Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR214
Description: microRNA 214
Alias: MIRN214, miRNA214, mir-214
- Wang X, Chen J, Li F, Lin Y, Zhang X, Lv Z, et al. MiR-214 inhibits cell growth in hepatocellular carcinoma through suppression of ?-catenin. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;428:525-31 pubmed publisher..Given these, miR-214 may serve as a useful prognostic or therapeutic target for treatment of HCC. ..
- Peng R, Wan H, Li H, Liu M, Li X, Tang H. MicroRNA-214 suppresses growth and invasiveness of cervical cancer cells by targeting UDP-N-acetyl-?-D-galactosamine:polypeptide N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase 7. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:14301-9 pubmed publisher..Together, these results indicate that miR-214 is a new regulator of GALNT7, and both miR-214 and GALNT7 play important roles in the pathogenesis of cervical cancer. ..
- Shih T, Tien Y, Wen C, Yeh T, Yu M, Huang C, et al. MicroRNA-214 downregulation contributes to tumor angiogenesis by inducing secretion of the hepatoma-derived growth factor in human hepatoma. J Hepatol. 2012;57:584-91 pubmed publisher..A novel role of microRNA in tumorigenesis is identified. Downregulation of miR-214 contributes to the unusual hypervascularity of HCC via activation of the HDGF paracrine pathway for tumor angiogenesis. ..
- Misiewicz Krzeminska I, Sarasquete M, Quwaider D, Krzeminski P, Ticona F, Paíno T, et al. Restoration of microRNA-214 expression reduces growth of myeloma cells through positive regulation of P53 and inhibition of DNA replication. Haematologica. 2013;98:640-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, MiR-214 functions as a tumor suppressor in myeloma by positive regulation of p53 and inhibition of DNA replication. ..
- Qiang R, Wang F, Shi L, Liu M, Chen S, Wan H, et al. Plexin-B1 is a target of miR-214 in cervical cancer and promotes the growth and invasion of HeLa cells. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2011;43:632-41 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that plexin-B1, a target of miR-214, may function as an oncogene in human cervical cancer HeLa cells. ..
- Penna E, Orso F, Cimino D, Vercellino I, Grassi E, Quaglino E, et al. miR-214 coordinates melanoma progression by upregulating ALCAM through TFAP2 and miR-148b downmodulation. Cancer Res. 2013;73:4098-111 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results define a pathway involving miR-214, miR-148b, TFAP2, and ALCAM that is critical for establishing distant metastases in melanoma. ..
- Xia H, Ooi L, Hui K. MiR-214 targets ?-catenin pathway to suppress invasion, stem-like traits and recurrence of human hepatocellular carcinoma. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e44206 pubmed publisher..Therefore, miR-214 can directly or indirectly target CTNNB1 to modulate the ?-catenin signaling pathway in HCC. ..
- Derfoul A, Juan A, Difilippantonio M, Palanisamy N, Ried T, Sartorelli V. Decreased microRNA-214 levels in breast cancer cells coincides with increased cell proliferation, invasion and accumulation of the Polycomb Ezh2 methyltransferase. Carcinogenesis. 2011;32:1607-14 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that reduced miR-214 levels may contribute to breast tumorigenesis by allowing abnormally elevated Ezh2 accumulation and subsequent unchecked cell proliferation and invasion. ..
- Wang F, Liu M, Li X, Tang H. MiR-214 reduces cell survival and enhances cisplatin-induced cytotoxicity via down-regulation of Bcl2l2 in cervical cancer cells. FEBS Lett. 2013;587:488-95 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that miR-214 might be a candidate target for the development of novel therapeutic strategies to treat cervical cancer. ..
- Narducci M, Arcelli D, Picchio M, Lazzeri C, Pagani E, Sampogna F, et al. MicroRNA profiling reveals that miR-21, miR486 and miR-214 are upregulated and involved in cell survival in Sézary syndrome. Cell Death Dis. 2011;2:e151 pubmed publisher..In addition, we also provide an in vitro evidence for a contribution of miR-214, miR-486 and miR-21 to apoptotic resistance of CTCL cell line. ..
