Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR200C
Description: microRNA 200c
- Uhlmann S, Zhang J, Schwager A, Mannsperger H, Riazalhosseini Y, Burmester S, et al. miR-200bc/429 cluster targets PLCgamma1 and differentially regulates proliferation and EGF-driven invasion than miR-200a/141 in breast cancer. Oncogene. 2010;29:4297-306 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the miR-200 family has a tumor-suppressor function by negatively regulating EGF-driven cell invasion, viability and cell cycle progression in breast cancer. ..
- Lin J, Liu C, Gao F, Mitchel R, Zhao L, Yang Y, et al. miR-200c enhances radiosensitivity of human breast cancer cells. J Cell Biochem. 2013;114:606-15 pubmed publisher..However, overexpression of TBK1 partially rescued miR-200c mediated apoptosis induced by ionizing radiation. In summary, miR-200c can be a potential target for enhancing the effect of radiation treatment on breast cancer cells. ..
- Marchini S, Cavalieri D, Fruscio R, Calura E, Garavaglia D, Fuso Nerini I, et al. Association between miR-200c and the survival of patients with stage I epithelial ovarian cancer: a retrospective study of two independent tumour tissue collections. Lancet Oncol. 2011;12:273-85 pubmed publisher..miR-200c has potential as a predictor of survival, and is a biomarker of relapse, in stage I EOC. Nerina and Mario Mattioli Foundation, Cariplo Foundation (Grant Number 2010-0744), and the Italian Association for Cancer Research. ..
- Park S, Gaur A, Lengyel E, Peter M. The miR-200 family determines the epithelial phenotype of cancer cells by targeting the E-cadherin repressors ZEB1 and ZEB2. Genes Dev. 2008;22:894-907 pubmed publisher..Conversely, inhibition of miR-200 reduced E-cadherin expression, increased expression of Vimentin, and induced EMT. Our data identify miR-200 as a powerful marker and determining factor of the epithelial phenotype of cancer cells. ..
- Tang H, Deng M, Tang Y, Xie X, Guo J, Kong Y, et al. miR-200b and miR-200c as prognostic factors and mediators of gastric cancer cell progression. Clin Cancer Res. 2013;19:5602-12 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that miR-200b and miR-200c, as valuable markers of gastric cancer prognosis, may be a promising approach to human gastric cancer treatment. ..
- Valladares Ayerbes M, Reboredo M, Medina Villaamil V, Iglesias Díaz P, Lorenzo Patiño M, Haz M, et al. Circulating miR-200c as a diagnostic and prognostic biomarker for gastric cancer. J Transl Med. 2012;10:186 pubmed publisher..27; p?=?0.028), independent of clinical covariates. These data suggest that increased miR-200c levels are detected in the blood of gastric cancer patients. MiR-200c has the potential to be a predictor of progression and survival. ..
- Chen J, Tian W, Cai H, He H, Deng Y. Down-regulation of microRNA-200c is associated with drug resistance in human breast cancer. Med Oncol. 2012;29:2527-34 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings suggest that miR-200c may act as a promising therapeutic target for improvement of responsiveness to chemotherapy in breast cancer...
- Tsunoda T, Takashima Y, Yoshida Y, Doi K, Tanaka Y, Fujimoto T, et al. Oncogenic KRAS regulates miR-200c and miR-221/222 in a 3D-specific manner in colorectal cancer cells. Anticancer Res. 2011;31:2453-9 pubmed..Oncogenic KRAS regulates 3D-specific molecules, possibly being associated with colorectal tumor development in vivo. ..
- Pacurari M, Addison J, Bondalapati N, Wan Y, Luo D, Qian Y, et al. The microRNA-200 family targets multiple non-small cell lung cancer prognostic markers in H1299 cells and BEAS-2B cells. Int J Oncol. 2013;43:548-60 pubmed publisher..These results provide new insights into miR-200 regulation in lung cancer metastasis and consequent clinical outcome, and may provide a potential basis for innovative therapeutic approaches for the treatment of this deadly disease. ..
- Wang X, Chen X, Wang R, Xiao P, Xu Z, Chen L, et al. microRNA-200c modulates the epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition in human renal cell carcinoma metastasis. Oncol Rep. 2013;30:643-50 pubmed publisher..We therefore concluded that there is an Akt-miR-200c-E-cadherin axis in the epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition process in RCC. ..
