Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR26A1
Description: microRNA 26a-1
Alias: MIR26A, MIRN26A1
- Jiang D, Wang Y, Jiang J, Li S, Liang S, Fang H. MicroRNA-26a involved in Toll-like receptor 9?mediated lung cancer growth and migration. Int J Mol Med. 2014;34:307-12 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that miR-26a is involved in the TLR9?mediated growth and migration of lung cancer through the PI3K-Akt signaling pathway. ..
- Ji J, Shi J, Budhu A, Yu Z, Forgues M, Roessler S, et al. MicroRNA expression, survival, and response to interferon in liver cancer. N Engl J Med. 2009;361:1437-47 pubmed publisher..The miR-26 expression status of such patients is associated with survival and response to adjuvant therapy with interferon alfa. ..
- Lu J, He M, Wang L, Chen Y, Liu X, Dong Q, et al. MiR-26a inhibits cell growth and tumorigenesis of nasopharyngeal carcinoma through repression of EZH2. Cancer Res. 2011;71:225-33 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that miR-26a functions as a growth-suppressive miRNA in NPC, and that its suppressive effects are mediated chiefly by repressing EZH2 expression. ..
- Deng M, Tang H, Lu X, Liu M, Lu X, Gu Y, et al. miR-26a suppresses tumor growth and metastasis by targeting FGF9 in gastric cancer. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e72662 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest that miR-26a functions as a tumor suppressor in GC development and progression, and holds promise as a prognostic biomarker and potential therapeutic target for GC. ..
- Boni V, Zarate R, Villa J, Bandres E, Gomez M, Maiello E, et al. Role of primary miRNA polymorphic variants in metastatic colon cancer patients treated with 5-fluorouracil and irinotecan. Pharmacogenomics J. 2011;11:429-36 pubmed publisher..A significant association with tumor response and time to progression (TTP) was found for SNP rs7372209 in pri-miR26a-1 (P=0.041 and P=0.017, respectively)...
- Mohamed J, Lopez M, Boriek A. Mechanical stretch up-regulates microRNA-26a and induces human airway smooth muscle hypertrophy by suppressing glycogen synthase kinase-3?. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:29336-47 pubmed publisher..Overall, as a first time, our study unveils that miR-26a is a mechanosensitive gene, and it plays an important role in the regulation of HASMC hypertrophy. ..
- Clague J, Lippman S, Yang H, Hildebrandt M, Ye Y, Lee J, et al. Genetic variation in MicroRNA genes and risk of oral premalignant lesions. Mol Carcinog. 2010;49:183-9 pubmed publisher..Patients with at least one variant allele of mir26a-1:rs7372209 had a significantly increased risk of OPL (OR, 2.09; 95% CI, 1.23-3.56)...
- Gao J, Li L, Wu M, Liu M, Xie X, Guo J, et al. MiR-26a inhibits proliferation and migration of breast cancer through repression of MCL-1. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e65138 pubmed publisher..Thus, miR-26a impacts on cell proliferation and migration of breast cancer by regulating several carcinogenesis-related processes, including a novel mechanism involving the targeting of MCL-1. ..
- Zhu H, Vishwamitra D, Curry C, Manshouri R, Diao L, Khan A, et al. NPM-ALK up-regulates iNOS expression through a STAT3/microRNA-26a-dependent mechanism. J Pathol. 2013;230:82-94 pubmed publisher..Our investigation of the mechanisms underlying the decrease in miR-26a in this lymphoma revealed novel evidence that STAT3, a major downstream substrate of NPM-ALK tyrosine kinase activity, suppresses MIR26A1 gene expression.
- Reuland S, Smith S, Bemis L, Goldstein N, Almeida A, Partyka K, et al. MicroRNA-26a is strongly downregulated in melanoma and induces cell death through repression of silencer of death domains (SODD). J Invest Dermatol. 2013;133:1286-93 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that miR-26a replacement is a potential therapeutic strategy for metastatic melanoma, and that SODD, in particular, is a potentially useful therapeutic target. ..
