Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR30A
Description: microRNA 30a
- Mellios N, Huang H, Grigorenko A, Rogaev E, Akbarian S. A set of differentially expressed miRNAs, including miR-30a-5p, act as post-transcriptional inhibitors of BDNF in prefrontal cortex. Hum Mol Genet. 2008;17:3030-42 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data highlight the multiple layers of regulation governing the developmental expression of BDNF in human PFC and suggest that miRNAs are involved in the fine-tuning of this neurotrophin particularly in adulthood. ..
- Kumarswamy R, Mudduluru G, Ceppi P, Muppala S, Kozlowski M, Niklinski J, et al. MicroRNA-30a inhibits epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition by targeting Snai1 and is downregulated in non-small cell lung cancer. Int J Cancer. 2012;130:2044-53 pubmed publisher..0001) in tumors compared to corresponding normal tissues. These results suggest that miR-30a targets Snai1, inhibits invasion and metastasis, and is downregulated in NSCLC. ..
- Liu Y, Dong J, Mu R, Gao Y, Tan X, Li Y, et al. MicroRNA-30a promotes B cell hyperactivity in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus by direct interaction with Lyn. Arthritis Rheum. 2013;65:1603-11 pubmed publisher..These results reveal that elevated expression of miR-30a is responsible for the reduction in levels of Lyn in B cells from patients with SLE, suggesting that miR-30a plays an important role in B cell hyperactivity. ..
- Martinez I, Cazalla D, Almstead L, Steitz J, DiMaio D. miR-29 and miR-30 regulate B-Myb expression during cellular senescence. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:522-7 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that miR-29 and miR-30 regulate B-Myb expression by binding to its 3'UTR and suggest that these microRNAs play an important role in Rb-driven cellular senescence. ..
- Cheng C, Wang H, Chang C, Chu H, Chen C, Yu J, et al. MicroRNA-30a inhibits cell migration and invasion by downregulating vimentin expression and is a potential prognostic marker in breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2012;134:1081-93 pubmed publisher..The finding that miR-30a downmodulates vimentin expression might provide a therapeutic target for the treatment of breast cancer. ..
- Bridge G, Monteiro R, Henderson S, Emuss V, Lagos D, Georgopoulou D, et al. The microRNA-30 family targets DLL4 to modulate endothelial cell behavior during angiogenesis. Blood. 2012;120:5063-72 pubmed publisher..Together these results demonstrate that the highly conserved molecular targeting of DLL4 by the miR-30 family regulates angiogenesis. ..
- Jia Z, Wang K, Wang G, Zhang A, Pu P. MiR-30a-5p antisense oligonucleotide suppresses glioma cell growth by targeting SEPT7. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e55008 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates,for the first time, that miR-30a-5p is a bona fide negative regulator of SEPT7 and the oncogenic activity of miR-30a-5p in human gliomas is at least in part through the repression of SEPT7. ..
- Guo L, Luo C, Fan J, Hou Z, Ji X, Chen F, et al. Serum miRNA profiling identifies miR-150/30a as potential biomarker for workers with damaged nerve fibers from carbon disulfide. Ind Health. 2015;53:38-47 pubmed publisher..miR-150 and miR-30a may be potential noninvasive biomarkers for a damaged nervous system. ..
- Peck B, Sincavage J, Feinstein S, Mah A, Simmons J, Lund P, et al. miR-30 Family Controls Proliferation and Differentiation of Intestinal Epithelial Cell Models by Directing a Broad Gene Expression Program That Includes SOX9 and the Ubiquitin Ligase Pathway. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:15975-84 pubmed publisher..This in-depth analysis of a complex miRNA regulatory program in intestinal epithelial cell models provides novel evidence that the miR-30 family likely plays an important role in IEC homeostasis. ..
- Zhang W, Zhang C, Chen H, Li L, Tu Y, Liu C, et al. Evaluation of microRNAs miR-196a, miR-30a-5P, and miR-490 as biomarkers of disease activity among patients with FSGS. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2014;9:1545-52 pubmed publisher..63 (P=0.03). The levels of urinary miR-196a, miR-30a-5p, and miR-490 are associated with FSGS disease activity. ..
