Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR223
Description: microRNA 223
Alias: MIRN223, miRNA223, mir-223
- Zhang J, Luo X, Li H, Yue X, Deng L, Cui Y, et al. MicroRNA-223 functions as an oncogene in human colorectal cancer cells. Oncol Rep. 2014;32:115-20 pubmed publisher..miR-223 functions as an oncomiR in CRC, therefore serving as a potential diagnostic and therapeutic target for the treatment of CRC. ..
- Pulikkan J, Dengler V, Peramangalam P, Peer Zada A, Muller Tidow C, Bohlander S, et al. Cell-cycle regulator E2F1 and microRNA-223 comprise an autoregulatory negative feedback loop in acute myeloid leukemia. Blood. 2010;115:1768-78 pubmed publisher..Our study supports a molecular network involving miR-223, C/EBPalpha, and E2F1 as major components of the granulocyte differentiation program, which is deregulated in AML. ..
- Wang J, Yu M, Yu G, Bian J, Deng X, Wan X, et al. Serum miR-146a and miR-223 as potential new biomarkers for sepsis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;394:184-8 pubmed publisher..858, 0.804 and 0.785, respectively. Serum miR-146a and miR-223 might serve as new biomarkers for sepsis with high specificity and sensitivity. (ClinicalTrials.gov number, NCT00862290.). ..
- Liu T, Chen S, Kuo S, Cheng A, Lin C. E2A-positive gastric MALT lymphoma has weaker plasmacytoid infiltrates and stronger expression of the memory B-cell-associated miR-223: possible correlation with stage and treatment response. Mod Pathol. 2010;23:1507-17 pubmed publisher..A prospective study would be necessary to verify the association between E2A expression and a poor response to Helicobacter eradication therapy. ..
- Chiaretti S, Messina M, Tavolaro S, Zardo G, Elia L, Vitale A, et al. Gene expression profiling identifies a subset of adult T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia with myeloid-like gene features and over-expression of miR-223. Haematologica. 2010;95:1114-21 pubmed publisher..The recognition of this subgroup may have clinical, prognostic and therapeutic implications. ..
- Li G, Cai M, Fu D, Chen K, Sun M, Cai Z, et al. Heat shock protein 90B1 plays an oncogenic role and is a target of microRNA-223 in human osteosarcoma. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2012;30:1481-90 pubmed publisher..Hsp90B1 is a direct target of miR-223 and miR- 223 may have a tumor suppressor function in osteosarcoma through the PI3K/Akt/mTOR pathway and could be used in anticancer therapies in osteosarcoma. ..
- Eyholzer M, Schmid S, Schardt J, Haefliger S, Mueller B, Pabst T. Complexity of miR-223 regulation by CEBPA in human AML. Leuk Res. 2010;34:672-6 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that miR-223 suppression in AML is caused by impaired miR-223 upstream factors. ..
- Xu J, Yao Q, Hou Y, Xu M, Liu S, Yang L, et al. MiR-223/Ect2/p21 signaling regulates osteosarcoma cell cycle progression and proliferation. Biomed Pharmacother. 2013;67:381-6 pubmed publisher..We concluded that miR-223 functions as a tumor suppresser in osteosarcoma and miR-223/Ect2/p21 signaling is an important pathway that regulates the osteosarcoma cell cycle progression and proliferaion. ..
- Wu L, Li H, Jia C, Cheng W, Yu M, Peng M, et al. MicroRNA-223 regulates FOXO1 expression and cell proliferation. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:1038-43 pubmed publisher..Proliferation of the cells was also greatly inhibited when miR-223 was over-expressed. Therein, our data suggest that miR-223 regulates FOXO1 expression and cell proliferation. ..
- Stamatopoulos B, Meuleman N, Haibe Kains B, Saussoy P, Van Den Neste E, Michaux L, et al. microRNA-29c and microRNA-223 down-regulation has in vivo significance in chronic lymphocytic leukemia and improves disease risk stratification. Blood. 2009;113:5237-45 pubmed publisher..69, P = .001). This score will help to identify, among the good and poor prognosis subgroups, patients who will need early therapy and thus will require a closer follow-up. ..