- Park J, Kato M, Yuan H, Castro N, Lanting L, Wang M, et al. FOG2 protein down-regulation by transforming growth factor-?1-induced microRNA-200b/c leads to Akt kinase activation and glomerular mesangial hypertrophy related to diabetic nephropathy. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:22469-80 pubmed publisher..These data suggest a new mechanism for TGF-?-induced Akt activation through FOG2 down-regulation by miR-200b/c, which can lead to glomerular mesangial hypertrophy in the progression of diabetic nephropathy. ..
- Liu X, Zhu W, Huang Y, Ma L, Zhou S, Wang Y, et al. High expression of serum miR-21 and tumor miR-200c associated with poor prognosis in patients with lung cancer. Med Oncol. 2012;29:618-26 pubmed publisher..In addition, this study, for the first time, identifies a significant role of the tumor miR-200c played in predicting prognosis in patients with NSCLC. ..
- Hurteau G, Carlson J, Roos E, Brock G. Stable expression of miR-200c alone is sufficient to regulate TCF8 (ZEB1) and restore E-cadherin expression. Cell Cycle. 2009;8:2064-9 pubmed
- Magenta A, Cencioni C, Fasanaro P, Zaccagnini G, Greco S, Sarra Ferraris G, et al. miR-200c is upregulated by oxidative stress and induces endothelial cell apoptosis and senescence via ZEB1 inhibition. Cell Death Differ. 2011;18:1628-39 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, ROS induce miR-200c and other miR-200 family members; the ensuing downmodulation of ZEB1 has a key role in ROS-induced apoptosis and senescence. ..
- Bai W, Ye X, Zhang M, Zhu H, Xi W, Huang X, et al. MiR-200c suppresses TGF-? signaling and counteracts trastuzumab resistance and metastasis by targeting ZNF217 and ZEB1 in breast cancer. Int J Cancer. 2014;135:1356-68 pubmed publisher..These findings provide novel insights into the common role of EMT and related molecular machinery in mediating the malignant phenotypes of breast cancers. ..
- Jurmeister S, Baumann M, Balwierz A, Keklikoglou I, Ward A, Uhlmann S, et al. MicroRNA-200c represses migration and invasion of breast cancer cells by targeting actin-regulatory proteins FHOD1 and PPM1F. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:633-51 pubmed publisher..Thus, miR-200c impacts on metastasis by regulating several EMT-related processes, including a novel mechanism involving the direct targeting of actin-regulatory proteins. ..
- Howe E, Cochrane D, Cittelly D, Richer J. miR-200c targets a NF-?B up-regulated TrkB/NTF3 autocrine signaling loop to enhance anoikis sensitivity in triple negative breast cancer. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e49987 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings define a critical mechanism for transcriptional and post-transcriptional control of suspension-induced up-regulation of TrkB and NTF3 in anoikis resistant breast cancer cells. ..
- Tanaka K, Miyata H, Yamasaki M, Sugimura K, Takahashi T, Kurokawa Y, et al. Circulating miR-200c levels significantly predict response to chemotherapy and prognosis of patients undergoing neoadjuvant chemotherapy for esophageal cancer. Ann Surg Oncol. 2013;20 Suppl 3:S607-15 pubmed publisher..The serum level of miR-200c can be useful for predicting the response to chemotherapy and the prognosis of patients with esophageal cancer who receive neoadjuvant chemotherapy. ..
- Hamano R, Miyata H, Yamasaki M, Kurokawa Y, Hara J, Moon J, et al. Overexpression of miR-200c induces chemoresistance in esophageal cancers mediated through activation of the Akt signaling pathway. Clin Cancer Res. 2011;17:3029-38 pubmed publisher..Results of this study emphasized the involvement of miR-200c in resistance to chemotherapy among esophageal cancers and that this effect was mediated through the Akt pathway. ..
- Mizuguchi Y, Specht S, Lunz J, Isse K, Corbitt N, Takizawa T, et al. Cooperation of p300 and PCAF in the control of microRNA 200c/141 transcription and epithelial characteristics. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e32449 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that both P300 and PCAF act as cofactors for ZEB1, forming a P300/PCAF/ZEB1 complex on the miR200c/141 promoter...
