Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR29A
Description: microRNA 29a
Alias: MIRN29, MIRN29A, hsa-mir-29, hsa-mir-29a, miRNA29A
- Wang H, Garzon R, Sun H, Ladner K, Singh R, Dahlman J, et al. NF-kappaB-YY1-miR-29 regulatory circuitry in skeletal myogenesis and rhabdomyosarcoma. Cancer Cell. 2008;14:369-81 pubmed publisher..Together, these results identify a NF-kappaB-YY1-miR-29 regulatory circuit whose disruption may contribute to RMS. ..
- Wang L, Gu J. Serum microRNA-29a is a promising novel marker for early detection of colorectal liver metastasis. Cancer Epidemiol. 2012;36:e61-7 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that serum miR-29a has strong potential as a novel noninvasive biomarker for early detection of CRC with liver metastasis. ..
- Zhao J, Lin J, Lwin T, Yang H, Guo J, Kong W, et al. microRNA expression profile and identification of miR-29 as a prognostic marker and pathogenetic factor by targeting CDK6 in mantle cell lymphoma. Blood. 2010;115:2630-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings provide not only miRNA expression signature but also a novel prognostic marker and pathogenetic factor for this malignancy. ..
- Desjobert C, Renalier M, Bergalet J, Dejean E, Joseph N, Kruczynski A, et al. MiR-29a down-regulation in ALK-positive anaplastic large cell lymphomas contributes to apoptosis blockade through MCL-1 overexpression. Blood. 2011;117:6627-37 pubmed publisher..Thus, synthetic miR-29a represents a potential new tool to affect tumorigenesis in these lymphomas. ..
- Mott J, Kurita S, Cazanave S, Bronk S, Werneburg N, Fernandez Zapico M. Transcriptional suppression of mir-29b-1/mir-29a promoter by c-Myc, hedgehog, and NF-kappaB. J Cell Biochem. 2010;110:1155-64 pubmed publisher..Thus, in addition to c-Myc, mir-29 expression can be suppressed by hedgehog signaling and inflammatory pathways, both commonly activated in the genesis of human malignancies. ..
- Villarreal G, Oh D, Kang M, Rhee D. Coordinated regulation of extracellular matrix synthesis by the microRNA-29 family in the trabecular meshwork. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2011;52:3391-7 pubmed publisher..In this study, the authors investigate the role of the miR-29 family in the regulation of ECM synthesis in the trabecular meshwork (TM) under basal and TGF-?2 stimulatory conditions...
- Du B, Ma L, Huang M, Zhou H, Huang H, Shao P, et al. High glucose down-regulates miR-29a to increase collagen IV production in HK-2 cells. FEBS Lett. 2010;584:811-6 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that miR-29a acts as a repressor to fine-tune collagen expression and that the reduction of miR-29a caused by high glucose may increase the risk of excess collagen deposition in PTCs. ..
- Xu H, Cheung I, Guo H, Cheung N. MicroRNA miR-29 modulates expression of immunoinhibitory molecule B7-H3: potential implications for immune based therapy of human solid tumors. Cancer Res. 2009;69:6275-81 pubmed publisher..Differential modulation of this key immunoinhibitory molecule in tumor versus normal tissues may advance both cell-mediated immunotherapy and antibody-based targeted strategies using the B7-H3-specific mAb 8H9. ..
- Ahluwalia J, Khan S, Soni K, Rawat P, Gupta A, Hariharan M, et al. Human cellular microRNA hsa-miR-29a interferes with viral nef protein expression and HIV-1 replication. Retrovirology. 2008;5:117 pubmed publisher..Our results show that the cellular miRNA hsa-miR29a downregulates the expression of Nef protein and interferes with HIV-1 replication.
- Amodio N, Leotta M, Bellizzi D, Di Martino M, D Aquila P, Lionetti M, et al. DNA-demethylating and anti-tumor activity of synthetic miR-29b mimics in multiple myeloma. Oncotarget. 2012;3:1246-58 pubmed
- Weissmann Brenner A, Kushnir M, Lithwick Yanai G, Aharonov R, Gibori H, Purim O, et al. Tumor microRNA-29a expression and the risk of recurrence in stage II colon cancer. Int J Oncol. 2012;40:2097-103 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study demonstrated a significant impact of miR-29a on the risk of recurrence in patients with stage II but not in patients with stage I colon cancer. Based on these results, a validation study is planned. ..