- Feldman A, Moreira D, Gun C, Wang H, Hirata M, de Freitas Germano J, et al. Analysis of Circulating miR-1, miR-23a, and miR-26a in Atrial Fibrillation Patients Undergoing Coronary Bypass Artery Grafting Surgery. Ann Hum Genet. 2017;81:99-105 pubmed publisher..51-0.74; P? = ?0.02) and 0.66 (95% CI: 0.55-0.77; P? = ?0.01), respectively. Our data suggests that circulating miRNA-23a and -26a may be involved in the underlying biology of postoperative AF development. ..
- Farina F, Inguscio A, Kunderfranco P, Cortesi A, Elia L, Quintavalle M. MicroRNA-26a/cyclin-dependent kinase 5 axis controls proliferation, apoptosis and in vivo tumor growth of diffuse large B-cell lymphoma cell lines. Cell Death Dis. 2017;8:e2890 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these results demonstrate an important role for miR-26a and CDK5 together in the survival and growth of DLBCL cells, suggesting the existence of potential novel therapeutic targets for the treatment of DLBCL. ..
- Liang H, Liu S, Chen Y, Bai X, Liu L, Dong Y, et al. miR-26a suppresses EMT by disrupting the Lin28B/let-7d axis: potential cross-talks among miRNAs in IPF. J Mol Med (Berl). 2016;94:655-65 pubmed publisher..Lin28B is one of the targets of microRNA-26a. miR-26a enhances the expression of let-7d via targeting regulation of Lin28B. A regulatory network among miRNAs involved in the progression of IPF. ..
- Li H, Jiang X, Yu Y, Huang W, Xing H, Agar N, et al. KAP regulates ROCK2 and Cdk2 in an RNA-activated glioblastoma invasion pathway. Oncogene. 2015;34:1432-41 pubmed publisher..Thus, two distinct RNA-based mechanisms activate this novel KAP/ROCK2/Cdk2-dependent invasion pathway in glioblastoma. ..
- Lin J, Horikawa Y, Tamboli P, Clague J, Wood C, Wu X. Genetic variations in microRNA-related genes are associated with survival and recurrence in patients with renal cell carcinoma. Carcinogenesis. 2010;31:1805-12 pubmed publisher..Future investigation in larger populations and functional characterizations are necessary to validate these results. ..
- Deng J, He M, Chen L, Chen C, Zheng J, Cai Z. The loss of miR-26a-mediated post-transcriptional regulation of cyclin E2 in pancreatic cancer cell proliferation and decreased patient survival. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e76450 pubmed publisher..miR-26a is an important suppressor of pancreatic ductal carcinoma, and can prove to be a novel prognostic factor and therapeutic target for pancreatic cancer treatment. ..
- Leidinger P, Brefort T, Backes C, Krapp M, Galata V, Beier M, et al. High-throughput qRT-PCR validation of blood microRNAs in non-small cell lung cancer. Oncotarget. 2016;7:4611-23 pubmed publisher..Although for differentiation between NSCLC patients from COPD patients more markers were required, still high accuracy rates were obtained (5 markers: 78.8%; 10 markers: 83.9%; 50 markers: 87.6%). ..
- Trompeter H, Dreesen J, Hermann E, Iwaniuk K, Hafner M, Renwick N, et al. MicroRNAs miR-26a, miR-26b, and miR-29b accelerate osteogenic differentiation of unrestricted somatic stem cells from human cord blood. BMC Genomics. 2013;14:111 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, these microRNAs accelerate osteogenic differentiation, likely mediated by osteo-inhibitory proteins such as CDK6 and HDAC4. ..