- Yan J, Ma C, Gao Y. MicroRNA-30a-5p suppresses epithelial-mesenchymal transition by targeting profilin-2 in high invasive non-small cell lung cancer cell lines. Oncol Rep. 2017;37:3146-3154 pubmed publisher..Suggesting the association of miR?30a?5p and PFN2 may play an essential role in the development of NSCLC by modulating EMT and cell invasion. ..
- Ji Q, Xu X, Zhang Q, Kang L, Xu Y, Zhang K, et al. The IL-1Î²/AP-1/miR-30a/ADAMTS-5 axis regulates cartilage matrix degradation in human osteoarthritis. J Mol Med (Berl). 2016;94:771-85 pubmed publisher..AP-1/miR-30a is essential for IL-1Î²-induced ADAMTS-5 upregulation in OA. Downregulation of miR-30a in OA is negatively correlated with ADAMTS-5 expression. ..
- Wen X, Ma H, Zhao L, Zhang W, Dang C. MiR-30a suppresses non-small cell lung cancer progression through AKT signaling pathway by targeting IGF1R. Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand). 2015;61:78-85 pubmed..These results demonstrate that miR—30a influences NSCLC progression through PI3K/AKT signaling pathway by targeting IGF1R in A549 cells, which suggest miR—30a as a novel strategy for NSCLC diagnosis and treatment. ..
- Alsaleh G, FranÃ§ois A, Philippe L, Gong Y, Bahram S, Cetin S, et al. MiR-30a-3p negatively regulates BAFF synthesis in systemic sclerosis and rheumatoid arthritis fibroblasts. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e111266 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest a critical role of miR-30a-3p in the regulation of BAFF expression, which could have a major impact in the regulation of the autoimmune responses occurring in RA and SSc. ..
- Zhang P, Yang X, Ma X, Ingram D, Lazar A, Torres K, et al. Antitumor effects of pharmacological EZH2 inhibition on malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumor through the miR-30a and KPNB1 pathway. Mol Cancer. 2015;14:55 pubmed publisher..More importantly, our study indicated that pharmacological interference of EZH2 is a potential therapeutic approach for MPNST. ..
- Fu Y, Xu W, Chen D, Feng C, Zhang L, Wang X, et al. Enterovirus 71 induces autophagy by regulating has-miR-30a expression to promote viral replication. Antiviral Res. 2015;124:43-53 pubmed publisher..We provided further evidence that by modulating cellular miR-30a level through either overexpression or inhibition, one can inhibit or promote EV71 replication, respectively, through regulating autophagic activity. ..
- Yu F, Deng H, Yao H, Liu Q, Su F, Song E. Mir-30 reduction maintains self-renewal and inhibits apoptosis in breast tumor-initiating cells. Oncogene. 2010;29:4194-204 pubmed publisher..Together, our data suggest mir-30 as one of the important miRNAs in regulating the stem-like features of T-ICs. ..
- Singh A, Pandey R, Shaha C, Madhubala R. MicroRNA expression profiling of Leishmania donovani-infected host cells uncovers the regulatory role of MIR30A-3p in host autophagy. Autophagy. 2016;12:1817-1831 pubmed..In the present study, we demonstrate the novel regulatory role of host microRNA, MIR30A-3p in modulation of host cell macroautophagy/autophagy after infection with L. donovani...
- Shen H, Xing C, Cui K, Li Y, Zhang J, Du R, et al. MicroRNA-30a attenuates mutant KRAS-driven colorectal tumorigenesis via direct suppression of ME1. Cell Death Differ. 2017;24:1253-1262 pubmed publisher..miR-30a overexpression and ME1 suppression attenuated AOM/DSS-induced colorectal tumorigenesis. The critical roles of miR-30a and ME1 in the development of KRAS-mutant CRCs indicate therapy potentials for this subtype of cancer. ..