- Kong G, Zhang J, Zhang S, Shan C, Ye L, Zhang X. Upregulated microRNA-29a by hepatitis B virus X protein enhances hepatoma cell migration by targeting PTEN in cell culture model. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19518 pubmed publisher..Thus, we conclude that miR-29a is involved in the regulation of migration of hepatoma cells mediated by HBx through PTEN in cell culture model. ..
- Xiong Y, Fang J, Yun J, Yang J, Zhang Y, Jia W, et al. Effects of microRNA-29 on apoptosis, tumorigenicity, and prognosis of hepatocellular carcinoma. Hepatology. 2010;51:836-45 pubmed publisher..Our data highlight an important role of miR-29 in the regulation of apoptosis and in the molecular etiology of HCC, and implicate the potential application of miR-29 in prognosis prediction and in cancer therapy. ..
- Peng H, Zhong M, Zhao W, Wang C, Zhang J, Liu X, et al. Urinary miR-29 correlates with albuminuria and carotid intima-media thickness in type 2 diabetes patients. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e82607 pubmed publisher..Therefore, they may have the potential to serve as alternative biomarker for diabetic nephropathy and atherosclerosis in type 2 diabetes. ..
- Zhu X, Dong Q, Zhang X, Deng B, Jia H, Ye Q, et al. microRNA-29a suppresses cell proliferation by targeting SPARC in hepatocellular carcinoma. Int J Mol Med. 2012;30:1321-6 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate that the expression of miR-29a is important in the regulation of the SPARC-AKT pathway and HCC growth. ..
- Kapinas K, Kessler C, Ricks T, Gronowicz G, Delany A. miR-29 modulates Wnt signaling in human osteoblasts through a positive feedback loop. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:25221-31 pubmed publisher..This novel regulatory circuit provides additional insight into how microRNAs interact with signaling molecules during osteoblast differentiation, allowing for fine-tuning of intricate cellular processes. ..
- Tao H, Chen Z, Yang J, Shi K. MicroRNA-29a suppresses cardiac fibroblasts proliferation via targeting VEGF-A/MAPK signal pathway. Int J Biol Macromol. 2016;88:414-23 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these results suggested that miRNA-29a suppresses cardiac fibrosis and fibroblasts proliferation via targeting VEGF-A/MAPK signal pathway implicating that miRNA-29a might play a role in the treatment of cardiac fibrosis. ..
- Chen L, Okeke E, Ayalew D, Wang D, Shahid L, Dokun A. Modulation of miR29a improves impaired post-ischemic angiogenesis in hyperglycemia. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2017;242:1432-1443 pubmed publisher..Here we investigated the role of miR29a in the regulation of endothelial cell ADAM12 expression in ischemia and how hyperglycemia negatively affects this ..
- Cho H, Kim S, Nam J, Kim J, Lee J, Kim B, et al. Low levels of circulating microRNA-26a/29a as poor prognostic markers in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma who underwent curative treatment. Clin Res Hepatol Gastroenterol. 2017;41:181-189 pubmed publisher..734, P<0.001). Pretreatment levels of circulating miR-26a and miR-29a are independent prognostic markers for poor disease-free survival and LT-free survival in hepatitis B virus-related HCC patients. ..
- Kurinna S, SchÃ¤fer M, Ostano P, Karouzakis E, Chiorino G, Bloch W, et al. A novel Nrf2-miR-29-desmocollin-2 axis regulates desmosome function in keratinocytes. Nat Commun. 2014;5:5099 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that a novel Nrf2-miR-29-Dsc2 axis controls desmosome function and cutaneous homeostasis. ..
- Vanden Oever M, Muldoon D, Mathews W, McElmurry R, Tolar J. miR-29 Regulates Type VII Collagen in Recessive Dystrophic Epidermolysis Bullosa. J Invest Dermatol. 2016;136:2013-2021 pubmed publisher..Collectively, we identify miR-29 as an important factor in both regulating COL7A1 and inhibiting transforming growth factor-?-mediated fibrosis. ..
