Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR203
Description: microRNA 203
Alias: MIRN203, miR-203, miRNA203
- Chen H, Han Z, Fan J, Xia J, Wu J, Qiu G, et al. miR-203 expression predicts outcome after liver transplantation for hepatocellular carcinoma in cirrhotic liver. Med Oncol. 2012;29:1859-65 pubmed publisher..202, P = 0.006 for RFS; HR 0.332, P = 0.013 for OS). Our results suggest that miR-203 could be a novel prognostic marker in HCC patients who have undergone LT and might also be a potential therapeutic target. ..
- Diao Y, Guo X, Jiang L, Wang G, Zhang C, Wan J, et al. miR-203, a tumor suppressor frequently down-regulated by promoter hypermethylation in rhabdomyosarcoma. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:529-39 pubmed publisher..Our work reveals that miR-203 functions as a tumor suppressor in RMS development. ..
- Boll K, Reiche K, Kasack K, Mörbt N, Kretzschmar A, Tomm J, et al. MiR-130a, miR-203 and miR-205 jointly repress key oncogenic pathways and are downregulated in prostate carcinoma. Oncogene. 2013;32:277-85 pubmed publisher..We therefore propose that these microRNAs jointly act as tumor suppressors in prostate carcinoma and might interfere with progression to castration resistance. ..
- Craig V, Cogliatti S, Rehrauer H, Wündisch T, Muller A. Epigenetic silencing of microRNA-203 dysregulates ABL1 expression and drives Helicobacter-associated gastric lymphomagenesis. Cancer Res. 2011;71:3616-24 pubmed publisher..In summary, our results show that the transformation from gastritis to MALT lymphoma is epigenetically regulated by miR-203 promoter methylation and identify ABL1 as a novel target for the treatment of this malignancy. ..
- Abella V, Valladares M, Rodriguez T, Haz M, Blanco M, Tarrío N, et al. miR-203 regulates cell proliferation through its influence on Hakai expression. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e52568 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our findings reveal, for the first time, a post-transcriptional regulator of Hakai expression. Furthermore, by lowering Hakai abundance, miR-203 also reduces Hakai-regulated-cell division. ..
- Moffatt C, Lamont R. Porphyromonas gingivalis induction of microRNA-203 expression controls suppressor of cytokine signaling 3 in gingival epithelial cells. Infect Immun. 2011;79:2632-7 pubmed publisher..This study shows that induction of miRNAs by P. gingivalis can modulate important host signaling responses. ..
- Li J, Chen Y, Zhao J, Kong F, Zhang Y. miR-203 reverses chemoresistance in p53-mutated colon cancer cells through downregulation of Akt2 expression. Cancer Lett. 2011;304:52-9 pubmed publisher..Our study is the first to identify the tumor suppressive role of overexpressed miR-203, describe its associated signaling pathways, and highlight the role of miR-203 in chemoresistance. ..
- Zhou Y, Wan G, Spizzo R, Ivan C, Mathur R, Hu X, et al. miR-203 induces oxaliplatin resistance in colorectal cancer cells by negatively regulating ATM kinase. Mol Oncol. 2014;8:83-92 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, stable knockdown of ATM induced resistance to oxaliplatin in chemo-naïve CRC cells. This is the first report of oxaliplatin resistance in CRC cells induced by miR-203-mediated suppression of ATM. ..
- Ding X, Park S, McCauley L, Wang C. Signaling between transforming growth factor ? (TGF-?) and transcription factor SNAI2 represses expression of microRNA miR-203 to promote epithelial-mesenchymal transition and tumor metastasis. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:10241-53 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that the SNAI2 and miR-203 regulatory loop plays important roles in EMT and tumor metastasis. ..
- Sonkoly E, Wei T, Janson P, Sääf A, Lundeberg L, Tengvall Linder M, et al. MicroRNAs: novel regulators involved in the pathogenesis of psoriasis?. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e610 pubmed..Taken together, a new layer of regulatory mechanisms is involved in the pathogenesis of chronic inflammatory skin diseases. ..
