Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR20A
Description: microRNA 20a
Alias: MIR20, MIRN20, MIRN20A, hsa-mir-20, hsa-mir-20a, miR-20, miRNA20A
- Kang H, Wang F, Wei Q, Zhao Y, Liu M, Li X, et al. miR-20a promotes migration and invasion by regulating TNKS2 in human cervical cancer cells. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:897-904 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we concluded that miR-20a can promote migration and invasion of cervical cancer cells through the upregulation of TNKS2. ..
- Mestdagh P, Boström A, Impens F, Fredlund E, Van Peer G, De Antonellis P, et al. The miR-17-92 microRNA cluster regulates multiple components of the TGF-? pathway in neuroblastoma. Mol Cell. 2010;40:762-73 pubmed publisher..By functioning both upstream and downstream of pSMAD2, miR-17-92 activation triggers downregulation of multiple key effectors along the TGF-? signaling cascade as well as direct inhibition of TGF-?-responsive genes. ..
- Chang C, Yang Y, Li Y, Chen S, Lin B, Wu T, et al. MicroRNA-17/20a functions to inhibit cell migration and can be used a prognostic marker in oral squamous cell carcinoma. Oral Oncol. 2013;49:923-931 pubmed publisher..miR-17/20a acts as a prognostic predictor of OSCC patients' outcome and a tumor migration suppressor miRNA. ..
- O Donnell K, Wentzel E, Zeller K, Dang C, Mendell J. c-Myc-regulated microRNAs modulate E2F1 expression. Nature. 2005;435:839-43 pubmed
- Yu Z, Wang C, Wang M, Li Z, Casimiro M, Liu M, et al. A cyclin D1/microRNA 17/20 regulatory feedback loop in control of breast cancer cell proliferation. J Cell Biol. 2008;182:509-17 pubmed publisher..In turn, miR-17/20 limits the proliferative function of cyclin D1, thus linking expression of a specific miRNA cluster to the regulation of oncogenesis. ..
- Chang Y, Liu C, Yang J, Liu G, Feng F, Tang J, et al. MiR-20a triggers metastasis of gallbladder carcinoma. J Hepatol. 2013;59:518-27 pubmed publisher..TGF-?1-mediated activation of the miR-20a/Smad7/?-catenin axis plays a pivotal role in the pathogenesis and worse prognosis of GBCs and may serve as a potential therapeutic target in the future. ..
- Pickering M, Stadler B, Kowalik T. miR-17 and miR-20a temper an E2F1-induced G1 checkpoint to regulate cell cycle progression. Oncogene. 2009;28:140-5 pubmed publisher..These data provide a mechanistic view of miRNA-based regulation of E2F1 in the context of the emerging model that miRNAs coordinate the timing of cell cycle progression. ..
- Chai H, Liu M, Tian R, Li X, Tang H. miR-20a targets BNIP2 and contributes chemotherapeutic resistance in colorectal adenocarcinoma SW480 and SW620 cell lines. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2011;43:217-25 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings suggested that miR-20a may play a role in colorectal adenocarcinoma cancer cell drug resistance and may be a therapeutic target against chemotherapy drug resistance in colorectal adenocarcinoma. ..
- Wang W, Feng L, Zhang H, Hachy S, Satohisa S, Laurent L, et al. Preeclampsia up-regulates angiogenesis-associated microRNA (i.e., miR-17, -20a, and -20b) that target ephrin-B2 and EPHB4 in human placenta. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2012;97:E1051-9 pubmed publisher..They regulate EPHB4 and ephrin-B2 expression in trophoblast and endothelial cells via the same "seed" sequence, suggesting their roles in early placental development. ..
- Wang M, Gu H, Qian H, Zhu W, Zhao C, Zhang X, et al. miR-17-5p/20a are important markers for gastric cancer and murine double minute 2 participates in their functional regulation. Eur J Cancer. 2013;49:2010-21 pubmed publisher..They may be promising therapeutic markers for gastric cancer. MDM2 contributes to miR-17-5p/20a function and inhibition of p21 in gastric cancer, and may be a novel mechanism underlying the oncogenic roles of miR-17-5p/20a. ..