- Chung Y, Li S, Kao Y, Luo H, Cheng Y, Lin P, et al. MiR-30a-5p Inhibits Epithelial-to-Mesenchymal Transition and Upregulates Expression of Tight Junction Protein Claudin-5 in Human Upper Tract Urothelial Carcinoma Cells. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..Thus, miR-30a-5p may provide a promising therapeutic strategy for UTUC treatment. ..
- Tang R, Liang L, Luo D, Feng Z, Huang Q, He R, et al. Downregulation of MiR-30a is Associated with Poor Prognosis in Lung Cancer. Med Sci Monit. 2015;21:2514-20 pubmed publisher..72Â±11.63 months, P<0.001). MiR-30a may be regarded as a tumor suppressor in NSCLC, and it could become a prognostic marker and potential therapeutic target for NSCLC. ..
- Cheng Y, Chen G, Hu M, Huang J, Li B, Zhou L, et al. Has-miR-30a regulates autophagic activity in cervical cancer upon hydroxycamptothecin exposure. Biomed Pharmacother. 2015;75:67-74 pubmed publisher..It is the first time provide a deeper understanding of the mechanisms underlying cellular and molecular mechanisms by which HCPT affect cervical cancer. ..
- Koh E, Chen Y, Bader D, Hamilton M, He B, York B, et al. Mitochondrial Activity in Human White Adipocytes Is Regulated by the Ubiquitin Carrier Protein 9/microRNA-30a Axis. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:24747-24755 pubmed..Taken together, our data demonstrate a previously unappreciated molecular axis that controls browning of human white adipocytes. ..
- Huang Q, Ma X, Zhang X, Liu S, Ai Q, Shi T, et al. Down-Regulated miR-30a in Clear Cell Renal Cell Carcinoma Correlated with Tumor Hematogenous Metastasis by Targeting Angiogenesis-Specific DLL4. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e67294 pubmed publisher..05). Down-regulated miR-30a in ccRCC was associated with tumor hematogenous metastasis through increasing microvessel density by targeting angiogenesis-specific DLL4. ..
- Eguchi T, Watanabe K, Hara E, Ono M, Kuboki T, Calderwood S. OstemiR: a novel panel of microRNA biomarkers in osteoblastic and osteocytic differentiation from mesencymal stem cells. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e58796 pubmed publisher..These observations indicate stage-specific roles of OstemiR especially miR-541 and the miR-30 family on novel targets in osteogenesis. ..
- Mao C, Zhang J, Lin S, Jing L, Xiang J, Wang M, et al. MiRNA-30a inhibits AECs-II apoptosis by blocking mitochondrial fission dependent on Drp-1. J Cell Mol Med. 2014;18:2404-16 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrated that miR-30a inhibited AECs-II apoptosis by repressing the mitochondrial fission dependent on Drp-1, and could function as a novel therapeutic target for lung fibrosis. ..
- Fu J, Xu X, Kang L, Zhou L, Wang S, Lu J, et al. miR-30a suppresses breast cancer cell proliferation and migration by targeting Eya2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;445:314-9 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the miR-30a/Eya2 axis may play an important role in breast cancer development and progression and that miR-30a activation or Eya2 inhibition may be a useful strategy for cancer treatment. ..
- Zhang L, Zhang X, Liu C, Lu K, Huang Y, Wang Y, et al. miRNA-30a functions as a tumor suppressor by downregulating cyclin E2 expression in castration-resistant prostate cancer. Mol Med Rep. 2016;14:2077-84 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that miR?30a may function as a novel tumor suppressor in CRPC. Its anti?oncogenic activity may occur by the reduced expression of a distinct cell cycle protein, CCNE2. ..
- Bi G, Yan J, Sun S, Qu X. PRRT2 inhibits the proliferation of glioma cells by modulating unfolded protein response pathway. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;485:454-460 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings identify PRRT2 as a tumor suppressor in glioma and provide a promising target for potential therapeutic intervention. ..