- Moes M, Le Béchec A, Crespo I, Laurini C, Halavatyi A, Vetter G, et al. A novel network integrating a miRNA-203/SNAI1 feedback loop which regulates epithelial to mesenchymal transition. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e35440 pubmed publisher..Importantly, miR-203 repressed endogenous SNAI1, forming a double negative miR203/SNAI1 feedback loop...
- Zhu X, Er K, Mao C, Yan Q, Xu H, Zhang Y, et al. miR-203 suppresses tumor growth and angiogenesis by targeting VEGFA in cervical cancer. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2013;32:64-73 pubmed publisher..Thus, miR-203 may be a potential therapeutic target and prognostic marker in cervical cancer. ..
- Furuta M, Kozaki K, Tanaka S, Arii S, Imoto I, Inazawa J. miR-124 and miR-203 are epigenetically silenced tumor-suppressive microRNAs in hepatocellular carcinoma. Carcinogenesis. 2010;31:766-76 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that miR-124 and miR-203 are novel tumor-suppressive miRNAs for HCC epigenetically silenced and activating multiple targets during hepatocarcinogenesis. ..
- Taube J, Malouf G, Lu E, Sphyris N, Vijay V, Ramachandran P, et al. Epigenetic silencing of microRNA-203 is required for EMT and cancer stem cell properties. Sci Rep. 2013;3:2687 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that restoring miR-203 expression levels may inhibit metastasis and combat deregulated Wnt signaling. ..
- Greither T, Grochola L, Udelnow A, Lautenschlager C, Wurl P, Taubert H. Elevated expression of microRNAs 155, 203, 210 and 222 in pancreatic tumors is associated with poorer survival. Int J Cancer. 2010;126:73-80 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the putative target genes for these microRNAs suggest a complex signaling network that can affect PDAC tumorigenesis and tumor progression...
- Chen Z, Li D, Cheng Q, Ma Z, Jiang B, Peng R, et al. MicroRNA-203 inhibits the proliferation and invasion of U251 glioblastoma cells by directly targeting PLD2. Mol Med Rep. 2014;9:503-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, miR-203 may be a novel candidate for the development of therapeutic strategies for gliomas. ..
- Lena A, Shalom Feuerstein R, Rivetti di Val Cervo P, Aberdam D, Knight R, Melino G, et al. miR-203 represses 'stemness' by repressing DeltaNp63. Cell Death Differ. 2008;15:1187-95 pubmed publisher..In addition, we have shown that miR-203 can regulate DeltaNp63 levels upon genotoxic damage in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma cells, thus controlling cell survival. ..
- Sonkoly E, Wei T, Pavez Loriè E, Suzuki H, Kato M, Torma H, et al. Protein kinase C-dependent upregulation of miR-203 induces the differentiation of human keratinocytes. J Invest Dermatol. 2010;130:124-34 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that upregulation of miR-203 in human keratinocytes is required for their differentiation and is dependent on the activation of the PKC/AP-1 pathway. ..
- Bian K, Fan J, Zhang X, Yang X, Zhu H, Wang L, et al. MicroRNA-203 leads to G1 phase cell cycle arrest in laryngeal carcinoma cells by directly targeting survivin. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:804-9 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that miR-203 inhibits the proliferation of laryngeal carcinoma cells by directly targeting survivin, suggesting its application in anti-cancer therapeutics. ..
- Ikenaga N, Ohuchida K, Mizumoto K, Yu J, Kayashima T, Sakai H, et al. MicroRNA-203 expression as a new prognostic marker of pancreatic adenocarcinoma. Ann Surg Oncol. 2010;17:3120-8 pubmed publisher..298, P = 0.027). miR-203 expression is a new prognostic marker in pancreatic adenocarcinoma patients. ..
