Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR29B2
Description: microRNA 29b-2
Alias: MIRN29B2, mir-29b-2
- Li Y, Chen G, Wang J, Zou T, Liu L, Xiao L, et al. Post-transcriptional regulation of Wnt co-receptor LRP6 and RNA-binding protein HuR by miR-29b in intestinal epithelial cells. Biochem J. 2016;473:1641-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that miR-29b inhibits expression of LRP6 and HuR post-transcriptionally, thus playing a role in the regulation of IEC proliferation and intestinal epithelial homoeostasis. ..
- Subramanian M, Rao S, Thacker P, Chatterjee S, Karunagaran D. MiR-29b downregulates canonical Wnt signaling by suppressing coactivators of ?-catenin in human colorectal cancer cells. J Cell Biochem. 2014;115:1974-84 pubmed publisher..These results have unraveled a novel role of miR-29b in Wnt signaling in human colorectal cancer cells with implications in the treatment of colorectal cancer. ..
- Luna C, Li G, Qiu J, Epstein D, Gonzalez P. Role of miR-29b on the regulation of the extracellular matrix in human trabecular meshwork cells under chronic oxidative stress. Mol Vis. 2009;15:2488-97 pubmed
- Marsh E, Steinberg M, Parker J, Wu J, Chakravarti D, Bulun S. Decreased expression of microRNA-29 family in leiomyoma contributes to increased major fibrillar collagen production. Fertil Steril. 2016;106:766-72 pubmed publisher..When miRNA-29 members are overexpressed in leiomyoma cells, protein levels of all of the major fibrillar collagens decrease. The miRNA-29 members are potential therapeutic targets in this highly prevalent condition. ..
- Zhou Q, Costinean S, Croce C, Brasier A, Merwat S, Larson S, et al. MicroRNA 29 targets nuclear factor-ÎºB-repressing factor and Claudin 1 to increase intestinal permeability. Gastroenterology. 2015;148:158-169.e8 pubmed publisher..Strategies to block MIR29 might be developed to restore intestinal permeability in patients with IBS-D. ..
- Hwang H, Wentzel E, Mendell J. A hexanucleotide element directs microRNA nuclear import. Science. 2007;315:97-100 pubmed..Our results indicate that miRNAs sharing common 5' sequences, considered to be largely redundant, might have distinct functions because of the influence of cis-acting regulatory motifs. ..
- Rostas J, Pruitt H, Metge B, Mitra A, Bailey S, Bae S, et al. microRNA-29 negatively regulates EMT regulator N-myc interactor in breast cancer. Mol Cancer. 2014;13:200 pubmed publisher..Aberrant miR-29 expression may account for reduced NMI expression in breast tumors and mesenchymal phenotype of cancer cells that promotes invasive growth. Reduction in NMI levels has a feed-forward impact on miR-29 levels. ..
- Wu S, Fu X, Huang J, Jia T, Zong F, Mu S, et al. Genome-wide analysis of YB-1-RNA interactions reveals a novel role of YB-1 in miRNA processing in glioblastoma multiforme. Nucleic Acids Res. 2015;43:8516-28 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings reveal a novel function of YB-1 in regulating non-coding RNA expression, which has important implications in tumorigenesis. ..
- Le L, Swingler T, Crowe N, Vincent T, Barter M, Donell S, et al. The microRNA-29 family in cartilage homeostasis and osteoarthritis. J Mol Med (Berl). 2016;94:583-96 pubmed publisher..The miR-29 family is regulated by TGF-Î²1 and IL-1 in chondrocytes. The miR-29 family negatively regulates Smad, NFÎºB, and canonical Wnt signalling. Several Wnt-related genes are direct targets of the miR-29 family. ..
- Sampath D, Liu C, Vasan K, Sulda M, Puduvalli V, Wierda W, et al. Histone deacetylases mediate the silencing of miR-15a, miR-16, and miR-29b in chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Blood. 2012;119:1162-72 pubmed publisher..Consequently, CLL patients who exhibit such epigenetic silencing may benefit from HDAC inhibitor-based therapy...
- Amodio N, Stamato M, Gullà A, Morelli E, Romeo E, Raimondi L, et al. Therapeutic Targeting of miR-29b/HDAC4 Epigenetic Loop in Multiple Myeloma. Mol Cancer Ther. 2016;15:1364-75 pubmed publisher..Mol Cancer Ther; 15(6); 1364-75. ©2016 AACR. ..
- Nijhuis A, Curciarello R, Mehta S, Feakins R, Bishop C, Lindsay J, et al. MCL-1 is modulated in Crohn's disease fibrosis by miR-29b via IL-6 and IL-8. Cell Tissue Res. 2017;368:325-335 pubmed publisher..We propose that an anti-fibrotic miR-29b/IL-6 IL-8/MCL-1L axis may influence intestinal fibrosis in CD. In the future, therapeutic modulation of this pathway might contribute to the management of fibrosis in CD. ..