- Yang R, Hong H, Wang M, Ma Z. Correlation Between Single-Nucleotide Polymorphisms Within miR-30a and Related Target Genes and Risk or Prognosis of Nephrotic Syndrome. DNA Cell Biol. 2018;37:233-243 pubmed publisher..05). Conclusively, the SNPs situated within miR-30a and its downstream molecules (i.e., Notch1, Snail1, p53, CD73, and TET1) could become the promising biomarkers for both NS diagnosis and prediction of NS prognosis. ..
- Wan Q, Zhou Z, Ding S, He J. The miR-30a Negatively Regulates IL-17-Mediated Signal Transduction by Targeting Traf3ip2. J Interferon Cytokine Res. 2015;35:917-23 pubmed publisher..Thus, we concluded that the downregulation of miR-30a in autoimmune diseases may exacerbate IL-17-mediated inflammation, which may serve as a potential target for the therapy of these diseases. ..
- Singh S, Dakhole A, Deogharkar A, Kazi S, Kshirsagar R, Goel A, et al. Restoration of miR-30a expression inhibits growth, tumorigenicity of medulloblastoma cells accompanied by autophagy inhibition. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;491:946-952 pubmed publisher..MiR-30a therefore could serve as a novel therapeutic agent for the effective treatment of medulloblastoma by inhibiting autophagy that is known to play important role in cancer cell growth, survival and malignant behavior. ..
- Chang T, Xie J, Li H, Li D, Liu P, Hu Y. MicroRNA-30a promotes extracellular matrix degradation in articular cartilage via downregulation of Sox9. Cell Prolif. 2016;49:207-18 pubmed publisher..miR-30a acts as a virulence MRA in OA, promoting ECM degradation by targeting Sox9 and by modulating activity of its downstream effectors Col II and proteoglycan aggrecan. ..
- Liu M, Huang F, Zhang D, Ju J, Wu X, Wang Y, et al. Heterochromatin protein HP1? promotes colorectal cancer progression and is regulated by miR-30a. Cancer Res. 2015;75:4593-604 pubmed publisher..Our results identify a new miR-30a/HP1?/p21 regulatory axis controlling colorectal cancer development, which may offer prognostic and therapeutic opportunities. ..
- Liu S, Zhang F, Shugart Y, Yang L, Li X, Liu Z, et al. The early growth response protein 1-miR-30a-5p-neurogenic differentiation factor 1 axis as a novel biomarker for schizophrenia diagnosis and treatment monitoring. Transl Psychiatry. 2017;7:e998 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest the EGR1-miR-30a-5p-NEUROD1 axis might serve as a promising biomarker for diagnosis and treatment monitoring for those patients in acute psychotic state. ..
- Zheng B, Zhu H, Gu D, Pan X, Qian L, Xue B, et al. MiRNA-30a-mediated autophagy inhibition sensitizes renal cell carcinoma cells to sorafenib. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;459:234-239 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that dysregulation of miR-30a in RCC may interfere with the effectiveness of sorafenib-mediated apoptosis by an autophagy-dependent pathway, thus representing a novel potential therapeutic target for RCC. ..
- Liu K, Guo L, Guo Y, Zhou B, Li T, Yang H, et al. AEG-1 3'-untranslated region functions as a ceRNA in inducing epithelial-mesenchymal transition of human non-small cell lung cancer by regulating miR-30a activity. Eur J Cell Biol. 2015;94:22-31 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our findings demonstrated a competitive endogenous RNAs regulatory network which will help understand the metastasis mechanisms of lung cancer and improve the prevention and treatment of lung cancer. ..
- Lin J, Horikawa Y, Tamboli P, Clague J, Wood C, Wu X. Genetic variations in microRNA-related genes are associated with survival and recurrence in patients with renal cell carcinoma. Carcinogenesis. 2010;31:1805-12 pubmed publisher..Future investigation in larger populations and functional characterizations are necessary to validate these results. ..
- Zeng R, Zhang W, Yan X, Ye Z, Chen E, Huang D, et al. Down-regulation of miRNA-30a in human plasma is a novel marker for breast cancer. Med Oncol. 2013;30:477 pubmed publisher..And no other clinicopathological features were found to had significant difference. Our findings suggest that plasma miRNA-30a decreased in patients with BC and has great potential to use as novel biomarkers for BC diagnosis. ..