- Toiyama Y, Hur K, Tanaka K, Inoue Y, Kusunoki M, Boland C, et al. Serum miR-200c is a novel prognostic and metastasis-predictive biomarker in patients with colorectal cancer. Ann Surg. 2014;259:735-43 pubmed publisher..67, 95% confidence interval: 1.28-5.67, P = 0.01). Serum miR-200c has strong potential to serve as a noninvasive biomarker for CRC prognosis and predicting metastasis. ..
- Brozovic A, Duran G, Wang Y, Francisco E, Sikic B. The miR-200 family differentially regulates sensitivity to paclitaxel and carboplatin in human ovarian carcinoma OVCAR-3 and MES-OV cells. Mol Oncol. 2015;9:1678-93 pubmed publisher..The miR-200 family plays major, cell-context dependent roles in regulating EMT and sensitivity to carboplatin and paclitaxel in OVCAR-3 and MES-OV cells. ..
- Yang G, Yang L, Wang W, Wang J, Wang J, Xu Z. Discovery and validation of extracellular/circulating microRNAs during idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis disease progression. Gene. 2015;562:138-44 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrated that extracellular/circulating miRNAs in serum could be potentially served as novel regulators influencing disease progression of IPF. ..
- Wu X, Liu W, Zeng K, Lei H, Zhang Q, Zhou S, et al. Advanced glycation end products activate the miRNA/RhoA/ROCK2 pathway in endothelial cells. Microcirculation. 2014;21:178-86 pubmed publisher..Further studies are necessary to evaluate the therapeutic value of targeting miRNAs or their target genes for treatment of vascular diseases. ..
- Yeh T, Wang F, Chen T, Yeh C, Yu M, Jan Y, et al. Expression profile of microRNA-200 family in hepatocellular carcinoma with bile duct tumor thrombus. Ann Surg. 2014;259:346-54 pubmed publisher..Simultaneous silencing of miR-200c and miR-141 was likely to be responsible for the development of HCC-BDTT via ZEB1-directed EMT activation and Sec23a-mediated secretome. ..
- Li J, Tan Q, Yan M, Liu L, Lin H, Zhao F, et al. miRNA-200c inhibits invasion and metastasis of human non-small cell lung cancer by directly targeting ubiquitin specific peptidase 25. Mol Cancer. 2014;13:166 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that miR-200c exerts tumor-suppressive effects for NSCLC through the suppression of USP25 expression and suggests a new therapeutic application of miR-200c in the treatment of NSCLC. ..
- Kumar S, Nag A, Mandal C. A Comprehensive Review on miR-200c, A Promising Cancer Biomarker with Therapeutic Potential. Curr Drug Targets. 2015;16:1381-403 pubmed..This article also proposes that the tumor microenvironment may have a role in influencing epigenetic silencing of miR-200c expression. ..
- Tanaka S, Hosokawa M, Ueda K, Iwakawa S. Effects of Decitabine on Invasion and Exosomal Expression of miR-200c and miR-141 in Oxaliplatin-Resistant Colorectal Cancer Cells. Biol Pharm Bull. 2015;38:1272-9 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the observed increased exosomal expression of miR-200c and miR-141 may be an indicator or biomarker candidate for mesenchymal-epithelial transition of CRC cells. ..
- Li Q, Zhang C, Chen R, Xiong H, Qiu F, Liu S, et al. Disrupting MALAT1/miR-200c sponge decreases invasion and migration in endometrioid endometrial carcinoma. Cancer Lett. 2016;383:28-40 pubmed publisher..In summary, miR-200c/MALAT1 axis is a target with therapeutic potential in EEC. However, different expression model of miR-200c and MALAT1 in EEC with that in other organ carcinomas needs further mechanism researches. ..
- Berlanga P, Muñoz L, Piqueras M, Sirerol J, Sánchez Izquierdo M, Hervás D, et al. miR-200c and phospho-AKT as prognostic factors and mediators of osteosarcoma progression and lung metastasis. Mol Oncol. 2016;10:1043-53 pubmed publisher..Moreover, transfection of miR200c-mimic in U2-OS cells reduced phospho-AKT levels but increased cellular migration and proliferation...
