Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR205
Description: microRNA 205
- Bhatnagar N, Li X, Padi S, Zhang Q, Tang M, Guo B. Downregulation of miR-205 and miR-31 confers resistance to chemotherapy-induced apoptosis in prostate cancer cells. Cell Death Dis. 2010;1:e105 pubmed publisher..Thus, downregulation of miR-205 and miR-31 has an important role in apoptosis resistance in advanced prostate cancer. ..
- Hanna J, Hahn L, Agarwal S, Rimm D. In situ measurement of miR-205 in malignant melanoma tissue supports its role as a tumor suppressor microRNA. Lab Invest. 2012;92:1390-7 pubmed publisher..The quantification of miR-205 in situ suggests potential for the use of miRNAs in future prognostic or predictive models. ..
- Hulf T, Sibbritt T, Wiklund E, Patterson K, Song J, Stirzaker C, et al. Epigenetic-induced repression of microRNA-205 is associated with MED1 activation and a poorer prognosis in localized prostate cancer. Oncogene. 2013;32:2891-9 pubmed publisher..In summary, these results suggest that miR-205 is an epigenetically regulated tumor suppressor that targets MED1 and may provide a potential biomarker in prostate cancer management. ..
- Verdoodt B, Neid M, Vogt M, Kuhn V, Liffers S, Palisaar R, et al. MicroRNA-205, a novel regulator of the anti-apoptotic protein Bcl2, is downregulated in prostate cancer. Int J Oncol. 2013;43:307-14 pubmed publisher..MiR-205 also inhibited proliferation in these cell lines. ..
- Quesne J, Jones J, Warren J, Dawson S, Ali H, Bardwell H, et al. Biological and prognostic associations of miR-205 and let-7b in breast cancer revealed by in situ hybridization analysis of micro-RNA expression in arrays of archival tumour tissue. J Pathol. 2012;227:306-14 pubmed publisher..miR-205 is associated with tumours of ductal morphology and is of significant positive prognostic value within these tumours. We propose that the expression of miR-205 may contribute to ductal tumour morphology. ..
- Cai J, Fang L, Huang Y, Li R, Yuan J, Yang Y, et al. miR-205 targets PTEN and PHLPP2 to augment AKT signaling and drive malignant phenotypes in non-small cell lung cancer. Cancer Res. 2013;73:5402-15 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results define a major epigenetic mechanism for suppression of PTEN and PHLPP2 in NSCLC, identifying a pivotal role for miR-205 in development and progression of this widespread disease...
- Tucci P, Agostini M, Grespi F, Markert E, Terrinoni A, Vousden K, et al. Loss of p63 and its microRNA-205 target results in enhanced cell migration and metastasis in prostate cancer. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:15312-7 pubmed..These data suggest that p63/miR-205 may be a useful clinical predictor of metastatic behavior in prostate cancer. ..
- Yu J, Peng H, Ruan Q, Fatima A, Getsios S, Lavker R. MicroRNA-205 promotes keratinocyte migration via the lipid phosphatase SHIP2. FASEB J. 2010;24:3950-9 pubmed publisher..The connection among miR-205, RhoA-ROCKI-cofilin inactivation, and the actin cytoskeleton represents a novel post-translational mechanism for the regulation of normal human keratinocyte migration. ..
- LE H, Zhu W, Chen D, He J, Huang Y, Liu X, et al. Evaluation of dynamic change of serum miR-21 and miR-24 in pre- and post-operative lung carcinoma patients. Med Oncol. 2012;29:3190-7 pubmed publisher..In addition, miR-21 and miR-24 serum levels were lower in post-operative samples than those in pre-operative samples, suggesting they can potentially be used as biomarkers for disease recurrence after surgery operation. ..
- Matsushima K, Isomoto H, Kohno S, Nakao K. MicroRNAs and esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Digestion. 2010;82:138-44 pubmed publisher..These results provide insight into the potential mechanisms of ESCC in the pathogenesis. This review also includes a comprehensive overview of the relationship between miRNAs and ESCC...