- Li X, Zhang Y, Zhang H, Liu X, Gong T, Li M, et al. miRNA-223 promotes gastric cancer invasion and metastasis by targeting tumor suppressor EPB41L3. Mol Cancer Res. 2011;9:824-33 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate a new regulatory mode, namely, specific miRNA, which is activated by its upstream transcription factor, could suppress its direct targets and lead to tumor invasion and metastasis. ..
- Fazi F, Racanicchi S, Zardo G, Starnes L, Mancini M, Travaglini L, et al. Epigenetic silencing of the myelopoiesis regulator microRNA-223 by the AML1/ETO oncoprotein. Cancer Cell. 2007;12:457-66 pubmed..Here, we identify an additional action for a leukemia fusion protein linking the epigenetic silencing of a microRNA locus to the differentiation block of leukemia. ..
- Huang B, Luo Q, Han Y, Li X, Cao L, Wu L. microRNA-223 promotes the growth and invasion of glioblastoma cells by targeting tumor suppressor PAX6. Oncol Rep. 2013;30:2263-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the present study supports miR-223 and PAX6 as novel therapeutic targets for glioblastoma. ..
- Zeng X, Xiang J, Wu M, Xiong W, Tang H, Deng M, et al. Circulating miR-17, miR-20a, miR-29c, and miR-223 combined as non-invasive biomarkers in nasopharyngeal carcinoma. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e46367 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that the serum miRNA-based biomarker model become a novel tool for NPC detection. The circulating 4-miRNA-based method may provide a novel strategy for NPC diagnosis. ..
- Gong B, Hu H, Chen J, Cao S, Yu J, Xue J, et al. Caprin-1 is a novel microRNA-223 target for regulating the proliferation and invasion of human breast cancer cells. Biomed Pharmacother. 2013;67:629-36 pubmed publisher..Our study also indicates that expression levels of miR-223 and Caprin-1 can be used to predict the state of cancer in breast cancer patient. ..
- Streppel M, Pai S, Campbell N, Hu C, Yabuuchi S, Canto M, et al. MicroRNA 223 is upregulated in the multistep progression of Barrett's esophagus and modulates sensitivity to chemotherapy by targeting PARP1. Clin Cancer Res. 2013;19:4067-78 pubmed publisher..Although high miR-223 levels might contribute to an aggressive phenotype, our results also suggest that patients with esophageal adenocarcinoma with high miR-223 levels might benefit from treatment with DNA-damaging agents. ..
- Ismail N, Wang Y, Dakhlallah D, Moldovan L, Agarwal K, Batte K, et al. Macrophage microvesicles induce macrophage differentiation and miR-223 transfer. Blood. 2013;121:984-95 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we find that microvesicles induce the differentiation of macrophages. Thus, defining key components of this response may identify novel targets to regulate host defense and inflammation. ..
- Xu J, Wu C, Che X, Wang L, Yu D, Zhang T, et al. Circulating microRNAs, miR-21, miR-122, and miR-223, in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma or chronic hepatitis. Mol Carcinog. 2011;50:136-42 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that serum miR-21, miR-122 and miR-223 are elevated in patients with HCC or chronic hepatitis and these miRNAs have strong potential to serve as novel biomarkers for liver injury but not specifically for HCC. ..
- Wong Q, Lung R, Law P, Lai P, Chan K, To K, et al. MicroRNA-223 is commonly repressed in hepatocellular carcinoma and potentiates expression of Stathmin1. Gastroenterology. 2008;135:257-69 pubmed publisher..02). Our study revealed specific miRNA differential expressions in HCC and underscores the potential importance of miR-223 down-regulations in the development of HCC. ..