- Jia S, Yang Y, Lang J, Sun P, Leng J. Plasma miR-17-5p, miR-20a and miR-22 are down-regulated in women with endometriosis. Hum Reprod. 2013;28:322-30 pubmed publisher..Moreover, only six microRNAs were selected for validation. Plasma microRNAs provide a promising opportunity for detection of endometriosis. ..
- Trompeter H, Abbad H, Iwaniuk K, Hafner M, Renwick N, Tuschl T, et al. MicroRNAs MiR-17, MiR-20a, and MiR-106b act in concert to modulate E2F activity on cell cycle arrest during neuronal lineage differentiation of USSC. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e16138 pubmed publisher..Mir-17, -20a, and -106b downregulate a common set of pro- and anti-proliferative target genes to impact cell cycle progression of USSC and increase intracellular activity of E2F transcription factors to govern G(1)/S transition. ..
- Guha D, Mancini A, Sparks J, Ayyavoo V. HIV-1 Infection Dysregulates Cell Cycle Regulatory Protein p21 in CD4+ T Cells Through miR-20a and miR-106b Regulation. J Cell Biochem. 2016;117:1902-12 pubmed publisher..These findings provide a potential mechanism, by which, HIV-1 could exploit host cellular machineries to regulate selective gene expression in target cells. J. Cell. Biochem. 117: 1902-1912, 2016. Â© 2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Cai H, Yuan Y, Hao Y, Guo T, Wei X, Zhang Y. Plasma microRNAs serve as novel potential biomarkers for early detection of gastric cancer. Med Oncol. 2013;30:452 pubmed publisher..05). Plasma miR-106b, miR-20a, and miR-221 have the potential as novel, non-invasive biomarkers for the early detection of GC. ..
- Li S, Qiang Q, Shan H, Shi M, Gan G, Ma F, et al. MiR-20a and miR-20b negatively regulate autophagy by targeting RB1CC1/FIP200 in breast cancer cells. Life Sci. 2016;147:143-52 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first study showing the significance of miR-20a and miR-20b regulating autophagy by targeting RB1CC1/FIP200. ..
- Di Lisio L, Gomez Lopez G, Sanchez Beato M, Gomez Abad C, Rodriguez M, Villuendas R, et al. Mantle cell lymphoma: transcriptional regulation by microRNAs. Leukemia. 2010;24:1335-42 pubmed publisher..In summary, using a novel bioinformatics approach, this study identified miRNA changes that contribute to MCL pathogenesis and markers of potential utility in MCL diagnosis and clinical prognostication. ..
- Elkayam E, Kuhn C, Tocilj A, Haase A, Greene E, Hannon G, et al. The structure of human argonaute-2 in complex with miR-20a. Cell. 2012;150:100-10 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, miRNA binding confers remarkable stability on hAgo2, locking this otherwise flexible enzyme into a stable conformation. ..
- Yan H, Wu J, Liu W, Zuo Y, Chen S, Zhang S, et al. MicroRNA-20a overexpression inhibited proliferation and metastasis of pancreatic carcinoma cells. Hum Gene Ther. 2010;21:1723-34 pubmed publisher..It may open a new perspective for the development of effective gene therapy for pancreatic carcinoma. ..
- Wei J, Qi X, Zhan Q, Zhou D, Yan Q, Wang Y, et al. miR-20a mediates temozolomide-resistance in glioblastoma cells via negatively regulating LRIG1 expression. Biomed Pharmacother. 2015;71:112-8 pubmed publisher..MiR-20a mediated TMZ-resistance in glioblastoma cells through negatively regulating LRIG1 expression, which suggesting that miR-20a and LRIG1 would be potential therapeutic targets for glioma therapy. ..
- Fan M, Huang C, Gu Y, Xiao Y, Sheng J, Zhong L. Decrease expression of microRNA-20a promotes cancer cell proliferation and predicts poor survival of hepatocellular carcinoma. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2013;32:21 pubmed publisher..Down-regulation of miR-20a increases the proliferation abilities of HCC cells. Our findings suggest miR-20a may represent a novel potential therapeutic target and biomarker for survival of HCC patients. ..