- Qu Y, Li W, Hellem M, Rostad K, Popa M, McCormack E, et al. MiR-182 and miR-203 induce mesenchymal to epithelial transition and self-sufficiency of growth signals via repressing SNAI2 in prostate cells. Int J Cancer. 2013;133:544-55 pubmed publisher..We conclude that miR-182 and miR-203 induce MET features and growth factor independent growth via repressing SNAI2 in prostate cells. Our findings shed new light on the roles of miR-182/203 in cancer related processes. ..
- Wang C, Zheng X, Shen C, Shi Y. MicroRNA-203 suppresses cell proliferation and migration by targeting BIRC5 and LASP1 in human triple-negative breast cancer cells. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2012;31:58 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that miR-203 may function as a tumor suppressor in TNBC cells. Thus, miR-203 could be a potential therapeutic target for this disease. ..
- Viticchiè G, Lena A, Latina A, Formosa A, Gregersen L, Lund A, et al. MiR-203 controls proliferation, migration and invasive potential of prostate cancer cell lines. Cell Cycle. 2011;10:1121-31 pubmed..Therefore, miR-203 could be a potentially new prognostic marker and therapeutic target in metastatic prostate cancer. ..
- Saini S, Arora S, Majid S, Shahryari V, Chen Y, Deng G, et al. Curcumin modulates microRNA-203-mediated regulation of the Src-Akt axis in bladder cancer. Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2011;4:1698-709 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that curcumin may offer a therapeutic advantage in the clinical management of refractory bladder cancer over other standard treatment modalities. ..
- Saini S, Majid S, Yamamura S, Tabatabai L, Suh S, Shahryari V, et al. Regulatory Role of mir-203 in Prostate Cancer Progression and Metastasis. Clin Cancer Res. 2011;17:5287-98 pubmed publisher..miR-203 may be an attractive target for therapeutic intervention in advanced PCa. ..
- Decastro A, Dunphy K, Hutchinson J, Balboni A, Cherukuri P, Jerry D, et al. MiR203 mediates subversion of stem cell properties during mammary epithelial differentiation via repression of ?NP63? and promotes mesenchymal-to-epithelial transition. Cell Death Dis. 2013;4:e514 pubmed publisher..Data presented here indicate that expression of miR203, a miRNA that targets ?Np63? and ?Np63? is activated during luminal epithelial differentiation and that this ..
- Bo J, Yang G, Huo K, Jiang H, Zhang L, Liu D, et al. microRNA-203 suppresses bladder cancer development by repressing bcl-w expression. FEBS J. 2011;278:786-92 pubmed publisher..These data suggest an important role for miR-203 in the molecular etiology of bladder cancer and implicate the potential application of miR-203 in bladder cancer therapy. ..
- Zhang F, Yang Z, Cao M, Xu Y, Li J, Chen X, et al. MiR-203 suppresses tumor growth and invasion and down-regulates MiR-21 expression through repressing Ran in esophageal cancer. Cancer Lett. 2014;342:121-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings suggest that miR-203 may act as novel tumor suppressor in esophageal cancer through down-regulating the expression of Ran and miR-21. ..
- Wang C, Wang X, Liang H, Wang T, Yan X, Cao M, et al. miR-203 inhibits cell proliferation and migration of lung cancer cells by targeting PKC?. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e73985 pubmed publisher..In summary, this study identifies a novel miRNA that targets PKC? and illustrates that the downregulation of PKC? by miR-203 modulates biological processes in lung cancer cells. ..
- Yuan Y, Zeng Z, Liu X, Gong D, Tao J, Cheng H, et al. MicroRNA-203 inhibits cell proliferation by repressing ?Np63 expression in human esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. BMC Cancer. 2011;11:57 pubmed publisher..Our data implied that miR-203 could inhibit cell proliferation in human ESCC through ?Np63-mediated signal pathway. Therefore, we propose that miR-203 might be used as a therapeutic agent for human ESCC. ..