- Yang M, Chen J, Su F, Yu B, Su F, Lin L, et al. Microvesicles secreted by macrophages shuttle invasion-potentiating microRNAs into breast cancer cells. Mol Cancer. 2011;10:117 pubmed publisher..Our data provide insight into the mechanisms underlying the metastasis-promoting interactions between macrophages and breast cancer cells. ..
- Bauernfeind F, Rieger A, Schildberg F, Knolle P, Schmid Burgk J, Hornung V. NLRP3 inflammasome activity is negatively controlled by miR-223. J Immunol. 2012;189:4175-81 pubmed publisher..Therefore, given the tight transcriptional control of NLRP3 message itself, miR-223 functions as an important rheostat controlling NLRP3 inflammasome activity. ..
- Zhao F, Han J, Chen X, Wang J, Wang X, Sun J, et al. miR-223 enhances the sensitivity of non-small cell lung cancer cells to erlotinib by targeting the insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor. Int J Mol Med. 2016;38:183-91 pubmed publisher..The overexpression of miR?223 may partially reverse the acquired resistance to epidermal growth factor receptor-TKIs, thus, providing a potential therapeutic strategy for TKI-resistant NSCLC. ..
- Yang W, Lan X, Li D, Li T, Lu S. MiR-223 targeting MAFB suppresses proliferation and migration of nasopharyngeal carcinoma cells. BMC Cancer. 2015;15:461 pubmed publisher..MiR-223 negatively regulates the growth and migration of NPC cells via reducing MAFB expression, and this finding provides a novel insight into understanding miR-223 regulation mechanism in nasopharyngeal carcinoma tumorigenesis. ..
- de Melo Maia B, Rodrigues I, Akagi E, Soares do Amaral N, Ling H, Monroig P, et al. MiR-223-5p works as an oncomiR in vulvar carcinoma by TP63 suppression. Oncotarget. 2016;7:49217-49231 pubmed publisher..Also, it is plausible that the evaluation of p63 expression in vulvar cancer at the biopsy level may bring important contribution on prognostic establishment and in elaborating better surgical approaches for vulvar cancer patients. ..
- Tachibana H, Sho R, Takeda Y, Zhang X, Yoshida Y, Narimatsu H, et al. Circulating miR-223 in Oral Cancer: Its Potential as a Novel Diagnostic Biomarker and Therapeutic Target. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0159693 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study suggested that circulating miR-223 may serve as a potential biomarker for diagnosis and that it may represent a novel therapeutic target for treatment of oral cancer. ..
- Moles R, Bellon M, Nicot C. STAT1: A Novel Target of miR-150 and miR-223 Is Involved in the Proliferation of HTLV-I-Transformed and ATL Cells. Neoplasia. 2015;17:449-62 pubmed publisher..HTLV-I-transformed and ATL-derived cells have reduced levels of miR150 and miR223 expression, which coincide with increased STAT1 expression and STAT1-dependent signaling...
- Filková M, Aradi B, Senolt L, Ospelt C, Vettori S, Mann H, et al. Association of circulating miR-223 and miR-16 with disease activity in patients with early rheumatoid arthritis. Ann Rheum Dis. 2014;73:1898-904 pubmed publisher..We suggest miR-223 as a marker of disease activity and miR-16 and miR-223 as possible predictors for disease outcome in ERA. ..
- de Leeuw D, van den Ancker W, Denkers F, de Menezes R, Westers T, Ossenkoppele G, et al. MicroRNA profiling can classify acute leukemias of ambiguous lineage as either acute myeloid leukemia or acute lymphoid leukemia. Clin Cancer Res. 2013;19:2187-96 pubmed publisher..miRNA-based classification of acute leukemia of ambiguous lineage might be of additional value in therapeutic decision making. ..
- Oglesby I, Chotirmall S, McElvaney N, Greene C. Regulation of cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator by microRNA-145, -223, and -494 is altered in ?F508 cystic fibrosis airway epithelium. J Immunol. 2013;190:3354-62 pubmed publisher..Defective CFTR function, Pseudomonas colonization, and inflammation may affect miRNA expression and contribute to the regulation of ?F508 CFTR...