- Kundu S, Byers L, Peng D, Roybal J, Diao L, Wang J, et al. The miR-200 family and the miR-183~96~182 cluster target Foxf2 to inhibit invasion and metastasis in lung cancers. Oncogene. 2016;35:173-86 pubmed publisher..We, therefore, identified a novel mechanism whereby the miR-200 family and the miR-183~96~182 cluster inhibit lung cancer invasion and metastasis by targeting Foxf2. ..
- Zhang G, Zhang W, Li B, Stringer Reasor E, Chu C, SUN L, et al. MicroRNA-200c and microRNA- 141 are regulated by a FOXP3-KAT2B axis and associated with tumor metastasis in breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res. 2017;19:73 pubmed publisher..miR-200c and miR-141 are regulated by a FOXP3-KAT2B axis in breast cancer cells, and circulating levels of miR-200c and miR-141 are potential biomarkers for early detection of breast cancer metastases. ..
- Zhang H, Sun F, Li S. Serum miR-200c expression level as a prognostic biomarker for gastric cancer. Genet Mol Res. 2015;14:15913-20 pubmed publisher..01, 95%CI = 2.67-10.02, P = 0.006). The relative expression of serum miR-200c in GC patients was significantly higher compared to healthy controls, and it may prove to be useful in assessing the prognosis of GC. ..
- Gao Y, Wu J. MicroRNA-200c and microRNA-141 as potential diagnostic and prognostic biomarkers for ovarian cancer. Tumour Biol. 2015;36:4843-50 pubmed publisher..In addition, miR-200c and miR-141 may be predictive biomarkers for ovarian cancer prognosis. Further large-scale studies are still needed to confirm our findings. ..
- Li J, Li X, Ren S, Chen X, Zhang Y, Zhou F, et al. miR-200c overexpression is associated with better efficacy of EGFR-TKIs in non-small cell lung cancer patients with EGFR wild-type. Oncotarget. 2014;5:7902-16 pubmed..Overall, these findings indicated that miR-200c might be a predictive biomarker for sensitivity to EGFR-TKIs in advanced NSCLC patients with wild-type EGFR. ..
- Jepsen R, Novotny G, Klarskov L, Christensen I, Høgdall E, Riis L. Investigating intra-tumor heterogeneity and expression gradients of miR-21, miR-92a and miR-200c and their potential of predicting lymph node metastases in early colorectal cancer. Exp Mol Pathol. 2016;101:187-196 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate intra-tumor expression gradients indicating a differentiated expression of the target miRNAs between functional tumor zones, but the potential role as markers of early metastatic disease is still not fully clarified. ..
- Cai J, Liu X, Cheng J, Li Y, Huang X, Li Y, et al. MicroRNA-200 is commonly repressed in conjunctival MALT lymphoma, and targets cyclin E2. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2012;250:523-31 pubmed publisher..We demonstrated that miRNAs were dysregulated in conjunctival MALT lymphoma, and dysregulation of the miR-200 family could be involved in the pathogenesis and progression of the disease. ..
- Lynch S, O Neill K, McKenna M, Walsh C, McKenna D. Regulation of miR-200c and miR-141 by Methylation in Prostate Cancer. Prostate. 2016;76:1146-59 pubmed publisher..Prostate 76:1146-1159, 2016. Â© 2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Wu J, Fang Z, Xu J, Zhu W, Li Y, Yu Y. Prognostic Value and Clinicopathology Significance of MicroRNA-200c Expression in Cancer: A Meta-Analysis. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0128642 pubmed publisher..MiR-200c may have the potential to become a new blood biomarker to monitor cancer prognosis and progression. ..
- Vilming Elgaaen B, Olstad O, Haug K, Brusletto B, Sandvik L, Staff A, et al. Global miRNA expression analysis of serous and clear cell ovarian carcinomas identifies differentially expressed miRNAs including miR-200c-3p as a prognostic marker. BMC Cancer. 2014;14:80 pubmed publisher..A set of miRNAs differentiates CCC from HGSC, of which miR-509-3-5p and miR-509-5p are the strongest classifiers. Several interactions between miRNAs and mRNAs in HGSC were mapped. ..