- Li L, Kang L, Zhao W, Feng Y, Liu W, Wang T, et al. miR-30a-5p suppresses breast tumor growth and metastasis through inhibition of LDHA-mediated Warburg effect. Cancer Lett. 2017;400:89-98 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide clues regarding the role of miR-30a-5p as a tumor suppressor in breast cancer through the inhibition of LDHA. Targeting LDHA through miR-30a-5p could be a potential therapeutic strategy in breast cancer. ..
- Zhou Q, Yang M, Lan H, Yu X. miR-30a negatively regulates TGF-?1-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition and peritoneal fibrosis by targeting Snai1. Am J Pathol. 2013;183:808-19 pubmed publisher..Blockade of peritoneal fibrosis by overexpressing miR-30a in a rat model of PD reveals a therapeutic potential of miR-30a for peritoneal fibrosis associated with PD. ..
- Boufraqech M, Nilubol N, Zhang L, Gara S, Sadowski S, Mehta A, et al. miR30a inhibits LOX expression and anaplastic thyroid cancer progression. Cancer Res. 2015;75:367-77 pubmed publisher..In this study, we report losses in expression of the miRNA miR30a, which is downregulated in ATC compared with differentiated thyroid cancer and normal tissue...
- Park Y, Kim S, Lee M, Seo S, Lee J, Kim S, et al. MicroRNA-30a-5p (miR-30a) regulates cell motility and EMT by directly targeting oncogenic TM4SF1 in colorectal cancer. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2017;143:1915-1927 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that miR-30a is an important regulator of TM4SF1, VEGF, and E-cadherin for CRC lymph node metastasis, a potential new therapeutic target in CRC. ..
- Wang W, Qu X, Yu X, Lv W, Yu H. Analysis of the expression of HMGB-1, CXCL16, miRNA-30a, and TGF-Î²1 in primary nephritic syndrome patients and its significance. Genet Mol Res. 2015;14:9841-8 pubmed publisher..01). HMGB-1, CXCL16, miRNA-30a, and urinary TGF-ÃŸ1 were highly expressed in PNS patients and may play important roles in the pathogenesis and development of PNS. ..
- Nakagawa Y, Nishikimi T, Kuwahara K, Fujishima A, Oka S, Tsutamoto T, et al. MiR30-GALNT1/2 Axis-Mediated Glycosylation Contributes to the Increased Secretion of Inactive Human Prohormone for Brain Natriuretic Peptide (proBNP) From Failing Hearts. J Am Heart Assoc. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..We have elucidated a novel miR-30-GALNT1/2 axis whose dysregulation increases the proportion of inactive proBNP secreted by the heart and impairs the compensatory actions of BNP during the progression of heart failure. ..
- Che S, Sun T, Wang J, Jiao Y, Wang C, Meng Q, et al. miR-30 overexpression promotes glioma stem cells by regulating Jak/STAT3 signaling pathway. Tumour Biol. 2015;36:6805-11 pubmed publisher..Collectively, there is a regulatory pathway consisting of miR-30, SOCS3, and Jak/STAT3 in GSCs, and targeting this pathway may be a promising strategy to treat glioma. ..
- Long G, Wang F, Li H, Yin Z, Sandip C, Lou Y, et al. Circulating miR-30a, miR-126 and let-7b as biomarker for ischemic stroke in humans. BMC Neurol. 2013;13:178 pubmed publisher..92, 0.94, 0.93 and 0.92, and let-7b were 0.93, 0.92, 0.92 and 0.91 at 24 h, 1 w, 4 w and 24 w, respectively. These data suggest that miR-30a, miR-126 and let-7b might be useful biomarkers for ischemic stroke in humans. ..
- Zhu J, Zeng Y, Li W, Qin H, Lei Z, Shen D, et al. CD73/NT5E is a target of miR-30a-5p and plays an important role in the pathogenesis of non-small cell lung cancer. Mol Cancer. 2017;16:34 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a new post-transcriptional mechanism of CD73 regulation via miR-30a-5p and EGFR-related drug resistance in non-small cell lung cancer. ..
