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that miR-31 regulates cancer-associated phenotypes of cSCC and identify miR-31 as a potential target for cSCC treatment. ..
- Leidner R, Ravi L, Leahy P, Chen Y, Bednarchik B, Streppel M, et al. The microRNAs, MiR-31 and MiR-375, as candidate markers in Barrett's esophageal carcinogenesis. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2012;51:473-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we propose miR-31 and -375 as novel candidate microRNAs specifically associated with early- and late-stage malignant progression, respectively, in Barrett's esophagus. ..
- Xiao W, Bao Z, Zhang C, Zhang X, Shi L, Zhou Z, et al. Upregulation of miR-31* is negatively associated with recurrent/newly formed oral leukoplakia. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e38648 pubmed publisher..FGF3 is the target of miR-31*. miR-31* may play an important role during OLK progression through regulating FGF3. MiRNA* strands may also have prominent roles in oral carcinogenesis. ..
- Wang H, Liu W, Black S, Turner O, Daniel J, Dean Colomb W, et al. Kaiso, a transcriptional repressor, promotes cell migration and invasion of prostate cancer cells through regulation of miR-31 expression. Oncotarget. 2016;7:5677-89 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these results demonstrate that Kaiso promotes cell migration and invasiveness through regulation of miR-31 expression. ..
- Iyevleva A, Kuligina E, Mitiushkina N, Togo A, Miki Y, Imyanitov E. High level of miR-21, miR-10b, and miR-31 expression in bilateral vs. unilateral breast carcinomas. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2012;131:1049-59 pubmed publisher..004). This study suggests that bilateral breast tumors have somewhat distinct pattern of molecular events as compared to the unilateral disease. ..
- Koumangoye R, Andl T, Taubenslag K, Zilberman S, Taylor C, Loomans H, et al. SOX4 interacts with EZH2 and HDAC3 to suppress microRNA-31 in invasive esophageal cancer cells. Mol Cancer. 2015;14:24 pubmed publisher..Thus, we identified a novel molecular mechanism by which the SOX4, EZH2 and miR-31 circuit promotes tumor progression and potential therapeutic targets for invasive esophageal carcinomas. ..
- Lu W, Liu C, Tu H, Chung Y, Yang C, Kao S, et al. miR-31 targets ARID1A and enhances the oncogenicity and stemness of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Oncotarget. 2016;7:57254-57267 pubmed publisher..This study provides novel mechanistic clues demonstrating that miR-31 inhibits ARID1A and that this enriches the oncogenicity and stemness of HNSCC. ..
- Thompson M, Edmonds M, Liang S, McClintock Treep S, Wang X, Li S, et al. miR-31 and miR-17-5p levels change during transformation of follicular lymphoma. Hum Pathol. 2016;50:118-26 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that changes in miR-31 and miR-17-5p reflect the transformation of follicular lymphoma to an aggressive large B-cell lymphoma and may, along with their targets, be viable markers for this process. ..
- Edmonds M, Boyd K, Moyo T, Mitra R, Duszynski R, Arrate M, et al. MicroRNA-31 initiates lung tumorigenesis and promotes mutant KRAS-driven lung cancer. J Clin Invest. 2016;126:349-64 pubmed publisher..Our study distinguishes miR-31 as a driver of lung tumorigenesis that promotes mutant KRAS-mediated oncogenesis and reveals that miR-31 directly targets and reduces expression of negative regulators of RAS/MAPK signaling. ..
- Laurila E, Kallioniemi A. The diverse role of miR-31 in regulating cancer associated phenotypes. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2013;52:1103-13 pubmed publisher..This review summarizes the complex expression patterns of miR-31 in human cancers, describes the variable phenotypes caused by altered miR-31 expression, and highlights the current knowledge on the genes targeted by miR-31. ..
- Hua D, Ding D, Han X, Zhang W, Zhao N, Foltz G, et al. Human miR-31 targets radixin and inhibits migration and invasion of glioma cells. Oncol Rep. 2012;27:700-6 pubmed publisher..Finally, we demonstrated that miR-31 targeted radixin predominantly via inhibition of protein translation instead of degradation of mRNA. ..
- Igarashi H, Kurihara H, Mitsuhashi K, Ito M, Okuda H, Kanno S, et al. Association of MicroRNA-31-5p with Clinical Efficacy of Anti-EGFR Therapy in Patients with Metastatic Colorectal Cancer. Ann Surg Oncol. 2015;22:2640-8 pubmed publisher..Moreover, in CRCs carrying all wild-type genes, high miR-31-5p was associated with shorter PFS, suggesting that it may be a useful and additional prognostic biomarker for anti-EGFR therapy. ..
- Xue F, Li H, Zhang J, Lu J, Xia Y, Xia Q. miR-31 regulates interleukin 2 and kinase suppressor of ras 2 during T cell activation. Genes Immun. 2013;14:127-31 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our study demonstrated that miR-31 upregulated IL-2 expression via reduction of its up-stream kinase suppressor, KSR2, and is a component of T cell activation. ..
- Odar K, Bostjancic E, Gale N, Glavac D, Zidar N. Differential expression of microRNAs miR-21, miR-31, miR-203, miR-125a-5p and miR-125b and proteins PTEN and p63 in verrucous carcinoma of the head and neck. Histopathology. 2012;61:257-65 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that some microRNAs and proteins, particularly miR-125b, miR-203 and p63, might be useful in the diagnosis of VC. ..
- Gao W, Liu L, Xu J, Shao Q, Liu Y, Zeng H, et al. A systematic analysis of predicted MiR-31-targets identifies a diagnostic and prognostic signature for lung cancer. Biomed Pharmacother. 2014;68:419-27 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the present data indicate that the interaction of miR-31 targets may be promising candidates as biomarkers for the diagnosis, prognosis and personalized therapy of lung cancer. ..
- Deng H, Liu H, Zhai B, Zhang K, Xu G, Peng X, et al. Vascular endothelial growth factor suppresses TNFSF15 production in endothelial cells by stimulating miR-31 and miR-20a expression via activation of Akt and Erk signals. FEBS Open Bio. 2017;7:108-117 pubmed publisher..These findings are consistent with the view that miR-20a and miR-31 mediate VEGF-induced downregulation of TNFSF15. Targeting these microRNA molecules may therefore provide an effective approach to inhibit angiogenesis. ..
- Cacchiarelli D, Incitti T, Martone J, Cesana M, Cazzella V, Santini T, et al. miR-31 modulates dystrophin expression: new implications for Duchenne muscular dystrophy therapy. EMBO Rep. 2011;12:136-41 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that interfering with miR-31 activity can provide an ameliorating strategy for those DMD therapies that are aimed at efficiently recovering dystrophin synthesis. ..