- Lin L, Wang W, Hu Z, Wang L, Chang J, Qian H. Negative feedback of miR-29 family TET1 involves in hepatocellular cancer. Med Oncol. 2014;31:291 pubmed publisher..Thus, we elucidated the roles of feedback of miR-29-TET1 downregulation in HCC development and suggested a potential target in identification of the prognosis and application of cancer therapy for HCC patients. ..
- Zamani M, Sadeghizadeh M, Behmanesh M, Najafi F. Dendrosomal curcumin increases expression of the long non-coding RNA gene MEG3 via up-regulation of epi-miRs in hepatocellular cancer. Phytomedicine. 2015;22:961-7 pubmed publisher..05). DNC potentially can induce DNA hypomethylation and reexpression of silenced tumor suppressor genes in HCC. These data suggest that DNC could be an effective choice for epigenetic therapy of HCC. ..
- Zhao Z, Wang L, Song W, Cui H, Chen G, Qiao F, et al. Reduced miR-29a-3p expression is linked to the cell proliferation and cell migration in gastric cancer. World J Surg Oncol. 2015;13:101 pubmed publisher..Our preliminary results suggest that altered expression of miR-29a-3p is involved in gastric cancer process. The present study provides the first insight into the specific role of miR-29a-3p in gastric carcinogenesis. ..
- Ru P, Hu P, Geng F, Mo X, Cheng C, Yoo J, et al. Feedback Loop Regulation of SCAP/SREBP-1 by miR-29 Modulates EGFR Signaling-Driven Glioblastoma Growth. Cell Rep. 2016;16:1527-1535 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals a previously unrecognized negative feedback loop in SCAP/SREBP-1 signaling mediated by miR-29 and suggests that miR-29 treatment may represent an effective means to target GBM. ..
- Dinh T, Fendler W, Chałubińska Fendler J, Acharya S, O Leary C, Deraska P, et al. Circulating miR-29a and miR-150 correlate with delivered dose during thoracic radiation therapy for non-small cell lung cancer. Radiat Oncol. 2016;11:61 pubmed publisher..One may therefore hypothesize that outlier levels of circulating miR-29a-3p and miR-150-5p may eventually help predict unexpected responses to radiation therapy, such as toxicity. ..
- Wu H, Zhuo Y, Zhou Y, Wang X, Wang Y, Si C, et al. miR-29a promotes hepatitis B virus replication and expression by targeting SMARCE1 in hepatoma carcinoma. World J Gastroenterol. 2017;23:4569-4578 pubmed publisher..miR-29a promotes HBV replication and expression through regulating SMARCE1. As a potential regulator of HBV replication and expression, miR-29a could be a promising therapeutic target for patients with HBV infection. ..
- Gu Y, Bian Y, Xu X, Wang X, Zuo C, Meng J, et al. Downregulation of miR-29a/b/c in placenta accreta inhibits apoptosis of implantation site intermediate trophoblast cells by targeting MCL1. Placenta. 2016;48:13-19 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that in placenta accreta, miR-29a/b/c inhibits apoptosis of ISIT cells by targeting MCL1. These findings provide new insights into the pathogenesis of placenta accreta. ..
- Song X, Wang C, Geng X. MicroRNA-29a promotes apoptosis of monocytes by targeting STAT3 during sepsis. Genet Mol Res. 2015;14:13746-53 pubmed publisher..miR-29a could inhibit IL-10-induced cytokine release by targeting JAK-STAT3 in monocytes. In conclusion, this study demonstrates for the first time that miR-29a inhibits STAT3 in human monocytes during sepsis. ..
- Li C, Zhang P, Gu J. miR-29a modulates tumor necrosis factor-Î±-induced osteogenic inhibition by targeting Wnt antagonists. Dev Growth Differ. 2015;57:264-73 pubmed publisher..Our findings may provide new insight into the pathogenesis of the bone metabolism disorder in inflammation environment and provide promising therapeutic target. ..