- Zhou X, Liu W, Gu M, Zhou H, Zhang G. Helicobacter pylori infection causes hepatic insulin resistance by the c-Jun/miR-203/SOCS3 signaling pathway. J Gastroenterol. 2015;50:1027-40 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrated that H.Â pylori infection induced hepatic insulin resistance by the c-Jun/miR-203/SOCS3 signaling pathway and provide possible implications with regard to resolving insulin resistance. ..
- Lim H, Kim C, Kim J, Yu S, Go D, Lee S, et al. Suppression of Oral Carcinoma Oncogenic Activity by microRNA-203 via Down-regulation of SEMA6A. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:5425-5433 pubmed..The purpose of this study was to elucidate the molecular mechanism underlying regulation of semaphorin-6A (SEMA6A) involving microRNA-203 (miR-203) as a tumor suppressor in YD-38 human oral cancer cells...
- Mohammadzadeh R, Saeid Harouyan M, Ale Taha S. Silencing of bach1 gene by small interfering RNA-mediation regulates invasive and expression level of miR-203, miR-145, matrix metalloproteinase-9, and CXCR4 receptor in MDA-MB-468 breast cancer cells. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317695925 pubmed publisher..Thus, these microRNAs may play a role in invasive/metastasis of carcinogenic breast cancer cells. Therefore, bach1 knockdown can be considered as a potent adjuvant in breast cancer therapy. ..
- Tang R, Zhong T, Dang Y, Zhang X, Li P, Chen G. Association between downexpression of MiR-203 and poor prognosis in non-small cell lung cancer patients. Clin Transl Oncol. 2016;18:360-8 pubmed publisher..MiR-203 mimic could suppress the cell growth of five lung cancer cell lines tested to different degrees in vitro. MiR-203 could become a prognostic predictor in NSCLC and may be a new target for the molecular therapy of NSCLC patients. ..
- Liu J, Xu Y, Shu B, Wang P, Tang J, Chen L, et al. Quantification of the differential expression levels of microRNA-203 in different degrees of diabetic foot. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:13416-20 pubmed..The significant finding of the study: Quantification of miR-203 in different degrees of diabetic foot. This study adds a new bio-marker for evaluation and management of diabetic foot. ..
- Fernández C, Bellosillo B, Ferraro M, Seoane A, Sanchez Gonzalez B, Pairet S, et al. MicroRNAs 142-3p, miR-155 and miR-203 Are Deregulated in Gastric MALT Lymphomas Compared to Chronic Gastritis. Cancer Genomics Proteomics. 2017;14:75-82 pubmed..miR-142-3p, miR-155 and miR-203 expression levels might be helpful biomarkers for the differential diagnosis between gastric MALT lymphomas and chronic gastritis. ..
- Wang S, Zhu L, Zuo W, Zeng Z, Huang L, Lin F, et al. MicroRNA-mediated epigenetic targeting of Survivin significantly enhances the antitumor activity of paclitaxel against non-small cell lung cancer. Oncotarget. 2016;7:37693-37713 pubmed publisher..The DNMT1-miR-203-Survivin signaling axis may provide a new avenue for the development of novel epigenetic approaches to enhance the chemotherapeutic efficacy against NSCLC. ..
- Deng B, Wang B, Fang J, Zhu X, Cao Z, Lin Q, et al. MiRNA-203 suppresses cell proliferation, migration and invasion in colorectal cancer via targeting of EIF5A2. Sci Rep. 2016;6:28301 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that miR-203 serves as a tumor suppressor gene and may be useful as a new potential therapeutic target in CRC. ..
- Cui X, Chen X, Wang W, Chang A, Yang L, Liu C, et al. Epigenetic silencing of miR-203 in Kazakh patients with esophageal squamous cell carcinoma by MassARRAY spectrometry. Epigenetics. 2017;12:698-707 pubmed publisher..Hypermethylated miR-203 is a potential biomarker and targeted delivery of miR-203 could therefore serve as a preventive or therapeutic strategy for Kazakh ESCC. ..