- Zhang Y, Han T, Wei G, Wang Y. Inhibition of microRNA-17/20a suppresses cell proliferation in gastric cancer by modulating UBE2C expression. Oncol Rep. 2015;33:2529-36 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that upregulation of miR-17/20a promotes gastric cancer cell growth by targeting UBE2C and inhibition of their levels is a potentially promising therapeutic strategy for gastric cancer. ..
- Lin S, Wang C, Wu M, Yang S, Li Y, Tsai S. Hypoxia-induced microRNA-20a expression increases ERK phosphorylation and angiogenic gene expression in endometriotic stromal cells. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2012;97:E1515-23 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to evaluate the functional roles of microRNA-20a (miR20a) in MAPK activation and the pathogenesis of endometriosis...
- Hussein K, Dralle W, Theophile K, Kreipe H, Bock O. Megakaryocytic expression of miRNA 10a, 17-5p, 20a and 126 in Philadelphia chromosome-negative myeloproliferative neoplasm. Ann Hematol. 2009;88:325-32 pubmed publisher..No association to thrombocytosis, JAK2(V617F) mutations or cytoreductive treatment (bone marrow cells) were observed. ..
- Cox M, Cairns M, Gandhi K, Carroll A, Moscovis S, Stewart G, et al. MicroRNAs miR-17 and miR-20a inhibit T cell activation genes and are under-expressed in MS whole blood. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e12132 pubmed publisher..The same T cell activation genes are also up-regulated in MS whole blood mRNA, suggesting these miRNAs or their analogues may provide useful targets for new therapeutic approaches. ..
- Lei Z, Li B, Yang Z, Fang H, Zhang G, Feng Z, et al. Regulation of HIF-1alpha and VEGF by miR-20b tunes tumor cells to adapt to the alteration of oxygen concentration. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7629 pubmed publisher..Thus, we identify a novel molecular regulation mechanism through which miR-20b regulates HIF-1alpha and VEGF and is regulated by HIF-1alpha so to keep tumor cells adapting to different oxygen concentrations. ..
- Fang W, Guo J, Cao Y, Wang S, Pang C, Li M, et al. MicroRNA-20a-5p contributes to hepatic glycogen synthesis through targeting p63 to regulate p53 and PTEN expression. J Cell Mol Med. 2016;20:1467-80 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we found novel evidence suggesting that as a member of miR-17 family, miR-20a-5p contributes to hepatic glycogen synthesis through targeting p63 to regulate p53 and PTEN expression. ..
- Gits C, van Kuijk P, Jonkers M, Boersma A, van Ijcken W, Wozniak A, et al. MiR-17-92 and miR-221/222 cluster members target KIT and ETV1 in human gastrointestinal stromal tumours. Br J Cancer. 2013;109:1625-35 pubmed publisher..Delivering these microRNAs therapeutically could hold great potential for GIST management, especially in imatinib-resistant disease. ..
- Shen J, Pan J, Du C, Si W, Yao M, Xu L, et al. Silencing NKG2D ligand-targeting miRNAs enhances natural killer cell-mediated cytotoxicity in breast cancer. Cell Death Dis. 2017;8:e2740 pubmed publisher..Thus, targeting miRNAs with antisense inhibitors or HDACis may represent a novel approach for increasing the immunogenicity of BC. ..
- Vasilatou D, Papageorgiou S, Kontsioti F, Kontos C, Tsiotra P, Mpakou V, et al. Expression analysis of mir-17-5p, mir-20a and let-7a microRNAs and their target proteins in CD34+ bone marrow cells of patients with myelodysplastic syndromes. Leuk Res. 2013;37:251-8 pubmed publisher..Importantly, mir-17-5p and mir-20a constitute favorable prognostic factors in MDS, since their expression was associated with increased overall survival of MDS patients. ..
- Nie L, Zhao Y, Luo H, Hu X, Zhang L, Liang H. MiR-20 regulates myocardiac ischemia by targeting KATP subunit Kir6.1. J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci. 2017;37:486-490 pubmed publisher..It was concluded that miR-20 may regulate myocardiac ischemia by targeting KATP subunit Kir6.1 to accelerate the cell apoptosis. Therefore miR-20 may serve as a therapeutic target for myocardial ischemic disease. ..
