Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR210
Description: microRNA 210
Alias: MIRN210, mir-210
- McCormick R, Blick C, Ragoussis J, Schoedel J, Mole D, Young A, et al. miR-210 is a target of hypoxia-inducible factors 1 and 2 in renal cancer, regulates ISCU and correlates with good prognosis. Br J Cancer. 2013;108:1133-42 pubmed publisher..We provide further evidence of miR-210 activity in vivo, and show that high miR-210 expression is associated with better clinico-pathological prognostic factors. ..
- Yamasaki K, Nakasa T, Miyaki S, Yamasaki T, Yasunaga Y, Ochi M. Angiogenic microRNA-210 is present in cells surrounding osteonecrosis. J Orthop Res. 2012;30:1263-70 pubmed publisher..This study shows that miR-210 is intensely expressed in ON, and might play a role in ON pathogenesis. The present study provides a solid basis for further functional analyses of miRNAs in ON...
- Huang X, Ding L, Bennewith K, Tong R, Welford S, Ang K, et al. Hypoxia-inducible mir-210 regulates normoxic gene expression involved in tumor initiation. Mol Cell. 2009;35:856-67 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data implicate an important role for mir-210 in regulating the hypoxic response of tumor cells and tumor growth. ..
- Qiao A, Khechaduri A, Kannan Mutharasan R, Wu R, Nagpal V, Ardehali H. MicroRNA-210 decreases heme levels by targeting ferrochelatase in cardiomyocytes. J Am Heart Assoc. 2013;2:e000121 pubmed publisher..Our results identify a role for miR-210 in the regulation of heme production by targeting and inhibiting FECH under normoxic conditions. ..
- Lorenzen J, Kielstein J, Hafer C, Gupta S, Kümpers P, Faulhaber Walter R, et al. Circulating miR-210 predicts survival in critically ill patients with acute kidney injury. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2011;6:1540-6 pubmed publisher..Circulating miRNAs are altered in patients with kidney injury AKI. MiR-210 predicts mortality in this patient cohort and may serve as a novel biomarker AKI reflecting pathophysiological changes on a cellular level. ..
- Rothé F, Ignatiadis M, Chaboteaux C, Haibe Kains B, Kheddoumi N, Majjaj S, et al. Global microRNA expression profiling identifies MiR-210 associated with tumor proliferation, invasion and poor clinical outcome in breast cancer. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e20980 pubmed publisher..Expression of miR-210 is linked to tumor proliferation and appears to be a strong potential biomarker of clinical outcome in BC. ..
- Li Z, Zhang H, Yang Z, Wen G, Cui Y, Shao G. Prognostic significance of serum microRNA-210 levels in nonsmall-cell lung cancer. J Int Med Res. 2013;41:1437-44 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that serum miR-210 levels might be a novel diagnostic and prognostic marker of NSCLC. ..
- Hong L, Yang J, Han Y, Lu Q, Cao J, Syed L. High expression of miR-210 predicts poor survival in patients with breast cancer: a meta-analysis. Gene. 2012;507:135-8 pubmed publisher..39 (95% CI: 2.04-5.63, P<0.05), which could significantly predict poorer survival. High expression of miR-210 might predict poor survival in patients with breast cancer. ..
- Noman M, Buart S, Romero P, Ketari S, Janji B, Mari B, et al. Hypoxia-inducible miR-210 regulates the susceptibility of tumor cells to lysis by cytotoxic T cells. Cancer Res. 2012;72:4629-41 pubmed
- Favaro E, Ramachandran A, McCormick R, Gee H, Blancher C, Crosby M, et al. MicroRNA-210 regulates mitochondrial free radical response to hypoxia and krebs cycle in cancer cells by targeting iron sulfur cluster protein ISCU. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10345 pubmed publisher..Induction of these major hallmarks of cancer show that a single microRNA, miR-210, mediates a new mechanism of adaptation to hypoxia, by regulating mitochondrial function via iron-sulfur cluster metabolism and free radical generation. ..