- Xu Q, Liu M, Zhang J, Xue L, Zhang G, Hu C, et al. Overexpression of KLF4 promotes cell senescence through microRNA-203-survivin-p21 pathway. Oncotarget. 2016;7:60290-60302 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that KLF4 could promote cell senescence through a complex network: miR-203, survivin, and p21, which were all regulated by overexpression of KLF4 and contributed to cell senescence. ..
- Conde Perez A, Gros G, Longvert C, Pedersen M, Petit V, Aktary Z, et al. A caveolin-dependent and PI3K/AKT-independent role of PTEN in Î²-catenin transcriptional activity. Nat Commun. 2015;6:8093 pubmed publisher..These data reveal a mechanism by which loss of PTEN increases CAV1-mediated dissociation of Î²-catenin from membranous E-cadherin, which may promote senescence bypass and metastasis. ..
- Xiaohong Z, Lichun F, Na X, Kejian Z, Xiaolan X, Shaosheng W. MiR-203 promotes the growth and migration of ovarian cancer cells by enhancing glycolytic pathway. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:14989-14997 pubmed..Together, our data suggested the oncogenic roles of miR-203 in ovarian cancer by promoting glycolysis, and miR-203 might be a therapeutic target for ovarian cancer. ..
- Wu S, Niu W, Li Y, Huang H, Zhan R. miR-203 inhibits cell growth and regulates G1/S transition by targeting Bmi-1 in myeloma cells. Mol Med Rep. 2016;14:4795-4801 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the present study demonstrated that Bmi?1 is a direct functional target of miR-203 in MM. ..
- Le L, Cazares O, Mouw J, Chatterjee S, Macias H, Moran A, et al. Loss of miR-203 regulates cell shape and matrix adhesion through ROBO1/Rac/FAK in response to stiffness. J Cell Biol. 2016;212:707-19 pubmed publisher..These studies show that cells subjected to stiffened environments up-regulate Robo1 as a protective mechanism that maintains cell shape and facilitates ECM adherence. ..
- Warshauer E, Samuelov L, Sarig O, Vodo D, Bindereif A, Kanaan M, et al. RBM28, a protein deficient in ANE syndrome, regulates hair follicle growth via miR-203 and p63. Exp Dermatol. 2015;24:618-22 pubmed publisher..miR-203 was found to regulate in turn TP63, encoding the transcription factor p63, which is critical for hair morphogenesis. In conclusion, RBM28 contributes to HF growth regulation through modulation of miR-203 and p63 activity. ..
- Zhang J, Liu W, Peng J, Ma Q, Peng J, Luo X. miR-21-5p/203a-3p promote ox-LDL-induced endothelial cell senescence through down-regulation of mitochondrial fission protein Drp1. Mech Ageing Dev. 2017;164:8-19 pubmed publisher..Our findings highlight the plasma levels of miR-21-5p/203a-3p may serve as novel biomarkers to evaluate the degree of endothelial senescence in hyperlipidemia. ..
- Yu H, Lu J, Zuo L, Yan Q, Yu Z, Li X, et al. Epstein-Barr virus downregulates microRNA 203 through the oncoprotein latent membrane protein 1: a contribution to increased tumor incidence in epithelial cells. J Virol. 2012;86:3088-99 pubmed publisher..Inhibitors of Jun N-terminal protein kinase (JNK) and NF-?B blocked miR-203 downregulation. These results imply that EBV promotes malignancy by downregulating cellular miR-203, which contributes to the etiology of NPC. ..
- Ju S, Chiou S, Su Y. Maintenance of the stemness in CD44(+) HCT-15 and HCT-116 human colon cancer cells requires miR-203 suppression. Stem Cell Res. 2014;12:86-100 pubmed publisher..More importantly, we show for the first time that the downregulation of miR-203 by HA/CD44 signaling is the main reason for stemness-maintenance in colon cancer cells. ..