- Zhang J, Fu W, He M, Xie W, Lv Q, Wan G, et al. MiRNA-20a promotes osteogenic differentiation of human mesenchymal stem cells by co-regulating BMP signaling. RNA Biol. 2011;8:829-38 pubmed publisher..this hypothesis, we tested its effects on osteogenic differentiation by introducing miR-20a mimics and lentiviral-miR20a-expression vectors into hMSCs...
- De S, Das S, Mukherjee S, Das S, Sengupta Bandyopadhyay S. Establishment of twist-1 and TGFBR2 as direct targets of microRNA-20a in mesenchymal to epithelial transition of breast cancer cell-line MDA-MB-231. Exp Cell Res. 2017;361:85-92 pubmed publisher..Delineating the underlying molecular mechanism of miR-20a-mediated MET and defining the target genes will help us to introduce a miRNA-mediated effective therapeutic strategy against breast cancer...
- Cai Z, Cao R, Zhang K, Xue Y, Zhang C, Zhou Y, et al. Oncogenic miR-17/20a Forms a Positive Feed-forward Loop with the p53 Kinase DAPK3 to Promote Tumorigenesis. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:19967-75 pubmed publisher..This newly identified tumorigenic pathway may thus contribute to miR-17/20a amplification and tumor growth in diverse human cancers. ..
- Valizadeh M, Mirzaei B, Tavallaei M, Noorani M, Amiri M, Soroush M, et al. Down-regulation of TGF-b1, TGF-b receptor 2, and TGF-b-associated microRNAs, miR-20a and miR-21, in skin lesions of sulfur mustard-exposed Iranian war veterans. J Recept Signal Transduct Res. 2015;35:634-9 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our data suggest the suitability of TGF-b1, TGF-bR2, as well as miR-20a and miR-21 as potential biomarkers for diagnosis and treatment of SM-exposed patients. ..
- Liu M, Sun C, Yao Y, Fan X, Liu H, Cui Y, et al. Matrix stiffness promotes cartilage endplate chondrocyte calcification in disc degeneration via miR-20a targeting ANKH expression. Sci Rep. 2016;6:25401 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings demonstrate that the miR-20a/ANKH axis mediates the stiff matrix- promoted CEP calcification, suggesting that miR-20a and ANKH are potential targets in restraining the progression of IDD. ..
- Sambri I, Crespo J, AguilÃ³ S, Ingrosso D, RodrÃguez C, MartÃnez GonzÃ¡lez J. miR-17 and -20a Target the Neuron-Derived Orphan Receptor-1 (NOR-1) in Vascular Endothelial Cells. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0141932 pubmed publisher..Finally, miR-17 and -20a ameliorated the up-regulation of VCAM-1 mediated by NOR-1 in VEGF-stimulated cells. Therefore, miR-17 and -20a target NOR-1 thereby regulating NOR-1-dependent gene expression. ..
- Babu K, Muckenthaler M. miR-20a regulates expression of the iron exporter ferroportin in lung cancer. J Mol Med (Berl). 2016;94:347-59 pubmed publisher..Low FPN expression stimulates proliferation and colony formation of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) cells, possibly by increasing iron availability for cancer cell proliferation. ..
- Shen J, Ambrosone C, Zhao H. Novel genetic variants in microRNA genes and familial breast cancer. Int J Cancer. 2009;124:1178-82 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that functional genetic variants in miRNA genes can potentially alter the regulation of key breast cancer genes. Whether they confer genetic susceptibility to breast cancer remains to be determined. ..
- Jiang Z, Yin J, Fu W, Mo Y, Pan Y, Dai L, et al. MiRNA 17 family regulates cisplatin-resistant and metastasis by targeting TGFbetaR2 in NSCLC. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e94639 pubmed publisher..Consequently, our study suggests that miRNA 17 family (including miR-17, 20a, 20b) can act as TGF?R2 suppressor for reversing cisplatin-resistant and suppressing metastasis in NSCLC. ..
