Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR30C1
Description: microRNA 30c-1
- Long W, Zhao C, Ji C, Ding H, Cui Y, Guo X, et al. Characterization of serum microRNAs profile of PCOS and identification of novel non-invasive biomarkers. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2014;33:1304-15 pubmed publisher..We identified and validated a class of three serum miRNAs that could act as novel non-invasive biomarkers for diagnosis of PCOS. These miRNAs may be involved in the pathogenesis of PCOS. ..
- Agostini A, Brunetti M, Davidson B, Trope C, Heim S, Panagopoulos I, et al. Expressions of miR-30c and let-7a are inversely correlated with HMGA2 expression in squamous cell carcinoma of the vulva. Oncotarget. 2016;7:85058-85062 pubmed publisher..Our results also show that SCC of the vulva presents a characteristic molecular pattern with FHIT being downregulated whereas HMGA2 is upregulated. ..
- Hartmann D, Fiedler J, Sonnenschein K, Just A, Pfanne A, Zimmer K, et al. MicroRNA-Based Therapy of GATA2-Deficient Vascular Disease. Circulation. 2016;134:1973-1990 pubmed..GATA2-mediated regulation of miR-126 and miR-221 has an important impact on endothelial biology. Hence, modulation of GATA2 and its targets miR-126 and miR-221 is a promising therapeutic strategy for treatment of many vascular diseases. ..
- Vachirayonstien T, Yan B. MicroRNA-30c-1-3p is a silencer of the pregnane X receptor by targeting the 3'-untranslated region and alters the expression of its target gene cytochrome P450 3A4. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2016;1859:1238-1244 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: Xenobiotic nuclear receptors: New Tricks for An Old Dog, edited by Dr. Wen Xie. ..
- Fuster O, Llop M, Dolz S, García P, Such E, Ibañez M, et al. Adverse prognostic value of MYBL2 overexpression and association with microRNA-30 family in acute myeloid leukemia patients. Leuk Res. 2013;37:1690-6 pubmed publisher..6, 95% CI 1.2-5.6, P=0.015) in patients with an intermediate-risk karyotype. In conclusion, our data showed that MYBL2 expression analysis could be useful to define subgroups of patients with poor prognosis. ..
- Chen J, Liu Y, Hu Z, Shen H. [Single nucleotide polymorphism in flanking region of miR-30c influences the maturing process of miR-30c in lung carcinoma]. Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi. 2012;34:664-8 pubmed publisher..The rs928508(A/G) polymorphism in flanking region of miR-30c could influence the processing from pri-miR-30c to mature miR-30c, but does not influence the transcription of pri-miR-30c. ..
- Gil Zamorano J, Martin R, Daimiel L, Richardson K, Giordano E, Nicod N, et al. Docosahexaenoic acid modulates the enterocyte Caco-2 cell expression of microRNAs involved in lipid metabolism. J Nutr. 2014;144:575-85 pubmed publisher..Alteration of miRNA levels by dietary components in support of their pharmacologic modulation might be valuable in adjunct therapy for dyslipidemia and other related diseases. ..
- Spinelli S, FernÃ¡ndez R, Zoff L, Bongiovanni B, DÃaz A, D Attilio L, et al. miR-30c is specifically repressed in patients with active pulmonary tuberculosis. Tuberculosis (Edinb). 2017;105:73-79 pubmed publisher..In sum, our studies identify miR-30c as a specific correlate of pulmonary manifestations of TB, potentially involved in the altered glucocorticoid sensitivity observed in these patients. ..
- Lai Y, Chen J, Wang X, Wu Y, Peng H, Lin X, et al. Collagen triple helix repeat containing-1 negatively regulated by microRNA-30c promotes cell proliferation and metastasis and indicates poor prognosis in breast cancer. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2017;36:92 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we identified the role of miR-30c/CTHRC1 axis in breast cancer progression and demonstrated CTHRC1 may serve as a prognostic biomarker and therapeutic target for breast cancer. ..
- Soh J, Iqbal J, Queiroz J, Fernandez Hernando C, Hussain M. MicroRNA-30c reduces hyperlipidemia and atherosclerosis in mice by decreasing lipid synthesis and lipoprotein secretion. Nat Med. 2013;19:892-900 pubmed publisher..Raising miR-30c levels might be useful in treating hyperlipidemias and associated disorders. ..
- Zarrinpar A, Gupta S, Maurya M, Subramaniam S, Loomba R. Serum microRNAs explain discordance of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease in monozygotic and dizygotic twins: a prospective study. Gut. 2016;65:1546-54 pubmed publisher..Using a novel human twin-study design, we demonstrate that discordancy in liver fat content between the twins can be explained by miRs, and that they are heritable. ..
- Moreno Mateos M, Barragán V, Torres B, Rodríguez Mateo C, Méndez Vidal C, Berezikov E, et al. Novel small RNA expression libraries uncover hsa-miR-30b and hsa-miR-30c as important factors in anoikis resistance. RNA. 2013;19:1711-25 pubmed publisher..In summary, this novel methodology provides a powerful and effective way for identifying novel small RNAs involved in a particular biological process. ..