- Marthaler A, Podgórska M, Feld P, Fingerle A, Knerr Rupp K, Grässer F, et al. Identification of C/EBP? as a novel target of the HPV8 E6 protein regulating miR-203 in human keratinocytes. PLoS Pathog. 2017;13:e1006406 pubmed publisher..This may drive HPV-mediated pathogenesis and may potentially also pave the way for skin carcinogenesis in EV-patients. ..
- Wu A, Chen H, Xu C, Zhou J, Chen S, Shi Y, et al. miR-203a is involved in HBx-induced inflammation by targeting Rap1a. Exp Cell Res. 2016;349:191-197 pubmed publisher..These data suggested that HBV-infection could up-regulate the expression of miR-203a, thus down regulated the expression of Rap1a and affected the PI3K/ERK/p38/NF?B pathways, finally induced the hepatitis inflammation. ..
- Huang Y, Liao D, Pan L, Ye R, Li X, Wang S, et al. Expressions of miRNAs in papillary thyroid carcinoma and their associations with the BRAFV600E mutation. Eur J Endocrinol. 2013;168:675-81 pubmed publisher..These findings may lead to the development of a potential diagnostic biomarker or prognostic indicator of PTC. ..
- Zhao D, Tian Y, Li P, Wang L, Xiao A, Zhang M, et al. MicroRNA-203 inhibits the malignant progression of neuroblastoma by targeting Sam68. Mol Med Rep. 2015;12:5554-60 pubmed publisher..The present study provided evidence to support miR-203/Sam68 as a novel diagnostic or therapeutic targets for NB. ..
- Gao P, Wang S, Jing F, Zhan J, Wang Y. microRNA-203 suppresses invasion of gastric cancer cells by targeting ERK1/2/Slug/ E-cadherin signaling. Cancer Biomark. 2017;19:11-20 pubmed publisher..miR-203/ERK1/2/Slug/E-cadherin signaling pathway plays an essential role on SGC7901 cell invasion and motility. miR-203 can be novel modalities to prevent peritoneal metastasis of invasive cancers such as gastric cancer. ..
- Gomes B, Martins M, Lopes P, Morujão I, Oliveira M, Araujo A, et al. Prognostic value of microRNA-203a expression in breast cancer. Oncol Rep. 2016;36:1748-56 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we found a significant downregulation of miR-203a with increased stage in invasive lobular carcinomas, suggesting that miR-203a could represent a potential marker to discriminate stages in invasive lobular carcinomas. ..
- Takeshita N, Mori M, Kano M, Hoshino I, Akutsu Y, Hanari N, et al. miR-203 inhibits the migration and invasion of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma by regulating LASP1. Int J Oncol. 2012;41:1653-61 pubmed publisher..The identification of a cancer network regulated by miR-203 could provide new insights into the potential mechanisms of the progression of ESCC. ..
- Zheng J, Wang F, Lu S, Wang X. LASP-1, regulated by miR-203, promotes tumor proliferation and aggressiveness in human non-small cell lung cancer. Exp Mol Pathol. 2016;100:116-24 pubmed publisher..Moreover, LASP-1 was proved to be a direct target gene for miR-203. Our results suggest that LASP-1, mediated by miR-203, has crucial functions in the proliferation, migration and invasion of NSCLC. ..
- Hu G, Lai P, Liu M, Xu L, Guo Z, Liu H, et al. miR-203a regulates proliferation, migration, and apoptosis by targeting glycogen synthase kinase-3? in human renal cell carcinoma. Tumour Biol. 2014;35:11443-53 pubmed publisher..Silencing of miR-203a could inhibit cell proliferation and migration, arrest them in G1 phase, and promote apoptosis in vitro. miR-203a promotes the progression of renal cell carcinoma and predicts a poor prognosis. ..