- Lv M, Zhang X, Li M, Chen Q, Ye M, Liang W, et al. miR-26a and its target CKS2 modulate cell growth and tumorigenesis of papillary thyroid carcinoma. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e67591 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that miR-26a functions as a growth-suppressive miRNA in PTC, and that its suppressive effects are mediated mainly by repressing CKS2 expression. ..
- Xie Q, Wei M, Kang X, Liu D, Quan Y, Pan X, et al. Reciprocal inhibition between miR-26a and NF-ÎºB regulates obesity-related chronic inflammation in chondrocytes. Biosci Rep. 2015;35: pubmed publisher..Our findings provide a potential mechanism linking obesity to cartilage inflammation. ..
- Zou Z, Fan L, Wang L, Xu J, Zhang R, Tian T, et al. miR-26a and miR-214 down-regulate expression of the PTEN gene in chronic lymphocytic leukemia, but not PTEN mutation or promoter methylation. Oncotarget. 2015;6:1276-85 pubmed..041). Inhibition of miR-26a or miR-214 could induce more apoptosis in primary cultured CLL cells. These findings support miR-26a and miR-214 down-regulate expression of PTEN in CLL, but not PTEN mutation or promoter methylation. ..
- Morgan M, Iaconcig A, Muro A. CPEB2, CPEB3 and CPEB4 are coordinately regulated by miRNAs recognizing conserved binding sites in paralog positions of their 3'-UTRs. Nucleic Acids Res. 2010;38:7698-710 pubmed publisher..We also suggest that the ancestral pattern of miRNA-binding motifs was maintained throughout the generation of highly conserved elements in each of the 3'-UTRs. ..
- Caputo V, Sinibaldi L, Fiorentino A, Parisi C, Catalanotto C, Pasini A, et al. Brain derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) expression is regulated by microRNAs miR-26a and miR-26b allele-specific binding. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e28656 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, in the present study we identified two novel miRNAs regulating BDNF expression and the first BDNF 3'UTR functional variants altering miRNAs-BDNF binding. ..
- Zhao X, Yuan Q, Mu D, Sun D, Bo Q, Pan G, et al. MicroRNA-26a inhibits proliferation by targeting high mobility group AT-hook 1 in breast cancer. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:368-73 pubmed..05). The results of the present study indicate that miR-26a may be associated with human breast carcinogenesis, which inhibits tumor cell proliferation by targeting HMGA1. ..
- Miyamoto K, Seki N, Matsushita R, Yonemori M, Yoshino H, Nakagawa M, et al. Tumour-suppressive miRNA-26a-5p and miR-26b-5p inhibit cell aggressiveness by regulating PLOD2 in bladder cancer. Br J Cancer. 2016;115:354-63 pubmed publisher..0153). PLOD2, which is associated with the stiffness of the extracellular matrix, was directly regulated by miR-26a-5p and miR-26b-5p and may be a good prognostic marker in patients with BC. ..
- Chen X, Xiao W, Chen W, Liu X, Wu M, Bo Q, et al. MicroRNA-26a and -26b inhibit lens fibrosis and cataract by negatively regulating Jagged-1/Notch signaling pathway. Cell Death Differ. 2017;24:1431-1442 pubmed publisher..Given the general involvement of EMT in most fibrotic diseases, cancer metastasis and recurrence, miR-26 family and Notch pathway may have therapeutic uses in treating fibrotic diseases and cancers. ..
- Jo H, Kang H, Lee A, Choi J, Chang W, Lee M, et al. Endothelial miR-26a regulates VEGF-Nogo-B receptor-mediated angiogenesis. BMB Rep. 2017;50:384-389 pubmed..BMB Reports 2017; 50(7): 384-389]. ..
- Zhang X, Xiao D, Wang Z, Zou Y, Huang L, Lin W, et al. MicroRNA-26a/b regulate DNA replication licensing, tumorigenesis, and prognosis by targeting CDC6 in lung cancer. Mol Cancer Res. 2014;12:1535-46 pubmed publisher..One possible mechanism is through miRNA expression differences. Here, it is demonstrated that miR26a and miR26b inhibit replication licensing and the proliferation, migration, and invasion of lung cancer cells by ..