- Smith K, Guerau de Arellano M, Costinean S, Williams J, Bottoni A, Mavrikis Cox G, et al. miR-29ab1 deficiency identifies a negative feedback loop controlling Th1 bias that is dysregulated in multiple sclerosis. J Immunol. 2012;189:1567-76 pubmed publisher..miR-29 thus serves as a novel regulator of Th1 differentiation, adding to the understanding of T cell-intrinsic regulatory mechanisms that maintain a balance between protective immunity and autoimmunity. ..
- Kinoshita T, Nohata N, Hanazawa T, Kikkawa N, Yamamoto N, Yoshino H, et al. Tumour-suppressive microRNA-29s inhibit cancer cell migration and invasion by targeting laminin-integrin signalling in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Br J Cancer. 2013;109:2636-45 pubmed publisher..Recognition of tumour-suppressive miRNA-mediated cancer pathways provides new insights into the potential mechanisms of HNSCC oncogenesis and metastasis and suggests novel therapeutic strategies for the disease. ..
- Le Quesne J. UTRly malignant: mRNA stability and the invasive phenotype in breast cancer. J Pathol. 2013;230:129-31 pubmed publisher..Such mechanisms have the potential to provide novel therapeutic targets, as well as being vital to further our understanding of cancer biology. ..
- Fang J, Hao Q, Liu L, Li Y, Wu J, Huo X, et al. Epigenetic changes mediated by microRNA miR29 activate cyclooxygenase 2 and lambda-1 interferon production during viral infection. J Virol. 2012;86:1010-20 pubmed publisher..Activation of the protein kinase A signaling pathway and phosphorylation of CREB1 also contributed to COX2 expression. Collectively, our work defines a novel proinflammatory cascade in the control of influenza A virus infection. ..
- Xie M, Li Y, Wu J, Wu J. Genetic variants in MiR-29a associated with high myopia. Ophthalmic Genet. 2016;37:456-458 pubmed
- Yang T, Liang Y, Lin Q, Liu J, Luo F, Li X, et al. miR-29 mediates TGF?1-induced extracellular matrix synthesis through activation of PI3K-AKT pathway in human lung fibroblasts. J Cell Biochem. 2013;114:1336-42 pubmed publisher..It indicates a novel biological function of the PI3K-Akt pathway in IMR90. Elevated expression of miR-29 may play an important role in the pathogenesis of diseases related to fibrogenic reactions in human lung fibroblasts. ..
- Mathsyaraja H, Thies K, Taffany D, Deighan C, Liu T, Yu L, et al. CSF1-ETS2-induced microRNA in myeloid cells promote metastatic tumor growth. Oncogene. 2015;34:3651-61 pubmed publisher..In addition, miR-21 and miR-29a in circulating myeloid cells may potentially serve as biomarkers to measure therapeutic efficacy of targeted therapies for CSF1 signaling. ..
- Ma J, Lin Y, Zhan M, Mann D, Stass S, Jiang F. Differential miRNA expressions in peripheral blood mononuclear cells for diagnosis of lung cancer. Lab Invest. 2015;95:1197-206 pubmed publisher..The study presents the first in-depth analysis of PBMC miRNA profile of NSCLC patients. The assessment of PBMC miRNAs may provide a new diagnostic approach for the early detection of NSCLC. ..
- Pasqualini L, Bu H, Puhr M, Narisu N, Rainer J, Schlick B, et al. miR-22 and miR-29a Are Members of the Androgen Receptor Cistrome Modulating LAMC1 and Mcl-1 in Prostate Cancer. Mol Endocrinol. 2015;29:1037-54 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data provide additional information regarding the complex regulatory machinery that guides miRNAs activity in PCa, highlighting an important contribution of miRNAs in the AR signaling. ..
- Mazzoccoli L, Robaina M, Apa A, Bonamino M, Pinto L, Queiroga E, et al. MiR-29 silencing modulates the expression of target genes related to proliferation, apoptosis and methylation in Burkitt lymphoma cells. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2018;144:483-497 pubmed publisher..Moreover, methylation-mediated miR-29 epigenetic silencing may occur during BL development. ..