- Tripathi A, Dwivedi A, Pal M, Rastogi N, Gupta P, Ali S, et al. Attenuated neuroprotective effect of riboflavin under UV-B irradiation via miR-203/c-Jun signaling pathway in vivo and in vitro. J Biomed Sci. 2014;21:39 pubmed publisher..Thus, the ability of UV-B to serve as a modulator of this neuroprotective signaling pathway warrants further studies into its role as a regulator of other cytoprotective/neuroprotective signaling pathways. ..
- Chang X, Sun Y, Han S, Zhu W, Zhang H, Lian S. MiR-203 inhibits melanoma invasive and proliferative abilities by targeting the polycomb group gene BMI1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;456:361-6 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results demonstrated that miR-203 regulated melanoma invasive and proliferative abilities in part by targeting BMI1, providing new insights into potential mechanisms of melanoma metastasis. ..
- Lin W, Zhu X, Yang S, Chen X, Wang L, Huang Z, et al. MicroRNA-203 inhibits proliferation and invasion, and promotes apoptosis of osteosarcoma cells by targeting Runt-related transcription factor 2. Biomed Pharmacother. 2017;91:1075-1084 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that miR-203 may function as a tumor suppressor and may therefore have therapeutic potential in the treatment of human osteosarcoma. ..
- Yang F, Lv L, Cai Q, Jiang Y. Potential roles of EZH2, Bmi-1 and miR-203 in cell proliferation and invasion in hepatocellular carcinoma cell line Hep3B. World J Gastroenterol. 2015;21:13268-76 pubmed publisher..MiR-203 may contribute to the metastasis and enhance apoptosis of HCC cells by regulating EZH2 and Bmi-1. Our study may provide a theoretical basis for metastasis of HCC and targeted therapy of HCC. ..
- Navarro A, Pairet S, Ãlvarez LarrÃ¡n A, Pons A, Ferrer G, LongarÃ³n R, et al. miR-203 and miR-221 regulate SOCS1 and SOCS3 in essential thrombocythemia. Blood Cancer J. 2016;6:e406 pubmed publisher..In summary, our study shows that platelets from JAK2V617F-negative ET patients harbor a specific miRNA signature that can participate in the modulation of the JAK/STAT pathway through regulation of key genes as SOCS1 and SOCS3. ..
- Shen B, Yuan Y, Zhang Y, Yu S, Peng W, Huang X, et al. Long non-coding RNA FBXL19-AS1 plays oncogenic role in colorectal cancer by sponging miR-203. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;488:67-73 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal the cancer-promoting effect of FBXL19-AS1, acting as a molecular sponge in negatively modulating miR-203, which might provide a new insight for understanding of CRC development. ..
- Tang G, Wu J, Xiao G, Huo L. MiR-203 sensitizes glioma cells to temozolomide and inhibits glioma cell invasion by targeting E2F3. Mol Med Rep. 2015;11:2838-44 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that miR-203 may function as a tumor suppressor in glioma progression and that the miR-203/E2F3 axis may be a novel candidate in the development of rational therapeutic strategies for glioma. ..
- Zhao C, Wang Y, Jin H, Yu T. Knockdown of microRNA-203 alleviates LPS-induced injury by targeting MCL-1 in C28/I2 chondrocytes. Exp Cell Res. 2017;359:171-178 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study suggests that miR-203 suppression may inhibit the progression of OA by targeting MCL-1 and activating the Wnt/?-Catenin and JAK/STAT signal pathways. ..
- Chang J, Hwang Y, Lee D, Kim D, Park J, Wu H, et al. MicroRNA-203 Modulates the Radiation Sensitivity of Human Malignant Glioma Cells. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2016;94:412-20 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings demonstrate that miR-203 could be a target for overcoming the radiation resistance of GBM. ..
- Bovell L, Shanmugam C, Putcha B, Katkoori V, Zhang B, Bae S, et al. The prognostic value of microRNAs varies with patient race/ethnicity and stage of colorectal cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2013;19:3955-65 pubmed publisher..94; 95% CI, 1.03-3.67). These preliminary findings suggest that the prognostic value of miRNAs in colorectal cancers varies with patient race/ethnicity and stage of disease. ..