- Ulbing M, Kirsch A, Leber B, Lemesch S, Münzker J, Schweighofer N, et al. MicroRNAs 223-3p and 93-5p in patients with chronic kidney disease before and after renal transplantation. Bone. 2017;95:115-123 pubmed publisher..Identified miRNA signatures can contribute to future risk markers or future therapeutic targets in bone and kidney disease. ..
- Hua L, Zheng W, Xia H, Zhou P, An L. Integration of multi-microarray datasets to identify chronic obstructive pulmonary disease-related miRNAs. Biomed Mater Eng. 2015;26 Suppl 1:S1903-15 pubmed publisher..96 and 0.75, respectively, thereby suggesting that these three miRNAs can effectively distinguish COPD patients and controls. ..
- Jia L, Liu Y. Downregulated serum miR-223 servers as biomarker in Alzheimer's disease. Cell Biochem Funct. 2016;34:233-7 pubmed publisher..879) than either miRNA alone. Our preliminary findings indicate that serum miR-223 might be a potential biomarker for AD evaluation. Copyright © 2016 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. ..
- Maes T, Cobos F, Schleich F, Sorbello V, Henket M, De Preter K, et al. Asthma inflammatory phenotypes show differential microRNA expression in sputum. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2016;137:1433-46 pubmed publisher..Expression of miR-223-3p, miR-142-3p, and miR-629-3p is increased in sputum of patients with severe asthma and is linked to neutrophilic airway inflammation, suggesting that these miRNAs contribute to this asthma inflammatory phenotype. ..
- Anglicheau D, Sharma V, Ding R, Hummel A, Snopkowski C, Dadhania D, et al. MicroRNA expression profiles predictive of human renal allograft status. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:5330-5 pubmed publisher..Our studies, in addition to suggesting a cellular basis for the altered intragraft expression of miRNAs, propose that miRNA expression patterns may serve as biomarkers of human renal allograft status. ..
- Sebastiani G, Fulci V, Niccolini S, Giannitti C, Bugatti S, Minisola G, et al. Over-expression of miR-223 in T-lymphocytes of early rheumatoid arthritis patients. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2011;29:1058-9 pubmed
- Takahashi K, Oda Y, Toyoda Y, Fukami T, Yokoi T, Nakajima M. Regulation of cytochrome b5 expression by miR-223 in human liver: effects on cytochrome P450 activities. Pharm Res. 2014;31:780-94 pubmed..miR-223 down-regulates b5 expression in the human liver, modulating P450 activities. ..
- Yu G, Chen X, Chen S, Ye W, Hou K, Liang M. MiR-19a, miR-122 and miR-223 are differentially regulated by hepatitis B virus X protein and involve in cell proliferation in hepatoma cells. J Transl Med. 2016;14:122 pubmed publisher..This study provides new insight into understanding how HBx protein interacts with miRNAs and subsequently regulates host function. ..
- Kriegsmann M, Randau T, Gravius S, Lisenko K, Altmann C, Arens N, et al. Expression of miR-146a, miR-155, and miR-223 in formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded synovial tissues of patients with rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. Virchows Arch. 2016;469:93-100 pubmed publisher..The usefulness of these miRs for the differential diagnosis of early phases of RA against OA remains to be investigated. ..
- Sun X, Li Y, Zheng M, Zuo W, Zheng W. MicroRNA-223 Increases the Sensitivity of Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Stem Cells to TRAIL-Induced Apoptosis by Targeting HAX-1. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0162754 pubmed publisher..Our findings have improved our understanding of the role of miR-223 in TNBC and may contribute to TNBC treatment. ..
- Dong Z, Qi R, Guo X, Zhao X, Li Y, Zeng Z, et al. MiR-223 modulates hepatocellular carcinoma cell proliferation through promoting apoptosis via the Rab1-mediated mTOR activation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;483:630-637 pubmed publisher..By targeting Rab1, miR-223 efficiently mediates the mTOR pathway. Given these, miR-223 may be a potential therapeutic target for treating HCC. ..