- Sestito R, Cianfrocca R, RosanÃ² L, Tocci P, Semprucci E, Di Castro V, et al. miR-30a inhibits endothelin A receptor and chemoresistance in ovarian carcinoma. Oncotarget. 2016;7:4009-23 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, our findings highlight that blockade of ETAR regulatory axis is the mechanism underlying the tumor suppressor function of miR-30a in chemoresistant EOC cells. ..
- Ortega M, Bhatnagar H, Lin A, Wang L, Aster J, Sill H, et al. A microRNA-mediated regulatory loop modulates NOTCH and MYC oncogenic signals in B- and T-cell malignancies. Leukemia. 2015;29:968-76 pubmed publisher..These data define the presence of a miRNA-mediated regulatory circuitry that may modulate the oncogenic signals originating from NOTCH and MYC. ..
- Heinzelmann J, Unrein A, Wickmann U, Baumgart S, Stapf M, Szendroi A, et al. MicroRNAs with prognostic potential for metastasis in clear cell renal cell carcinoma: a comparison of primary tumors and distant metastases. Ann Surg Oncol. 2014;21:1046-54 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our study suggests a functional role of miR-30c in metastasis. The miRNAs could be a helpful tool for individual follow-up prediction and personalized therapy selection. ..
- Wang C, Cai L, Liu J, Wang G, Li H, Wang X, et al. MicroRNA-30a-5p Inhibits the Growth of Renal Cell Carcinoma by Modulating GRP78 Expression. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;43:2405-2419 pubmed publisher..Thus, miR-30-GRP78 interaction provides a novel therapeutic candidate target in ccRCC treatment. ..
- Okada C, Yamashita E, Lee S, Shibata S, Katahira J, Nakagawa A, et al. A high-resolution structure of the pre-microRNA nuclear export machinery. Science. 2009;326:1275-9 pubmed publisher..RNA recognition by Exp-5:RanGTP does not depend on RNA sequence, implying that Exp-5:RanGTP can recognize a variety of pre-miRNAs. ..
- Li Y, Li Y, Chen D, Jin L, Su Z, Liu J, et al. miR?30a?5p in the tumorigenesis of renal cell carcinoma: A tumor suppressive microRNA. Mol Med Rep. 2016;13:4085-94 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that miR?30a?5p has a tumor?suppressive role in the tumorigenesis of RCC. ..
- Zhou J, Gong G, Tan H, Dai F, Zhu X, Chen Y, et al. Urinary microRNA-30a-5p is a potential biomarker for ovarian serous adenocarcinoma. Oncol Rep. 2015;33:2915-23 pubmed publisher..Therefore, miR-30a-5p serves as a promising diagnostic and therapeutic target for ovarian serous adenocarcinoma. ..
- Zhu J, Zeng Y, Xu C, Qin H, Lei Z, Shen D, et al. Expression profile analysis of microRNAs and downregulated miR-486-5p and miR-30a-5p in non-small cell lung cancer. Oncol Rep. 2015;34:1779-86 pubmed publisher..Thus, the results are of importance for clinical investigators and for those who design miRNAâ€‘based novel cancer therapeutics. ..
- Peng R, Zhou L, Zhou Y, Zhao Y, Li Q, Ni D, et al. MiR-30a Inhibits the Epithelial--Mesenchymal Transition of Podocytes through Downregulation of NFATc3. Int J Mol Sci. 2015;16:24032-47 pubmed publisher..In summary, we uncovered the protective function of miR30a targeting NFATc3 in the regulation of podocyte injury response to EMT.
- Sun L, Chen Y, Su Q, Tang X, Liang Y, Che G, et al. Increased Plasma miRNA-30a as a Biomarker for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. Med Sci Monit. 2016;22:647-55 pubmed..4%, respectively, in the analysis based on in-patients only. CONCLUSIONS All these results suggest that plasma miRNA-30a measurement may be a novel and noninvasive method for NSCLC preliminary screening and differential diagnosis. ..