- Li T, Cao H, Zhuang J, Wan J, Guan M, Yu B, et al. Identification of miR-130a, miR-27b and miR-210 as serum biomarkers for atherosclerosis obliterans. Clin Chim Acta. 2011;412:66-70 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the expression of miR-130a and miR-27b in sera of ASO patients was positively correlated with Fontaine stages. The serum levels of miR-130a, miR-27b and miR-210 may serve as potential biomarkers for early stage ASO. ..
- Ivan M, Huang X. miR-210: fine-tuning the hypoxic response. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2014;772:205-27 pubmed publisher..Additional microRNAs seem to be modulated by low oxygen in a more tissue-specific fashion, adding another layer of complexity to the vast array of protein-coding genes regulated by hypoxia. ..
- Iwamoto H, Kanda Y, Sejima T, Osaki M, Okada F, Takenaka A. Serum miR-210 as a potential biomarker of early clear cell renal cell carcinoma. Int J Oncol. 2014;44:53-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, serum miR-210 upregulation may occur in the early stage of CCC and serum miR-210 can be a useful biomarker for early CCC in humans. ..
- Fasanaro P, Romani S, Voellenkle C, Maimone B, Capogrossi M, Martelli F. ROD1 is a seedless target gene of hypoxia-induced miR-210. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e44651 pubmed..ROD1 targeting by miR-210 was biologically significant: the rescue of ROD1 inhibition significantly increased hypoxia-induced cell death. These data highlight the importance of ROD1 regulation by miR-210 for cell homeostasis. ..
- Takikawa T, Masamune A, Hamada S, Nakano E, Yoshida N, Shimosegawa T. miR-210 regulates the interaction between pancreatic cancer cells and stellate cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;437:433-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results suggest a novel role of miR-210 in the interaction between PSCs and pancreatic cancer cells. ..
- Zhao D, Chen Y, Jiang H, Lu J, Zhang G, Geng J, et al. Serum miR-210 and miR-30a expressions tend to revert to fetal levels in Chinese adult patients with chronic heart failure. Cardiovasc Pathol. 2013;22:444-50 pubmed publisher..The serum expression levels of some HF-related miRNAs in HF patients tended towards fetal levels. Among them, miR-210 and miR-30a were elevated in the HF and fetus groups. ..
- Li Y, Ma X, Zhao J, Zhang B, Jing Z, Liu L. microRNA-210 as a prognostic factor in patients with breast cancer: meta-analysis. Cancer Biomark. 2013;13:471-81 pubmed publisher..All the subgroup analysis showed stable prognostic value. Over-expressed microRNA-210 demonstrated a significantly higher risk of recurrence, metastasis and overall decreased survival rates for breast cancer patients. ..
- Gou D, Ramchandran R, Peng X, Yao L, Kang K, Sarkar J, et al. miR-210 has an antiapoptotic effect in pulmonary artery smooth muscle cells during hypoxia. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2012;303:L682-91 pubmed publisher..Our results have identified miR-210 as a hypoxia-inducible miRNA both in vitro and in vivo, which inhibits pulmonary vascular smooth muscle cell apoptosis in hypoxia by specifically repressing E2F3 expression. ..
- Greither T, Grochola L, Udelnow A, Lautenschlager C, Wurl P, Taubert H. Elevated expression of microRNAs 155, 203, 210 and 222 in pancreatic tumors is associated with poorer survival. Int J Cancer. 2010;126:73-80 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the putative target genes for these microRNAs suggest a complex signaling network that can affect PDAC tumorigenesis and tumor progression...
- Chan S, Zhang Y, Hemann C, Mahoney C, Zweier J, Loscalzo J. MicroRNA-210 controls mitochondrial metabolism during hypoxia by repressing the iron-sulfur cluster assembly proteins ISCU1/2. Cell Metab. 2009;10:273-84 pubmed publisher..These results identify important mechanistic connections among microRNA, iron-sulfur cluster biology, hypoxia, and mitochondrial function, with broad implications for cellular metabolism and adaptation to cellular stress. ..