- Chen D, Wang Z, Zeng Z, Wu W, Zhang D, Luo H, et al. Identification of microRNA-214 as a negative regulator of colorectal cancer liver metastasis by way of regulation of fibroblast growth factor receptor 1 expression. Hepatology. 2014;60:598-609 pubmed publisher..miR-214 may serve as a potential marker to predict survival, and the miR-214-FGFR1 axis may be a therapeutic target in CRC patients. ..
- van Rooij E, Sutherland L, Liu N, Williams A, McAnally J, Gerard R, et al. A signature pattern of stress-responsive microRNAs that can evoke cardiac hypertrophy and heart failure. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:18255-60 pubmed
- Rutkovskiy A, Bliksøen M, Hillestad V, Amin M, Czibik G, Valen G, et al. Aquaporin-1 in cardiac endothelial cells is downregulated in ischemia, hypoxia and cardioplegia. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2013;56:22-33 pubmed publisher..AQP1 in mouse hearts is localized to endothelial cell membranes and caveolae. Cardioplegia, ischemia and hypoxia decrease AQP1 mRNA as well as total protein expression and glycosylation, possibly regulated by miR-214. ..
- Gonsalves C, Li C, Mpollo M, Pullarkat V, Malik P, Tahara S, et al. Erythropoietin-mediated expression of placenta growth factor is regulated via activation of hypoxia-inducible factor-1Î± and post-transcriptionally by miR-214 in sickle cell disease. Biochem J. 2015;468:409-23 pubmed publisher..This strategy has potential clinical implications for several pathological conditions including SCD. ..
- Zou Z, Fan L, Wang L, Xu J, Zhang R, Tian T, et al. miR-26a and miR-214 down-regulate expression of the PTEN gene in chronic lymphocytic leukemia, but not PTEN mutation or promoter methylation. Oncotarget. 2015;6:1276-85 pubmed..041). Inhibition of miR-26a or miR-214 could induce more apoptosis in primary cultured CLL cells. These findings support miR-26a and miR-214 down-regulate expression of PTEN in CLL, but not PTEN mutation or promoter methylation. ..
- Polytarchou C, Hommes D, Palumbo T, Hatziapostolou M, Koutsioumpa M, Koukos G, et al. MicroRNA214 Is Associated With Progression of Ulcerative Colitis, and Inhibition Reduces Development of Colitis and Colitis-Associated Cancer in Mice. Gastroenterology. 2015;149:981-92.e11 pubmed publisher..and carcinogenesis was induced by addition of azoxymethane; some mice also were given an inhibitor of microRNA214 (miR214)...
- He J, Tang Y, Tian Y. MicroRNAâ€‘214 promotes proliferation and inhibits apoptosis via targeting Bax in nasopharyngeal carcinoma cells. Mol Med Rep. 2015;12:6286-92 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the present study suggests that miRâ€‘214 may be a potential target for the treatment of nasopharyngeal carcinoma. ..
- Zhao X, Lu C, Chu W, Zhang Y, Zhang B, Zeng Q, et al. microRNA-214 Governs Lung Cancer Growth and Metastasis by Targeting Carboxypeptidase-D. DNA Cell Biol. 2016;35:715-721 pubmed..miR-214 is a tumor suppressor in lung cancer. miR-214 inhibits lung cancer progression by targeting CPD. The miR-214-CPD axis may be a therapeutic axis for lung cancer patients. ..
- Yan H, Xu T, Zhao H, Lee K, Wang H, Zhang Y. Isoflurane increases neuronal cell death vulnerability by downregulating miR-214. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e55276 pubmed publisher..Our data provide a new insight for inhaled anesthetics toxicity and indicate a possible mechanistic link between anesthetic application and neurodegenration in AD. ..