- Lerner M, Haneklaus M, Harada M, Grander D. MiR-200c regulates Noxa expression and sensitivity to proteasomal inhibitors. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e36490 pubmed publisher..Together, our data define miR-200c as a potentiator of bortezomib-induced cell death. At the same time, we show that miR-200c is a novel negative regulator of the pro-apoptotic Bcl-2 family member Noxa. ..
- Li Y, Bai W, Zhang J. MiR-200c-5p suppresses proliferation and metastasis of human hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) via suppressing MAD2L1. Biomed Pharmacother. 2017;92:1038-1044 pubmed publisher..Replenishing of miR-200c-5p inhibited the proliferation, migration and invasion of HCC cells by suppressing MAD2L1. MiR-200c-5p can serve as a prognostic indicator and a promising therapeutic target for HCC patients. ..
- Shi C, Zhang Z. The prognostic value of the miR-200 family in ovarian cancer: a meta-analysis. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2016;95:505-12 pubmed publisher..20, 95% confidence interval 0.09-0.45). High expression of miR-200c may predict improved survival in women with ovarian cancer and high expression of the miR-200 family significantly improves overall survival for Asian women. ..
- PerdigÃ£o Henriques R, Petrocca F, Altschuler G, Thomas M, Le M, Tan S, et al. miR-200 promotes the mesenchymal to epithelial transition by suppressing multiple members of the Zeb2 and Snail1 transcriptional repressor complexes. Oncogene. 2016;35:158-72 pubmed publisher..Thus, miR-200 suppresses TGF-Î²/BMP signaling, promotes epithelial gene expression and suppresses cell invasion by regulating a network of genes. ..
- Izumchenko E, Chang X, Michailidi C, Kagohara L, Ravi R, Paz K, et al. The TGF?-miR200-MIG6 pathway orchestrates the EMT-associated kinase switch that induces resistance to EGFR inhibitors. Cancer Res. 2014;74:3995-4005 pubmed publisher..of 25 cancer cell lines of different tissue origins, we find that the ratio of the expression levels of MIG6 and miR200c is highly correlated with EMT and resistance to erlotinib...
- Radhakrishnan P, Mohr A, Grandgenett P, Steele M, Batra S, Hollingsworth M. MicroRNA-200c modulates the expression of MUC4 and MUC16 by directly targeting their coding sequences in human pancreatic cancer. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e73356 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that, in addition to regulating proteins that modulate EMT, miR-200c influences expression of cell surface mucins in pancreatic cancer. ..
- Sundararajan V, Gengenbacher N, Stemmler M, Kleemann J, Brabletz T, Brabletz S. The ZEB1/miR-200c feedback loop regulates invasion via actin interacting proteins MYLK and TKS5. Oncotarget. 2015;6:27083-96 pubmed publisher..In summary, TKS5 and MYLK represent two mediators of invasive behavior of cancer cells that are regulated by the ZEB1/miR-200 feedback loop. ..
- Saito T, Kurashige J, Nambara S, Komatsu H, Hirata H, Ueda M, et al. A Long Non-coding RNA Activated by Transforming Growth Factor-Î² is an Independent Prognostic Marker of Gastric Cancer. Ann Surg Oncol. 2015;22 Suppl 3:S915-22 pubmed publisher..LncRNA-ATB is a novel biomarker of lncRNA, indicative of a poor prognosis in GC patients. ..
- Susuki D, Kimura S, Naganuma S, Tsuchiyama K, Tanaka T, Kitamura N, et al. Regulation of microRNA expression by hepatocyte growth factor in human head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Cancer Sci. 2011;102:2164-71 pubmed publisher..Altered expression of miRNA directly regulated by HGF might contribute enhanced progressive and invasive characteristics of HNSCC by regulating the translation of HGF-induced functional molecules. ..
- Yoshino H, Enokida H, Itesako T, Tatarano S, Kinoshita T, Fuse M, et al. Epithelial-mesenchymal transition-related microRNA-200s regulate molecular targets and pathways in renal cell carcinoma. J Hum Genet. 2013;58:508-16 pubmed publisher..The identification of novel tumor-suppressive miR-200s-regulated molecular targets and pathways has provided new insights into RCC oncogenesis and metastasis. ..