- Marsh E, Steinberg M, Parker J, Wu J, Chakravarti D, Bulun S. Decreased expression of microRNA-29 family in leiomyoma contributes to increased major fibrillar collagen production. Fertil Steril. 2016;106:766-72 pubmed publisher..When miRNA-29 members are overexpressed in leiomyoma cells, protein levels of all of the major fibrillar collagens decrease. The miRNA-29 members are potential therapeutic targets in this highly prevalent condition. ..
- Zhong S, Li W, Chen Z, Xu J, Zhao J. MiR-222 and miR-29a contribute to the drug-resistance of breast cancer cells. Gene. 2013;531:8-14 pubmed publisher..The most importance is that we identify two miRNAs (miR-222 and miR-29a) involved in drug-resistance, at least in part via targeting PTEN. ..
- Serafin A, Foco L, Zanigni S, Blankenburg H, Picard A, Zanon A, et al. Overexpression of blood microRNAs 103a, 30b, and 29a in L-dopa-treated patients with PD. Neurology. 2015;84:645-53 pubmed publisher..Despite the preliminary character of our study, the results provide a rationale for further clarifying the role of the identified miRNAs in the pathogenesis of PD and for validating their diagnostic potential. ..
- Parpart S, Roessler S, Dong F, Rao V, Takai A, Ji J, et al. Modulation of miR-29 expression by Î±-fetoprotein is linked to the hepatocellular carcinoma epigenome. Hepatology. 2014;60:872-83 pubmed publisher..Tumor biology differs considerably between AFP+ HCC and AFP- HCC; AFP is a functional antagonist of miR-29, which may contribute to global epigenetic alterations and poor prognosis in HCC. ..
- Al Ahmadi W, Al Ghamdi M, Al Souhibani N, Khabar K. miR-29a inhibition normalizes HuR over-expression and aberrant AU-rich mRNA stability in invasive cancer. J Pathol. 2013;230:28-38 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that an aberrant ARE-mediated pathway in invasive cancer can be normalized by targeting the aberrant and functionally coupled TTP-HuR axis, indicating a potential therapeutic approach. ..
- Yu P, Yan M, Lai H, Huang R, Chou Y, Lin W, et al. Downregulation of miR-29 contributes to cisplatin resistance of ovarian cancer cells. Int J Cancer. 2014;134:542-51 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that overexpression of miR-29 is a potential sensitizer to cisplatin treatment that may have therapeutic implications. ..
- TrÃ©houx S, Lahdaoui F, Delpu Y, Renaud F, Leteurtre E, Torrisani J, et al. Micro-RNAs miR-29a and miR-330-5p function as tumor suppressors by targeting the MUC1 mucin in pancreatic cancer cells. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015;1853:2392-403 pubmed publisher..Altogether, we have identified miR-29a and miR-330-5p as two new tumor suppressive miRNAs that inhibit the expression of MUC1 oncogenic mucin in pancreatic cancer cells. ..
- Ranganathan P, Ngankeu A, Zitzer N, Leoncini P, Yu X, Casadei L, et al. Serum miR-29a Is Upregulated in Acute Graft-versus-Host Disease and Activates Dendritic Cells through TLR Binding. J Immunol. 2017;198:2500-2512 pubmed publisher..Treatment with locked nucleic acid anti-miR-29a significantly improved survival in a mouse model of aGVHD while retaining graft-versus-leukemia effects, unveiling a novel therapeutic target in aGVHD treatment or prevention. ..
- Lin X, Zhou X, Liu D, Yun L, Zhang L, Chen X, et al. MicroRNA-29 regulates high-glucose-induced apoptosis in human retinal pigment epithelial cells through PTEN. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim. 2016;52:419-26 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that miR-29, through inverse association of PTEN, plays an important role in the process of HG-induced apoptosis in RPE cells. ..
- Lv B, Liu Z, Wang S, Liu F, Yang X, Hou J, et al. MiR-29a promotes intestinal epithelial apoptosis in ulcerative colitis by down-regulating Mcl-1. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2014;7:8542-52 pubmed..In addition, miR-29a regulated intestinal epithelial apoptosis by down-regulating the expression of Mcl-1. miR-29a is involved in the pathogenesis of UC by regulating intestinal epithelial apoptosis via Mcl-1. ..