- Salim H, Akbar N, Zong D, Vaculova A, Lewensohn R, Moshfegh A, et al. miRNA-214 modulates radiotherapy response of non-small cell lung cancer cells through regulation of p38MAPK, apoptosis and senescence. Br J Cancer. 2012;107:1361-73 pubmed publisher..miRNA profiling of LC revealed putative RT resistance signalling circuits, which might help in sensitisation of LC to RT. ..
- Williams K, Renthal N, Gerard R, Mendelson C. The microRNA (miR)-199a/214 cluster mediates opposing effects of progesterone and estrogen on uterine contractility during pregnancy and labor. Mol Endocrinol. 2012;26:1857-67 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings identify miR-199a-3p/miR-214 as important regulators of myometrial contractility and provide new insight into strategies to prevent preterm birth. ..
- Yang X, Qin Y, Shao S, Yu Y, Zhang C, Dong H, et al. MicroRNA-214 Inhibits Left Ventricular Remodeling in an Acute Myocardial Infarction Rat Model by Suppressing Cellular Apoptosis via the Phosphatase and Tensin Homolog (PTEN). Int Heart J. 2016;57:247-50 pubmed publisher..The study results suggest that Ad-miR-214 improves LV remodeling and decreases the apoptosis of myocardial cells through PTEN, suggesting a possible mechanism by which Ad-miR-214 functions in protecting against AMI injury. ..
- Qi W, Chen J, Cheng X, Huang J, Xiang T, Li Q, et al. Targeting the Wnt-Regulatory Protein CTNNBIP1 by microRNA-214 Enhances the Stemness and Self-Renewal of Cancer Stem-Like Cells in Lung Adenocarcinomas. Stem Cells. 2015;33:3423-36 pubmed publisher..The identification of this functional miR-214-CTNNBIP1 interaction that regulates self-renewal in CSLCs has the potential to direct the development of novel therapeutic strategies for LAC. ..
- Liu B, Tian Y, Li F, Zhao Z, Jiang X, Zhai C, et al. Tumor-suppressing roles of miR-214 and miR-218 in breast cancer. Oncol Rep. 2016;35:3178-84 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrated that miR-214 and miR-218 function as tumor suppressors in breast cancer, and may become biomarkers and potential therapeutic targets in breast cancer. ..
- Guo J, Ma J, Zhao G, Li G, Fu Y, Luo Y, et al. Long Noncoding RNA LINC0086 Functions as a Tumor Suppressor in Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma by Targeting miR-214. Oncol Res. 2017;25:1189-1197 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study reports a novel mechanism underlying NPC carcinogenesis and provides a potential novel diagnosis and treatment biomarker for NPC. ..
- Li D, Liu J, Guo B, Liang C, Dang L, Lu C, et al. Osteoclast-derived exosomal miR-214-3p inhibits osteoblastic bone formation. Nat Commun. 2016;7:10872 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of miR-214-3p in osteoclasts may be a strategy for treating skeletal disorders involving a reduction in bone formation. ..
- Yu X, Luo A, Liu Y, Wang S, Li Y, Shi W, et al. MiR-214 increases the sensitivity of breast cancer cells to tamoxifen and fulvestrant through inhibition of autophagy. Mol Cancer. 2015;14:208 pubmed publisher..MiR-214 shows potential as a novel therapeutic strategy for overcoming endocrine resistance in ER(+) breast cancers. ..
- Li L, Hou D, Guo Y, Yang J, Liu Y, Zhang C, et al. Role of microRNA-214-targeting phosphatase and tensin homolog in advanced glycation end product-induced apoptosis delay in monocytes. J Immunol. 2011;186:2552-60 pubmed publisher..Our findings define a new role for miR-214-targeting PTEN in AGE-induced monocyte survival. ..
- Dong X, Liu H, Chen F, Li D, Zhao Y. MiR-214 promotes the alcohol-induced oxidative stress via down-regulation of glutathione reductase and cytochrome P450 oxidoreductase in liver cells. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2014;38:68-77 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrated a new mechanism by which the alcohol repressed the GSR and POR expression via up-regulation of miR-214 and in turn induced oxidative stress in liver cells. ..