- Lee D, Romero R, Kim J, Tarca A, Montenegro D, Pineles B, et al. miR-210 targets iron-sulfur cluster scaffold homologue in human trophoblast cell lines: siderosis of interstitial trophoblasts as a novel pathology of preterm preeclampsia and small-for-gestational-age pregnancies. Am J Pathol. 2011;179:590-602 pubmed publisher..The findings herein suggest that ISCU down-regulation by miR-210 perturbing trophoblast iron metabolism is associated with defective placentation. ..
- Grosso S, Doyen J, Parks S, Bertero T, Paye A, Cardinaud B, et al. MiR-210 promotes a hypoxic phenotype and increases radioresistance in human lung cancer cell lines. Cell Death Dis. 2013;4:e544 pubmed publisher..Given the high stability of most miRNAs, this advantage could be used by tumor cells in conditions where reoxygenation has occurred and suggests that strategies targeting miR-210 could enhance tumor radiosensitization. ..
- Gee H, Camps C, Buffa F, Patiar S, Winter S, Betts G, et al. hsa-mir-210 is a marker of tumor hypoxia and a prognostic factor in head and neck cancer. Cancer. 2010;116:2148-58 pubmed publisher..This warrants further study as a classification marker of patients for therapies involving modulation of hypoxia. ..
- Colleoni F, Padmanabhan N, Yung H, Watson E, Cetin I, Tissot van Patot M, et al. Suppression of mitochondrial electron transport chain function in the hypoxic human placenta: a role for miRNA-210 and protein synthesis inhibition. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e55194 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that mitochondrial function is altered in hypoxic human placentas, with specific suppression of complexes I and IV compromising energy metabolism and potentially contributing to impaired fetal growth. ..
- Sarakul O, Vattanaviboon P, Tanaka Y, Fucharoen S, Abe Y, Svasti S, et al. Enhanced erythroid cell differentiation in hypoxic condition is in part contributed by miR-210. Blood Cells Mol Dis. 2013;51:98-103 pubmed publisher..This indicated that miR-210 contributes to hypoxia-induced erythroid differentiation in both K562 cells and ?-thalassemia/HbE erythroid progenitor cells. ..
- Wang F, Xiong L, Huang X, Zhao T, Wu L, Liu Z, et al. miR-210 suppresses BNIP3 to protect against the apoptosis of neural progenitor cells. Stem Cell Res. 2013;11:657-67 pubmed publisher..This negative feedback regulation might partially contribute to protection against hypoxia-induced cell death via the inhibition of AIF nuclear translocation. ..
- Fasanaro P, D Alessandra Y, Di Stefano V, Melchionna R, Romani S, Pompilio G, et al. MicroRNA-210 modulates endothelial cell response to hypoxia and inhibits the receptor tyrosine kinase ligand Ephrin-A3. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:15878-83 pubmed publisher..We conclude that miR-210 up-regulation is a crucial element of endothelial cell response to hypoxia, affecting cell survival, migration, and differentiation. ..
- Wang J, Zhao J, Shi M, Ding Y, Sun H, Yuan F, et al. Elevated expression of miR-210 predicts poor survival of cancer patients: a systematic review and meta-analysis. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e89223 pubmed publisher..While the predictive effect on overall survival, breast cancer overall survival, breast cancer disease-free survival, sarcoma overall survival and renal cancer overall survival was not statistically significant. ..
- Zhang Y, Fei M, Xue G, Zhou Q, Jia Y, Li L, et al. Elevated levels of hypoxia-inducible microRNA-210 in pre-eclampsia: new insights into molecular mechanisms for the disease. J Cell Mol Med. 2012;16:249-59 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our study implicates an important role for mir-210 in the molecular mechanism of pre-eclampsia. ..
- Devlin C, Greco S, Martelli F, Ivan M. miR-210: More than a silent player in hypoxia. IUBMB Life. 2011;63:94-100 pubmed publisher..Such targets may broadly affect the evolution of tumors and other pathological settings, such as ischemic disorders. Harnessing the knowledge of miR-210's actions may lead to novel diagnostic and therapeutic approaches. ..