- He F, Meng W, Qu Y, Zhou M, He J, Lv P, et al. Expression of circulating microRNA-20a and let-7a in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. World J Gastroenterol. 2015;21:4660-5 pubmed publisher..Plasma miR-20a and let-7a levels are significantly altered in patients with ESCC and can be used as potential biomarkers in the diagnosis of ESCC. ..
- Reddycherla A, Meinert I, Reinhold A, Reinhold D, Schraven B, Simeoni L. miR-20a inhibits TCR-mediated signaling and cytokine production in human naÃ¯ve CD4+ T cells. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0125311 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that miR-20a is a new player in the regulation of TCR signaling strength and cytokine production. ..
- Liu L, He J, Wei X, Wan G, Lao Y, Xu W, et al. MicroRNA-20a-mediated loss of autophagy contributes to breast tumorigenesis by promoting genomic damage and instability. Oncogene. 2017;36:5874-5884 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings suggest that miR-20a-mediated autophagy defect might be a new mechanism underlying the oncogenic function of miRNA during breast tumorigenesis. ..
- Zhao S, Yao D, Chen J, Ding N. Aberrant expression of miR-20a and miR-203 in cervical cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2013;14:2289-93 pubmed..Our results support the involvement of miR-20a and miR-203 in cervical tumorigenesis. We propose that miRNAs might be used as therapeutic agents for cervical cancer. ..
- Sokolova V, Fiorino A, Zoni E, Crippa E, Reid J, Gariboldi M, et al. The Effects of miR-20a on p21: Two Mechanisms Blocking Growth Arrest in TGF-Î²-Responsive Colon Carcinoma. J Cell Physiol. 2015;230:3105-14 pubmed publisher..Our experiments indicate that miR-20a interferes with the colonic epithelium homeostasis by disrupting the regulation of Myc/p21 by TGF-Î², which is essential for its malignant transformation. ..
- Wang Y, Zhang Y, Wang H, Wang J, Zhang Y, Wang Y, et al. Aberrantly up-regulated miR-20a in pre-eclampsic placenta compromised the proliferative and invasive behaviors of trophoblast cells by targeting forkhead box protein A1. Int J Biol Sci. 2014;10:973-82 pubmed publisher..In summary, the upregulated miR-20a in human preeclampsia tissue can inhibit the proliferative and invasive activities of trophoblast cells by repressing the expression of FOXA1. ..
- Chen A, Paik J, Zhang H, Shukla S, Mortensen R, Hu J, et al. STAR RNA-binding protein Quaking suppresses cancer via stabilization of specific miRNA. Genes Dev. 2012;26:1459-72 pubmed publisher..This p53-QKI-miR-20a-TGF? pathway expands our understanding of the p53 tumor suppression network in cancer and reveals a novel tumor suppression mechanism involving regulation of specific cancer-relevant microRNAs. ..
- Yau T, Wu C, Tang C, Chen Y, Fang J, Dong Y, et al. MicroRNA-20a in human faeces as a non-invasive biomarker for colorectal cancer. Oncotarget. 2016;7:1559-68 pubmed publisher..Faecal-based miR-20a can be utilised as a potential non-invasive biomarker for CRC screening. ..
- Bouvy C, Wannez A, Laloy J, Chatelain C, DognÃ© J. Transfer of multidrug resistance among acute myeloid leukemia cells via extracellular vesicles and their microRNA cargo. Leuk Res. 2017;62:70-76 pubmed publisher..Because circulating microRNAs are found in all biological fluids, these results bring out their potential clinical use as chemo-resistance biomarkers in acute myeloid leukemia. ..
- Zhao S, Yao D, Chen J, Ding N. Circulating miRNA-20a and miRNA-203 for screening lymph node metastasis in early stage cervical cancer. Genet Test Mol Biomarkers. 2013;17:631-6 pubmed publisher..5%, respectively, the cut-off point was 0.13. Our results suggested that the circulating miR-20a may be a potential biomarker for detecting the lymph node status of cervical cancer patients. ..
- Zhou L, Li X, Zhou F, Jin Z, Chen D, Wang P, et al. Downregulation of leucine-rich repeats and immunoglobulin-like domains 1 by microRNA-20a modulates gastric cancer multidrug resistance. Cancer Sci. 2018;109:1044-1054 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the newly identified miR-20a/LRIG1/EGFR link provides insight into the MDR process of GC, and targeting this axis represents a novel potential therapeutic strategy to block GC chemoresistance. ..