- Yin X, Zhao D, Zhang G, Liu L. Effect of miRNA-203 on cervical cancer cells and its underlying mechanism. Genet Mol Res. 2016;15: pubmed publisher..05). In conclusion, upregulation of miRNA-203 in cervical cancer cells inhibits the proliferative and migratory capacities of these cells by downregulating the expression of survivin. ..
- Liu D, Wu J, Liu M, Yin H, He J, Zhang B. Downregulation of miRNA-30c and miR-203a is associated with hepatitis C virus core protein-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition in normal hepatocytes and hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;464:1215-21 pubmed publisher..The Core protein-activated-EMT is involved in the carcinogenesis and progression of HCC. Loss of miR-30c and miR-203a expression is a marker for the poor prognosis of HCC. ..
- Chim C, Wong K, Leung C, Chung L, Hui P, Chan S, et al. Epigenetic inactivation of the hsa-miR-203 in haematological malignancies. J Cell Mol Med. 2011;15:2760-7 pubmed publisher..In NHL, hsa-miR-203 methylation was associated with concomitant methylation of other tumour suppressor miRNAs. The frequent hsa-miR-203 methylation in lymphoid malignancies suggested a pathogenetic role of hsa-miR-203 methylation. ..
- Chen J, Tran U, Rajarajacholan U, Thalappilly S, Riabowol K. ING1b-inducible microRNA203 inhibits cell proliferation. Br J Cancer. 2013;108:1143-8 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that ING1b epigenetically regulates several miRNAs including miR-203. The several-fold increase in miR-203 by ING1b might inhibit cancer cell proliferation through coordinate downregulation of CDK6, c-Abl and Src. ..
- Zhao S, Han J, Zheng L, Yang Z, Zhao L, Lv Y. MicroRNA-203 Regulates Growth and Metastasis of Breast Cancer. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2015;37:35-42 pubmed publisher..Among all miRNAs, miR203 has been recently shown to have an inhibitory effect on prostate cancer...
- Choi S, Shin J, Kim J, Shin T, Seo Y, Kim H, et al. Direct cell fate conversion of human somatic stem cells into cone and rod photoreceptor-like cells by inhibition of microRNA-203. Oncotarget. 2016;7:42139-42149 pubmed publisher..They may prove to be a source of both PR subtypes for future allogeneic stem cell-based therapies of non-regenerative retina diseases. ..
- He J, Deng Y, Yang G, Xie W. MicroRNA-203 down-regulation is associated with unfavorable prognosis in human glioma. J Surg Oncol. 2013;108:121-5 pubmed publisher..08). Our data validate an important clinical significance of miR-203 in gliomas, and reveal that it might be an intrinsic regulator of tumor progression and a potential prognostic factor for this dismal disease. ..
- Wang Y, Kong D. LncRNA GAS5 Represses Osteosarcoma Cells Growth and Metastasis via Sponging MiR-203a. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2018;45:844-855 pubmed publisher..LncRNA GAS5 might be a tumor suppressor in osteosarcoma via sponging miR-203a, sequestering miR-203a away from TIMP2. ..
- Xiao J, Yan T, Yu R, Gao Y, Zeng W, Lu S, et al. Long non-coding RNA UCA1 regulates the expression of Snail2 by miR-203 to promote hepatocellular carcinoma progression. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2017;143:981-990 pubmed publisher..Our results identified that UCA1/miR-203/Snail2 pathway might involve in HCC progression. Inhibition of UCA1 acted as a promising therapeutic target for HCC patients. ..
- Okumura T, Shimada Y, Moriyama M, Takei Y, Omura T, Sekine S, et al. MicroRNA-203 inhibits the progression of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma with restored epithelial tissue architecture in vivo. Int J Oncol. 2014;44:1923-32 pubmed publisher..Those results suggest the use of miR-203 as a novel therapeutic and diagnostic target in patients with ESCC. ..