- He X, Sai X, Chen C, Zhang Y, Xu X, Zhang D, et al. Host serum miR-223 is a potential new biomarker for Schistosoma japonicum infection and the response to chemotherapy. Parasit Vectors. 2013;6:272 pubmed publisher..This study suggested that the circulating miR-223 could serve as a potential new biomarker for the detection of schistosome infection and the assessment of the response to chemotherapy. ..
- Shen J, Ambrosone C, Zhao H. Novel genetic variants in microRNA genes and familial breast cancer. Int J Cancer. 2009;124:1178-82 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that functional genetic variants in miRNA genes can potentially alter the regulation of key breast cancer genes. Whether they confer genetic susceptibility to breast cancer remains to be determined. ..
- Wang X, Wen X, Zhou J, Qi Y, Wu R, Wang Y, et al. MicroRNA-223 and microRNA-21 in peripheral blood B cells associated with progression of primary biliary cholangitis patients. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184292 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our study offers novel perspectives on the role of miRNAs in PBC pathogenesis. ..
- Hou B, Ishinaga H, Midorikawa K, Shah S, Nakamura S, Hiraku Y, et al. Circulating microRNAs as novel prognosis biomarkers for head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Cancer Biol Ther. 2015;16:1042-6 pubmed publisher..We conclude that these circulating miRNAs may serve as biomarkers to evaluate the efficacy of therapy and the prognosis of HNSCC. ..
- Wang H, Wang L, Wu Z, Sun R, Jin H, Ma J, et al. Three dysregulated microRNAs in serum as novel biomarkers for gastric cancer screening. Med Oncol. 2014;31:298 pubmed publisher..Significantly elevated expression of the three miRNAs was also observed in advanced GC patients, which suggested their availability in cancer staging. ..
- Birnie K, Yip Y, Ng D, Kirschner M, Reid G, PrÃªle C, et al. Loss of miR-223 and JNK Signaling Contribute to Elevated Stathmin in Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma. Mol Cancer Res. 2015;13:1106-18 pubmed publisher..miR-223 regulates STMN1 in MPM, and both are in turn regulated by the JNK signaling pathway. As such, miR-223 and STMN1 play an important role in regulating MPM cell motility and may be therapeutic targets. ..
- Wu N, Gao N, Fan D, Wei J, Zhang J, An J. miR-223 inhibits dengue virus replication by negatively regulating the microtubule-destabilizing protein STMN1 in EAhy926Â cells. Microbes Infect. 2014;16:911-22 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results suggest that miR-223 may act as a novel antiviral factor, which may open an avenue to limit DENV infection. ..
- Fabris L, Berton S, Citron F, D Andrea S, Segatto I, Nicoloso M, et al. Radiotherapy-induced miR-223 prevents relapse of breast cancer by targeting the EGF pathway. Oncogene. 2016;35:4914-26 pubmed publisher..Our study uncovers unknown effects of RT delivered on a wounded tissue and prompts to the use of anti-EGFR treatments, in a peri-operative treatment schedule, aimed to timely treat BC patients and restrain recurrence formation. ..
- Wang H, Chao K, Ng S, Bai A, Yu Q, Yu J, et al. Pro-inflammatory miR-223 mediates the cross-talk between the IL23 pathway and the intestinal barrier in inflammatory bowel disease. Genome Biol. 2016;17:58 pubmed publisher..Strategies designed to disrupt this interaction may provide novel therapeutic agents for the management of IBD. ..
- Mangiavacchi A, Sorci M, Masciarelli S, Larivera S, Legnini I, Iosue I, et al. The miR-223 host non-coding transcript linc-223 induces IRF4 expression in acute myeloid leukemia by acting as a competing endogenous RNA. Oncotarget. 2016;7:60155-60168 pubmed publisher..Therein, these findings indicate that the newly identified lncRNA linc-223 may have an important role in myeloid differentiation and leukemogenesis, at least in part, by cross-talking with IRF4 mRNA. ..