- Kozlowska E, Krzyzosiak W, Koscianska E. Regulation of huntingtin gene expression by miRNA-137, -214, -148a, and their respective isomiRs. Int J Mol Sci. 2013;14:16999-7016 pubmed publisher..Hence, we demonstrated that certain 5'-end variants of miRNAs might be functional for the regulation of the same targets as canonical miRNAs...
- Hao M, Zang M, Zhao L, Deng S, Xu Y, Qi F, et al. Serum high expression of miR-214 and miR-135b as novel predictor for myeloma bone disease development and prognosis. Oncotarget. 2016;7:19589-600 pubmed publisher..The result of this study also set the foundation for searching more circulating miRNA as biomarker for tumor bone lesions. ..
- Zhao Z, Tan X, Zhao A, Zhu L, Yin B, Yuan J, et al. microRNA-214-mediated UBC9 expression in glioma. BMB Rep. 2012;45:641-6 pubmed..These findings suggest that miR-214 reduction facilitates UBC9 expression and is involved in the regulation of glioma cell proliferation. ..
- Yu G, Wang J, Xu K, Dong J. Dynamic regulation of uncoupling protein 2 expression by microRNA-214 in hepatocellular carcinoma. Biosci Rep. 2016;36: pubmed publisher..9792). Cumulatively, our data indicate that in the context of HCC, miR-214 acts as a putative tumour suppressor by targeting UCP2 and defines a novel mechanism of regulation of UCP2. ..
- Lv J, Wen W, Jiang C, Fu Q, Gu Y, Lv T, et al. Inhibition of microRNA-214 promotes epithelial-mesenchymal transition process and induces interstitial cystitis in postmenopausal women by upregulating Mfn2. Exp Mol Med. 2017;49:e357 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that the inhibition of miR-214 promotes the EMT process and contributes to bladder wall fibrosis by up-regulating Mfn2, thus leading to the occurrence of IC in postmenopausal women. ..
- Chan L, Yue P, Mak N, Wong R. Role of microRNA-214 in ginsenoside-Rg1-induced angiogenesis. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2009;38:370-7 pubmed publisher..These results signify a new understanding towards how a simple natural compound can affect physiological changes through modulation of miRNA expression. ..
- Wang J, Zhang X, Wang L, Dong Z, Du L, Yang Y, et al. Downregulation of urinary cell-free microRNA-214 as a diagnostic and prognostic biomarker in bladder cancer. J Surg Oncol. 2015;111:992-9 pubmed publisher..Urinary cell-free miR-214 is a hopeful biomarker for tumor stratification, early diagnosis and prognostic assessment of bladder cancer. ..
- Yin Y, Cai X, Chen X, Liang H, Zhang Y, Li J, et al. Tumor-secreted miR-214 induces regulatory T cells: a major link between immune evasion and tumor growth. Cell Res. 2014;24:1164-80 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals a novel mechanism through which cancer cell actively manipulates immune response via promoting Treg expansion. ..
- Ahmadian Elmi M, Bidmeshki Pour A, Naghavian R, Ghaedi K, Tanhaei S, Izadi T, et al. miR-27a and miR-214 exert opposite regulatory roles in Th17 differentiation via mediating different signaling pathways in peripheral blood CD4+ T lymphocytes of patients with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis. Immunogenetics. 2016;68:43-54 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that miR-27a may probably inhibit negative regulators of Th17 cell differentiation, thus promoting its differentiation while miR-214 has an adverse effect. ..
- Chen L, Charrier A, Zhou Y, Chen R, Yu B, Agarwal K, et al. Epigenetic regulation of connective tissue growth factor by MicroRNA-214 delivery in exosomes from mouse or human hepatic stellate cells. Hepatology. 2014;59:1118-29 pubmed publisher..Exosomal transfer of miR-214 is a paradigm for the regulation of CCN2-dependent fibrogenesis and identifies fibrotic pathways as targets of intercellular regulation by exosomal miRs. ..