- Dar A, Majid S, De Semir D, Nosrati M, Bezrookove V, Kashani Sabet M. miRNA-205 suppresses melanoma cell proliferation and induces senescence via regulation of E2F1 protein. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:16606-14 pubmed publisher..E2F1 overexpression in miR-205-expressing cells partially reversed the effects on melanoma cell growth and senescence. These results demonstrate a novel role for miR-205 as a tumor suppressor in melanoma. ..
- Qu C, Liang Z, Huang J, Zhao R, Su C, Wang S, et al. MiR-205 determines the radioresistance of human nasopharyngeal carcinoma by directly targeting PTEN. Cell Cycle. 2012;11:785-96 pubmed publisher..Both miR-205 and PTEN are potential predictive biomarkers for radiosensitivity of NPC and may serve as targets for achieve successful radiotherapy in NPC...
- Boll K, Reiche K, Kasack K, Mörbt N, Kretzschmar A, Tomm J, et al. MiR-130a, miR-203 and miR-205 jointly repress key oncogenic pathways and are downregulated in prostate carcinoma. Oncogene. 2013;32:277-85 pubmed publisher..We therefore propose that these microRNAs jointly act as tumor suppressors in prostate carcinoma and might interfere with progression to castration resistance. ..
- Savad S, Mehdipour P, Miryounesi M, Shirkoohi R, Fereidooni F, Mansouri F, et al. Expression analysis of MiR-21, MiR-205, and MiR-342 in breast cancer in Iran. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2012;13:873-7 pubmed..We conclude that miR-21 does not discriminate between different breast cancer groups. In contrast, miR-205 and miR-342 may be used as potential biomarkers for diagnosis of triple negative breast cancer. ..
- Muratsu Ikeda S, Nangaku M, Ikeda Y, Tanaka T, Wada T, Inagi R. Downregulation of miR-205 modulates cell susceptibility to oxidative and endoplasmic reticulum stresses in renal tubular cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e41462 pubmed publisher..miR-205 may represent a novel therapeutic target in AKI and CKD associated with oxidative or ER stress in tubules. ..
- Majid S, Saini S, Dar A, Hirata H, Shahryari V, Tanaka Y, et al. MicroRNA-205 inhibits Src-mediated oncogenic pathways in renal cancer. Cancer Res. 2011;71:2611-21 pubmed publisher..miR-205 also inhibited tumor cell growth in vivo. This is the first study showing that miR-205 inhibits proto-oncogenic SFKs, indicating a therapeutic potential of miR-205 in the treatment of renal cancer. ..
- Matsushima K, Isomoto H, Yamaguchi N, Inoue N, Machida H, Nakayama T, et al. MiRNA-205 modulates cellular invasion and migration via regulating zinc finger E-box binding homeobox 2 expression in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma cells. J Transl Med. 2011;9:30 pubmed publisher..The miR-205 expression levels were not associated with histological differentiation of human ESCC. These results imply that miR-205 is an ESCC-specific miR that exerts tumor-suppressive activities with EMT inhibition by targeting ZEB2. ..
- Tellez C, Juri D, Do K, Bernauer A, Thomas C, DAMIANI L, et al. EMT and stem cell-like properties associated with miR-205 and miR-200 epigenetic silencing are early manifestations during carcinogen-induced transformation of human lung epithelial cells. Cancer Res. 2011;71:3087-97 pubmed publisher..Our findings extend present concepts of how EMT participates in cancer pathophysiology by showing that EMT induction can participate in cancer initiation to promote the clonal expansion of premalignant lung epithelial cells. ..
- Lei L, Huang Y, Gong W. miR-205 promotes the growth, metastasis and chemoresistance of NSCLC cells by targeting PTEN. Oncol Rep. 2013;30:2897-902 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrated that miR-205 is involved in the tumorigenesis of NSCLC through modulation of the PTEN signaling pathway. ..