- Philippe L, Alsaleh G, Pichot A, Ostermann E, Zuber G, Frisch B, et al. MiR-20a regulates ASK1 expression and TLR4-dependent cytokine release in rheumatoid fibroblast-like synoviocytes. Ann Rheum Dis. 2013;72:1071-9 pubmed publisher..Our data point toward an important role for miR-20a in the regulation of pro-inflammatory cytokines release, by controlling ASK1 expression in RA FLS. ..
- Liu X, Zheng X, Zhang R, Guo Y, Wang J. Combinatorial effects of miR-20a and miR-29b on neuronal apoptosis induced by spinal cord injury. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:3811-8 pubmed
- Zhao M, Tang Q, Wu W, Xia Y, Chen D, Wang X. miR-20a contributes to endometriosis by regulating NTN4 expression. Mol Biol Rep. 2014;41:5793-7 pubmed publisher..The results of this study suggest that increased expression of miR-20a may play an important role in the pathogenesis of ovarian endometriosis by suppressing NTN4. ..
- Zhang L, Xiang P, Han X, Wu L, Li X, Xiong Z. Decreased expression of microRNA-20a promotes tumor progression and predicts poor prognosis of cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:11446-51 pubmed..The inhibition of miR-20a might even become a new therapeutic method for the treatment of CSCC. ..
- Greenberg E, Hajdu S, Nemlich Y, Cohen R, Itzhaki O, Jacob Hirsch J, et al. Differential regulation of aggressive features in melanoma cells by members of the miR-17-92 complex. Open Biol. 2014;4:140030 pubmed publisher..This suggests that the two non-seed nucleotides dictate target sequence recognition and overall functional relevance. These miRNAs are clearly not redundant in melanoma cell biology. ..
- Zhou D, Wan Y, Xie D, Wang Y, Wei J, Yan Q, et al. DNMT1 mediates chemosensitivity by reducing methylation of miRNA-20a promoter in glioma cells. Exp Mol Med. 2015;47:e182 pubmed publisher..In summary, DNMT1 mediated chemosensitivity by reducing methylation of the microRNA-20a promoter in glioma cells. ..
- Zhang G, Li Y, Zhou H, Xiao H, Zhou T. miR?20a is an independent prognostic factor in colorectal cancer and is involved in cell metastasis. Mol Med Rep. 2014;10:283-91 pubmed publisher..The present study suggests that miR?20a may serve as a novel prognostic marker and therapeutic target for CRC. ..
- Jiang H, Wang P, Li X, Wang Q, Deng Z, Zhuang X, et al. Restoration of miR17/20a in solid tumor cells enhances the natural killer cell antitumor activity by targeting Mekk2. Cancer Immunol Res. 2014;2:789-99 pubmed publisher..Together, these data indicate that miR17/20a miRNAs function as tumor suppressors by reprogramming tumor cells for NK cell-mediated cytotoxicity. ..
- Brock M, Samillan V, Trenkmann M, Schwarzwald C, Ulrich S, Gay R, et al. AntagomiR directed against miR-20a restores functional BMPR2 signalling and prevents vascular remodelling in hypoxia-induced pulmonary hypertension. Eur Heart J. 2014;35:3203-11 pubmed publisher..Our data emphasize that treatment with antagomiR-20a restores functional levels of BMPR2 in pulmonary arteries and prevents the development of vascular remodelling. ..
- Xiong Y, Zhang L, Kebebew E. MiR-20a is upregulated in anaplastic thyroid cancer and targets LIMK1. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e96103 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest the upregulated expression of miR-20a in anaplastic thyroid cancer counteracts thyroid cancer progression and may have therapeutic potential. ..
- Wang Z, Wang B, Shi Y, Xu C, Xiao H, Ma L, et al. Oncogenic miR-20a and miR-106a enhance the invasiveness of human glioma stem cells by directly targeting TIMP-2. Oncogene. 2015;34:1407-19 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that miR-20a/106a has a key role in GSC invasion and may serve as targets for treatment of glioblastoma. ..