- Afzal T, Luong L, Chen D, Zhang C, Yang F, Chen Q, et al. NCK Associated Protein 1 Modulated by miRNA-214 Determines Vascular Smooth Muscle Cell Migration, Proliferation, and Neointima Hyperplasia. J Am Heart Assoc. 2016;5: pubmed..We uncovered an important role of miR-214 and its target gene NCKAP1 in modulating VSMC functions and neointima hyperplasia. Our findings suggest that miR-214 represents a potential therapeutic target for vascular diseases. ..
- Li J, Wang Y, Wang K, Wang Z, Jia D, Yang B, et al. Downregulation of miR-214-3p May Contribute to Pathogenesis of Ulcerative Colitis via Targeting STAT6. Biomed Res Int. 2017;2017:8524972 pubmed publisher..Additionally, the results of the present study indicate that miR-214-3p and STAT6 axis may be a novel therapeutic target for intestinal inflammation of patients with active UC. ..
- Wang S, Jiao B, Geng S, Ma S, Liang Z, Lu S. Combined aberrant expression of microRNA-214 and UBC9 is an independent unfavorable prognostic factor for patients with gliomas. Med Oncol. 2014;31:767 pubmed publisher..A combined detection of miR-214/UBC9 expression may benefit us in predicting the prognosis of patients with advanced gliomas. ..
- Bucha S, Mukhopadhyay D, Bhattacharyya N. Regulation of mitochondrial morphology and cell cycle by microRNA-214 targeting Mitofusin2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;465:797-802 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of miR-214 could be a possible target of intervention in HD pathogenesis. ..
- Liu Y, Zhou H, Ma L, Hou Y, Pan J, Sun C, et al. MiR-214 suppressed ovarian cancer and negatively regulated semaphorin 4D. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:8239-48 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the data also demonstrated that sema 4D was the direct target of miR-214 and was negatively regulated by miR-214 in ovarian cancer cells. ..
- Huang H, Liu J, Hua H, Li S, Zhao J, Yue S, et al. MiR-214 and N-ras regulatory loop suppresses rhabdomyosarcoma cell growth and xenograft tumorigenesis. Oncotarget. 2014;5:2161-75 pubmed..Taken together, these data indicate that miR-214 is a bona fide suppressor of human RMS tumorigensis. ..
- Zhu X, Zhang Z, Han G, Han J, Qiu D. Overexpression of miR?214 promotes the progression of human osteosarcoma by regulating the Wnt/??catenin signaling pathway. Mol Med Rep. 2017;15:1884-1892 pubmed publisher..These data suggested the critical role of miR?214 in human osteosarcoma via regulation of the Wnt/??catenin signaling pathway and demonstrated that miR?214 is as an oncogene for human osteosarcoma. ..
- Wang J, Li J, Wang X, Zheng C, Ma W. Downregulation of microRNA-214 and overexpression of FGFR-1 contribute to hepatocellular carcinoma metastasis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;439:47-53 pubmed publisher..Therefore, miR-214 and FGFR-1 are potential prognostic markers and therapeutic targets in HCC. ..
- Kuninty P, Bojmar L, Tjomsland V, Larsson M, Storm G, Ã–stman A, et al. MicroRNA-199a and -214 as potential therapeutic targets in pancreatic stellate cells in pancreatic tumor. Oncotarget. 2016;7:16396-408 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this study reveals miR-199a-3p and miR-214-3p as major regulators of PSC activation and PSC-induced pro-tumoral effects, representing them as key therapeutic targets in pancreatic cancer. ..
- Afanasyeva E, Hotz Wagenblatt A, Glatting K, Westermann F. New miRNAs cloned from neuroblastoma. BMC Genomics. 2008;9:52 pubmed publisher..Some of these newly identified sequences reside within frequently altered chromosomal regions in NB tumours and may play a role in NB biology. ..