- Hagman Z, Haflidadóttir B, Ceder J, Larne O, Bjartell A, Lilja H, et al. miR-205 negatively regulates the androgen receptor and is associated with adverse outcome of prostate cancer patients. Br J Cancer. 2013;108:1668-76 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings imply that miR-205 might have therapeutic potential, especially for the castration resistant and currently untreatable form of PCa. ..
- Wu H, Zhu S, Mo Y. Suppression of cell growth and invasion by miR-205 in breast cancer. Cell Res. 2009;19:439-48 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that miR-205 is a tumor suppressor in breast cancer. ..
- Orang A, Safaralizadeh R, Hosseinpour Feizi M, Somi M. Diagnostic and prognostic value of miR-205 in colorectal cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2014;15:4033-7 pubmed..Therefore, targeting miR-205 and its potential environmental activators might be a promising therapeutic option to prevent malignant progression toward metastasis. ..
- Yu J, Ryan D, Getsios S, Oliveira Fernandes M, Fatima A, Lavker R. MicroRNA-184 antagonizes microRNA-205 to maintain SHIP2 levels in epithelia. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:19300-5 pubmed publisher..Blockage of miR-205 activity with an antagomir or via ectopic expression of miR-184 could be novel therapeutic approaches for treating aggressive SCCs. ..
- Hou S, Ding B, Li H, Wang L, Xia F, Du F, et al. Identification of microRNA-205 as a potential prognostic indicator for human glioma. J Clin Neurosci. 2013;20:933-7 pubmed publisher..09). In conclusion, down-regulation of miR-205 was associated with glioma progression. Our data are the first to suggest that miR-205 holds potential as a prognostic factor for glioma, especially for patients with advanced disease. ..
- Su N, Qiu H, Chen Y, Yang T, Yan Q, Wan X. miR-205 promotes tumor proliferation and invasion through targeting ESRRG in endometrial carcinoma. Oncol Rep. 2013;29:2297-302 pubmed publisher..Nonetheless, we identified the ESRRG gene to be a novel target, which could be helpful to elucidate mechanisms underlying the tumorigenesis of EEC. ..
- Karaayvaz M, Zhang C, Liang S, Shroyer K, Ju J. Prognostic significance of miR-205 in endometrial cancer. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e35158 pubmed publisher..028). Furthermore, decreased expression of a miR-205 target PTEN was detected in endometrial cancer tissues compared to normal tissues. miR-205 holds a unique potential as a prognostic biomarker in endometrial cancer. ..
- Markou A, Tsaroucha E, Kaklamanis L, Fotinou M, Georgoulias V, Lianidou E. Prognostic value of mature microRNA-21 and microRNA-205 overexpression in non-small cell lung cancer by quantitative real-time RT-PCR. Clin Chem. 2008;54:1696-704 pubmed publisher..027), whereas overexpression of mature miR-205 did not. Our results suggest that overexpression of mature miR-21 is an independent negative prognostic factor for OS in NSCLC patients. ..
- Jiang M, Zhang P, Hu G, Xiao Z, Xu F, Zhong T, et al. Relative expressions of miR-205-5p, miR-205-3p, and miR-21 in tissues and serum of non-small cell lung cancer patients. Mol Cell Biochem. 2013;383:67-75 pubmed publisher..033 and P = 0.002, respectively). In this preliminary and novel study, miR-205-5p was more useful as a marker for NSCLC than miR-205-3p or miR-21, indicating a potential for future applications in NSCLC diagnosis and prognosis. ..
- Greene S, Herschkowitz J, Rosen J. The ups and downs of miR-205: identifying the roles of miR-205 in mammary gland development and breast cancer. RNA Biol. 2010;7:300-4 pubmed..The role that miR-205 plays in directing stem cell fate is still unknown. ..