- Cai H, Lin L, Cai H, Tang M, Wang Z. Prognostic evaluation of microRNA-210 expression in pediatric osteosarcoma. Med Oncol. 2013;30:499 pubmed publisher..02). These findings suggested that miR-210 upregulation showed a strong correlation with tumor aggressive progression of pediatric osteosarcoma and could help prognostic screening of patients with this malignancy...
- Ishibashi O, Ohkuchi A, Ali M, Kurashina R, Luo S, Ishikawa T, et al. Hydroxysteroid (17-?) dehydrogenase 1 is dysregulated by miR-210 and miR-518c that are aberrantly expressed in preeclamptic placentas: a novel marker for predicting preeclampsia. Hypertension. 2012;59:265-73 pubmed publisher..We conclude that HSD17B1 is dysregulated by miR-210 and miR-518c that are aberrantly expressed in preeclamptic placenta and that reducing plasma level of HSD17B1 precedes the onset of PE and is a potential prognostic factor for PE. ..
- Lorenzen J, Volkmann I, Fiedler J, Schmidt M, Scheffner I, Haller H, et al. Urinary miR-210 as a mediator of acute T-cell mediated rejection in renal allograft recipients. Am J Transplant. 2011;11:2221-7 pubmed publisher..The miR-210 levels identify patients with acute rejection and predict long-term kidney function. Urinary miR-210 may thus serve as a novel biomarker of acute kidney rejection. ..
- Bertero T, Grosso S, Robbe Sermesant K, Lebrigand K, Henaoui I, Puissegur M, et al. "Seed-Milarity" confers to hsa-miR-210 and hsa-miR-147b similar functional activity. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e44919 pubmed publisher..Besides, it implies that functional impact of some miRNAs can be masked by robust expression of miRNAs belonging to distinct families. ..
- Quero L, Dubois L, Lieuwes N, Hennequin C, Lambin P. miR-210 as a marker of chronic hypoxia, but not a therapeutic target in prostate cancer. Radiother Oncol. 2011;101:203-8 pubmed publisher..miR-210 could be an interesting marker of chronic hypoxia irrespective of the androgen dependency and should, therefore, be tested as a prognostic marker in high risk prostate cancer patients. ..
- Eilertsen M, Andersen S, Al Saad S, Richardsen E, Stenvold H, Hald S, et al. Positive prognostic impact of miR-210 in non-small cell lung cancer. Lung Cancer. 2014;83:272-8 pubmed publisher..011). We show that miR-210 in stromal cells, and co-expressed in cancer cells and stromal cells mediates an independent prognostic impact. It is a candidate marker for prognostic stratification in NSCLC. ..
- Chang W, Lee C, Park J, Park M, Maeng L, Yoon C, et al. Survival of hypoxic human mesenchymal stem cells is enhanced by a positive feedback loop involving miR-210 and hypoxia-inducible factor 1. J Vet Sci. 2013;14:69-76 pubmed..These data demonstrated that a positive feedback loop involving miR-210 and HIF-1? was important for MSC survival under hypoxic conditions. ..
- Zhang Z, Sun H, Dai H, Walsh R, Imakura M, Schelter J, et al. MicroRNA miR-210 modulates cellular response to hypoxia through the MYC antagonist MNT. Cell Cycle. 2009;8:2756-68 pubmed..Thus, miR-210 influences the hypoxia response in tumor cells through targeting a key transcriptional repressor of the MYC-MAX network. ..
- Gunel T, Zeybek Y, Akçakaya P, Kalelioglu I, Benian A, Ermis H, et al. Serum microRNA expression in pregnancies with preeclampsia. Genet Mol Res. 2011;10:4034-40 pubmed publisher..We propose that detection of increased mir-210 levels in maternal serum could be used to improve prediction methods for noninvasive prenatal diagnosis of preeclampsia. ..
- Kelly T, Souza A, Clish C, Puigserver P. A hypoxia-induced positive feedback loop promotes hypoxia-inducible factor 1alpha stability through miR-210 suppression of glycerol-3-phosphate dehydrogenase 1-like. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:2696-706 pubmed publisher..We propose a model in which hypoxia-induced miR-210 represses GPD1L, contributing to suppression of PHD activity, and increases of HIF-1? protein levels. ..