- He G, Hu J, Zhou L, Zhu X, Xin S, Zhang D, et al. The FOXD3/miR-214/MED19 axis suppresses tumour growth and metastasis in human colorectal cancer. Br J Cancer. 2016;115:1367-1378 pubmed publisher..FOXD3/miR-214/MED19 axis is important for the regulation of growth, invasion and metastasis of CRC. Targeting the miR-214-mediated axis might be helpful for the treatment of CRC. ..
- Gao K, Yin J, Dong J. Deregulated WWOX is involved in a negative feedback loop with microRNA-214-3p in osteosarcoma. Int J Mol Med. 2016;38:1850-1856 pubmed publisher..Our findings define a negative feedback pathway in control of WWOX and miR?214?3p expression, thus providing novel molecular targets for the treatment of osteosarcoma. ..
- Momose K, Minami A, Shimono Y, Mizutani K, Nobutani K, Azuma T, et al. miR-214 and hypoxia down-regulate Necl-2/CADM1 and enhance ErbB2/ErbB3 signaling. Genes Cells. 2013;18:195-202 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that miR-214 and hypoxia are novel regulators that down-regulate Necl-2 and enhance ErbB2/ErbB3 signaling. ..
- Li T, Yin K, Chen Z, Bao Y, Zhang S. MiR-214 regulates oral cancer KB cell apoptosis through targeting RASSF5. Genet Mol Res. 2017;16: pubmed publisher..Moreover, miR-214 regulated KB cell apoptosis through targeted inhibition of RASSF5 expression, FOXO3a phosphorylation, and BIM expression, suggesting its possible application as a novel therapeutic oral cancer target. ..
- Xu Z, Wang T. miR-214 promotes the proliferation and invasion of osteosarcoma cells through direct suppression of LZTS1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;449:190-5 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data provide compelling evidence that miR-214 functions as an onco-miRNA in OS, and its oncogenic effects are mediated chiefly through downregulation of LZTS1. ..
- Wang X, Sun J, Fu C, Wang D, Bi Z. MicroRNA-214 regulates osteosarcoma survival and growth by directly targeting phosphatase and tensin homolog. Mol Med Rep. 2014;10:3073-9 pubmed publisher..This study revealed that miRâ€‘214 exerted a crucial role in promoting osteosarcoma progression and this suggests that modulation of miRâ€‘214 levels may provide a novel therapeutic approach in cancer treatment. ..
- Che M, Shi T, Feng S, Li H, Zhang X, Feng N, et al. The MicroRNA-199a/214 Cluster Targets E-Cadherin and Claudin-2 and Promotes High Glucose-Induced Peritoneal Fibrosis. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2017;28:2459-2471 pubmed publisher..Overall, this study reveals a novel SRF-miR-199a/miR-214-E-cadherin/claudin-2 axis that mediates damage and fibrosis in PD. ..
- Chandrasekaran K, Sathyanarayanan A, Karunagaran D. MicroRNA-214 suppresses growth, migration and invasion through a novel target, high mobility group AT-hook 1, in human cervical and colorectal cancer cells. Br J Cancer. 2016;115:741-51 pubmed publisher..miR-214-mediated regulation of HMGA1 is a novel mechanism for its tumour-suppressive actions in human cervical and colorectal cancer cells and opens up avenues for novel therapeutic strategies for these two cancers. ..
- Wang Y, Shi D, Chen X, Gao C, Gao P. Clinicopathological significance of microRNA-214 in gastric cancer and its effect on cell biological behaviour. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e91307 pubmed publisher..And we identified that downregulation of microRNA-214 may regulate the proliferation, invasion and migration of gastric cancer cells by directly targeting CSF1. ..
- Shen G, Li W, Liu Y, Li X, Yuan H. Association between a microRNA-214 binding site polymorphism in the methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase gene and esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Genet Mol Res. 2016;15: pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that a polymorphism at the miR-214 binding site in the 3'-UTR of MTHFR is an ESCC susceptibility SNP in the Chinese population. ..