- Liang H, Xu C, Pan Z, Zhang Y, Xu Z, Chen Y, et al. The antifibrotic effects and mechanisms of microRNA-26a action in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. Mol Ther. 2014;22:1122-1133 pubmed publisher..The current study also uncovered a novel positive feedback loop between miR-26a and p-Smad3, which is involved in pulmonary fibrosis. ..
- Witwer K, Sisk J, Gama L, Clements J. MicroRNA regulation of IFN-beta protein expression: rapid and sensitive modulation of the innate immune response. J Immunol. 2010;184:2369-76 pubmed publisher..Thus, miRNAs may contribute significantly to the regulation of IFN-beta in innate immune responses. ..
- Guo K, Zheng S, Xu Y, Xu A, Chen B, Wen Y. Loss of miR-26a-5p promotes proliferation, migration, and invasion in prostate cancer through negatively regulating SERBP1. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:12843-12854 pubmed..Taken together, our results for the first time demonstrate that the loss of miR-26a-5p promotes proliferation, migration, and invasion through targeting SERBP1 in PC, supporting the tumor-suppressing role of miR-26a-5p in PC. ..
- Qiu X, Zhu H, Liu S, Tao G, Jin J, Chu H, et al. Expression and prognostic value of microRNA-26a and microRNA-148a in gastric cancer. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2017;32:819-827 pubmed publisher..05). These findings supported miR-26a and miR-148a could serve as potential prognostic biomarkers for GC. ..
- Ni B, Rajaram M, Lafuse W, Landes M, Schlesinger L. Mycobacterium tuberculosis decreases human macrophage IFN-Î³ responsiveness through miR-132 and miR-26a. J Immunol. 2014;193:4537-47 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data validate p300 as a target of miR-132 and miR-26a, and demonstrate a mechanism by which M. tuberculosis can limit macrophage responses to IFN-Î³ by altering host miRNA expression. ..
- Chen J, Xu Y, Tao L, Pan Y, Zhang K, Wang R, et al. MiRNA-26a Contributes to the Acquisition of Malignant Behaviors of Doctaxel-Resistant Lung Adenocarcinoma Cells through Targeting EZH2. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;41:583-597 pubmed publisher..MiR-26a/EZH2 signal pathway makes contribute to the malignant phenotype of docetaxel-resistant of LAD cells which indicated that miR-26a exerts pivotal functions in the molecular etiology of chemoresistant lung adenocarcinoma. ..
- Shen W, Song M, Liu J, Qiu G, Li T, Hu Y, et al. MiR-26a promotes ovarian cancer proliferation and tumorigenesis. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e86871 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, inhibition of miR-26a suppressed the tumor formation generated by injecting OC cells in nude mice. Our results suggest that aberrantly expressed miR-26a may contribute to OC development. ..
- Visani M, de Biase D, Marucci G, Cerasoli S, Nigrisoli E, Bacchi Reggiani M, et al. Expression of 19 microRNAs in glioblastoma and comparison with other brain neoplasia of grades I-III. Mol Oncol. 2014;8:417-30 pubmed publisher..This study provides further data for the identification of a miRNA profile for glioblastoma and suggests that different-grade neoplasia could be characterized by different expression of specific miRNAs. ..
- Batchu R, Gruzdyn O, Qazi A, Kaur J, Mahmud E, Weaver D, et al. Enhanced phosphorylation of p53 by microRNA-26a leading to growth inhibition of pancreatic cancer. Surgery. 2015;158:981-6; discussion 986-7 pubmed publisher..Delivery of miR-26a may represent a novel strategy for inhibiting pancreatic cancer growth, at least in part by enhancing phosphorylation of mutant p53 to restore its wild-type functions. ..