- Kimura S, Naganuma S, Susuki D, Hirono Y, Yamaguchi A, Fujieda S, et al. Expression of microRNAs in squamous cell carcinoma of human head and neck and the esophagus: miR-205 and miR-21 are specific markers for HNSCC and ESCC. Oncol Rep. 2010;23:1625-33 pubmed..These results suggest that miR-205 might be a specific marker miRNA of both normal and malignant squamous epithelia, while miR-21 might be a putative oncogenic miRNA in HNSCC and ESCC. ..
- Kalogirou C, Spahn M, Krebs M, Joniau S, Lerut E, Burger M, et al. MiR-205 is progressively down-regulated in lymph node metastasis but fails as a prognostic biomarker in high-risk prostate cancer. Int J Mol Sci. 2013;14:21414-34 pubmed publisher..These findings might have implications for the use of miR-205 as a prognostic or therapeutic target in HRPCa. ..
- Puhr M, Hoefer J, Schafer G, Erb H, Oh S, Klocker H, et al. Epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition leads to docetaxel resistance in prostate cancer and is mediated by reduced expression of miR-200c and miR-205. Am J Pathol. 2012;181:2188-201 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we suggest that this mechanism is at least in part responsible for chemotherapy failure, with implications for the development of novel therapeutics. ..
- Kim J, Yu S, Lee M, Park M, Park E, Kim S, et al. MicroRNA-205 directly regulates the tumor suppressor, interleukin-24, in human KB oral cancer cells. Mol Cells. 2013;35:17-24 pubmed publisher..In addition, miR-205 targeted the IL-24 promoter directly to induce gene expression. Overall, miR-205 has significant therapeutic potential to turn on silenced tumor suppressor genes by targeting them with miRNA. ..
- Song H, Bu G. MicroRNA-205 inhibits tumor cell migration through down-regulating the expression of the LDL receptor-related protein 1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;388:400-5 pubmed publisher..These results, for the first time, demonstrate that expression of human LRP1 is regulated in part by a specific miRNA, leading to decreased tumor cell migration. ..
- Zhang G, Hou X, Li Y, Zhao M. MiR-205 inhibits cell apoptosis by targeting phosphatase and tensin homolog deleted on chromosome ten in endometrial cancer Ishikawa cells. BMC Cancer. 2014;14:440 pubmed publisher..This relationship could be targeted for new therapeutic strategies for endometrial cancer. ..
- Liu S, Tetzlaff M, Liu A, Liegl Atzwanger B, Guo J, Xu X. Loss of microRNA-205 expression is associated with melanoma progression. Lab Invest. 2012;92:1084-96 pubmed publisher..Together, these results provide in vitro and in vivo evidence for miR-205 as a critical suppressor of melanoma cell migration. ..
- Tran M, Choi W, Wszolek M, Navai N, Lee I, Nitti G, et al. The p63 protein isoform ?Np63? inhibits epithelial-mesenchymal transition in human bladder cancer cells: role of MIR-205. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:3275-88 pubmed publisher..Together, our data demonstrate that ?Np63?-mediated expression of miR-205 contributes to the regulation of EMT in bladder cancer cells and identify miR-205 as a molecular marker of the lethal subset of human bladder cancers. ..
- Xu Y, Brenn T, Brown E, Doherty V, Melton D. Differential expression of microRNAs during melanoma progression: miR-200c, miR-205 and miR-211 are downregulated in melanoma and act as tumour suppressors. Br J Cancer. 2012;106:553-61 pubmed publisher..We have identified a series of differentially expressed miRNAs that could be useful as diagnostic or prognostic markers for melanoma and have shown that three miRNAs (namely miR-200c, miR-205 and miR-211) act as tumour suppressors. ..
- Gandellini P, Profumo V, Casamichele A, Fenderico N, Borrelli S, Petrovich G, et al. miR-205 regulates basement membrane deposition in human prostate: implications for cancer development. Cell Death Differ. 2012;19:1750-60 pubmed publisher..Here we demonstrate that therapeutic replacement of miR-205 in prostate cancer (PCa) cells can restore BM deposition and 3D organization into normal-like acinar structures, thus hampering cancer progression...