- Shen J, Ambrosone C, Zhao H. Novel genetic variants in microRNA genes and familial breast cancer. Int J Cancer. 2009;124:1178-82 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that functional genetic variants in miRNA genes can potentially alter the regulation of key breast cancer genes. Whether they confer genetic susceptibility to breast cancer remains to be determined. ..
- Takayama K, Misawa A, Suzuki T, Takagi K, Hayashizaki Y, Fujimura T, et al. TET2 repression by androgen hormone regulates global hydroxymethylation status and prostate cancer progression. Nat Commun. 2015;6:8219 pubmed publisher..A reduction in 5-hmC activates PCa-related key pathways such as mTOR and AR. Thus, DNA modification directly links the TET2-dependent epigenetic pathway regulated by AR to 5-hmC-mediated tumour progression. ..
- Yuan L, Zhou C, Lu Y, Hong M, Zhang Z, Zhang Z, et al. IFN-Î³-mediated IRF1/miR-29b feedback loop suppresses colorectal cancer cell growth and metastasis by repressing IGF1. Cancer Lett. 2015;359:136-47 pubmed publisher..A positive feedback loop between IRF1 and miR-29b may contribute to the sensitivity of CRC cells to IFN-Î³. Targeting miR-29b may provide a strategy for blocking CRC growth and metastasis. ..
- Wang B, Li W, Liu H, Yang L, Liao Q, Cui S, et al. miR-29b suppresses tumor growth and metastasis in colorectal cancer via downregulating Tiam1 expression and inhibiting epithelial-mesenchymal transition. Cell Death Dis. 2014;5:e1335 pubmed publisher..Our results illustrated that miR-29b as a suppressor has a critical role in CRC progression, which suggests its potential role in the molecular therapy of patients with advanced CRC...
- Kaneto C, Lima P, Zanette D, Prata K, Pina Neto J, de Paula F, et al. COL1A1 and miR-29b show lower expression levels during osteoblast differentiation of bone marrow stromal cells from Osteogenesis Imperfecta patients. BMC Med Genet. 2014;15:45 pubmed publisher..Taken together, results indicate that the lower levels observed in OI samples were not sufficient for the induction of miR-29b. ..
- Wang J, Chu E, Chen H, Man K, Go M, Huang X, et al. microRNA-29b prevents liver fibrosis by attenuating hepatic stellate cell activation and inducing apoptosis through targeting PI3K/AKT pathway. Oncotarget. 2015;6:7325-38 pubmed..In conclusion, miR-29b prevents liver fibrogenesis by inhibiting HSC activation and inducing HSC apoptosis through inhibiting PI3K/AKT pathway. These results provide novel mechanistic insights for the anti-fibrotic effect of miR-29b. ..
- Yang C, Deng Y, Tang J, Cheng S, Chen S, Li Y, et al. MicroRNA-29b regulates migration in oral squamous cell carcinoma and its clinical significance. Oral Oncol. 2015;51:170-7 pubmed publisher..MiR-29b acts as an oncomir, promoting cell migration through CX3CL1 suppression, and could be a potential therapeutic target for preventing OSCC progression. ..
- Yan B, Guo Q, Nan X, Wang Z, Yin Z, Yi L, et al. Micro-ribonucleic acid 29b inhibits cell proliferation and invasion and enhances cell apoptosis and chemotherapy effects of cisplatin via targeting of DNMT3b and AKT3 in prostate cancer. Onco Targets Ther. 2015;8:557-65 pubmed publisher..It inhibits cell biological behavior and enhances the chemotherapy effects of cisplatin through its involvement in epigenetic regulation and PI3K/AKT pathway. ..
- Langsch S, Baumgartner U, Haemmig S, Schlup C, Schäfer S, Berezowska S, et al. miR-29b Mediates NF-?B Signaling in KRAS-Induced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancers. Cancer Res. 2016;76:4160-9 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results reveal a complexity in cancer for miR-29b, which can act as either an oncogene or tumor suppressor gene depending on signaling context. Cancer Res; 76(14); 4160-9. ©2016 AACR. ..
- Maegdefessel L, Azuma J, Toh R, Merk D, Deng A, Chin J, et al. Inhibition of microRNA-29b reduces murine abdominal aortic aneurysm development. J Clin Invest. 2012;122:497-506 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that therapeutic manipulation of miR-29b and its target genes holds promise for limiting AAA disease progression and protecting from rupture. ..
- Zhao X, Zhu X, Cheng S, Xie Y, Wang Z, Liu Y, et al. MiR-29a/b/c regulate human circadian gene hPER1 expression by targeting its 3'UTR. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2014;46:313-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings suggested that the expression of hPER1 is regulated by miR-29a/b/c, which may also provide a new clue for the function of hPER1. ..