- Zhang W, Qian J, Yi H, Yang Z, Wang C, Chen J, et al. The microRNA-29 plays a central role in osteosarcoma pathogenesis and progression. Mol Biol (Mosk). 2012;46:622-7 pubmed..In summary, data obtained highlight the role of miRNA-29a in the regulation of osteoblastic cell apoptosis by silencing Bcl-2 and Mcl-1 and inducing E2F1 and E2F3 expression. ..
- Zhang Y, Li Y, Liu C, Nie C, Zhang X, Zheng C, et al. miR-29a regulates vascular neointimal hyperplasia by targeting YY1. Cell Prolif. 2017;50: pubmed publisher..These findings provide a new molecular mechanism of TXL in decreasing neointima hyperplasia. ..
- Wang S, Zan J, Wu M, Zhao W, Li Z, Pan Y, et al. miR-29a promotes scavenger receptor A expression by targeting QKI (quaking) during monocyte-macrophage differentiation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;464:1-6 pubmed publisher..It was observed that, indeed, QKI upregulation inhibits lipid uptake by repressing SRA expression. Overall, our study demonstrates that miR-29a inhibits QKI, which in turn results in upregulation of SRA and lipid uptake. ..
- Kuo T, Hsi E, Yang I, Tsai P, Wang J, Juo S. Computational analysis of mRNA expression profiles identifies microRNA-29a/c as predictor of colorectal cancer early recurrence. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e31587 pubmed publisher..007 for miR-29a and p = 0.007 for miR-29c) in the early-recurrence patients. This study shows the feasibility of using mRNA profiles to indicate microRNAs. We also shows miR-29a/c could be potential biomarkers for CRC early recurrence. ..
- Zhao X, Zhu X, Cheng S, Xie Y, Wang Z, Liu Y, et al. MiR-29a/b/c regulate human circadian gene hPER1 expression by targeting its 3'UTR. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2014;46:313-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings suggested that the expression of hPER1 is regulated by miR-29a/b/c, which may also provide a new clue for the function of hPER1. ..
- O Reilly S. miRNA-29a in systemic sclerosis: A valid target. Autoimmunity. 2015;48:511-2 pubmed publisher..demonstrate that restitution of microRNA-29a targets the apoptosis rheostat and leads to apoptosis in dermal fibroblasts, suggesting that in vivo targeting of the microRNA through mimics would lead to depletion of the fibroblasts. ..
- Oliveira L, Schiavinato J, FrÃ¡guas M, Lucena Araujo A, Haddad R, AraÃºjo A, et al. Potential roles of microRNA-29a in the molecular pathophysiology of T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Cancer Sci. 2015;106:1264-77 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results suggest that reduced miR-29a levels may contribute to the altered epigenetic status of T-ALL, highlighting its relevance in the physiopathology of this disease. ..
- Li H, Ge Q, Guo L, Lu Z. Maternal plasma miRNAs expression in preeclamptic pregnancies. Biomed Res Int. 2013;2013:970265 pubmed publisher..05). Results showed that there were differentially expressed maternal plasma miRNAs in patients with preeclampsia. These plasma miRNAs might be used as notable biomarkers for diagnosis of preeclampsia. ..
- Rostas J, Pruitt H, Metge B, Mitra A, Bailey S, Bae S, et al. microRNA-29 negatively regulates EMT regulator N-myc interactor in breast cancer. Mol Cancer. 2014;13:200 pubmed publisher..Aberrant miR-29 expression may account for reduced NMI expression in breast tumors and mesenchymal phenotype of cancer cells that promotes invasive growth. Reduction in NMI levels has a feed-forward impact on miR-29 levels. ..
- Sun X, Liu B, Yan S, Jiang T, Cheng H, Jiang H, et al. MicroRNA-29a Promotes Pancreatic Cancer Growth by Inhibiting Tristetraprolin. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2015;37:707-18 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that miR-29a acts as an oncogene by down regulating TTP and provide the basis for further studies exploring the potential of miR-29a and TTP as biomarkers and targets for the treatment of pancreatic cancer. ..