- Noli L, Capalbo A, Dajani Y, Cimadomo D, Bvumbe J, Rienzi L, et al. Human Embryos Created by Embryo Splitting Secrete Significantly Lower Levels of miRNA-30c. Stem Cells Dev. 2016;25:1853-1862 pubmed..The miRNA profile, unique to twin blastocysts, might be a result of differential lineage commitment in these embryos. ..
- Huang Z, Zhang L, Yi X, Yu X. Diagnostic and prognostic values of tissue hsa-miR-30c and hsa-miR-203 in prostate carcinoma. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:4359-65 pubmed publisher..015 and 0.023, respectively. In summary, our study suggested that both hsa-miR-203 and hsa-miR-30c are potential biomarkers for detection and prognosis of PCa. ..
- Lin J, Horikawa Y, Tamboli P, Clague J, Wood C, Wu X. Genetic variations in microRNA-related genes are associated with survival and recurrence in patients with renal cell carcinoma. Carcinogenesis. 2010;31:1805-12 pubmed publisher..Future investigation in larger populations and functional characterizations are necessary to validate these results. ..
- Agostini A, Brunetti M, Davidson B, Trope C, Heim S, Panagopoulos I, et al. Genomic imbalances are involved in miR-30c and let-7a deregulation in ovarian tumors: implications for HMGA2 expression. Oncotarget. 2017;8:21554-21560 pubmed publisher..Our study shows that genomic imbalances are involved in miR-30c and let-7a deregulation. One can reasonably assume that dysregulation of these miRNAs is a cause leading to HMGA2 upregulation in ovarian tumors. ..
- Lu Y, Wang J, Liu L, Yu L, Zhao N, Zhou X, et al. Curcumin increases the sensitivity of Paclitaxel-resistant NSCLC cells to Paclitaxel through microRNA-30c-mediated MTA1 reduction. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317698353 pubmed publisher..Curcumin might be a potential adjuvant for non-small-cell lung cancer patients during Paclitaxel treatment. ..
- Bang C, Antoniades C, Antonopoulos A, Eriksson U, Franssen C, Hamdani N, et al. Intercellular communication lessons in heart failure. Eur J Heart Fail. 2015;17:1091-103 pubmed publisher..In this review, we discuss emerging communication networks and respective underlying mechanisms which could be involved in cardiovascular disease conditions and further emphasize promising therapeutic targets for drug development. ..
- Liu D, Wu J, Liu M, Yin H, He J, Zhang B. Downregulation of miRNA-30c and miR-203a is associated with hepatitis C virus core protein-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition in normal hepatocytes and hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;464:1215-1221 pubmed publisher..The Core protein-activated-EMT is involved in the carcinogenesis and progression of HCC. Loss of miR-30c and miR-203a expression is a marker for the poor prognosis of HCC. ..
- Zhong Z, Xia Y, Wang P, Liu B, Chen Y. Low expression of microRNA-30c promotes invasion by inducing epithelial mesenchymal transition in non-small cell lung cancer. Mol Med Rep. 2014;10:2575-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, miRâ€‘30c regulated the invasion of NSCLC cells and low miR-30 levels induced EMT. ..
- Ling X, Han Z, Xia D, He H, Jiang F, Lin Z, et al. MicroRNA-30c serves as an independent biochemical recurrence predictor and potential tumor suppressor for prostate cancer. Mol Biol Rep. 2014;41:2779-88 pubmed publisher..On cellular level, miR-30c may function as a tumor suppressor for PCa cells by inhibiting tumor cell proliferation, migration and invasion. ..
- Mu Y, Su X. Polymorphism in pre-miR-30c contributes to gastric cancer risk in a Chinese population. Med Oncol. 2012;29:1723-32 pubmed publisher..However, their role as novel biomarkers for the diagnosis and prognosis of gastric diseases still needs to be systematically evaluated. ..
- Shen J, Ambrosone C, Zhao H. Novel genetic variants in microRNA genes and familial breast cancer. Int J Cancer. 2009;124:1178-82 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that functional genetic variants in miRNA genes can potentially alter the regulation of key breast cancer genes. Whether they confer genetic susceptibility to breast cancer remains to be determined. ..
- Nelson P, Wang W, Wilfred B, Wei A, Dimayuga J, Huang Q, et al. Novel human ABCC9/SUR2 brain-expressed transcripts and an eQTL relevant to hippocampal sclerosis of aging. J Neurochem. 2015;134:1026-39 pubmed publisher..We also determined that the HS-Aging risk mutation is associated with variation in ABCC9 transcript expression. ..
- Irani S, Hussain M. Role of microRNA-30c in lipid metabolism, adipogenesis, cardiac remodeling and cancer. Curr Opin Lipidol. 2015;26:139-46 pubmed publisher..Studies are needed to evaluate the efficacy of miR-30c mimic in the treatment of these disorders. ..
- Han X, Zhen S, Ye Z, Lu J, Wang L, Li P, et al. A Feedback Loop Between miR-30a/c-5p and DNMT1 Mediates Cisplatin Resistance in Ovarian Cancer Cells. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;41:973-986 pubmed publisher..A feedback loop between miR-30a/c-5p and DNMT1 is a potent signature for cisplatin-resistance and EMT in ovarian cancer, promising a potential target for improved anti-cancer treatment. ..