- Beltrami C, Besnier M, Shantikumar S, Shearn A, Rajakaruna C, Laftah A, et al. Human Pericardial Fluid Contains Exosomes Enriched with Cardiovascular-Expressed MicroRNAs and Promotes Therapeutic Angiogenesis. Mol Ther. 2017;25:679-693 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data support the concept that PF exosomes orchestrate vascular repair via miRNA transfer. ..
- Andrews M, Cursons J, Hurley D, Anaka M, Cebon J, Behren A, et al. Systems analysis identifies miR-29b regulation of invasiveness in melanoma. Mol Cancer. 2016;15:72 pubmed..Computational scripts are available: http://github.com/uomsystemsbiology/LMMEL-miR-miner. ..
- Boon R, Seeger T, Heydt S, Fischer A, Hergenreider E, Horrevoets A, et al. MicroRNA-29 in aortic dilation: implications for aneurysm formation. Circ Res. 2011;109:1115-9 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of miR-29 in vivo abrogates aortic dilation in mice, suggesting that miR-29 may represent a novel molecular target to augment matrix synthesis and maintain vascular wall structural integrity. ..
- Zhang X, Wang L, Su D, Zhu D, Li Q, Chi M. MicroRNA-29b promotes the adipogenic differentiation of human adipose tissue-derived stromal cells. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2016;24:1097-105 pubmed publisher..This study investigated the regulatory role of miR-29b during the adipogenic differentiation of ADSCs and found that miR-29b is an effective positive regulator of adipogenesis. ..
- Kinoshita T, Nohata N, Hanazawa T, Kikkawa N, Yamamoto N, Yoshino H, et al. Tumour-suppressive microRNA-29s inhibit cancer cell migration and invasion by targeting laminin-integrin signalling in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Br J Cancer. 2013;109:2636-45 pubmed publisher..Recognition of tumour-suppressive miRNA-mediated cancer pathways provides new insights into the potential mechanisms of HNSCC oncogenesis and metastasis and suggests novel therapeutic strategies for the disease. ..
- Qin H, Zhu X, Liang J, Wu J, Yang Y, Wang S, et al. MicroRNA-29b contributes to DNA hypomethylation of CD4+ T cells in systemic lupus erythematosus by indirectly targeting DNA methyltransferase 1. J Dermatol Sci. 2013;69:61-7 pubmed publisher..The overexpression of miR-29b contributes to the reduction of DNMT1 levels and thereby DNA hypomethylation in SLE. This finding provides potential novel strategies for therapeutic interventions. ..
- Steele R, Mott J, Ray R. MBP-1 upregulates miR-29b that represses Mcl-1, collagens, and matrix-metalloproteinase-2 in prostate cancer cells. Genes Cancer. 2010;1:381-387 pubmed
- Kurinna S, SchÃ¤fer M, Ostano P, Karouzakis E, Chiorino G, Bloch W, et al. A novel Nrf2-miR-29-desmocollin-2 axis regulates desmosome function in keratinocytes. Nat Commun. 2014;5:5099 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that a novel Nrf2-miR-29-Dsc2 axis controls desmosome function and cutaneous homeostasis. ..
- Xu Y, Zhu J, Lei Z, Wan L, Zhu X, Ye F, et al. Expression and functional role of miR-29b in renal cell carcinoma. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:14161-70 pubmed..These data suggest that miR-29b acts as an oncomiR, promoting proliferation and invasion ability through KIF1B suppression, and it might be a potential marker for prognosis of RCC. ..
- Amodio N, Di Martino M, Foresta U, Leone E, Lionetti M, Leotta M, et al. miR-29b sensitizes multiple myeloma cells to bortezomib-induced apoptosis through the activation of a feedback loop with the transcription factor Sp1. Cell Death Dis. 2012;3:e436 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that miR-29b is involved in a regulatory loop amenable of pharmacologic intervention and modulates the anti-MM activity of bortezomib in MM cells. ..
- Zhang H, Cheng Y, Jia C, Yu S, Xiao Y, Chen J. MicroRNA-29s could target AKT2 to inhibit gastric cancer cells invasion ability. Med Oncol. 2015;32:342 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings suggested that AKT2 may be one of the targets of miR29s in gastric cancer. By increasing the expression of miR-29s or decreasing AKT2 expression may be promising in combating with GC. ..
- Ogawa T, Iizuka M, Sekiya Y, Yoshizato K, Ikeda K, Kawada N. Suppression of type I collagen production by microRNA-29b in cultured human stellate cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;391:316-21 pubmed publisher..It is anticipated that miR-29b will be used for the regulation of stellate cell activation and lead to antifibrotic therapy. ..