- Bhattacharya S, Steele R, Shrivastava S, Chakraborty S, Di Bisceglie A, Ray R. Serum miR-30e and miR-223 as Novel Noninvasive Biomarkers for Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Am J Pathol. 2016;186:242-7 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggested that serum miR-30e and miR-223 are useful biomarkers of HCC, irrespective of etiology, and deserve further study for their diagnostic value. ..
- Zhou X, Jin W, Jia H, Yan J, Zhang G. MiR-223 promotes the cisplatin resistance of human gastric cancer cells via regulating cell cycle by targeting FBXW7. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2015;34:28 pubmed publisher..Our findings revealed the roles of miR-223/FBXW7 signaling in the DDP resistance of GC cells and targeting it will be a potential strategic approach for reversing the DDP resistance in human GC. ..
- Wei Y, Guo D, Hou X, Jiang D. miRNA-223 suppresses FOXO1 and functions as a potential tumor marker in breast cancer. Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand). 2017;63:113-118 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we demonstrated that the miRNA-223can maintain cell proliferation of breast cancer cell through targeting FOXO 1, these results provide a new insight in tumor marker and potential therapeutic targets for breast cancer. ..
- Li M, He Y, Zhou Z, Ramirez T, Gao Y, Gao Y, et al. MicroRNA-223 ameliorates alcoholic liver injury by inhibiting the IL-6-p47phox-oxidative stress pathway in neutrophils. Gut. 2017;66:705-715 pubmed publisher..miR-223 is an important regulator to block neutrophil infiltration in alcoholic liver disease and could be a novel therapeutic target for the treatment of this malady. ..
- Akhter A, Patel J, Farooq F, Qureshi A, Taher Rad M, Elyamany G, et al. De Novo Acute Myeloid Leukemia in Adults: Suppression of MicroRNA-223 is Independent of LMO2 Protein Expression BUT Associate With Adverse Cytogenetic Profile and Undifferentiated Blast Morphology. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2015;23:733-9 pubmed publisherMicroRNA (MIR) signatures are critical to pathobiology and prognosis of acute myeloid leukemia (AML). MIR223 is expressed at low levels in progenitor cells, whereas high expression is induced by granulocytic differentiation...
- Zhang H, Yin Z, Ning K, Wang L, Guo R, Ji Z. Prognostic value of microRNA-223/epithelial cell transforming sequence 2 signaling in patients with osteosarcoma. Hum Pathol. 2014;45:1430-6 pubmed publisher..Of note, the combined miR-223 down-regulation and Ect2 up-regulation may be a possible marker of poor prognosis in this malignancy. ..
- Masciarelli S, Fontemaggi G, Di Agostino S, Donzelli S, Carcarino E, Strano S, et al. Gain-of-function mutant p53 downregulates miR-223 contributing to chemoresistance of cultured tumor cells. Oncogene. 2014;33:1601-8 pubmed publisher..On the basis of these findings, we propose that one of the pathways affected by mutant p53 to increase cellular resistance to chemotherapeutic agents involves miR-223 downregulation and the consequent upregulation of STMN-1. ..
- Yu Y, Zhang L, Wu D, Zhang Z, Huang F, Zhang J, et al. MiR-223 regulates human embryonic stem cell differentiation by targeting the IGF-1R/Akt signaling pathway. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e78769 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of miR-223 was found to maintain the undifferentiated state of hESCs, while addition of miR-223 induced differentiation. Furthermore, these effects were found to be likely dependent on IGF-1R/Akt signaling. ..
- Vickers K, Landstreet S, Levin M, Shoucri B, Toth C, Taylor R, et al. MicroRNA-223 coordinates cholesterol homeostasis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:14518-23 pubmed publisher..In summary, we identified a critical role for miR-223 in systemic cholesterol regulation by coordinated posttranscriptional control of multiple genes in lipoprotein and cholesterol metabolism. ..