- Dijckmeester W, Wijnhoven B, Watson D, Leong M, Michael M, Mayne G, et al. MicroRNA-143 and -205 expression in neosquamous esophageal epithelium following Argon plasma ablation of Barrett's esophagus. J Gastrointest Surg. 2009;13:846-53 pubmed publisher..e., it is different to that seen in subjects without Barrett's esophagus. miR-143 could promote a Barrett's epithelium gene expression pattern, and this could have a role in development of Barrett's esophagus. ..
- Wu H, Mo Y. Targeting miR-205 in breast cancer. Expert Opin Ther Targets. 2009;13:1439-48 pubmed publisher..These findings establish the tumor suppressive role of miR-205, which is probably through direct targeting of oncogenes such as ErbB3 and Zeb1. Therefore, miR-205 may serve as a unique therapeutic target for breast cancer. ..
- Xie H, Zhao Y, Caramuta S, Larsson C, Lui W. miR-205 expression promotes cell proliferation and migration of human cervical cancer cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e46990 pubmed publisher..In summary, our findings reveal novel functional roles and targets of miR-205 in human cervical cancer, which may provide new insights about its role in cervical carcinogenesis and its potential value for clinical diagnosis. ..
- Abu Amero K, Helwa I, Al Muammar A, Strickland S, Hauser M, Allingham R, et al. Screening of the Seed Region of MIR184 in Keratoconus Patients from Saudi Arabia. Biomed Res Int. 2015;2015:604508 pubmed publisher..The increased expression of miR-184 versus miR-205 in normal cornea samples implies a possible role of miR184 in cornea development and/or corneal diseases. ..
- Zeng Y, Zhu J, Shen D, Qin H, Lei Z, Li W, et al. Repression of Smad4 by miR?205 moderates TGF-?-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition in A549 cell lines. Int J Oncol. 2016;49:700-8 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this study shows that miR?205 can serve as a promising therapeutic target of highly aggressive NSCLC. ..
- Zidar N, Bostjancic E, Gale N, Kojc N, Poljak M, Glavac D, et al. Down-regulation of microRNAs of the miR-200 family and miR-205, and an altered expression of classic and desmosomal cadherins in spindle cell carcinoma of the head and neck--hallmark of epithelial-mesenchymal transition. Hum Pathol. 2011;42:482-8 pubmed publisher..The result is not only an altered expression of classic cadherins in adherens junctions but also a complete loss of desmosomal cadherins. ..
- Del Vescovo V, Cantaloni C, Cucino A, Girlando S, Silvestri M, Bragantini E, et al. miR-205 Expression levels in nonsmall cell lung cancer do not always distinguish adenocarcinomas from squamous cell carcinomas. Am J Surg Pathol. 2011;35:268-75 pubmed publisher..Therefore, it cannot be used as a substitute of accurate morphologic and immunophenotypical characterization of tumors, but could be used as an adjunctive diagnostic criterion in selected cases. ..
- Yue Z, Yun Shan Z, Feng Xia X. miR-205 mediates the inhibition of cervical cancer cell proliferation using olmesartan. J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst. 2016;17:1470320316663327 pubmed publisher..In addition, VEGF-A was proven to be a target gene of miR-205. This result provides a new idea on the anti-tumor mechanism of olmesartan, which may be used as a novel therapeutic target of cervical cancer. ..
- Pan F, Mao H, Bu F, Tong X, Li J, Zhang S, et al. Sp1-mediated transcriptional activation of miR-205 promotes radioresistance in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Oncotarget. 2017;8:5735-5752 pubmed publisher..The Sp1-mediated transcriptional activation of miR-205 promotes radioresistance through PTEN via PI3K/AKT pathway in ESCC. Inhibition of miR-205 expression may be a new strategy for radiotherapy in ESCC. ..