- Pavkovic M, Robinson Cohen C, Chua A, Nicoara O, CÃ¡rdenas GonzÃ¡lez M, Bijol V, et al. Detection of Drug-Induced Acute Kidney Injury in Humans Using Urinary KIM-1, miR-21, -200c, and -423. Toxicol Sci. 2016;152:205-13 pubmed publisher..In summary, we report noninvasive detection of AKI in humans by combining the sensitivity of KIM-1 along with mechanistic potentials of miR-21, -200c, and -423. ..
- Shi M, Han W, Spivack S. A quantitative method to identify microRNAs targeting a messenger RNA using a 3'UTR RNA affinity technique. Anal Biochem. 2013;443:1-12 pubmed publisher..These results were not predicted by available software. This work demonstrates this miRNA binding affinity assay to be a novel yet facile experimental means of identification of miRNAs targeting a given mRNA. ..
- Tamagawa S, Beder L, Hotomi M, Gunduz M, Yata K, Grenman R, et al. Role of miR-200c/miR-141 in the regulation of epithelial-mesenchymal transition and migration in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Int J Mol Med. 2014;33:879-86 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our data suggest that the promoter hypermethylation of ZEB1 and ZEB2 may play an essential role and may overshadow the effects of the miR-200 family in the regulation of EMT during carcinogenesis. ..
- Hong L, Sharp T, Khorsand B, Fischer C, Eliason S, Salem A, et al. MicroRNA-200c Represses IL-6, IL-8, and CCL-5 Expression and Enhances Osteogenic Differentiation. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0160915 pubmed publisher..miR-200c may potentially be used as an effective means to prevent periodontitis-associated bone loss by arresting inflammation and osteoclastogenesis and enhancing bone regeneration. ..
- D Ippolito E, Plantamura I, Bongiovanni L, Casalini P, Baroni S, Piovan C, et al. miR-9 and miR-200 Regulate PDGFR?-Mediated Endothelial Differentiation of Tumor Cells in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer. Cancer Res. 2016;76:5562-72 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our data support the possibility to therapeutically exploit miR-9 and miR-200 to inhibit the process of vascular lacunae formation in TNBC. Cancer Res; 76(18); 5562-72. ©2016 AACR. ..
- Lu Y, Shang C, Ou Y, Yin D, Li Y, Li X, et al. miR-200c modulates ovarian cancer cell metastasis potential by targeting zinc finger E-box-binding homeobox 2 (ZEB2) expression. Med Oncol. 2014;31:134 pubmed publisher..Thus, targeting of miR-200c or ZEB2 may serve as a potential therapeutic strategy for control of ovarian cancer. ..
- Zhao Y, Xu Y, Li Y, Xu W, Luo F, Wang B, et al. NF-?B-mediated inflammation leading to EMT via miR-200c is involved in cell transformation induced by cigarette smoke extract. Toxicol Sci. 2013;135:265-76 pubmed publisher..Thus, we have defined a link between inflammation and EMT, processes involved in the malignant transformation of cells caused by CSE. This link, mediated through miRNAs, establishes a mechanism for CSE-induced lung carcinogenesis. ..
- Chang L, Guo F, Wang Y, Lv Y, Huo B, Wang L, et al. MicroRNA-200c regulates the sensitivity of chemotherapy of gastric cancer SGC7901/DDP cells by directly targeting RhoE. Pathol Oncol Res. 2014;20:93-8 pubmed publisher..These suggested that miRNA-200c regulated the sensitivity of chemotherapy to cisplatin (DDP) in gastric cancer by possibly targeting RhoE. ..
- Ota T, Doi K, Fujimoto T, Tanaka Y, Ogawa M, Matsuzaki H, et al. KRAS up-regulates the expression of miR-181a, miR-200c and miR-210 in a three-dimensional-specific manner in DLD-1 colorectal cancer cells. Anticancer Res. 2012;32:2271-5 pubmed..Oncogenic KRAS regulates 3D-specific miRNAs that are possibly associated with CRC development in vivo. ..