- Patnaik S, Kannisto E, Yendamuri S. Overexpression of microRNA miR-30a or miR-191 in A549 lung cancer or BEAS-2B normal lung cell lines does not alter phenotype. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9219 pubmed publisher..Using microarray data from whole tumors to select specific miRNAs for functional study may be a suboptimal strategy. ..
- Liu Y, Park Y, Kim S, Lee S, Kim S. MicroRNA-30a Inhibits Colorectal Cancer Metastasis Through Down-Regulation of Type I Insulin-Like Growth Factor Receptor. Dig Dis Sci. 2017;62:3040-3049 pubmed publisher..The IGF1R expression level is also up-regulated in CRC tumors and inversely correlated with miR-30a in CRC specimens. miR-30a functions as a tumor-suppressive miRNA, which may provide a therapeutic strategy for metastasis of CRC. ..
- Fuster O, Llop M, Dolz S, García P, Such E, Ibañez M, et al. Adverse prognostic value of MYBL2 overexpression and association with microRNA-30 family in acute myeloid leukemia patients. Leuk Res. 2013;37:1690-6 pubmed publisher..6, 95% CI 1.2-5.6, P=0.015) in patients with an intermediate-risk karyotype. In conclusion, our data showed that MYBL2 expression analysis could be useful to define subgroups of patients with poor prognosis. ..
- Lu N, Lin T, Wang L, Qi M, Liu Z, Dong H, et al. Association of SOX4 regulated by tumor suppressor miR-30a with poor prognosis in low-grade chondrosarcoma. Tumour Biol. 2015;36:3843-52 pubmed publisher..In all, we identified that SOX4 was oncogenic in chondrosarcoma and negatively regulated by miR-30a in vitro. Importantly, SOX4 overexpression may serve as a prognostic marker for patients with low-histological-grade chondrosarcoma. ..
- Jiang D, Zheng X, Shan W, Shan Y. The overexpression of miR-30a affects cell proliferation of chondrosarcoma via targeting Runx2. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:5933-40 pubmed publisher..Thus, miR-30a/Runx2 may have an important role in treatment of CS patients. ..
- Yuan Y, Zheng S, Li Q, Xiang X, Gao T, Ran P, et al. Overexpression of miR-30a in lung adenocarcinoma A549 cell line inhibits migration and invasion via targeting EYA2. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2016;48:220-8 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that miR-30a may be used as a new potential target for the treatment of lung adenocarcinoma in the future. ..
- He R, Yang L, Lin X, Chen X, Lin X, Wei F, et al. MiR-30a-5p suppresses cell growth and enhances apoptosis of hepatocellular carcinoma cells via targeting AEG-1. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:15632-41 pubmed..MiR-30a-5p may play an essential role in the cell growth and apoptosis of HCC cells, partially via targeting AEG-1. ..
- Zhang T, Tian F, Wang J, Jing J, Zhou S, Chen Y. Endothelial Cell Autophagy in Atherosclerosis is Regulated by miR-30-Mediated Translational Control of ATG6. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2015;37:1369-78 pubmed publisher..Upregulation of miR-30 by HFD may impair the protective effects of endothelial cell autophagy against development of atherosclerosis through suppressing protein translation of ATG6. ..
- Li W, Dai H, Ou Q, Zuo G, Liu C. Overexpression of microRNA-30a-5p inhibits liver cancer cell proliferation and induces apoptosis by targeting MTDH/PTEN/AKT pathway. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:5885-95 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that underexpression of miR-30a-5p might function as a tumor suppressing miRNA by directly targeting MTDH in HCC and is therefore a potential candidate biomarker for HCC targeting therapy. ..
- Guo Y, Sun W, Gong T, Chai Y, Wang J, Hui B, et al. miR-30a radiosensitizes non-small cell lung cancer by targeting ATF1 that is involved in the phosphorylation of ATM. Oncol Rep. 2017;37:1980-1988 pubmed publisher..Together, our results demonstrated that miR-30a may modulate the radiosensitivity of NSCLC through reducing the function of ATF1 in phosphorylation of ATM and have potential therapeutic value. ..