- Zheng H, Zhang L, Zhao Y, Yang D, Song F, Wen Y, et al. Plasma miRNAs as diagnostic and prognostic biomarkers for ovarian cancer. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e77853 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that plasma miR-205 and let-7f are biomarkers for ovarian cancer detection that complement CA-125; let-7f may be predictive of ovarian cancer prognosis. ..
- Wang Z, Liao H, Deng Z, Yang P, Du N, Zhanng Y, et al. miRNA-205 affects infiltration and metastasis of breast cancer. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;441:139-43 pubmed publisher..miR-205 is a tumor suppressor in human breast cancer by post-transcriptional inhibition of HER3 expression. ..
- Das R, Anura A, Pal M, Bag S, Majumdar S, Barui A, et al. Epithelio-mesenchymal transitional attributes in oral sub-mucous fibrosis. Exp Mol Pathol. 2013;95:259-69 pubmed publisher..These also became indicative for the induction of epithelial to mesenchymal transitional mechanism in oral sub-mucous fibrosis when connoted here with the relevant modulation in expressions of EMT regulators. ..
- Nishikawa R, Goto Y, Kurozumi A, Matsushita R, Enokida H, Kojima S, et al. MicroRNA-205 inhibits cancer cell migration and invasion via modulation of centromere protein F regulating pathways in prostate cancer. Int J Urol. 2015;22:867-77 pubmed publisher..Our data describing pathways regulated by tumor-suppressive microRNA-205 provide new insights into the potential mechanisms of prostate cancer oncogenesis and metastasis. ..
- Yeh D, Chen Y, Lai C, Liu Y, Lu C, Lo J, et al. Downregulation of COMMD1 by miR-205 promotes a positive feedback loop for amplifying inflammatory- and stemness-associated properties of cancer cells. Cell Death Differ. 2016;23:841-52 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that COMMD1 downregulation by miR-205 promotes tumor development by modulating a positive feedback loop that amplifies inflammatory- and stemness-associated properties of cancer cells. ..
- Xu H, Yao Y, Meng F, Qian X, Jiang X, Li X, et al. Predictive Value of Serum miR-10b, miR-29c, and miR-205 as Promising Biomarkers in Esophageal Squamous Cell Carcinoma Screening. Medicine (Baltimore). 2015;94:e1558 pubmed publisher..72 (95% CI: 0.62-0.83; sensitivityâ€Š=â€Š70%; specificityâ€Š=â€Š64%), respectively, suggesting that miR-10b, miR-29c, and miR-205 have great potential to be noninvasive screening tools for ESCC detection. ..
- Wu Y, Wang W, Hu W, Xu W, Xiao G, Nie Q, et al. MicroRNA-205 suppresses the growth of adrenocortical carcinoma SW-13 cells via targeting Bcl-2. Oncol Rep. 2015;34:3104-10 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, miR-205 suppresses the growth of ACC SW-13 cells via targeting the anti-apoptotic gene Bcl-2. ..
- Duan Y, Chen Q. TGF-?1 regulating miR-205/miR-195 expression affects the TGF-? signal pathway by respectively targeting SMAD2/SMAD7. Oncol Rep. 2016;36:1837-44 pubmed publisher..All the results suggested that miR-205 and miR-195 participated in the TGF-?1 signaling pathway and showed opposite effects in glioma. These findings contribute to the understanding of TGF-?1 function in glioma. ..
- An G, Liang S, Sheng C, Liu Y, Yao W. Upregulation of microRNA-205 suppresses vascular endothelial growth factor expression-mediated PI3K/Akt signaling transduction in human keloid fibroblasts. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2017;242:275-285 pubmed publisher..The current study is the first one demonstrating that miR-205-5p inhibits the pathogenesis of keloids, indicating the potential of miR-205-5p in the development of therapies for prevention and treatment of keloids. ..