- Zhang R, Tian A, Wang J, Shen X, Qi G, Tang Y. miR26a modulates Th17/T reg balance in the EAE model of multiple sclerosis by targeting IL6. Neuromolecular Med. 2015;17:24-34 pubmed publisher..In this research, an IL6-associated miRNA, miR26a, was identified, and its normally downregulated expression was shown to be highly correlated with disease severity ..
- Ma D, Chai Z, Zhu X, Zhang N, Zhan D, Ye B, et al. MicroRNA-26a suppresses epithelial-mesenchymal transition in human hepatocellular carcinoma by repressing enhancer of zeste homolog 2. J Hematol Oncol. 2016;9:1 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the expression of miR-26a was positively correlated with E-cadherin expression and inversely correlated with EZH2 expression in human HCC tissue. miR-26a inhibited the EMT process in HCC by down-regulating EZH2 expression. ..
- Dong J, Sui L, Wang Q, Chen M, Sun H. MicroRNA-26a inhibits cell proliferation and invasion of cervical cancer cells by targeting protein tyrosine phosphatase type IVA 1. Mol Med Rep. 2014;10:1426-32 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the results demonstrated the role of miR?26a in cervical cancer pathogenesis and suggest it may be used as a potential novel therapeutic strategy for cervical cancer. ..
- Tambyah P, Sepramaniam S, Mohamed Ali J, Chai S, Swaminathan P, Armugam A, et al. microRNAs in circulation are altered in response to influenza A virus infection in humans. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e76811 pubmed publisher..Consequences of their altered expression were extrapolated to changes in the host proteome expression. These highly dysregulated microRNAs may have crucial roles in influenza pathogenesis and are potential biomarkers of influenza. ..
- Li Y, Sun Z, Liu B, Shan Y, Zhao L, Jia L. Tumor-suppressive miR-26a and miR-26b inhibit cell aggressiveness by regulating FUT4 in colorectal cancer. Cell Death Dis. 2017;8:e2892 pubmed publisher..The identified CRC-restricted miR-26a and miR-26b might be implicated in cancer progression via their target gene FUT4, suggesting their potential usage in CRC treatment. ..
- Rasheed Z, Al Shobaili H, Rasheed N, Mahmood A, Khan M. MicroRNA-26a-5p regulates the expression of inducible nitric oxide synthase via activation of NF-ÎºB pathway in human osteoarthritis chondrocytes. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2016;594:61-7 pubmed publisher..In short, this is the first report that shows hsa-miR-26a-5p is a direct regulator of iNOS expression in human chondrocytes. hsa-miR-26a-5p may be an important regulator of human cartilage homeostasis and a new target for OA therapy. ..
- Tong L, Luo Y, Wei T, Guo L, Wang H, Zhu W, et al. KH-type splicing regulatory protein (KHSRP) contributes to tumorigenesis by promoting miR-26a maturation in small cell lung cancer. Mol Cell Biochem. 2016;422:61-74 pubmed..Taken together, these findings suggested that KHSRP plays an important role in SCLC tumorigenesis and could be a potential novel therapeutic target for SCLC treatment. ..
- Zhou H, Guo W, Zhao Y, Wang Y, Zha R, Ding J, et al. MicroRNA-26a acts as a tumor suppressor inhibiting gallbladder cancer cell proliferation by directly targeting HMGA2. Int J Oncol. 2014;44:2050-8 pubmed publisher..Together, all these results suggest that miR-26a expression contributes to GBC proliferation by targeting HMGA2. miR-26a shows promise as a prognosis factor and therapeutic target of GBC patients. ..
- Kopparapu P, Bhoi S, Mansouri L, Arabanian L, Plevova K, Pospisilova S, et al. Epigenetic silencing of miR-26A1 in chronic lymphocytic leukemia and mantle cell lymphoma: Impact on EZH2 expression. Epigenetics. 2016;11:335-43 pubmed publisherDownregulation of miR26A1 has been reported in various B-cell malignancies; however, the mechanism behind its deregulation remains largely unknown...