- Wang F, Li L, Chen Z, Zhu M, Gu Y. MicroRNA-214 acts as a potential oncogene in breast cancer by targeting the PTEN-PI3K/Akt signaling pathway. Int J Mol Med. 2016;37:1421-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, pharmaceutical interventions targeting miRâ€‘124 may provide a promising therapeutic strategy for the treatment of breast cancer. ..
- Lu Q, Xu L, Li C, Yuan Y, Huang S, Chen H. miR-214 inhibits invasion and migration via downregulating GALNT7 in esophageal squamous cell cancer. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:14605-14614 pubmed..Consequently, we concluded that miR-214 shows potential to be a diagnostic marker and therapeutic target in ESCC. ..
- Zhao W, Wu S, Zhang Y. Downregulation of miR-124 promotes the growth and invasiveness of glioblastoma cells involving upregulation of PPP1R13L. Int J Mol Med. 2013;32:101-7 pubmed publisher..Consequently, our findings provide a molecular basis for the role of miR-124/PPP1R13L in the progression of human glioblastoma and suggest a novel target for the treatment of glioblastoma. ..
- Li J, Zhang S, Qiu X, Zhang S, Zheng S, Zhang D. Long non-coding RNA NEAT1 promotes malignant progression of thyroid carcinoma by regulating miRNA-214. Int J Oncol. 2017;50:708-716 pubmed publisher..In addition, NEAT1 promoted the malignant progression of thyroid cancer through regulating miRNA?214 expression, which adds to our understanding of the molecular mechanisms in thyroid carcinoma. ..
- Das F, Dey N, Bera A, Kasinath B, Ghosh Choudhury N, Choudhury G. MicroRNA-214 Reduces Insulin-like Growth Factor-1 (IGF-1) Receptor Expression and Downstream mTORC1 Signaling in Renal Carcinoma Cells. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:14662-76 pubmed publisher..Our data provide evidence for a novel mechanism for IGF-1R-driven renal cancer cell proliferation involving miR-214 and mTORC1. ..
- Salim H, Arvanitis A, De Petris L, Kanter L, Haag P, Zovko A, et al. miRNA-214 is related to invasiveness of human non-small cell lung cancer and directly regulates alpha protein kinase 2 expression. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2013;52:895-911 pubmed publisher..However, we also showed that the membrane-localized PAPP-A had a higher expression level compared to the cytoplasm-localized. In conclusion, we show that low miRNA-214 expression is linked to a higher invasive potential of NSCLC cells. ..
- Zhang Q, Zhang S. miR-214 promotes radioresistance in human ovarian cancer cells by targeting PETN. Biosci Rep. 2017;37: pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data conclude that miR-214 contributes to radioresistance of ovarian cancer by directly targeting PTEN. ..
- Elemeery M, Badr A, Mohamed M, Ghareeb D. Validation of a serum microRNA panel as biomarkers for early diagnosis of hepatocellular carcinoma post-hepatitis C infection in Egyptian patients. World J Gastroenterol. 2017;23:3864-3875 pubmed publisher..Expression levels of miR214-5p, miR-125b, miR-1269 and miR-375 were quantified using quantitative real-time PCR...
- Alimirah F, Peng X, Gupta A, Yuan L, Welsh J, Cleary M, et al. Crosstalk between the vitamin D receptor (VDR) and miR-214 in regulating SuFu, a hedgehog pathway inhibitor in breast cancer cells. Exp Cell Res. 2016;349:15-22 pubmed publisher..miR-214 on the other hand suppressed SuFu protein expression. These findings suggest a crosstalk between VDR and miR-214 in regulating hedgehog signaling in breast cancer cells, providing new therapies for breast cancer. ..
- Yamane K, Jinnin M, Etoh T, Kobayashi Y, Shimozono N, Fukushima S, et al. Down-regulation of miR-124/-214 in cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma mediates abnormal cell proliferation via the induction of ERK. J Mol Med (Berl). 2013;91:69-81 pubmed publisher..On the other hand, miR-214 was not detected in the serum. Investigation of the regulatory mechanisms of keratinocyte proliferation by microRNA may lead to develop new biomarkers and treatments using microRNA. ..