- Zeng Y, Zhu J, Shen D, Qin H, Lei Z, Li W, et al. MicroRNA-205 targets SMAD4 in non-small cell lung cancer and promotes lung cancer cell growth in vitro and in vivo. Oncotarget. 2017;8:30817-30829 pubmed publisher..Our study showed that miR-205 decreased SMAD4 expression, thus promoting NSCLC cell growth. Our findings highlighted the therapeutic potential of targeting miR-205 in NSCLC treatment. ..
- Cui M, Xiao Z, Sun B, Wang Y, Zheng M, Ye L, et al. Involvement of cholesterol in hepatitis B virus X protein-induced abnormal lipid metabolism of hepatoma cells via up-regulating miR-205-targeted ACSL4. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;445:651-5 pubmed publisher..Thus, we conclude that miR-205 is able to target ACSL4 mRNA. The HBx-depressed miR-205 is responsible for the abnormal lipid metabolism through accumulating cholesterol in hepatoma cells. ..
- Xu C, Li M, Zhang L, Bi Y, Wang P, Li J, et al. MicroRNA-205 suppresses the invasion and epithelial-mesenchymal transition of human gastric cancer cells. Mol Med Rep. 2016;13:4767-73 pubmed publisher..The results of the present study may provide novel diagnostic and therapeutic options for the treatment of human GC. ..
- Zhu L, Liu R, Zhang W, Qian S, Wang J. MicroRNA-205 regulates ubiquitin specific peptidase 7 protein expression in hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Mol Med Rep. 2015;12:4652-6 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the data presents a novel molecule for the dysregulated expression of USP7 in HCC, which may assist in elucidating mechanisms underlying the tumorigenesis of HCC. ..
- Yang X, Yang L, Ma Y, Zhao X, Wang H. MicroRNA-205 Mediates Proteinase-Activated Receptor 2 (PAR2) -Promoted Cancer Cell Migration. Cancer Invest. 2017;35:601-609 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings indicate that PAR2 signaling promotes cancer cell migration through miR-205/BMPR1B pathway in human colorectal carcinoma...
- Nie G, Duan H, Li X, Yu Z, Luo L, Lu R, et al. MicroRNAâ€‘205 promotes the tumorigenesis of nasopharyngeal carcinoma through targeting tumor protein p53-inducible nuclear protein 1. Mol Med Rep. 2015;12:5715-22 pubmed publisher..Tumor protein p53-inducible nuclear protein 1 was identified as a target gene of miRâ€‘205. Overall, the present study demonstrated that miRâ€‘205 may function as an oncogene in NPC tumorigenesis. ..
- de Carvalho A, Scapulatempo Neto C, Maia D, Evangelista A, Morini M, Carvalho A, et al. Accuracy of microRNAs as markers for the detection of neck lymph node metastases in patients with head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. BMC Med. 2015;13:108 pubmed publisher..These markers can be useful in a clinical setting in the management of HNSCC patients from initial disease staging and therapy planning to patient surveillance. ..
- Zhang H, Fan Q. MicroRNA-205 inhibits the proliferation and invasion of breast cancer by regulating AMOT expression. Oncol Rep. 2015;34:2163-70 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the disordered decreased expression of miR-205 and the resulting AMOT upregulation contributes to breast carcinogenesis, and miR-205-AMOT represents a new potential therapeutic target for the treatment of breast carcinoma. ..
- Yang G, Zhang P, Lv A, Liu Y, Wang G. MiR-205 functions as a tumor suppressor via targeting TGF-Î± in osteosarcoma. Exp Mol Pathol. 2016;100:160-6 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our study suggested that miR-205 may function as a tumor suppressor via targeting TGF-Î± in OS, and the abnormal expression of miR-205 might be a key factor in OS progression. ..
- Yue X, Wang P, Xu J, Zhu Y, Sun G, Pang Q, et al. MicroRNA-205 functions as a tumor suppressor in human glioblastoma cells by targeting VEGF-A. Oncol Rep. 2012;27:1200-6 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the present study for the first time provides evidence that miRNA-205 is a glioma-specific tumor suppressor by targeting VEGF-A. ..