- Redova M, Poprach A, Besse A, Iliev R, Nekvindova J, Lakomy R, et al. MiR-210 expression in tumor tissue and in vitro effects of its silencing in renal cell carcinoma. Tumour Biol. 2013;34:481-91 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first report to show miR-210 regulatory effects on cell migration, invasive potential, and HIF1a protein in RCC cells. ..
- Tsuchiya S, Fujiwara T, Sato F, Shimada Y, Tanaka E, Sakai Y, et al. MicroRNA-210 regulates cancer cell proliferation through targeting fibroblast growth factor receptor-like 1 (FGFRL1). J Biol Chem. 2011;286:420-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings show an important role for miR-210 as a tumor-suppressive microRNA with effects on cancer cell proliferation. ..
- Bianchi N, Zuccato C, Lampronti I, Borgatti M, Gambari R. Expression of miR-210 during erythroid differentiation and induction of gamma-globin gene expression. BMB Rep. 2009;42:493-9 pubmed..Altogether, the data suggest that miR-210 might be involved in increased expression of gamma-globin genes in differentiating erythroid cells. ..
- Kim J, Park S, Song S, Kim J, Sung J. Reactive oxygen species-responsive miR-210 regulates proliferation and migration of adipose-derived stem cells via PTPN2. Cell Death Dis. 2013;4:e588 pubmed publisher..Transcription of miR-210 expression is regulated by NF-?B and Elk1, and miR-210 increases the proliferation and migration of ASCs via ISCU2 and PTPN2 downregulation. ..
- Puissegur M, Mazure N, Bertero T, Pradelli L, Grosso S, Robbe Sermesant K, et al. miR-210 is overexpressed in late stages of lung cancer and mediates mitochondrial alterations associated with modulation of HIF-1 activity. Cell Death Differ. 2011;18:465-78 pubmed publisher..These observations help explain contradictory data regarding miR-210 expression and its putative function in solid tumors. ..
- Ying Q, Liang L, Guo W, Zha R, Tian Q, Huang S, et al. Hypoxia-inducible microRNA-210 augments the metastatic potential of tumor cells by targeting vacuole membrane protein 1 in hepatocellular carcinoma. Hepatology. 2011;54:2064-75 pubmed publisher..These findings extend our understanding of the function of miR-210 in the hypoxia pathway, and this newly identified hypoxia/miR-210/VMP1 pathway should facilitate the development of novel therapeutics against hypoxic tumor cells. ..
- Chen Z, Li Y, Zhang H, Huang P, Luthra R. Hypoxia-regulated microRNA-210 modulates mitochondrial function and decreases ISCU and COX10 expression. Oncogene. 2010;29:4362-8 pubmed publisher..The unique means by which miR-210 regulates mitochondrial function reveals an miRNA-mediated link between microenvironmental stress, oxidative phosphorylation, ROS and iron homeostasis. ..
- Yang W, Wei J, Sun T, Liu F. Effects of knockdown of miR-210 in combination with ionizing radiation on human hepatoma xenograft in nude mice. Radiat Oncol. 2013;8:102 pubmed publisher..Our experiments demonstrated specific inhibition of miR-210 expression might be a means to enhance the effectiveness of radiotherapy to human hepatoma. ..
- Kosaka N, Iguchi H, Hagiwara K, Yoshioka Y, Takeshita F, Ochiya T. Neutral sphingomyelinase 2 (nSMase2)-dependent exosomal transfer of angiogenic microRNAs regulate cancer cell metastasis. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:10849-59 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the horizontal transfer of exosomal miRNAs from cancer cells can dictate the microenviromental niche for the benefit of the cancer cell, like "on demand system" for cancer cells. ..
- Kopriva S, Chiasson V, Mitchell B, Chatterjee P. TLR3-induced placental miR-210 down-regulates the STAT6/interleukin-4 pathway. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e67760 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that TLR3 activation induces placental miR-210 via HIF-1? and NF-?Bp50 leading to decreased STAT6 and IL-4 levels and this may contribute to the development of PE. ..