- Huang H, Jiang X, Wang J, Li Y, Song C, Chen P, et al. Identification of MLL-fusion/MYCâŠ£miR-26âŠ£TET1 signaling circuit in MLL-rearranged leukemia. Cancer Lett. 2016;372:157-65 pubmed publisher..Thus, restoration of miR-26a expression/function holds therapeutic potential to treat MLL-rearranged AML. ..
- Ding K, Wu Z, Wang N, Wang X, Wang Y, Qian P, et al. MiR-26a performs converse roles in proliferation and metastasis of different gastric cancer cells via regulating of PTEN expression. Pathol Res Pract. 2017;213:467-475 pubmed publisher..These findings will facilitate a better understanding of the functions and mechanisms about miR-26a, miR-26a and PTEN are potential combined biomarkers in patients with gastric cancer. ..
- Wang P, Lv L. miR-26a induced the suppression of tumor growth of cholangiocarcinoma via KRT19 approach. Oncotarget. 2016;7:81367-81376 pubmed publisher..Side-population (SP) cells were detected and sorted by flow cytometry. Aberrant decreased miR-26a could promote cell proliferation by regulating KRT19 which play important roles in the pathogenesis of CCA. ..
- Li D, Wei Y, Wang D, Gao H, Liu K. MicroRNA-26b suppresses the metastasis of non-small cell lung cancer by targeting MIEN1 via NF-ÎºB/MMP-9/VEGF pathways. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;472:465-70 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study revealed that miR-26b suppresses NSCLC metastasis by targeting MIEN1 via NF-ÎºB/MMP-9/VEGF pathways, implicating a potential prognostic biomarker and therapeutic target for NSCLC treatment. ..
- Chai Z, Kong J, Zhu X, Zhang Y, Lu L, Zhou J, et al. MicroRNA-26a inhibits angiogenesis by down-regulating VEGFA through the PIK3C2?/Akt/HIF-1? pathway in hepatocellular carcinoma. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e77957 pubmed publisher..miR-26a modulated angiogenesis of HCC through the PIK3C2?/Akt/HIF-1?/VEGFA pathway. The expression of VEGFA was inversely correlated with miR-26a expression in HCC tumors. ..
- Icli B, Dorbala P, Feinberg M. An emerging role for the miR-26 family in cardiovascular disease. Trends Cardiovasc Med. 2014;24:241-8 pubmed publisher..This review examines the current knowledge of the miR-26 family's role in key cell types that critically control cardiovascular disease under pathological and physiological stimuli. ..
- Qiu X, Zhang J, Shi W, Liu S, Kang M, Chu H, et al. Circulating MicroRNA-26a in Plasma and Its Potential Diagnostic Value in Gastric Cancer. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0151345 pubmed publisher..882. Furthermore, miR-26a was stably detected in the plasma of GC patients with different clinical characteristics. Plasma miR-26a may provide a novel and stable marker of gastric cancer. ..
- Zhang X, Cheng S, Bian K, Wang L, Zhang X, Yan B, et al. MicroRNA-26a promotes anoikis in human hepatocellular carcinoma cells by targeting alpha5 integrin. Oncotarget. 2015;6:2277-89 pubmed..Collectively, our findings reveal that miR-26a is a novel player during anoikis and a potential therapeutic target for the treatment of metastatic HCC. ..
- Luo X, Pan Z, Shan H, Xiao J, Sun X, Wang N, et al. MicroRNA-26 governs profibrillatory inward-rectifier potassium current changes in atrial fibrillation. J Clin Invest. 2013;123:1939-51 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that miR-26 controls the expression of KCNJ2 and suggest that this downregulation may promote AF...