- Yang X, Chen Y, Chen L. The Versatile Role of microRNA-30a in Human Cancer. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;41:1616-1632 pubmed publisher..Clinically, miR-30a may serve as a potential target in the diagnosis and therapy of human cancer. ..
- Liu Z, Tu K, Liu Q. Effects of microRNA-30a on migration, invasion and prognosis of hepatocellular carcinoma. FEBS Lett. 2014;588:3089-97 pubmed publisher..We identified SNAI1 as a direct target of miR-30a and demonstrated miR-30a as a novel regulator of EMT by targeting SNAI1, indicating its potential therapeutic value for reducing invasion and metastasis of HCC. ..
- Boguslawska J, Sokol E, Rybicka B, Czubaty A, Rodzik K, Piekielko Witkowska A. microRNAs target SRSF7 splicing factor to modulate the expression of osteopontin splice variants in renal cancer cells. Gene. 2016;595:142-149 pubmed publisher..Finally, we demonstrate that silencing of SRSF7 affects the expression of osteopontin splice variants and decreases proliferation rate of renal cancer cells. ..
- Tsukasa K, Ding Q, Miyazaki Y, Matsubara S, Natsugoe S, Takao S. miR-30 family promotes migratory and invasive abilities in CD133(+) pancreatic cancer stem-like cells. Hum Cell. 2016;29:130-7 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that targeted therapies to the miR-30 family contribute to the development of novel therapies for CD133(+) pancreatic cancer stem cells. ..
- Han X, Zhen S, Ye Z, Lu J, Wang L, Li P, et al. A Feedback Loop Between miR-30a/c-5p and DNMT1 Mediates Cisplatin Resistance in Ovarian Cancer Cells. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;41:973-986 pubmed publisher..A feedback loop between miR-30a/c-5p and DNMT1 is a potent signature for cisplatin-resistance and EMT in ovarian cancer, promising a potential target for improved anti-cancer treatment. ..
- Zhang S, Liu H, Liu Y, Zhang J, Li H, Liu W, et al. miR-30a as Potential Therapeutics by Targeting TET1 through Regulation of Drp-1 Promoter Hydroxymethylation in Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..Furthermore, miR-30a could act as a potential therapeutic target for IPF. ..
- Wang Z, Dai X, Chen Y, Sun C, Zhu Q, Zhao H, et al. MiR-30a-5p is induced by Wnt/Î²-catenin pathway and promotes glioma cell invasion by repressing NCAM. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;465:374-80 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate a novel Wnt/Î²-catenin-miR-30a-5p-NCAM regulatory axis which plays important roles in controlling glioma cell invasion and tumorigenesis. ..
- Wu Z, Li W, Lin S, Wang C, Cai L, Lu J, et al. MicroRNA expression profile of bromocriptine-resistant prolactinomas. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2014;395:10-8 pubmed publisher..Mir-93 directly affected p21 expression in MMQ cells by targeting the 3'-UTR. Our study is the first to identify a miRNA expression profile associated with bromocriptine-resistant prolactinoma. ..
- Volkmann I, Kumarswamy R, Pfaff N, Fiedler J, Dangwal S, Holzmann A, et al. MicroRNA-mediated epigenetic silencing of sirtuin1 contributes to impaired angiogenic responses. Circ Res. 2013;113:997-1003 pubmed publisher..TGF-? impairs endothelial angiogenic responses partly by downregulating miR-30a-3p and subsequent derepression of MeCP2-mediated epigenetic silencing of Sirt1. ..
- Xu R, Liu S, Chen H, Lao L. MicroRNA-30a downregulation contributes to chemoresistance of osteosarcoma cells through activating Beclin-1-mediated autophagy. Oncol Rep. 2016;35:1757-63 pubmed publisher..Collectively these results indicate miR-30a and its downstream target gene Beclin-1 can be used in treatment of osteosarcoma chemo-resistance in the future. ..