- Pesta M, Klecka J, Kulda V, Topolcan O, Hora M, Eret V, et al. Importance of miR-20a expression in prostate cancer tissue. Anticancer Res. 2010;30:3579-83 pubmed..The evaluation of miRNA expression could yield new information about PCa pathogenesis. ..
- Alvanegh A, Edalat H, Fallah P, Tavallaei M. Decreased expression of miR-20a and miR-92a in the serum from sulfur mustard-exposed patients during the chronic phase of resulting illness. Inhal Toxicol. 2015;27:682-8 pubmed publisher..Our findings may provide a differential diagnostic method that is effective for diagnosing lung diseases caused by SM exposure. Additionally, these miRNAs may be regarded as probable targets for treatment of lung injuries. ..
- Zhang G, Liu X, Wang W, Cai Y, Li S, Chen Q, et al. Down-regulation of miR-20a-5p triggers cell apoptosis to facilitate mycobacterial clearance through targeting JNK2 in human macrophages. Cell Cycle. 2016;15:2527-38 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings indicate that downregulation of miR-20a-5p triggers macrophage apoptosis as a novel mechanism for host defense against mycobacterial infection. ..
- Zhou J, Liu R, Luo C, Zhou X, Xia K, Chen X, et al. MiR-20a inhibits cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma metastasis and proliferation by directly targeting LIMK1. Cancer Biol Ther. 2014;15:1340-9 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrated that miR-20a is involved in the tumor inhibition of CSCC by directly targeting LIMK1 gene. This finding provides potential novel strategies for therapeutic interventions of CSCC. ..
- Zhang X, Kong Y, Xu X, Xing H, Zhang Y, Han F, et al. F-box protein FBXO31 is down-regulated in gastric cancer and negatively regulated by miR-17 and miR-20a. Oncotarget. 2014;5:6178-90 pubmed..Therefore, effective therapy targeting the miR-20a (miR-17)-FBXO31-CyclinD1 pathway may help control GC progression. ..
- Xiang L, Li M, Liu Y, Cen J, Chen Z, Zhen X, et al. The clinical characteristics and prognostic significance of MN1 gene and MN1-associated microRNA expression in adult patients with de novo acute myeloid leukemia. Ann Hematol. 2013;92:1063-9 pubmed publisher..017). High MN1 expression confers worse prognosis in Chinese adult patients with de novo AML. MN1 gene and MN1-associated microRNAs provide clinical prognosis of AML patients and may refine their molecular risk classification. ..
- Pin A, Houle F, Guillonneau M, Paquet E, Simard M, Huot J. miR-20a represses endothelial cell migration by targeting MKK3 and inhibiting p38 MAP kinase activation in response to VEGF. Angiogenesis. 2012;15:593-608 pubmed publisher..We conclude that miR-20a acts in a feedback loop to repress the expression of MKK3 and to negatively regulate the p38 pathway-mediated VEGF-induced endothelial cell migration and angiogenesis. ..
- Yao X, Li W, Wang Y, Ding Z, Hou W, Zeng M, et al. [Expression of hsa-miR-20a in human glioma tissues and its effect on the proliferation of human glioma cells in vitro]. Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao. 2012;32:198-201 pubmed..miR-20a shows potent effect in promoting the growth of glioma cells, suggesting its important role in the pathogenesis of human glioma. ..
- Lee S, Song J, Kim S, Kim J, Hong Y, Kim Y, et al. Selective degradation of host MicroRNAs by an intergenic HCMV noncoding RNA accelerates virus production. Cell Host Microbe. 2013;13:678-90 pubmed publisher..These results indicate a role for viral noncoding RNA in regulating cellular miRNAs during HCMV pathogenesis and suggest that noncoding RNAs may play a role in mature miRNA turnover. ..
- Li X, Zhang Z, Yu M, Li L, Du G, Xiao W, et al. Involvement of miR-20a in promoting gastric cancer progression by targeting early growth response 2 (EGR2). Int J Mol Sci. 2013;14:16226-39 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of EGR2 significantly attenuated the oncogenic effect of miR-20a. miR-20a was involved in the carcinogenesis of GC through modulation of the EGR2 signaling pathway. ..