- Palmieri D, D Angelo D, Valentino T, De Martino I, Ferraro A, Wierinckx A, et al. Downregulation of HMGA-targeting microRNAs has a critical role in human pituitary tumorigenesis. Oncogene. 2012;31:3857-65 pubmed publisher..Therefore, these results indicate that the downregulation of the miRNAs able to target the HMGA genes could contribute to increase HMGA protein levels in human pituitary adenomas, and then to pituitary tumorigenesis. ..
- Wang G, Sun Y, He Y, Ji C, Hu B, Sun Y. miR-26a promoted by interferon-alpha inhibits hepatocellular carcinoma proliferation and migration by blocking EZH2. Genet Test Mol Biomarkers. 2015;19:30-6 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that miR-26a exerts growth inhibition in HCC and that its inhibitory effect is mediated briefly by blocking EZH2 expression. ..
- Tan S, Ding K, Li R, Zhang W, Li G, Kong X, et al. Identification of miR-26 as a key mediator of estrogen stimulated cell proliferation by targeting CHD1, GREB1 and KPNA2. Breast Cancer Res. 2014;16:R40 pubmed publisher..We have identified a novel estrogen/MYC/miR-26 axis that mediates estrogen stimulated cell growth via CHD1, GREB1 and KPNA2. ..
- Roy R, Singh R, Chattopadhyay E, Ray A, Sarkar N, Aich R, et al. MicroRNA and target gene expression based clustering of oral cancer, precancer and normal tissues. Gene. 2016;593:58-63 pubmed publisher..Expression profiles of miRNA and target genes may be useful to differentiate cancer and lichen planus from normal tissues, thereby bolstering their role in diagnostics. ..
- López Urrutia E, Coronel Hernández J, García Castillo V, Contreras Romero C, Martínez Gutierrez A, Estrada Galicia D, et al. MiR-26a downregulates retinoblastoma in colorectal cancer. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317695945 pubmed publisher..The results of this study suggested that miR-26a could serve as a progression biomarker in colorectal cancer. Further validation studies are still needed to confirm our findings. ..
- Cai H, Zhou H, Miao Y, Li N, Zhao L, Jia L. MiRNA expression profiles reveal the involvement of miR-26a, miR-548l and miR-34a in hepatocellular carcinoma progression through regulation of ST3GAL5. Lab Invest. 2017;97:530-542 pubmed publisher..miR-26a, miR-548l and miR-34a, acting as tumor suppressors, may exert their effects by regulating ST3GAL5. ..
- Pastuszak Lewandoska D, Kordiak J, Czarnecka K, Migdalska Sek M, Nawrot E, Domańska Senderowska D, et al. Expression analysis of three miRNAs, miR-26a, miR-29b and miR-519d, in relation to MMP-2 expression level in non-small cell lung cancer patients: a pilot study. Med Oncol. 2016;33:96 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to verify their potential usefulness for the treatment of lung cancer. ..
- Deng M, Zhang R, He Z, Qiu Q, Lu X, Yin J, et al. TET-Mediated Sequestration of miR-26 Drives EZH2 Expression and Gastric Carcinogenesis. Cancer Res. 2017;77:6069-6082 pubmed publisher..Our findings uncover a novel noncoding function for TET family proteins in facilitating gastric carcinogenesis. Cancer Res; 77(22); 6069-82. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Ying H, Peng H, He B, Pan Y, Wang F, Sun H, et al. MiR-608, pre-miR-124-1 and pre-miR26a-1 polymorphisms modify susceptibility and recurrence-free survival in surgically resected CRC individuals. Oncotarget. 2016;7:75865-75873 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicated that rs4919510 allele G and genotype GG were protective factors for 0-II stage CRC, rs7372209 and rs531564 could decrease RFS in II stage individuals and resected CRC patients receiving adjuvant chemo-radiology. ..
- Lu J, Song G, Tang Q, Yin J, Zou C, Zhao Z, et al. MiR-26a inhibits stem cell-like phenotype and tumor growth of osteosarcoma by targeting Jagged1. Oncogene. 2017;36:231-241 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest the essential role of miR-26a/Jagged1/Notch pathway in regulating the stem cell-like traits of osteosarcoma cells and provide a potential target for osteosarcoma therapy. ..