- Wang H, Zhang P, Chen W, Feng D, Jia Y, Xie L. Four serum microRNAs identified as diagnostic biomarkers of sepsis. J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2012;73:850-4 pubmed publisher..Four serum miRNAs were identified as novel biomarkers of sepsis. II, diagnostic study. ..
- Li J, Guo Y, Liang X, Sun M, Wang G, De W, et al. MicroRNA-223 functions as an oncogene in human gastric cancer by targeting FBXW7/hCdc4. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2012;138:763-74 pubmed publisher..MiR-223 may serve as a novel therapeutic target in gastric cancer. ..
- Liang H, Yan X, Pan Y, Wang Y, Wang N, Li L, et al. MicroRNA-223 delivered by platelet-derived microvesicles promotes lung cancer cell invasion via targeting tumor suppressor EPB41L3. Mol Cancer. 2015;14:58 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates for the first time that platelet-secreted miR-223 via P-MVs can promote lung cancer cell invasion via targeting tumor suppressor EPB41L3. ..
- Schulte C, Molz S, Appelbaum S, Karakas M, Ojeda F, Lau D, et al. miRNA-197 and miRNA-223 Predict Cardiovascular Death in a Cohort of Patients with Symptomatic Coronary Artery Disease. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0145930 pubmed publisher..These results reinforce the assumption that circulating miRNAs are promising biomarkers with prognostic value with respect to future cardiovascular events. ..
- Chuang T, Wu H, Chen C, Gamboa G, Layman L, Diamond M, et al. MicroRNA-223 Expression is Upregulated in Insulin Resistant Human Adipose Tissue. J Diabetes Res. 2015;2015:943659 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, in AT miR-223 is an IR-related miRNA that may serve as a potential therapeutic target for the treatment of IR-related disorders. ..
- Felli N, Pedini F, Romania P, Biffoni M, Morsilli O, Castelli G, et al. MicroRNA 223-dependent expression of LMO2 regulates normal erythropoiesis. Haematologica. 2009;94:479-86 pubmed publisher..This study focused on the functional role of microRNA-223 (miR-223) on erythroid differentiation...
- Nemes K, CsÃ³ka M, Nagy N, MÃ¡rk Ã, VÃ¡radi Z, DankÃ³ T, et al. Expression of certain leukemia/lymphoma related microRNAs and its correlation with prognosis in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Pathol Oncol Res. 2015;21:597-604 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we suggest that overexpression of miR-128b and downregulation of miR-223 shows a significant correlation with treatment response and prognosis in childhood ALL. ..
- RodrÃguez Vicente A, Quwaider D, Benito R, Misiewicz Krzeminska I, HernÃ¡ndez SÃ¡nchez M, de Coca A, et al. MicroRNA-223 is a novel negative regulator of HSP90B1 in CLL. BMC Cancer. 2015;15:238 pubmed publisher..Our results provide a plausible explanation of why CLL patients harboring miR-223 downregulation are associated with a poor outcome, pointing out HSP90B1 as a new pathogenic mechanism in CLL and a promising therapeutic target. ..
- Aucher A, Rudnicka D, Davis D. MicroRNAs transfer from human macrophages to hepato-carcinoma cells and inhibit proliferation. J Immunol. 2013;191:6250-60 pubmed publisher..Thus, these data led us to propose that intercellular transfer of miRNA from immune cells could serve as a new defense against unwanted cell proliferation or tumor growth...
- Brendel C, Hänseler W, Wohlgensinger V, Bianchi M, Tokmak S, Chen Wichmann L, et al. Human miR223 promoter as a novel myelo-specific promoter for chronic granulomatous disease gene therapy. Hum Gene Ther Methods. 2013;24:151-9 pubmed publisher..In this context, we analyzed the myelospecificity of the human miR223 promoter, which is known to be strongly upregulated during myeloid differentiation, to drive myeloid-restricted ..