- Neal C, Michael M, Rawlings L, Van der Hoek M, Gleadle J. The VHL-dependent regulation of microRNAs in renal cancer. BMC Med. 2010;8:64 pubmed publisher..See Commentary: http://www.biomedcentral.com/1741-7015/8/65. ..
- Lou Y, Guo F, Liu F, Gao F, Zhang P, Niu X, et al. miR-210 activates notch signaling pathway in angiogenesis induced by cerebral ischemia. Mol Cell Biochem. 2012;370:45-51 pubmed publisher..Up-regulation of miR-210 can activate the Notch signaling pathway, which may contribute to angiogenesis after cerebral ischemia. ..
- Yamagata T, Yoshizawa J, Ohashi S, Yanaga K, Ohki T. Expression patterns of microRNAs are altered in hypoxic human neuroblastoma cells. Pediatr Surg Int. 2010;26:1179-84 pubmed publisher..There was no relation between the expression of miRNA and the amplification of MYCN. Our results thus suggest a possible causal relation between these three miRNAs and the malignancy of neuroblastoma in hypoxic conditions. ..
- Merlo A, Bernardo CastiÃ±eira C, SÃ¡enz de Santa MarÃa I, Pitiot A, BalbÃn M, Astudillo A, et al. Role of VHL, HIF1A and SDH on the expression of miR-210: Implications for tumoral pseudo-hypoxic fate. Oncotarget. 2017;8:6700-6717 pubmed publisher..This combined analysis provides insights into the mechanisms of HIF-1Î±/miR-210 regulation in normal and tumor tissues potentially useful for understanding the pathogenesis of cancer and other diseases sharing similar underpinnings. ..
- Ota T, Doi K, Fujimoto T, Tanaka Y, Ogawa M, Matsuzaki H, et al. KRAS up-regulates the expression of miR-181a, miR-200c and miR-210 in a three-dimensional-specific manner in DLD-1 colorectal cancer cells. Anticancer Res. 2012;32:2271-5 pubmed..Oncogenic KRAS regulates 3D-specific miRNAs that are possibly associated with CRC development in vivo. ..
- Liu C, Tang X. Downregulation of microRNA-210 inhibits osteosarcoma growth in vitro and in vivo. Mol Med Rep. 2015;12:3674-80 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the findings of the present study suggested that miRâ€‘210 is a potential therapeutic agent for the treatment of OS. ..
- Tang D, Huang Y, Liu W, Zhang X. Up-Regulation of microRNA-210 is Associated with Spermatogenesis by Targeting IGF2 in Male Infertility. Med Sci Monit. 2016;22:2905-10 pubmed..The results also indicated that IGF2 was directly targeted by miR-210 in NT2 cells. CONCLUSIONS The results showed that miR-210 was involved in spermatogenesis by targeting IGF2 in male infertility. ..
- Lee D, Futami M, Carroll M, Feng Y, Wang Z, Fernandez M, et al. Loss of SHIP-1 protein expression in high-risk myelodysplastic syndromes is associated with miR-210 and miR-155. Oncogene. 2012;31:4085-94 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that miR-155 and miR-210/SHIP-1/Akt pathways could serve as clinical biomarkers for disease progression, and that miR-155 and miR-210 might serve as novel therapeutic targets in MDS. ..
- Eissa S, Matboli M, Essawy N, Kotb Y. Integrative functional genetic-epigenetic approach for selecting genes as urine biomarkers for bladder cancer diagnosis. Tumour Biol. 2015;36:9545-52 pubmed publisher..5 %). There was a significant positive correlation between HYAL1 and the selected epigenetic biomarkers. The performance of this urine biomarker panel reached 100 % sensitivity and 89.5 % specificity for bladder cancer diagnosis. ..
- Pak M, Lee C, Lee W, Shin D, Roh M. Unique microRNAs in lung adenocarcinoma groups according to major TKI sensitive EGFR mutation status. Diagn Pathol. 2015;10:99 pubmed publisher..This study also suggests different miRNA expression between EGFR mutation group and wild type group. Consequently, further studies of the biology of miRNAs may lead to diagnostic and prognostic biomarkers in pulmonary adenocarcinoma. ..