- Lee T, Ezelle H, Venkataraman T, Lapidus R, Scheibner K, Hassel B. Regulation of human RNase-L by the miR-29 family reveals a novel oncogenic role in chronic myelogenous leukemia. J Interferon Cytokine Res. 2013;33:34-42 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify a previously unknown miRNA regulator of RNase-L expression and support a novel oncogenic role for RNase-L in CML and potentially other hematopoietic malignancies. ..
- Wang K, Sun Y, Tao W, Fei X, Chang C. Androgen receptor (AR) promotes clear cell renal cell carcinoma (ccRCC) migration and invasion via altering the circHIAT1/miR-195-5p/29a-3p/29c-3p/CDC42 signals. Cancer Lett. 2017;394:1-12 pubmed publisher..Targeting this newly identified AR-circHIAT1-mediated miR-195-5p/29a-3p/29c-3p/CDC42 signals may help us develop potential new therapies to better suppress ccRCC metastasis. ..
- Zhu D, Lou Y, He Z, Ji M. Nucleotidyl transferase TUT1 inhibits lipogenesis in osteosarcoma cells through regulation of microRNA-24 and microRNA-29a. Tumour Biol. 2014;35:11829-35 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our results suggest that TUT1 may act as a tumor suppressor for osteosarcoma, which might provide a novel mechanism for the tumor development. ..
- Zhang J, Zhang H, Chen L, Sun D, Mao C, Chen W, et al. Î²-elemene reverses chemoresistance of breast cancer via regulating MDR-related microRNA expression. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2014;34:2027-37 pubmed publisher..elemene could influence MDR related miRNA expression and subsequently regulate the expression of the target genes PTEN and Pgp, which may lead to reduction of the viability of the chemo-resistant breast cancer cells. ..
- Massart J, Sjögren R, Lundell L, Mudry J, Franck N, O Gorman D, et al. Altered miR-29 Expression in Type 2 Diabetes Influences Glucose and Lipid Metabolism in Skeletal Muscle. Diabetes. 2017;66:1807-1818 pubmed publisher..Collectively, we reveal that miR-29 acts as an important regulator of insulin-stimulated glucose metabolism and lipid oxidation, with relevance to human physiology and type 2 diabetes. ..
- Huang J, Song G, Yin Z, Luo X, Ye Z. Elevated miR-29a expression is not correlated with disease activity index in PBMCs of patients with ankylosing spondylitis. Mod Rheumatol. 2014;24:331-4 pubmed publisher..032). We report for the first time elevated miR-29a expression in PBMCs of patients with ankylosing spondylitis, and miR-29a might be used as a useful diagnostic marker in new bone formation but cannot reflect disease activity. ..
- Pan D, Pan M, Xu Y. Mir-29a expressions in peripheral blood mononuclear cell and cerebrospinal fluid: Diagnostic value in patients with pediatric tuberculous meningitis. Brain Res Bull. 2017;130:231-235 pubmed publisher..10%, 90.00% and 0.890, respectively, and that in combination of PBMC and CSF was 84.40%, 95.38% and 0.934, respectively. miR-29a expression in PBMC and CSF may provide a reference for the diagnosis of pediatric TBM. ..
- Wang J, Wang Y, Wang Y, Ma Y, Lan Y, Yang X. Transforming growth factor ?-regulated microRNA-29a promotes angiogenesis through targeting the phosphatase and tensin homolog in endothelium. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:10418-26 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results reveal a crucial role of a TGF-?-regulated miRNA in promoting angiogenesis by targeting PTEN to stimulate AKT activity. ..
- Bagge A, Clausen T, Larsen S, Ladefoged M, Rosenstierne M, Larsen L, et al. MicroRNA-29a is up-regulated in beta-cells by glucose and decreases glucose-stimulated insulin secretion. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;426:266-72 pubmed publisher..Glucose-induced up-regulation of miR-29a in beta-cells could be implicated in progression from impaired glucose tolerance to type 2 diabetes. ..
- Chen L, Xiao H, Wang Z, Huang Y, Liu Z, Ren H, et al. miR-29a suppresses growth and invasion of gastric cancer cells in vitro by targeting VEGF-A. BMB Rep. 2014;47:39-44 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that miR-29a is a tumor suppressor in gastric cancer. Restoration of miR-29a in gastric cancer may be a promising therapeutic approach. ..