- Luo Z, Wen G, Wang G, Pu X, Ye S, Xu Q, et al. MicroRNA-200C and -150 play an important role in endothelial cell differentiation and vasculogenesis by targeting transcription repressor ZEB1. Stem Cells. 2013;31:1749-62 pubmed publisher..Our findings revealed that miR-150 and miR-200c play an important role in human endothelial lineage specification and chick embryonic vasculogenesis by targeting ZEB1. ..
- Yun K, Lee J, Yun S, Lim I, Choi E. Elevated serum level of microRNA (miRNA)-200c and miRNA-371-5p in children with Kawasaki disease. Pediatr Cardiol. 2014;35:745-52 pubmed publisher..The present data support the hypothesis that the inflammatory response is a crucial mechanism for pathogenesis of KD, and miRNAs might be the main regulators of this inflammatory response. ..
- Vallejo D, Caparros E, Dominguez M. Targeting Notch signalling by the conserved miR-8/200 microRNA family in development and cancer cells. EMBO J. 2011;30:756-69 pubmed publisher..Together, these data define a new way to attenuate or boost Notch signalling that may have clinical interest. ..
- Shelygin Y, Shubin V, Frolov S, Achkasov S, Sushkov O, Tsukanov A, et al. The analysis of microRNAs miR-200C and miR-145 expression in colorectal cancer of different molecular subtypes. Dokl Biochem Biophys. 2015;463:243-6 pubmed publisher..MiR-145 can serve as a marker of the mesenchymal subtype of cancer. Gene expression profiles and microRNAs allow prognostically unfavorable tumors of the mesenchymal subtype to be distinguished. ..
- Fomeshi M, Ebrahimi M, Mowla S, Khosravani P, Firouzi J, Khayatzadeh H. Evaluation of the expressions pattern of miR-10b, 21, 200c, 373 and 520c to find the correlation between epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition and melanoma stem cell potential in isolated cancer stem cells. Cell Mol Biol Lett. 2015;20:448-65 pubmed publisher..Melanospheres were found to upregulate miR-10b, 21, 200c, 373 and 520c, so we suggest that they may control both metastasis and stemness potential. ..
- Kim B, Yoo H, Lee A, Choi K, Yoon S. Decreased expression of VLDLR is inversely correlated with miR-200c in human colorectal cancer. Mol Carcinog. 2017;56:1620-1629 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that VLDLR down-regulation mediated by the increased expression of miR-200c may be involved in the development of CRC. ..
- Infante T, Mancini F, Lanza A, Soricelli A, de Nigris F, Napoli C. Polycomb YY1 is a critical interface between epigenetic code and miRNA machinery after exposure to hypoxia in malignancy. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015;1853:975-86 pubmed publisher..001). Given the regulatory functions of VEGFA on cellular activities to promote neoangiogenesis, we conclude that YY1 acts as novel critical interface between epigenetic code and miRNAs machinery under chronic hypoxia in malignancy. ..
- Gallardo F, Sandoval J, DÃaz Lagares A, Garcia R, D Altri T, GonzÃ¡lez J, et al. Notch1 Pathway Activation Results from the Epigenetic Abrogation of Notch-Related MicroRNAs in Mycosis Fungoides. J Invest Dermatol. 2015;135:3144-3152 pubmed publisher..Our study deciphers an epigenetic mechanism regulating the Notch pathway in (MF) that might contribute to the future design of more specific therapeutic strategies. ..
- Zhang H, Sun Z, Li Y, Fan D, Jiang H. MicroRNA-200c binding to FN1 suppresses the proliferation, migration and invasion of gastric cancer cells. Biomed Pharmacother. 2017;88:285-292 pubmed publisher..Besides, miR-200c inhibited the proliferation, migration and invasion of GC cells through binding to FN1. ..
- Sui H, Cai G, Pan S, Deng W, Wang Y, Chen Z, et al. miR200c attenuates P-gp-mediated MDR and metastasis by targeting JNK2/c-Jun signaling pathway in colorectal cancer. Mol Cancer Ther. 2014;13:3137-51 pubmed publisherMicroRNA-200c (miR200c) recently emerged as an important regulator of tumorigenicity and cancer metastasis; however, its role in regulating multidrug resistance (MDR) remains unknown...