- Yao L, Han C, Song K, Zhang J, Lim K, Wu T. Omega-3 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids Upregulate 15-PGDH Expression in Cholangiocarcinoma Cells by Inhibiting miR-26a/b Expression. Cancer Res. 2015;75:1388-98 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results reveal a novel mechanism for Ï‰-3 PUFA-induced expression of 15-PGDH in human cholangiocarcinoma and provide a preclinical rationale for the evaluation of Ï‰-3 PUFA in treatment of this malignancy. ..
- Cho H, Kim S, Nam J, Kim J, Lee J, Kim B, et al. Low levels of circulating microRNA-26a/29a as poor prognostic markers in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma who underwent curative treatment. Clin Res Hepatol Gastroenterol. 2017;41:181-189 pubmed publisher..734, P<0.001). Pretreatment levels of circulating miR-26a and miR-29a are independent prognostic markers for poor disease-free survival and LT-free survival in hepatitis B virus-related HCC patients. ..
- Sudbery I, Enright A, Fraser A, Dunham I. Systematic analysis of off-target effects in an RNAi screen reveals microRNAs affecting sensitivity to TRAIL-induced apoptosis. BMC Genomics. 2010;11:175 pubmed publisher..Some of these effects can be identified by the over-representation of certain seed sequences in high-scoring siRNAs and we demonstrate the usefulness of such systematic analysis of enriched seed sequences. ..
- Trohatou O, Zagoura D, Orfanos N, Pappa K, Marinos E, Anagnou N, et al. miR-26a Mediates Adipogenesis of Amniotic Fluid Mesenchymal Stem/Stromal Cells via PTEN, Cyclin E1, and CDK6. Stem Cells Dev. 2017;26:482-494 pubmed publisher..These results point to the regulatory role of miR-26a and its target genes PTEN, Cyclin E1, and CDK6 in adipogenic differentiation of AF-MSCs, providing a basis for understanding the mechanisms of fat cell development and obesity. ..
- Zhao X, Lwin T, Zhang X, Huang A, Wang J, Marquez V, et al. Disruption of the MYC-miRNA-EZH2 loop to suppress aggressive B-cell lymphoma survival and clonogenicity. Leukemia. 2013;27:2341-50 pubmed publisher..These findings represent a novel promising approach for silencing MYC-miRNA-EZH2 amplification loop for combinatorial therapy of aggressive B-cell lymphomas. ..
- Yin X, Wang J, Yan S. Reduced miR?26a and miR?26b expression contributes to the pathogenesis of osteoarthritis via the promotion of p65 translocation. Mol Med Rep. 2017;15:551-558 pubmed publisher..The present study sheds light on the pathogenesis of OA and may provide a target for the development of therapeutic methods for the treatment of OA. ..
- Yu C, Li J, Sun F, Cui J, Fang H, Sui G. Expression and Clinical Significance of miR-26a and Pleomorphic Adenoma Gene 1 (PLAG1) in Invasive Pituitary Adenoma. Med Sci Monit. 2016;22:5101-5108 pubmed..miR-26 and PLAG1 are independent factors affecting patient diagnosis. CONCLUSIONS MiR-26a can facilitate occurrence of pituitary tumor and invasiveness, probably via inhibiting PLAG1 expression. ..
- Zhuang C, Wang P, Huang D, Xu L, Wang X, Wang L, et al. A double-negative feedback loop between EZH2 and miR-26a regulates tumor cell growth in hepatocellular carcinoma. Int J Oncol. 2016;48:1195-204 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that an imbalanced double-negative feedback loop between EZH2 and miR-26a exists in HCC cells, which contributes to miR-26a deregulation and regulates tumor cells proliferation. ..